Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs-Gameplay Thread

Game Master Vanulf Wulfson

Map of Wati

Combat Maps

Initiatives:

[dice=Akbari]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Caius]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Dr. Hibbins]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Kyrus]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Marius]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Rashim]1d20+6[/dice]

Perception:

[dice=Akbari]1d20+11[/dice]
[dice=Caius]1d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Dr. Hibbins]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Kyrus]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Marius]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Rashim]1d20+5[/dice]


251 to 288 of 288 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1
Profile:
[Init 3, HP 8/11, F4 R3 W5, AC18 FF 15 T13, CMB 2 CMD 15.
Loot sheet

After completing his morning prayers, Kyrus stands, cracks his knuckles, and looks at the others. "I pray the Goddess will grant us he favour. Let us make more progress, and uncover this tomb's hidden secrets today!"

He too moves up ready to advance...

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human (Keleshite) Telekineticist 1 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | 12/12 hp | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +6 | Percep +5 | CMD 14

Rashim rolls his shoulders, a little stiff from the night's sleep, but ready to be on with things. "Let's get this show on the road"


Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archaeologist) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 9/9]; [Armor Class: 15; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 13]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +2; CMD: 14]; [Saves: Fortitude: +1; Reflex: +4; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +4]; [Perception: +5]

Marius wakens and stretches out his aching muscles from sleeping on the cold, hard ground. Digging in his pack he pulls out some hard tack and jerkey which he washes down with some water "The breakfast of champions." he says to no one in particular. Once finished he packs up his pack and stands. Going over to the doors he removes the spikes and opens one and, with a flourish of his hands, he asks "Shall we?"


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

You exit the chamber and make your way back to the stairwell where you fought the sand creature. Making your way down the stairs, taking extra precautions against the return of the creature, you make it past the rubble strewn center of the stairs without incident.
You find yourselves in front of a pair of stone doors, a carving of a gold painted scarab, it's wings spread beneath a gold painted sun, is bisected by the doors themselves.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/FF 14/Touch 13 | Init + 3 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +3 | Low-Light Vision, +2 vs enchantment, Immune to magic sleep | Perception +11

Akbari took the front along with whoever else was going to be helping look for traps and such. He descended the stairs, trying to be moderately quiet in his gait. When they found themselves in front of the large stone doors, he looked them over carefully sword in hand, not touching anything. "Beautiful, but I wonder is it dangerous also?" He wasn't really asking anyone, just wondering aloud in his quiet but strong voice.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
Stealth if applicable: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

Akbari searches the doors and doesn't find any traps, although the doors are unlocked.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1
Profile:
[Init 3, HP 8/11, F4 R3 W5, AC18 FF 15 T13, CMB 2 CMD 15.
Loot sheet

"Let's go, guys - treasures await!" Kyrus opens the doors, then steps smartly back and to one side to allow the others to take the lead.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

Kyrus opens the doors to reveal a large 20x30 room. Double doors lead from this room to the north and west, as well as the one you just opened.
A large tapestry hangs from a frame along the southern wall. The hanging depicts an otherwordly vista of where the souls of the dead are being shepherded by strange beings into an ethereal river leading to an impossibly tall tower in the distance.

Knowledge (religion) DC:10:

The tapestry shows the souls of the recently departed being guided by Aeons, Pharasma's servants, into the River of Souls to be judged in the Boneyard by Pharasma herself atop her spire.

Four columns, each carved in the likeness of an Osirian warrior, stand in each corner their khopeshes held at the ready. The floor itself is tiled with a white spiral pattern upon a black background, a motif that is repeated on all three sets of doors.


[HP: 11/11] [Panache: 4 of 4]
Statistics:
[AC: 19; Touch: 14; Flat-footed: 15] [CMD: 15] [Fort +1, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +2 against enchantment spells and effects] [Immune: Magic Sleep effects] [Low-Light Vision, Darkvision (60 feet)] [Perception +7]

Caius cautiously steps into the chamber. Taking a moment to look at the tapestry in wonder.

"What is that upon the tapestry?"


Half-Orc Alchemist (Cryptbreaker, Chiurgeon) hp 8/8

Religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

"Pharasma guiding the dead, about what you expect from a tomb." Dr. Hibbins says off offhandedly while pushing open the western door and peeking inside.


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

The good Doctor pushes on the doors only to find them locked.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/FF 14/Touch 13 | Init + 3 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +3 | Low-Light Vision, +2 vs enchantment, Immune to magic sleep | Perception +11

Akbari slowly strode in to the room. He stopped and stared at the tapestry for a long moment...finally broken when Caius and Dr. Hibbins talk about said tapestry. He checked out the columns one by one to make sure there were no traps there...or the warriors weren't about to be animated.

He shook his head and started to turn away. He hesitated and finally looked behind the tapestry just to be on the safe side.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28


Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archaeologist) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 9/9]; [Armor Class: 15; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 13]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +2; CMD: 14]; [Saves: Fortitude: +1; Reflex: +4; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +4]; [Perception: +5]

Seeing Dr Hibbins at the western doors, Marius will make his way to the northern set and listen for any noise behind them before trying to open them.
Perception check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

Akbari searches the room and cannot find anything wishing the party ill will or malice.

Marius cannot hear anything through the thick stone doors and, when attempting to open them, finds them locked just like the western doors.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/FF 14/Touch 13 | Init + 3 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +3 | Low-Light Vision, +2 vs enchantment, Immune to magic sleep | Perception +11

Akbari then slowly made his way over to be closer to the doors soon to be opened, not wanting to leave the others open to attack without his aid. He had said he would try to stand more in the front for the group, and he was trying to keep his word. He readied his sword and then waited for the doors to be unlocked and opened.


Male Human (Keleshite) Telekineticist 1 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | 12/12 hp | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +6 | Percep +5 | CMD 14

"Both locked, eh?" He pulls a pair of thieves tools out of his vest before joining Marius at the northern doors. "Let's have a look then" he says, dropping down by the lock. He'll pause for a moment before touching the lock, looking for any traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

He will then begin the delicate process of working on the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20

If he discovers a trap, the above roll is to disable said trap, and this roll would be for the lock itself. If not, then maybe we could use it for the other door too? Just trying to keep things moving by giving options.
Disable Device: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

Rashim kneels down next to the northern door and examines the lock carefully before removing his tools and working on the lock. With a little effort he manages to unlock it. Perhaps learning from the first lock Rashim easily unlocks the western doors.


[HP: 11/11] [Panache: 4 of 4]
Statistics:
[AC: 19; Touch: 14; Flat-footed: 15] [CMD: 15] [Fort +1, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +2 against enchantment spells and effects] [Immune: Magic Sleep effects] [Low-Light Vision, Darkvision (60 feet)] [Perception +7]

Caius nods at Hibbins as he explains the tapestry. "Interesting. Hope it's worth some decent coins."

He then walks up to the tapestry and examines it.

Appraise: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1
Profile:
[Init 3, HP 8/11, F4 R3 W5, AC18 FF 15 T13, CMB 2 CMD 15.
Loot sheet

Recognising the motifs and icons of Pharasma in this room, Kyrus approaches the artwork with reverence. "This art - I cannot say how old it is, but aspects of it mirror those in every shrine of the Grey Lady I have seen, from my homeland to here. It is humbling to see time, counted across hundreds of generations of man, unaltered in the worship of my Goddess."

Kyrus kneels in front of the tapestry and sinks into reflective prayer, ignoring the rest of the party during his devotion.

take ten on knowledge religion


Half-Orc Alchemist (Cryptbreaker, Chiurgeon) hp 8/8

Whelp, now that it is unlocked, I would like West door for the square Mr Warwick


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

Hibbins opens the western doors to reveal a small landing which narrows sharply to a set of stairs which ends abruptly at a rough stone wall. The finished tiled walls of the landing stand in stark contrast to the rough hewn walls of the stairs.


[HP: 11/11] [Panache: 4 of 4]
Statistics:
[AC: 19; Touch: 14; Flat-footed: 15] [CMD: 15] [Fort +1, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +2 against enchantment spells and effects] [Immune: Magic Sleep effects] [Low-Light Vision, Darkvision (60 feet)] [Perception +7]

Caius walks away from the tapestry while Kyrus kneels in front of it. Making his way to a vantage point to overlook both doors.

"So everyone...which door should we check out first?"


Half-Orc Alchemist (Cryptbreaker, Chiurgeon) hp 8/8

"Whatever was supposed to be built in here didn't get finished. So, other doors it is."

Hibbins heads north.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1
Profile:
[Init 3, HP 8/11, F4 R3 W5, AC18 FF 15 T13, CMB 2 CMD 15.
Loot sheet

Kyrus rises from his prayers and wanders over to look at the dead end. He turns to the others, "Really? Doc, you're an archaeologist - is in normal to find such unfinished sections? We ought to check it, in case..." Just to be sure, Kyrus goes down to the blank wall to inspect it for possible hidden doors.

spot hidden doors: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

If he finds nothing, he returns to the others and heads to the other exit, weapon at the ready.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

Kyrus begins to descend the stairs when he hears a clicking sound coming from the darkness below. Suddenly three sets of glowing light appear from tunnels burrowed into the stone walls. Kyrus sees three cat-sized beetles emerge from these tunnels and begin making their way up the stairs, their mandibles clicking menacingly.


Male Human (Keleshite) Telekineticist 1 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | 12/12 hp | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +6 | Percep +5 | CMD 14

Rashim, still standing right by the doors at the top of the stairs, hears the sound of the clicking mandibles and visibly startles. Bugs again! Why is it always bugs? "What's going on down there Kyrus? Sounds not good!" Rashim closes his hands on the door, ready to slam them shut if Kyrus makes a retreat.

Ready an action to slam the bloody doors if Kyrus comes back through them.


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

I thought you were going to slam the doors on him.

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1
Profile:
[Init 3, HP 8/11, F4 R3 W5, AC18 FF 15 T13, CMB 2 CMD 15.
Loot sheet

Full withdrawal, max speed...

"Woah! Kyrus turns and legs it as fast as he can back up the stairs, hurling himself through the doors as Rashim slams them shut. "By the Gods - this is meant to be a hall of the dead, not a zoo of the living. How frequently are adventurers exploring this tomb, to feed all these ravenous vermin?"

Pausing with one hand on his knees (the other holding his kukri) and panting from his sprint, Kyrus looks around at the smirking faces of the other party members watching him, "I apologise. I am prone to impatience - it often causes trouble. I wish only success for our group and prosperity ahead for all of us. It's just...sometimes I wish it would happen a little faster"

GM Wulfson wrote:
I thought you were going to slam the doors on him.

So did Kyrus for a second...


[HP: 11/11] [Panache: 4 of 4]
Statistics:
[AC: 19; Touch: 14; Flat-footed: 15] [CMD: 15] [Fort +1, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +2 against enchantment spells and effects] [Immune: Magic Sleep effects] [Low-Light Vision, Darkvision (60 feet)] [Perception +7]

Caius stands there with a look of shock on his face, as the scene unfolds before him.

"Good work both of you. Let's just leave those shut and move on...shall we."


Half-Orc Alchemist (Cryptbreaker, Chiurgeon) hp 8/8

"You see my good man, left over construction tends to happen in tombs. You build tombs while you are alive, you die mid construction, you are buried with what you have. Then mass amounts of vermin get in through tunnels in the weaker portions and this is what you get. Now shall we?"

Hibbins reaches over to open the other door.


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/FF 14/Touch 13 | Init + 3 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +3 | Low-Light Vision, +2 vs enchantment, Immune to magic sleep | Perception +11

Akbari had crouched down and hauled his large sword back, making ready to attack the beetles if they got through the doors before Kyrus closed them. He looked only mildly disappointed. "What, we aren't going to clear them out of the tomb? What if they come up behind us by another way later on?"

Then he grinned and shrugged, giving it up. He moved to the next set of doors, backing up Dr. Hibbins.


Iron Gods: Deus Ex Machina Maps / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs Maps / Skull and Shackles: Red Sky at Morning Maps

Oh how soon we forget that these creatures can burrow through stone.

The good Doctor opens the northern doors to reveal another set of stairs which descend 10 feet to another pair of doors.

As if to lend credence to Akbari's words you all can hear a scratching sound coming from the western doors as the creatures begin to break through.
Everyone will have one round to prepare whatever actions they're going to take before the beetles manage to eat their way through the door.

Initiatives:
Akbari: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Caius: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Dr. Hibbins: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Kyrus: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Marius: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Rashim: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Beetles: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20


Male Human (Taldan) Bard (Archaeologist) 1
Character Information:
[HP: 9/9]; [Armor Class: 15; Touch: 12; Flat Footed: 13]; [BAB: +0; CMB: +2; CMD: 14]; [Saves: Fortitude: +1; Reflex: +4; Will: +3]; [Initiative: +4]; [Perception: +5]

Marius, standing beside Dr Hibbins, turns his head at the sound "Uh, oh. That doesn't sound good." he says as fine crack begin to appear in the double doors. Thinking quickly he Yells "Everyone to move to the sides of the doors, I'm going to summon a patch of grease in front of them for when the little buggers break through."

Grand Lodge

M Human Warpriest 1
Profile:
[Init 3, HP 8/11, F4 R3 W5, AC18 FF 15 T13, CMB 2 CMD 15.
Loot sheet

Kyrus readies himself for the fight to come, standing 15' back from the doors. Raising one hand to the image of Pharasma on the tapestry, he invokes the blessing of ice for his favoured kukri. "Sorry guys..."

+1d4 damage for my weapon, lasts 1 minute

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Half-Elf Ranger 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/FF 14/Touch 13 | Init + 3 | Fort +4 | Ref +5 | Will +3 | Low-Light Vision, +2 vs enchantment, Immune to magic sleep | Perception +11

Akbari released one hand from the hilt of his sword to gesture back towards where the beetles had been with a 'See? I told you so' sort of look on his face. He grinned and moved to the side of the door, readying his weapon for when the beetles entered, hoping to chop one down as it moved in.


Male Human (Keleshite) Telekineticist 1 | AC 16, T 14, FF 12 | 12/12 hp | Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +1 | Init +6 | Percep +5 | CMD 14

Rashim moves quickly back from the doors, gladly following Marius' request for clearance. His eyes quickly track to a nearby rock, which begins to hover and spin slowly in the air right next to him.

Ready an action to fire a telekinetic blast after the grease spell has had a chance to affect the buggers, at the closest one to me still standing, or the closest one to me period if all three fall.

If that happens:

The rock quickly goes flying toward one of the bugs. However, in his haste to smash the devil spawn of pure evil in front of him, Rashim fires too quickly, and the stone goes wide.

Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7


Half-Orc Alchemist (Cryptbreaker, Chiurgeon) hp 8/8

Hibbins mixes a potent cocktail of high ph alkali, preparing to throw as soon as the beasts hit the grease.

attacking a spot so as to hit the most enemies, 6dmg acid reflex for half

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 will hit the ac of a random spot.


[HP: 11/11] [Panache: 4 of 4]
Statistics:
[AC: 19; Touch: 14; Flat-footed: 15] [CMD: 15] [Fort +1, Ref: +6, Will: +1; +2 against enchantment spells and effects] [Immune: Magic Sleep effects] [Low-Light Vision, Darkvision (60 feet)] [Perception +7]

Caius moves to the side of the door with a audible sigh, as he hears the creatures breaking through the door.

He leans against the wall and crosses his arms as he waits.

"Persistent little bastards aren't they."

251 to 288 of 288 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Mummy's Mask: The Sand Scarabs-Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.