Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Motteditor's Witchwar Legacy PBP (Inactive)

Game Master motteditor


51 to 100 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Kostchtchie is, in fact, a demon lord.

You're certainly welcome to try to gain more information as well, if you'd like. Just let me know where you want to go.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

There could be a library or temple we could access for more info. We could teleport to see just about anyone about it. I'm sure we'd have access to lots of lore (especially Raulzig). If we spend a day on it, we could also prep other spells before jumping in. Some cold protection, flight, maybe some invisibility? I don't have that stuff prepped right now.

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

"I could request another vision to know the Lore, but such would leave me tired, and I would need yet another day of rest before we depart."

Otherwise, I do not know where to look for such informaton. I do not believe Mendev has a library due to the constant raids and battles, and we haven't played these characters prior to have any contacts. :)


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

"If you wish, I could perform a rough divination of sorts, ask a question into the fire, see what the fire says. It looks forward but a handful of days, but may of yet be of use"


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

That sounds excellent, Krokod, if it's not too taxing on you. If nothing else, we might have a better idea of the time we have available, and what to expect. We may have some time to prepare, or we may have to move immediately.

If Kostchtchies's minions were on their way, there may be others getting close, already. We're not likely the only people looking for the torc.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

"I will ask how much time we have then," Reaching into his bag, his hand sinks deep up to the elbow while he digs around, There was a time this bag alone would have frightened me. Heh. The world is so much wider than I knew. So much stranger.
He pulls forth a small brazier, rare incense, and a precious bit of Ivory. Then he sets it on fire...
He starts to chant, over and over...
"Api, mendengar saya! Anda menuntut saya panjang ago, membuat saya anda. Nowo meminta sebagai anak lelaki dan saudara laki-laki anda. Nowo mohon sebagai satu satu hilang. Kami harus membuat berapa banyak ketergesaan jika kami menginginkan untuk mengejar dan menuntutnya di hadapan orang lain?"
Krokod's chant grows stronger, his hands weaving, fingers seeming to almost spin the tendrils of the tiny fire.
Mutilated Indonesian from an online translator... figured it would add pep

Ignan:
"Fire, hear me! You claimed me long ago, made me yours. Now I ask as your son and brother. Now I beseech as one one lost. How much haste must we make if we wish to pursue the torc and claim it before others?"

Casting Divination. Augry requires a secret roll, where as Divination lets me know if I failed unless some magic used to yield false information is at work. That being the case, I'll roll percentile but I know you may prefer to do so your self for secret DM stuff instead.

1d100 ⇒ 83


Ryarg, already prepared to move out, simply settles patiently back into his chair to wait out the divination attempt.

Bern sniffs the general direction of the captain's liquor, but Ryarg's low growl, very bear-like itself, puts a stop to it. The bear sighs and affects a pitiful and defeated demeanor, lying on the ground at the dwarf's feet.


Male Human Wizard 9

"Ah, let 'im 'ave some liquor. It weel add 'air to ees chest, as you say," Aurelian says with a laugh, tossing a bottle of wine to the dwarf.

Sorry, want to doublecheck the mod, which will take a little more time, before I answer the divination, but figured I could add something in. Hope to have an update later tonight.


"As you wish. I absolve myself of the situation. He's not a happy drunk."

Bern pretends not to understand, simply stand up on his haunches and holds his forepaws out, waiting. Ryarg opens the wine, sniffs it, hides a grimace at the vintage, and passes the bottle over.

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

[ooc]No worries. At this level, there are a lot of things that can and will slow down play. Divinations and Summoning can be the worst :)/ooc]

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Whooo, just made that roll.

"Waktu tumbuh pendek, nasib yang menyedihkan, musuh berkemah di pintu gerbang. Pintu dilanggar, ikat kepala hampir dalam jangkauan. Para musuh banyak api berusaha untuk menemukan kemuliaan yang lebih tinggi," the fire seems to respond.

Ignan:

"Time grows short, a dismal fate, the enemy camped at the gate. The door is breached, the torc nearly in reach. The many foes of fire seek to find a glory higher."


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Krokod repeats aloud the words, droning almost in sync, then his awareness comes back to THIS world, as the flames die, and so he repeats it in common for the benefit of those who do not speak to flame, "Time grows short, a dismal fate, the enemy camped at the gate. The many foes of fire seek to find a glory higher."

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

Whoops, added a couple more lines to the stanza, since it was feeling a bit bare. Must've not quite gotten it in in time...


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Ah, ,it won't let me go back and edit.. just assume he mentioned the other stuff as well.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

"Camped at the gate?" Hmm... If I was working alone, I'd forget the camp and just get past the "gate." That still leaves the problem of finding the torc and getting out with it. That sort of thing is never as easy as it sounds...


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Krokod shrugs and puts things away, "I think we should go... perhaps after the bear is done drinking."


"He's done," Ryarg says, snatching away the bottle. Bern, who was definitely not finished ambles over to Ryarg's pack, picks it up in his mouth, tosses it out of the tent and sits down blocking the door.

"Move!" Ryarg growls. No response.

Ryarg and his animal companion glare at each other for several seconds until Ryarg returns the bottle and fetches his pack from outside.

"He'll be done soon."

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

I'll go ahead and use a wand to cast Endure Elements (24 hours) and Resist Energy (Cold Resistance 10, 30 Mins) on everyone, just before we Teleport.

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

I will also hand everyone a platinum ring (non-magic focus) to wear.

Turning to Ryarg, "It would be most wise if you did not wear this, until it's time is needed. Should you "bear-up", it will chang with you, and I believe not activate."


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Lefty will cast Protection from Evil from his wand. By the time he teleports us, that's only a few rounds for the effect (5-9), but we don't know who we'll end up standing next to once we're there, so a few charges is no big deal. If we don't need it, great.

Form a circle, gentlemen, and touch the person to your right. Get Bern over here, too. I'll focus on the waterfall. Should we go to the base, or somewhere in the tunnels behind it? I vote for the latter.

With that, he packs up, and activates his ring of invisiblity, and gets ready to cast the spell.

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Save the wand on me, it basically has no effect with how PF changed it. :)


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Krokod takes the ring with a nod. Then forms a circle as directed."I will trust your judgement in where you 'whisk' us"

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

In case you didn't know the platinum ring is a focus for the Shield Other spell. I believe if you wild shape, it shifts with you and thus can not work, but nt sure on that. It is not magical.

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

You feel a strange wrenching from behind your belly button as Lefty's magic takes effect, and suddenly Aurelian Fache's office disappears. A second later, you seem to hit a wall and can almost feel yourself be bounced back.

Instead of in the fall, as you expected, you suddenly appear at the far end of the valley, the cold hitting you like a burst even with your magics, and your breath instantly crystallizing in the air.

An unbelievable sight waits at the end of the valley, where the frozen plains meet the Crown of the World. A massive waterfall that once plunged the seven hundred feet to the valley floor has frozen solid, leaving a braided ice column of unimaginable proportions extending from the lip of the cliff above to its base of jagged ice boulders and frozen hillocks at the bottom -- the legendary Veil of Frozen Tears, the icy necropolis of the defeated rebels of the Witchwar.

A fortification of some sort, apparently carved from the ice itself, protrudes from the ice sheet halfway up, with both a turret and wall pierced with arrow slits. Above this, a hollow has been carved out of the ice, forming a great shelf upon which appears to sit some sort of village. A fissure marks the ice flow’s lower reaches and possibly provides entrance.

A hundred yards away from the base of the icefall is a camp occupied by a number of large brutes.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Krokod feels the cold and chuckles, "In some ways, this is not so dissimilar from home." Then he turns to behold the Veil of Frozen tears, and the icy fortification, "In other ways, it is VERY dissimilar"


Ryarg turns to Lefty and says, "You missed," with what could possibly be a crinkling of the eyes.

It must have been a trick on magic, howdver, as moments later, his nose and eyes take on ursine qualities. He then peers about, sniffing the air, looking for hidden sentries.
Perception: 1d20 + 28 ⇒ (4) + 28 = 32 low-light vision, dark vision 60, and scent


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

It seems we can't teleport into the place, proper. Can you all fly up there? I doubt these things have the torc.

Then again, they might know something about it.

Invis. 29 rds, PfE 5 rds, Endure (cold) 24 hrs, Resist (cold) 30 min.

Casting Overland Flight (16 hrs.)


"Those who need a lift up, raise their hands!"
Raulzig will cast Communal Phantom Steed to gain flying.


Ryarg looks to Bern and the others.

"He knows how to fly like that," he says, pointing at Lefty, "but I don't think he could ride something like that." (pointing at steed) "I suppose it can't hurt to try, though."

Bern ride check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 minus whatever penalties GM thinks appropriate.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

"I can fly, but not for very long. Still, I will wait to see how many steeds remain after others have picked." His yeti hide armor and childhood experiences combine to protect him from the worst of the cold.

He does have Wings of Fire to fall back on, he can fly for 17 minutes a day at 60'.Though I was hoping to reserve some of it in case of standard bottomless pits, that sort of thing


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

He can summon up to 6, so go ahead and grab one. Save your wings for later. We can fly way high over the giants and land at the opening, welcomed warmly by the kind-hearted inhabitants there.

Taking 10 on ride =17.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

Krokod mounts up, though he does look worried for the bear

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Spreading his wings majesticaly to stretch them, "If need be, I can carry Mr. Bern, 'least for a short while."


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Can you turn into a roc or something, Ryarg? If not, I can get him there with a dimension door.

I assume we're close enough. 1040 ft?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

You're actually probably a couple thousand feet away, though you could get close to within 1,000 if you wanted. That might draw attention from the camp in front of the Veil.

Spellcraft 21:

Whatever effect that kept you from teleporting into the Veil will likely also prevent dimension door from working.

Lefty, are you casting overland flight despite Raulzig's spell? Just wanted to double check on that.


The Communal spell duration is divided among targets, so I'd like to know how many steeds are needed. So far it looks like Krokod, St. Germaine, and both Ryarg and Bern will need one, so that's 5 total. Did I miss anyone?

Take 10 on Spellcraft = 32
"Since we couldn't teleport in, the dimension door is also likely to get countered", Raulzig points out to Lefty. He then summons several translucent horses, which seem to hover slightly above the ground. "They should last us a few hours, and they're fast.", he adds proudly.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Raulzig's spell would be better, since it's faster. If we can rewind a bit, Raulzig spoke first, so Lefty wouldn't cast the spell just yet.
@ Raulzig: I'll take a steed, too, so I can keep up. Overland flight is slow, and more for spying and tactics, if we ever get to that.

If the steed can carry Bern's weight, could we maybe just tie him on? If it can't, I assume he's smart enough to follow if I cast fly on him?

I hate to use my ring for that, but if it gets us where we're going, so be it. Beats burning up our magic going through that crowd.


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

"A flying bear. I think that one is new to me. I await to see how this works out," Krokod looks amused at their minor predicament.

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

I do not need a mount or any magic, I can naturally fly. I'm just waiting to see what we do.

I'm partially tempted to just walk into the camp and ask where we are and for directions, too. :)


In the middle distance there's a 'Ping', before a figure appears....And proceeds to fall face first into a mound of snow. Other than soft, muttered cursing though said figure -swaddled in capes, boots, hat and fur- does not immediately rise from their new 'Hiding place', but begins to watch...listen and learn.

Spoiler:
Hope I'm not intruding, just adding a post kind of thing. The DM can feel free to ignore this turn of events if they have another method of introducing replacement characters to replace those who 'Fall behind'. (^_~)

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (17) + 20 = 37 Will this barrier have any affect on us simple walking into the area?

RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2012 Top 16 , Marathon Voter 2013, Marathon Voter 2014

St. Germaine, you don't think so, though it could certainly be paired with some other effect that could prevent you simply walking in.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Lefty will activate his arcane sight ability. It won't do anything now, but it might help once we're close.

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

Same here.


Ryarg grumbles a bit, something about "dead weight", then, getting clear of everybody, he hunkers down and suddenly shifts, his arms growing into massive wings, legs into huge talons, and his face into a razor-sharp beak. Ryarg-roc then flaps his wings, does a few practice swoops before diving down to pick up Bern, who must be thinking hanging onto a steed would be preferable at this point.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

That's the best you've ever looked, Ryarg!
I wish I had other spells prepared, but as it is, I'm afraid they'll see us coming.

I'm guessing that's a bunch of giants on the ground we may have to fight later, if they catch up to us. If we can get into the village first, we'll be ahead of them, at least physically.

OTOH, we might be able to get some clues from them if we defeat them now. Just a guess, but I imagine lots of folks will know we're coming either way, and there must be some sort of defense ready. Let's fly high and come down from altitude, out of range of any missiles, at least until we're close.


Oops. Didn't catch it in time to edit. Ryarg can't turn into a Roc, as that's a gargantuan animal and he can only do huge, so he would have to do a dire bat, which is just large and isn't strong enough to carry a grizzly bear. Therefore, he's going to have to go with air elemental. Bern may need some healing after they arrive, unless Ryarg can carry him without injuring him.

Redoing description...

Ryarg hunkers down, once he's clear of everybody. Suddenly, he seems to spin on the spot, faster and faster, until he seems to vanish in the violent currents of air. Forming into a funnel 32 feet high, Air-Ryarg does a few experimental swoops before forming into an even greater whirlwind which swoops down and picks up the rather pathetic-looking bear, who's clearly thinking now that clinging to a phantom steed would be far preferable.


M Elf Rogue 3/Admixture Evoker 7/Arcane Trickster 10

Still the best you've ever looked! lol


Male Human (Varisian) Oracle (Flame) -3

"mmm..." The Kellid glances over, "I feel sorry for the bear."

Silver Crusade

HP: 51/51 - AC: 22, FF: 21, T: 11, CMD: 16 - F: +8, R: +2, W: +7 - 20ft Move / Init +5, Perc +2 (darkvision) LG Male Archon-Blooded Aasimar Warpriest 6 PFS 5,274-12, Bastard Sword: +7, 1d10+6, 19x2 (S)

I agree. I do not believe the barrier will hinder us, but I can not be sure until we are there.

51 to 100 of 406 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Motteditor's Witchwar Legacy All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.