Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Kingmaker Campaign - DM_Kudos

Game Master Kudos

Kingmaker Campaign


1 to 50 of 291 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Starting this thread off.

Will hold this in reserve for house rules.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

I dunno what you mean. Unless there's some exception for GMs, you won't be able to edit your OP.


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

There is no exception for GMs, unfortunately. There is, however, a Campaign Info tab, which can be edited, and is a pretty good place to put house rules.


Ah you are correct. I guess you can edit only for a short while after you post (I say so because I have done so in the past).

Anywho ... I'd like to "open the floor" to ideas about house rules.

One I would really like to see is the Team Captain.

For the purposes of moving things along, the Team Captain would be a person, nominated by the group (not me), who I can turn to for a final answer.

For example, if an argument has carried on for a couple days and the outcome of this decides the next course of action, I will turn to the Team Captain for the final answer. This doesn't have to be permanent and I would prefer that people rotate this out.

Another I would suggest is the Action Point Per Round

Personally I have never thought that combat moves fast enough so in some local games I have played I have given players an action point per encounter that can be used to re-roll a check (with the second result being permanent) or to take an additional action.

I have found that it works out well since it helps move things along nicely and doesn't break things terribly.

Anywho, I leave those two suggestions up to you guys. I'm never going to cram something down your throat so I'll wait and hear what you have to think.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3
DM_Kudos wrote:
Ah you are correct. I guess you can edit only for a short while after you post (I say so because I have done so in the past).

I believe one has about an hour and a half, or maybe two hours, to edit one's post before its contents are locked. I base this mainly off intuition and scattered observations.

Quote:

One I would really like to see is the Team Captain.

For the purposes of moving things along, the Team Captain would be a person, nominated by the group (not me), who I can turn to for a final answer.

For example, if an argument has carried on for a couple days and the outcome of this decides the next course of action, I will turn to the Team Captain for the final answer. This doesn't have to be permanent and I would prefer that people rotate this out.

Is this an IC or OOC position, and will it be chosen by an IC or OOC process, and in an IC or OOC venue?

Quote:

Another I would suggest is the Action Point Per Round

Personally I have never thought that combat moves fast enough so in some local games I have played I have given players an action point per encounter that can be used to re-roll a check (with the second result being permanent) or to take an additional action.

I have found that it works out well since it helps move things along nicely and doesn't break things terribly.

Hmm, it's a little different than the method I've usually seen, where action points are given out in dollops every level, and players spend from that pool when they see fit, but I suppose if this way works, then it works.


Male Half-dork 5 Nerd (universalist)

I'm fine with the action point per round idea, and I have the same questions as Anwel regarding the Team Captain idea.

Not really any new ideas to add for house rules.


Given that there will be 7 people participating in this I would like it to be a sort of IC thing. Just someone to make sure that things are moving along and be able to settle disputes (should any arise).


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

Okay, then. Since the main consideration is the shorten response time, activity ought to be the deciding factor in who this "team captain" ends up being. Should it not?


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3

Quick question ... Garth's riding animal from the Pioneer trait? Pony or riding dog? Since Anwel so excellently described his mount as a palomino, I'd be happy to have a riding dog that looks the same.


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3

Does anyone have a preference for how things appear bolded along with our name?

I've seen a few that get pretty complex. For example:

(HP 8/13 - AC 17/11T/16FF - SV F+3, R+1, W+5 Perception +6, Initiative +2)


Garth wrote:
Does anyone have a preference for how things appear bolded along with our name?

Tell me how you change that and I'll be happy with that! I'm still trying to figure that out...

And I would always love to see a riding dog. Its a funny thing in my head but anywho...


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3
DM_Kudos wrote:
Garth wrote:
Does anyone have a preference for how things appear bolded along with our name?

Tell me how you change that and I'll be happy with that! I'm still trying to figure that out...

And I would always love to see a riding dog. Its a funny thing in my head but anywho...

By editing the profile of the Alias you can add the initiative and perception modifiers into the Classes/Level field and everything else into the Gender field. Seems like this is the common info that a lot of other campaign threads have.

I'll definitely work up the stats for a Riding Dog later tonight via Hero Lab and I'll get him added to my profile. "A gnome, a goat and a dog walk into a bar ..." insert punchline here.


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3

While most male gnomes have embraced the linguistical tongue-twister of the most complex names as possible, in public Garth tends to go just the opposite. I introduce to you all the statblock for Dog the Riding Dog who is companion to Goat the Goat.

Spoiler:
DOG, RIDING CR 1
Male Dog, Riding
NN Medium Animal
Init +2; Senses Low-Light Vision, Scent; Perception +8
--------------------
DEFENSE
--------------------
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11. . (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
--------------------
OFFENSE
--------------------
Spd 40 ft.
Melee Bite (Dog, Riding) +3 (1d6+3/20/x2) and
. . Unarmed Strike +3 (1d3+2/20/x2)
--------------------
STATISTICS
--------------------
Str 15, Dex 15, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Feats Skill Focus: Perception
Tricks Attack [Trick], Combat Riding [Trick], Come [Trick], Defend [Trick], Down [Trick], Guard [Trick], Heel [Trick]
Skills Acrobatics +6, Perception +8 Modifiers +4 to Survival when tracking by Scent, Acrobatics (Jump) +8
Languages
SQ Combat Riding [Trick]

--------------------
TRACKED RESOURCES
--------------------
. . -none-
--------------------
SPECIAL ABILITIES
--------------------
+4 to Survival when tracking by Scent +4 to Survival when tracking by Scent.
Acrobatics (Jump) +8 (Ex) You gain the specified bonus to acrobatics checks made to jump.
Combat Riding [Trick] The animal has been trained to bear a rider into combat.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in low light, distinguishing color and detail.
Scent (Ex) Detect opponents within 15+ feet by sense of smell.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3
Garth the Gnome wrote:
Google Translate - English to Tamil. Thought it looked good for Elvish but oddly enough it doesn't translate back into English.

Google Translate accepts "நன்றி மற்றும் சந்திக்க ராட்டினம்" as a suitable Tamil translation for "thank you and merry meet". But online translators are weird that way.

On a similar theme, if you can write Quenya in roman script this site will transcribe it into Tengwar for you.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3
Bimbur Longstrike wrote:
Let's move on to Oleg's with the only stops being to greet the people waving in adulation to the new charter holders and to accept their gifts of gold!

Obvious parody of wishful thinking in one sense, and actual wishful thinking in another sense. No one believes we're actually going to be showered with gold (particularly after half a page of discussion on the subject). But I don't believe we would have started outside of Oleg's if we were not meant to encounter some NPC or solve some problem between where we are and our destination. If we were not, we could simply have started at Oleg's.

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but could we keep purely OOC comments in the Discussion thread, please?


HP 10/10; AC 17/10/17; Fort +2, Ref +0, Will +4; Init +0; Perception +2
Anwel Lossio wrote:
...But I don't believe we would have started outside of Oleg's if we were not meant to encounter some NPC or solve some problem between where we are and our destination. If we were not, we could simply have started at Oleg's.

This was my thinking as well.


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

Yup. Mine too. Although starting away from Oleg's gives us a good point to introduce our characters to each other, with no NPC interruptions.


Gentlemen-

I should give you warning that I'll be a little shaky on responses until this upcoming Monday. I'm on vacation in Chicago this week.

That being said I do have plans on movin this along but things might take me time (I'm writing this on my iPhone to be honest). I will be moving the party along to Olegs very soon.

As far as OOC comments go, a post with a simple OOC line at the end is ok but please refrain from a "heavy amount" of that. I'm assumin youre all smart guys so interpret that as you will.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3
Khargol Uzgurn wrote:
Still, though he doesn't care for Anwel's paranoia, he chooses to wait. The animosity is directed to Garth, first and foremost, and it would be rude to attempt to answer the question before he has had a chance to respond.

I wish to clear something up. Anwel bears no animosity towards Garth, and indeed would like to like him, though there is certainly paranoia at play in his actions. The counterspell serves a double function of getting Garth's attention and signalling that Anwel is also a spellcaster - something that has not been established until this point. If that is not clear from my IC post, please let me know post haste. As we all know, the time which I have left to edit it is limited.

EDIT: the time is now past. Oh well.


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3
Anwel Lossio wrote:
Khargol Uzgurn wrote:
Still, though he doesn't care for Anwel's paranoia, he chooses to wait. The animosity is directed to Garth, first and foremost, and it would be rude to attempt to answer the question before he has had a chance to respond.

I wish to clear something up. Anwel bears no animosity towards Garth, and indeed would like to like him, though there is certainly paranoia at play in his actions. The counterspell serves a double function of getting Garth's attention and signalling that Anwel is also a spellcaster - something that has not been established until this point. If that is not clear from my IC post, please let me know post haste. As we all know, the time which I have left to edit it is limited.

EDIT: the time is now past. Oh well.

No worries brother. I'm not going to start a P-on-P fight but Garth is a Golarion gnome, not one of the boring old school hiding-behind-the-halflings type.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7
Anwel Lossio wrote:
Khargol Uzgurn wrote:
Still, though he doesn't care for Anwel's paranoia, he chooses to wait. The animosity is directed to Garth, first and foremost, and it would be rude to attempt to answer the question before he has had a chance to respond.

I wish to clear something up. Anwel bears no animosity towards Garth, and indeed would like to like him, though there is certainly paranoia at play in his actions. The counterspell serves a double function of getting Garth's attention and signalling that Anwel is also a spellcaster - something that has not been established until this point. If that is not clear from my IC post, please let me know post haste. As we all know, the time which I have left to edit it is limited.

EDIT: the time is now past. Oh well.

I think the mistake here was primarily my own, Anwel. Animosity was probably a poor choice of words on my part when I typed the past. If I could, I would edit that, as well, to make it sound less harsh.

On a related note, forgive my absence from the discussions up to this point! Curiously enough, the board hasn't been notifying me of any new posts in the discussion thread as it normally does with gameplay and others, so I assumed there was simply no discussion happening, a mistake that I won't be making again. Again, my apologies to everyone!


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3
Khargol Uzgurn wrote:
I think the mistake here was primarily my own, Anwel. Animosity was probably a poor choice of words on my part when I typed the past. If I could, I would edit that, as well, to make it sound less harsh.

Well, there's no harm done, and folks who like the way pink clashes with black got a laugh. :)

Quote:
On a related note, forgive my absence from the discussions up to this point! Curiously enough, the board hasn't been notifying me of any new posts in the discussion thread as it normally does with gameplay and others, so I assumed there was simply no discussion happening, a mistake that I won't be making again. Again, my apologies to everyone!

That's...bizarre. Can you talk to a mod about it?


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

I'm wondering if maybe I had to come to the discussion board, period, for it to start registering new posts. I'll see if it works the next time someone else makes a new post on the discussion thread. If it doesn't, I'll notify a mod about it.


HP 10/10||AC 18/13/15||Init +4||Perc. +6||Ref +4||Fort +2||WIll +1 Human Fighter 1

Here's a post for you to test that out with then.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

Yeah, it worked. Thanks Richard!


HP 10/10||AC 18/13/15||Init +4||Perc. +6||Ref +4||Fort +2||WIll +1 Human Fighter 1

Here to serve.


My apologies to all for being out of touch for so long. I'm sitting in chicago airport now to head back home. I will be sure to get things moving very shortly.

It was a sticky wicket to have vacation right at the start of this campaign but it is over now.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

Eh, that's life sometimes. We'll get over our abandonment issues.

Also, O'Hare can be a pain, but at least it's not JFK, LAX, Dulles, or Miami.


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7
DM_Kudos wrote:

My apologies to all for being out of touch for so long. I'm sitting in chicago airport now to head back home. I will be sure to get things moving very shortly.

It was a sticky wicket to have vacation right at the start of this campaign but it is over now.

Life happens, and airports can be a pain in the ass. good to have you back, though.


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3
DM_Kudos wrote:

My apologies to all for being out of touch for so long. I'm sitting in chicago airport now to head back home. I will be sure to get things moving very shortly.

It was a sticky wicket to have vacation right at the start of this campaign but it is over now.

No worries at all. I was in a tabletop Pathfinder / soccer / hockey haze all weekend. Looking forward to getting into the thick of it.


Since I just posted my first "move things along" post, I want to know how much you want me to proceed things. For example, the latest one is very open ended and I didn't move the group all that far into the fortress but if that isn't fast paced enough, I can proceed further.

Let me know what ya think.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

Open ended's good, it fits with feel the campaign's supposed to have. Your map, however, is badly stretched for some reason. Here's one that's not, and that includes us.


Yeah I dont know how that happened. I noticed it after I posted.

Normally I know they copy out just fine and I have no issues.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

Just to clarify from my last post in the gameplay thread: Khargol is nodding in greeting to Oleg's wife after he is finished with his greeting to Oleg. He isn't nodding at her while simultaneously giving Oleg the wrist-shake. Apologies if I didn't make that clear.


Dwarf HP 11/11; AC 16/15ff/16t; Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +7 Init +1; Per+9/11stone

I apologize for my post length -- traveling on business and have been swamped. Will pick up shortly.


Been there, done that. Have fun on the business trip


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

Kudos, and I guess anyone else who wants to write long portions of dialogue:

The Paizo boards don't continue bbcode past a hit of the return key. That is, if you are writing a lot of dialogue and want to create a new paragraph, end the bold bbcode at the end of the previous paragraph and start again.


I noticed that while trying to write my last post.

That is rather annoying


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

You can stretch it a bit with the bold. It'll keep active between one paragraph and the next, but no further.

Example:

Example End.

Also, I'll post later tonight with a response. I'm a tad busy right now.


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

Question. I dunno, maybe this was posted somewhere and it's just slipping my mind...but Kudos, are you using the conversion for large parties?


What conversion are you talking about?


Male Elf Shadowcaster 3

Well, the one that spurred me to ask was the one stickied in the section of the AP boards dedicated to the Kingmaker AP. But I suppose the broader question is whether we'll be facing encounters balanced against a six/seven person party.


Specifically to your question, I will not be running exactly what the AP has written when it comes to encounters. I do intend on changing around encounters so that it is a challenge for this larger party (most likely an extra guy here or there).

Also, depending on how combat goes, I might want to change some monster tactics. Like go more for range than melee type fights or vise versa ... it just depends on how we play.


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3

Garth is all for bringing on morning and the bandits! Put me and Dog somewhere near the front gate but out of the way to begin with. Goat will be tucked away someplace to keep her out of trouble.


In an effort to keep the game post as pure as possible, please let me know where you would like to be standing come morning.

You will need to look at this map to understand.

Once all have responded, the story shall continue.


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3

I'm okay with where Garth is placed as long as I won't take too much of a range penalty by being up on the barricade when casting spells down at the ground.


I don't foresee any issue with you being up there. As long as your spells reach, you're fine.


Male Half-Orc Inquisitor 1; HP 9/9; AC 16/12/14; F+4/R+2/W+5; Init +2; Per +7

Khargol will move three squares left and one square down, keeping himself as close against the wall of the fort as possible so as not to be seen by the bandits when they come in.


HP 8/8; AC 13/13/11; Fort +2, Ref +2, Will +2 Init +2; Percep +3
Khargol Uzgurn wrote:
Khargol will move three squares left and one square down, keeping himself as close against the wall of the fort as possible so as not to be seen by the bandits when they come in.

Is it wrong that I look at Khargol's picture and in my head imagine him saying "Ugh Khargol move three square left one down." Damn you gnomish racism!


17/17HP; AC17/13/14; Fort +4 Ref +6 Will +0; Init+3; Perception +7

Udoeak will move to T19. He will also request a signal from Richard to tell him when they're within about 300 feet.

For Extract preparation for the day, Udoeak will prepare an extract of Shield instead of Enlarge Person.

1 to 50 of 291 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Kingmaker Campaign - DM_Kudos Discussion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.