Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


Jaye's Carrion Crown (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Sonia

The Carrion Crown Adventure Path... with a twist.


1,951 to 2,000 of 4,956 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Heeding Alexa's warning, Valen approaches the old manor house and gently tries to open the front door and get a look inside.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Random thought I may regret - does anyone have any trap detecting/disabling skills?


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Lol - I think the rogue took off with some of Kendra's stuff and if he reappears Tharnik will likely tear him limb from limb.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Alexa has it right. We will just have to endure the traps.

Creel looks at the warden's house.

"Well the main floor should hold. no reason for it to fall if it has not already. Different story if we go up."

Creel removes some rope from his pack. He loops it around his waist and ties it securely.

"Here, catch" He tosses the grapnel and the majority of the rope to Alexa. [b]"I'll go first. If the floor holds me in this tin suit it will hold for all of us.

Creel walks confidently in the main doors.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa takes the rope and watches carefully to see whether anything looks like it is moving in a manner that might cause the structure to fall.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline hold the bow ready and indicates Smith should 'gear up'. To which her manservant draws the large, two handed hammer from across his back.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Just kind of waiting to see if RGM as anything to add before I walk in. ;-)

Cheliax

Valen:
You look around and almost immediately agree with Alexa. This place does not look structurally sound, but it's stood for years like this. Provided Creel doesn't do too much in....

Creel strides into the old home with a paladin's bravado, his faith and experience his mantle. He disappears into the shadow of the house.

Creel:
The old house is, to say the least, leaning. The old beams overhead sag, dangerously in some places, holding up ancient brick walls and molded plaster - a ceiling that once held an intricate design, now faded, eaten my patches of green and gray mold. The floors are soft, giving softly with each step, yielding to mailed boots.

The house is silent - deadly so. Here and there you make out, in the shadowy light filtering in through the endless cracks in the walls and ceiling, movement. Small skittering things, darting to and fro in the darkness, stir up small bits of damp debris.

About a minute or so into the room, your eyes finally adjust and you can make out you're in what used to be a parlor. A long, mildewed couch - faded from purple to gray - leans on the north wall. A broken table stands close to it. Both rest on an ancient, soggy carpet that guards soft, old wooden floors. A broken rack of some sort - with bits of long, worn cloth, stands close to the door you just walked in through. There is another door along the north wall that leads off into the darkness.

RGM NOTE:
1d100 ⇒ 31

Cheliax

Alexa Grunwald wrote:


** spoiler omitted **

Noted.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline and Smith watch, one nervously the other in-passionately.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I continue to watch carefully and listen for any calls from Creel. (Perception 17 rolled above unless you want another one.)


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen starts to say, "The house looks worse in-," when Creel strides right into the house."-side. Oh bother..." He shrugs.

He watches the soldier stride inside, keeping an eye on him as best as possible. For security, he places one hand on the rope - ready to give it a pull in case. "Master Creel, do you require further assistance in there?

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Cheliax

Waiting on Creel.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Creel walks a small circut of the room. He bounces his weight a bit, testing the floors. First by the rack, then the north door, past the sofa and back out the way he came in.

Assuming the floor holds.

"Seems solid enough. Old and wet though, I think I saw some rats. Pretty dark inside. Let me get this torch lit."

Creel removes a torch from his pack and lights it. before untying and recoiling the rope.

"Thanks Alexa" Creel smiles.

"Right. All in?"


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Releasing a deep breath of relief as Creel emerges from the ruined home, Alexa is rather surprised when Creel immediately proposes reentering the building.

I don't think this is where the evil originates. If there is evil here, I assume you would be able to detect it as a faithful of Iomedae. I cannot sense anything of an unnatural sort here either. In the other buildings, the presences are almost overwhelming, but here I sense nothing. I think that at least one of us should remain without until we affirm that we are all not going to become entrapped within. I trust your judgment Creel, but just don't know if it is safe for all of us to go in there together.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

"Perhaps one of us should check the other door, but I tend to agree with Miss Alexa's statement," he points towards the door he just opened. "This thing almost came off the hinges, and I daresay I am wary of what the condition of the rest of the place is."

He shrugs a bit with his hands open as to indicate his ambivalence.

Cheliax

So, are you going back in or not?


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline puts away the bow and draws her sword, before slowly and carefully proceeding to follow Master Creel and the others into the house to check things out.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Alexa shrugs and shakes her head considering this a poor decision, but follows the others in.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen gives Alexa a puzzled shrug in return, and follows the others into the house.

Cheliax

In the House:
The old house is, to say the least, leaning. The old beams overhead sag, dangerously in some places, holding up ancient brick walls and molded plaster - a ceiling that once held an intricate design, now faded, eaten my patches of green and gray mold. The floors are soft, giving softly with each step, yielding to mailed boots.

The house is silent - deadly so. Here and there you make out, in the shadowy light filtering in through the endless cracks in the walls and ceiling, movement. Small skittering things, darting to and fro in the darkness, stir up small bits of damp debris.

About a minute or so into the room, your eyes finally adjust and you can make out you're in what used to be a parlor. A long, mildewed couch - faded from purple to gray - leans on the north wall. A broken table stands close to it. Both rest on an ancient, soggy carpet that guards soft, old wooden floors. A broken rack of some sort - with bits of long, worn cloth, stands close to the door you just walked in through. There is another door along the north wall that leads off into the darkness.

Creel can be seen standing in the doorway, his back to you, peering into the darkness of the next room. He's very still.

RGM2:
Second minute adventurers are in the house. 1d100 ⇒ 56


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Seeing Creel unmoving, I activate my Spirit Sense and begin to scan for anything undead or incorporeal. (Or anything else I can detect which I figure I am unlikely to detect at level 2.)

Cheliax

Alexa:
Nothing radiates. He is just standing there, though.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline pauses and looks at the mold, mildew and rot about her in obvious distaste. She puts her skills to some use and notes the sagging beams and walls,

Knowledge Engineering:1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22 (To form an opinion on at least where is best to stand so as not to bring anything down upon people's heads)

Smith simple stands behind his Mistress, covering her and watching for ANYTHING which might be hostile.

Smith Perception:1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I still do not sense anything in here and really do not think that this is where the evil originates. I also believe that at least one of us should remain without in case this place collapses so that we can get help.

With that, Alexa carefully moves back toward the doorway waiting for Creel to say why he is standing still, and prepared to flee out the door if necessary.

Prepared Action: Run - if there is any sign of the building beginning to collapse.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Valen nods at Alexa's suggestion, standing aside so that she may pass and giving a shrug. Although he feels unease at the state of the house - worried they'll be injured in the rubble. Still - he stands by to assist Creel in his invesigation of the next room. "Do you see anything, Master Creel, or need more light?"


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"Too many cooks spoil the broth, as they say," Vaghn mutters to himself. He remains without with Kendra and Tharnik, watching for unwelcome visitors and ready to lend a hand should the worst happen.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Hmmmm wonder why I am so still. Torch revealing anything?

"Not much in here, though I didn't really search. Best to press on?"

If he can Creel moves into the next room. Moving slowly so if the floor is going to give he might have warning.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

That's what I'm wondering too; inquiring minds want to know. Maybe you spotted a medusa and that's why you're still as a stone. ;-)


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

Hmmm, for some reason I am guessing that if there is a medusa here, we are in deep doo doo.

Cheliax

Oh, Creel wasn't moving because he hadn't responded and I thought, well, why not add some suspense... seems to have worked. ;)

Creel:
As you look through the next door, you see a short hallway, roughly twenty feet in length, with several doors along its left and right sides. Another door exits into a room, cloaked in darkness, on the other end of the hallway. You quickly take note and count two doors on the right and three on the left. Cobwebs clog the hall.

As for the torch, it reveals a lot... but nothing that really stands out. You do see some old paintings of the warden, as well as his beloved wife hanging on the walls of the living room. But even these are faded and mildewed.

Madeline:
Your expert engineering experience tells you, almost immediately, that the main beams supporting this building are under far too much stress. They appear to be holding it now, but any serious violence or motion could bring the whole place down atop explorers.

Smith, for his part, isn't aware of anything about.


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline moves closer to a wall.

"Every one? This place is unsound. Try and be careful and not too excitable? I think, perhaps, we should back out and perhaps simply poke this place from the outside until it falls down.." She adds, though not raising her voice too loudly for fear of said structure not taking even that violence too well.

Smith simply moves to follow his Mistress.

Yah, big, not too bright Eidolon with a honking big hammer. What could possibly go wrong. :P


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

At Madeline's observations, Valen's unease grows. Gripping his mace nervously, his voice is a little small.
"Excuse me for being contrary, but that's three of us who are un-certain about this place. Perhaps...perhaps it would be best if we leave this house and head for the main building."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline frowns, "Leave and simply knock it down..." She mutters.


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

I do not know if that is wise. While I cannot detect any malevolent spirits here, that does not mean that this place is not being watched. It was the home of the warden and his wife, yet is one of the few parts of this prison that does not radiate from being inhabited by spirits. Although it is in terrible shape, the pictures still hang and the building still stands even after all these years. I say we back out and look in through the windows. Unless we must, I would prefer to not destroy it.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Just checking in; and voting for leaving the house if there's any decision to be made. ;-)

Cheliax

Hmm... I think everyone is waiting on RGM to let us know if the house collapses on Creel, but he is busy having way too much fun at Gen Con.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Whoops - my bad for forgetting that.


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

"Well I am willing to risk it. There might be something in here worth knowing. How about the rest of you move outside and I will take a look around? No reason for us all to be crushed."

GM. First left hand door please.


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4

Suddenly picturing Creel pulling a Wile E. Coyote with his halberd.


Polite Bump


Half-Elf Male Cleric (Pharasma) 5 - HP: 34/34; AC17, T10, FF17; F+5,R+1,W+8; Per +9; Init +4
, wrote:
Polite Bump

Come join us in the OOC thread, where we are taking bets on the structural integrity of the roof vs. Creel's curiosity/bravado. ;-)

Cheliax

Creel:
You open the first door on the left, revealing another room cloaked in darkness and spider webs. As you swing your light to and fro, taking in the room, you make out an old stove and some filth-choked counters. The webbing is especially thick in here.

1d100 ⇒ 76


Female Human (Varisian(Ustalav)) Druid(Menhir Savant)/4 - Monk/1 HP: 33/36; AC16, T15, FF15; F+7,R+5,W+11; Per +13; Init +3

You might want to PM Creel - this last post did not show up on my Campaign list.

Cheliax

noted


stats:
Hp 36/36 AC&ffac 15, +2 shield +2 cbt ex. Tou ac 10+2 cbt ex. 17cmd F+7 R+4 W+6
Human. Mixed heritage. Mutt from a port city. Warrior of the Holy Light 3AD

Aloud. "Looks like the kitchen in here." Creel pauses. "There is a pair of portraits in the front room. Looks like the warden and his wife. We should see if they can be saved. Might be a nice thing for the town to have. I'll keep looking."

Creel opens the first right hand door and looks in.

Cheliax

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was sort of flying around the world. ;)

Creel:
You open the door on the right, you spy what immediately appears to be a pantry. It, too, is choked with cobwebs and the old tins of food stored here have long since spoiled. It's large for a pantry.


Male Varisian (Ustalavic) Archivist 5; hp 33/33; AC 16; TAC 12; FF 14; F +2; R +6; W +3; Perc +5; Init +2

"I think we are simply wasting our time here; the Way were obviously focused on the main building of the prison, and so should we be."


HP: 28 / 28, Init:+3, Perc:+7,AC:16,Fort:+3,Ref:+4,Will:+3

Madeline nods at Vaghn's words,

"Indeed, but it is always best to leave no stone unturned behind one's back..." She points out.

"Do you see anything of interest...or threat...Master Creel?" She calls after her more adventurous companion.

Cheliax

Creel continues to search, obviously intent on finding some clue or piece of information, inside the building. Here and there, your group hears it creak and moan, the building shifting and settling further as he continues to delve deeper into its mysteries....

Cheliax

Creel:
I'm skipping over this because, well, it's holding the group up and you've been absent for a bit. I hope all is well sir. Lucky for you, the house doesn't fall directly onto you!

In an unprecedented turn of luck, Creel lurks about in the dark of the house for several minutes and, with the exception of a few minor relics from the warden's past, returns to your group empty-handed. When asked about his exploration he shrugs his shoulders and says, "Wasn't much in there. Just a lot of spider webs and decay. Oh, and this." Creel produces an old picture, framed in tarnished silver, of the warden and his wife.

As if to accent his find, the house once again groans and, as if settling in for its final rest, promptly collapses into a heap of old rubble and decayed timber.

In the distance, a wolf cries out as the sun starts its lazy descent into the west.

1,951 to 2,000 of 4,956 << first < prev | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Carrion Crown All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.