Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket (Inactive)

Game Master voodoo chili

In 4121 AR, the desert dwarves of the Barrier Wall Mountains sealed the famed Tar-Urkatha mine abruptly, saying only that one of the richest platinum mines in history had played out. Nearly six centuries later, the truth rises from the darkness.


1,101 to 1,150 of 4,080 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Fort: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 Uh uh, Daeron is going to catch something..


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

I hope I don't have to put a rabid elf down....;)

As Tararr gives some more dwarven care to Daeron, he thinks he may have figured out what the problem is. Again attempting to fix the issue he tends to the injured wizard. "I'm used to woking with more muscle than this." he grouches.

Heal 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Dwarf Cleric 2

What are you actually trying to do with that heal check? I have heal trained, but without healing kits, stabilize is about all I can do, and the spell works fine for that.


Shirish Fortitude Save Vs. DC 13 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Shirish sneezes loudly at the gas rising up from her foe, almost chuffing like an animal, but shakes off any ill effect of its death.


If Tararr was attempting to help with the disease, Daeron gets a +4 on his next save.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

I was looking to assist in anyway possible. So yes, my poking and prodding is a form of letting blood not fat fingered field medic work, hahaha. looking out for you Daeron. ;)


Dwarf Cleric 2

Ahh, didn't consider that it was poison. :) If anybody is still affected:
Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Well let's hope the stubby dwarven fingers washed hands before he started poking and proding. :p. Anyway here's another fort roll with a +6 for the dwarven first aid given. And don't forget about the other unconscious elf courtesy of a deathly embrace.

Fort: 1d20 + 1 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 1 + 4 + 2 = 23


Daeron's self-inflicted wounds along with Tararr's 'assistance' manage to clear the elf's blood and the rage passes. Leaving everyone to ponder the other unconscious elf and their next move.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

Ach, what madness has befallen me? This gore and muck..and untimely coincidence that I have not prepared my usual spells of cleaning and must wallow in this filth until we return to the surface.

His bewildered gaze falls upon the unconscious Chitleen.

My kin did not fare too well either it seems. He does not look too badly hurt from a cursory inspection. Some grace from your holy patron Ragathiel may revive him to wakefulness, Surak and ease some of my wounds as well.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen continues to be unconscious... he snores quietly.


Shirish glances at Daeron. "Carrying was good enough for the priest," she suggests furtively. "Though I am not certain how we will continue through to an exit large enough for us both..."


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"We need to set up camp here. We are in no shape ta contiue on like this. The elves 'ave gotten pretty beat up an' Surak canna do a thing for them, but keep 'em comfortable for now."


Surak still out there? taking a rest or moving on?


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

I'd think Chitleen would be able to heal himself up once he's conscious. I wouldn't want to rest here with all these coffers strapped shut for restraint.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Aye - if Surak can take care of me to wakefulness, I've two CLW extracts I can use.


OK, seems like a good time for Surak to channel- so be it 1d6 ⇒ 6
he's got one channel left.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"Alright, ifin' y'er afraid of what's in there, then let's get to moving along."


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Rousing groggily before you, Chitleen puts his hand to his neck and grimaces when it comes away wet and red with his own blood. Nodding thanks to Surak, he moves his hands to his satchel and removes a small crystal vial that he applies a smear of liquid to temple and cheek. Looking much improved he then stands and casts a raised eyebrow at the dagger shaped hole in Daeron's leg that appears to have been self inflicted "It would seem I missed some interesting activity?" also retrieving his sword from where it fell.

CLW Extract: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 - up to 13/15 HP


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"How many times am I gonna need ta tell ya to stand behin' me,elf!?! I thought ye were a goner that time." And with that the dwarf continues on his tirade of how elves need to stick to their bows and flaky magic all the while trying to hide his obvious concern for the less stout folks.


With Chitleen restored to consciousness, Tararr moves to the door. The smell of incense grows as you approach the door. At first try, Tararr finds that it is unlocked. However, a moment later, there is a click as the door is unlatched.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

"Stand aside...", he whispers,"..likely more ambushers."
Pumping himself up and drawing throwing hammer from his belt, the rager throws open the door with an earth shattering roar letting the hammer fly at the first moving thing he sees.

Rage 4/10 Hammer throw (If possible.) 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 DMG 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

You would have missed some embarrassing activity, my kin. I would have thought to bath my new pointed implement of battle in the blood of my enemies, but alas I had to wipe elven blood off as it plunged deep within my thigh, courtesy of foul magicks.

Daeron picks off the remaining crusts of clotted blood and watches as positive energy knits back his wounds partially. Being in a much better position, Daeron rips a fold of his own clothing, fashioning a tight bandage as he hobbles back up.

The crash of the door opening signals the use of a dwarven stealth as Tarrar barges into the next room.

Bow in hand, Daeron follows not far behind.


The door slams open sending clouds of gray incense smoke swirling about. Through the haze, you can make out that the room looks to be a bedroom and study. There is a bed in the corner and a table near it holds a lit lantern. Once fine rugs and tapestries provide some warmth to the room. Shelves along the walls holds books and various curios, but you see no occupant.

perception DC 35:
A ghostly dagger slips past you through the door as you enter the room.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Tararr pulls up short, letting his rage settle. "Damned magician! Should have known."

Perception1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

About as close as I can get, lol.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Putting a hand of solidarity on Daeron's shoulder Chitleen jests "Your leg looks finer then I wager my throat does brother." before moving after the subtle and delicate dwarven berserk.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32 Extra +1 for sight based... so missed by 2

Nose twitching at the scent Chitleen's face darkens with concern...

Is it the scent of yamuun?


Chitleen Shudra wrote:
Is it the scent of yamuun?

That it is. ooh, very close to an impossible DC.

Chitleen feels an odd sensation as if his soul were stirred by a unearthly breeze though he sees nothing in the haze.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

...and he hisses "The scent of yamuun... likely he has fled to the spirit realm."


Have we lost another dwarven priest? Sheesh, maybe I'll dump Shirish to make a battle cleric of Gorum

Shirish rolls her eyes when Tararr mewls upon entering the chamber. Surely discretion would have been the better part of valor when traveling further into the complex with no advanced knowledge of its denizens, but then... he did not seem to encompass huge mental reserves, or patience. So few of her brothers and sisters raged so, and were often immediately sold to the gladiator pits, lacking the temperament required for strict training in defense.

At Chitleen's word, Shirish lowers her sword slightly. The spell caster was not abed, "How long might he be away?" she wonders. She does not want to camp in this place, knowing only one, extremely narrow and difficult to navigate exit.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Surak should be back soon enough - he mentioned a trip OOC

Chitleen shakes his head "I do not know Shirish... but I would not yet lower our guard." With that Chitleen moves into the room and begins to look over the notes and equipment, seeking both enlightenment... and wealth...
Perception: take 10 for 23


I forgot- Surak back tomorrow.

Chitleen quickly finds a stub of burned yamuun incense on the table near the bed and a small jeweled box with two sticks left. There is also a golden brooch left lying on the bed. He turns to look over the texts when there is the crash of a sarcophagus lid being thrown open in the next chamber!

Initiative rolls:

Chitleen 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Tarrar 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Daeron 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Surak 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Shirish 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Return of the Livid Dead1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Round 1
Daeron
Tararr
Chitleen
Livid Dead
Shirsh
Surak


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 1: 13/15 HP, AC 16

Chitleen sweeps the jeweled box and brooch into his satchel as he turns to face the way they have come. His gaze settles lightly unto Tararr... awaiting his inevitable charge forwards into the fray.


Dwarf Cleric 2

I was out of channels and spells except my domain bless spell. But probably too late to retcon that. I'm back.


Surak- Ah, I missed the triple channel first thing this morning. well, Chitleen would have come around sooner or later. I'm surprised there's no heal check to restore consciousness.


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Voodoo - if you like I can burn up the other CLW extract to fluff out the HP restore?


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

RD1 AC 16 , Rage 5/10, HP22/22

"So much for not handling the problem earlier, eh orc?", he says with a raised eyebrow. Drawing his Urgrosh from his back me moves to the door."Quickly, we can hold them to one at a time if stand shouder to shoulder.

Move to doorway, Raging, and attack nearest deadite.

Urgrosh 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 DMG 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

Are Tararr and Shirish able to block the doorway yet still get their licks in? How far from the door am I?


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

I was sure I secured the coffers well and tight.

Daeron considers the use of of his arcane spells, giving the noisy dwarf barbarian a size boost but thinks against it, considering the waste if the warrior needed to use the door swiftly.

Gently Daeron pulls out his familar, Ghema, who stretches his wing after a long nap.

Fly, and keep a look out for any hidden foes at my back! Daeron commands.

Then, bow drawn and ready, Daeron awaits his first sighting of the undead.

Move - retrieve familiar, Free - drop familiar, Standard - Ready vs Enemy.

attack with bow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Ghema flitters above as Daeron draws his bow in preparation and Chitleen fills his satchel. Tararr charges to the door ready to deal with more rage zombies. In a moment the hemorrhaging corpse lurches into the room.

Daeron's shot goes high as Tararr moves into the line of fire, bu tthe dwarf lands a solid blow. The quickened corpse retaliates with a twisted claw that clubs the dwarf. Tararr- gave you the charge bonus to hit, and you take 6 hp bludge, DC 13 fort save or confused 1 round.

Round 1 cont.
Chitleen-x
Daeron-x
Tararr-x
Livid Dead-x
Shirsh
Surak

map.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

AC15, HP21/26, Rage 5/10 Fort 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9

Crap.1d100 ⇒ 24Yes!

The heavy blow of the undead fiend nearly knocks him senseless, but the thick skin and dense muscle of the dwarf carry him through. The attack fuels the warrior's battle fury driving to greater heights.

Full Attack,Reckless Abandon +1hit/-1AC

Urgrosh 1 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 DMG 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Urgrosh 2 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 DMG 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Shirish moves to M7 and attacks the undead fiend!

Shirish Longsword attack w/FA 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 if she hits, she will deal 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9 damage.

and now begins the 5 foot to the flank train...


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Round 2: 13/15 HP, AC 16

Not yet trusting his aim in such confined spaces with his acidic brew, Chitleen unlimbers his shortbow and takes a shot...

Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 7

...proceeding to shoot the roof.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak shouts a prayer of blessing, and a faint light passes from his hand to each of his allies. He readies his weapon to attack.

Bless: +1 attack, +1 save vs. fear for 2 minutes
If I were to move to M9 next round, can I hit the creature from there? If so, I ready my bastard sword. Otherwise, I grab a javelin. Either way, I stay where I am this round.


ok now, it's getting a bit crowded at the doorway. -2 penalty to those attacking from the sides of the door. -4 soft cover for ranged.

Shirish moves up beside the maddened dwarf who nearly backhands here in his fury and spoils her strike. Surak calls upon the blessings of Ragathiel and readies a weapon. Chitleen cannot get a clean shot and holds his arrow as Tararr literally foams at the mouth as lays into the corpse destroying it and splattering diseased gore everywhere.
Another DC 13 fort save for Tararr (@ -2 for 2nd exposure) and Shirish (+2 for cover) or rage and confused each round up to 4 rounds.


Dwarf Cleric 2

Surak attempts to help scrape the gore off Tararr while avoiding it himself.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5

Chitleen takes a few paces back and watches the gore spattered pair with a quizzical eye... this having been the first time he has seen one of the corpses literally explode.


Male Elf Wizard 3 (Transmuter-Enhancement) / AC13->17(mage armor) / HP23->full

I believe it would be prudent to take a step back and see what foul effects has the undead filth upon our comrades. Sometimes it just needs a small prod to propel someone already living on the edge.

Daeron eyes Tarrar warily, cautiously moving behind the bed and continues to observe.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Fort-2 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Uhhhoh... 1d100 ⇒ 5 If a high Fort character is going to be missing saves, at least the dicebot is kind enough to nullify the effects,hahah.

Shaking the blood and guts from his face,Tararr lets loose a great, booming laugh. As the fury slips from his body his muscle relax slightly and his face untwist. "That is what I call a good time! See how much safer you are when ya me handle these things,Chitleen?"

End rage 6/10, 2 Rds fatigued HP 17/22,AC 17


Male Elf Alchemist (Crypt Breaker) 5
Hungry Voodoo wrote:
Another DC 13 fort save for Tararr (@ -2 for 2nd exposure) and Shirish (+2 for cover) or rage and confused each round up to 4 rounds.

You ain't out of the woods yet Tararr... still a potential for three more confused rounds to go...

Chitleen smiles meekly as he puts a hand unconsciously to his neck wound.


Male Dwarf 5 Bar Invulnerable Rager :AC 17/15raging, hp 62 (5d12+10) Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +2; DR 2/4non

Crap, lol. WATCH OUT!

Though he calms himself for a moment, the desire to continue on his warpath seems stick with the slayer. Calling on his years of training the dwarf again attempts to calm his bloodlust, though it seems even harder than ever. Thrashing widely about with no enemy to attack, the rage grips Tararr causing him to slam the spiked end of his axe into himself.

Fort -2(add plus two to result if Surak's aid was enough.1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Wow... 1d100 ⇒ 63

1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Suck,hahaha. Thank goodness for DR.This is going to get ugly. 6 damage.


Tararr- it's a +4 bonus to your save with Surak's successful Heal check each time. Not that that helps when you are rolling a 2. : )

As Tararr struggles with the rage poison, you all hear the worrying sound of another Sarcophagus lid crashing open.

1,101 to 1,150 of 4,080 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Hungry Voodoo's Mines of Zolurket All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.