Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Pox's "The Mummy's Mask"

Game Master WerePox47

In the city of Wati, the church of Pharasma holds a lottery allowing explorers to delve the tombs of the city's vast necropolis in search of the nation's lost glories.


1 to 50 of 8,222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Outside

For the DOts!


.


Lawyer 8/MBA 7/RPGist 5

..


Hadjii stats (at 123+11 temp of 123); STONESKIN all day:
human WolfShaman14: AC18(T15/FF14) | CMD25 | Fort+15/Ref+11/Will+24 Init+8 | Perception+28

...


Male Suli Aberrant Bloodrager 3; 31/31 (40/40) HP, AC 18 T11 FF17 (16 T9 FF15), CMD 18 (20), Fort +5 (+8), Ref +2, Will +3 (+5), Perc +6, Init +1, Rage 1/10, Elemental Aaasult 0/1, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Resist 7: acid, cold, electricity, fire

....


Male Ifrit Slayer 14(Perception +31, Stealth +25 Disable Device +40 Init +16, HP 189/189, AC 23, CMD 38, Fort+16, Ref +22, Will +12)

dot


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Outside

"Pharasma’s Needle stands proud in Wati’s necropolis, greeting mourners as they come to entomb their loved ones in the famous burial site. Seventeen hundred years ago, while the Pharasmin priest Nefru Shepses began the process of rebuilding the city, along with sealing away the dead part of the city from the living and consecrating the necropolis, a stone from the heavens streaked through the sky, plunging into the cool waters of the River Sphinx. Nefru Shepses decreed the celestial event was an omen of favor from the Lady of Graves, and he ordered workers to retrieve the stone from the riverbed. Stonecutters sculpted the meteorite into a capstone for an obelisk to be set in the city’s new necropolis as a symbol of Pharasma’s blessing for the city of Wati."

Welcome to The Mummy's Mask! I will be your guide through many an old, dusty tomb in search of riches lost! Except thats not all you'll find for here there be Mummies! At some point anyways..

For some reason or another you all have made your way to the city of Wati.. Regardless of your reasons you all have heard the news the that cities necropolis will be opened for exploration for the first time in thousands of years. With this knowledge you all sought each other out and formed to adventuring group "The Obsidian Eye", so that you could enter the lottery and claim your glory!

With the city packed there was but one place to stay so you guys set up shop at The Tooth and Hooka, a modest inn and hookah bar which is best known for its mascot, Toothy—a tiny crocodile that lives in the inn’s well. It's also the chosen lodging of many other adventuring groups, most of which you haven't had the chance to meet yet.. Everyones just been to excited with the big day coming tommorrow.

Tooth and Hooka expenses:

1sp per night per person for standard rooms.
3gp per night per person to stay in one of 4 more luxrious suites.

All room fees cover food and water.. Drinking and Smoking of the Bong/Hooka will be additional..

That night it's hard to rest with such an exciting day coming.. The day most of you will put your training and knowledge to the test..


Male Ifrit Slayer 14(Perception +31, Stealth +25 Disable Device +40 Init +16, HP 189/189, AC 23, CMD 38, Fort+16, Ref +22, Will +12)

Hemket will spend the evening in the bar, hopefully finding some Taldan wine to drink. He developed a taste for it in his patron's house.


Outside

"Next Day"

With the necropolis opened by royal decree, the priests of the local temple of Pharasma, the Grand Mausoleum, have been tasked with assigning
sites ready for exploration to adventuring companies in a lottery and are set up in The Sunburst Market between the Grand Mausoleum and Abadar’s Sanctum of Silver and Gold. Having already registered your group makes their way early.. On your way..

You See:

The bustling desert city of Wati is near bursting with excitement. Adventurers from every corner of the Inner Sea region have assembled here beneath the hot Osirian sun to explore the tombs of the city’s necropolis, waiting only to be assigned their first sites for exploration. Surrounding the participants, the public has gathered to observe the ceremony as well. There is a festival-like quality in the air, and numerous street vendors are hawking goods and refreshments to participants and spectators alike. Some merchants have even brought what can only be considered adventuring gear to sell as last minute convenience items to explorers, while others advertise that they’ll buy recovered treasures and antiquities from those who visit their establishments. In front of the imposing edifice of the Grand Mausoleum, an immense awning has been erected between decorated pillars in the market to provide shade for the priests of Pharasma overseeing the lottery. Beneath the awning, two urns sit atop a table elevated a few feet above the ground on a wooden stage constructed for the event. The high priestess of the Grand Mausoleum, Sebti the Crocodile, sits behind the table, while two acolytes confer with her at either side.

The ceremony begins when the high priestess of the Grand Mausoleum, Sebti the Crocodile, rises to her feet and looks over the crowd. Sebti seems surprisingly young to hold such a distinguished position, but she has a confident air of authority. After calling for silence, she begins with an invocation to the Lady of Graves, followed by a brief history of the founding of the necropolis.

She then stands and says "Let the Lotttery Begin! Although many of you have requested specific sites to explore, we must leave these matters to fate. The Lady of Graves is a far better judge of destiny than we of this mortal sphere. The gates of the necropolis will
open at sunrise tomorrow. Use this evening to prepare yourselves for the task ahead. Let these rules guide you in your endeavors in this holy place: remember how this came to pass, every slave’s hut is a memorial, and honor the departed. May you go with the Lady’s blessing."

After a long process of lottery stuff, of which im not going into, you guys are given your first assignment "THE TOMB OF AKHENTEPI"!

And you guys are given the rules..

Rules:

Remember How This Came to Pass: The Plague of Madness was unleashed upon the city of Wati while religious authorities were engaged in infighting. This rule is a reminder that the necropolis remains a holy place, and those who engage in needless conf lict and banditry are not only criminals, but accursed.

Every Slave’s Hut Is a Memorial: Every structure within the necropolis is a testament to the people who lived and died in the city. Explorers must not desecrate or vandalize standing structures and tombs, but preserve them as the memorials they were intended to be. Some structures may be trapped or decrepit, but willful and unnecessary destruction will not be tolerated.

Honor the Departed: The dead should be treated with dignity and respect. If the interred need to be disturbed to recover an antiquity or relic, they should be returned to their resting places carefully. It is understood that the ancient dead are often brittle, but there is no need for the contents of a sarcophagus to be summarily dumped on the ground. This rule does not apply to the undead or other abominations.
Failure to comply with these rules can result in, but is not limited to, expulsion from the necropolis, a ban on continued exploration, seizure of recovered valuables, and arrest and prosecution by local authorities.


Outside

You now have all day to do some asking around about other adventuring groups, gather last minute supplies, or inquire about your location..


Male Human
Current Magic Effects:
false life 0 temp, mega bless +2 to attacks, Resist energy 20
Cleric 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 5 Hierophant/Archmage 4 0 temp 84/84 HP | AC 16; T11; FF16 | CMD 15 | Fort +13; Ref +10; Will +24 | Perc +29 (+31) | Init +13

Marius looks at the others in this band of adventurers.

"It seems that we shall have a chance to explore Akhentepi's resting place. This shall be a great day for our party."

Marius then focuses on what he can remember about Akhentepi.

K. History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

After remembering what he can about his studies Marius will ask about some of the other adventuring groups that are currently going into the necropolis.


Outside

Hemket you are able to kind some Taldan red but its rather pricy considering how far it had to travel to get here.. 5 gp a bottle

Marius you are able to find out little about the tomb as ufortunately it's been over two thousand years since it was built.. You do however come across something mentioning Akhentepi was a great warrior, perhaps even a general..

While most of the groups are preparing and getting their rest for the long day tomorrow you are able meet a group calling themselves "The Cyptfinders", lead by a human named Falto they claim to have been assigned a tomb of an important government official.. He is wearing leathers, while two of his companions wear heavier armor and the other is in robes.. They all seem friendly enough and wish yall luck..

DC 14 Sense Motive:

His darting eyes give hint that the true place thier searching isn't what he said it was..


Hadjii stats (at 123+11 temp of 123); STONESKIN all day:
human WolfShaman14: AC18(T15/FF14) | CMD25 | Fort+15/Ref+11/Will+24 Init+8 | Perception+28

.
Hadjii is worried about crowding -- he will approach one of Sebti's acolytes:

"We of the Obsidian Eyes are most grateful and honored for the gracious opportunity the Lady of Graves has extended us -- oh yes! -- and I am having some questions: please to be excusing my ignorance, but I wish to know how many groups are entering the necropolis at the same time, please?"


Outside

The acolyte smiles at your approach..

"By counts well over 2 dozen good sir, but do not worry yourself.. The Necropolis is vast, nearly as large the Living City.. Be wary though, your group along with the others will be the first flesh and blood that has walked through the streets of the Necropolis in over 2 thousand years.. You may finder it harder to reach your destination than it is to explore it.." She smiles and gives you a small hand gesture that is to be taken as a blessing from her god..


Male Ifrit Slayer 14(Perception +31, Stealth +25 Disable Device +40 Init +16, HP 189/189, AC 23, CMD 38, Fort+16, Ref +22, Will +12)

Hemket will search his memory for any local events of consequence to relay to his compatriots.

knowledge local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19


Male Human
Current Magic Effects:
false life 0 temp, mega bless +2 to attacks, Resist energy 20
Cleric 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 5 Hierophant/Archmage 4 0 temp 84/84 HP | AC 16; T11; FF16 | CMD 15 | Fort +13; Ref +10; Will +24 | Perc +29 (+31) | Init +13

sense motive: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Marius simply smiles at the Cryptfinder, and gives the name of some random tomb as their allowed site. Marius doesn't even try to hide the fact that he is also lying.


Hadjii stats (at 123+11 temp of 123); STONESKIN all day:
human WolfShaman14: AC18(T15/FF14) | CMD25 | Fort+15/Ref+11/Will+24 Init+8 | Perception+28

"Oh, I am thanking you, good lady! I am also curious to know how to identify those who are in authority within the necropolis? Surely there will be someone along, to deal with situations that might get out of control? I'm talking about guides from your temple, or perhaps law enforcement officials from Wati's fine constabulary! I imagine some of those perfidious Pathfinders will be in there, and perhaps even more nefarious groups: if I observe infractions against the rules you provided, who do I report them to?"

By now, Bandit will be having difficulty keeping still, and he'll whine little...


Male Suli Aberrant Bloodrager 3; 31/31 (40/40) HP, AC 18 T11 FF17 (16 T9 FF15), CMD 18 (20), Fort +5 (+8), Ref +2, Will +3 (+5), Perc +6, Init +1, Rage 1/10, Elemental Aaasult 0/1, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Resist 7: acid, cold, electricity, fire

Rajik tries to remember some of the rites that should be performed before entering a place of the dead. He may worship Sekhmet, but there is no need to offend the other gods.

Knowledge Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Not remembering much, he will seek out a temple to Anubis.


Outside

Ill get a map of the city posted tonight, as i cant do it from work..

Hemket you've been around town long enough to know the major districts and the notable establishment in each, but beyond that you've heard nothing beyond the ordinary.. Again ill get you a map tonight and some info on places.. You wont need it till after the first dungeon anyways..

The man frowns abit at your obvious lie Marius but smiles and bids you good luck regardless..

Hadjii the woman again looks at you.. "The Necropolis is far to vast to have agents milling about hoping to catch rule breakers, however we do have a few Voices of the Spire doing spot inspections around the different chosen sites and should you have need to report an inccident a priest can be summoned as well.." You get the hint that they are just way to understaffed to fully enforce the rules and are basically relying more on peoples word not to destroy the place..

Rajik you would have found out pretty early into your stay here that worship places of the Old Gods do not exist mush anymore.. The Church of Pharasma would be where you needed to visit for such information, although if you looked hard enough or knew the right person etc., you might be able to find a small shrine to the ancient god somewhere in the city.. This amounts to a Diplomacy or Know Local roll..


Male Suli Aberrant Bloodrager 3; 31/31 (40/40) HP, AC 18 T11 FF17 (16 T9 FF15), CMD 18 (20), Fort +5 (+8), Ref +2, Will +3 (+5), Perc +6, Init +1, Rage 1/10, Elemental Aaasult 0/1, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Resist 7: acid, cold, electricity, fire

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

I'll use Diplomacy since I don't have Knowledge Local.


Outside

You do some asking around after which you find out the in the Asp district of the living city there's an establishment caller "The Hall of Blessed Rebirth", that is home to the cities Embalmer's Guild. Along with embaling ceremonies, medicine and embalming techniques are taught there by Headmistress Bahjut Everhand.. You have also managed to find out she is a devout worshipper of Anubis and has a small shrine dedicated to him there..


Male Suli Aberrant Bloodrager 3; 31/31 (40/40) HP, AC 18 T11 FF17 (16 T9 FF15), CMD 18 (20), Fort +5 (+8), Ref +2, Will +3 (+5), Perc +6, Init +1, Rage 1/10, Elemental Aaasult 0/1, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Resist 7: acid, cold, electricity, fire

I'll head over there and ask her to help me with the proper rites before we set out in to the Necropolis.


Loot | Arcanist 10 / Archmage 3 | 8+1 Callas | HP 91/91 | DR 50/50 | AC16(12) | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 15 | Fort +8 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +14 | 1st 8/9 | 2nd 3/6 | 3rd 5/6 | 4th 6/6 | 5th 4/4 | Res. 7/13 | MP 05/11 | Emp 3/3 | Ver 4/4 | Ext 3/3 | Sel 3/3 | Bou 3/3

Calla is paying attention all the while. She is staying at one of the luxury rooms at the Inn, and it's a part of her strategy to keep the price of goods high. They need to act respectfully, honest and noble if they want to get rich in this adventure. The first step has been taken. The woman knows they were lucky to have been selected for one of the tombs, but a too valuable place might mean certain death, as she is afraid others would not respect the assigned places.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Anyway, before the lottery she pays attention and stops at several merchant shops to have conversation about what they have, remembering names and social appearances. Whoever have the most expensive products should be among her contacts to sell the goods they find, but once they have been assigned to the Tomb of Akhentepi, fear and excitement cover her features, making she walk around the place with scared eyes, already waiting for the trouble to start.

She also have a question to the staff, so she approaches any acolyte. "Do we have a time limit for our studies? Do we need to come back when done, or may we explore more?"

History: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
It seems she never heard of this Akhentepi, which makes her a little calmer, but also a little disappointed. Maybe their findings would not been so valuable in this case. Either way, she decides to search some library on the vast city to learn more about it. It never hurt to be careful. Is there a library in the city?


Outside

You head on over Rajik and after a small wait time your able to speak to Mistress Everhand, who is slightly perturbed that you've come to waste her time explaining something the Church of Pharasma could have told you.. In the end she concedes that you follow to Old Gods and tells basically what you already knew.. Which is follow the rules given and there will be no repercussions from The Lady of Graves
Afterwards she bids you goodby and accepts your 5gp donation to the shrine.. Which you handed over without even thinking about it for some odd reason.. Oh btw, you did notice that her left hand was all shriveled up and looked mummified..

With Hemket's knowledge of the area Calla your certain you'll be able to fence your items at top price.. No problems getting the 60% from your trait, with a decent haggle that it.. The acolyte informs you there will be time between enough between your searchings to sell items and do research.. That said it is strictly forbidden to search area's without granted permission.

There is a small library, but it was constructed well after the destruction of Wati and therefore doesn't contain much if any knowledge that dates back that far.. There is however a vast library located in the necropolis that was wiped out during the plague.. It would be rule breaking to venture there without permission though and who knows what may lurk within so..

I need you to add your avatar to the first dungeon map when you get a chance Calla


Outside

Yall let me know when your ready to procede to the next day.. There's still time to buy last minute supplies etc. as well if you need too..


Male Human
Current Magic Effects:
false life 0 temp, mega bless +2 to attacks, Resist energy 20
Cleric 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 5 Hierophant/Archmage 4 0 temp 84/84 HP | AC 16; T11; FF16 | CMD 15 | Fort +13; Ref +10; Will +24 | Perc +29 (+31) | Init +13

I have done everything I wanted to before heading out, and I don't think I need any more equipment.


Male Ifrit Slayer 14(Perception +31, Stealth +25 Disable Device +40 Init +16, HP 189/189, AC 23, CMD 38, Fort+16, Ref +22, Will +12)

I'll pick some waterskins, but that's about it.


Outside

Sounds like everyone is ready to go so ill move forward..

The next morning brings a buzz of excitement as the gates to the Necropolis have been opened.. The Obsidian Eye was up early and waiting their turn when the gates were opened.. You were given a rough map of the streets need to be taken to get to the tomb and after looking its close to a mile walk.. Through dangerous streets..

GM:

1d100 ⇒ 66
1d100 ⇒ 37

As your group transverses the old dusty streets you all notice a multitude of rotting wagons, dilapidated buildings, and skeletons wore white by the sun's glare.. Moving through the district takes time as there's heaps of sand and all sorts of obstacles that must be gone around.. Roughly half way to the tomb you all hear a hiss that sounds like a fire.. Emerging seconds later from a side street is what appears to be a small living, mobile bonfire, tongues of flame reaching out in search of things to burn..

Init:

Hemket: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Marius: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Calla: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Hadjii: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Bandit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Rajik: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16
Fire Ele: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Init Order
Rajik
Fire Ele
Calla
Hemket
Hadjii
Marius
Bandit

AC 16, touch 13, flat-footed 14

Rajik your up!
Not making a map for this since your in the open vs 1 thing.. Gotta love a random encounter hitting on the way lol..


Male Suli Aberrant Bloodrager 3; 31/31 (40/40) HP, AC 18 T11 FF17 (16 T9 FF15), CMD 18 (20), Fort +5 (+8), Ref +2, Will +3 (+5), Perc +6, Init +1, Rage 1/10, Elemental Aaasult 0/1, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Resist 7: acid, cold, electricity, fire

Ignan:
"Hail brother, we want no trouble as we pass through."
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Rajik pulls out his falchion just in case, but makes sure to be in front of everyone in case the Elemental attacks. He is holding his action to see what the elemental does.


Outside

While initially the elemental seemed as it was going to attack it was apparently surprised by Rajik's speaking of it's native tongue.. It pauses then a hiss noise that sounds of popping embers comes forth as it replies in Ignan.. "Burn.. Give something to burnnn and you pass.." It moves towards you slowly, waiting for a response..

We'll stay in initiative for now.. The elemental has taken its turn..

The rest of you are up!


Male Suli Aberrant Bloodrager 3; 31/31 (40/40) HP, AC 18 T11 FF17 (16 T9 FF15), CMD 18 (20), Fort +5 (+8), Ref +2, Will +3 (+5), Perc +6, Init +1, Rage 1/10, Elemental Aaasult 0/1, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Resist 7: acid, cold, electricity, fire

"It wants something to burn and we can pass."

I'm translating since I'm pretty sure not all of us speak Ignan.


Male Human
Current Magic Effects:
false life 0 temp, mega bless +2 to attacks, Resist energy 20
Cleric 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 5 Hierophant/Archmage 4 0 temp 84/84 HP | AC 16; T11; FF16 | CMD 15 | Fort +13; Ref +10; Will +24 | Perc +29 (+31) | Init +13

Marius pulls off his heavy wooden shield, and throws it to the fire elemental so it can begin consuming it.

Ignan:

"Now you have something to feed upon. We shall be going now."

AC is now 16, and FF is also 16.


Male Ifrit Slayer 14(Perception +31, Stealth +25 Disable Device +40 Init +16, HP 189/189, AC 23, CMD 38, Fort+16, Ref +22, Will +12)

"You know, I did have some oil I could have given him so you'd still have a shield. Oh well. "


Hadjii stats (at 123+11 temp of 123); STONESKIN all day:
human WolfShaman14: AC18(T15/FF14) | CMD25 | Fort+15/Ref+11/Will+24 Init+8 | Perception+28

.
actually, Hemket went before Marius in initiative -- as does Calla and Hadjii -- so I reckon he can intercept with the offer of a flask of oil (before Marius gives up that shield)...

Hadjii is restraining Bandit from running away for his move action, and he'll address Rajik:

"I do beg your pardon, Master Rajik, sir, but this dampness may make you less appealing to the fire-thing!"

and then he'll cast Create Water above Rajik's head!


Outside

The elemental begins to reach to the shield and then notices the oil as its pulled out.. It rushes at you Hemket and grabs the oil before hurrying away.. Your skin gets very hot as it touches you and you think without your resistances you would have been burned..

Nice use of diplomacy.. Good thing their neutral.. Not that yall wouldn't had slaughtered it.. Keep your shield Marius..

The rest of yall trip to the tomb is uneventful and as you reach the gates yall see.. A rectangular stone mausoleum sits alone in what appears to have once been an actual cemetery. The trunks of a few dead trees poke out of the sand around the tomb, and a hot breeze whistles through their desiccated branches. A set of massive stone double doors is affixed to the northern side of the structure, beneath a facade bearing the likeness of an Osirian man. Windblown sand is heaped around the crypt, partially burying the doors that lead within.

As your group moves closer.. The name of the individual interred within the tomb, Akhentepi, is engraved upon the doors in Osiriani, along with the dates of his birth and death, indicating that thedeceased was born in 2416 ar and died in 2488 ar, 11 years before the Plague of Madness decimated most of the city.

Know Engin DC 10 or Perc. DC 15:

The doors are on concealed hinges and swing outward.

Above DC's +5:

There are also telltale traces of mortar along the seams and jamb that has since crumbled or been chipped away, indicating that the doors were meant to be sealed permanently and not intended to be opened again. A crowbar or similar tool has been inserted between the doors at some point.

Regardless of what is figured out you all think its gonna take some serious muscle to open these doors.. Some sorta tool for prying would help..


Male Ifrit Slayer 14(Perception +31, Stealth +25 Disable Device +40 Init +16, HP 189/189, AC 23, CMD 38, Fort+16, Ref +22, Will +12)

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

"Looks like the doors swing out. Not exactly sure how we're going to open them. Anyone got a crowbar?


Male Suli Aberrant Bloodrager 3; 31/31 (40/40) HP, AC 18 T11 FF17 (16 T9 FF15), CMD 18 (20), Fort +5 (+8), Ref +2, Will +3 (+5), Perc +6, Init +1, Rage 1/10, Elemental Aaasult 0/1, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Resist 7: acid, cold, electricity, fire

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14


Outside

Its gonna be a str check.. DC 20 without a crowbar or a prying tool, DC 15 with one.. The doors are large enough that you can all assist the main puller..


Loot | Arcanist 10 / Archmage 3 | 8+1 Callas | HP 91/91 | DR 50/50 | AC16(12) | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 15 | Fort +8 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +14 | 1st 8/9 | 2nd 3/6 | 3rd 5/6 | 4th 6/6 | 5th 4/4 | Res. 7/13 | MP 05/11 | Emp 3/3 | Ver 4/4 | Ext 3/3 | Sel 3/3 | Bou 3/3

Calla was scared for seeing the Fire Elemental, and she did not really thought there could be creatures in this area, or at least outside.
"So the rumors are true... A good thing you all knew that language. I've never heard it before.

She gets excited when they finally get to the place, and begins to analyze the door with ease...
K.Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11 Niiiiiice!
...Although there seems to be too much sand in the way. She casts a quick spell, covers her nose with something similar to a cloth mask and begins to work on removing the sand blocking the door.
"I'll remove the sand to make this easier for you."

Detect Magic on the door. Then let the Prestidigitation rule!


Outside

Calla's spell makes quick work of the sand, allowing the doors to be opened easier..

Rajik Str Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

Rajik steps up and puts his back into it opening the door on the first try.. His muscle flex hard under the weight of the door, but in the end he's just to beastly and now the entrance is opened..

Ill stop to let everyone catch up and i have to eat supper before moving on..


Hadjii stats (at 123+11 temp of 123); STONESKIN all day:
human WolfShaman14: AC18(T15/FF14) | CMD25 | Fort+15/Ref+11/Will+24 Init+8 | Perception+28

.
Hadjii casts Create Water above Bandit for about the 10th time today (wolves just weren't made for this climate, and most will have noticed Hadjii does this about every 10-15 minutes once the day gets hot...); then he remarks:

"Perhaps, if we moisten the door frame with plenty of water, the damp stone will be slick enough to ease the effort required to move these great doors..."

Hadjii looks ready to cast Create Water on the doors, if anyone gives him the go-ahead.


Loot | Arcanist 10 / Archmage 3 | 8+1 Callas | HP 91/91 | DR 50/50 | AC16(12) | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 15 | Fort +8 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +14 | 1st 8/9 | 2nd 3/6 | 3rd 5/6 | 4th 6/6 | 5th 4/4 | Res. 7/13 | MP 05/11 | Emp 3/3 | Ver 4/4 | Ext 3/3 | Sel 3/3 | Bou 3/3

Realizing Hadjii has been ninja'd, Calla worries more about the poor wolf, and tries to help it. "Hey Hadjii, I know wolves are supposed to be furry and all, but don't you think it would be better if you sheared his fur a little?" She says this, but does not take her eyes off the entrance. She is trying to look what's beyond the entrance, but the bright light of the outside is not letting her see anything.

Her right thumb touches each of the fingers in the same hand, and as she stretches them forward four globes of light come from it, moving forth and illuminating the hall.
Dancing Lights


Outside

The water spell certainly helps the poor doggie out.. THe shaving idea certainly has merit..

As the door swings open and the light enters the door and you see..

This rectangular room is empty save for some engravings and fixtures upon the walls, and an immense stone wheel against the south wall. The air is stale, and a layer of dust and sand covers the floor, lying in a thicker layer to the south. All four walls bear sunk-relief engravings and hieroglyphs, while small stone faces are affixed to the walls at about shoulder height in each corner. The stone wheel to the south is engraved with a large spiral and is set in stone tracks in the floor and ceiling.

Give me Perception, Know Engin, and Know Religion


Loot | Arcanist 10 / Archmage 3 | 8+1 Callas | HP 91/91 | DR 50/50 | AC16(12) | T 12 | FF 10 | CMD 15 | Fort +8 | Ref +7 | Will +10 | Init +9 | Perc +14 | 1st 8/9 | 2nd 3/6 | 3rd 5/6 | 4th 6/6 | 5th 4/4 | Res. 7/13 | MP 05/11 | Emp 3/3 | Ver 4/4 | Ext 3/3 | Sel 3/3 | Bou 3/3

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
K.Engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
K.Religion: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Seriously, what's wrong this campaign????

Calla seems to be still scared with the previous event, or perhaps she doesn't think they will find anything interesting this close to the door.


Hadjii stats (at 123+11 temp of 123); STONESKIN all day:
human WolfShaman14: AC18(T15/FF14) | CMD25 | Fort+15/Ref+11/Will+24 Init+8 | Perception+28

Hadjii's Perception check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Evidently, Hadjii is lingering outside a bit with Bandit -- no telling how long we'll be indoors: probably longer than Bandit is accustomed to!


Male Suli Aberrant Bloodrager 3; 31/31 (40/40) HP, AC 18 T11 FF17 (16 T9 FF15), CMD 18 (20), Fort +5 (+8), Ref +2, Will +3 (+5), Perc +6, Init +1, Rage 1/10, Elemental Aaasult 0/1, Senses: Low-Light Vision, Resist 7: acid, cold, electricity, fire

I'm heading to cook dinner and get off for the night. Thanks for the good strength check.


Male Ifrit Slayer 14(Perception +31, Stealth +25 Disable Device +40 Init +16, HP 189/189, AC 23, CMD 38, Fort+16, Ref +22, Will +12)

perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Male Human
Current Magic Effects:
false life 0 temp, mega bless +2 to attacks, Resist energy 20
Cleric 3/Wizard 3/Mystic Theurge 5 Hierophant/Archmage 4 0 temp 84/84 HP | AC 16; T11; FF16 | CMD 15 | Fort +13; Ref +10; Will +24 | Perc +29 (+31) | Init +13

K. Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Outside

Calla you recognize the spiral symbol on the wheel of Pharasma.. Your unsure about the other..

All of the writing is in Ancient Osiriani, so no one has that than we'll skip that..

As yall all enter the room you begin to search for a way to move the massive stone door and your just about ready to give up and try brute strength when Hemket locates a hidden latch.. Once he activates it the stone door starts to roll open.. As yall all watch the door roll open something pounces on Hadjii's back and attempts to sting him..

1d3 ⇒ 1

Sneaky attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 vs FF, and connects..
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 2 Plus Poison DC 13 Fort

As you all turn around to see whats happened you see a 3' long translucent scorpion has burrowed up from the ground behind Hadjii and stung him..

Know Nature Checks

Initiatives:

Hemket: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Marius: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
Calla: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Hadjii: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Bandit: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Rajik: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
1d20 ⇒ 1

Init Order
You all go before the scorpion so have at it..

AC 12, touch 11, flat-footed 12

Im out for the night ill pick it up tm morn..


Hadjii stats (at 123+11 temp of 123); STONESKIN all day:
human WolfShaman14: AC18(T15/FF14) | CMD25 | Fort+15/Ref+11/Will+24 Init+8 | Perception+28

.
Both Hemket and Hadjii have Ancient Osiriani listed as languages known...

Hadjii's Knowledge:Nature check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

1 to 50 of 8,222 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Pox's "The Mummy's Mask" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.