Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM Mason's Rise of the Goblin General : The Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Eminem80

Provisions: 32
NPCs: Jet, Aubrin, Kinning, Oreld, Rhyna
Townfolk: 1 Adept (2), 1 Commoners (10), 1 Expert (1), 1 Warrior (3)

Bridge Map


151 to 200 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Bridge Map

Phaendar Map

The group gathers together and grabs their horses. The growing party sneaks behind the buildings and stays to the shadows. Chaos continues to reign in the streets. It doesn't take long to get the Oreld's Fine Shop.

Oreld’s Fine Shop—labeled with a small shingle hanging out front—is one of the few buildings in town made entirely of stone. Mortared white blocks form the walls of this odd shaped cottage. Scorch marks that shift in color from black to dark blue to glimmering violet mar one wall. The door to the shop stands open and bloody footprints lead inside.

Map Incoming. Feel free to RP your plans: Who all is going inside? Who will watch the group as they hide? I'll give you +2 to the groups stealth for each named NPC that stays with the villagers.

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

There's now nearly twenty of us, plus horses and crates piled high on a floating disk; it's time and stealth that are our enemies thinks Arun as he looks around the group from alongside Caleb, his jet-black horse. We few appear to be earning the respect and trust of the townfolk - I dread that lead them into their doom.

Seeing the blast-marks of the side of the shop, Arun tries to evaluate what might have caused such polychromatic discolouration kn. arcana, or spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Seeking out the eyes of the other leaders of the group, Arun points at the open doorway of the store, "I say we leave Kinning and Jet to guard the wounded cleric and the others, while we few deal with whatever's inside: quick in, grab what we can, quick out. What do you say?"

Arun will boost the resistance of the first 3 people to go in (with the cantrip: resistance, duration: 10 rounds) just before they enter the store.

Are there any windows we can look into first ? perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

knowledge: religion: 1d20 ⇒ 3
sense motive: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17 why is she embarrassed?

earlier
’that’s a fine looking shield, odd symbol, I wonder why she looks embarrassed. Nodding his head, ” It makes sense tae protect what’s most valuable.” nodding toward the front door, ” Shaa we join th' others an' heed tae oreld’s shop?” He then hoists his pack and heads to the door.

at Oreld’s, Has Brunner met Oreld previously?
’that’s a nasty scorch mark, a cruel thing to do to stone, but wood would have burned, why would anyone build with wood when this quality of rock is available.’ Looking at the odd building and the damage, then the bloody footprints, Brunner nods in agreement with Arun, ” Quick in an' it, that’s smart. diz anyain recognize th' fit prints?”

translation:
common It makes sense to protect what’s most valuable.
common Shall we join the others and head to Oreld’s shop.
common Quick in and out, that’s smart. Does anyone recognize the foot prints?


Bridge Map

Arun sees two Hobgoblins looting the shop just inside the door.

Oreld's Shop Map

Initiative:
Brunner Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Arun Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Khaz Initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
JP Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Fergal Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Bahram Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
Hobgobs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

INITIATIVE ORDER:

JP
Bahram
Arun
Brunner
?
Hobgobs
Fergal
Khaz


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

Goblins in the building?' hearing there are goblins in the building, Brunner hustles around to the front, pulling his dorn dergar out as he moves.

Brunner double moves to 'C11'

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

I'm alarmed to see Arun alone and vulnerable put the front on his own. In the future, given he is the most squishy member of the party, he will always seek to have at least one other PC between him and potential trouble.

Arun holds up a hand behind him to indicate two enemies, and points into the shop where the noise of looting is coming from.

He then raises his hand and contracts it into a clawlike grip, before pointing at the nearest of the hobs. Charm Person, DC15 .

If he feels that the enchantment has worked, he calls out with an imperious tone,

In goblin...:
" You in the store, looting! Both of you! Drop your swords and get out here now! You are a disgrace!
Arun is hoping to cause collateral confusion in the second hob, due to the behaviour of the first. Arun will also call to his friends: "Hold from attacking just yet: I have enchanted one. Maybe we can get some answers here... "

If Arun feels his spell has been resisted, he will tell the others, and either leg it back round the corner, or hide behind the others if they advance. Either way, he seeks some meat shield between him and hob swords...

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Monk(Qinggong Monk/Zen Archer) 1 / Medium(Relic Channeler) 1 (HP 17/17) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 17) (Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7) (Init +5) (Perception +14)

Unable to see a target, Jean-Pierre calmly delays.

Silver Crusade

Bahram moves to the edge of the building, bow drawn.

First goblin he spots coming out gets a surprise arrow to the face... or in that general direction at least.
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8


Bridge Map

Arun: I thought you moved up to see in. I see now you asked about windows. Sorry. I'll address the know arcana too.


Bridge Map

Round One

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

The hobgoblin drops his weapon and starts walking out of the shop. The other begins following him.

The charmed hobgoblin awakes from his stupor as Bahram's arrow hits him in the side as soon as he steps out, but is now unarmed. The second hobgoblin calls out in goblin:

Goblin:
"It's a trap!"

Fergal and Khaz are up. JP is in delay and go whenever her wants.


M Human Druid 2 | HP 15/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F+4, R+3, W+6 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc. +8 | Spd 30

Fergal moves up behind JP, Rusco at his side. "Sounds like trouble, s'truth." He brandishes his staff, his expression grim.

Moving to A7.

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

"Bahram !" Arun sighs in frustration, "I had him !"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Human Monk(Qinggong Monk/Zen Archer) 1 / Medium(Relic Channeler) 1 (HP 17/17) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 17) (Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7) (Init +5) (Perception +14)

Jean-Pierre steps forward (5' step SW), and fires a brace of arrows into the first goblinoid.

MW Mighty [+2] Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 = 9, for 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 2 + 1 = 6 damage.
MW Mighty [+2] Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 2 + 1 = 14, for 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10 damage.

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

I'm assuming that Khaz is still away and is being GMPC'd , right?

-Posted with Wayfinder


Bridge Map

ROUND ONE

Khaz double moves up next to Brunner. JP's second arrow finds its mark and he drops the hobgoblin that was already injured.


INITIATIVE ORDER:

JP <
Bahram <
Arun <
Brunner <
? D
Hobgobs <
Fergal <
Khaz <

JP, Bahram, Arun, and Brunner are up!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

Thanks for holding my spot! I should have Internet from here on out


Male Human Monk(Qinggong Monk/Zen Archer) 1 / Medium(Relic Channeler) 1 (HP 17/17) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 17) (Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7) (Init +5) (Perception +14)

Jean-Pierre is back to waiting for the other goblinoid to come outside ;-)

Silver Crusade

Move: A10>A11>B12>C12
Standard: Ranged Attack

Bahram, though Shirin is left with the non combatants, uses tactics the two learned together. Loosing arrows on the move.

Ranged Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Brunner probably provides cover so +4 to AC of Gobo


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

’One hobgoblin down, one to go.’ Brunner steps forward, lengthening the chain on his dorn dergar, swinging it over his head. ” By Torag, ye wulnae see th' end ay thes day.” He releases it at the hobgoblin.

5 ft step to D10, move action: extends dorn dergar chain to 10 ft. Attack: Dorn dergar, PA, Hatred
attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 15 for damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 3 = 17

translation:

common By Torag, you will not see the end of this day.

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

I wonder whether those bloody footprints leading into the shop were made by hobgoblin boots...there may be more here than we have yet seen...

Arun takes a 5' step to square AA11, and readies a spell Daze (DC14) to impact anyone stepping out of the shop front.


Bridge Map

Round Two


INITIATIVE ORDER:

JP <
Bahram < <
Arun < <
Brunner < <
? D
Hobgobs <
Fergal <
Khaz <

JP delays his move until he sees another threat. Bahram moves and looses an arrow, but it sails past the hobgoblin. Brunner steps up and crushes the enemy with his reach weapon. The hobgob lies motionless. Arun moves to get a better view of the inside of the shop. Sounds of metal clashing and cries of pain continue to fill the night air. The inside of the shop falls silent.

Still in initiative. Fergal and Khaz are up. JP is in delay.


M Human Druid 2 | HP 15/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F+4, R+3, W+6 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc. +8 | Spd 30

Fergal hustles over to Brunner, Rusco at his heels. "Alright, mate?" he says, looking and listening for more trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Move to C10, perc. check.


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

Khaz moves into the doorway, his hammer at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


Bridge Map

ROUND TWO

Frost Bomb/PBS: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11
Damage: 2d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 3) + 4 = 11

Khaz looks into the room and sees a hobgoblin holding a bomb in on hand and a chain leash in the other. On the other end of the leash is a man with a spiked metal collar around his neck. The human male is gagged a torn piece of cloth.

The hobgob throws the bomb at Khaz. I think that hits your touch AC? If so, 11 points of damage and DC 16 Fort Save or staggered for 1 round.

"This is my house and my slave. Leave or die!"

EVERYONE IS UP.


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

I had asked earlier if Brunner and Oreld had met, would Brunner know if the prisoner was him or not.

’A hobgoblin with a prisoner, this ends now.’ Brunner moves into the home, stepping to the left, moving near enough to strike at the hobgoblin with the dorn dergar. ” Ye ur huir uv a croose, tae lat at thes puir toon an' nae expect retribution.”

Move action: 20 ft. move to ‘C7’ Attack: Dorn dergar, PA, Hatred
Attack: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 1 + 1 = 12 for damage: 1d10 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 3 = 11

translation:
common: You are very arrogant, to attack this poor town and not expect retribution.

Silver Crusade

Move to D8

Bahram, seeing the bomb catch Khaz and hearing shouts from within, bustles forward and ducks into the building proper. Lifting his bow he looses a hasty shot at the slave taker

Bow shot at the gobo
Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Critical Bonus Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Dark Archive

M Human Wizard 1
Profile:
HP 7/7, AC13 FF10 T13, F0 R3 W3, Init 7, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

Content to shelter at the doorway from explosions while the frontline fighters resolve the issue, Arun hot-foots over to the far side and stands with his back against the wall waiting for the chance to enter the shop. Move to E9

"What in the nine Hells was that!" he yelps.

In the hope of being remotely helpful, he reaches out and imbues the smoking, slightly scorched dwarf with magical protection. Casts Resistance on Khaz, +1 to saves, duration 6 rounds .


Bridge Map

Initiative:
JP <<
Bahram <<<
Arun <<<
Brunner <<<
Fergal <<
Khaz <<
Bomber<<

Brunner would know Orled

Brunner steps into the room and swings wildly at the Hobgoblin. He loses his balance a bit and swings wide of his target. Bahram moves in and unleashes an arrow. It finds its mark, but does minimal damage. The Hobgoblin laughs at the human. Arun assists Khaz.

JP, Fergal, and Khaz are up!


Male Human Monk(Qinggong Monk/Zen Archer) 1 / Medium(Relic Channeler) 1 (HP 17/17) (AC 15/15/10) (CMD 17) (Fort +6, Ref +4, Will +7) (Init +5) (Perception +14)

Jean-Pierre moves into the building (E7), and takes a shot.

MW Mighty [+2] Composite Longbow: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 3 + 1 = 16, for 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 1 = 13 damage.


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

Combat With Power Attack, Rage and bloodline
Fort with assistance: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
To hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5, 6) + (6) + 10 = 27

Filled with pain and rage, Khaz gave in and ran straight at the hobgoblin, screaming a wordless battlecry as his hammer burst into flames.


M Human Druid 2 | HP 15/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F+4, R+3, W+6 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc. +8 | Spd 30

Fergal enters behind his companions, head on a swivel looking for any more surprises. "Everyone alright, then? That was not expected, sure enough."

Moving to F7 and having a look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

'Now that is how a drarven hammer should be used,' Brunner smiles a grim smile when he sees Khaz finish the hobgoblin. He stops swirling the dorm dergar, and walks up to Khaz, resting his hand on his fellow dwarves shoulder. speaking in Dwarven. "Uill bhuail, Khaz. Torag thu a 'riochdachadh gu math an-diugh."

Turning to the man he tells him "We will hae ye free in a jiffy." He then quickly searches the Hobgoblin for a key to release the human.

translate:
dwarven"Well struck, Khaz. You represented Torag well today."
common"We will have you free in a jiffy.


Bridge Map

The smiles leaves the hobgob's face as Khaz's hammer does its best. He drops dead to the floor. Brunner finds a key to the shackle on Oreld's neck. He takes the gag out of his mouth and frees him.

I'll update in a bit.

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

Sensing that the immediate danger may be over, Arun moves cautiously into the shop to square E2. He scans the shelves to identify anything to add to the already heaped floating disk hovering at his side, anything which might prove of value to the party in the woods.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17


Bridge Map

Oreld is frantic as Brunner sets him free from his shackles. "Thank you very much, Brunner. I thought I was a goner!" He turns to the others. "I am Vane Oreld. I cannot thank you all enough." He stands to his feet and dusts himself off. He is bruised up quite a bit. He has a large gash in his hip.

On the shelves, Arun finds: three vials of antiplague, five bottles of bloodblock, a bottle of fire ward gel. On the alchemist, Fergal finds an alchemist fire, a potion of CLW, tanglefoot bags (2), thunderstones (2), a healers kit.

Oreld speaks up. "In the next room, there is a cellar door under the rug. I had the others go down there for safety!"

Silver Crusade

Bahram bustles past at this news heading straight for the trapdoor and tries to pull it open.

Just in case... Strength: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

there were bloody footprints headed in weren't there? Were they Oreld's?

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

Yoink!In a flash, the most useful items from the store were added to the heap on the floating disk, with a few additional items added instead to the saddlebags outside. GM: I assume that, between the disk, the two mounts and saddlebags, and the empty hands of the rescued folk outside, we have ample carrying capacity for the kit we are taking. Please tell me if not...

Guys I have updated the loot list for the juicier bits of kit we have (ahem) 'liberated' here. I've arbitrarily alloced them between us all. Please post if you want / need anything specific. Khaz do you need to drink the potion of CLW, given the pasting you took at the door?

Whilst busying himself with loading up on provisions, Arun called over his shoulders to the others, "C'mon, we said quick in, quick out. We better get moving here. My call would be to vendezvous with the rangers we left to recon the bridge. Oh !" here he snaps his fingers, "I nearly forgot! Oreld, do you by any chance have any catalyst we could use to blow the bridge out of town? We must protect the retreat of the townsfolk into the forest !


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

Winded after channelling the divine anger of his god, Khaz slapped Brunner good naturedly on the shoulder. While he said nothing he hadn't forgotten how his ring had flared to life. He kept glancing at it expectantly, hoping that it would point him towards the completion of his oath. But, as he had seen no such further sign, he took it to mean that Torag wanted him to oppose the hobgoblins.


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

'I am glad Oreld is ok, we need to get that cut looked at.' Brunner gives Khaz a knowing smile but doesn't say any more. 'I'd say more to Khaz but I don;t want any of our human friends to be jealous of the comradery between two true followers of Torag.'

He then returns to Oreld, "Hauld still an' lit me tak' a swatch at 'at leg." Tearing part of Oreld's shirt off of the tail, he wraps it around the leg and tells him, "Ye will be braw, jist keep it clean an' wrapped."

Turning he looks to see who Oreld had hidden in the basement, he then asks. "Is thaur anythin' else we shoods brin'? waur gonnae blaw th' brig."

heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

Translate:
common"Hold still and let me take a look at that leg."
common"You will be fine, just keep it clean and wrapped."
common"Is there anything else we should bring? Were going to blow the bridge."


Bridge Map

Bahram runs to the back room and throws the rug back. As he grabs and pulls the trap door, Oreld yells out "WAIT!!!" It is too late. Acid sprays in a 10' line from the door to the common room. Bahram is the only one in danger.

Trap: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

He sees the acid just in time and dodges out of the way. "Oh my...in the confusion, I forgot about the trap I set. I am glad it didn't injure anyone."[b] Oreld thanks Brunnner for healing.

He turns to Arun [b]"Oh yes...of course. I have some stump remover over there." You guys are OK at this point on encumbrance.

Brunner and Bahram see three humans in the cellar. "Oh...thank the gods. We thought we were dead!"

The group finds quite a bit of vegetables. 7 provision points, Oreld NPC, 1 adept, 2 commoners


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

can we keep the shackle that Oreld was locked on? Did the Hobgoblin have anything else worth taking?

'Bad business this, we need to get out of town.' As the group comes in to help gather the supplies, Brunner, nods to Oreld, Then asks. "It looks loch they wanted ye as a prisoner, did they say anythin' specific as tae wa?"

translation:
common'It looks like they wanted you as a prisoner, did they say anything specific as to why?

Grand Lodge

M Human Sin Magic Enchanter/Controller) L2
Profile:
HP12/12, AC11 F10 T11, F0 R1 W4, In 5, Per 1, Spd 30'
Loot sheet

"Come on guys, time to go!" Arun ushers the new additions to their now-sizeable band out the door. "Let's talk and move! If the hobgoblinss hold that bridge, we're not getting to the forest. We need to understand whether our escape is clear."


M Human Druid 2 | HP 15/19 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | F+4, R+3, W+6 | CMB +3, CMD 16 | Init +2 | Perc. +8 | Spd 30

Fergal and Rusco step outside to wait for the rest of the group. There's been no dull moments since I met these folks, s'truth... I wonder where this'll take us. Hopefully... we'll get the chance to do more good along the way. World's got enough bad already...

Fergal reaches down to pet Rusco and play with him while they wait, slipping him little bits of dried meat from his pouch.

Silver Crusade

"Jin ursin!"

Bahram stares down at the acid splash as it fizzes, imagining what it would have done to his flesh.

"Come on, we need to go"

Bahram is last out of the place, making sure everyone is out. Reuniting with Shirin he makes the provisions that are his to carry secure and then makes ready to move off.

Ready to move out


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

Khaz says nothing. Rather, he starts moving, leading the way towards the bridge.


Bridge Map
Brunner Hammerfell wrote:
can we keep the shackle that Oreld was locked on? Did the Hobgoblin have anything else worth taking?

YES. Alchemical items were some of what was on the hobgob.


Bridge Map

The group moves on to the shrine.

A wooden deck surrounds the front of an octagonal structure with broad archways leading into a place of worship. To its left stands a moss-encrusted stone monument. Carved birds, branches, and fruits decorate the wooden supports of the temple’s entryway. A dead villager is curled up on the wooden deck before the temple.

The group enters the shrine. A hobgoblin is in mid swing, destroying a wooden image of Desna. When he sees the adventurers, he flees through the back door. A body lays in front of the altar.


Cleric 1:
HP (25) Fort (+8) Ref (+2) Will (+6) Initiative (+1) Movement (40ft)
Urban Bloodrager 1:
Bluff (+0), Intimidate (+2), K-Religion (+5), K-Engineering (+6), Sense Motive, K-Engineering (+7), Perception, Heal (+8), Diplomacy (+9), Craft-Weapons/Armor (+10)

Khaz takes off after the hobgoblin, confident that he can catch up with it. "After it lads. If it escapes it'll warn the rest!"


SLA:
Stonestrike: [ ], [ ], L.O.H.: [ ],
dwarf, male, Stonelord 2|HP 27/27 |AC 19/T 11/FF 18 | F+7/R+2/W+4 | CMB + 5 | CMD 16 |init +1 | Perc +0 | DR/adamantine + 1

Earlier
this may come in handy, better than rope at least. Brunner gathers up the shackle and places it in his pack. Nodding his head in agreement with Bahram, helping Oreld along he follows the others out of the building. "Ye ur reit sairrr knecht, we shoods be oan uir way tae th' shrine."

at the shrine
'Killing the innocent, these hobgoblins are earning themselves a reckoning.' Brunner stops on the wooden deck about to check the dead villager. Hearing the noise from inside as Khaz calls out, Brunner enters the shrine, seeing the body in front of the altar he quickly moves beside it. "Tha eile fhulang, Torag mo chuideachadh a shàbhaladh dhaibh."

Move action: moves to body, Standard: provide first aid
were in combat rounds and honestly Brunner isn't catching anyone but the combat is in the chase so can he take 10 (16) to provide first aid? If not here is a roll.
heal: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 Ouch, keeping fingers crossed on that take 10

translator:
common:"You are right sir knight, we should be on our way to the shrine."
dwarven:"There is another victim, Torag help me save them."

Silver Crusade

Bahram turns on his heel and exits the way they had come in as Khaz moves out of the back door, letting out a shrill whistle as he does so. Shirin crosses his path at speed as he meets the track.

Ride(Swift mount): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Boom!

Grabbing the reins, Bahram swings himself up only the saddle and the two make off after the Hobgoblin. Calling The creature out (Far Challenge) Bahram looses an arrow.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 2 = 11

Ok, depending on how far away the goblin has made it, Bahram has modifiers to his hit roll. If Shirin is double moving it's +1, if she is running then it's a -2. I don't really have a good idea of the lay of terrain outside the building. If my idea of what is possible is just well out then my apologies.

151 to 200 of 218 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mason's Rise of the Goblin General (The Ironfang Invasion) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.