Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

GM Fnord's PFS First Steps (Inactive)

Game Master Aoth Anskuld


1,101 to 1,150 of 1,435 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Figuring that Karzak is inside; his watch would have ended
Fort saves
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory volunteers to spend the 4am watch outside (no+4 for wagon).
1d20 + 2 + 4 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 2 + 4 + 4 + 5 = 321d20 + 2 + 4 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 4 + 4 + 5 = 271d20 + 2 + 4 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 4 + 4 + 5 = 231d20 + 2 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 4 + 5 = 26

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

As a slightly chilly Jake comes in from the cold, Tal offers to take the next watch.

1am: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 (+1 fort, +5 cold weather gear, +4 survival assist)

2am: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13 (+1 fort, +5 cold weather gear, +4 survival assist)

3am: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 (+1 fort, +5 cold weather gear, +4 survival assist)

4am: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16 (+1 fort, +5 cold weather gear, +4 survival assist +4 wagon)

Cold damage:

2am 1d6 ⇒ 2

4am 1d6 ⇒ 5

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

Jake would then be inside throughout.

Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27
Fort Save: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15

Non-Lethal Cold DAM: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann takes the early morning watch, which I think is 6-8AM, yes? This means she gets the +4 for being inside. Further, if the hides give the +5 for cold weather gear, this and the group's survival bonus of +4 in addition to her base +4 means she's looking at +17 before a die roll, and can augment that even further with Guidance, bringing her save to +18 before a die roll. Funny that the young lady from the desert is also pretty good at dealing with the cold. But I'll roll in case I miscalculated something.

1AM: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
2AM: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (10) + 18 = 28
3AM: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21
4AM: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (14) + 18 = 32


Looks good guys. At this level, non-lethal heals at 1pt/hour, so Jake's feeling better by 6, and Tal will be recovered by 10am if he doesn't receive any outside aid.

Anything before you set out in the morning?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Good here; note that Karzak was too stubborn to wear the cold weather clothing, but he made his saves anyway

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann will set a funeral pyre for the deceased after trying to find any identifying items or equipment so the deceased' survivors can get some kind of closure.


Being explorers, they were keeping journals and notes. You can piece together enough information to return their few possessions and the news of their demise to their people after your mission.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory will try to put some more wood in with the stove so it can be a unofficial haven for travelers. He will write up some common rules on a piece of parchment for those sheltering here- replace the firewood, clean up after yourself, don't take the wagon, don't take the stove, etc.

"This wagon was a shelter for us, may it shelter others."

After Tiann says some words for the dead, we will head out.


As the pass winds around a large mountain, you spot a light glinting from a ledge some 50 feet above your location. There is a an icy rock face leading up to it. It is not so steep as to look dangerous, but steep enough that you'll have to use the climb skill if you want to go up.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Hmmm....I wonder what's up there?

Climb1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


Tal makes it part way up, but then slides harmlessly back down the path.

Tal:
You figure if you pick your way up carefully, you shouldn't have the same problem again (i.e. you think you can take 10 and succeed slowly)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak gives the cliff a dubious look. Well, I sure as 'ell ain't goin' up there.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Slightly flustered....Tal takes a deep breath and gives it another try.

Climb - Take 10


On the ledge is a small statue of a woman, complete with a nearby shrine.

Knowledge(history or nobility) to identify the figure in the statue

The glinting light seen from the path is the sun's reflection off a number of coins and gems in the shrine's offering bowl.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory takes out his 50' of silk rope and grapnel and tries to get it on the ledge. Then he climbs too.

To hit grapnel/Clim 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 161d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"I'm not taking any of that money. No, no, no."

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Nodding to Karzak, Tiann keeps watch while everyone else is trying to scramble up the ledge.

No way I'm getting up there, either—at least not without ditching my armor. Not happening.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Jory easily makes it up. It's only a DC 10 climb, and if you fail you can't get hurt.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tiann...there is some sort of shrine up here...a statue of a small woman with an offering plate among other things. It's a fairly easy climb; might be worth taking a look at.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

While Tal waits for Tiann to ascend he stares at the statue for a few moments, considering the features of the woman it depicts. Sadly Tal knows very little about history or religion; but the coins and gems in the offering bowl are certainly a testament to how highly her followers must think of her.

Tal removes a gold piece from his belt pouch and flips it in the air. OK Jory...heads she keeps her treasure, tails its ours!

Heads = 1, Tails = 2

1d2 ⇒ 1

Tal catches the coin in mid air, slaps it onto the back of his hand and shows it to Jory. With a shrug Tal flips his coin into the offering dish.

-1gp

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"Just wrap this around your waist." Jory and Tal will pull Tiann up with the silk rope.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

How decidedly ungraceful... oh well.

With a nod, Tiann ties the rope as described. Just so long as someone keeps a watch down here. I don't want to be surprised while looking at this statue.

And, to save time: Knowledge religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 ... of course.

Andoran

Fighter 4 (Two-Handed), HP 37/40, AC: 20/T: 13/FF: 17, Perception +1, F: +7/ R: +4/ W: +2, CMB: +8, CMD: 20, Speed: 20, Init: +4

I will keep watch below Tiann.


Tiann makes it up with her friends help.

Any other action here before we move on?

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Jory donates a gold piece as it is the right thing to do.
Hopefully someone will come and do something nice with it -- either way, if someone takes it out of this bowl, they probably need it badly.
Ready to move on.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal is moved that Jory also decided to donate a gold piece to the shrine. Although Tal was a bit tongue in cheek with his coin flip in all likelihood he probably wouldn't have been able to bring himself to rob the shrine.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak grunts at Jake and puts his ham-sized mail fists on his hips as he casts his glare upwards, his impatience plain for any to see. Are ye' quite done up there?

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal and Jory offer to help Tiann down although, while undignified, the slide down isn't all that dangerous. Tal takes one last look at the scene and then climbs down himself.


Just waiting on Tiann's actions.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

I made a Knowledge: Religion roll to try to identify the statue. I figured the 10 meant "no clue" as usual. If I can't identify who it is I'll shrug and descend.


OK! Everybody descends, and you make your way to the edge of the mountain range, where it quickly turns to bog almost as quickly as it warms up. Night is falling just as you reach the edge, and you can set up camp here before you get into the 6 mile section of bog (which will slow you down again).

Tal and Jory:
You feel a surge of warmth in your body, helping ward off the cold. You feel lucky. You get a +1 luck bonus on saving throws to resist the effects of a dragon's breath weapon up to three times in the future.

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Once the group finds a suitable spot Tal drops his pack and begins to set up camp. He finishes off his daily trail rations and offers to take the first watch.

-1 rations

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"Another night camping, I hope it won't be so chilly."

Jory whistles as he helps set up camp. At night he draws a picture of Tiann being pulled up to the ledge.

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak nods to Tal as the group sets up for the evening. He stays in his armor until it's time to rest, then dons it again for his watch....he offers to take the second shift.


Another uneventful night. You set off the next morning into the bog, and the going is very slow...

Thick blobs of fog dance in between large thickets as the foul stench of swamp gas pollutes the air. Several exotic species of vines twist along the vapor-shrouded path, creating an ethereal seeming tangle. At random intervals, a splash of fetid water sounds in the distance, signaling the presence of frogs or other bog creatures.

A thick fog coats the ground and marsh waters to a height of 1 foot. The fog does not affect visibility, other than at ground level. Because of the thick muck and the many snags and shallow pools hidden by the fog, you face a hazardous journey.

Hour 1, everybody make an acrobatics check please. :)

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak curses the fog and the pools every step of the way, his heavy, armor-fronted boots and greaves getting stuck in the mire and making loud slurping sounds with each step.

Crap...acrobatics
1d20 - 4 ⇒ (16) - 4 = 12

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Acrobatics? Bah.

Joining Karzak in swears (though in her native dialect rather than what she suspects is Dwarven), Tiann stumbles every (quite) often and does a much worse job than Karzak at keeping her footing.

Acrobatics: 1d20 - 6 ⇒ (4) - 6 = -2

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

As Jory nimbly dances over the mire, he quickly doubles back to help Tiann pull here feet out of the muck, occasionally without shoes.

"Bogs have been known to eat the shoes of the unwary." Jory winks at Tiann.

Acrobatics1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


Hour 1 Jake acro: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (14) - 2 = 12

The DC is 12 (lucky melee types).

Tiann trips and falls, inhaling some of the thick miasma that covers everything.

1d4 ⇒ 4, 1d2 ⇒ 2

Tiann perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Tiann fort: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Tiann:
2 leeches have attached to you. Knowledge(nature) (even untrained) would be good here.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

"Tiann, I am told lots of healing agents come from swamps. Hopefully that stuff you swallowed is good for you." Jory comments hopefully.
Jory also spends time making sure the escortee is doing ok too. Tiann still remains Jory's primary concern, and he rushes to help her up and point out possible slippery places ahead. Hoping to give her +2 for seeing it successfully done.

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Tiann chokes and unwillingly gulps down some of the swamp miasma. When she stumbles to her feet, she notices there are leeches attached to her. She lets out a scream and tries to get them off.

haha, knowledge. That's funny. :) Knowledge: Nature 1d20 ⇒ 13

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Talhaearn raises an eyebrow as Tiann dances a little jig, then realizes that she's simply trying to shake off some leeches.

Jory...maybe dabbing those leeches with a little bit of ink will cause them to drop off? Or it might give Tiann a somewhat abstract looking tattoo...


You know enough about leeches to realize pulling them off will hurt but get rid of them, salt would remove them painlessly.

After a few minutes, the leeches finish their meal and drop off on their own.

Take 2 con damage Tiann. Any healing will fix this.


Everybody go ahead and roll acrobatics for hour 2 please so we can roleplay it. When I get home tonight I'll roll the rest of the hours in the day.

Grand Lodge

M Dwarf [AC: 18; ff 17; T:18] HP=43/43 F +8/R+7/W+12 CMD 23 Ki 10/10 Monk (Zen Archer)/5 Perc +14/stone +16 Darkvision 60' per strike 5/5

Acrobatics as needed (Jory will take -2 to help Tiann if allowed)

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Silver Crusade

F Human Cleric/1

Sighing and muttering, Tiann decides it's probably safer to remove her armor and stay in the back rather than trip and stumble the rest of the way.

Acrobatics: 1d20 ⇒ 3 ... Seriously?

Grand Lodge

Male Dwarf Barbarian Armored Hulk / 1

Karzak snorts at the sight, then clamps his mouth shut with a gulp, realizing that he was only barely more nimble than Tiann in an environment like this. He uses as much care as a heavily armored, thickly muscled dwarf can muster.

Acrobatics
1d20 - 4 ⇒ (1) - 4 = -3

Grand Lodge

Half Elf Rogue [8] | HP 67 | AC 22 T 15 FF 18 | F +5 R +10 W +5 | CMB +10 CMD 25 | Init +5 Perc +14 (low light)

Tal watches the leeches detach themselves from Tiann and continues on. He hears no small amount of splashing behind him.

Acrobatics 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

1,101 to 1,150 of 1,435 << first < prev | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fnord's PFS First Steps All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.