Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


1,401 to 1,450 of 2,091 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" looks down at Mishael's glazed eyes and says, "Now Mishael be a good girl come with me and forget all about eating human flesh. Come along." He motions for Silas to let go of her to see what happens.

Well if it didn't work at least we got a crappy roll out of the way.


Mishael doesn't seem to hear Bloody's words. She takes her piece of flesh and dunks it in the water, then consumes it in the alcove like the others. However, like Suny, her mouth does not turn black after she is done. She comes out of her daze when she eats the last bite and is aware of her recent meal.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Oh no, guess it got me too. She spits to the side of the hallway. Don't suppose you have a spell to get that out of my mouth."


Perc:+9,

Suny tucks the remains of Mishael's clothes behind her back and tries to look completely innocent.

Bluff:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"Oh aye! T'were terrible how ye went all ravenous...an' crazy...an' were tearin' yer clothes off...an', an'...stuff..."

*Suny growls (Rrarr!) and makes clawing motions* Then notices said linen cloth and tucks her hands behind her back again.

"*Cough* Um, I got's a handkerchief...?" Suny steps closer and offers Mishaele a large square of material helpfully. (^_^)

I guess my idea din't get a go, then...


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"I'm sorry Mishael, but my magic isn't able to remove the taste, well not until I can ask My Lady of Vengeance for help in such a matter. But I have a question, do you think we should blacken our lips to make it look like we have eaten and drunk of the evil ritual?"


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael looks down at the remnants of her clothes and Suny and just shakes her head, "Karsielle, your guess is as good as mine. Either true worshippers all partake, in which case their lips would be blackened. Or they are immune. I think your guess is right and that we should blacken ours to help disguise ourselves. Flag, I don't suppose you have any spells to help me clean up and perhaps darken our lips as well?"


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"Artued" thinks for a moment then snaps his fingers as he figures a solution and pulls out an ornate boxe of various make ups, wigs, and facial hair. "No need for magic on the disguise end, I got just the stuff to darken your lips. Let me see on the clean up for all of you." he waves his hand in the air casting Prestidigitation to clean there mouths from that taste. Then will apply dark lips for any body that wants them.

Disguise:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Thanks Flag. My stomach may still be turning, but at least you got that taste out of my mouth. Thanks for the lovely make-up too. Let's see what we've got up next." When everyone else is ready, Mishael joins the group to head further in, retaking her position behind Flag and Silas.


Perc:+9,

Suny giggles softly as 'Artueds' spell tingles in her mouth,

"Taste like cinnamon..." she whispers. (^_^)

Suny nods in agreement with 'Artueds' suggestion of the blackened lips, allowing him to place his make-up upon her face.

Seeing Mishael's looks Suny does blush, looking abashed and slightly embarrassed. She steps closer to Karsielle and seems to even be trying to hide behind the Cleric.

"I were jus' tryin' t' help ye out aginst the nasty spell..." She mutters into her shoulder. Suny quickly stuffs the ags where ever she can, into her belt..into Karsielle's belt or pockets...as the group begins to move onwards.

Aye, ready t'get back at them whut done us harm!


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle watches Suny in her jovial mood, yet she only grimaces at her giggling, In this place where their body and souls are assaulted by evil, a somber approach is needed, but I guess its just Suny's natural optimistic outlook. I just cannot see it. The cleric hangs her head, eyes to the ground as she follows the others forward, silently keeping her thoughts to herself.


Perc:+9,

At her companions rebuke Suny does pause and lower her head,

"I jus', thet spell...it done tickled..." She tries to explain quietly.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"No worries, my little water nymph," Silas says while massaging his arms. "I think it's about time we pay these nasty cannibals a visit with some steel."


My computer is down at work so I haven't been able to post. I'll get something up for you soon. Keep on your toes!


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"I'm glad your spirits are back up, now let us proceed." He packs away his kit and readies to move.


After gathering their wits, the group proceeds down the hallway. Making their way to the far end, all can see a raised dais ends in a curved wall engraved floor to ceiling with flowing runes as it comes into light. As soon as the light hits the far wall, two cultist jump out and move for an attack Their surprise round, they just move into position.

Initiatives please!

Here is the Map for the beginning of Round 1. To make it easier, I'm going to count the squares with a wall in a small part of them as being full sized, no penalty squares. The columns do provide cover though.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Init:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Perc:+9,

Imitative:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11


Silas initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Karsielle initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

rolls:

cc: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
cr: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Initiative:
Cultist(r)
Mishael
Suny
Silas
Bloody
Karsielle
Cultist(c)

One of the cultists is very quick, he gets into position next to Silas and swings at him with his kukri before Silas has a chance to comprehend the situation.

Kukri: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The cultist misses with his attack and makes a loud hissing noise at the blonde ranger.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Seems like an unpleasant sort you've found there Silas. Hey Flag! Why don't we gang up on this one for a moment and then we'll take yours. Think you can slip in behind our hissing friend here and give me a hand?"

Mishael steps around the pillar and waits for Flag to move into position on the other side of the cultist.

Moving L12-K12-K13 and readies an action to slash at the cultist when Flag takes a 5-foot step into M15 (which shouldn't provoke)

Attack (+1 cutlass, flanking) 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17
Damage (+1 cutlass, dirty fighting, cultist) 1d6 + 3 + 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 3 + (4) + 2 = 10


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1|Perc+5|AC:15,17T:14,16FF:11,13(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa))|HP18/18|F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)|Init+3

When she can

Sunny skips to M-11, drawing her short swords and awaiting the move of the other nasty guy/girl/thing...


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

The mask of "Artued" melts away revealing local serial killer Bloody Flag. "Petty Pawns! Do you truly wish to join your current playthings! If not run and you may live a little longer!" He says with a vile tone at the Cultist(I13).

Intimidate:1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23


Waiting on Silas and Karsielle's actions.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Quick as a whip, Silas draws his blades and strikes back at the cultist. His sword thrusts, parries, and drives the kukri high while the dagger goes in for the kill.

Longsword:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Dagger:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Damage:1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

If you see the other discussion thread you will see where I mistakenly posted this first and the dice roll. If you want I'll do it again.

Karsielle moves forward and uses her whip, attempting to trip the cultist attacking Silas.

Trip attempt (CMB) 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Mishael, you can't move more than 5' and then ready an action. I'll assume you just got into position and attempted to hit the cultist this round. Mishael moves into position against one of the cultists and swings her cutlass. It hits true and the cultist lets out a gasp when it makes contact. 6 points of damage, no dirty fighting this round.

Suny moves up. Silas is able to slash the cultist twice. Already bloody from Mishael's cutlass, the cultist hits the wall behind him and slumps to the floor, his guts spilling out.

Bloody fills the other cultist with dread, who is then tripped by Karsielle (I had her attack this one since the other was dead).

The cultist attempts to cast while splayed on the floor. He raises his symbol and mumbles some word but is too distracted to get it off (failed his cast defensively check).

rolls:
cc1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Round 2
Initiative:
Mishael
Suny
Silas
Bloody
Karsielle
Cultist(c)

Map at the beginning of Round 2. The first cultist is dead and the square his body is in counts as difficult terrain (where the triangle is shown). The remaining cultist is prone, so he is -4 to AC.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Sorry about that, remembered the first part of the paragraph, but not that bit on movement further down. I'm pretty sure I can move to P14 as follows: L13-M13-N14-O15-P14. Probabkly incurring an AoO from out cultist buddy and some terrible effect from the altar.

Mishael acknowledges Silas and Karsielle as she races toward the other cultist, dancing around Silas and Flag. "Nice take down of both scumbags guys, let's go get the one who still has his parts intact."
Acrobatics to move past cultist 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15 Note moving at full speed increases the DC by 10 so its his CMD +10.
Attack (+1 cutlass) 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
Damage (+1 cutlass, cultist) 1d6 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 2 = 8


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1|Perc+5|AC:15,17T:14,16FF:11,13(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa))|HP18/18|F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)|Init+3

Sunny looks to Karsielle to see if her Elven friend wishes to finish the fallen cultist.

Should just be something like a 5' step for her to N-12, no?


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle smiles as the cultist hits the floor and she pulls her whip back. "He's all yours people, do as you will." An evil grin crosses her face, "See how he enjoys being the next meal." She watches as her friends make merry.

She will only act if the cultist is still alive after her friends have gone, then she uses the whip again.
Scorpion Whip attack 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Scorpion Whip damage 1d4 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0 min of 1 damage
Not very well this time it would seem.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Bloody looks down at the man and sneers at him, "This one is too weak for my taste." He waves his hand at him and sidesteps out of the way. "Make it quick."

After he moves away the cultist is surrounded by hushed laughter of childern.

Move to K15 and casts ghost sounds.


The sound of laughing children washes over the room, making an eerie contrast with the sight of the two cannibalistic cultists wearing skeleton masks. Silas sees an opportunity to finish the cultist, who's luck has failed, struggling on the ground.

Longsword: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Dagger: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

He makes contact easily, the cultist unable to put up much of a defense. As the cultist's blood spills onto the floor, a wave of empathy washes over Silas and he feels dizzy for a moment. It passes and then he is himself again.

Two cultists dead. The rest of the room is empty other than the dais at the end. The two doors are shut.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle picks up the masks and offers them to her companions, "BF, do these things have any properties we should know about, or are they just what they seem?" Be quick we should move on as fast as we can.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Detect Magic and spellcraft:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"I think you're right Karsielle. Let's keep moving. Door on the right next?"


Perc:+9,

"Here, Silas. You feelin' okay...?" She whispers quietly to her friend. Before looking at the mask offered by Karsielle and shakes her head in the negative as to wanting one, glancing down at her nekkid brown self.

Then, with blades still held st the ready, Suny pads quietly over to the door indicated by Mishael.

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"That was...unpleasant," Silas says while shaking his head. He makes a face as though trying to get rid of an unpleasant smell.


Karsielle takes off the mask from one of the cultist. The face exposed is that of a human male who looks to be in his twenties.

Without doing much searching, one cultist is carrying a MW morningstar with etchings carved into the grip that resemble some of those on the surrounding walls. He is wearing MW breastplate painted deep black on his body and a necklace holding a symbol of some kind that looks like a single tear or drop of blood.

The other cultist is has a MW kukri with similar etchings and he is wearing black MW studded leather armor. He also has the same necklace as well as a pouch with its leather cord around his neck.

Bloody scans the room for magic but is unable to sense any.

Suny, are you nude? Are you not wearing your armor?


Perc:+9,

Aye! Nekkid as a jay bird! (^_^)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle would have taken both masks.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas checks the corded bag, wondering what this man could have. He also hefts the morningstar, testing it's grip.


Silas Vayn wrote:
Silas checks the corded bag, wondering what this man could have. He also hefts the morningstar, testing it's grip.

The morningstar feels nice in Silas' hand and the etchings are oddly appealing. Silas looks in the pouch and finds a fine black dust.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Bloody exaimines the cultist outfit and there symbols, "Two of you can put on those masks and cloaks. So we can blend in better, nothing is hidden within them magic wise." His outfit shifts into a copy of the cultists, his hat turning into a mask.

disguise:1d20 + 20 ⇒ (19) + 20 = 39


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle picks up the black breastplate, she hits it with her fist feeling how it gives, a sound of satisfaction escapes her lips. "Perhaps I might take this, it may fit and afford me more protection against these devils. Suny can you help me on with this, it seems quite comfortable compared with the half metal plates we trained with at the cathedral." She goes to the side of the room, in a dim shadowy corner and takes off her old tight fitting lether clothes, replacing them with the armor they just found.

Takes a couple of minutes to complete.


Perc:+9,

Watching her companions put on the cultist's clothes, Suny gives a momentary shiver. Though whether from the cold air upon her skin or trepidation none are sure.

At Karsielle's request though Sun's grin returns and she eagerly skips over and helps her friend change.

With some giggling and whispering to be heard...

Once done she skips back out,

"Here, Silas? How much d'ye think ye can carry?" Suny glances at her cultist draped friends. "I in't puttin' any o' that clobber on. No way, no how." She states emphatically, hands upon her hips and a definite shake of her blond head. Then winks,

"But! We's a lot of fabric an' leather an' stuffs left over...So I think I come up with another idea." (^_~)


Let me know who puts on a cultist mask. Silas, let me know if you want to take the morningstar. Also, let me know if you (or anyone else) wants to check out the black powder in the cultist's pouch. Karielle, be sure to update you character sheet with the new properties of your armor. Mishael is aat Gencon, so if she'd like to take anything else I'll give her the chance once she gets back.

At the end of the hall there is a door to the left and a door to the right. Let me know which who checks the doors and give me Perceptions please.


Perc:+9,

Suny has the idea that she can be presented as a 'captive' by these 'cultists'. (^_^)


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

I have time for a short post this morning, then back to gaming :)

"Silas, I'm not sure if its better for me to go in disguise or you. I'm sure they'd know I'm not one of their cultists if I don't so its either prisoner or in costume for me."

Mishael goes to listen at the door.
Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Mishael is willing to don the disguise if Silas isn't, even though bad things may happen...her Wisdom isn't all that hot.


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas obviously isn't comfortable with being in disguise, and he'll say so. He does appreciate the morningstar, however, and ties it to his right side on his belt. He shifts his dagger sheath to sit under his sword on his left side. I'll need to practice thosereverse grip techniques.

With extra care, he tastes the black powder in the neck bag.

Perception:1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21


Perc:+9,

Suny shifts over so that Mishael can listen at the door as well.

"Here, I think ye'd make a fetchin' prisoner." Suny confides in her friend quietly.

"Much like m'self be planin' t'be." (^_^)


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle screws her face up as the mask nears her blemish free face. She once more checks that there are no magical properties to the cloak and necklace, before putting them on, hoping it will complete the disguise. "ready how do I look?"

Uses detect magic on the cloak and necklace.

1,401 to 1,450 of 2,091 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.