Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Salsa's Curse of the Crimson Throne (Inactive)

Game Master AdamWarnock

Current Map


151 to 200 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>

RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map
Dreqar Soriano wrote:
I swear I need glasses.

Or cleaner eyeballs. :P


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Sorry for the delay, Sometimes I don't think clearly.

With the orc down, Waydon makes his way to the door and puts an ear up to it.

Waydon:
You hear scuffling, and cursing, and from the sounds of it they're getting ready to open the door. You can give a warning, but that's about it.

Theanna move up to the front door, but stays out of Mercy's way. Then the Door by Waydon opens up revealing the room beyond and it's occupants.

"Aw f~%#, it's tha guard!"

They spent this round getting ready to get out, Your turn.
Init Order:
Dreqar: 18
Veklen: 16 +
Arianna: 16 -
Waydon: 14
Theanna: 12
The GOON Squad: 9
Mercy: 5
Kishta: 3


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar moves behind Waydon and stares at the person in the doorway in front of him. "Oh hello there." He cheerfully addresses the guy infront of Waydon and then casts his Acid Splash cantrip on the guy.

ranged vs touch

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

damage

1d3 ⇒ 2


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Arianna moves to the corner of the room where she can make eye contact with the fool in the next room. The young woman's eyes darken as she lets out a nearly inaudible hiss, directing her displeasure toward the man in the doorway.

Actions:
Evil Eye: -2 to AC for six rounds, a successful DC13 Will save will limit this penalty to 1 round.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Hmmm, I think I got lapped. If it's all right I'll go ahead and take my move action from last turn to advance to the door, but wait for my next turn for any other actions (especially since the door was still closed at that point).


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

I changed your action to go after the dog, since is was up and no longer flatfooted. I didn't think you wanted the AoO.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8
DM-Salsa wrote:
I changed your action to go after the dog, since is was up and no longer flatfooted. I didn't think you wanted the AoO.

D'oh! You even said that before, too. I moved myself back the entire 10', and will now patiently await my turn.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen steps to the door next to him. He looks at the people crowded around the other door and shakes his head. He simply pulls his sword back in preparation.

Actions:
5 foot step, then ready an attack if one of the enemies opens the other door.


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Waydon swings on the thug in front of him and baits him into the room but taking a sly step to the side.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 121d10 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

actions:
Waydon attacks and takes a five foot step.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

GM Screen:
Hookshanks Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 Fails -2 to AC
HP: 17

Giggles: Attack Dreqar: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
- Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
HP: 15

Yargin: UMD: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Fizzle

HP: 11


Dreqar's spell misses and sizzles into the bed behind the urchin with a mouth like a sailor's. He's about to let out a curse when his eyes meet Arianna's and just barely manages to avoid having Waydon attempt to hew him in twain.

"G-gig-g-g-gi-gi-gi-giggl-gi"

"EheheheheHEHAHAHAHAHAHA! Hookshanks is scared s&%&less by a li'l girl!"

Another half-orc, that looks to be the brother of the one on the floor, steps out of the room and tries to wallop Dreqar. Despite the magus' best efforts, the blow manages to glance of his shoulder, and almost send him spinning to the floor.

"Get out of the way you useless pile of poo!"

Another man appears in the doorway and tries to activate a wand, but by the stream of profanity coming from him a second later, it looks like it fizzled.

No AoO's from Waydon, both enemies had cover. Dreqar takes 6 points of bludgeoning damage.


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar grunts being hit so hard bringing the seriousness of the fight to him, he quickly taps his fingers along his blade bestowing his power, (arcane pool: swift action +1 enhancement for 1 minute) then turns on his attacker and snarls out a magic missle spell while lashing out with his charged rapier.

attack

1d20 + 3 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 2 + 1 = 18

damage

1d6 - 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 + 1 = 6

magic missile damage

1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Half-orc Magus 2
Dreqar Soriano wrote:
"Call my friend a b~!*~ one more time" Dreqar threatens as his ears flatten down he runs two fingers down the blade of his rapier, tapping into his arcane pool, enchanting his blade. He walks up to the hurt half orc and strikes at him.

Just letting you know you already enchanted it for 1 minute


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen growls as he watches the men come through the door. He shakes his head, then begins the motions to cast his spell. He points it at the half-orc. Then Veklen quickly steps forward and swings before the half-orc can react.

Actions:
Spell combat: Cast Frost Ray then take a 5' step and attack.

Ray of Frost:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
1d3 ⇒ 2

Attack:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

If you need to catch your breath back out and let the paladin into the melee.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Kishta had always been a loner before, her battles being either one-on-one 'duels' (if you could justify beat-downs with such a name) or her facing off against many. The brutal efficiency of her compatriots combat skills was breathtaking.

I think the best thing I can do for them is get out of the way, she thought as she swung around to the far side of the desk. Although maybe I can ensure our opponents get in each other's way.

Kishta makes a simple gesture with her left hand, hoping to influence the wand-wielder.

Kishta casts Unwitting Ally on the man in the doorway with the wand. If he fails a DC13 Will save, he will count as our ally for Flanking purposes. (Which will help Dreqar, or anyone else in his space.) It only lasts for a round, but until the logjam at the door eases up, assume that's my action every round.

actions:

Move Action: move next to Arianna
Standard Action: Cast Unwitting Ally


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Just PM'd Mercy, so hopefully we still have most everybody.

Will: 1d20 ⇒ 13 makes it.


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeemer] of Sarenrae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4, R+2, W+4 | Perc +3, Darkvision 60ft, Init +3

Sorry gang - am on a workcourse this week until Thursday - pretty full on so am bushed and don't have time to post during the day at all - Please DMPC if necessary as I don't want to hold things up... normal service will be resumed :)

Mercy continues to hang back, the tight spaces and brawling don't benefit her sweeping style of fighting.

actions:

Move to left hand wall of room... Keep ready to step in if necessary...


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Alrighty, You weren't holding anything up, just worried you dropped off the face of the planet. Arianna to go then it's the Goons.


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Feeling that her companions have the half-orc well in hand, Arianna glares at the human behind him, slowly waving her finger back and forth.

Actions:
Slumber hex, DC 13


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

GM Screen:

Yargin:
Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 KO

Dreqar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Giggles:
1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 2 - 4 = 3
1d20 + 2 - 5 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 5 = 7
1d20 + 2 - 6 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 6 = -3
1d20 + 2 - 7 ⇒ (17) + 2 - 7 = 12Stablizes
1d20 + 2 - 8 ⇒ (19) + 2 - 8 = 13
1d20 + 2 - 9 ⇒ (11) + 2 - 9 = 4
1d20 + 2 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 2 - 10 = 6
1d20 + 2 - 11 ⇒ (6) + 2 - 11 = -3
1d20 + 2 - 12 ⇒ (1) + 2 - 12 = -9
1d20 + 2 - 13 ⇒ (13) + 2 - 13 = 2

Dreqar and Veklen quickly bring down the burly half-orc as the human behind him falls asleep suddenly and collapses to the ground. The last goon, the urchin that must be hookshanks collapses in a blubbering heap seeing that he has no way out.

"P-p-please don't kill me! I-i-i-i'll tell you anythin' you want!"

End of initiative.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Gustag:
You wake up to a lot of shouting and crashing in a small room with doors at either end. Light comes under the one where all the noise is being made. After a few seconds, all is silent. You are bound, and it feels like your missing most of your gear, save your armor, but you are not gagged.

The room you are in occupies the two squares above Arianna


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

"Is their a child here that resembles me? If so where is he? And where is Lamm? Speak fast or pain follows."
Wadyon strides forward and displays his sword to the urchin.

Intimidate
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14


Male Dwarf Crusader / 1

DM-Salsa:
Gustag grunts at his surroundings, then squints at the light under the door until his eyes adjust to a mid-range. After a quick survey around the room, he decides that making his presence known doesn't have much of a change of making his situation worse. When you're bound in an enemy's room in the dark, the situation can only improve. Err...he hoped. He gathers a deep breath and then bellows out in his deep, rumbling bass.

Hullo! Seems someone trussed me up like a boar! No doubt jus' a misunnerstandin'!

Figure'd I'd put it in a spoiler, as I'm not sure how much you want to share with the others yet.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Perception DC 5:
You hear a muffled yell coming from the door by Arianna.

"Hullo! Seems someone trussed me up like a boar! No doubt jus' a misunnerstandin'!"


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10

Hearing a muffled voice, Arianna cracks open the door beside her to see who is speaking.


Male Dwarf Crusader / 1

From where he lay on the floor of the small, unlit room, a stout dwarf squints at the new light thrust upon him. He snorts from some hidden place within a nest of thick, black braids that seem to sprout out from his head, chin, and lips all at once. The dwarf props his massive girth up on a tree trunk of a forearm (no small feat, with his arms tied behind his back), and lets out a low whistle.

My, well, ye sure are a sight for an 'ol dwarf like meself! Can't say I expected a shinin' maiden for me savior...think ye can do 'ol Gustag a favor an' loosen up 'ese knots, girlie?


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

LOL! That was brilliant. I've got a character that could learn a thing or two from Gustag it seems.


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar sheathes his sword and moves his fingers back and forth as if contemplating a spell, "I would listen to this man here. Unless you want to be flayed alive." The catfolk smirks and taps his claws against the wall.

Using aid another to help Waydon's Intimidate


F Human (Varisian) CG Witch L3 | AC12 (16) T12 FF10 (14) | HP17/17 | F+2 R+5 W+4(+6) | Init+2 | Perc+3

Arianna glances back toward her companions, seeing that Dreqar and Waydon have things well in hand before entering the room with the bound dwarf.

"Being all tied up in here, I can't imagine you and Lamm are exactly friendly toward one another." she says, loosening the ties that bind Gustag.

"Well met Gustag. I'm Arianna. Let's get you untied here, and then you can meet the others."


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

I'll have the map updated tonight. I don't have my tablet with me right now. BY the way, anyone trussing up the guy on the floor taking a snoozle?

Waydon Cordus wrote:

"Is their a child here that resembles me? If so where is he? And where is Lamm? Speak fast or pain follows."

Wadyon strides forward and displays his sword to the urchin.

Intimidate
1d20+6

"Y-yes! 'E's in tha back Through tha door to tha side. That's where all of tha little bas- I mean poor little kids sleep."

Between Waydon's threat, Dreqar's implied threat, and Arianna's hex, the poor guy is about to pee his pants.


Male Dwarf Crusader / 1

Gustag grunts noncommittally at the mention of his allegiance. He gets his thick legs under his ponderous bulk and stands with no small amount of creaking and snapping. With a wide smile that seems to encompass his entire face, he offers a hand for the shaking.

A fine thing ta' meet ye, Arianna. I'm Gustag Kegswiller, and am in yer debt, young miss. Ain't seen a bunch a' stuff 'round 'ere anywhere, 'ave ye? Big 'ol hammer, shiny shield, an' me sundries. He looks down, sheepishly. Fraid I ain't much a' sight without all me gear...just a fat 'ol dirty dwarf!

He offers a wink at that, even going so far as to run a hand over his ample belly to prove it. He glances beyond Arianna and into the larger room. Whaddya' 'ave there?


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Gustag:
Don't forget, You had a friend (Well comrade) that you have no idea where she is right now. Just making sure you didn't forget.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

MAP

Okay Gustag is placed and I have the next few rooms drawn out. What is everyone doing?


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar steps up to the wand wielder and takes the wand off the body. "Don't think you'll be needing this."

Perception to see if I here Gustag talking about needing his gear. If I do I look in the goons room for it, if not I'm moving away from the door towards Mercy and examining the wand.

Perception:

1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Spellcraft on wand:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

You do. There's nothing in the room besides beds. The wand is a Wand of Acid Splash with 27 charges left.
And it looks like I goofed. The man should have been up after one round, I'll just say he wanted a little nap and slept for a minute. THe urchin is also nit under the Evil Eye hex anymore, but he's not about to do anything. Anyone looting the bodies?

The man on the floor stirs and wakes up after Dreqar grabs his wand, He looks around and reaches for something in his jacket, seeing the eyes of everyone else in the room upon him, he gently begins pulling out three vials and grinning sheepishly.

"Ehehehehe. I guess I shall not be needing these any time soon."


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

Waydon stabs him in the chest
 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 151d10 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

He was basically surrendering. I know I failed to make that clear, but are you sure you want to do that?


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Veklen wipes his sword on the cloak of the half-orc beneath him. He puts his sword back in its sheath and begins to search the half-orcs, looking to Waydon to deal with the sleeping man. If you need some rope for him, I brought some along.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

Does Kishta recognize any of the people we defeated?

Kishta advances on the man who used to have the wand. The best way to get the children out of here quickly is going to be keeping everyone calm, and getting the leaders among them to give the orders.

"So the kids are back there, huh? Who do they listen to? Who are the enforcers? Any traps or alarms we should know about?" Kishta stretches up to her full height and smiles at him wickedly. "And where's old Gaedren sleeping these days? We'll want to pay him a visit."

Intimidate check: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21


Male Human Cavalier Honor Guard/Strategist

sorry I thought he was an alchemist pulling out bombs or something nefarious because he snickered, I won't stab his ass.


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

Mercy and Kishta:
You recognize the two Half-orcs as Giggles and Sniffles. The man that Waydon may or may not have just stabbed is Yargin, and it looks like he's wearing the same clothes he had when the two of you ran off. Surprisingly, you also recognize the urchin, Hookshanks, though if he really is an urchin he should be much taller now. These guys are Lamm's cronies and enforcers.

Veklen finds the half-orc brothers have a set of leather armor, a light shield, and a flail each.

Hookshanks' eyes bug out as they fall on Mercy and Kishta when the latter asks her question.

"Ye two? I thought ye was dead!"


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map
Waydon Cordus wrote:
sorry I thought he was an alchemist pulling out bombs or something nefarious because he snickered, I won't stab his ass.

Nope just pulling out vials of acid and setting them down. He was going to throw one, but values his skin more than Lamm's.

The man, Whom Mercy and Kishta recognize finishes placing the vials on the floor beside him and slowly draws a dagger like he was picking up some disgusting thing and places it carefully next to the vials. All the while laughing nervously.


Female Human (Shoanti) Bard (Arcane Duelist) 1 - hp 8/8

"No Hooks, not dead, and not feeling patient either. We're here to get these children someplace safe, and to settle some old scores. Hey Merce!" Kishta looks over her shoulder at the paladin. "Did we have any scores to settle with Yargin, or Hooks here? I could start by collecting their teeth."


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeemer] of Sarenrae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4, R+2, W+4 | Perc +3, Darkvision 60ft, Init +3

Mercy smiles mirthlessly;

"We have scores to settle with them all Kish... however should they give us Lamm, we may be... lenient..."

The paladin steps foward to stand by her friends shoulder, scimitar playing in her armoured hand.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


Male Catfolk Magus 2

Dreqar stares at his new wand of Acid Splash for a moment before tucking it away. "Yeah Veklen, tie em' tight. If they tell us everything and it checks out...might not tell the guard..." he shrugs as if not making a promise, but trying to be nice.


Male Dwarf Crusader / 1

Gustag grunts at the interrogation of the guard. He smiles widely at Arianna as he gently pushes past her and into the larger room. His face takes on a stony look of resolve, and he cracks the knuckles of his massive hands.

Look fellas' - I know ya' just found me in tha' room there, but I got a thing 'er two ta' ask too. First... He moves closer to the man, assuming no one will bar his way. ...I need ma' gear back; where is it. And...second...where's tha' girl I came in here with? I heard yer friends laughin' bout takin' 'er down below. Ya' harmed a blond hair on 'er head and I'll be crackin' more than me knuckles.

Intimidate, if he isn't scared enough already1d20 ⇒ 5


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

"I didn't touch her. I swear I didn't!" He's not scared of you, he's scared of the two magi, the paladin and the bard. ;)

Hookshanks squeaks as Veklen starts tying him up, already down with Yargin.

"Yer gear's in the office. That door right there." He nods his head over to the door behind Dreqar, since Veklen is currently tying his hands behind his back.

Okay, I leave tomorrow, so no guarantees on posting until late Sunday.


Male Half-orc Magus 2

Now the other questions. Children? Traps? Lamm? Quickly before I lose my patience. Veklen pulls tightly as he ties the man's hands, punctuating his point. After a moment Veklen glances at the newcomer, then he adds as an afterthought, Oh, and don't forget to tell us where the girl he's asked about is.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


RotRL: battle map || The Shadow Queen: Battle Map

"GAH! Th-the children are in the back. There's no traps an' the ulfen bit- I mean girl is below with Lamm! Giggles an' Sniffles knocked her an' the dwarf out an' sent her below."

Everything comes out in a rush and he seems on the verge of panic.

"Y-you aren't going to kill me, are you?"


Female Half Orc Paladin [Redeemer] of Sarenrae 1 | HP 12/12 | AC 17/12/15 | F+4, R+2, W+4 | Perc +3, Darkvision 60ft, Init +3

Mercy looms over the craven fool;

"You have my word as a servant of the Dawnflower that we shall not kill you... but you shall remain bound and..."

The paladin slides the edge of her scimitar under his chin;

"... cooperative until all is resolved... Now is Lamm in his cups? Does he have designs upon the Ulfen maid? Speak true Shanks!"

151 to 200 of 398 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Salsa's Curse of the Crimson Throne All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.