Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends


DM Helamans Master of the Fallen Fortress (Inactive)

Game Master Helaman

This is for Game Stuff


51 to 100 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Need to do another round. 1 to go... standby

Raul +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Coor +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Haddasah +3 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Flinders +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Dogs +1 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Jorin +2 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 (Reset to 2)

Map should be up

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai 6, HP:39/39, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

If still attacking by my turn...

Jorin is irritated by his miss and takes careful aim for another swing.

Swing 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, if hit damage 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Edit: looks like I whiffed it again. {sigh}

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

Just updating just in case I not online.

Coor steps forward to N7 raises his hand tossing acid at the dog again.

Acid Splash RT 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 3 - 4 = 8

Acid Damage 1d3 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Grumbling quietly about bad luck, Hadassah surges foreward on her mount again, directing the animal to attack another dog.

Moving around the edge of the debris (I think) P6, P7, P8 and attacking D1 in O9

To Hit (Bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22
Damage, if Hit: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


The dog goes down with a yelp as another dog lies yelping loudly - badly injured but not bleeding out.

The gaping floor level of the tower awaits your entry.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai 6, HP:39/39, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Jorin puts the mangy mongrels out of their misery then walks over to look in the hole before going in.

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Hmm... Looks like it could be dark in there. I'm willing to lead if someone can provide a light source.

I just realized Jorin never bought anything for light. Not even a feakin torch. grr...
Raul, I don't mind leading. But if you want to, that is also ok.

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

Let's walk by twos, you & I taking the front.
"Aye, let's go in together."
With that, Raul mumbles a prayer and light springs forth from his armor. He walks next to Jorin as they enter the hole together, weapons drawn.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

I don't have a torch, but I have this... Hadassah mutters a couple strange words.

Light at the head of your horse chopper

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai 6, HP:39/39, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Excellent! Let us proceed.

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Flinders falls in behind Raul. Let us be off. I can almost sense the relics.

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

"Agreed, lets be off. One of you should put down that last dog though. It is cruel to leave it suffering up here all alone. The carrion animals will get it soon, and it will be slow and painful if no one helps."

Dassah falls in line behind the large warriors, keeping an eye out for any other signs of trouble.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

"Indeed, let's get this expedition going."

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai 6, HP:39/39, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

I already put down the dogs before I went to look in the opening.

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Coor and Hadassah, do you want me to take rear guard? Not that I'm really major melee. Perhaps Jorin with reach weapon?


The northern wing of the tower seems to have escaped the worst effects of the collapse, but rubble still litters the floor and everything is covered in a thick layer of stone dust. Thick cobwebs cloak the ceiling and hang down the walls like gossamer tapestries. A single archway stands open in the southwest wall.

The way south, beyond the exit is blocked by rubble or at the best is difficult to move through but the way north seems open, albeit covered in webs.

Haddassah - Please update your character profile so I can see HPs, AC, Perception etc like the others. Check the others profiles for how they've done it

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Updated. Yes please, I think someone needs to be rear guard, and I am not a guard type.

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

yes that would be great

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Jorin, I would suggest you take rear guard due to your polearm's reach and I have a higher Perception mod., but if want front, I'll take back.

Flin begins to excitedly scan the central chamber
Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai 6, HP:39/39, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Not a problem.

Jorin let's the group pass by so he can take station at the rear of the group and guard their backs.

Watch your footing as well as the ceiling. It doesn't look to stable in there.

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

Coor gets into place in the middle of the group, looking around at this dusty entry hall. "At least it look like there are no current residents."

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Flin gushes with enthusiasm, speaking more to himself than anyone else. You know this tower is quatrefoil design, that means four overlapping equal circles, kind of like a four-leaf clover. The design leaves few places for siege engines to exploit and no blind spots for the defenders. I wonder how stable it is after its collapse. I'm trying to remember who is thought to originally have built it.He prattles on, mumbling to himself.
Know. Engineering: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Know. History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Know. Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

"So," Raul begins, "To the giant man-eating spiders?" he says, gesturing towards the hall with the webs, "or to the mysterious doorway of doom?" he says, waving his sword in the other direction, chuckling to himself.
"If I were choosing, it'd be the spiders."

Grand Lodge

lol


Flinders Offendurr wrote:

Flin gushes with enthusiasm, speaking more to himself than anyone else. You know this tower is quatrefoil design, that means four overlapping equal circles, kind of like a four-leaf clover. The design leaves few places for siege engines to exploit and no blind spots for the defenders. I wonder how stable it is after its collapse. I'm trying to remember who is thought to originally have built it.He prattles on, mumbling to himself.

[dice=Know. Engineering]1d20+4
[dice=Know. History]1d20+7
[dice=Know. Local]1d20+7

It was built, it was thought, in the later part of the Golden Age of Absolom. Like many buildings of that era they are very resistant to age and weathering as well as attempts to bring them down.

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Nothing on the Perception?


My bad - Nothing really to notice here in the chamber where you stand. Its rocky where the wall has crumbled but the walls that stand seem pretty stout still -looking beyond it shows what everyone else sees.

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Dang, gonna wish I had that roll later.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai 6, HP:39/39, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

How high is the ceiling in here? Specifically can we hit something scuttling on the ceiling with melee weapons, my reach pole arm, or will ranged attacks be needed?

I hate spiders. we should eliminate any potential nest of spiders first. Anyone have a torch to throw in the webs?


Unless otherwise noted, ceilings within the Fallen
Fortress are 15 feet high.. reach and missile weapons will do the job

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

"An inspired idea, Jorin. I've a torch or two, but I throw about as well as a Kobold dances."

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Very inspired indeed. Perhaps Coor or Hadassah has a spell that carry a torch to the ceiling.

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

"here let's try this" Coor mimes taking the torch from Raul lifting it towards the ceiling.

he casts Mage Hand While he makes the gesture.

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

"Well alright, that should do fine. I also have a match, but maybe you wizard types don't need such trifles?"

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Here, let me light that for you. Flin lights the torch with his flint and steel.

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

i thought it was lit

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Look sharp now, lest a spider takes offense to us burning down his home, and attack us. Flin begins peering at the ceiling.

Osirion

1/2orc Magus Kensai 6, HP:39/39, AC:17, Touch:15, Flat Footed:12, F:+7, R:+5, W:+6, Init:+2, Perc:+2

Has anyone actually moved into the tower yet? If not...

Jorin steps to the front of the group and get ready to whack anything that comes rushing out.


-Perception-
Jorin 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Flinders 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Coor 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Raul 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Haddassah 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14

The northern wing of the tower seems to have escaped the worst effects of the collapse, but rubble still litters the floor and everything is covered in a thick layer of stone dust. Thick cobwebs cloak the ceiling and hang down the walls like gossamer tapestries. A single archway stands open in the southwest wall.

As you step into the room, torch held high, you scan the ceiling and walls, looking for any spiders. Small spiders skitter from the light occasionally. Web wrapped rats can be seen on the floor or the lower parts of the webbing.

Jorin sees something from the corner of his eye but his reflexes are not fast enough as net of webbing comes from the ceiling.

Spider Web 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

The web smacks into the floor.

You all look up and can see a giant spider in the webs of the ceiling.

-Initiative-
Jorin 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Flinders 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Coor 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Raul 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Haddassah 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Spider 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Spider throws another web at Jorin...

Spider Web 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Entangling him.

You guys are up... map up shortly.

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

What happened to burning the webs?

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Flinders draws his bow and lets an arrow fly toward the spider.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Sorry, didn't look at map first. Moves to D7 then misses with the bow.

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

not too clear on web attacks... can I break someone else's web with a Str check? Or can I standard action cut them loose with a slashing weapon?
Or do I just have to light him up? :D


Flinders Offendurr wrote:

What happened to burning the webs?

You hadn't started burning the webs yet

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Ahh

Osirion

HP:12, AC 12 Touch 12, FF 10, Init +2, Perception: +7, F +2,R +3, W +5, CMB +1, CMD 13 Human Wizard

I didn't think we started burning them just bringing the torch close so we could see

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

One more question and that's it. Is the torch lit and mage hand cast. i.e. cam the webs be burnt now around the spider?

Qadira

Male Human Cleric 3 - HP: 31/31, - AC: 22/T: 13/FF: 21 - Perception: +4 F: +7/R: +3/W: +6 - CMB: +7 - CMD: 18, Speed: 20ft, Init: +2

that should have all been stuff we did before Jorin went in there

Lantern Lodge

Female Human Druid (2) Menhir Savant

Listening to the others discussing the need to burn the webs, as well as noting the presence of the giant spider in the webs upon the ceiling, Hadassah rides forward to a position under the spider Ride, Guide with Knees: 1d20 ⇒ 13, mutters a couple words, and flames jump forward from her fingertips, casts Burning Hands at the wretched creature. Casting Defensively (DC 17): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17.

Grand Lodge

AC22/Touch15/Flat19/CMD23||HP66[66]|Fort:+6;Ref:+11(+13 vs traps);Will:+9|Percept+17(trapspotter)|Init+3 Human Bard(Archaeologist) 9

Flin watches as Hadassah rides up underneath the spider and casts a flaminsg spell. He stares in disbelief
How fascinating, that halfling really has some heart. Though I daresay, this could turn out bad, really bad.

51 to 100 of 643 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Helamans Master of the Fallen Fortress All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.