Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

Corsario's Ire of the Storm

Game Master Corsario

After the heroes arrive in the Sargavan colony of Pridon’s Hearth, the sheriff sends them to check on the local fort. Before the heroes can follow up on the violence discovered there, they must help prepare the town for an unexpected storm.
Fort Breakthrough Map


1 to 50 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Welcome to the game!
The Kaava Cutter, a naval vessel that regularly runs cargo and passengers between Eleder and Port Freedom, makes monthly stops in Pridon’s Hearth and serves as transport for the characters. The Kaava Cutter brings not only them to Pridon’s Hearth, but a couple dozen additional passengers as well.

Annabella Tullia (female half-elf cleric of Shelyn): Garbed in a radiant red dress and a constant glower, Annabella is a priestess of Shelyn, goddess of beauty and love. Annabella watched bitterly as her deity’s faith declined in Sargava, and finally decided to travel south to apply her skills as a painter and sculptor in the new colony of Pridon’s Hearth. She hopes that her work establishing the town’s community spaces will lead to widespread veneration of her goddess.

Gallio Menius (male human aristocrat): A particularly rotund minor noble from Sargava’s capital, Gallio purchased a parcel of land near Pridon’s Hearth and explains his plan to establish a papaya farm to anyone who will listen. A dozen indentured laborers, who spend most of their time guarding boxes of personal effects and farming equipment, accompany the young entrepreneur on what is clearly his first trip away from Eleder.

Mr. Blackwell (male human expert): This sharply dressed man claims to be a prospector coming to assay the mineral wealth around Pridon’s Hearth. In truth, Mr. Blackwell and his six traveling companions are Aspis Consortium agents, arriving thanks to Hamsa Gadd’s request for support. Unknown to Gadd, Blackwell has been ordered to review her role in the original expedition’s failure and eliminate Gadd if he finds her to be at fault.

Umuzu (female human ranger): This Zenj woman hails from deep within the Mwangi Expanse and works as a guide and hunter for traveling caravans and expeditions. Umuzu seeks a new life in Pridon’s Hearth and plans to sell her services as a guide to the exploration teams that set forth from the town. For now, she plans on boarding the nearby Cobalt Eye to guide a small survey team inland toward the nearby Laughing Jungle for a 3-week mapping expedition.

Besides meeting the other characters, you have time to make aquitances with three of the other NPC's (their followers are valid "contacts"). Please let me know which ones (if any) and make the relevant roll (diplomacy, bluff, intimidate, other) to see how you fare with them (you can take 10 on the roll).


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

Gundar leans over the rails and watches as his latest meal leaves his body. This is why dwarves don't sail! he grumbles. Feeling like he is being watched, he turns around and see several members of the crew and other passengers watching, smiling and laughing at him. I was looking for fish! Gundar says unconvincingly, his pallor still a little green. Who knew hat starting a trade route and a church would be so stomach-turning he thinks to himself. Please tell me we will reach Pridon’s Hearth soon! He says to know one in particular as he feels the cook's greasy eggs traveling back up his throat.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

So Gundar will only "make friends" with the other characters?


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

Not at all, but I figured this would be a good way to get started interacting with the other PC's. He will definitely try to cultivate Umuzu's acquaintance to see if she knows anything about the 'Storm kindlers'.


CG Male Elf Bard 2 (HP 18 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+1 R:+6 W:+3 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc:+7)
Resources:
Spells:0th/at will; 1st/3 Performance: 15/15 rounds

Annabella;diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Umuzu;diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Blackwell;diplomacy: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Watching Gundar feed the fish, Damiel chuckles and speaks, "ho master dwarf. If you are going to put chum in the water to feed the fish, you will need a pole or a net to catch them for dinner."

Then on a more serious note, and sotto voce, he softly says, "can I get you some of the watered down fish pee that passes for wine on this ship?"


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

I think you might have given us too much info on Mr. Blackwell. Not sure we should know he is aspis.


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

Flavius will spend a bit of time interacting with the other people on board, but he's clearly in a funk about something, as well as rather edgy.

He will try to interact with the priestess, the entrepreneur and the guide.

as he has no ranks in any of those skills, it's just a basic d20.

Anabella diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 7 He almost completely lacks in common ground here, with not even relevant knowledge skills.

He's more eager to interact with Gallio, since it could be a potential job, as there will be produce to be hauled, and he is experienced in that area.
diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 15

Lastly, he will talk to Umuzu to try to get a feel for what are the good plants and other easy eats for living off the land if he has to.

diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 8

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23
Damiel Morgethain wrote:

[dice=Annabella;diplomacy]d20+3

[dice=Umuzu;diplomacy]d20+3
[dice=Blackwell;diplomacy]d20+3

Damiel approaches some of the passengers to know them better.

Annabella shows him some sketches and tells him about her dreams to make Pridon's Hearth a nicer place.
Umuzu, hastily, ignores most of his comments and keeps to herself.
Mr. Blackwell asks Damiel if he knows about the zone and his history, and ignores him after realizing he don't.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23
Ojore wrote:
I think you might have given us too much info on Mr. Blackwell. Not sure we should know he is aspis.

You are right!

:P
My bad... well, I was thinking in changing the Aspis part, so, for now, your characters don't know it, and is probably I will change that anyway.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23
Flavius Amaxites wrote:
Anabella [Charisma=7] He almost completely lacks in common ground here, with not even relevant knowledge skills.

And she knows it, smile at Flavius, and excuse herself.

Flavius Amaxites wrote:
He's more eager to interact with Gallio [Charisma=15], since it could be a potential job, as there will be produce to be hauled, and he is experienced in that area.

Gallio seems interested in his experience, and asks you to find him in the colony, to see if he has work for you.

Flavius Amaxites wrote:
Lastly, he will talk to Umuzu [Charisma=8] to try to get a feel for what are the good plants and other easy eats for living off the land if he has to.

The Mwanwi woman eyes him suspiciously...

"The jungle is dangerous, keep away if you are not familiar with it."


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

Internet finally restored!

Fascinated that such a large thing like this s@%~ could be crafted with human hands Ojore watches the waves from the bow of the ship. His people did not build such things. He loved the sea of course and delighted in the spray in his face. Such an adventure. And sometimes he caught a glimpse of flying fish or even playful dolphins that would momentary swim alongside the Kaava Cutter.

When not watching the waves and the creatures of the sea he watched the other people on the ship with him, mostly out of the corner of his eye. They were all foreign in appearance but one; the human ranger. Too tall and too much muscle on their bones in most cases. And not one had skin that would protect from the sun except for Umuzu. They all will burn. he thought to himself.

He hears the dwarf complain about the journey. Stay away from that one, He does not revier the sea as Gozreh teaches.. He watches a fair elf try to console the dwarf. A strange pair they make. The man, Flavius?, has the look of a warrior, He looks strong, maybe as strong as Ojore. But if he is a warrior then where is his spear? He fights with rope?

Odor notes the attractive half elf that seems to be in such bad mood. He does not approach her. He sees the human aristocrat with his slaves. That represents much of what is wrong with my land. he thinks with distaste. He notes with near equal distant the prospector come to the Land to take from it and likely leave poisoned wounds behind. The Land would be better off without that one I think. And finally he considers Umuzu. [i]Yes, Should talk to that one.[/i[ he decides as he leaves his spot at the bow and walks over to her.

Greetings Sister. I am Ojore of the Zenj of the northern plains. I would know you. He says in Mwangi.


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)
Damiel wrote:

Watching Gundar feed the fish, Damiel chuckles and speaks, "ho master dwarf. If you are going to put chum in the water to feed the fish, you will need a pole or a net to catch them for dinner."

Then on a more serious note, and sotto voce, he softly says, "can I get you some of the watered down fish pee that passes for wine on this ship?"

Hmmm...I think dwarves are as good as catching fish as they are at sailing!

Damiel wrote:
Then on a more serious note, and sotto voce, he softly says, "can I get you some of the watered down fish pee that passes for wine on this ship?"

Aye! Who am I to pass down such an elixir! Gundar is the name. Well met! What brings ye on this fine..er..craft?

As they pass the exotic looking couple, Gundar makes a note to ask them about the storm kindlers albeit discreetly. They are dressed similar to the ones I saw in the book. Gundar thinks to himself.

Sometime later he will seek out Ojore and Umuzu and describe the people in his book. Either of ye know of 'em?

Diplomacy on Umuzu: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Another time if he catches Annabella praying, he will say to her. 'Scuse me Miss, I couldn't help notice ye prayin'. May I ask to what deity receives the adoration?

diplomacy on Annabella: 1d20 ⇒ 18


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Annabella diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Godwyn spends some time with the cleric, discussing the theology of her goddess and what the definition of 'perfection' is.

Gallio diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Ill at ease with nobility, the half orc still attempts conversation, intrigued by the man's jewelry. He attempts to ask questions as to where each type of stone came from, and tries to segway the conversation into a discussion as to why he is coming to Godwyn's homeland.

Blackwell diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Having heard the name 'Aspis' before but never knowing what it is, Godwyn attempts to learn more about the organization.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23
Ojore wrote:
Greetings Sister. I am Ojore of the Zenj of the northern plains. I would know you. He says in Mwangi.

The woman bows in the way of the Zenj, and answers in Polyglot.

"Greetings brother. I am Umuzu, of the deep jungle, and I know you. I am glad to find a brother here. What brings you to this lands?"
A diplomacy check would be handy.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23
Gundar Ironbeard wrote:

Sometime later he will seek out Ojore and Umuzu and describe the people in his book. Either of ye know of 'em?

Diplomacy on Umuzu 12

The mwangi woman answers noncommittally.

"They dress in the way of foreigners, and there are a lot of them."
Gundar Ironbeard wrote:

Another time if he catches Annabella praying, he will say to her. 'Scuse me Miss, I couldn't help notice ye prayin'. May I ask to what deity receives the adoration?

Diplomacy on Annabella 18

The smile of her face seems to illuminate the sea.

"The Eternal Maiden, Our lady Shelyn. And by your holy symbol I fathom you are a noble Torag priest. May the day bring you beauty."
She is a very charming woman (for a half elf) and you spend quite a while talking and laughing with her.
Consider her a friend, not just an acquaintance.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23
Godwyn Blaecwulf wrote:

Annabella diplomacy 21

Godwyn spends some time with the cleric, discussing the theology of her goddess and what the definition of 'perfection' is.

She is a very charming woman, and she seems to genuinely like Godwyn, something is not used to.

At sunset, while looking at the sun hiding under the waves, she speaks at him, and at no one in particular, with a sweet voice, cheeks crimson at the fading light.
"Perfection? Is the feeling two people share when they are in love. It is the moment when two lovers become one."
You can also consider her a friend.
Godwyn Blaecwulf wrote:

Gallio diplomacy 16

Ill at ease with nobility, the half orc still attempts conversation, intrigued by the man's jewelry. He attempts to ask questions as to where each type of stone came from, and tries to segway the conversation into a discussion as to why he is coming to Godwyn's homeland.

Gallio quite merrily answers about his items, and shares his dreams about his future papaya farm. He shows Godwyn some seeds, and invites him a drink.

"If your plans allow, maybe you can help me set my plantation up! I can always use a good man like you!"
Also a friend.
Godwyn Blaecwulf wrote:

Blackwell diplomacy 14

Having heard the name 'Aspis' before but never knowing what it is, Godwyn attempts to learn more about the organization.

"We are a group of merchants, looking for the development of the region. I am the new representative in this lands, and I hope we can bring prosperity to this new colony, as we have done with the rest of this continent."

It sounds rather rehearsed...

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

A RUDE WELCOME
Pridon’s Hearth lacks a proper dock to accept large ships, so the heroes and the other passengers arrive on a rotating batch of longboats on the smaller docks at Island Town.

Gallio Menius demands to be the first ashore. The others arrive shortly thereafter. By the time your longboat arrives at the dock, Gallio is in the midst of directing his indentured laborers to organize belongings and farming supplies.

As the PCs disembark and collect their belongings on the fishing dock, an argument grows louder and louder between Gallio and a grizzled-looking man swaying at the end of the dock.

"You should be getting out of this land, ya filthy leech!"

The drunk swings with a right hook and knocks Gallio to the deck planks, looking more shocked than injured. The swaying man ends his tirade by smashing the bottle he holds against a sturdy dock pylon. The bottle shatters, leaving him holding a vicious spike of serrated glass.

"And if yer not gonna leave... then I guess it’s up to me to make ya!"

DC 15 Perception or Sense Motive check:
The man is drunk.


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

Flavius will uncoil his whip at his side and sate loudly "Step away from that man!" then get within 15'.


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7
Corsario wrote:
Ojore wrote:
Greetings Sister. I am Ojore of the Zenj of the northern plains. I would know you. He says in Mwangi.

The woman bows in the way of the Zenj, and answers in Polyglot.

"Greetings brother. I am Umuzu, of the deep jungle, and I know you. I am glad to find a brother here. What brings you to this lands?"
A diplomacy check would be handy.

Not my strong suit. :) Hoping for a huge situational modifier.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7
Corsario wrote:
Gundar Ironbeard wrote:

Sometime later he will seek out Ojore and Umuzu and describe the people in his book. Either of ye know of 'em?

Diplomacy on Umuzu 12

The mwangi woman answers noncommittally.

"They dress in the way of foreigners, and there are a lot of them."

Ojore is also noncommittal. They do not belong here. Why would they be in our lands? But with an easy perception check you will note that the young Zenj wears a wooden holy symbol of Gozreh.


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

Ojore watches this confrontation with some interest and while he agrees with the drunk man's position finds that he cannot abide such violence.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

That man is intoxicated on fruit. he announces as he surprises himself by stepping between the two men. You have had your say and struck an unanswered blow. There is no need to press this further.


CG Male Elf Bard 2 (HP 18 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+1 R:+6 W:+3 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc:+7)
Resources:
Spells:0th/at will; 1st/3 Performance: 15/15 rounds

Aretha Franklin Sunday night, Live at the Bardavon.
Marching Band that led us down the street from the Theatre to Grand Hotel.
Dancers at the Gala party afterwards.

Back on the ship
"Damiel is the name, sir dwarf" he replies to Gundar and he quickly goes and gets the dwarf some wine from the galley. "Here you go. It will either settle the stomach or kill you, not sure which."

On the docks
Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

Noticing that the man is drunk, but that Ojore seems to have the situation well in hand, Damiel hangs back. He thinks to himself about Jeremiah early warning, don't involve yourself in others troubles unless you have to.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Not my strong suit. :) Hoping for a huge situational modifier.
Diplomacy=0

Nothing to see here, move along. :P


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

With Damiel

Damiel wrote:
"Damiel is the name, sir dwarf" he replies to Gundar and he quickly goes and gets the dwarf some wine from the galley. "Here you go. It will either settle the stomach or kill you, not sure which."

I fear this boat will be the death o' me before this..uh..fine drink.

Gundar says as he slaps his new friend on the back.

With Ojore and Umuzu

Umuzu wrote:
"They dress in the way of foreigners, and there are a lot of them."
Ojore wrote:
They do not belong here. Why would they be in our lands?

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

I see sir, that you wear the symbol of Gozreh and those that I seek are or were followers of the Sky Father.

He looks at them both.

Still nothin'? Well if ye think of anythin' or have any suggestions where I might look. Let me know!

With Annabella

Annabella wrote:

"The Eternal Maiden, Our lady Shelyn. And by your holy symbol I fathom you are a noble Torag priest. May the day bring you beauty."

She is a very charming woman (for a half elf) and you spend quite a while talking and laughing with her.

Gundar blushes, That I am! Shelyn you say? Some of our finest craftsmen and women have forged the most beautiful weapons and armor for followers of The Eternal Rose!

On the dock

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

What in Torag's beard is this all about! Gundar thinks to himself That is all we need is for someone to get themselves kilt and be tied up while the investigation goes on!

Say friend! Gundar says addressing the drunk man. I haven't had a good drink since this voyage started and apparently you know where to find one. Let's go and let me buy the first round? Gundar says trying to diffuse the situation.

Diplomacy: 1d20 ⇒ 4

Well I tried!


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7
Gundar Ironbeard wrote:


With Ojore and Umuzu

Umuzu wrote:
"They dress in the way of foreigners, and there are a lot of them."
Ojore wrote:
They do not belong here. Why would they be in our lands?

[Dice=Perception]1d20+4

I see sir, that you wear the symbol of Gozreh and those that I seek are or were followers of the Sky Father.

He looks at them both.

Still nothin'? Well if ye think of anythin' or have any suggestions where I might look. Let me know!

Good dwarf, if you wish to find those of my faith and wish me to help then you will need to explain to me why you wish to find them. Do you mean them harm? Have they done something to you so that you seek vengeance?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Ojore stands between Gallio and the drunkard. Flavius, whip in hand, stands nearby. Damiel and Godwyn (who seems out of it) stands farther away.
Finally Gundar walks up to the man.
"Say friend! I haven't had a good drink since this voyage started and apparently you know where to find one. Let's go and let me buy the first round?"
The man makes a face of disgust.
"Get away of me, you dirty dwarf!"
He makes a swing with the broken bottle at Gundar's neck!
Surprise attack against Flat Footed DC
Attack Roll: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Gundar rises his arm and the bottle shatters against his armor not hurting him!
Your turn!


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

Flavius will step to the side to get a clean line at the target and try to trip him.

trip: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

maybe not


CG Male Elf Bard 2 (HP 18 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+1 R:+6 W:+3 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc:+7)
Resources:
Spells:0th/at will; 1st/3 Performance: 15/15 rounds

Inspire Courage - +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.
Bardic Performance remaining: 12/13

Rather than participate in an unseemly brawl on the docks, Damiel chooses to help his comrades by Inspiring Courage in them as he performs comedy. "What do you get when an elf and a dwarf walk into a bar? Nothing, it would never happen!"


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Godwyn's head shoots up as he sees a man take a swing at a dwarf on the docks. Standing up to his full height he starts making his way over. "Hey! Enough of that!"


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)

First ye insult me! Second ye try to open me jugular! I tried to help ye, now I'm thinking otherwise! Gundar says as he hits the man with the flat of his hammer.

Attack (Non-lethal): 1d20 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 + 1 - 4 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 = 11


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

The fight is likely over before Ojore can even act. He hefts his hide covered shield, pulls a war club and stands ready to swing it. The next person to attack will become my enemy. he articulates in slow common with what he hopes is serious threat behind it.

Readied Attack:

Readied attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 4 + 1 = 141d6 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 = 8

Unsure if Ojore knows that Gundar used nonlethal force.


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

Godwyn raises his hands and yells over the din "Enough! Everyone, put your weapons down. This has gone on long enough."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Gundar's hit makes the drunkard spin in his place, and fall down unconscious.
Some people gasp, others move back, and a couple close fists and approach the dwarf, ready to jump on him.
"Enough! Everyone, put your weapons down. This has gone on long enough."
The half orc plea gives the people enough time to see the fallen man is not dead, just down for the count. Tension eases, and people returns to his activities as two guards approach.
"Theos Votto, poor guy. Seems he messed up with the wrong people now. Hey, you, dwarf, who told you you could knock him off?"
A tall woman, obviously their boss, approach while speaking firm and loudly to be heard.
"Leave them alone! Take that drunkard and put him in his cell again, until he gets sober."
The guards salute and carry the man away.
"Sorry for that. His name is Theos Votto, and he lost his wife and children some months ago to the fever, and now he spends all his time drinking, and looking for a fight."
She smiles while looking at you all.
"And he sure find a good one now. I am Sheriff Adaela Praet, military commander of Pridon's Hearth, and I welcome you at behest of Count Narsus, our lord here. If you are looking for job, I have a good paying one for a group able to find his way in the wilderness. And able to deal with problems, which I see you are able. If you are interested look for me at dawn in the Stone Hall, the town inn, for breakfast. My treat for arriving late to stop this, unpleasantness."
She turns and leaves, unless there are questions you want to ask her.
Gallio Menius thank you all profusely, and resumes his activities.
"If the job with her don't pan out, I can give you one. But it has not the pay I would like to give you, and it is mostly menial tasks."
He seems somewhat ashamed he can't offer anything better.
It is somewhat late, so it is a good time to look for a place to spend the night.
Anything you want to do before the next morning?


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

Falvius will head down to the town and see about an inexpensive place to stay so he doesn't run out his meagre savings.


CG Male Elf Bard 2 (HP 18 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+1 R:+6 W:+3 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc:+7)
Resources:
Spells:0th/at will; 1st/3 Performance: 15/15 rounds

Watching Gundar poleaxe the drunk, Damiel stops telling jokes and speaks to the dwarf, "good shot. He will be out till tomorrow for sure." Once the Sheriff leaves he turns to the others, "guess we need to find a place for the night" and he merrily starts off to the center of town to find an inn where he can get some food and drink. "You coming Gundar?" he quips.


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

After he realizes the dwarf struck with nonlethal force Ojore moves to him and says You showed restraint there when you were attacked by someone confused and misguided. That was wise. Perhaps I will will help you find these worshipers of the eye you seek.

Then to no one in particular he says The jungle is no wilderness to me. It is home. I shall meet with the law woman tomorrow and see if I can help her. But this other, this Gallio Menius, even thought I would not allow him to be attacked I will not work for him. As for tonight, well, I have no coin and do not wish to trade my possessions for a room so I shall sleep there. He points to the forests. He looks to Umuzu to see what her plans may be. Any who wish to join me are welcome.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

Umuzu thank you, but tells you she has a job already, and wish you luck.
Waiting for the others.


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Godwyn nodded at this, pleased to see that the situation was resolved peacefully. He wasn't sure if the watchman was speaking to him about the job, but he resolved to go as well.

"I'll go with you. No reason to spend good coin when one can have a canopy over his head for free."


Male Dwarf Cleric 2 (HP 24/24 AC:15 T:10 F:15 Saves F:+7 R:+1 W:+8 CMB:+3 CMD:13 Init:+0 Perc: +4)
Corsario wrote:
Some people gasp, others move back, and a couple close fists and approach the dwarf, ready to jump on him.

Gundar looks around at the angry mob. I should have stayed on the boat! he thinks to himself. The drunk man starts to twitch and that and Godwyn's plea changes the crowd's demeanor.

Whew! Gundar exhales barely audible. His relief is short lived when he sees the guards approach. I should have stayed on the boat! Gundar thinks again.

Corsario wrote:
Hey, you, dwarf, who told you you could knock him off?"

Well...I..Er..

He is relieved when a stately-looking woman tells them to stand down. I might get through this after all! he thinks to himself. Nodding happily as she barks orders at the guards.

Corsario wrote:
"Sorry for that. His name is Theos Votto, and he lost his wife and children some months ago to the fever, and now he spends all his time drinking, and looking for a fight."

I figured somethin' was wrong with him, that is why I helped him go beddy-bye! Poor fellow!

At her introduction, Gundar bows. Well met Ms. Praet. Gundar Ironbeard is me name, and I'd be sure to look ye up in the morn!

Damiel wrote:
You coming Gundar?

I sure am! That fight made me hungry and thirsty!

Ojore wrote:
You showed restraint there when you were attacked by someone confused and misguided. That was wise. Perhaps I will will help you find these worshipers of the eye you seek.

Thank'ee! For I wish them no ill will and hope to come up with a mutually beneficial agreement with 'em!

As Ojore and Godwyn depart, Gundar will call out, Don't forget a job and free breakfast is being offered by Ms. Praet on the morrow.

With that Gundar will happily lope along after Damiel and Flavius.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

As the characters conducted themselves with decorum and fought Theos mercifully, she considers them now the most trustworthy of Pridon’s Hearth’s new residents. The sheriff pays for a few drinks and a hearty breakfast of eggs, roasted dika seeds, and fried taro; during the meal, she makes pleasantries for several minutes, hoping to take the PCs’ measure. While you eat, you notice tattoos on her arms bear the symbol of a sword and sunburst.

Knowledge (religion) DC 11:
The holy symbol of Iomedae, goddess of honor and justice.

After exchanging pleasantries, the sheriff explains her problem: Pridon’s Hearth is an insular community that has had little contact with the region just outside its borders, with the exception of some adjacent farmlands. The colony maintains a single, small fort to the south to watch for potential problems. Fort Breakthrough hasn’t sent a report in nearly 2 weeks — this isn’t unheard of for the poorly organized military presence, but the sheriff is still concerned. Normally, the fort’s personnel eagerly jump at the opportunity to return to civilization, if only for a single day.
Adaela wants to dispatch a small team, in case there has been any trouble. With her militia already understaffed, though, she can’t spare even a single recruit. She wants you to travel 12 miles south to investigate the fort and report back. If you agree, she offers them 100 gp up front to cover any equipment or expenses, and 50 gp each upon your return.
Shopping spree!


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

knowledge religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

"That certainly seems like a generous offer. So you have a map? I really don't like the idea of getting lost in the jungle hereabouts. Obviously, being fresh off the boat, we're not familiar with the area. "


CG Male Elf Bard 2 (HP 18 AC:16 T:13 F:13 Saves F:+1 R:+6 W:+3 CMB:+2 CMD:15 Init:+3 Perc:+7)
Resources:
Spells:0th/at will; 1st/3 Performance: 15/15 rounds

Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
@DM is that 100 gp each? or 100 gp for the group (assuming the latter).
Are we to keep track of rations / water / arrows / etc. or are we hand waving that.
Need to know the answer before I spend my gp.

"Thank you favored of Iomedae" replies Damiel as he nods towards the tattoos on her arm. "As Flavius requests, do you have a map, or is it simply following a trail to find the fort?"


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

The Night before:

Your company is most welcome Godwyn. But there is a thing I must do before dawn; a vision quest you might call it. There is a spirit animal I must call to and I was to do it immediately after arriving. While I call I will be more vulnerable to other predators. And while I do not expect an attack if you are there with me it would be well.

Ojore chooses a spot a good half mile away from the town and makes a quick camp. Sharing what food he has with Godwyn and building a small fire, mostly for Godwyn. I shall be just there. he explains, pointing to a small clearing barely in sight.

Ojore moves into the clearing and sits cross legged in the tall grass and begins to pray. Godwyn can hear him chanting in what must be his native Polyglot but even if he speaks the language he does not understand the words. [ooo]Druidic[/ooc]

The ceremony takes the entire night but at first light Ojore comes back into camp followed by a somewhat timid and curious young male lion. Godwyn, I wish you to meet Shang.

Ojore eats a somewhat meager breakfast and lets the others speak for the group. He only nods his assent.


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

Godwyn's eyes widened at the price being offered. It was a princely amount. "That is a very generous offer! Do you expect any trouble, given that on the surface this appears to be a mere twenty four mile hike?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

100gp for all of you. Don't be greedy, it is a lot of cash.
I expect you to keep track of your items. Yes, you can run out of food or arrows.
Ojore, let us "forget" the lion ceremony, you will find Shang soon enough.

At the mention of Iomedae, se moves her shoulders.
"Not anymore. That is from a long time ago."
She gives you simple instructions of how to reach the fort. There is a trail for half of the way, more or less, and you need to follow a stream for the rest.
She looks at you.
"Do you think you can manage?"
Yes, you should be able to. And if you say no, you risk loosing the job.


M: Human Mwangi Druid 2 || HP 25/25 || AC 19, T 13, FF 16, CMD 18 || F +5, R +2, W +5 || Per. +7 Init +2, Sense Motive +7

Roger. No animal companion happened. It was all a dream. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Ojore nods confidently.

Shopping

Ojore had never seen so much money in one place. His desire is for better armor and will buy Lamellar Horn armor if it is available. Cost is exactly 100 gp. If not available he will try for Lamellar Leather which costs 60 gp.


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

"I suppose so. "


Defenses:
HP (26) Fort (+9) Ref (+6) Will (+7) CMB (+7) CMD (17) AC (17/14/13)
Skills:
Diplomacy (+9) Sense Motive (+5) Handle Animal (+7) Profession-Herder (+5)

"Seems doable enough. I'm in."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Computer Consultant 23

The only issue is that you have 100g BETWEEN ALL OF YOU.


HP 24/24 AC 15 T12 FF 13 Fort+5, Ref +3, Will +0, CMD 18, Per +6, Init +2

I only need to purchase rations (though I might be able to live off the land via survival. Depending on the nature of the 'trail' we should be able to make it in one day of hard marching.

1 to 50 of 531 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Corsario's Ire of the Storm All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.