Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull!

Game Master Wellard


2,801 to 2,850 of 3,968 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>

Round 3, initiative 22
ac 17, touch 14, fleet-footed 13
fort +4, ref +7, will +3
cmd 19
hp 23/28
effects:

"Atzi, get back!" Natalyah cries when the witch turns her gaze on the druid. The ranger follows Rollo and leans over the witch after the hound has felled her. She raises her blade and readies to strike. "You are beaten. Give up and tell us who you are."

Move action to engage the witch
Ready action to stab should she prove aggressive: 1d20 + 8 - 1 ⇒ (3) + 8 - 1 = 10 (-1 power attack, add another +2 if she's human), 1d6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 2 = 9 (+2 power attack, add another +2 if she's human)


The woman mumbles something at you lifts a hand then falls into unconciousness

Osirion

"Get a rope and bind her. Could someone stabilize her."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Let me know if the spell ends because I sincerely doubt the fiendblooded mastiff their is going to stop at merely unconscious.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi, no longer gripped by the witches evil eye, staggers and leans against the wall heavily. "I knew there was someone here but... I would never have been able to take her alone." She looked at her hands, noticing the fading signs of burns and frost bite. She had asked the great mother for her help today, perhaps too much so.

LEaving the rope tying to more skilled hands Atzi strikes out to search the shake and deal with the monkey if she can.

Wild Empathy 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

If her attempts to calm the monkey fails she instead searches the hut.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25


Male Orc Expert 5

Is flinging monkey poo a ranged touch attack or a regular ranged attack?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Both, it is double dangerous. Also gives you Aura of Stink. No one will want to talk much less sleep with you until you have taken a bath for 1d10 hours and scrubbed for at least 1d100 minutes ;D


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setebo tries to calm the Captain as the sword falls from his hand as the claws fade.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2
Amisi wrote:
"Get a rope and bind her. Could someone stabilize her."

"What for?" Helga asks. She is more interested in searching the hut and the fallen woman than saving her.


The monkey screeches at you and hides up in the rafters as Rollo's teeth crush the old womans windpipe

CDG from Rollo who will not take orders from anyone but Caithen.You could try and pull him off as Caithen is still under the effects of Hideous Laughter


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

No, Hetaher likes her limbs.


"Rollo, get back!" Natalyah says to try and stay the dog. (Wild empathy maybe? 1d20 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (17) - 2 + 3 = 18 (+3 from ranger levels, unless i only get to add half my level in which case it's only a +1)). Except her command the half elf does nothing to hinder the hound from slaying the witch.


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Rollo killing the old woman was annoying but saved them the time of having to do it themselves Atzi concluded to herself. It was a horrible way to think but it was better this way, she died with her people. Since the monkey had proven to wild to befriend Atzi went back to searching the shack for anything useful. Weapons, Potions, scrolls and the like.


[ooc]I will be away from my PC from tomorrow(Tuesday) until Friday Evening

You find the following items.

A wand of Vampiric Touch (8 charges)

6 potions of CLW
2 Potions of Lesser Restoration

3 Antitoxins
2 Smokesticks
3 Tanglefoot Bags
1 Thunderstone


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga will suggest the wand for Ammisi (she's the only one who can use it easily), share the CLW potions between us (can Helga take two as she's used her wand up?), she and Atzi take a potion of Lesser Restoration each as the party's healers, and she'd like to replace her tanglefoot bag with one of those here.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 rnd1
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20 rnd2


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan picks himself up after a time looking rather embarassed. Rather than show it he goes outside to have a smoke. Then curses loudly when he realizes he not only has no tobbacco but he's misplaced his pipe as well.

Osirion

Amisi searches the hut for any spell components - or maybe even a spell book.

Take 20:


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Setedo fusses over the recovering captain until the chelish man waves him away. After Caithan steps out Setebo busies himself by lifting the body and taking it outside. He dumps the corpse in a corner of the hedge. They will deal with bodies in the morning.

As he does this he keeps a dark eye out for the monkey.

So wand to Amisi.
Potion of lesser restoration each to Helga and Atzi.
Tanglefoot bag to Helga
A clw potion each with Setebo giving his to Helga.
An antitoxin each to Helga and Atzi. Setebo will carry the third.
Smokestick to Amisi. Very useful if you need to bug out of close combat.
One smokestick, two tangle bags and a thunderstone to divide 'mongst the front line. 1-2,LOB, 3-4,Captain, 5-6, Setebo. No duplicates until everyone has one thing.
Smokestick 1d6 ⇒ 6. Setebo.
Tanglefoot Bag 1d6 ⇒ 3. Captain.
Tanglefoot Bag by default to LOB.
Thunderstone 1d6 ⇒ 4. Captain.
Remember to add these to your inventory.
Spreadsheet updated.


Natalyah stands quiet and watches Rollo ravage the witch until Caithan tells the hound to stand down. She wonders if her last chance to get off the island died with the witch and why she couldn't get herself to care. The fight had left her hollow and without purpose. She abcentmindly accepts one of the tanglefoot bags, wipes her blades clean and returns outside.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

Don’t forget the CLW potion LOB!

To all: ”Are we done killing now? Is there anyone left?” The beast-man’s eyes are bright with tears and fading battle-lust.

DM: Is the monkey about or did it scarper?


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi shakes her head at Setebo and takes the items gratefully. "We will have to scour the island, or stay here and wait to see if any more return to their home village. But the killing may be far from over. We have to finish this or their remaining people will do whatever it takes to finish us. Or wreck our attempts to get help off this island..." Atzi doesn't relish the feeling of being the bearer of bad news, nor slaughtering ignorant cannibals either, she did know that it was best to chose the lesser of two evils and be judged when her spirit passed from this world.

"Come let us search the village, Helga, Amisi and Setebo please return to the guard tower and keep watch. We can't let them come in and catch us unaware. Caithan, Natalyah and I, along with our companions will search the rest of the village and pile what we find in the house of light."


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Aye, we need to scour the tower as well. There could be more there, after all."


You find nothing of any interest in the village apart from the fact that the area beside the tower is not as you first thougt a random heap of planks but a hatch that covers a deep dark hole in the ground..the sound of tidal rushing can be heard from down below.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga sings a snatch of song and a cluster of glowing orbs spiral down into the darkness to illuminate what lies beneath...Helga casts dancing lights


It appears to be a cavern of sorts..you can't be sure of the dimensions though.

I'll stress that when I say village I did not include the lighthouse


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Well, I suppose we'd better see what's inside the lighthouse," Helga remarks as she looks at the glowing green neon sign...

"Or should we rest up and heal a little first? We can bar the door again from the outside."


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi looks up at the lighthouse and grimaces. "How is everyone doing? Should we push forward one last time?"

She scratched the scaled chin of her new scaly friend as Quetza stood behind her, oddly silent and unnervingly vigilant. "Last thing I wish to see is someone ruin our way off this island... I have some strength left to fight. Amisi, Helga what of you?"

Osirion

"I'm out of spells - apart of minor ones against undead. But my health is fine. Don't worry about me - but don't expect much help either.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"I have a few spells left, but my magic isn't the strongest. I can inspire us a little more, but if we run into anything really serious," Helga shrugs. "If anyone needs healing now, I can use my last spells on them and then we can rest."


Natalyah stands next to the hole and looks abcently down into the cavern. "We can't rest until we know that they're all gone", she says.


You prepare as best you can and enter the 50' tall lighthouse...on the ground floor you discover three rooms. The first seems to be a meeting room or council chamber..the second is a cluttered shrine dominated by a large wooden carving of a Devilish Figure whom the Chelaxians among you will immediately identify as Asmodeus.

The third room comes as something of a surprise to Atzi, Natalyah and Amisi..the place has been turned into some sort of guest chamber..it contains a crude but comfortable bed made of timber and with a feather Matress..and the remains of some meals which would appear to have come from the stores in the Jenivere

Moving upwards you find the chiefs bedchamber which is furnished with aging and poorly treated Chelaxian style Furniture.Against the wall is a battered foot locker which turns out to contain what must have been the ships payroll..6,300Sp and 270 Gp.

The coins themselves are at least 70 years old going by the portraits and minting dates on them.

There is a balcony attached to this room which seems sound despite its rickety appearance. on this floor you are about 20' above the ground.

Stairs continue up towards the light itself.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

Caithan idly picks up one of the coins. "Hmmmmm remember this chap. Not a bad old boy all things considered. Then he was caught in bed with several of the halfling servants. Come to think of it that's about the time they stopped minting these."

Tossing the coins back in the pile he ignores the shrine and makes a thorough search of the guest room.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Perception check


Natalyah spits defiantly at the statue and is returned to full zeal when she sees the guest chamber. "Jos kâerm ja hene por ott suoa tallë...", she starts and trails of into something inaudiable as she searches through the chamber and lower floor for tracks or signs that the Jenivare captain has been here.

Spoiler:

If that snake and his harlot took shelter here...

Take 10 to look for traces and clues as to who might have used the guest chamber: 10 + 13 = 23


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

Helga looks about, then considers the cavern and the new finds...

"There's something not right here. Not just the cannibals, but something else as well. Why the hatchway over the sea-cavern? Could you sail a ship into it, maybe? But who, and why?"

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8


Female / Female Human: Jambala Jaeg Descendent) and Deinonychus Saurian Shaman LVL 4

Atzi looks down into the pit and spits. She had the horrible feeling that more fairness infected this island, more then she could or would allow to stand. "Let's cover up this pit, and set up two watches one in the tower and one here. We will rotate every couple hours. Quetza and I will take the first watch on the ground, Setebo please take watch in the tower, Helga or Amisi please sleep in the tower, Natalyah you will relieve Setebo as your eye sight is better then any of us in the morning dark. Caithan will replace me. Then first thing in the morning Amisi and Helga will take over for us. We'll figure out our next step in the morning."


The bed contains a number of scales..but it must have been a pretty big snake going by their size..you are convinced the Captain and his Sorceress companion were here..though those off you who were on the Jenivere you cannot recall her having a snake..you do recall however that the cook on the ship was killed by a snake bite.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"Something strange was here...who sleeps with a snake?" Helga murmurs.

"Let us look to the light."

Osirion

"She had magical power and she 'acted' like a snake. COuld it be possible that we got fooled by a shapechanger."

Amisi tries to remember if she has read about snake shapechangers

Knowledge check 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

I only do one roll as all knowledge are the same modifier. Possible ones to use are Arcana, Dungeoneering, History, Local, Nature. I'm not looking up the beastry to find out which is the most likely.


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

"I will check the upper floor."

Setebo trots up the stairs.

Is the light here? Does it work?

Later at the hole.

Setebo looks down black eyes straining against the dark

"Why a hole?"

Do I see/smell anything? If it is a garbage pit or a place to dump bodies/waste it should reek. Any way to secure the hatch? Maybe move the cauldron over?

To Atzi

"Aye aye."
Setebo playfully offers his arms to the two lovely ladies.


Natalyah's anger rises with every trace she finds of the Jenivare's captain. With grim determination she starts to acend the steps.


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2
Amisi wrote:
"She had magical power and she 'acted' like a snake. COuld it be possible that we got fooled by a shapechanger."

"If we find her, you can ask her," Helga notches an arrow.


Actually Amisi probably needs bits off all off those knowledges

Amisi marshals her facts before speaking of the Serpentfolk

Apologies for the wall of text but I thought it very in character for Amisi to give you way more information than you really need

"Few solid facts are known about the reign of the serpentfolk in the lost ages before the ascendancy of the Azlanti, yet what little can be said with certainty is enough to chill the hearts of modern mortals, and takes on deeply nightmarish aspects upon deeper introspection and calculation."

"It is accepted by those knowledgeable about such things that the serpentfolk once ruled Sekamina in the Darklands, as well as large reaches of the surface world, during an age before the first appearance of humanity."

"How long this domination might have lasted is subject to heavy debate in scholarly circles, but even the most conservative estimations tentatively place the length of their reign in the thousands
or perhaps tens of thousands of years, while high-ranking archivists within the Aspis Consortium quietly hint that their organization is in possession of serpentfolk records dating back several ages before Earthfall."

"What other creatures and cultures may have been crushed within their coils in those incomprehensible days cannot even be guessed, although serpentfolk art shows entire sentient races hunted to extinction for sheer pleasure."

"With the coming of further centuries, the growing Azlanti kingdoms came
into violent conf lict with the fading serpentfolk, and bitter wars waged; a partially-translated treatise from that time, entitled The Alaberos Analects, makes mention of the “abundant slavemen shoeshod/chainhanded rising in breakingwave-ever-breaking against [we]. Deprivation abound/shall abound.”

"The text goes further, making a philosophical point apparently in argument against the premise of a still-lost text referred to as The Typhonian Proposals: “In victory, great-loss. In retreat, proposed, perhaps... less-loss. Query: Better to burnsphere sunworld with plague/storm, or to sleep-and-in-sleep-replenish while poor masters of slaves these slaves foresee making, and falter? The stars [shall
turn] right again.”

"It is believed that, in the end, a war raged between the races, escalating for more than a century as the serpentfolk committed more and more resources to the task. That the war finally came to an end with a serpentfolk loss is apparent today by their scarcity, yet details of how this conflict resolved remain obscure. Legend holds that an Azlanti hero decapitated the serpentfolk god, Ydersius, and in so doing cast the serpent empire into a lasting chaos."

"It may seem curious that so few records from this conflict have been
found and that the hero’s identity has remained a mystery, but Earthfall shattered entire civilizations, so perhaps the loss of a single champion’s name is not so surprising after all. In short, by means not fully understood, this Azlanti hero successfully defeated Ydersius, severing the epic serpent-god’s power and spelling the beginning of the end for the serpentfolk empire."

"Though crippled by the sudden silence of their patron deity, the serpentfolk were far from destroyed. Further bloody struggles against their enemies are well recorded by the ascendant Azlanti, wherein nations clashed with weapons of divine fire and incomprehensible spell-engines, including one improbable account of a single desperate serpent-mage laying waste to himself and an area “greater than two hundred and thirty leagues across.”

"And then..they just vanished, no-one knows where they went or what became of their civilisation or if they did it was destroyed in Earthfall. The Legends speak frequently however of the Serpentfolks ability to take human form and move amongst their enemies with ease"


You make your way up to the light platform and discover..that the builders never finished it...the parts for the light are here but you will have to assemble them.

Knowledge Engineering can reduce the time required

Setebo smells the sea from the hole

The Cauldron would work to weigh the hatch down certainly


Female Half-Elf Bard 2/Ranger 2

"A chilling story indeed," Helga murmurs, committing the history to memory.

Helga looks thoughtfully at the complex task ahead of them.

Knowledge (engineering) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Male Human (Chelaxian) Cavalier 4

"Interesting Amisi but I fail to see how this exactly gets us off this island." Caithan says as he looks over the half built light house somewhat sadly.

Perception on the half built nature of the light house. Does it look like it had been worked on recently or is does it look like the work was abandoned some time ago?

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Perception


Totem Barbarian 4. AC/tou/ff. Norm17/12/15, Rage14/10/12, Fatig16/11/14 Save norm/rage/fatig Fort6/8/6, Ref3/3/2, Will4/6/4

"Cheer up Captain. You'll be back among the politicians soon enough."

Before retiring to the tower Setebo rolls/drags/carries the huge pot over to the hatch and weights it closed.

"There." he dusts his hands, a satisified if toothy smile on his face. "That will keep whatever is down there, down there. 'least for tonight anyway."


"Sounds like superstition and make believe", Natalyah mutters. She is still fuming after the traces reignited her anger of being betrayed. "How do we get this lit?"


Male Orc Expert 5

Caithan's left eye twitches at the mention of politicians. "Unless they're here on this island of no return at my mercy I think I can live for a few day, nay, decades without their presence."


Helga reckons it will take about 5 days off work to piece together the reflectors, and other machinery, to make the light work.

Amisi shrugs "It's possible we might be dealing with one off the Serpent Folk..I just thought you might want to know that..and off course she is still alive and active and, it would seem, an ally of these savages.Off course if you do not consider that important"

2,801 to 2,850 of 3,968 << first < prev | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Carpy DM runs Serpent's Skull! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.