Audio Book Plans


Tales


I noticed (and bought) the recent release of Lord of Runes on audible.

I've only this year started into the tales line and as I'm now just at the end of the Jeggare novels (sob) I'm going to dig into all the other good stuff, Tim Pratt, Liane Merciel and James Sutter being at the top of my to-read list.

I was wondering are there plans to release audio books for the back catalogue or only new Tor releases and if so when?

Also will all the new releases get audio books or was it just Dave because of his frabjousness.

Thanks

Sczarni

Erik mentioned in one of the early Gencon panels (I think the "Paizo 215 and Beyond" one) that the hope is to get the backlog to audible, but that they do not yet have a schedule for that, so don't expect it fast.

Liberty's Edge

Hay PAIZO! I just saw you had an audiobook. Now I just bought it. I buy every Wizards of the Coast audiobook. I buy about 1/4 of your print novels. This is a thing to consider....

Liberty's Edge

I am really enjoying the audiobook! I haven't had a chance to read the books, but I'm really getting into them.

Shut up and take my money!

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

How long after a physical book releases are we expecting to see the Audiobooks available? I finished Liar's Island this morning, and wanted to start on Beyond the Pool of Stars, but when I went to get it from Audible with my credit it's not yet available (although I do have my physical copy, I can't read that in the car on my way to and from work).

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Yes please more!!! I would not mind seeing the Radio dramas of the APs out there too!

Executive Editor

I believe that the audiobook versions of the new releases are scheduled to hit at roughly the same time as the print version. So Beyond the Pool of Stars should be any day now.

As for more audiobooks: for some big news on this front, please wait until next week. :)

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

James Sutter wrote:
I believe that the audiobook versions of the new releases are scheduled to hit at roughly the same time as the print version. So Beyond the Pool of Stars should be any day now.

Is "any day now" liable to be soon? It's still not available yet... :/

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

nice I will have a credit waiting :)

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

flash_cxxi wrote:
James Sutter wrote:
I believe that the audiobook versions of the new releases are scheduled to hit at roughly the same time as the print version. So Beyond the Pool of Stars should be any day now.
Is "any day now" liable to be soon? It's still not available yet... :/

And a week later it's still not available. grrr...

Lantern Lodge

Looks like the backlog is beginning to emerge if you are willing to deal with Audible (and by ownership) Amazon.

From Audible release sent out by email today:
Start Your Adventure Today and
Pathfinder Tales search on Audible

15 volumes plus the two previously released.

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

Takeyabue wrote:

Looks like the backlog is beginning to emerge if you are willing to deal with Audible (and by ownership) Amazon.

From Audible release sent out by email today:
Start Your Adventure Today and
Pathfinder Tales search on Audible

15 volumes plus the two previously released.

That helps, but there's still no Beyond the Pool of Stars. Except for Firesoul, I've already read all of the other books that have just been released as audiobooks, so I guess I'll be getting that one instead of BtPoS. :/

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

I also find it interesting that an audiobook for The Redemption Engine was done (at least at this stage, I'm assuming one will be done in the future), but not for Death's Heretic? I would have guessed that starting with the first book in the series would have been a better idea?

Executive Editor

flash_cxxi wrote:
I also find it interesting that an audiobook for The Redemption Engine was done (at least at this stage, I'm assuming one will be done in the future), but not for Death's Heretic? I would have guessed that starting with the first book in the series would have been a better idea?

There's a very specific logic behind that choice that will be revealed in January. But trust me, you'll like it. ;)

Scarab Sages RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32

James Sutter wrote:
flash_cxxi wrote:
I also find it interesting that an audiobook for The Redemption Engine was done (at least at this stage, I'm assuming one will be done in the future), but not for Death's Heretic? I would have guessed that starting with the first book in the series would have been a better idea?
There's a very specific logic behind that choice that will be revealed in January. But trust me, you'll like it. ;)

Cool, thanks for the clarification. I wasn't having a dig with that statement, I was just curious as to the reasoning.

Executive Editor

flash_cxxi wrote:
James Sutter wrote:
flash_cxxi wrote:
I also find it interesting that an audiobook for The Redemption Engine was done (at least at this stage, I'm assuming one will be done in the future), but not for Death's Heretic? I would have guessed that starting with the first book in the series would have been a better idea?
There's a very specific logic behind that choice that will be revealed in January. But trust me, you'll like it. ;)
Cool, thanks for the clarification. I wasn't having a dig with that statement, I was just curious as to the reasoning.

No worries! :D

Liberty's Edge

Hurray! Now to spend my credits!

Community / Forums / Archive / Pathfinder / Pathfinder Tales / Audio Book Plans All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Tales