The LGBT Gamer Community Thread.


Gamer Life General Discussion

15,051 to 15,100 of 17,597 << first < prev | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*wubs Vixie’s and the site’s tummy*

*channel positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*wubs site's tummy some more*

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
VixieMoondew wrote:

bluhhhhhhhhhhh post-Halloween tummy grossness

but it's not gonna stop me from eating candy

hompfnompfnompf

CONSUME MASS QUANTITIES


3 people marked this as a favorite.

* grabs everyone in a massive bear hug *

Missed you all!

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Uncle Teddy's Bear, Fred wrote:

* grabs everyone in a massive bear hug *

Missed you all!

Teddy!

*hugs*

We missed you too :3

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Now armed with a cuddly teddy bear I hope everyone has a grey weekend ^w^

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

* joins in the channeling of positive vibes *

How I missed this!

* grabs everyone again in a massive bear hug *


Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Oh, bear hugs!!! Yay! I'll take some


Welcome back, Teddy!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The local Ace Hardware store had a Short Sword on display that could be purchased for a cost of $30. Guess what I bought earlier.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Joins hugs*
Have a great weekend, everybody!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*takes hugs and gives more back.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I have an extra hour to give hugs today!

Available all day with plenty of spares.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Lol, good point CrystalSeas.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


2 people marked this as a favorite.

*hugs for everyone*


*Hugs back*


I hope that everyone had a good weekend and that they have a halfway decent upcoming week.


So I am thinking of finding a therapist as it seems necessary for the trans stuff. Any advice on what I should look for? Or where?


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

* grabs everyone in a big fluffy bear hug *

I hope everyone's weekend was good and here's to everyone having a great week - or at least one we can survive with minimal pains in our backsides. ;-)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:
So I am thinking of finding a therapist as it seems necessary for the trans stuff. Any advice on what I should look for? Or where?

If you have any trans friends in your area that see someone, I'd recommend them. As a note, however, some places allow you to do "informed consent" (Planned Parenthood is a good example, although not all of them do it). Basically you walk in, say "I'd like to take HRT," and they prescribe you HRT, no therapist required. This may or may not be relevant to your needs.


I made a new thread.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Selene Spires wrote:
So I am thinking of finding a therapist as it seems necessary for the trans stuff. Any advice on what I should look for? Or where?

Ask other trans friends for therapists they've been comfortable with.

Don't be afraid to switch therapists until you find one *you* are comfortable with.

You aren't going to hurt their feelings if you say "this isn't working for me"
If you can articulate what's not working, they might even be able to help you find someone who meets your needs better. Different therapists have different personal styles, and if you get a huggy fuzzy person when you need Mr. Spock, there's no shame in saying "it's not working"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's Election Day (for some states, including mine)! Rock the vote for nonspecific candidates to avoid making this thread political!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

*channels double the positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Accepts hugs* Thanks, Rysky. Work was terrible, yesterday. Electrical work was being done in the area. Which meant no power for anything, except for the lights and entry/exit gates, which were running off the emergency generator. No heat for the break room, no microwave, no coffee maker (so no hot tea), and no power for the laptop. I hope that today's better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Selene Spires wrote:
So I am thinking of finding a therapist as it seems necessary for the trans stuff. Any advice on what I should look for? Or where?

Like VixieMoondew and CrystalSeas have said, if you have trans friends who could recommend someone, that’s a good place to start. Depending on what your situation is, you might also be able to get a referral from a doctor or clinic. I was really lucky that way: I met a wonderful GP through the university clinic of the school I attended prior to the one I’m at now, who referred me to my current endocrinologist, who suggested a therapist with whom I was able to work quite nicely, I think. I also did a stint with a clinic that was, frankly, less wonderful: it was a package deal since it was an established medical and psychotherapeutic team, and while it was nice enough, for the position I was in at the time and given personality differences, it wasn’t ideal.

Community resources might also be able to help, depending on what your local public health unit or local mental health services get up to. They might have a list (at least in-house) of practitioners with experience helping trans folks. Ditto any LGBTQ+ organizations in your neck of the woods. Then again, I’m a university brat who bounces between some of the bigger cities in my part of the world, so I’ve really been rather spoiled.

It helps, too, if you can go over as soon as you can with any therapist you meet what your goals are, what their experience with trans folks is, and what their usual therapeutic style may be, to see if they’re a good fit. It can definitely be a bit harrowing to open up to a strange therapist, but like Crystal said, there’s no point in suffering through something that’s really not working for you.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 16

9 people marked this as a favorite.

Political, but I like being the bearer of good news.

The author of the bathroom bill and the bill banning gay people from openly serving in the Virginia National Guard, just lost to a transwoman.....and Virginia turns blue.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

F!~& yeah.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


Mark Thomas 66 wrote:

Political, but I like being the bearer of good news.

The author of the bathroom bill and the bill banning gay people from openly serving in the Virginia National Guard, just lost to a transwoman.....and Virginia turns blue.

:D

That's awesome!


7 people marked this as a favorite.

In honor of last night's results, I invite all of my trans sisters to take a bigot's job today :D


*Yawn* 'Morning, everyone.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Morning!


Going to have a lot of fun at work, today. Today, I'm going to do maintenance on the fan in the break room. Cleaning the dirt off the grills, the fan blades, and lubricating the motor. *sigh* Might as well be me, no one else will do it. Yay, me.


John Napier 698 wrote:
Going to have a lot of fun at work, today. Today, I'm going to do maintenance on the fan in the break room. Cleaning the dirt off the grills, the fan blades, and lubricating the motor. *sigh* Might as well be me, no one else will do it. Yay, me.

Your coworkers' lungs will thank you!


Having the fan start instantly without having to pound on it also helps.
[rant]Come on, people! How hard is it to use a screwdriver? Or are you leaving it for me because I brought the fan?[/rant] Sorry.

The Exchange

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Just found that out and want to share it immediately:

Germany to recognise third gender for intersex people


1 person marked this as a favorite.

grr erasing this flip mat is annoying.


Half of the stuff on the fan blades that I thought was dirt is actually rust. Wonderful.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:

Having the fan start instantly without having to pound on it also helps.

[rant]Come on, people! How hard is it to use a screwdriver? Or are you leaving it for me because I brought the fan?[/rant] Sorry.

I had recent troubles with my TV, my DVD-reader and my new job's laptop.

Troubles which all disappeared just by bringing the devices in the presence of competent people who did nothing particular :-d

I swear you tech people just scare the bugs so much that they run away at the first sight of you :-p


Thank you. Yes, it is nice to have the fan start instantly without having to slap it around.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Raven Black wrote:

I had recent troubles with my TV, my DVD-reader and my new job's laptop.

Troubles which all disappeared just by bringing the devices in the presence of competent people who did nothing particular :-d

I swear you tech people just scare the bugs so much that they run away at the first sight of you :-p

Technomancers aren't just in Starfinder :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
The Raven Black wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:

Having the fan start instantly without having to pound on it also helps.

[rant]Come on, people! How hard is it to use a screwdriver? Or are you leaving it for me because I brought the fan?[/rant] Sorry.

I had recent troubles with my TV, my DVD-reader and my new job's laptop.

Troubles which all disappeared just by bringing the devices in the presence of competent people who did nothing particular :-d

I swear you tech people just scare the bugs so much that they run away at the first sight of you :-p

Speaking as my team's first-line tech troibleshooter, I can confirm this is absolutely true. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rennaivx wrote:
The Raven Black wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:

Having the fan start instantly without having to pound on it also helps.

[rant]Come on, people! How hard is it to use a screwdriver? Or are you leaving it for me because I brought the fan?[/rant] Sorry.

I had recent troubles with my TV, my DVD-reader and my new job's laptop.

Troubles which all disappeared just by bringing the devices in the presence of competent people who did nothing particular :-d

I swear you tech people just scare the bugs so much that they run away at the first sight of you :-p

Speaking as my team's first-line tech troibleshooter, I can confirm this is absolutely true. :)

"The answer is obvious. You just have to stand here next to my computer. Then everything will work."

Liberty's Edge

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I asked my tech support colleague if I could get some of his hair to craft a fetish that will keep the bugs away. He offers to sell it to me for 5.000 euros

I think that is quite competitive compared to the usual rates of IT maintenance and support contractors

Silver Crusade

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Well, it's been one whole f~~$ing year, and with all the horrible things that have happened since there have been enormous bright spots these past few days so, I don't know, there's some hope. I want to cling to it. It's lovely and intoxicating.

To everyone still here, for everyone who was here for me and others on that day, to those who are still around but don't post, to everyone, thank you. You are the best family I could ever ask for, and I love you all.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:

Well, it's been one whole f**!ing year, and with all the horrible things that have happened since there have been enormous bright spots these past few days so, I don't know, there's some hope. I want to cling to it. It's lovely and intoxicating.

To everyone still here, for everyone who was here for me and others on that day, to those who are still around but don't post, to everyone, thank you. You are the best family I could ever ask for, and I love you all.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

no, rysky.

Today, WE hug YOU.

hug

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

Thank you, Freehold.

*hugs*


* grabs everyone in a big fluffy bear hug *

Happy Friday Eve, everyone.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Superscriber
thejeff wrote:
Rennaivx wrote:
The Raven Black wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:

Having the fan start instantly without having to pound on it also helps.

[rant]Come on, people! How hard is it to use a screwdriver? Or are you leaving it for me because I brought the fan?[/rant] Sorry.

I had recent troubles with my TV, my DVD-reader and my new job's laptop.

Troubles which all disappeared just by bringing the devices in the presence of competent people who did nothing particular :-d

I swear you tech people just scare the bugs so much that they run away at the first sight of you :-p

Speaking as my team's first-line tech troibleshooter, I can confirm this is absolutely true. :)
"The answer is obvious. You just have to stand here next to my computer. Then everything will work."

Lol! That is so true. There are some programs we use here that I swear if one of my co-workers is standing by your desk they work fine but if he's not the program acts up and there are some other programs where if a co-worker is having issues I can stand by their desk and the program behaves.

15,051 to 15,100 of 17,597 << first < prev | 297 | 298 | 299 | 300 | 301 | 302 | 303 | 304 | 305 | 306 | 307 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / General Discussion / The LGBT Gamer Community Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.