Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

220,051 to 220,100 of 242,959 << first < prev | 4397 | 4398 | 4399 | 4400 | 4401 | 4402 | 4403 | 4404 | 4405 | 4406 | 4407 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.
LordSynos wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I should probably go to a doctor at some point for a checkup. The last time I was at a doctor was 2003 when I slipped on ice and f!#~ed up my knee. Last time for a general checkup was probably 1999 or so.
Yes. Yes you should.
Meh. I'm doing alright.
Yeah I'm sure that second head growing on your shoulder will take care of itself.
Gran is a hydra?
Hail gran!

*shrug*

HAIL gran!

(Situations like this make it hard to figure out what alias to use.)

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
Synos, you’re younger then me? And I thought I was youngest here.

Apparently? I have a running habit of being the youngest in my social circles, but I thought I'd gotten over that at this point. :P

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 agent of hydra wrote:
LordSynos wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I should probably go to a doctor at some point for a checkup. The last time I was at a doctor was 2003 when I slipped on ice and f!#~ed up my knee. Last time for a general checkup was probably 1999 or so.
Yes. Yes you should.
Meh. I'm doing alright.
Yeah I'm sure that second head growing on your shoulder will take care of itself.
Gran is a hydra?
Hail gran!

*shrug*

HAIL gran!

(Situations like this make it hard to figure out what alias to use.)

You got what I was going for, so I think this one was pretty appropriate.

The nekkidness on the other hand...

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

My brother is currently doing Final Fantasy XIV at the moment because they’re offering free play. I don’t think I’ll join him since I’m rather busy trying to find time to work out. Pokemon Go was one of the ways where couch potatoes all over the world were going out to parks and getting some sunshine. Because they were trying to catch their legendary pokemon there. I think getting couch potatoes out of the house is already a great feat in itself.

No getting me nekkid isn't a feat.

*gets dressed as she glares at the thread*

I thought I was the only one here playing pokemon go (I just caught a celibai btw!) I'm gonna have to add you folks to my friend list I only have like 5 friends on it atm.

Do, do! I appreciate more Poké friends. :) Particularly ones that will send me foreign eggs. :P

Gratz on Celebi btw. :)

Trainer Code:
8847 5849 3512


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

...

No getting me nekkid isn't a feat.

*gets dressed as she glares at the thread*

*Whistles innocently, as he pretends to look the other way*

Just a Mort wrote:

I do it even more hardcore. Face hunter = win by turn 7 or go home lol. And face hunter is my default form these days after Baku paladins were nerfed due to level up being changed to 6 cost.

Good luck with the temp job, and if you need a listening ear, we have lots of ears available, Kjeldorn.
...

Thanks Mort!

*Gives Mort scratchies and nuzzles*

Just a Mort wrote:
OMG balaclavas are so cool! I wanna wear a black one then go around in head to toe black! Then I'll look like a ninja!

Not really a balaclava person...though I have one for when it gets really s#%!ty cold up here.

lisamarlene wrote:

This morning, I did my run in 25-degree weather in a balaclava.

Then I got scared that one of my neighbors would get freaked that someone was running through the neighborhood in a balaclava before dawn and call the cops. Which would have been so awkward. No one did. It was probably because you don't look very scary in a Winnie-the-Pooh sweatshirt no matter what's on your head.

Yea…

The Winnie-the-Pooh shirt kind of throws off most of the balaclava associations (burglars, thugs and self-proclaimed anarchists).

Though I now kind of want a shirt with Winnie-the-Pooh a thief mask or balaclava carrying a big sack of loot…

^^'

lisamarlene wrote:

SUCCESS! I finally registered for the Fort Worth Zoo run (the race just happens to be the exact same day as the last day of my training program, so it counts as my "final"), posted it on FB just to give myself no-backing-out-now accountability, and within half an hour, three girlfriends all said they wanted to sign up and run it with me!

I HAVE FRIENDS! Not just internet friends, but DOING THINGS TOGETHER FRIENDS! It only took eight months!

*Gives LM a big thumbs up*


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LordSynos wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

My brother is currently doing Final Fantasy XIV at the moment because they’re offering free play. I don’t think I’ll join him since I’m rather busy trying to find time to work out. Pokemon Go was one of the ways where couch potatoes all over the world were going out to parks and getting some sunshine. Because they were trying to catch their legendary pokemon there. I think getting couch potatoes out of the house is already a great feat in itself.

No getting me nekkid isn't a feat.

*gets dressed as she glares at the thread*

I thought I was the only one here playing pokemon go (I just caught a celibai btw!) I'm gonna have to add you folks to my friend list I only have like 5 friends on it atm.

Do, do! I appreciate more Poké friends. :) Particularly ones that will send me foreign eggs. :P

Gratz on Celebi btw. :)

** spoiler omitted **

Oh that's right we can get ones we can't normally capture from each other! I guess I better catch some tauros. I'm not sure what other ones.

Hmm Mort friend me I need more multi-national friends.

Trainer code:
7812 3455 5501

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
LordSynos wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

My brother is currently doing Final Fantasy XIV at the moment because they’re offering free play. I don’t think I’ll join him since I’m rather busy trying to find time to work out. Pokemon Go was one of the ways where couch potatoes all over the world were going out to parks and getting some sunshine. Because they were trying to catch their legendary pokemon there. I think getting couch potatoes out of the house is already a great feat in itself.

No getting me nekkid isn't a feat.

*gets dressed as she glares at the thread*

I thought I was the only one here playing pokemon go (I just caught a celibai btw!) I'm gonna have to add you folks to my friend list I only have like 5 friends on it atm.

Do, do! I appreciate more Poké friends. :) Particularly ones that will send me foreign eggs. :P

Gratz on Celebi btw. :)

** spoiler omitted **

Oh that's right we can get ones we can't normally capture from each other! I guess I better catch some tauros. I'm not sure what other ones.

Hmm Mort friend me I need more multi-national friends.
** spoiler omitted **

Send you an invite!

Ive fallen out of habit of playing due to being in the states, but I should pick it up again now the weather is getting better here.


I like your hat Woran. Yours too Synos. Not a Gengar fan are you?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

While all our scheduled events aren't lined up, we at least know which cities we'll be in on which dates, in case any of the Western European FaWtLers want to meet up with us for an afternoon of tourism or dinner or some such. (And yes, Lord Synos gets the biggest gripe because we're in the U.K. for 9 days and don't make it to Ireland, and Drejk can go ahead and grouch that we don't even make eastern Germany, much less Poland):

** spoiler omitted **

That's a nice itinery, there's some good views in the Highlands. Unfortunately, I'm mid-way between your 2 capital UK stops. But everything I've heard about Edinburgh is that's it's a marvellous place for tourists.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
LordSynos wrote:
Recruited two more people in work in Pokémon Go, so we're up to 5 now. Hoping to take on some 4* raids soon, maybe even a five, once the newer members have levelled up a bit. :)
I'm jealous. Nobody plays with me. Getting into a raid takes carefull planning with a few select friends :(

I'm very lucky how it worked out. When I started, I had no one either. But about a year ago, I found out one of my co-workers in IT played and we teamed up. And since then, we've managed to recruit 3 more co-workers between us.

There's probably a Discord/Facebook/Telegram group for your locality, the P Go communities tend to cluster. Can't catch Legendaries without some backup, after all. Well, actually, you can now, just not the raid Legendaries. :P


2 people marked this as a favorite.
others wrote:
balaclava
others wrote:
balaclavas
others wrote:
balaclavas

You... aren't all wearing honey-chocolate fluff pastries... right? Or did I reeeeaaaaaally miss an exercise trend somewhere?


gran rey de los mono wrote:
Anyone need an ark welder? Because I Noah guy.

Hey! That's my bit!

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I like your hat Woran. Yours too Synos. Not a Gengar fan are you?

I love Gengar, he's one of my favourites. ^_^ But Mismagius' hat is just too amazing to pass up. :D

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
others wrote:
balaclava
others wrote:
balaclavas
others wrote:
balaclavas
You... aren't all wearing honey-chocolate fluff pastries... right? Or did I reeeeaaaaaally miss an exercise trend somewhere?

That's a baklava, isn't it?

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think we have 6 or 7 FaWtLers in Pokémon Go now, and 3 or 4 FaWtL adjunct PGers, so a good crowd. :) We can gift and battle at a distance, as well as build up friendship level for that lovely XP boost, but unfortunately not trade. :( But if we ever meet in person, having levelled up friendship will make trading cheaper. :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
LordSynos wrote:
I think we have 6 or 7 FaWtLers in Pokémon Go now, and 3 or 4 FaWtL adjunct PGers, so a good crowd. :) We can gift and battle at a distance, as well as build up friendship level for that lovely XP boost, but unfortunately not trade. :( But if we ever meet in person, having levelled up friendship will make trading cheaper. :)

Yeah the exp bonus is awesome.

I thought you could trade at a distance with a best friend?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I've not played Go in months. Blasted weather/school.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sorry guys, I don't play Pokemon Go. But I still think it's cool on how many couch potatoes it's gotten out of the house.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
others wrote:
balaclava
others wrote:
balaclavas
others wrote:
balaclavas
You... aren't all wearing honey-chocolate fluff pastries... right? Or did I reeeeaaaaaally miss an exercise trend somewhere?

It would be a very bad idea, trust me.

*starts salivating*

Om Nom Nom Nom Nom!


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
others wrote:
balaclava
others wrote:
balaclavas
others wrote:
balaclavas
You... aren't all wearing honey-chocolate fluff pastries... right? Or did I reeeeaaaaaally miss an exercise trend somewhere?

Only a monster puts chocolate in baklava.

Baklava.

Now I'm envying you the close proximity of Ocala to Tarpon Springs.

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I like your hat Woran. Yours too Synos. Not a Gengar fan are you?

Its chilly and rainy here. My avatar needs to stay warm when walking outside so much :P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Woran wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
I like your hat Woran. Yours too Synos. Not a Gengar fan are you?
Its chilly and rainy here. My avatar needs to stay warm when walking outside so much :P

Well I thought the hat was a bit fishy but that is solid reasoning.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
LordSynos wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:

My brother is currently doing Final Fantasy XIV at the moment because they’re offering free play. I don’t think I’ll join him since I’m rather busy trying to find time to work out. Pokemon Go was one of the ways where couch potatoes all over the world were going out to parks and getting some sunshine. Because they were trying to catch their legendary pokemon there. I think getting couch potatoes out of the house is already a great feat in itself.

No getting me nekkid isn't a feat.

*gets dressed as she glares at the thread*

I thought I was the only one here playing pokemon go (I just caught a celibai btw!) I'm gonna have to add you folks to my friend list I only have like 5 friends on it atm.

Do, do! I appreciate more Poké friends. :) Particularly ones that will send me foreign eggs. :P

Gratz on Celebi btw. :)

** spoiler omitted **

Oh that's right we can get ones we can't normally capture from each other! I guess I better catch some tauros. I'm not sure what other ones.

Hmm Mort friend me I need more multi-national friends.
** spoiler omitted **

Regional Pokémon:
  • Farfetch'd — Parts of South East Asia
  • Kangaskhan — Australia
  • Mr. Mime — Parts of Western Europe
  • Tauros — Parts of North America
  • Heracross — Central and South America
  • Corsola — Tropical areas along the equator
  • Torkoal — India and surroundings
  • Zangoose — Currently Europe, Asia, and Oceania
  • Seviper — Currently Americas and Africa
  • Solrock — Current Europe, Asia, and Oceania
  • Lunatone — Currently Americas and Africa
  • Relicanth —New Zealand and surroundings
  • Illumise — Currently Americas and Africa
  • Volbeat — Current Europe, Asia, and Oceania
  • Tropius —Africa

I've got plenty Zangoose, Mr. Mine, and Solrock for trade, but I don't need any of the Gen 1 regionals, or Lunatone, due to an event last year, which allowed you to get them despite the region restriction. I don't mind trading for anything though, I'm working on the Pilot badge (1m km between Pokémon traded). :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Cool yeah I don't have any regional exclusive besides you know the ones for my region.

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
LordSynos wrote:
I think we have 6 or 7 FaWtLers in Pokémon Go now, and 3 or 4 FaWtL adjunct PGers, so a good crowd. :) We can gift and battle at a distance, as well as build up friendship level for that lovely XP boost, but unfortunately not trade. :( But if we ever meet in person, having levelled up friendship will make trading cheaper. :)

Yeah the exp bonus is awesome.

I thought you could trade at a distance with a best friend?

Not as far as I'm aware, though that would be super awesome if true. :D

I could test with Orthos or TL, we're BFs. Or with Woran, in 6 more days, if she opens my gifts. *nudge, nudge* :P


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

This morning, I did my run in 25-degree weather in a balaclava.

Then I got scared that one of my neighbors would get freaked that someone was running through the neighborhood in a balaclava before dawn and call the cops. Which would have been so awkward. No one did. It was probably because you don't look very scary in a Winnie-the-Pooh sweatshirt no matter what's on your head.

great. Now I want a pic of that.

As an aside I was excited to go to my friends house because she said she had baklava for me.

She did not.

She had a balaclava.

Which upset me only a little bit, as I need the balaclava for cycling.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

SUCCESS! I finally registered for the Fort Worth Zoo run (the race just happens to be the exact same day as the last day of my training program, so it counts as my "final"), posted it on FB just to give myself no-backing-out-now accountability, and within half an hour, three girlfriends all said they wanted to sign up and run it with me!

I HAVE FRIENDS! Not just internet friends, but DOING THINGS TOGETHER FRIENDS! It only took eight months!

pah. Internet friends are better.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:

My brother is currently doing Final Fantasy XIV at the moment because they’re offering free play. I don’t think I’ll join him since I’m rather busy trying to find time to work out. Pokemon Go was one of the ways where couch potatoes all over the world were going out to parks and getting some sunshine. Because they were trying to catch their legendary pokemon there. I think getting couch potatoes out of the house is already a great feat in itself.

No getting me nekkid isn't a feat.

*gets dressed as she glares at the thread*

I certainly hope not! :D


3 people marked this as a favorite.

>.>... This old lady keeps looking at me like she is trying to get my attention. When I look up and start to say something she quickly looks away.... Weird....


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I've always been a scarf person myself.

Had to look up what a balaclava was, and then realized they're ski masks.

Most baklava in the Midwest that I've seen at least has chocolate lightly drizzled on top, is that wrong?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Now she is drinking coffee just outside of my normal field of vision I can just make out she is looking at me in my peripheral but If I turn she quickly averts her gaze.

I need 1st shift to hurry and get here. I'm a little weirded out.

Edit: She finally walked up and asked me where a scale would be. (gym btw)


7 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

John is absolutely right, I do owe Vidmaster an apology.

Not only for being an a&#*++& today, but for all the times I've made fun of his grammar and spelling previously, it was a dick move and I'm sorry.

Alright man I'll accept that apology. I might still take a bit not responding to your posts to make sure I don't have any negativeness coming through. I didn't mind the jokes to much and I know its a flaw, but the last one felt more malicious then joking around. I appreciate the apology. I'll chalk it up to stress.

Hope your days get a stress reduction.

I don't blame you, I was an a&!+@+!, straight up.

Again, I'm sorry, I was fed up with s~#@ at home and lashed out at you instead of those which were frustrating me, it was a s%&~ty thing to do.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

John is absolutely right, I do owe Vidmaster an apology.

Not only for being an a&#*++& today, but for all the times I've made fun of his grammar and spelling previously, it was a dick move and I'm sorry.

Alright man I'll accept that apology. I might still take a bit not responding to your posts to make sure I don't have any negativeness coming through. I didn't mind the jokes to much and I know its a flaw, but the last one felt more malicious then joking around. I appreciate the apology. I'll chalk it up to stress.

Hope your days get a stress reduction.

I don't blame you, I was an a%+#%$+, straight up.

Again, I'm sorry, I was fed up with s$+% at home and lashed out at you instead of those which were frustrating me, it was a s+&$ty thing to do.

Alright I got ya. I understand. We can just put it behind us.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I've always been a scarf person myself.

Had to look up what a balaclava was, and then realized they're ski masks.

Most baklava in the Midwest that I've seen at least has chocolate lightly drizzled on top, is that wrong?

If it’s wrong, then I don’t want to be right...


lisamarlene wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
others wrote:
balaclava
others wrote:
balaclavas
others wrote:
balaclavas
You... aren't all wearing honey-chocolate fluff pastries... right? Or did I reeeeaaaaaally miss an exercise trend somewhere?

Only a monster puts chocolate in baklava.

Baklava.

Now I'm envying you the close proximity of Ocala to Tarpon Springs.

I don’t know where that is. I’m a ruuuuuuuuube


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Also to be honest I thought they were talking about the dessert item as well.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Apparently my relief is stuck in traffic. At least the staring lady left.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Damn. Now I'm hungry. I could eat a balaclava.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

School is hosting league music conference today. Every. Single. Child is radiating so much stress.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
My Local Coffeeshop wrote:
I IV I love Roman Numerals


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Local Coffeeshop wrote:
I broke a finger today, on the other hand I'm fine.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
DSXMachina wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

While all our scheduled events aren't lined up, we at least know which cities we'll be in on which dates, in case any of the Western European FaWtLers want to meet up with us for an afternoon of tourism or dinner or some such. (And yes, Lord Synos gets the biggest gripe because we're in the U.K. for 9 days and don't make it to Ireland, and Drejk can go ahead and grouch that we don't even make eastern Germany, much less Poland):

** spoiler omitted **
That's a nice itinery, there's some good views in the Highlands. Unfortunately, I'm mid-way between your 2 capital UK stops. But everything I've heard about Edinburgh is that's it's a marvellous place for tourists.

Well, we fell in absolute love with Scotland when GothBard and I toodled on through in 1997, which kind of explains why there's such a chunk of our vacation there. Yes, Edinburgh is amazing (or at least it was 20 years ago), and Inverness is beautiful. I doubt 20 years will have changed things much, but we'll see...


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I got some vaccinations renewed yesterday and I feel like my arm was hit by a lawn dart. The old good ones that you can't buy anymore because someone thought they were dangerous. My cousin and I used to pretend they were hand grenades and threw them at each other in Granny's back yard. She watched from the window and never interfered.

So anyway, my arm feels like that. I know, it's normal. Just makes work a bit more difficult today.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

So this pretty much explains existence in the U.S. as you get older:

I own a small, comfortable house. It's 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, a 1-car garage, and something like 983 square feet. In the back yard is another 300 square foot studio with a 1/4 bath (just a toilet and a sink). Space is at an absolute premium.

Yesterday GothBard visited her mother. And her mother gave her a very silly little sushi plushie because, "Oh, I saw this and I thought it was adorable and it made me think of you so I had to buy it for you!"

It's a nice thought, but now think about this with perhaps half a dozen friends and family, 3-4 times a year, for over 30 years now.

Suddenly that one "cute little plushie" turns into OVER 500 PLUSHIES at a minimum. And yeah, we have even more than that. Plus books, trinkets, just all kinds of other stuff that people saw and figured we "just had to have".

The Fake Russian had a surprise 50th birthday party last weekend (I was delighted to find a sympathy card that was worded just right, offering condolences and well-wishes). He said, "I know NobodysHome hates things, so whenever I think of giving him a gift, instead I give him a list of all the things I didn't buy for him."

And I am truly grateful...


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

So this pretty much explains existence in the U.S. as you get older:

I own a small, comfortable house. It's 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, a 1-car garage, and something like 983 square feet. In the back yard is another 300 square foot studio with a 1/4 bath (just a toilet and a sink). Space is at an absolute premium.

Yesterday GothBard visited her mother. And her mother gave her a very silly little sushi plushie because, "Oh, I saw this and I thought it was adorable and it made me think of you so I had to buy it for you!"

It's a nice thought, but now think about this with perhaps half a dozen friends and family, 3-4 times a year, for over 30 years now.

Suddenly that one "cute little plushie" turns into OVER 500 PLUSHIES at a minimum. And yeah, we have even more than that. Plus books, trinkets, just all kinds of other stuff that people saw and figured we "just had to have".

The Fake Russian had a surprise 50th birthday party last weekend (I was delighted to find a sympathy card that was worded just right, offering condolences and well-wishes). He said, "I know NobodysHome hates things, so whenever I think of giving him a gift, instead I give him a list of all the things I didn't buy for him."

And I am truly grateful...

Sell the kids and all of their stuff and you'll have plenty of space. You can probably get a good price at this place I know...

...

...

Why are you looking at me like that?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

John is absolutely right, I do owe Vidmaster an apology.

Not only for being an a&#*++& today, but for all the times I've made fun of his grammar and spelling previously, it was a dick move and I'm sorry.

Alright man I'll accept that apology. I might still take a bit not responding to your posts to make sure I don't have any negativeness coming through. I didn't mind the jokes to much and I know its a flaw, but the last one felt more malicious then joking around. I appreciate the apology. I'll chalk it up to stress.

Hope your days get a stress reduction.

I don't blame you, I was an a$~$@!#, straight up.

Again, I'm sorry, I was fed up with s$@~ at home and lashed out at you instead of those which were frustrating me, it was a s*#+ty thing to do.

if I was closer, I would take you out for a nightcap. It sounds like you are under lots of stress.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

So this pretty much explains existence in the U.S. as you get older:

I own a small, comfortable house. It's 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, a 1-car garage, and something like 983 square feet. In the back yard is another 300 square foot studio with a 1/4 bath (just a toilet and a sink). Space is at an absolute premium.

Yesterday GothBard visited her mother. And her mother gave her a very silly little sushi plushie because, "Oh, I saw this and I thought it was adorable and it made me think of you so I had to buy it for you!"

It's a nice thought, but now think about this with perhaps half a dozen friends and family, 3-4 times a year, for over 30 years now.

Suddenly that one "cute little plushie" turns into OVER 500 PLUSHIES at a minimum. And yeah, we have even more than that. Plus books, trinkets, just all kinds of other stuff that people saw and figured we "just had to have".

The Fake Russian had a surprise 50th birthday party last weekend (I was delighted to find a sympathy card that was worded just right, offering condolences and well-wishes). He said, "I know NobodysHome hates things, so whenever I think of giving him a gift, instead I give him a list of all the things I didn't buy for him."

And I am truly grateful...

Sell the kids and all of their stuff and you'll have plenty of space. You can probably get a good price at this place I know...

...

...

Why are you looking at me like that?

Believe me, I've tried. I spent at least 10 hours setting up a garage sale for the kids. As I think I mentioned, Girl Next Door tanked it.

So every dry day (there aren't many) I put out a toy and they're slowly vanishing (nice kid-friendly neighborhood). Any toys not worth giving away go directly into the trash.

The notion of trying to sell this stuff is just beyond overwhelming for me. Everyone says, "Oh, you can just sell it!"

Spend 2-3 days of my life to make $50-$100?

No, I'm waaaaaay past the point in my life where that's worth my time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Donate it to Saint Vincent DePaul, we're regular donaters there.

And buyers, kids and all.

Plus the one on Willy street has the best book department of any thrift store (it was set up by a guy that spent 30 years working in book stores and the library).


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:

John is absolutely right, I do owe Vidmaster an apology.

Not only for being an a&#*++& today, but for all the times I've made fun of his grammar and spelling previously, it was a dick move and I'm sorry.

Alright man I'll accept that apology. I might still take a bit not responding to your posts to make sure I don't have any negativeness coming through. I didn't mind the jokes to much and I know its a flaw, but the last one felt more malicious then joking around. I appreciate the apology. I'll chalk it up to stress.

Hope your days get a stress reduction.

I don't blame you, I was an a$~$@!#, straight up.

Again, I'm sorry, I was fed up with s$@~ at home and lashed out at you instead of those which were frustrating me, it was a s*#+ty thing to do.

if I was closer, I would take you out for a nightcap. It sounds like you are under lots of stress.

Okay, but you'll have to bring a babysitter, because the General will definitely want to come with and a night on the town with Freehold, Captain Yesterday, and the General is no place for children.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

Donate it to Saint Vincent DePaul, we're regular donaters there.

And buyers, kids and all.

Plus the one on Willy street has the best book department of any thrift store (it was set up by a guy that spent 30 years working in book stores and the library).

In the Bay Area, you cannot donate used toys. Anywhere. Believe me, I've tried.

I think it was Freehold who pointed out that too many people have donated louse- or bedbug-infested stuffies, so donating them is no longer an option.

EDIT: I think it was last year that a helpful FaWtLer did some extensive Google searching to prove me wrong, and pointed me to a couple of charities that claimed to accept used toys. I followed up, and the most recent one said, "Yeah, we stopped accepting used stuff back in 2012."
There are serious environmental issues living in a high-disposable-income area. Nobody thinks twice about the repercussions of just throwing everything in the trash and buying new. *SIGH*.

220,051 to 220,100 of 242,959 << first < prev | 4397 | 4398 | 4399 | 4400 | 4401 | 4402 | 4403 | 4404 | 4405 | 4406 | 4407 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.