Starfinder Core Rulebook

4.60/5 (based on 32 ratings)
Starfinder Core Rulebook

Add Hardcover $59.99 $44.99

Add PDF $9.99

Facebook Twitter Email

Shoot for the Stars

Blast off into a galaxy of adventure with the Starfinder Roleplaying Game! Step into your powered armor and grab your magic-infused laser rifle as you investigate the mysteries of a weird universe with your bold starship crew. Will you delve for lost artifacts in the ruins of alien temples? Strap on rune-enhanced armor and a laser rifle to battle undead empires in fleets of bone ships, or defend colonists from a swarm of ravenous monsters? Maybe you'll hack into the mainframe of a god-run corporation, or search the stars for clues to the secret history of the universe or brand new planets to explore. Whether you're making first contact with new cultures on uncharted worlds or fighting to survive in the neon-lit back alleys of Absalom Station, you and your team will need all your wits, combat skill, and magic to make it through. But most of all, you'll need each other.

This massive 528-page hardcover rulebook is the essential centerpiece of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game, with rules for character creation, magic, gear, and more—everything you need to play Starfinder as either a player or Game Master! The next great adventure in science-fantasy roleplaying takes off here, and the Starfinder Core Rulebook is your ticket to a lifetime of adventure amid the stars!

Inside this book, you'll find:

  • All of the rules you need to play or run a game of Starfinder.
  • Seven character classes, from the elite soldier and stealthy operative to the physics-hacking technomancer and mind-bending mystic.
  • Character races both new and classic, from androids, insectile shirrens, ratlike ysoki, and reptilian vesk to the dwarves and elves of the distant future.
  • An in-depth exploration of the Starfinder setting, including its planets, gods, factions, and threats.
  • Hundreds of weapons, spells, technological gadgets, magic items, and other options to outfit any character.
  • Complete rules for starships, including customization and starship combat.
  • Rules and tips on using Pathfinder RPG content with Starfinder.

ISBN-13: 978-1-60125-956-1

Downloads

Note: This product is part of the Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscription.

Product Availability

Hardcover:

Available now

Ships from our warehouse in 1 to 5 business days.

PDF:

Fulfilled immediately.

Are there errors or omissions in this product information? Got corrections? Let us know at store@paizo.com.

PZO7101


See Also:

1 to 5 of 33 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Average product rating:

4.60/5 (based on 32 ratings)

Sign in to create or edit a product review.

Fantasy in Space

5/5

My title says it all: "Fantasy in Space".

I've been playing this set of rules for 2 years now and I will state that it is fantastic!

Be warned that this fantasy setting has both magic and technology. It builds completely on the fantasy genre and adds technology to the mix.

For those looking for hard science-fiction, I'd recommend looking elsewhere. It's hard to run that type of campaign with this ruleset without having to make a ton of changes.

This is currently my favorite futuristic game and I highly recommend it!


Tells this type of story best.

5/5

Starfinder's system tells science fantasy well, in that it's mechanics are techie and detailed, more so than more narrative rulesets. It feels designed for the genre, and makes tech stuff and starships mesh with magic and spells so they feel like they fit rather than feeling like part of the game was bolted on.

A well designed system for an underserved sci-fan market.


Absolutely love it.

5/5

It's the real deal, this book fulfills the definition of "core" to perfection.
First the only couple of "bad" things: 1) the monsters are missing, and that is surely due to the fact that it's already a huge book, so it's understandable. Besides, you can download "First Contact" for free and use those to start you off, or you can adapt Pathfinder monsters very easily with the guidelines provided in this book.
2) A few corrections were done to the part about starship combat, for which you will have to look-up the errata page online and mark down the modifications (mostly to DCs of actions in space). But to be honest, that doesn't bother me.
Apart from that, this book does a fantastic job explaining the game and quickly teaching you how to play it with lots of examples and pre-made combinations of choices for characters to guide you, should you need it. They managed to cram so much in this book that it's in itself a notable feat, but more than that, every topic is presented with enough depth to not leave you wanting too much.
The section on starships is both bold in scope and very welcome!
The value for your money alone would warrant 5 stars, let alone the fantastic layout, illustration, narration and convincing world-building.
Oh, I almost forgot about the game itself, how shall I put it... it's extraordinarily good! Exciting, fun, easy to play, sufficiently original without being weird, a bold start to a cosmic saga that continues the enormous lore of Pathfinder and opens it up to stellar proportions.
My new favorite tabletop rpg!


Loving the SciFi!

5/5

Been playing RPGs since 1977. Very excited to start playing StarFinder. Great value, 1 book is all a player needs, epic artwork, sturdy construction, the list goes on. Definitely a game produced by gamers, for gamers. I bought the physical book and then, for he first time in my life, the pdf version. If you’ve never bought a pdf before, I highly recommend it, EXCEPTIONAL value.


5/5


1 to 5 of 33 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
351 to 400 of 949 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

The anticipation is killing me


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Kandiell wrote:
so if you only pre-ordered online, is it shipping today? or on the 17th? i pre-ordered on july 10th

If you got your authorization e-mail between Thursday and today, your shipment should occur some time between today and August 18th per this thread.


*waiting intensifies some more*


2 people marked this as a favorite.
David knott 242 wrote:
If you got your authorization e-mail between Thursday and today, your shipment should occur some time between today and August 18th per this thread.
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
*waiting intensifies some more*

>_>

<_<

{quietly moves Rysky's order to the end of the queue}


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Hunt, the PugWumpus wrote:
David knott 242 wrote:
If you got your authorization e-mail between Thursday and today, your shipment should occur some time between today and August 18th per this thread.
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
*waiting intensifies some more*

>_>

<_<

{quietly moves Rysky's order to the end of the queue}

*slowly narrows eyes at the Pugwumpus*


Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
Hunt, the PugWumpus wrote:
David knott 242 wrote:
If you got your authorization e-mail between Thursday and today, your shipment should occur some time between today and August 18th per this thread.
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
*waiting intensifies some more*

>_>

<_<

{quietly moves Rysky's order to the end of the queue}

*slowly narrows eyes at the Pugwumpus*

*narrows eyes at everyone, waiting patiently for his pre-order, as well.* The wait is killing me. lol. I mean, I can guess that it's killing you guys, as well! *sips his soda*


David knott 242 wrote:
Kandiell wrote:
so if you only pre-ordered online, is it shipping today? or on the 17th? i pre-ordered on july 10th

If you got your authorization e-mail between Thursday and today, your shipment should occur some time between today and August 18th per this thread.

i dont think i got an authorization email? double checked my spam folder and everything. as much as i enjoy their products, i find paizo to be very unclear when it comes to things like this. i pre-ordered july 10th and now ill get my copy after the books hit the shelves? why did i pay 50$ of shipping then? lol


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Kandiell wrote:
David knott 242 wrote:
Kandiell wrote:
so if you only pre-ordered online, is it shipping today? or on the 17th? i pre-ordered on july 10th

If you got your authorization e-mail between Thursday and today, your shipment should occur some time between today and August 18th per this thread.

i dont think i got an authorization email? double checked my spam folder and everything. as much as i enjoy their products, i find paizo to be very unclear when it comes to things like this. i pre-ordered july 10th and now ill get my copy after the books hit the shelves? why did i pay 50$ of shipping then? lol

If you didn't get an authorization e-mail, then something went wrong with your order. You should start a thread in the Customer Service section about it.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

FYI: I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet.

Cheers,

-Skeld


... got me excited there.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

You only get shipping notices at this time if you are a subscriber, not for normal preorders. All non-subscription orders are filled at street date time.


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Skeld, PDF Prophet wrote:

FYI: I haven't gotten my shipping notice yet.

Cheers,

-Skeld

That‘s highly unusual!

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Companion, Lost Omens, Pawns, Rulebook Subscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber

I just got this email titled "Pre-Order 66." Should I open it?


Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber
Zaister wrote:
You only get shipping notices at this time if you are a subscriber, not for normal preorders. All non-subscription orders are filled at street date time.

Wait... are you saying that preorders don't ship until street date, meaning that you get it later as a result of preordering than if you went to your local store?

Or am I misunderstanding you?


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I do know that if you have at least one subscription, non-subscription items that come out at the same time as items from your subscription do go out with your subscription shipment. I have never been in a position where I pre-ordered something with no active subscriptions, so I am not sure what happens in that case.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

I think I remember a post from vic that preorders are also sent out at this time.

Note that the only reason not to subscribe is if you don't want the PDF. (That I can think of, anyway).


My order is 'pending' and not 'downloading' so I've clearly got the wrong ing.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

3 people marked this as a favorite.
David knott 242 wrote:
Kandiell wrote:
David knott 242 wrote:
Kandiell wrote:
so if you only pre-ordered online, is it shipping today? or on the 17th? i pre-ordered on july 10th

If you got your authorization e-mail between Thursday and today, your shipment should occur some time between today and August 18th per this thread.

i dont think i got an authorization email? double checked my spam folder and everything. as much as i enjoy their products, i find paizo to be very unclear when it comes to things like this. i pre-ordered july 10th and now ill get my copy after the books hit the shelves? why did i pay 50$ of shipping then? lol

If you didn't get an authorization e-mail, then something went wrong with your order. You should start a thread in the Customer Service section about it.

This is not the case for all orders. We don't send out "authorization emails" we send out confirmation emails for order spawning for subscription copies. For example, if someone preordered and did not subscribe, then they would not get an email.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
Hunt, the PugWumpus wrote:
David knott 242 wrote:
If you got your authorization e-mail between Thursday and today, your shipment should occur some time between today and August 18th per this thread.
Rysky the Dark Solarion wrote:
*waiting intensifies some more*

>_>

<_<

{quietly moves Rysky's order to the end of the queue}

*slowly narrows eyes at the Pugwumpus*

*slowly narrows eyes at the Pugwumpus AND Rysky*

EDIT:*then puts in garbage orders just ahead of Rysky's*

<.<
>.>


Pathfinder Rulebook Subscriber

Sadly looks like nothing for today.

Grand Lodge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Tajic wrote:
Sadly looks like nothing for today.

Maybe nothing this week.

-Skeld


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Sneaks into Skeld's house for a shower.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
Sneaks into Skeld's house for a shower.

Anyone want the webcam address for this show?

-Skeld


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Skeld wrote:
Tajic wrote:
Sadly looks like nothing for today.

Maybe nothing this week.

-Skeld

That seems more like a "just in case it DOES take until next week" thing, since the PF releases this month are just Ruins of Azlant 1 and Elemental Master's Handbook. Considering most subscriptions are fulfilled in the first day, I can't imagine Starfinder's going to take 7 to even start.


Skeld wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Sneaks into Skeld's house for a shower.

Anyone want the webcam address for this show?

-Skeld

Yes.


Could you have a crew of intrepid heroes ship it to me using their drift drive? Or UPS whichever is faster.

Dark Archive

Pathfinder Card Game, Pathfinder Accessories Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Charter Superscriber
Alchemaic wrote:
Skeld wrote:
Tajic wrote:
Sadly looks like nothing for today.

Maybe nothing this week.

-Skeld

That seems more like a "just in case it DOES take until next week" thing, since the PF releases this month are just Ruins of Azlant 1 and Elemental Master's Handbook. Considering most subscriptions are fulfilled in the first day, I can't imagine Starfinder's going to take 7 to even start.

They aren't actually fulfilled on the first day. Your email and PDF access (and charge) come when they run off the shipping label. For standard orders, they run off a whole stack of labels, and then work through them until everything is gone, which can take several days.


According to the latest customer service post in the August shipping thread, it will probably be a couple days at least before Starfinder starts shipping, since they said they are doing Pathfinder only shipments first.

Dark Archive

By the way: Amazon.com & Amazon.de list all the initial Starfinder products as shipping september 5th...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

Interesting.

I looked a few days ago and it was listed as August 17th. :-)

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Joana answers all your questions.

Joana wrote:

Vic Wertz, October 2009:

Vic Wertz wrote:

We don't ship (or sell) directly to Amazon—we ship to the distributor they buy from. Our distributor shipments went out two weeks ago and, from there, when, how, and where the books go is out of our hands. The retail release date is today, October 21, and most of our distributors should have had enough time to get copies to most of their retailers by today.

I have no idea why Amazon is post-dating the release date.

Chris Self, May 2011:

Chris Self wrote:

The distributor Amazon buys from, Diamond, releases new items on Tuesday. Paizo releases new items on Wednesday. So, Diamond will release their new Paizo items the Tuesday after Paizo releases them. Which means that Amazon won't have them on release day.

A few days before release date, Amazon's algorithms will say, "Huh, we don't have this book that's releasing on Wednesday in stock. Let's push the release date back a month."

Viola. Amazon says that the product isn't available and is releasing a month late.

Vic Wertz, June 2013:

Vic Wertz wrote:
The retail release date is June 26. (Never trust Amazon's release dates for our products; they have no bearing on reality.)

This is absolutely standard procedure for new Paizo products at Amazon. Maybe you've ordered already-released product from them before?

-Skeld


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens Subscriber

It's worth nothing that at least here in my area Amazon lists it today as releasing on August 17th but seeing as I don't trust Amazon dates I canceled my pre-order and signed up for the Paizo Subscriptions as soon as they went up :)


HammerJack wrote:
Zaister wrote:
You only get shipping notices at this time if you are a subscriber, not for normal preorders. All non-subscription orders are filled at street date time.

Wait... are you saying that preorders don't ship until street date, meaning that you get it later as a result of preordering than if you went to your local store?

Or am I misunderstanding you?

as far as i understand, i think thats how it works, which makes me regret a thousandfold pre-ordering but not subscribing, because not only will i get it later than street date, but i paid nearly double the price because shipping was 46$ on a 59$ item. ill simply never order anything online from paizo again, frankly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

I believe pre-orders are sent out the same as subscriptions unless you have it set up to ship with a later subscription. You just miss out on the early pdf. :-)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Rulebook, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber

And lots of people subscribe for one item and cancel afterwards, nothing wrong with going that route. :-)


This isn't the thread for it really*, but for everyone who says they are experiencing high shipping (postage and other fees), how are you getting other items you order from other retailers in the U.S. shipped cheaper?

* I'm not sure in which forum to create such a thread.


Pathfinder Card Game, Maps, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber

In the past, non-subscription preorders for Paizo products were shipped at the same time as subscriber copies. I would be surprised if that did not hold true for Starfinder as well. So, depending on where you are in the queue and how long the shipping itself takes, you may get it a couple of days before street date, you may get it on street date, or you may get it after street date.

Dark Archive

amazon listing


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Companion, Maps Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Kandiell wrote:
HammerJack wrote:
Zaister wrote:
You only get shipping notices at this time if you are a subscriber, not for normal preorders. All non-subscription orders are filled at street date time.

Wait... are you saying that preorders don't ship until street date, meaning that you get it later as a result of preordering than if you went to your local store?

Or am I misunderstanding you?

as far as i understand, i think thats how it works, which makes me regret a thousandfold pre-ordering but not subscribing, because not only will i get it later than street date, but i paid nearly double the price because shipping was 46$ on a 59$ item. ill simply never order anything online from paizo again, frankly.

Subscriptions and preorders go out during the same shipping window. The only difference is that those who have preordered don't get the "we are about to ship your subscriptions" email that goes out during order spawning; their order was "spawned" when they placed it and received the confirmation.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Starfinder Accessories, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Joana wrote:
Kandiell wrote:
HammerJack wrote:
Zaister wrote:
You only get shipping notices at this time if you are a subscriber, not for normal preorders. All non-subscription orders are filled at street date time.

Wait... are you saying that preorders don't ship until street date, meaning that you get it later as a result of preordering than if you went to your local store?

Or am I misunderstanding you?

as far as i understand, i think thats how it works, which makes me regret a thousandfold pre-ordering but not subscribing, because not only will i get it later than street date, but i paid nearly double the price because shipping was 46$ on a 59$ item. ill simply never order anything online from paizo again, frankly.

Subscriptions and preorders go out during the same shipping window. The only difference is that those who have preordered don't get the "we are about to ship your subscriptions" email that goes out during order spawning; their order was "spawned" when they placed it and received the confirmation.

Also, you can just add a subscription now if you're having regrets.

Subscribing in this case is identical to preordering, except you get a free PDF. You haven't paid anything yet, so you haven't lost anything.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

This isn't the thread for it really*, but for everyone who says they are experiencing high shipping (postage and other fees), how are you getting other items you order from other retailers in the U.S. shipped cheaper?

* I'm not sure in which forum to create such a thread.

I'm not. Shipping from the U.S. is almost always very high, and I haven't found a way around it.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Manager

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Alchemaic wrote:
Considering most subscriptions are fulfilled in the first day,.

This is most definitely not the case.


Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Sara Marie wrote:
Alchemaic wrote:
Considering most subscriptions are fulfilled in the first day,.
This is most definitely not the case.

So I just got lucky before? Cool.

Scarab Sages Developer, Starfinder Team

10 people marked this as a favorite.

Heya folks!

Obviously, some people are going to be getting their pdfs before the street date of August 17th, so I just wanted to pop and and discuss rules clarifications, and pasting text from the books into this thread.

The Starfinder Team won't be addressing rules clarifications until after Gen Con at the earliest. The reason for this is twofold. First, we don't want to begin to focus on details before most people have the book (we still have previews planned, even). Second, we just don't have time. Combining the release and preview info with our regular workload and con prep means we just can't realistically get to it.

Most likely, it's best to hold onto questions until a week or so after release.

Second, I'd like to remind folks that it is not okay to to copy large portions of text from the book. Doing so may result in the suspension or removal of posting privileges.

We want everyone to be excited and be involved, but we don't want to tease folks who can't get the book yet, or spoil any of their experience of cracking open a new RPG for the first time.

Thanks for your attention. :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I don't think I've been this excited for an RPG book since the original Pathfinder core rulebook.


I am a person who buys from retail or amazon and tried to save money when I can. That being said the idea of Starfinder has revitalized my love of pen and paper and has gained my subscription. I do believe I won't be disappointed.


I preordered the limited edition rulebook and now am wondering:
isn't a free PDF included?
Please answer yes ^^
I took it for granted then but have now a growing doubt...


Pathfinder Rulebook, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Raspo wrote:

I preordered the limited edition rulebook and now am wondering:

isn't a free PDF included?
Please answer yes ^^
I took it for granted then but have now a growing doubt...

I believe the free PDF is only included with a subscription, not a preorder. I'm not 100% on that though.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Companion, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Society Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber
Brew Bird wrote:
Raspo wrote:

I preordered the limited edition rulebook and now am wondering:

isn't a free PDF included?
Please answer yes ^^
I took it for granted then but have now a growing doubt...
I believe the free PDF is only included with a subscription, not a preorder. I'm not 100% on that though.

Correct, sadly, it's why I didn't opt for the limited edition.


Ouch.

Can't understand why anyone should put 10$ on top of the full price just to get the PDF, but I guess I'll pay nonetheless...

Anyway, thanks for the info ^^

351 to 400 of 949 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Paizo / Product Discussion / Starfinder Core Rulebook All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.