About Trinh Thi Bian
Trinh Thi Bian
Darkvision (60 feet) - Undines can see in the dark (black and white only).
Energy Resistance, Cold (5) - Undines have the specified Energy Resistance against Cold attacks.
Hunter Tactics (Ex) - At 3rd level, a sacred huntsmaster automatically grants her teamwork feats to her animal companion. The companion doesn’t need to meet the prerequisites of these teamwork feats. This ability replaces solo tactics.
Hydrated Vitality (6 HP/day) - An undine with this racial trait gains fast healing 2 for 1 round anytime she submerges completely within a body of natural salt water, fresh water, or brackish water. Stagnant, poisoned, or trapped water (such as an artificial pit or a bag of holding) does not activate this ability. The undine can heal up to 2 hit points per level per day with this ability, after which it ceases to function. This racial trait replaces water affinity.
Monster Lore +3 (Ex) - The inquisitor adds her Wisdom modifier on Knowledge skill checks in addition to her Intelligence modifier, when making skill checks to identify the abilities and weaknesses of creatures.
Seize the Initiative (6/day) (Su) - Whenever you and your allies roll for initiative, you can grant one ally within 30 feet the ability to roll twice and take either result. This decision is made before results are revealed. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Stern Gaze +1 (Ex) - Inquisitors are skilled at sensing deception and intimidating their foes. An inquisitor receives a morale bonus on all Intimidate and Sense Motive checks equal to 1/2 her inquisitor level (minimum +1).
Teamwork Feat (3/day) - At 3rd level, and every three levels thereafter, the inquisitor gains a bonus feat in addition to those gained from normal advancement. These bonus feats must be selected from those listed as teamwork feats. The inquisitor must meet the prerequisites of the selected bonus feat. As a standard action, the inquisitor can choose to learn a new bonus teamwork feat in place of the most recent bonus teamwork feat she has already learned. In effect, the inquisitor loses the bonus feat in exchange for the new one. She can only change the most recent teamwork feat gained. Whenever she gains a new teamwork feat, the previous teamwork feat becomes set and cannot be changed again. An inquisitor can change her most recent teamwork feat a number of times per day equal to her Wisdom modifier.
Track +1 - At 2nd level, an inquisitor adds half her level on Survival skill checks made to follow or identify tracks.
10 Minute Background:
Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. These can be a concept overview, a list of important life events, a physical description, a personality profile...whatever you need to get an image in your mind. 5 is just a minimum...more elements are encouraged!
(1) Bian is part of the Trinh family who are one of several families that comprise the Central River Traders, thus she has some experience with knowing how to run a business as as well appraise various goods.
(2) Bian is still fairly young for an undine and thus is a bit idealistic.
(3) Though she does carry a longsword as a sign of her devotion to Volcano, Bian has always preferred the feel of a bow in her hands which makes her something of an oddity among both Volcano's faithful and her own people.
(4) Bian's best friend in all the world is a constrictor snake named Bằng Hửu, whom she tamed as a pet and companion when he was a young hatchling.
(5) Though happy to be friends with the willing, Bian is a little more reserved and shy whenever anyone shows a more romantic interest in her though she's rather reluctant to say why.
Step 2: List at least two goals for the character. At least one of these goals should be one that the character has, while another should be one that you, as a player, want to see developed over the course of the game.
(1) Despite her status as an inquisitor of Volcano marking her as a pariah among those faithful to River, Bian hopes to one day help to bridge the gap between the two faiths - and between herself and her sister, Liên.
(2) No exact personal goals as a player beyond having fun! Bian may begin to develop other personal goals as the adventure progresses.
Step 3: List at least two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet.
(1) Bian has cnidophobia, which is a fear of insect stings. This came about after she unintentionally stirred up a nest of hornets one day along the banks of River. It's something she's highly embarrassed about and tries her best to keep secret.
(2) Although the Temple in Hearth isn't inclined to turn down a willing servant in the battle against Dark, there's enough prejudice held for the undine that Bian and others like her tend to be intentionally assigned rather menial and unpleasant tasks most of the time.
Step 4: Describe at least three people that are tied to the character. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile.
(1) Trinh Thi Liên (Female Undine; Unfriendly) - Bian's twin sister and follower of River. Growing up the two were nigh inseparable but when Bian decided to answer Volcano's call their bond was shattered. As far as Bian knows, Liên remains with the Central River Traders.
(2) Niccolo Rossi (Male Ifrit; Friendly-ish) - When Bian first journeyed to Hearth to pledge herself as an inquisitor to Volcano, it took a bit of time for the higher-ups to take her seriously. In the meantime she needed to eat and so got a job at a perfume stall located in the Great Marketplace, owned by ifrit Niccolo Rossi. Although their relationship is somewhat strained by their racial differences, Niccolo slowly grew to have a degree of respect for Bian's business acumen.
(3) Lý Văn Sinh (Male Undine; Friendly) - Fellow undine inquisitor that Bian met once she was finally accepted at the Temple for training. Although he finds her continued reverence for River and Great Forest highly strange, he's rather fond of her and Bằng Hửu. Greatly enjoys teasing her.
Step 5: Describe three memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
(1) When deep in thought Bian taps the ring on her left hand against whatever surface is handy at the time.
(2) One of Bian's fondest memories is of a quiet moment spent with her sister Liên on the banks of River. Volcano's light on their skin, River lapping at their feet, the sight of Great Forest to the north, and the slight breeze ruffling their hair - it was the first time it occurred to Bian that all four aspects of their world each have their place.
(3) Though she normally speaks with a speed and cadence typical of most undines, Bian's speech tends to quicken and run together when she's excited or riled up by something.
Despite the hardships her decision to follow Volcano has brought, Bian is idealistic and generally views the world with a 'glass half full' outlook. However, she has little patience for the cruel and uncaring.
Like nearly all undine Bian is of average height with a slim, lithe build. Her hair is a deep, dark blue while her skin is a much lighter shade of blue. She wears a simple suit of leather armor, with a longsword at her side, a bow slung across her back, and a small buckler on her arm.