I do agree with you and makes total sense. My concern is the severity in terms of duration and how many rolls have to be made. However, I guess that is the nature of storms.
Well, when it comes to the eye of the hurricane it takes like 1-2 hours to pass through. While in college 2 hurricane passed by and the eye passed over our building. Basically, 30 minutes exposed to hurricane force winds, like 30-45 minutes within the eye (calm weather), and then 30 minutes more exposed to the other side of the hurricane eye with force winds.
Lets put this to "perspective"
Severe Tropical Storm
I understand your interpretation (after hurricane then under the effects of STS) which is logical and accurate but then it will be very devastating.
So for every Random Weather rolled (after mod's) you will include also 1 step lower. Correct? This does not apply to Tornado.
Should I contact Mr. McCreary?
Quick question- I am "confused" with the modifier on page 72 (Random Weather). Tropical Storm has a d20 modifier; Severe T. Storm has it at d20+10 modifier.
What does it mean? After rolling % you roll d20 and add to %?
If I read this correctly, for a Hurricane the duration of the storm is 4d6 minutes?!?!?! If so, then a Severe T. Storm is more devastating (3d6 hrs) rolling once for every 10 minutes for Hazards!!!!!
Hi Mr. Jacobs.
Creature (canopy creeper) has 4 (independent) vine range attacks (grab/feed/pull).
If so, then the creeper maintains the grapple (and use the Feed ability again), or pins, or use its pull ability (free CM check with a successful attack). Am I confused??!??!
Basically, after Round 1 the creeper maintains grapple, Feed, and then Pull each round with each vine. Is this correct?
Or is this all wrong and the creeper only attacks 1 foe with all 4 vines?
If cast underwater, does it gains swim speed? Or your deity has to be an aquatic one for the Ally to be able to swim (like Besmara or Gozreh)?
The spell description (APG p. 246): "It has a speed of 30 feet, and a fly speed of 30 feet...".
2) Swarm Template
Taking a medium size or larger creature and convert to a swarm. How does the size of base creature translates to the size of the "swarm size (fine, tiny, diminutive). Is this legal for PF?
1) What is next? Can the dragon finish its move (120') due to fly-by taking the humanoid with it??
2) The grapple condition, as you know, allows the grappler to move half its speed. So, does it mean that of the 120' left of movement the dragon only has 60' left?
3) The grapple is done with what? Bite? One claw? Two claws? (No Snatch feat).
4) Can the dragon attack with its other free appendages not used in the grapple in this example? Or the Snatch feat is needed for this?
1) A Haunt, regardless of how it was created (haunted house, haunted chair, etc.) the only way to identify it is by casting Detect Undead and/or Detect Alignment at a -4. Correct?
2) A cursed item, in order to identify it you need to roll 10 above the normal DC. If not the PC only identifies the normal magical properties. Correct?
I have this chair item. Whoever sits on it gains the Fast Healing 2. Also, I added a Poltergeist (site bound to the chair).
How do I consider this chair. Is it a cursed item or a haunt?
Many thanks for your help.
James Jacobs wrote:
Hi James: where in the Rule Books I can find your explanation (which makes sense).
DM's...I have some more questions.
So, far Plugg, Scourge, and Barnabas have escaped the clutches of my players. I am planning on having Plugg and Scourge return (I know Barnabas is part of the AP on book 57 I think and 60) with their own ships. Scourge/Plugg will resurface when the PC's have gained two levels so I have to bump the NPC's and give them a ship.
1) My question is: can you add Monster templates (that make sense) to NPC's (for examples the Accelerated template)?
A PC is planning on quitting the group. So, we talked and we will have her mutiny (already has influenced 3 crew members and in the near future she will gain like maybe 1/2 the crew; the current Cpt. did an unfathomable action on the ship in which the crew will learn soon enough and the PC will take advantage of that). The Mutiny in AP #55 was a bit strange but it was the PC's vs Scourge and Plugg. I know once the Cpt is defeated the morale drops and basically the ship is lost. I am planning on having this PC go rogue as another recurrent NPC with his own ship (we already came up with a name) assuming he survives.
2) My second question: when it comes to mutiny, does the foe issues a challenge against the captain?
3) My third question is: any suggestions/ideas on having the PC do a mutiny? or how to orchestrate one? I welcome suggestions :)