|Evan Newton Project Manager, Trapdoor Technologies|
Please read the Job Description below and send us an application if interested!
Trapdoor Technologies has need of an experienced Content Editing professional to help us digitally publish the most popular Tabletop Roleplaying game in the world. We are seeking an exceptional human (or cylon) to provide an unparalleled eye for detail and communication as we ramp up our publication schedule.
This is a remote job. We are a distributed team - jammie pants optional, internet connection required.
Trapdoor Technologies is a Boulder, CO-based pioneer in enhanced digital publishing software. Our primary directive is to build a publishing platform specifically designed for 21st century needs. Our flagship product, The Story Machine™, is a scalable, automated, cloud-based publishing engine offering integrated interactive features for digital books, documents and periodicals.
Currently, we are using our technology to build the ultimate digital toolset and publishing platform for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Playbook for Pathfinder.
You love roleplaying games and can easily get into the minutiae of the rules. You notice when published books have editing mistakes and it makes you seethe inside when you can’t get it corrected. You LOVE reading and playing with words. You are also good with technology and love to build great products. It’s really a shame we haven’t moved past PDF’s yet in tabletop gaming.
- Authority on Pathfinder – You probably know the prerequisites for all core prestige classes. You’ve GM’ed at least a year and can speak from experience.
- Eye for Detail - Misspelled words and typos glare out at you like sore thumbs. You also know how to tell the difference between the Fly spell and the Fly skill in context of the text.
- Communication - You are concise and direct in communication. You have no problems building an excel sheet to whatever level of detail needed. Email ninja skills are critical.
- Avid Reader - You go through a couple books a week. Stories are your jam.
- Technology Skills - We are a software company and as it turns out, we use a lot of software. You need to be familiar with iPad tablet and web browsing paradigms. You’ve spent some time in a database or two.
- Work from Home - We are a distributed team. You must have access to a phone, computer, and reliable internet. You must also be self-motivated and not require someone to look over your shoulder to make sure work gets done.
- Digital Product experience - You’ve built digital products before or have been involved enough to know what the process is like.
- Member of the Pathfinder Society
- You’ve found at least one typo in this job description
Please send BOTH a cover letter and updated resume including references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications sent without a cover letter will not be considered. In your cover letter, tell us about yourself. Tell us what you’re into, what inspires you, and why this is something you want to do.