About Calin Moonbreeze
Male half-elf Fighter 2
AC 19, touch 12, flat-footed 15/17 (armor +5,Dex +2, Shield +2)
Melee: Flail +5 (1d8+2/20x2)
Ranged light crossbow +4 (1d8/19-20 x2) rng: 100 ft
Secondary weapons: Short Sword +4 (1d6+2/19-20x2)
Dagger +4M/+4R (1d4+2/ 19-20x2) rng 10 ft
Str 14, Dex 14, Con 13, Int13, Wis 12, Cha 14
Base Atk +2; CMB +4 ; CMD 16 ()
hp 17 (2d10+2)
Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +1
Speed 20 ft.
Favored Class bonus : Skill point
Feats:Combat Expertise (level 1), Skill focus Perception(race), Weapon focus Flail(level 1 fighter bonus feat),Bravery+1 (class),Improved trip (level 2 fighter bonus)
4 per fighter level +2 background
Climb =+6 (+1 rank,+3 trained,+2 str)
Diplomacy = +3 (1 rank, +2 chr)
All skills with armor checks have a -3() penalty.
Friends and Enemies: One of your family members, perhaps a parent, cousin, aunt, or uncle, helped Daviren Hosk put down a group of goblins near Sandpoint. Since then, your family member passed away, but not before telling you about that day and the offer Daviren made her should she ever be in need. Once you make it to Sandpoint and meet up with Daviren Hosk at the Goblin Squash Stables, he gives you one of his best steeds and all the necessary accoutrements as gratitude for your family member’s help: a heavy combat trained horse, a military saddle, saddlebags, bit and bridle, a month’s worth of feed, and lifetime stabling at the Goblin Squash Stables.
Armor Expert - When you wear armor of any sort, reduce that suit's armor check penalty by 1, to a minimum check penalty of 0.
Elven, Common, Dwarven,
Combat Gear:MW Scale mail,MW Flail,MW Hvy steel shield, short sword, 3 Daggers,light crossbow, 20 bolts, 4 cure light wounds potions
Other Gear: backpack, a bedroll,blanket x2 belt pouch x2 , a flint and steel, 50 feet rope, torches (3), trail rations (10 days), and 2 waterskins.
Assets: 202 gp, 18 sp, 7 cp
Elven Immunities: Half-elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells and effects.
Adaptability: Half-elves receive Skill Focus as a bonus feat at 1st level.
Keen Senses: Half-elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Low-Light Vision: Half-elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light.
Calin’s General Background & Concept!
1. Is a quiet rugged young man who's come to Sandpoint originally in search of information on his father, but now to settle in
2. Has a driving need to help those less fortunate than he is
3. Is accutely aware that as a half elf he is trapped between two worlds and not really fit for both
4. Since he has no living family in Sandpoint, and just a few acquaintences, He works very very hard to pass time.
5. There is this beautiful lass who works at the Pixie's Kitten that he has his eye on, but he is too afraid to speak with her.
What Are Calin's Goals?
1. While Content working at the stable's Calin is sure he is meant for more than just peddling horse flesh his whole life.Someday, he wants to be famous enough that perhaps word reaches his mother in distant Kyonin if only to let her know that indeed her son is well, better than well.
Here's Some Characters Related to Calin:
1. Aystellus - Calin's mother was a young wizard studying Sandpoint's lighthouse when she met his father. Their affair was quick and fiery, but burned quickly out. Especially when she discovered His father Dannil was engaged to a shopkeeper's daughter.
2. Tessa Fairwind - Young prostitute working at the Pixie's kitten. She hails originally from Magnimar and was a member of one of its street gangs but fled the city after she lost her sister in a brawl. With not a lot of coin to spare the attractive woman found work where she was able to.
3. Garreck Danvar - One of the ruffians that does some dirty work for the local sczarni toughs and sometime lumbermill worker. After an accidental collision with him outside one of the taverns he has taken a great dislike of the young Half elf.
1. Aside from Mr. Hosk, No one from Calin's family knows who he is. He's often thought of approaching the widow of his father and her two younger (almost teen aged) children but wouldnt know how to start to explain things. As far as he could read in his mother's journal She was unaware of her fiance at the times infedelities.
Calin's Strongest Memories
1. His mother's tears as she bid him farewell.
BACKGROUND - Calin grew up in Greengold, in Kyonin with no knowledge of his father. He grew up playing with elven children, human children and even a few half elven children in the community and seeing the other half elven children's parents answered questions for him. Watching one half of their parents age much faster than the other made him realize his mother couldnt stand the thought of seeing his father age.
In his early 'teens' He took to training with the city watch, the fact he was naturally clumsier than a lot of the elven members made him focus more on his defenses, and he became well used to heavier armor and shield play, and aiding his far more mobile and quick trainees. It was on the eave of his official beginning as a member of the guard when a letter arrived at his home... His father had passed, murdered by a madman in the town of Sandpoint.
The news devastated his mother, she said nothing for weeks. Then one day, she spoke simply. She told her son she was retiring further inland, and she loved him but for the moment she couldnt bear to see him. It brought up too many pained memories of his father. Calin understood. he had known for years his mother was unhappy, and he honestly didnt blame her. She gave him a good amount of gold, Her journal detailing her life before she became pregnant with him and hugged him farewell. He left for Sandpoint the very next morning.
Intended Level scheme if I can find a decent way in game for him to find a calling into paladin, otherwise straight fighter or perhaps some levels in ranger if that makes sense: lvl 1 - fighter, lvl 2 - fighter, lvl 3 - fighter lvl 4 - paladin(stat bump int), lvl 5 - paladin, lvl 6 - paladin, lvl 7 - paladin, lvl 8 - paladin (stat bump Wis) lvl 9 - paladin lvl 10 - paladin lvl 11+ ?