GM Worg's The Chaotic Slithering

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

Maps


101 to 150 of 181 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

Clynter looks at the crowd of sick and injured people waiting to be treated with disgust. This poor healer looks so over worked. The best way to help lessen her workload is if some of these wretches happened to succumb to their illness. Some of them look like they would die if I blowed on them.

Clynter then looks over at Stokes and Arkhan, and shakes his head. No, I don't think they'd go for that. I'm going to have to think of something else. .

Clynter says to Stokes and Ashes, "Hey guys, can you prioritize helping out the sickest people first? Especially the ones who can't walk first. I have a plan to convince some of these people that they can afford to wait until tomorrow to see the healer."

Several minutes later, Clynter comes back to the line dressed up in his leper disguise. He also went through the trouble finding the rubbish pile in this camp and now his bandages are coated with animal guts and offal.

"By Sarenrae, I am really sick! I think I came down with some form of cursed leprosy. My, my skin is falling off me!" Clynter pulls back some bandages on his arm, revealing a bony hand smeared with animal blood. Then he lets out a wracking cough and falls forward, grabbing onto someone's robe. He pulls himself up, embracing the poor person and smearing them with offal in the process.

"Oh Sarenrae, heal me! I think I'm dying. I hope it's not something that spreads. I need to see the healer right away!"

As he his making his theatrics, Clynter thinks to himself Hopefully this clears the line out a little bit. If I can't get rid of the sickest ones, maybe I can get rid of some of the ones who can still at least walk."

[Deception: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Stokes forsakes consent from patients, using magical powers to grant healing to anyone who he happens to step past. Some are grateful, some look displeased, but results can not be argued with.

Ashes attempts to help with the injured and sick, using acute knowledge of blood and where it is the most present in the living. The logic is simple, after all. If more blood is where it isn't supposed to be, clearly that is where infection is at its strongest, and some things can be done about that when one has personal and intricate knowledge of such things.

Clynter, the mischievous bag of bones, decides to cut in line for treatment. Using his body to its full effect to horrify the medical staff into giving him priority treatment. Sure, it was not the moral decision, but morals are for creatures with much more flesh than him.

Between the aid, and disruptions, Numu eventually finds the free moments to help out with the investigation. "I've seen a few victims of the ooze transformation. I can reassure you that it is a curse, not a disease. The first victim was a laborer named Matala. She was not particularly lucid by the time I got to her. When I asked her about the affliction, Matala only gasped the words 'Crimson Asp' before she died. Moments later she swelled up into a gelatinous cube that we had to destroy. Unfortunately, I have no idea what 'Crimson Asp' means."

With no further information to be gathered here, the hunt for information leads back to either the Nex envoy or the quarantine warehouse.


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

"Crimson Asp...Crimson Asp..." Clynter repeats to himself.

That sounds like a good name for a gang. Lore (Underground) +6

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

GM Screen:

Underground Lore: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

Clynter:

Crimson Asp is most likely related to the Red Mantis cult.


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

On the way to the next location (I forget whether we agreed on where?), Stokes will stop by and ask people along the way if they know where or what the Crimson Asp is.

Diplomacy (Gather Information) +10


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

"Hmm. Well, I don't know about you, but my gut is telling me that the quarantine house might be worth checking next. The Nexian isn't going anywhere, but the longer we wait, the more likely it is that all of our potential witnesses have melted."

The elf shrugs. "Or at least half of them melted. And then ate the ones who haven't yet."

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

GM Screen:

1d20 ⇒ 14

Stokes cannot get any clear information from the locals as to what Crimson Asp may be referring to.

Ashes suggests the group now moves to the Mining Storehouse. The squat stone building is easily found without incident. It appears to be a single room building with stone doors wide enough to admit a wagon. Pushing them open will require some strength, or clever as a fox thinking.

Slide 2
If anyone else wishes to attempt a Lore or information gathering skill to figure out what you can with your current clues, please post.


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

I'd say it's safe to assume that Ashes is allowed to Refocus at some point during the previous scene, yeah?

On the way to the warehouse, Ashes takes a look at the local neighborhood. Might as well get a feel for the area. See if anyone's been coming and going through the spooky quarantine warehouse. Locals are likely to keep an eye on that, he figures.

Diplomacy to Gather Information about warehouse activity: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Upon arrival, the robed vampire gives the door a look. "So. Who's knocking, and who's pretending to be an ooze-striken victim so they let us in?"


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

Stokes is happy to knock on the door with the door knocker. And by "door knocker" he means his foot, and by "knock" he means bust a hole in it.

I've GMed this so I won't be a part of choosing, but Stokes's main skill is Athletics so that's probably what he would advocate.

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Stokes Raging Tidal Kick!: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15

Stokes launches a kick into the door! He stumbles and collects himself.

Stokes Ultra Tsunami Stomp!: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27

That time the kick into the stone door was successful, and busts open the old hinges holding the massive weight up! It falls inwards! The sight is wretched and sad to behold, as five cots were once on the floor housing the residents, but no humans to behold. Instead, a horrific sight as the small warehouse is nearly complete packed with slime!

Nature or Occultism DC16:

Slime Mold
N, Large, Fungus, Mindless, Ooze
A slime mold appears as a mound of earth and detritus covered in a thick layer of fungus that exudes a faint stink of decay. The fungus actually shares a symbiotic relationship with the slime mold, serving as an external digestive system while gaining access to the nutrients it needs. The ooze remains perfectly still until living prey passes within reach, then it lashes out with disgusting pseudopods. With a touch, a slime mold can infect its prey with a foul contagion known as slime rot, a horrific disease that painfully breaks down a victim's flesh. At first, the disease manifests as painful rashes and agonized joints. In the later stages, though, the flesh of the affected creature actually begins to liquefy and run in rivulets as the creature's spores continue to work. Death, when it occurs, swiftly causes the resulting body to split open and release a brand new slime mold.
1 Question @16, 3 Questions @26

GM Screen:

Occultism or Nature Arkon the Liberator: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Occultism or Nature Clynter Glittergrin: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (10) + 0 = 10
Occultism or Nature Rakdon Tripus: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Occultism or Nature Kazavel Ashes Aldaris: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Occultism or Nature Stokes Celerity: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Rakdon and Kazavel immediately recognize these as slime molds, a type of ooze that is also a fungus. The poor bastards must have lost their physical forms and mixed with the dust and mold that resided in this warehouse. If the group were in a natural setting these slimes would be a problem as they are ambush attackers, but being in a stone warehouse just makes them a sore sight to see.

Rakdon warns that the slimes can give a fould disease known as Slime Rot, which can kill someone who gets infected and transform them into another slime mold. Both Rakdon and Ashes can confirm that they are immune to Critical Hits, Mental Damage, Precision Damage, and Visual Effects.

Initiative:

Initiative Arkon the Liberator: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21
Initiative Clynter Glittergrin: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Initiative Rakdon Tripus: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Initiative Kazavel Ashes Aldaris: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Initiative Stokes Celerity: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Initiative Primary Color Slimes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Initiative Mixed Color Slimes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19

Round 1: BURN THIS HELLHOLE TO THE GROUND!
Light Condition: Sunset; Dim Light Outside
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)

Green Slime(-0,Fine)
Orange Slime(-0,Fine)
Pink Slime(-0,Fine)
Blue Slime(-0,Fine)
Red Slime(-0,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Occultism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

"Of course it's more oozes." says the elf through clenched teeth, gesturing towards the warehouse. Hacking coughs rack the elf as a storm of ashes flow from his robes, surrounding him in a dry, dusty miasma.

A similar wave of ashes erupts within the warehouse. Searing, choking embers settle upon the writhing masses.

Casting ashen wind. All the oozes have to make a DC 21 Fortitude save and become sickened 1 on a failure, or 2 on a crit failure. Ashes' curse moves to moderate. Ashes then moves about 15 feet back.

Moderate Curse wrote:
The ash you produce intensifies and fills the area around you, obscuring details and making the ground challenging to navigate. You are dazzled. An aura of ash surrounds you in a 10-foot emanation. You and creatures in the aura are concealed. If you do not move for 1 round, heaps of ashes settle in the aura, creating difficult terrain that lasts until you move (when the ashes blow away).

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Saves:

Fort Blue Slime: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Fort Red Slime: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (7) + 11 = 18
Fort Green Slime: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Fort Orange Slime: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Fort Pink Slime: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

The slimes are afflicted by the winds of ashes. The orange and pink slimes are resistant, but the others fall victim to the magical attack!

Round 1: BURN THIS HELLHOLE TO THE GROUND!
Light Condition: Sunset; Dim Light Outside
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)

Green Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Orange Slime(-0,Fine)
Pink Slime(-0,Fine)
Blue Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Red Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Round 1: BURN THIS HELLHOLE TO THE GROUND!
Light Condition: Sunset; Dim Light Outside
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Delay)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Delay)

Green Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Orange Slime(-0,Fine)
Pink Slime(-0,Fine)
Blue Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Red Slime(-0,Sickened 1)

Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)

The slime molds move up to the door and start reaching out with their tentacles, lashing out at the nearest targets!

Targets: 1d5 ⇒ 4
Targets: 1d5 ⇒ 1

Pseudopod vs Stokes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Pseudopod vs Stokes: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 5 = 20

Pseudopod vs Ashes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Pseudopod vs Ashes: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (8) + 8 - 5 = 11

Every flailing pseudopod tentacle fails to connect!

Round 1 & 2: BURN THIS HELLHOLE TO THE GROUND!
Light Condition: Sunset; Dim Light Outside
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Delay)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Delay)

Green Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Orange Slime(-0,Fine)
Pink Slime(-0,Fine)
Blue Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Red Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Action 1, Load taw Launcher
Action 2, shoot at green hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 dmg: 2d10 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11 blunt
Action 3, move.


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

"Trust me, guys, I'm better at fighting things that bleed! But I'm going to do my best!"

Clynter steps up to one of the slimes and with one smooth motion slashes at the ooze. Then he strikes at the same creature with his backswing.

1 action to Step, 1 to Quick Draw, and 1 to Strike. He'll go after green first, then switch to orange afterwards. If the first attack doesn't deal damage, he will instead Quickdraw his sap and Strike with that instead on the second attack.

Choppity Chop Chop: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Slashing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 2) + 2 = 10

Choppity Chop Chop: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 14 - 4 = 26
Slashing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 4) + 2 = 12


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Arkon moves in front of his ranged friendoes, shield and warhammer at the ready

You sure slashing weapons are a gud idea Mr. Skellington?

Action 1 Brace shield
Action 2 Readied attack
Action 3 Shield bash


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

"I'm a knife guy! It's kind of my thing! I'm not going to change now."

Yeah, oozes remain a rogue's worst nightmare in 2nd edition as well. I did pick a main weapon with the versatile trait and Quickdraw because I figured DR would be an issue, though.


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

Stokes will wind up and hurl some water that has been lazily circling him.

Elemental Blast, Ranged: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 vs Green
Bludgeoning, 2-action: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (7, 2) + 4 = 13

If it hits, Stokes will push the Green ooze 5' to the right on the map.

Stokes backs up a little, hoping they block the entrance for one another as they move forward.


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

As Ashes settles in one spot, the continual snowfall of soot from his body begins to pile up. Enough that he can feel a snowdrift's worth of ash piling up around him.

With a disgruntled little huff, he shuffles to one side to keep it from making a hazard on the floor. As he moves, he flings another orb of fire.

Moving and casting Produce Flame at Orange.

Produce Flame: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
fire damage (plus 3d4 persistent fire on crit): 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 4 = 11

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Round 2: BURN THIS HELLHOLE TO THE GROUND!
Light Condition: Sunset; Dim Light Outside
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-0,Fine)
Green Slime(-46,Sickened 1)
Orange Slime(-0,Fine)
Pink Slime(-0,Fine)
Blue Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Red Slime(-0,Sickened 1)

Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)

Happy Holidays everyone; posting got delayed by friend celebrations

The pounding against the green slime is rutheless, for it has no special resistances to slashing or stabbing! It still stands for a fight though!

Pseudopod VS Clynter: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Pseudopod VS Clynter: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (20) + 8 - 5 = 23
Pseudopod VS Clynter: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 10 = 15

Pseudopod Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The orange slime also launches a barrage of attacks against the bone man!

Pseudopod VS Clynter: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Pseudopod VS Clynter: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 8 - 5 = 7
Pseudopod VS Clynter: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 10 = 12

Though all that flailing landed only 1 blow, what a pathetic display of ooze power.

Round 2/3: BURN THIS HELLHOLE TO THE GROUND!
Light Condition: Sunset; Dim Light Outside
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-0,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-8,Fine)

Green Slime(-46,Sickened 1)
Orange Slime(-0,Fine)
Pink Slime(-0,Fine)
Blue Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Red Slime(-0,Sickened 1)
Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

Stokes isn't a fan of just standing there and pummeling the oozes, but he also doesn't want to see Clynter up there alone. He moves up beside him and swings twice at Green with jets of water.

Elemental Blast, Melee: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 4) + 4 = 10

Elemental Blast, Melee, MAP: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 5 = 11
Bludgeoning: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (1, 3) + 4 = 8


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Ashes looks over the monsters before him and considers his own spells. Then, he reconsiders. He doesn't have to burn himself out to try and kill these slimes. He has help!

"Hey, 'knife guy!' Don't get your bones broken~"

The elf gestures and creates an invisible tether of magic between the two. Clynter can feel something like a soothing chill at the base of his neck that flows throughout his body.

Casting a 2nd level spirit link on the skeleton. Clynter immediately heals 4 HP and Ashes takes 4 damage. At the start of each of their turns, Clyn heals up to 4 HP and Ashes loses that many. Also, Ashes is going to try a check to identify the oozes.

Occultism: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Action 1 move
Action 2 reload
Action 3, shoot at blue hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 dmg: 2d10 ⇒ (2, 9) = 11 blunt


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Arkon seeks to move last in the group

In the name of the redeemer queen, with this holy boinkstick I smite thee! Be banished from the realms of tasteful sensuality into Jubilexes realm or hatever! I CAST BOINK!
Action 1 move

In the name of the redeemer queen, with this holy boinkstick I smite thee! Be banished from the realms of tasteful sensuality into Jubilexes realm or hatever! I CAST BOINK!

boink warhammer: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

He then seeks to shove the vile slime away from the party, so it has to waste an action to get close again! At least I hope thats a reasonable idea!

shove athletics expert: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Action 3 shields up


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

That successful hit should have been a crit. But, the damage will be same because Clynter will use his Collapse reaction.

When the slime strikes Clynter, he collapses into a pile of bones.

"Don't worry, guys! I'm fine!" Clynter's body reforms with a loud clatter as he stands up. His neck vertebrae pop as he turns his head to one side then the other. He raises his blade and steps in to stab at the ooze.

Stabbity Stab Stab: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32
Piercing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 2 = 12

Stabbity Stab Stab: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 14 - 4 = 16
Piercing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 6) + 2 = 14

One action to Stand, Two to Strike. If that first attack is enough to kill the orange ooze, then he will instead Draw a dagger and throw it at the Green Ooze.

Dagger Damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Round 3: BURN THIS HELLHOLE TO THE GROUND!
Light Condition: Sunset; Dim Light Outside
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-4,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-4,Fine)
Green Slime(-62,Dead)
Orange Slime(-26,Fine)
Pink Slime(-0,Fine)
Blue Slime(-11,Fine)
Red Slime(-0,Fine)

Stokes Celerity(-0,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)

More blasts of powerful magic! Water slashing through the air and crushing the green slime into a deflated puddle! Blades and bones slash and pierce at the disgusting mass of former humans!

Ashes already recalled that these oozes were immune to critical damage and precision damage, and that they were not immune to any type of damage.

The red slime greedily rushes forward, looking to take opportune of the opening that lets it reach towards the living and the dead! The orange slime slaps repeatedly at the bag of bones!

Red Pseudopod VS Stokes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Red Pseudopod VS Stokes: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (17) + 8 - 5 = 20

Orange Pseudopod VS Clynter: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16
Orange Pseudopod VS Clynter: 1d20 + 8 - 5 ⇒ (7) + 8 - 5 = 10
Orange Pseudopod VS Clynter: 1d20 + 8 - 10 ⇒ (14) + 8 - 10 = 12

Red Pseudopod Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Round 3 & 4: BURN THIS HELLHOLE TO THE GROUND!
Light Condition: Sunset; Dim Light Outside
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris(-4,Fine)
Arkon the Liberator(-0,Fine)
Clynter "Glittergrin"(-4,Fine)

Green Slime(-62,Dead)
Orange Slime(-26,Fine)
Pink Slime(-0,Fine)
Blue Slime(-11,Fine)
Red Slime(-0,Fine)
Stokes Celerity(-4,Fine)
Rakdon Tripus(-0,Fine)


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

The hit on Stokes was a nat 20, that should be a crit for -8.

Stokes will focus on Orange.

Elemental Blast, 1-action, melee: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Bludgeoning, STR: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (5, 7) + 4 = 16

Elemental Blast, 1-action, melee, MAP: 1d20 + 12 - 5 ⇒ (14) + 12 - 5 = 21
Bludgeoning, STR: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (8, 5) + 4 = 17

Elemental Blast, 1-action, melee, MAP: 1d20 + 12 - 10 ⇒ (5) + 12 - 10 = 7
Bludgeoning, STR: 2d8 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Ashes can feel his undead essence leave his body, slowly syphoned by his own magic into the skeleton's form. He can't help but grin at the irony.

Casting produce flame follows by shield. Also, I'm wondering if we're using the pre-remaster version of that spell or the post remaster. I assume the former, since we started before it launched?

Produce Flame against Orange: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
fire damage: 3d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2, 1) + 4 = 11


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

"Ha, ha! Teamwork! Let's kill these things!"

Clynter continues dodging back and forth, stepping in to take jabs at the gelatinous mass of former humanoids.

Strike: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (19) + 14 = 33
Pierciing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5, 6) + 2 = 13

Strike: 1d20 + 14 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 14 - 4 = 24
Pierciing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6

Strike: 1d20 + 14 - 8 ⇒ (19) + 14 - 8 = 25
Pierciing: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 6) + 2 = 11

Envoy's Alliance

Male Rite of Knowing Conrasu Fighter 6: HP:94/94, Spd:20, AC:24, Fort:13, Ref:13, Will:12, Perc:12, 1/1 Focus Points

Action 1, reload
Action 2, shoot at red
Action 3, reload
hit: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 dmg: 2d10 ⇒ (10, 4) = 14 blunt


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

FROM THE ABYSS DEPTHS
IN SILENCE
CAST THEIR SPELLS
EXPLOSIVE VIOLENCE

Intoning and old Nocticulan warsong, Arkon moves into the frey, moving next to clynter, strike-shoving and then getting his shield up.

Boink: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
shove: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28

Shield up

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Gonna speed this up a bit, seeing as the slimes really can't do much here.

The group shoots a lantern inside the warehouse, causing it to fall and burst all of the slimes into flames! It takes a few minutes to air out, but the smell of the burned slime molds eventually dissipates.

Searching inside the mining warehouse reveals that there were five cots in here, but now are all covered in fungus and mildew. Underneath one of the cots is a bunch of handwritten notes from a signature of "M". The latest communication mentions a confidential shipment was due at the caravan house.

Everyone gains one level now. At the start of the new year, please have your character at level six.


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

"I think I should take another look around for clues, guys! It's important to be thorough."

Clynter searches around the warehouse, hoping to find some "abandoned" valuables in the building.

Damn, didn't these guys have any money on them?"

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Clynter finds no other valuables in this hut, apart from the clues in the handwritten notes with the signature of "M" that mentions a confidential shipment that was due at the caravan house.


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Ashes looks the letter over. M? Caravan house? He tries to think of if he can remember any individual with a moniker of M, or if he can remember where the caravan house is.

Society: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

Stokes is suddenly concerned because his mom signs her letters as "M" and he'll be damned if he lets his own mother get tangled up in this mess.


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

"Hmmmm....'M' could stand for a lot of things. Maybe its somebody's mom," Clynter muses. "Wait, didn't the first victim has some kind of M name?"


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

OOC, looking back through the GM's posts, three people have been mentioned with M in their names - Mafzat A'Haddin, Abayone Munme, and Matala.


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

kn religion: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Are their any slime based "deities" with M? Perhaps some cult?

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Apologies for delayed return.

The mystery of this strange "M" character eludes the group, but Ashes looks over the segment about the caravan house and thinks more carefully.

Caravan House.
Crimson Asp.

Taking out a map and finding a spot to set it upon, the Vampire looks over multiple gates in the city for caravan stops. Sure enough, there is one that stands out. The Khabili Caravan House on the western side of the city, located near the gate. Looking over the streets connected to it confirms Ash's suspicions. Crimson Asp. Its so far off the way and such a small area that it makes sense not many would even know the street exists.

Make any prep purchases you want, and then the next posts will be starting up slide #3.[ooc]

Transitioning to the Khabili Caravan House

The party arrives to find three gate doors on the eastern side of the building, and a business entry door to the south. The building is made of stone and stands a squat 10ft high in most sections, 15ft where the wagon doors are located. [ooc]Time of day determined by if the party stops anywhere first.


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Ashes considers the place they're going and what it might mean for them. Then he perks up and snaps his finger. "Hey, does anyone know how to handle an animal with any reasonable skill? I've got an idea but I just don't have the skill to do it. I'm not a...." he pauses. "red thumb?

"If you're wondering, we've got time to pick up a goat in the market. And you never know when you're going to need a spare goat."


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3

"Spare goat implies that there's a goat needed at all. We don't need two goats."


CE Skeleton Rogue 6 - Criminal - Exploration Act (Stealth or Deception; +14/+15) HP 66/66 | AC 24 | SVs F+8/R+14/W+11 | Speed 30 |Per +11

"I'm dying with curiosity to find out what kind of idea you have that's going to involve a goat. It's too bad that I definitely wasn't some kind of farmer in my past life; I know just about nothing when it comes to animals."


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)
Stokes Celerity wrote:
"Spare goat implies that there's a goat needed at all. We don't need two goats."

"You're right! Then it's settled, we are getting exactly one goat. I'm fine with paying the cost. Would you mind lending your expertise in walking it? Your numerical mastery of precise goat-related measurements makes you a shoe-n for the job."

The elf happily clasps his hands together. "Does anyone else need something while we're out at the market? Perhaps some alchemical solvents that can deal with those pesky oozes."

Going to get myself a goat and a sturdy leash to tie it up when we're going into dangerous places. And some rations to feed it.

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Ashes heads into the market, and is able to find a dealer selling goats for a low price of 2 gold pieces. It has a cow style pattern with black and white fur patches covering it. As you attempt to put a leash on the goat, it seems to be willing to just follow you regardless, as you feed it some rations.


Slithering | CG male (he/him) river azarketi (Mwangi) kineticist (water) 6 | ◆◇↺ | AC 23 | HP 86/86 | P+9, F+14, R+11, W+11 | 20' (swim 30') | LLV, NH | Explore: Search | Hero Points: 0/3 | Conditions: wet 3
Kazavel "Ashes" Aldaris wrote:
Going to get myself a goat and a sturdy leash to tie it up when we're going into dangerous places. And some rations to feed it.

You've linked the PF1e goat. The 2e list of animals is HERE. No goat, but it looks like the GM sold you a horse with horns glued on.

Stokes looks at the axolotls, and pulls a fishbowl out of his backpack with an axolotl in it, so the axolotls can say hi. Or whatever it is axolotls say to each other. Stokes doesn't speak axolotl.


Male AC 24 | HP 65/71 (Negative) |Fort+10 , Ref+11, Will+11 | Perception+9 darkvision | 40 (-10) ft speed | Exploration: Avoid Notice (+11) | Spells per day: 3/3/2 | Focus 2/2 | Curse: minor |Conditions: spirit link (goat)

Ashes seems satisfied with the goat, giving a pat on the head. Then, he perks up again and smacks himself on the forehead. "Oh. One more thing. I was going to dash back back to the town square and take care of some business. There's a... flower that I need to plant."

He considers, rubbing his chin. "Or did I already plant it, and I need to water it?" He sighs. Things have been so busy lately, he hardly even remembers! "Either way, I'll be back, soon as I can!"

And the elf runs off to do some emergency botany.

And by "Botany" I mean "Ashes would like to find a person on the verge of death from Ooze Flu and offer them the gift of vampirism."


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

Arkon plays for guidance, and receives a message in return.
While he isnt quite sure what a prayer-center is, he still wishes "Sally" the best of luck in her future adventures and does just as she says.

Look, you got blade ally, use it to add disrupting to your weapon and go buffy the vampire flayer or so on them.
This uplifting message was transmitted to you by Sally the redeemed Succubus! Please use our prayercenter again in the future!

Lets boink some Vampires, I think I can do all weapon types! You have an idea whats particularly useful against them? I can make whatever I use extra hurtful to them!

Liberty's Edge

The Slithering Maps

Arkon is currently considering the idea of hunting down vampires.

Ashes takes time to find someone close to the point of death and takes advantage of their condition to give them vampirism.

Well, I'm interested in seeing this city burn to the ground, so why not both? Just no PVP permitted. :)

The rest of the party decides to get some rest while the other two run off on their own agendas, deciding to save the warehouse that very much is in the center of the investigation to the ooze plague for a bit later.
Rest up, recharge your spells and hp!

@Ashes and Arkon As you have contradictory goals, roll some opposed checks that DO NOT involve combat. All combat rolls will be thoroughly thrown out and counted as an automatic failure. Based on the results of what you two do, I will get it roped back into the plot somehow :)

@Stokes Excellent observation.
You now have a goat that suspiciously looks like a badger with horns strapped to its head.


CG Orcish Thiefling Champion 6 (Liberator) 88/88 hp AC=20 Fort=7 Ref=5 Wis=4

deception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Look, if we want to make deals with Vampires we need to establish and demonstrate superiority first. So I threaten them with the pointy stick of Vampire population regulation and you are like "make a deal, the CHampion is kind of dumb i can manipulate him, but I need incentives!

101 to 150 of 181 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Worg's The Chaotic Slithering All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.