Zombie Outbreak! (Inactive)

Game Master BloodWolven

High School Map.


201 to 250 of 297 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Ujio tries to open the door slowly after unlocking it with the key card and finds that it unlocks and opens an inch or so before there is resistance.

A voice can be heard from within the library, "Who is there? Are you the police?"


Does Ujio recognize the voice?

'Smart' Calling back through the crack in the door. "No it is Janitor Yutani and a couple of students. We are making sure the building is safe and secure and gathering people to the nurses office. Would you let us in?"


Male
Attacks:
[dice=+2 Bat-PA]d20+8-1[/dice] [dice=+2 Bat Damage]d6+5+2[/dice]
Warrior 2; HP: 25 ; Init +3; AC: 19 (20), T: 19, FF: 10 (11); CMB +5, CMD 17; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 , Athletics +5, Linguistics +5, Profession [Performer] +4

"How many people are in here? Is the library a safe space as well for what is happening?" Kenzo asks over Uji's shoulder as he tries to peak through the crack.


The obvious voice of the librarian, you think her name is Akari Suzuki, weakly replies, "No I don't think I will do that. I am going to wait for the security guard or police to arrive. I am safe in here by myself."

At that moment all the light flicker, though they come back on. In the hallway you see that all the door lock pads just turned green.


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

What sort of door handles we talking here? Sliding doors? Lever handles? Knobs? Basically, would a zombie be able to accidentally open one without a whole lot of luck?


I was thinking most of the doors would have lever handles. Though sliding doors are the next most common type of door. Yeah we are talking a lot of luck. Though all the doors unlocked should shock you pretty well.

The cell phone chimes and then states, "The main frame has been taken down. Energy shields should last for a few hours. But they are also holding all the water in the pool. If you can combine me with at least one other aspect of myself, I should be able to walk you through the manual process of re engaging the shields. Cameras all just cut out. I fear the power will be unstable for the next hour then it will completely fail... no... make that 42 minutes."


Rolling his eyes at the Librarians responce, Ujio realized arguing with her was a moot point. "Blast!" As the power flashes off and back on, he curses when all the door lock pads go to green. Hearing the chime on the phone he listened to the AI. Concerned about shields he asks, "Another aspect of yourself? Where would the nearest one be?"

Looking at the crack in the door, trying to figure out how to earn a little trust, he responds. "With things as bad as they are, you may be in there a while. Do you have water? We have some bottles of water we can push some through the crack in the door. Is anyone in there with you?" As he readies to leave he adds, "Do not open the doors to the Yamamoto's office he is infected and the disease is deadly."

So if we don't get the 'shields' back up the swimming pool on the upperlevel will come down? So depending on the location of the nearest 'aspect' will depend on what we should do. How long would it take to put on the 'riot' gear?


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

"Energy shields? Do you mean insulation? How high tech is this school?" Nikola asks incredulously.


"Sub basement 5 to 7. No I mean energy shields, have you ever looked at the floor of the pool, it is just pure energy. This school has had high grade technology R&D in the basement for decades. Its too bad the automated turret budget was not increased, then we could have dealt with this problem long ago before it got out of hand."


The librarian quickly states, "That surge of power... is going to get worse?! Yes I have running water and the private toilet. If you find any food that would be appreciated. Good to know, I have already barricaded that door too! I am in here by myself. There was a few students but they became erratic and I protected myself... Oh do make sure to smash their brains or skulls, otherwise they just get back up."

To put on the riot gear you need help, which you have, and it would take 10 minutes to be on the safe side. With the two helpers you have it could easily be done in half the time.

To accentuate her point you look up to where you put down the security guard and he is gone...


Relieved that he wasn't the only one who didn't quite understand everything the AI said, Ujio nods to Nikola, letting her know he didn't understand either. Frowning when the AI answered, it meant they would need to stop 'clearing rooms' so they could 'Rescue the students' Instead the would need to reboot the AI so they could reengage the shields to rescue all of them.

Breathing a sigh as the AI explained they would need to go to the sub-basement. Ujio had worked here a year, and he had no idea that there was a subbasement. Shaking his head. "It seems we will need to use that elevator we found."

Turning to leave Ujio blinks, pausing as the librarian said she 'protected herself.' Eventually he would ask her all about it, but presently he needed to stay focus. Looking up the hallway, realizing the guard was gone, he nods towards the nurse's office, "Let's check on Nurse Clurrizon, then head to the basement."

As he moves into the nurse's office he quickly looks around for the 'dead' guard, informing the Nurse. "We are in danger of the power going out, we are going to try and prevent that." He nods towards her two patients, "How are they doing." As he asks, he looks around for the two fire-axes.


Getting to the Nurses office you notice a pool of blood, and drag marks in the blood. Walking in you see Nurse Clurrizon is cowering again. The good doctor and the boy from before have axes in hand standing over the security guard's body.

After the boy stutters out his words, the doctor adds, "We had to do it. With the power going out, I think it would be best to stay together."


Vital:
HP: 6/6, AC: 14 _ T: 13 _ FF: 11 _ Perception +11, Sense Mo +7, Initiative: +2, Fort 1 _ Ref +2 _ Will +5 , CMB: +1, CMD: 13, Speed: 30
skills:
Acro +1, Bluff +3, Climb -1, Dip +3, Drive +1, Escape +1, Heal +15, Inti +4, K (Tech) +7, Ling +4, Ride +1, Stealth +1, Surv +7, Swim -1

He stutters a bit and says, "We had to... smash its... his... head."


Male
Attacks:
[dice=+2 Bat-PA]d20+8-1[/dice] [dice=+2 Bat Damage]d6+5+2[/dice]
Warrior 2; HP: 25 ; Init +3; AC: 19 (20), T: 19, FF: 10 (11); CMB +5, CMD 17; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 , Athletics +5, Linguistics +5, Profession [Performer] +4

Kenzo looks with sorrow at Matthew. "They seem so...enraged. I am not sure what else we can do against the infected for now. I am not sure what I can do to keep the power on, but I will go with you down the elevator and see if I can help keep the infected away." Kenzo says


Vital:
HP: 6/6, AC: 14 _ T: 13 _ FF: 11 _ Perception +11, Sense Mo +7, Initiative: +2, Fort 1 _ Ref +2 _ Will +5 , CMB: +1, CMD: 13, Speed: 30
skills:
Acro +1, Bluff +3, Climb -1, Dip +3, Drive +1, Escape +1, Heal +15, Inti +4, K (Tech) +7, Ling +4, Ride +1, Stealth +1, Surv +7, Swim -1

He lifts the axe with one hand, "And you have my axe! I always wanted to say that! So where are we going?"


The doctor mumbles under his breath before telling the nurse, "Basic first aid kit with extra bandages Miss Clurrizon. Also everyone should hydrate and drink at least two cups of water." He fills two cups and begins to pass them out. Then he continues, "Yes do tell us the plan."


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

"That just seems hugely impractical," Nikola grumbles about the energy barrier pool as she follows Ujio.

==

"I'm sorry Mr. Yutani, but this physical exercise is getting to be a little too much for me. I've got one more push in me, and then I'm good for nothing more than zombie bait."


I paniced a little when I didn't see Yoko in the character list, she's still with us right?

As they head to the nurse's office Ujio notices the bloody drag marks. Frowning when he sees Nurse Clurrizo cowering again. Shaking his head, he apologizes. "My apologies, I thought the dead would stay dead." Making a mental note to double tap make sure they are dead, he nods in agreement with Kenzo, "Yes enraged is a good term."

As the teenage boys begin to volunteer and the good doctor starts passing out drinks, Ujio gives a shrug as he takes a cup and drinks. "No plan yet. Go to the basement see if we can follow the A.I.'s instructions." He gestures towards the hallway, "There is a medical kit from the guard's room and bottles of water in the common area, we will take them with us. we can use our phones like flashlights, at least for a bit."

He looks around the room taking note of the students: Yoko, Nikola, Matt and Kenzo then the adults: Himself, Dr O'Brian and Nurse Clurrizon. Shaking his head again, "If the power goes out while we're in the basement it will be a deathtrap. There will be no lights and no power for the elevator. Worse I fear the water will go to the lowest point and may submerge us."

He gestures towards the hallway, looking directly at Professor O'Brian. "We still have several students on the third floor, who's lives will be endanger from the water. They will have no way to get out of the building if its structural integrity fails." Looking back at the others, "Should we split and some of us go below and some of us rescue the students?"

IF we are going to 'split' the party, I would send the PC's and the AI to the basement and the NPC's to the third floor to rescue the students.


Male
Attacks:
[dice=+2 Bat-PA]d20+8-1[/dice] [dice=+2 Bat Damage]d6+5+2[/dice]
Warrior 2; HP: 25 ; Init +3; AC: 19 (20), T: 19, FF: 10 (11); CMB +5, CMD 17; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 , Athletics +5, Linguistics +5, Profession [Performer] +4

I am good with that split.


You hear the toilet flush from the private bathroom for the nurse's station and out walks Yoko.

She moves to the middle of the room and her attention is drawn to the corpse. She looks worried and then begins to laugh, "Lighten up! It is the Zombie Apocalypse have a bit of fun or the stress is going to kill you!"

I just haven't posted enough times, I guess?


The AI speaks up from the phone/radio, "If you can get to sub basement floor 4, no water should get to you if the pool floods. Also there is no danger of flooding as there are many drains for that reason that empty into the reservoirs."

Sounds like a good plan to me! Though you should take either the doctor or the nurse, then Yoko or Matthew. But you choose who goes where. You will have to fight on floors 5 and 6.


Hearing the sound from the restroom, Ujio, look over and is relieved to see the 'Gothic Lolita' was fine. Chucking at Yoko's comment, it reminded Ujio of his friend Akira, a member of the bomb squad that was constantly telling him to lighten up and then joke about something. Smiling at Yoko's comment, he retorts, "Better the stress than the zombies."

As he considers what the AI had told them, he's relieved that the basement and building would properly drain. Looking back towards the doctor he thinks about the students the professor had abandoned. Not wanting to professors actions to be in vain, he asked, " Dr. O'Brian Would you join Kenzo, Nikola and myself? We are heading to the basement and believe having someone with medical abilities may come in useful."

He then looks toward the other three, "Matthew, Yoko and Ms Clurrizon, do you feel well enough to bring the students from upstairs down? Or do you want to wait for our return?"


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

Still here, just waiting for the scene to progress a little bit.


Vital:
HP: 6/6, AC: 14 _ T: 13 _ FF: 11 _ Perception +11, Sense Mo +7, Initiative: +2, Fort 1 _ Ref +2 _ Will +5 , CMB: +1, CMD: 13, Speed: 30
skills:
Acro +1, Bluff +3, Climb -1, Dip +3, Drive +1, Escape +1, Heal +15, Inti +4, K (Tech) +7, Ling +4, Ride +1, Stealth +1, Surv +7, Swim -1

"You go we have this covered!" He states as he collects some gloves to better his grip, even the latex gloves will help. Then picking up his axe again he takes the lead, with Yoko and Ms. Clurrizon on his heels, heading for the stairs.


The doctor goes to the medicine cabniet and pulls out a few interesting surenges with red liquid in them. He states, "This is a stimulant, it should give you much stanima for the next hour. I also have these, we call them Stimulation Delivery Package or Stimpak for short. If you are hurt they are the best solution. Lead the way Ujio!"

1d10+5 healing, or if at full hp: cure 2 levels of fatigue (exhaustion): if not fatigued +2 to Con for 1 hour.


Nodding to Matthew as the brave youth volunteers them to head upstairs, Ujio hopes he's not sent the three to their deaths. Stepping out of the doorway to let them pass, he watches the 'doctor' return from the medicine cabinet. Having seen similar drugs in the military he asks, "Do you recommend we take the shots now or wait until we are injured?"

As they prepare to leave, he looks at the 'riot gear' one last time. He considers taking it with them, but it would take longer to put it on than they have time for. Making a mental note to return for it, he gestures towards the common area. "There are bottles of water in the common area, we should grab a couple each before we descend."

Happy to carry on towards the elevator, but wasn't sure if we need to discuss anything else first?


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

Nikola looks uncomfortable with the proffered medicine. "Mr. Yutani," she whispers, tapping him on the shoulder, "I'm not sure if I can take those. I don't know what the side effects might be for me."

Not common knowledge about her illness. Happy to also head to the elevator.


The doctor looks over Nikola from where he is standing and states, "She should either rest or take one. You two look fine and should wait until you are hurt." He indicates Ujio and Kenzo.


The AI speaks up, "Before descending you should at least tape magazines to your limbs. The riot gear would be even better or other armor. There is a ceremonial suit of armor in the library. Also in the lockers upstairs there should be some padding. All lockers should be unlocked now. You will be encountering 38 infected researchers starting in sub basement 3 to 7."


Hearing the AI's reoprt, Ujio almost wishing the 'Doctor' would give orders. Setting the mop handle against the wall he rubs his face and head with his palms. Pausing to think, he considers all the problems. His hair now slightly messier, he breathes a deep sigh as he takes out his phone, setting the timer for forty five minutes.

Turning to address Nikola, he gestures towards the doctor. "Nikola, we need you to go with us, but I need you strong. Take the Doc's medicine." Then turning to Kenzo, he points towards the 'riot gear' "You need to quickly put that on." He turns to the Yoko and Matthew, "You two need to help him. We won't have time to go upstairs and get padding, but you three will." Turning towards the doctor he asks, "Professor, would you speak to the librarian with me? We need to get that armor."

As he walked toward the library he mentally kicked himself. He's spent the last year dusting the armor, daydreaming about wearing it. Now, when they needed armor, he'd completely forgotten about it. As they neared the library door, he reminded himself that it was not time to fret his brain injury, but he must stay focused. Banging on the door, he asks, "Ms Librarian, we have learned the electricity is going to fail and we need to prevent that. But there are undead in the way, please let us get the armor out of the library."

Dr. Adrian O'Brian has a +9 for diplomacy, Ujio has a -1, is it possible the Dr roll diplomacy and ujio's roll be a 'aid another? If not, use Ujio's roll.
diplomacy: aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6 Yikes!


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

Nikola stares at Ujio for a minute, and then nods. She injects the medicine into herself. As she's filled with energy, she hears poor Ujio flop his orders. Something in his voice sounded unsure. Looking from still person to still person, she claps loudly and says, "Right! You all heard Mr. Yutani! You've got your jobs, and there's no time to waste! You want to stay alive? Get to it! Chop chop!" She glowers around the room, fixing anyone who is willing to meet her gaze with the "evil eye."

Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
That gets me 10+Hit Dice+Wisdom, so unless some of these guys are 2nd level and 18 wis, that should probably do the trick. I could have gone for diplomacy, but we've got a nice good cop, bad cop routine now.


The doctor questions, "Who is giving you information, especially about the 'infected'?"

He states in agreement, "Yes I will do what I can to assist, yeah that armor should do nicely versus teeth and prying hands. It might be a little heavy."

Dr. Adrian O'Brian takes the lead and speaks to the librarian in a clam and even voice, "Ms. Yamariza, as Ujio has said we would appreciate the armor and there is strength in numbers. We will do what we can to protect you and those who need it."

diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29 Apparently I am going to need to make him a long staning NPC. Grabbing those stats and making an avatar...

---
The librarian does give in to the request and after several minutes the door is open and you see a shelf which still blocks half of the door. "I moved what I could, that shelf is going to need several people to adjust it. Let's leave it for now and you can crawl in under it. Half of it is still on the wall. I tipped it over a lower shelf."

---
Next you find there are three bodies which have been rolled up with rugs. Ms. Yamariza's clothes are splattered with some blood. Though no blood appears to be on her skin. She leads you over to the armor. She pulls a key that is held by a necklace and unlocks the case. You now have access to a suit of medium armor: a kikko, a set of throwing stars, and a katanna.

Kikko armor consists of a clever arrangement of hexagonal plates made from iron and sewn to cloth, granting the wearer greater flexibility than that provided by many armors that afford similar defense. The plates are hidden by a layer of cloth.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

His eyes widen as Ujio realizes in that spit second, that no one was going to listen to a maimed janitor. About to panic, he hears a loud clap and Nikola's voice behind him. As the two students and nurse begin to move, he turns and nods to her, mouthing the word 'arigatō.'

As they head to the library, Ujio, hearing the doctors question, realizes he'd not been with them when they found the AI. Gesturing towards the chromebook "Ms Nikola carries an Individualized Digital Assistant which is attacked to a larger mainframe. It has been of great value." He looks towards Nikola, hoping she may explain more after they deal with the librarian.

Relieved that the Doctor was able to convince the librarian to let them have the armor, Ujio quickly crawls under the sheld, standing he bows to the Librarian, "Thank you Ms Yamariza." Seeing the bundles wrapped in carpet and the blood on her clothing, Ujio raises an eyebrow, but says nothing. remembering the quiet woman he'd passed in the hall, he reminded himself the steel of a blade cannot truly be known until it is tested.

Thinking of blades, he watched as the librarian opened the case his eyes drawn to the Katana, how many times had he admired the weapon, wishing he could open the case and admire it firsthand. The kikko armor was a perfect example from the edo period, not just the 'jacket' but the 'collapsible helmet' and greaves as well. But it was the sword that drew his attention. Gently reaching in he lifted the lacquered scabbard from its stand, drawing the blade a short distance, admiring the Shintō. For the briefest of moments his mind flashed back to the similar case his father had in his office, displaying a Daishō style handachi sword mounting.

Blinking, Ujio realized that if he kept daydreaming instead of getting ready, he would be the death of them all. Quickly setting the Katana on a library table, he stripped the greaves off of the manikin first, placing them on his legs. Quickly undoing his utility belt setting it beside the sword, he pulls the kikko armor on over his head, letting the collapsible helmet fall in place. Strapping his utility belt back on, he tucks the decorative scabbard in his belt. Turning to the librarian, he bowed again, realizing he'd not taken the throwing stars from their display case, he pics them up and drops them in a pouch on his utility belt.

Moving back under the shelf, he helps pull it back in place. Standing he smiles, looking at the others, "We should get the water bottles and head to the elevator."

I've no idea how long it would actually take to put on the kikko armor, (I'm imagining it looks some like this) or this?


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

A kikko is medium, so 4 minutes probably by the table. With help, 2. That seems worth it.

Nikola, feeling abuzz with the stim shot that she had just taken moves quickly to help Ujio fit the armor and straps onto his body. She smiles. "You look like a real Samurai now Mr. Yutani. All we need now is a naginata, wakizashi, and a daikyu, and you'll be a veritable one-man army."

She nods, agreeing with him. "Let's be away!"


Male
Attacks:
[dice=+2 Bat-PA]d20+8-1[/dice] [dice=+2 Bat Damage]d6+5+2[/dice]
Warrior 2; HP: 25 ; Init +3; AC: 19 (20), T: 19, FF: 10 (11); CMB +5, CMD 17; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 , Athletics +5, Linguistics +5, Profession [Performer] +4

Kenzo nods, "The sooner we go the better it will be. The infection seems to continue spreading and so getting in and out safely should be a priority."


Kenzo did you put on the 'riot gear' we got from the guards room?

Nodding in agreement with Kenzo, Ujio, leaving his mop handle, moves towards the common room. Grabbing a couple bottles of water, he gestures for the others to do the same. Moving towards the second guard room, he asks again, "I.D.A. you say we must get to the fourth level, how deep does the elevator go?"


2 minutes with the help of the others, same as the riot armor. So now your alarm says 39 minutes as you leave the library. 38 at the elevator and the lights flicker off but come back on.

Designation for military component: Black Talon.
This elevator goes down to the third level. On the East side there is the elevator you need to go lower.


Ms. Yamariza went with the others upstairs.

Tapping your ID to the elevator unlocks it. The only lock that is red. The doors open for you. Then the four of you enter the steel box. The doctor is holding an ax with a simple first aid pack strapped to his back.

Which button do you press 1, 2, or 3? There are the other normal buttons for an elevator.


Pressing the button for the third level, Ujio, adds "I believe we should try and get to the lower floors as quickly as possible." As the elevator begins to drop, trying to sound confident he asks, "I believe Kenzo and I, armed and armored as we are, should be in front. Ms Nikola you maintain communication with the AI using the chromebook and use its camera access to try and see what we are up against. Professor, you bring up the rear. Hopefully nothing will get past us or sneak up behind us." He turns and gives a weak smile looking up at the man. "I've no doubt with your size you can handle that axe."

As soon as the doors open we will continue taking 10 on perception (16) and stealth (12)


The rest of the group creeps behind.

You see that the hallway is sterile like a hospital. There are simple steel doors with numbers etched into a plaque on each of them. I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XI, XII, XIII, XIV, XV. There are no other hallways and all the doors are on the North side beside one. Halfway down you see the door on the right has a plaque which shows ☆☆☆.


At the ☆☆☆ door the AI quietly states, "Possible AI storage location."


As the elevator does open Ujio peers down the long hallway. Drawing the librarian's blade, he moves down the hallway, hearing the single door on the right was their goal, he nods towards it. Asking the AI, "Can you bring up an image from inside for Nikola to see?" Meanwhile he investigates the door, looking for panel, keypad or slot for the ID.


"No I am not picking up wifi or Bluetooth signals to connect with. You may not even have clearance for this room."

The same locking mechanism seems to be on each of the doors. A panel with a color on top. They are red, meaning locked. Tapping your key card to the panel shows a yellow light and a simple message appears on the panel, "Please report to sub level 4 detention room."


Hoping the AI's observation about 'not having clearance' was not a premonition, Ujio curses when the yellow light appears. "Blast! Where are the steps to the lower level?"


The AI rattles off, The stairs are hidden behind the elevator shaft. Opening the top of the elevator box will reveal the stairs and ladders. Continue down the hall to the other elevator. Remember that the researchers and soldiers are all infected on levels five and six.


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

"Where are we?" Nikola wonders out loud again. "Soldiers?"


Taking Nikola's question literally Ujio answers her as he moves back towards the elevator shaft. "We are on the third floor, the detention room is on the fourth floor."

As he opens the top of the elevator box revealing the stairs and ladders, he asks the AI, "Can we gain access to the third floor AI storage location in the level four detention room, or do we need to go to the lower subfloors to do so?"


"No, the only entrance to the three star room is through that door on this level."

Opening the top of the elevator box, of the elevator you have already used you only find ladders and stairs up.


Male
Attacks:
[dice=+2 Bat-PA]d20+8-1[/dice] [dice=+2 Bat Damage]d6+5+2[/dice]
Warrior 2; HP: 25 ; Init +3; AC: 19 (20), T: 19, FF: 10 (11); CMB +5, CMD 17; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 , Athletics +5, Linguistics +5, Profession [Performer] +4

"If the soldiers have on riot gear, then it will be much harder to force our way through them. AI, do you know if they had riot equipment on?" Kenzo asks with a hint of concern in his voice.


Turning towards Kenzo Elek nods, "Let's hope they were not preparing for a riot when they got sick."

Looking from the elevator they'd come down, towards the hallway where the AI had indicated the other elevator was, Ujio nods back that way, "Let's go check the other elevator and proceed to the fourth level."

As he spoke, he headed back down the hall.

201 to 250 of 297 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zombie Outbreak! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.