Zombie Outbreak! (Inactive)

Game Master BloodWolven

High School Map.


1 to 50 of 297 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

We will see who survives and who turns!


Kyoto Japan, +5 hours after infection. The Sun Lotus Academy is just starting the day as the students congregate outside of the automated doors as more trickle onto the courtyard. The eight o'clock morning bell rings and the doors swing open allowing the students on campus.

If you listen to the news, they have been warning the population of a new virus like the flu. They have designated it Covid 19.

+6 hours after infection. The first class of the day is in full swing.

What have you been doing this average Thursday, October 4th, 2019.


She walked to school as she has always done. Cooling down from her run. She was a bit surprised to see that not many people were out. But because of that she didn't need a mask! She got to school an hour before the students would start arriving and touched her car to the electronic lock which opened. She walked over to the Akota Gymnasium, where the weight room and pool were located. Her office was there too. She went to the girls locker room and took a nice long hot shower. After putting on her fuzzy white robe she Collected her towel, toiletries, and workout outfit.

She then made it to her office and got dressed. Then she put away her personal items and made sure the health room was up to par.

After the first bell she would walk down the hall to the adjacent room to see if the doctor was in today and check in on him to see how he was feeling. 'She had a professional relationship with him and the others. But she held her secret crush close to her chest.'


Vital:
HP: 11/11, Defense: 16_Touch: 16_ Flat: 11, Perception+6, Initiative+4, Fort +0, Ref+6, Will+1
skills:
Acrobatics +10, Climb +7, ComputerUse +7 Drive +4, Escape Artist +8, Jump +7, SleightofHand +8, Stealth +8, K:Current Events+4, K:Tactics+8,Perception+6
Active conditions: None

He...

Dom has gelled hair to stick up in strange angles and is stark black. Without gel his hair becomes a messy nest on his head. His eyes are normally a dull grey unless he has contacts in to change the color. The venezulain shows through in his skin as it darkens easily with the sun. He is thin and agile only 5 foot 2 inches and just over 110 pounds. He is a well-behaved student but sometimes his choices in self-expression (through physical appearance) get him into trouble, as he likes it.

Inventory:

School uniform: 4 lbs
Leather Coat: 6 lbs
running shoes: 3 lbs
pocket knife: -
switch blade: 1 lbs
knife from Matt with sheath: 1 lbs

Backpack:3 lbs
School gym uniform
regular shoes
towel
water bottle


Vital:
HP: 11/11, AC: 14 _ T: 14 _ FF: 11 _ Perception +1, Sense Mo +1, Initiative: +3, Fort +3 _ Ref +5 _ Will +1 , CMB: +3, CMD: 16, Speed: 30
skills:
Acro +3, Bluff +9, Climb +2, Dip +9, Disguise +8, Drive +3, Escape +3, Intimidate +9, K: +5, Ling +6, Perform (Dance) +8, Ride +3, Stealth +3, Survive +1, Swim +2

She enjoys the limo today riding up to the front gate. Once there her minions greet her with smiles and adoration. She walks in like she owns the school with two minions on either side and some lackeys following behind with their bags. They stop in the cafeteria to mock some students then go up to her private lounge next door to her homeroom until the bell rings. Then her minions and lackeys disperse, leaving Lizzy with only Mino. In her homeroom she sits down on the sofa she had brought in at the beginning of the school year. She looked at the slightly sun bleached leather on the arm closest to the windows and sneered. In her entitled voice she says, "Mino make a reminder that we need to re-pollster this dingy sofa. Perhaps a cat print and fur this time." She pulls out her I pad and begins looking at the listing of who is "hot or not" at school.


Vital:
HP: 11/11, Defense: 16_Touch: 16_ Flat: 11, Perception+6, Initiative+4, Fort +0, Ref+6, Will+1
skills:
Acrobatics +10, Climb +7, ComputerUse +7 Drive +4, Escape Artist +8, Jump +7, SleightofHand +8, Stealth +8, K:Current Events+4, K:Tactics+8,Perception+6
Active conditions: None

Let's try this again... as I had envisioned on editing my original post.

He woke up early this day. He looked over and read 3:33 taking this as an omen he got up and began to pray. He didn't hear any response as usual, but went to the bible to read and perhaps it would lead him to what god was saying. He went to Revelations and began to read about the end times. He woke up asleep on the floor as his alarm went off at 6:00. He looked at the bible and read the verse from Revelation 2:12: "And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write, These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges." Then he felt it the switchblade was in his hand.

He got up and layed both the bible and the knife upon his bed and began to get ready for the day. He dwelled on the verse as he went through the motions of getting a shower, brushing his teeth, drying off with a towel and then walking back to his room with the towel around his waist. He put gel into his stark black hair and shaped it. He also put in purple contacts for today. Once dry he slipped on his black dragon shirt, a simple blue cotton brief, one of his black pairs of jeans, and finally he slipped on his red leather belt with the studs. He collected his few personal items for school, his phone, backpack, switchblade, bible, watch, and wallet. He slipped on his shoes at the front door and began to walk to school. It takes him about a half hour to get to school by foot but he enjoyed walking through the neighborhoods, listening to the birds and watching the trees sway in the wind. Appreciating all before him and quietly thanking the Lord for the good and the bad.

He gets to school a few minutes after the gates had moved so he doesn't have to deal with the mob. He waves to some of his fellow classmates with a thin smile on his face but he looks for his few friends. Hopefully
Nikola would be at school today as she had been sick. Matt has been late to school before but he still looked for him. Finally he looked for the cute cheerful Yutani Ayaka. She was always bubbling with positive hope.

---
Likely getting chastised by a teacher or two for his clothes choices, he tells them, "I have my uniform, just going to put it on now." Either way eventually he gets into the school and goes to the boy's locker room. He takes off his black outfit and pulls out his class uniform. Once properly dressed he returns his clothes to his backpack and then heads for homeroom.


Vital:
HP: 6/6, AC: 14 _ T: 13 _ FF: 11 _ Perception +11, Sense Mo +7, Initiative: +2, Fort 1 _ Ref +2 _ Will +5 , CMB: +1, CMD: 13, Speed: 30
skills:
Acro +1, Bluff +3, Climb -1, Dip +3, Drive +1, Escape +1, Heal +15, Inti +4, K (Tech) +7, Ling +4, Ride +1, Stealth +1, Surv +7, Swim -1

Better late than Dead
He woke up to his alarm and looked at the time in surprise. Yelling to himself, "I'M LATE!!! I'M LATE!!!"

He had stayed up late last night playing a new release role playing game on his computer but now he was paying for it in more ways than he ever could imagine. A quick shower, microwave a quick breakfast, as the water got warm, throw on his uniform and gulp, chew, chew, gulp, the breakfast sandwich was gone and he was out the door and on his bike. Pedaling as fast as he could he was surprised to find the streets nearly deserted. He knew that the gates would be closed so he would have to cut through the woods behind the school. He had done it several times and it had cut minutes off his travel time.

At the temple he dismounted his bike and locked it to the bike rack. He ran around the temple to the woods that seemed even more eerie than normal but he didn't know why. He ran down the trail from the temple to the school. In his rush he didn't have time to appreciate the woods.

Later:

Sliding to a stop he shook his head thinking, 'Am I dreaming? Did I play that zombie game too much?' He pinches himself and it hurts and sees the walking bloody wounded bodies. There was holes in these people's bodies that should have them dead and bled out on the ground. He started to take a few steps back away from the scene but then realized that the temple was filled with the walking corpses too. He ran, and ran, and ran. Avoiding the grasping hands until he was inside.

reflex DC 12: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

The last zombie almost got him put he zigged just right.

Then he began to assess holding his briefcase in front of him. Blood smeared the floor and walls but no bodies were around, dead or walking. He stopped to open a cracked door and quickly slammed it shut for a mob of them were within. He ran to the end found a locked door and simply knocked. If no reply he continues heading towards down the hallway...


Waking at his normal time, well before sunrise, Ujio rolls up his tatami and futon storing them in the closet. Quickly washing himself he dresses in a pair of his light blue work coveralls. Working through several aikido katas, he slowly worked out the soreness in his arthritic shoulder. He knew they'd removed the last of the shrapnel, but the damaged joints would always bother him.

Moving to the 'kitchen' side of his room, he opened his small refrigerator and prepared the ingredients for his breakfast. Mixing the miso with the dashi stock with chopsticks he added the tofu and placed the soup in his electric rice warmer, chopping the few green onions he has left and putting them in. While eating his breakfast he uses his phone to check the weather for the day.

After breakfast he rinsed his out his bowl and cooking utensil. As he collects his wallet, keys and multi tool he remembered the news had interrupted the weather and told of some virus. Pausing he also collects the disposable medical mask he'd been given a his last check up and heads out.

Thursday was his day to detail the floors, this week was the administrative building. He would start with sweeping all the hallways, then mopping and buffing. As he walked to the admin building, he put his earbuds in and listened to the play list Ayaka had sent him. He wasn't sure he loved Band-Maid but he loved Ayaka for thinking of him.

In the building, well before anyone else arrived, Ujio had finished dust mopping the hallways before classes started. Returning to the closet he exchanged the dustmop for a mop and bucket, waiting for everyone to vacate the halls before starting to mop. Figuring he'd be running the buffer shortly after lunch.

At the hour in question
Working at a steady pace, Ujio began moping the administration buildings hallways.


Adrian had been at the school since seven thirty. He stood in the cafeteria in front of a vending machine. He appreciated the top of the line engineering and design. The Doctor chooses miso soup, and it's created and dispensed to him. He smells the sea-weedy steam.

Adrian watches the news. It seemed to him that the pandemic was expanding quickly. He walks back to his office with his phone in hand. He watches the news on the small screen. Adrian glance up and sees Miss Clurrizon at his office door. Adrian politely greets her as he lightly jogs to the door.

"Have you seen this." Adrian shows her the repeating news. He smells her perfume which is light and Fruity. Adrian has a feeling of warmth while standing next to her. The phantom heat seemed to emanate from he form. He looks at her face as she watches the screen in his hand. Her skin is like a white marble sculpture to him. She looks up at him, and his eyes quickly drop to the screen.

Adrian opens his office and grabs his school paperwork which is quickly stuffed into his "Go Bag". Zendani had been told earlier, about the "Go Bag", but he always used the English pronouncement as it's name.

"If you see any students, you should use a face shield and gloves." He said, because he subconsciously wanted, or needed to protect her.


She offers her point of view on the subject in a warm way, "Yeah its just more hype than anything. Just another virus like the flu or something."

Then when he states about their business she replies, "Yes that is good advice. But how are you doing? Are you all better from that bug you caught?"


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

Wake up early. Always waking up far too early. It takes Nikola too long to get dressed, the effort of getting braces on, and putting on clothing a daunting daily task. Her caretakers offer to help her, day after day, but Nikola has to prove to herself that she still can do basic things like get ready for school on her own.

Up now. Up and dressed, makeup carefully applied to hide the weight she is still losing, light padding to help cover up the fact that she is dying. Everyone is dying, she reminds herself, I'm just dying faster than the others. Somehow that fails to comfort.

Nikola is escorted out the door. Food is pressed into her hands, a nutritionally balanced breakfast, carefully calculated to be exactly what she needs. She missed prosciutto, smoked meats, even cabbage. All fibers and sardines now. Low calorie, high protein.

She tucked the old book she took from her family estate into her backpack. Something to do during lunch. Or math. She used to be such a good student. It hardly seemed to matter anymore, but old habits die hard, and she still made half-hearted attempts to keep her grades up.

Carefully up the steps to the school. Trying to make it look like she was going slow on purpose. Remember what Father always said, never show weakness. Make them doubt themselves before they doubt you. Avoid talking if possible. Poor Dominique. If she'd met him before, they'd be faster friends. But many days it was just too much to handle other people, and she didn't know how to explain that well to him.

Time passes. Focusing still difficult. Today was not a good day. She'd stop by the nurses office, ask for an ibuprofen. They didn't help much, but something was always better than nothing.

Waving, and giving a slight smile to the Janitor, an action that took more effort on her part than she'd like to admit, but she knew would mean a lot to him, Nikola knocks on the sliding door of the Nurses office. "Ms. Clurrizon?" she calls out in only slightly accented Japanese, "May I come in?"


She is equipped with gloves and a face shield, she opens the door to let Nikola into the room. She offers to give her hand to sit but just watches her ready to assist if she falters. In her friendly manner she asks, "How can I help you today?" Concern can easily be read on her face.


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

"The usual I'm afraid," Nikola sighs, as she enters the office. "Bad cramps." The lie flows so smoothly off her tongue. Does the Nurse know? She might. "Can I get an ibuprofen?"


She relays and as she collects the medicine she says it out loud, "Bad cramps you say, then let me collect my best remedy for such ailments. 400 mp of ibuprofen, a caffeine pill and warm tea to make it all go down nicely." But if you just want the medicine then she gets you water. Otherwise it takes about 5 minutes to make the tea.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

earlier
While prepping the floor for mopping Ujio noticed the tall Gaijin speaking with Nurse Clurrizon. He really didn't think anything about it, their offices were near each other's and it wasn't uncommon for other folks of an equal standing to speak to each other. Besides, the big man seemed nice enough.

Ujio thought the professor's pack was curious, much larger than what the other professors or students carried. It really looked more like the packs he'd carried in the military on a light march than a school bag. Smiling as he swept, besides what did it matter? The fellow was big enough to carry a small horse if he wanted to carry a mountain pack who cared?

Heading to the mop closet Ujio tries to remember if he'd spoken to the professor. He probably had, though he didn't remember doing so. It was still difficult 'transitioning' short term memory to long term memory.

As he prepares the mop water, he thinks about the times he remembers speaking with the nurse. He would visit her weekly having her refill his medicine case. Like the students, the employees who lived on campus were required to turn their prescription medicines into the nurse so she could distribute weekly doses. Ujio didn't mind, he understood it made it more difficult for students, or anyone else, to steal the drugs.

Now
As he mopped the hallway floor, Ujio noticed the tall Gaijin girl pass by waiving and giving a slight smile; responding he gives a deeper bow than was necessary. He didn't really know much about the child, he knew her family was from the Balkans near the Adriatic, and they were rich. He smiled to himself slightly, of course anyone who attended here had rich parents. He also knew that the other students whispered that she was a witch.

It was surprising what students will say around work staff or servants. He'd never really considered it, until he started working here as a Janitor. Initially the students were wary around him, knowing a little about his history. But since he rarely looked up and never said anything, soon they totally ignored him.

As he rings out the mop he turns and watches the girl speak with the nurse. Shaking his head, he really doubted if she was a witch. Especially sinse he didn't believe that the supernatural even existed.

I apologize for the length of the post and the rambling nature of it, saying basically nothing. but it helps me get in his head :)


I love it, it helps us see the character too! Is there anyone near a window?

The intercom cracks... you hear an adult moving the microphone and starts to say: "This announcement is for all staff, an emergency situation is happening in the school right now. All students are to follow their teacher's instructions and remain in your classroom. I repeat an emergency situation is happening in the school right now... Euughhha!... Aaaaah.... .... Aaaaahhh... Help, Help!.... ....No! I don't wanna die... Aaaahhhhhgggghhaaa..." Then it cuts out.

In this moment of shock, you may do a diplomacy or intimidate check to settle those around you. Likely those in the room with you.


Zendani Clurrizon wrote:

She offers her point of view on the subject in a warm way, "Yeah its just more hype than anything. Just another virus like the flu or something."

Then when he states about their business she replies, "Yes that is good advice. But how are you doing? Are you all better from that bug you caught?"

Adrian smiled inwardly about Zendani asking about his health. Outwardly he says, "I'm feeling well, but seeing you makes me feel good." He pauses while thinking about the cheesiness of the statement. He nervously tries to correct the sentiment. He stares at her shoes. "I mean, If I were sick, I'm sure that you'd make me feel better." He pauses again then turns to walk away. He adds. "I must set up the lab."

-------------Lab------------------

Adrian retrieves the blood agar dishes from the incubator. The students were taught how to isolate bacteria in their mouth using the agar in an earlier lesson. He distributed them to the properly assigned lab stations.

Soon the students arrived and take their seats.

GM Wolf wrote:

The intercom cracks... you hear an adult moving the microphone and starts to say: "This announcement is for all staff, an emergency situation is happening in the school right now. All students are to follow their teacher's instructions and remain in your classroom. I repeat an emergency situation is happening in the school right now... Euughhha!... Aaaaah.... .... Aaaaahhh... Help, Help!.... ....No! I don't wanna die... Aaaahhhhhgggghhaaa..." Then it cuts out.

Shock then fear erupt among the students. Adrian knew that chaos was what would come next. They needed a leader.

"OK Get control of yourselves. I'm going to lock the doors. We're going to need to work together." Adrian says, as he watches some of the students looking for news on their phones.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

Sipping the tea, Nikola sits bolt upright when the intercom goes off. "Is this some kind of drill?" she asks the nurse, eyes wide. "A test of some sort? Like they do at American schools?"


Where is the 'intercom' room?

Furrowing his brow Ujio listens to the announcement over the intercom. As the voice over the air waves changes to screams he recognizes the sound of some who is afraid to die. Looking up and down the hallway, he places the mop back in the bucket. Tucking the handle under one arm he begins to wheel it towards the nurses' quarters intent on asking Ms. Clurrizon if she'd heard about anything else. As he walks, he pulls out his phone, first checking it for texts from either of his half-sisters, then checking the news.

As he nears the nurses' quarters, he parks the bucket outside, and moves into the doorway, head bowed, waiting to be acknowledged.


Dr. Adrian O'Brian wrote:
Adrian smiled inwardly about Zendani asking about his health. Outwardly he says, "I'm feeling well, but seeing you makes me feel good."

What she does next might change what you say or do next. She takes the initiative during your pause to say, "I am glad."

Dr. Adrian O'Brian wrote:
He nervously tries to correct the sentiment. He stares at her shoes. "I mean, If I were sick, I'm sure that you'd make me feel better."

She offers with a hand on his arm, "I sure I would do my best to make you feel better. With your renewed vigor maybe we can have some tea or a date, name your pleasure?"

---

As the announcement happens she freezes and looks at Nikola. After the microphone cuts out she nervously walks to the window. Her ground level window and sees them, about a dozen students shambling with blood covering them and obvious bite marks. She quickly closes the blinds and begins to mutter to herself, "What do I do? What do I do?" She is a hopeless blonde that will follow but unless it is in the line of her love she can only follow.


Arriving at the door in time to see the nurse pull down the blinds, Ujio cocks his head and asks, "Ms Clurrizon what is wrong? What did you see?"

When Ujio looked up and down the hallway did he see anyone else? I noticed I need to finish his skills. I will do that in the morning. He would have taken 10(16) on perception for the hallway.


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

Once again adults fail me. Nikola thinks to herself. Crisis management mode. Think of it like Football. Find the gameplan. Stick to it.

"I do not have a phone. Give me yours, and I'll see what I can find out, and call the police. Don't speak too loudly, in case the intruders hear us. You barricade the door, and stay away from the window. If someone forces their way in, we wait on either side of the doorway and jump them. If they have a gun, we try and take it from them. You are stronger than me, so you hold the potted plant. Bring it down hard on their heads."

Nikola had seen American materials for surviving active shooter situations. She speaks quickly and firmly, relying on her stern glare to get the words through the skull of the nurse. Intimidate: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

She quickly scans the room as she holds out her hand for the phone, looking for anything that might help them.

Ninja'd

"Get inside Mr. Yutani. Take the vase from Ms. Clurrizon, apparently we have reason to fear for our lives."


Zendani Clurrizon wrote:
Dr. Adrian O'Brian wrote:
Adrian smiled inwardly about Zendani asking about his health. Outwardly he says, "I'm feeling well, but seeing you makes me feel good."

What she does next might change what you say or do next. She takes the initiative during your pause to say, "I am glad."

Dr. Adrian O'Brian wrote:
He nervously tries to correct the sentiment. He stares at her shoes. "I mean, If I were sick, I'm sure that you'd make me feel better."
She offers with a hand on his arm, "I sure I would do my best to make you feel better. With your renewed vigor maybe we can have some tea or a date, name your pleasure?"

Adrian looks down to her lingering hand. He smiles and says, "I find that pleasing." He glances into her eyes then shifts away and back. His face brightens with an idea. He locks eyes. "Yes. We can walk the market square and choose a restaurant on our journey. I will order tea for us."

Not sure what the next romantic move was(He would need to research it on the internet); he just stares at her hand until she releases. He pauses then turns to walk away. He adds in a kind tone. "I must set up the lab."

-----------------------------------------------

Zendani Clurrizon wrote:
As the announcement happens she freezes and looks at Nikola. After the microphone cuts out she nervously walks to the window. Her ground level window and sees them, about a dozen students shambling with blood covering them and obvious bite marks. She quickly closes the blinds and begins to mutter to herself, "What do I do? What do I do?" She is a hopeless blonde that will follow but unless it is in the line of her love she can only follow.

Adrian speed dials Zendani. "Come on, pick up." He says quietly.


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

Assuming Nikola gets the phone...

Answering she whispers harshly, her Montenegrin accent coloring her Japanese, "Do not call others in an emergency situation? What if the phone rings while they are hiding from a shooter?"


With Nikola's words she is able to follow the orders. It helps to focus on someone else's words. She took her cell phone and handed it to Nikola before picking up the potted plant.

Ujio Yutani wrote:

Arriving at the door in time to see the nurse pull down the blinds, Ujio cocks his head and asks, "Ms Clurrizon what is wrong? What did you see?"

When Ujio looked up and down the hallway did he see anyone else? I noticed I need to finish his skills. I will do that in the morning. He would have taken 10(16) on perception for the hallway.

You did not see anyone in the halls. A few staff members stuck their heads out to look out of their office before going back in and likely locking their doors.

"I... I... I... saw... THEM! The students were shambling and dead!" She mutters out as she tries to regain control of her mental facilities. She begins taking deep breaths.


I refreshed forgetting I had a huge post.

As you try calling a number on a mobile phone you get one of two messages: "Due to higher than average traffic your call cannot be connected. Please try again later."
or calling 911 (or whatever the number would be in Japan):
"We are sorry all our operatives are busy at the moment please hold on the line and we will be with you as soon as possible. Your estimated wait is two hours, thirteen minutes."


Ujio Yutani wrote:

Where is the 'intercom' room?

Furrowing his brow Ujio listens to the announcement over the intercom. As the voice over the air waves changes to screams he recognizes the sound of some who is afraid to die. Looking up and down the hallway, he places the mop back in the bucket. Tucking the handle under one arm he begins to wheel it towards the nurses' quarters intent on asking Ms. Clurrizon if she'd heard about anything else. As he walks, he pulls out his phone, first checking it for texts from either of his half-sisters, then checking the news.

As he nears the nurses' quarters, he parks the bucket outside, and moves into the doorway, head bowed, waiting to be acknowledged.

You do have a text from Ayaka, it was sent a few minutes ago, "Hey Big Brother. I hope you are having a wonderful day like I am. I want to tell you about the movie I watched last night, hopefully I will see you after 3rd period."

Looking at the news you hear that the virus has spread even more rapidly than the scientists envisioned and there have been hundreds of cases where the infected go crazy and attack others nearby. They warn everyone to stay indoors.


Sighing as he reads the text from Ayaka, Ujio decided to respond after he figured out what was going on, as he watches the news about 'covid.' Nodding to Nikola as he stepped into the office, he blinks when the nurse said the students were 'shambling dead.' Moving towards the window, wondering to himself if Ms Clurrizon watched a lot of Korean horror. Pulling the shades slightly to the side, he peeks out and sees the sick students. Noting the bites, he realized they were certainly not behaving as though they were just sick.

He turns towards the nurse as she begins taking deep breaths. Torn between the desire to help the sick students, the realization that, like rabies, the disease seemed to be spread by biting and the need to find his two half-sisters. Taking heed to the warning on the news about staying inside, he turns towards the nurse then the girl, "We should lock the doors, then check on the other people in the building."

Two questions, does he know where his sisters are this hour? Do the doors lock? I assume he has the keys to do it or would know where they are?


Male
Attacks:
[dice=+2 Bat-PA]d20+8-1[/dice] [dice=+2 Bat Damage]d6+5+2[/dice]
Warrior 2; HP: 25 ; Init +3; AC: 19 (20), T: 19, FF: 10 (11); CMB +5, CMD 17; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 , Athletics +5, Linguistics +5, Profession [Performer] +4

Kenzo tended to arrive early to campus. His trip across town took a great deal of time, and if he missed a connection, he would be in a great deal of trouble. So when he arrived early on what seemed like a normal day, he went to the weight room as he would normally do to exercise before his first class.

During the exercise, Kenzo wore his ear buds and spent his time on the treadmill oblivious to what was occurring outside of the room.

Once he was done he went to shower before his course on mathematics. When he came out he saw the first of the infected. Thinking they were just crazed he ducked back into the showers room and tried calling the police. Hearing the strange message about unexpected volume of calls, Kenzo began scanning his phone as he realized with horror that some new disease was running rampant. His backpack and sports equipment were in his normal locker and he could not get to them through the weight room.

The room had an emergency exit and a small window high up on the wall next to it that let out some small amount of light. Kenzo had used the door to go out to the field many times and knew that there was no alarm, but perhaps more insane kids were outside. So he decided to try and climb up to look out the window.

Athletics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Athletics seems like it should be a class skill for Warrior, but its not a normally listed skill. If it is then add +3 to the above roll.


"Damn" Adrian says in English. Of course with the phone lines overwhelmed, he thinks that they needed a plan of action. The Doctor looks out on the chaos through the second floor window. He lifts his phone's camera to get close-ups on the infected. His phone app activates. The projector in the ceiling of the lab turns on. The phones feeds pictures to fill the large theater space on the wall.

10x; 50x; 100x

The kids have a hard time watching it. "See the eyes? They're dilated. That means shapes would be blurry to them. They seem to be attracted to sound." Adrian disengages the phone app.

"Look, A crazy amount of rich parents, those of yours included, will be figuring a way to save they're kids. They'll beg, borrow or steal a way to get APCs and helicopters..." Adrian is interrupted by Sana.

"What's an APCs?" She queries.

"Armored Personnel Carrier acronym to which I had pluralized. These infected seem to look for opportunity. They can't see well, but They seem to hear well. So, Stay quiet. I'm going to find the janitor..." Adrian is interrupted by one of the boys.

"Mister Yutani." The boy says.

The Doctor nods and unlocks the door. "Yes. Mister Yutani and I will secure and search the building. I will give you the key." He hands the keys to [Insert NPC Here Please]

"Look, I'll be sending Nurse Clurrizon up here. Let her in. I will be back." Adrian enters the hallway. He can hear the key slide into the lock. He can hear the oiled metal slide a lock into place. He runs to the stairs.


Ujio Yutani wrote:

Two questions, does he know where his sisters are this hour? Do the doors lock? I assume he has the keys to do it or would know where they are?

Ayaka should be in building two as Hikari should be in building one. The doors are unlocked as school has been in session for at least an hour. Though if you can get to the security room you should be able to activate the lockdown measures. You know using your key card and tapping it twice on a lock should lock it. There are no more physcial keys only digital ones.

Skills of a warrior: Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str). So Athletics takes the place of both climb and swim. You even could jump using athletics among other things.

Kenzo takes his time but does climb up to the window to look out and sees even more students walking around, they have blood splatters on their outfits. They are likely only about a class of students so 20 to 30.

Down the hallway to the stairs Adrian does not see a soul. Down the stairs to the bottom floor still no one in sight. You start to run down the hallway but notice a student at the far end. Will you try to make it to the nurses station first, run, walk, arm yourself, what?


Vital:
HP: 6/6, AC: 14 _ T: 13 _ FF: 11 _ Perception +11, Sense Mo +7, Initiative: +2, Fort 1 _ Ref +2 _ Will +5 , CMB: +1, CMD: 13, Speed: 30
skills:
Acro +1, Bluff +3, Climb -1, Dip +3, Drive +1, Escape +1, Heal +15, Inti +4, K (Tech) +7, Ling +4, Ride +1, Stealth +1, Surv +7, Swim -1

He slammed through the front doors of the gym and quickly closed them. Which got attention of the student in the hallway, she screamed and charged him. At the far end of the hallway it looked like a teacher had just entered the same hallway some 250 feet away. Holding his briefcase he charged forward to meet her.


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

"Hold on, did you say dead? Dead and shambling? Wurdulac?" She falls back to her slavic roots and the stories her great grandmother used to tell her to describe the situation, before springing back to the present. "Like zombies? That's impossible. They must just be very sick, like rabid dogs." She turns to Mr. Yutani, looking for an adult to take the situation back under their control. "Are you going to leave us?"


Looking towards Nikola, Ujio nodded in agreement. Gesturing towards the window, "They are shambling, but it is a sight best left unseen." Looking towards the nurse, he'd wished she'd not panicked and called them 'dead' clearly the dead did not walk. Turning back towards Nikola, "I believe you are right, surely the disease is spread by biting." He realized that didn't explain why anyone wanted to bite anyone else, but he had more important things to worry about.

In response to the girls question he gestures towards the hallway, "My intent is not to leave." He paused for a moment thinking of his sisters. Adding a mental yet he continued. "But I do believe locking the doors, first to the outside, then to the classrooms is a prudent idea."


GM Wolf wrote:

Down the hallway to the stairs Adrian does not see a soul. Down the stairs to the bottom floor still no one in sight. You start to run down the hallway but notice a student at the far end. Will you try to make it to the nurses station first, run, walk, arm yourself, what?

Adrian looks back at the stairwell. He gives a grateful prayer to the Almighty. He pulls open the fire-case. A stray thought spiders away at the sight of an AED. Adrian could use a speaker from the intercom system attached it to the AED battery. A loud, long-lasting sound machine.

Adrian shakes his head. He pulls the hose free of it's storage. With a turn of a valve, the hose stiffens and expands. Adrian grabs ahold of the inflated white tube near the end. With his right hand, He manipulates the brass covered tip to insure function. The doctor walks purposefully with his phallus-like weapon to save his first potential date.

I'm guessing a ranged attack, roll for Bullrush or Trip?

Bullrush: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

Nikola swallows hard. All she wants to do is to stay still, and let the situation pass over her. Instead she looks straight at Ujio. "I'll help you. Lead the way."


GM Wolf wrote:
But to lock them all you would need to get to the security room which should be three or fours down on the right.

Will this lock only the exterior doors or the interior doors as well?

Looking from the high school girl to the nurse, Ujio, looks towards the nurse to see if she would tell the girl to stay. Stepping out into the hallway, he decides the mop would be a good weapon to keep 'biters' away from him. Lifting the mop from the ringer he begins unscrewing the bolt holding the mop in place. Nodding down the hallway, "The security room is just three or four doors down on the right. I think staying here with the nurse would be safer, but it is not my job to tell you what to do."

Quickly, nodding to the nurse and girl, he quickly starts moving down the hall. Keeping a keen eye out, removing the mop from the metal clamp as he goes.

Taking 10 (16) on perception, Anything down the hall he needs to worry about?


Male
Attacks:
[dice=+2 Bat-PA]d20+8-1[/dice] [dice=+2 Bat Damage]d6+5+2[/dice]
Warrior 2; HP: 25 ; Init +3; AC: 19 (20), T: 19, FF: 10 (11); CMB +5, CMD 17; Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +0; Perception -1
Skills:
Acrobatics +6 , Athletics +5, Linguistics +5, Profession [Performer] +4

Kenzo drops back down and starts pacing. Blood splattered students were by both exits. One or the other might open up in time, but one of them might wander into the showers just as easily. He quickly started looking for any weapons or scanning the roof for a hatch that might lead up to the roof.


The security room big red button will lock all doors, windows, and put the building into lockdown. Some extra protections might come into play. This is the state of the art building after all.

Ujio exiting the room you see a strange sight before removing the mop. A tough looking male student fending off a screaming girl. Keeping his briefcase between them he tries to move her back. They are struggling only 15 feet away.

Meanwhile,
Adrain is walking down the hallway hose in hand, hoping it will be long enough. Or are you running or dashing?

---

Meanwhile,
Kenzo, I am assuming you are dressed, without a key or combination it would be hard to get into any locker. You know there are long nets at the pool. But closer is the weight room, you could get some light barbells and use them to attack with.


Vital:
HP: 6/6, AC: 14 _ T: 13 _ FF: 11 _ Perception +11, Sense Mo +7, Initiative: +2, Fort 1 _ Ref +2 _ Will +5 , CMB: +1, CMD: 13, Speed: 30
skills:
Acro +1, Bluff +3, Climb -1, Dip +3, Drive +1, Escape +1, Heal +15, Inti +4, K (Tech) +7, Ling +4, Ride +1, Stealth +1, Surv +7, Swim -1

As he works on defending himself he shouts, "Help! Please help me I don't know why she is attacking me!"

cmb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Screaming girl: cmb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Next round as neither of them are successful:
cmb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Screaming girl: cmb: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Still they hold the briefcase between them and this is when Ujio steps out of the nurses office! Adrian is pulling on the hose and heading down the hallway on the far side.


GM Wolf wrote:


Meanwhile,
Adrain is walking down the hallway hose in hand, hoping it will be long enough. Or are you running or dashing?

They seemed so much closer in my imaginings. Which is faster, running or dashing?


The hallway is 250 feet long. Adrian is at the far side, so 230 feet to the two of them that are fighting. Running is more risky but you can move x4 in a round as opposed to the dash which is your move x2 in a round.


HP:12|BaB:1|AC: T: FF:|Fort:-2 Ref:0 Will:5|Init:0

"You are not stopping me? Good. I will do what you say to the best of my ability. If I impede you, leave me to save others." There is a grim resignation to her own mortality visible on Nikola's face, a resignation Ujio might recognize from his time in the military. She follows the Janitor closely, ignoring the screaming in her legs.

As adrenalin fills her system, the fight between the two students seems to move in slow motion. She had to help somehow. "Try to keep her from biting you! Your left arm is too close to her mouth, keep the case between the two of you!" Nikola shouts out to Matthew. Combat Advice: as a move action, give an ally a +2 competence bonus to attack rolls against a designated enemy.

"Mr. Yutani! She seems unsteady on her feet. Perhaps a solid thrust at the side of her knee would stop her." Standard into a move to give Ujio a +2 as well


Raising an eyebrow when Nikola seemed pleased that he wouldn't try and stop her. If it came down to his preference he would have ordered her to stay. But, when he was hired the chief administrator made it clear that he was being employed as a favor to his father, and that under no circumstances was Ujio to interfere with the students. He would have forgotten, but it was important enough that he changed the lyrics to a 'Beatles' song so he could remember.

As he exited the nurse's office with the girl in tow humming 'Strawberry Fields Forever' under his breath, he notices the strange wrestling match taking place in the hallway. Pausing from taking the damp stringy mop head from the handle, he moves towards the shouting boy and the screaming girl. Hearing Nikola recommend sweeping the girls legs out from under her, Ujio shifts the mop handle slightly. Knowing that striking one of the students would probably get him fired, he decided that potentially saving the boy's life was worth it. Gripping the mop in both hands, he swings the heavier end with the damp mop, aiming at the girl's leg. As the mop make contact with the screaming girls hip, he turns to Nikola, "Please call me Ujio."

15 ft move, attack: Mop (catch off guard: treating it as a quarterstaff?) power attack + 2 from Nikola
attack: 1d20 + 4 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 2 - 1 = 23 for damage: 1d6 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 = 8


GM Wolf wrote:
The hallway is 250 feet long. Adrian is at the far side, so 230 feet to the two of them that are fighting. Running is more risky but you can move x4 in a round as opposed to the dash which is your move x2 in a round.

That really let the air out of my previous post's nutsack.

250 feet? before I carry a hose, a football field, which I don't think a man with an 8 Str could drag fully charged with water... Something I'm told would take my character 4 rounds to safely get to the action...couldn't the stairs have been arbitrarily closer? one of 3 or 4 in a longer school building that would handle high traffic of students? is there No fire panel closer to the action?

I just wanted to be part of the combat, you know. Anyway, Adrian will drop the hose and instead go back and retrieve the ax. Will you be rolling Init?


Ujio hits the girls leg hard enough for her to drop. The hit knee looks grossly twisted unnaturally. She tries to crawl but can't. She moves inches every round with one hand bracing her from the ground as the other claws the air between her and the threeof you.


Vital:
HP: 6/6, AC: 14 _ T: 13 _ FF: 11 _ Perception +11, Sense Mo +7, Initiative: +2, Fort 1 _ Ref +2 _ Will +5 , CMB: +1, CMD: 13, Speed: 30
skills:
Acro +1, Bluff +3, Climb -1, Dip +3, Drive +1, Escape +1, Heal +15, Inti +4, K (Tech) +7, Ling +4, Ride +1, Stealth +1, Surv +7, Swim -1

He quickly backs off still clutching his briefcase before him as he whispers, "Thank you, thank you! What is going on... why is she still trying to get us?"

---
As the nurse asks he shakes his head, and whispers, "No just screaming! Yeah thanks, yes my name is Matthew. What should we do with her?"


She comes out of the nurse's room with a steel firehydrant, she quickly asks, "Is she talking? I am glad they helped you, Matthew is it?"


Several people begin banging on the doors and windows. You can just see their forms as the glass is clouded.

---
Knowing the distance Adrian breaks the glass or tries opening the fire case, to get the ax as opposed to the hose. Rushing down the hallway with the ax in hand he gets to the group as the girl continues to scream and try to crawl.

Adrian:
You notice another fire case next to the security room. Which is about 60 feet from the action.

Initiative :

1d20 ⇒ 20 Adrian

1d20 ⇒ 11 Zendani

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Ujio

1d20 ⇒ 13 Nikola

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Matthew

1d20 ⇒ 16 screaming girl

1d20 ⇒ 5 those at the doors


"Mister Yutani, Please lock the doors." Adrian says. He aims for the neck.

Attack: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Damage: 1d8 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

Adrian points to the nearby fire case. "Matthew. Go to the firebox and grab the ax."

1 to 50 of 297 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zombie Outbreak! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.