[Outpost VI] PFS1 #6-08 The Segang Expedition by GM Lupulus (Inactive)

Game Master Lupulus

Maps & Slides


201 to 217 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
The Exchange

CG Male Snow Elf Alchemist 5 | HP 38/38 Temp: 8 NL 38/38| AC:22, T:15, FF:17 | CMD 18 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments, +4 bonus vs. poison | Perc +9 | Init +9| Spd 30 ft.
skills::
Acrobatics +10 (+14 to jump with a running start), Craft (alchemy) +15 (+20 to create alchemical), Disable Device +13, K(arcana) +13, Linguistics +10, Perception +9, Spellcraft +13 (+15 potions), Stealth +10, UMD +6

"You know I can do zee fire!" Ivan says as he moves a few feet south and throws another strafe bomb at the outsider, avoiding hitting his allies as well,

Fire damage vs touch AC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 303d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 6, 1) + 5 = 14


Maps & Slides

One of Andrelis' attacks lands, but does no damage.

Colin's cat hits twice for reduced damage, and manages to grab the outsider into a grapple.

Ivan's bomb torches it for full damage.

Jheda delays.

You would call the outsiders bloodied, though at the start of their turn they do regenerate to patch up a bit. Ivan's fire damage may have been effective, but it was not what stops regeneration.

The outsiders attack their grappling cat.

claw: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (20) + 14 - 2 = 32 damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
claw: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 14 - 2 = 19 damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

claw 1 crit?: 1d20 + 14 - 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 2 = 17 crit damage: 1d4 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

The summoned tiger cub is pretty beat up by the outsider's claws.

ROUND 4
Outsider (-56, grappled, disarmed)
Mika (stable at -7 HP)
-> Ivan (8 THP)
-> Colin (-7)
-> Summoned Tiger (-22, grappling)
-> Winifred
-> Jheda
-> Andrelis (-2)

Everyone is up.
Jheda can also take last turn's actions within reason.
Mika can have a turn if she is brought back up.

Grand Lodge

M Half-elf Swashbuckler 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 Perception +7 AC 18 FF AC 13

"Just die already!"
last round's attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20
last round's damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Rogue (Unchained) (Scout) 3 HP:21/21; AC 17 T13 FF 14; Fort: 1 Reflex +6 Will +1; Initiative +3 Perception+8, Active Effects: NONE

Andrelis, seeing the opportunity to help Mika instead of ineffectively attacking the outsider, tumbles over in that direction.

Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

Getting there, he pulls his wand of cure light wounds, tapping it on Mika's head. But nothing happens...

Use a wand, UMD: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Grand Lodge

”Colin Mercer” Male N human druid 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 23 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +7, R +3, W +11 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None

16HP left for summoned cat

Colin finished 1 round summon SNA1 for a Stirge on the ceiling, and command it to attack the outsider.

Stirge charge down vs Touch AC: 1d20 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12 if hit, will deal 1 CON damage to the outsider this round

Summoned cat will try to pin CMB: 1d20 + 14 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 5 = 36

Colin will move around and use his CLW wand on Mika CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

"SOMEONE COUP DE GRACE THIS G$$ D@%N THING"

7 should heal Mika to diabled at 0hp. If you still have Laying Hand, you should swift action heal yourself to above 0hp and get out of the disabled condition, and full round CDG

Handle Animal to push DC25: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (2) + 14 = 16
T shirt reroll with 2 star: 1d20 + 14 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 + 2 = 33
I'm not sure whether you will allow Winifred to do CDG with attack trick, so I made the Push Animal check, since we're at a critical moment and I don't want to chance it


Winifred will Coup De Grace the outsider
Bite Crit Damage: 2d6 + 8 ⇒ (2, 2) + 8 = 12
DC 22 Fort save or DIE please


Maps & Slides

@Colin I don't believe that being pinned qualifies for coup de grace. I looked and don't see much support for that, so if you disagree please give me some official or very compelling source, because I see more support that pinned and helpless are two separate conditions, and pinnned does not cause helpless.

Silver Crusade

Kitsune paladin (sacred servant) of Sarenrae 4 | HP 45/45 | AC 18, T 15, FF 14 | F: +10 R: +9, W: +8 | Perc +0 | Init +8

Mika heals herself as a swift action.
2d6 ⇒ (4, 4) = 8

Move action to grab weapon.

Then she attacks the bad guy while still prone (not enough actions to stand up and attack)
attack, smite, prone: 1d20 + 9 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 3 - 4 = 26
crit confirm: 1d20 + 9 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 3 - 4 = 11
crit confirm reroll: 1d20 + 9 + 3 - 4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 3 - 4 + 4 = 16
damage: 1d6 + 5 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 8 = 15
additional crit damage, if applies: 1d6 + 5 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 8 = 17

that crit might confirm, because pinned has an AC penalty plus takes away dex bonus to AC.

reminder: AC is higher due to smite

The Exchange

CG Male Snow Elf Alchemist 5 | HP 38/38 Temp: 8 NL 38/38| AC:22, T:15, FF:17 | CMD 18 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments, +4 bonus vs. poison | Perc +9 | Init +9| Spd 30 ft.
skills::
Acrobatics +10 (+14 to jump with a running start), Craft (alchemy) +15 (+20 to create alchemical), Disable Device +13, K(arcana) +13, Linguistics +10, Perception +9, Spellcraft +13 (+15 potions), Stealth +10, UMD +6
GM Lupulus wrote:
@Colin I don't believe that being pinned qualifies for coup de grace. I looked and don't see much support for that, so if you disagree please give me some official or very compelling source, because I see more support that pinned and helpless are two separate conditions, and pinnned does not cause helpless.

FWIW, I agree, but I believe that if we tie them up, or bind them with manacles, that would make them helpless?

Ivan moves up and throws another bomb at the outsider,

Bomb vs Touch AC: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 213d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5, 4) + 5 = 19

Grand Lodge

”Colin Mercer” Male N human druid 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 23 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +7, R +3, W +11 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None

Totally forget about the tying up part, my bad. If he's still hard to hit after pinned, the CON damage from stirge will tickle away his HP anyway

Winifred will full attack instead

Bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7 Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Slam: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8


Maps & Slides

Jheda's blades manage to do a little damage to the outsider, and the stirge weakens it more.

Then Ivan's fire blast knocks it out. Its wounds are already beginning to regenerate when Colin brings the Paladin back to consciousness.

Mika's blade cuts deep into the fiends, finishing it with holy power that it cannot recover from.

The monster is finally dead.

After catching your breath you are able to sense a difference in this place, as a dark shroud has been lifted from it. Monkeys like the ones that rudely interrupted your fight can be seen flitting around the outside, sneaking a peek at the inside of the temple before taking off again.

You are able to enter the inner shrine. A large statue of a monkey-faced man sits on a pedestal at the north end of this small shrine. The statue’s arms and legs are missing, and deep scratches have been gouged into its face. Pieces of broken stone, rotting plant matter, and other assorted rubbish lie in heaps on the floor of this room. The smell of rot is particularly strong here.

The outsiders were asura, and took delight in desecrating this shrine.

Here you find a few remaining artifacts, like a monkey belt, several Vudran holy texts, and a handwritten journal belonging to a priest who accompanied Khiben-Sald on his travels around the Inner Sea. This loot, along with the loot you recovered from the other looters, is what you came here for.

In the hands of one of the statues back near the entrance lie two masterwork kukris, presented before you as if in thanks by the monkeys who stole them.

Anything else you wish to do in the temple before heading back to town? I'll move along after everyone has had a chance to post their reactions.

Silver Crusade

Kitsune paladin (sacred servant) of Sarenrae 4 | HP 45/45 | AC 18, T 15, FF 14 | F: +10 R: +9, W: +8 | Perc +0 | Init +8

Mika will take time to clean up the shrine some. Probably not what she can do in an hour, if the rest of the party agrees to wait.

Grand Lodge

”Colin Mercer” Male N human druid 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 23 T 11 FF 22 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F +7, R +3, W +11 | Init +6 | Perc +16 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: None

Colin will thanks the monkey god for aiding us in the battle, and help clean up the shrine as well

Sovereign Court

Male Elf Rogue (Unchained) (Scout) 3 HP:21/21; AC 17 T13 FF 14; Fort: 1 Reflex +6 Will +1; Initiative +3 Perception+8, Active Effects: NONE

Andrelis, ever the opportunist, jumps in to help with the monkey shrine while cataloging all of the relevant information....

The Exchange

CG Male Snow Elf Alchemist 5 | HP 38/38 Temp: 8 NL 38/38| AC:22, T:15, FF:17 | CMD 18 | Fort +5, Ref +9, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments, +4 bonus vs. poison | Perc +9 | Init +9| Spd 30 ft.
skills::
Acrobatics +10 (+14 to jump with a running start), Craft (alchemy) +15 (+20 to create alchemical), Disable Device +13, K(arcana) +13, Linguistics +10, Perception +9, Spellcraft +13 (+15 potions), Stealth +10, UMD +6

"Vatever zat vas, it seems to 'ave taken zee gloom vith it." Ivan muses as the temple seems to be restored to it's more ambient setting.

Ivan is ready to head back to town.

Grand Lodge

M Half-elf Swashbuckler 3 HP 28/28 Init +8 Perception +7 AC 18 FF AC 13

[b]"That smite was effective, glad I'm not that asura"[/dice]
Ready to head back


Maps & Slides

You leave the temple and meet back up with the Baron and Count. The rest of the hunting expedition on the return trip is without further incident.

Both nobles have been impressed with the pathfinders' performance on the job, especially given the unexpected danger presented by the monster that wasn't a tiger.

The Baron is happy to have avenged his friends who died at the leucrotta's hands. After a bit more conversation with Andrelis, Baron Rudyahm agrees to join the Sovereign Court, who are pleased to have a new member in a land where they have less existing influence.

After parting ways with the nobles and the lands of Jalmeray, you eventually make it back to home base in Absolom. Your Venture Captain Ambrus Valsin is excited to inspect the items that you found in the lost temple, he is especially thrilled for the journal from the inner shrine recounting Khiben-Sald’s travels. He immediately refers the log to the Society’s Vudran historians for analysis, hoping to glean information about other lost sites the Maharaja may have built or visited during his travels.

Some time later you receive a very nice note from Count Matsanda, expressing his gratitude for helping him bond positively with his father-in-law. For some of you, the Count's note is attached to a much larger package.

Ivan receives a stuffed and mounted golden jackal.

Andrelis is gifted with a stuffed and mounted crocodile.

Jheda is now the proud owner of a stuffed and mounted Bison.

For those that hunted game along the trails, the Count has shipped you your prize. Hopefully you have somewhere big enough to keep it.

That is a wrap on this adventure, pending whatever questions or reactions you have. Hope everyone enjoyed it. I'll get chronicles sometime in the next few days, so double check discussion and make sure your info is right.

201 to 217 of 217 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost VI] PFS1 #6-08 The Segang Expedition by GM Lupulus Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.