Welcome to Star City, the city of the future.

Game Master PoorWanderingOne


401 to 450 of 603 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Imagine

Imagine makes their way across the moonlit room heading for the stairwell.


Everyone
As active combat appears to have come to a close we are dropping out of initiative.

Post actions as you like.

Doctor Toxic you easily find all your gear.

For folks in the library who can see: You find all your gear in one turn.
If other folks describe their gear and you want to help find it then it is a Notice roll. 1 bit of kit on a success all on a raise, nothing on a crit-fail.

For folks who cannot see: Notice roll. 1 bit of kit on a success all on a raise, nothing on a crit-fail.

For general searching in this librarian's nightmare for non player gear: Make a notice roll. 1 thing on a fail, 2 things per success & raise. Remember the Dim (-2) lightning if you cannot see.


Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d4-1, Notice d4-1, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Driving d6, Fighting d12+4, Focus d8 | AG d8, SM d4, SP d8, ST d8, VI d8 | Pace 11, Size 1, Parry 13, Tough 13 | Wounds: 0

Imagine breaks away but Dave follows her deeper into the school. He knows these hallways like the back of his hand, but she seems to know where everyone else is even though she can't see them. That's a pretty useful talent, he decides.

Notice: 1d4 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 1 - 2 = -21d6 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 1 - 2 = 3 Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 1 spend a Benny to reroll that Ace: 1d6 ⇒ 3 = 6

Arriving at the cache of stuff is like revisiting Christmas morning. Dave joyfully takes back his hoverboard and then puts his shoes on. He feels like a kid again. A moment later his cell phone and comm link are also back in his hands.


Dave Finsterman wrote:

Imagine breaks away but Dave follows her deeper into the school. He knows these hallways like the back of his hand, but she seems to know where everyone else is even though she can't see them. That's a pretty useful talent, he decides.

[dice=Notice]1d4-1;1d6-1 [dice=Ace]1d6 spend a Benny to reroll that [dice=Ace]1d6

Arriving at the cache of stuff is like revisiting Christmas morning. Dave joyfully takes back his hoverboard and then puts his shoes on. He feels like a kid again. A moment later his cell phone and comm link are also back in his hands.

Only one bit of gear I'm afraid, the Dim (-2) lighting means success but no raise with either roll. The shoes/costuming doesn't count as kit so long as it is not upgraded and can be snagged for 'free'


Init: ; Parry: 6, RATN: 7, Toughness: 14(8); Active: Chemical sense

After finding all of his grenades, he'll look for items that smell like the others.

notice: 1d8 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 4
genius reroll: 1d8 ⇒ 31d6 ⇒ 5
fickle finger of fate: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Anything left for Sardonicus?


Doctor Toxic wrote:

After finding all of his grenades, he'll look for items that smell like the others.

[dice=notice]1d8; 1d6
[dice=genius reroll]1d8; 1d6
[dice=fickle finger of fate]1d6 Anything left for Sardonicus?

<checks character sheet> Nope no gear for the bouncing bloodsucker. You do find the remains of a dinner jacket but it is just rags at this point. Flip that fickle finger again Doc. This flick didn't count.


Init: ; Parry: 6, RATN: 7, Toughness: 14(8); Active: Chemical sense

1d5 ⇒ 2

He takes a commlink, taps it against his own to sync frequencies and tosses it to Dave. "This one should be yours."


Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d4-1, Notice d4-1, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Driving d6, Fighting d12+4, Focus d8 | AG d8, SM d4, SP d8, ST d8, VI d8 | Pace 11, Size 1, Parry 13, Tough 13 | Wounds: 0

Athletics: 1d8 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 3

Dave drops the comm link as it is thrown at him, but he picks it up and finds it still works. "Uh, thanks. I'm Dave, by the way. Who are you again?"


Ignore the man behind the curtain:
d d: 1d10 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Hybrid Girl| Notice d4| Parry:6 Tough:12(2) ForceF: 1{Life}| RATN: 7| Wounds: 0/4|Absorb: All{R}| BennEEz: 4

"Like, why is it so dark in here?" Kara asks rhetorically as she pops up in the storage room. She lights another flare and sets it down gently on the floor, allowing the room to be filled with an artificial glow.

"Ooooooo. Wiz-ARD!" she squeals, rushing to dive in and be re-united with that which is hers.

Notice!: 1d4 ⇒ 3
WILD Notice!: 1d6 ⇒ 3

"Frak fragging drek!" she swears as the after-image of the flare she lit infects her eyes and all she manages to do is stand around and blink a lot.

This might take awhile. How much can I find if I just start spending bennies?


Kara "Imagine" Luthor wrote:

"Like, why is it so dark in here?" Kara asks rhetorically as she pops up in the storage room. She lights another flare and sets it down gently on the floor, allowing the room to be filled with an artificial glow.

"Ooooooo. Wiz-ARD!" she squeals, rushing to dive in and be re-united with that which is hers.

"Frak fragging drek!" she swears as the after-image of the flare she lit infects her eyes and all she manages to do is stand around and blink a lot.

You try to set the flare on the ground but instead watch as the light flies up and hovers just under the ceiling on this floor. The light streams brightly in all directions out of the many many windows in this huge second floor room.

You also learn that what ever the light is it is quite hot as it flashes past your face.

Kara "Imagine" Luthor wrote:
This might take awhile. How much can I find if I just start spending bennies?
As you can now see:
Me, a bit ago wrote:

For folks in the library who can see: You find all your gear in one turn.

If other folks describe their gear and you want to help find it then it is a Notice roll. 1 bit of kit on a success all on a raise, nothing on a crit-fail.

Remember to note that the flare was used.

Nothing to see here:
2
Dark Archive

Hybrid Girl| Notice d4| Parry:6 Tough:12(2) ForceF: 1{Life}| RATN: 7| Wounds: 0/4|Absorb: All{R}| BennEEz: 4

As the flare lights up the room brightly and Kara's eyes adjust to the new paradigm, she at last realizes a goodly pile of Len-corp stamped gear that can only be called hers.

"Hello kids. Mama's back. Did ya miss me?" she asks the pile of stuff.

As if in response, things from the pile beginning hovering away from their resting spots and finding new homes on Imagine.

First the belt. The. Belt. It leaps up like a snake and curls around her small, tight waist. It's two ends link up with a slight *clack* and mircogears within it start whirling.

Next a pair of military-grade and heavily modified night vision goggles float up and settle on her snow-white hair.

A pair of pistol-looking things fly up and settle in matching and opposite holsters on either side of the belt. One is a friendly yellow color with a red cross along it's side. It looks like it wants to invite you inside, bake you cookies, and set you up with someone nice. The other one looks...like the exact opposite of that.

This is followed by a parade of more mundane items. A helmet settles on her pretty head just as a satchel full of odds and ends rests across her shoulders.

Next to last a satchel-like item slinks it's way around one shoulder to rest along one hip. And then something strange happens. The frumpy, blue-skinned, white-haired and equipment-laden girl that was there a minute ago is no longer frumpy or equipment-laden or alien in skin and hair. Where that girl stood is now a normal-looking girl that could be at home in any mid-level executive suite. She has a dainty set of eyeglasses, an expensive-looking purse, and a tiara. Because of course she does.

Finally a green and black cape proves itself a loyal piece of outwear and hugs her shoulders, fluttering to some breeze unfelt and unseen.

"Ahhhhh," she sighs. "I don't know about you guys but I feel soooooooooooooooooooo much yummier.

Imma go read the mind of that drone that's locked down in that pile of toxic spit. Anyone wanna come?"

On her way out the door she pauses, reaches in to her fashionable purse, and pulls out a smart silver flask. She pauses to take a good, stiff bolt and almost shakes in relief and relaxation, like someone scratching an itch that's tormented them too long. Pleased, she nods in satisfaction before replacing it and going on with the aforementioned task.


Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d4-1, Notice d4-1, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Driving d6, Fighting d12+4, Focus d8 | AG d8, SM d4, SP d8, ST d8, VI d8 | Pace 11, Size 1, Parry 13, Tough 13 | Wounds: 0

"Sure, I'm game," Dave responds to Imagine. If she had instead said, Anyone want to jump off a bridge with me? he would have first in line.

Meanwhile, her fashionable purse looked suspiciously like one of the fine bags sold at the street corner by the watch guy.

"Hey," starts Dave, "You know how to spot a fake Rolex?"


Joker; 5 Bennies

Mr. Sardonicous swings his claws at the concrete foundation. His claws scape away at it, and scratches turn to chunks. He slips past the foundation and into the dirt. His powerful arms and legs push the debris out of the freshly made hole. The sounds of dirt hitting itself with a barely audible swish caress Mr. Sardonicous' ears.

He turns back to the entrance and places the well-dressed headless corpse over his shoulder. His claws and feet rip through the dirt. After a time he blasts through the new room's floor looking like a demon breaking free of hell. He tosses the armor clad corpse to the floor.

Mr. Sardonicous inspects the armor and discovers a single latch on shoulder. He pops it, and the front black armor plates separate from the rear. The soft armor unzips without there being a zipper. The vampire is fascinated at the magical technology. The armor now lays loosely about the prey. He grabs and tosses the wasted food into the hole that he had created.

He sees a white stencil pen on a small table. He uses it to scroll a few words in capital letters. Mr. Sardonicous clumsily tries on his new armor. After some fidgeting, the armor readjusts to the new occupant and seals.

He then walks away, and examines the room. On his back giant white letters say, I JUST F#CKED YOUR MOTHER

Search: 1d4 ⇒ 4Wildcard: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Ace: 1d4 ⇒ 2 total:6

What are the armor stats they're carrying?


Init: ; Parry: 6, RATN: 7, Toughness: 14(8); Active: Chemical sense

"Doctor Toxic is the name that stuck. But we should probably find Mindjack before they regroup and send reinforcements."

Is this the highest point?


Mr Sardonicous wrote:

Mr. Sardonicous swings his claws at the concrete foundation. His claws scape away at it, and scratches turn to chunks. He slips past the foundation and into the dirt. His powerful arms and legs push the debris out of the freshly made hole. The sounds of dirt hitting itself with a barely audible swish caress Mr. Sardonicous' ears.

He turns back to the entrance and places the well-dressed headless corpse over his shoulder. His claws and feet rip through the dirt. After a time he blasts through the new room's floor looking like a demon breaking free of hell. He tosses the armor clad corpse to the floor.

Mr. Sardonicous inspects the armor and discovers a single latch on shoulder. He pops it, and the front black armor plates separate from the rear. The soft armor unzips without there being a zipper. The vampire is fascinated at the magical technology. The armor now lays loosely about the prey. He grabs and tosses the wasted food into the hole that he had created.

He sees a white stencil pen on a small table. He uses it to scroll a few words in capital letters. Mr. Sardonicous clumsily tries on his new armor. After some fidgeting, the armor readjusts to the new occupant and seals.

He then walks away, and examines the room. On his back giant white letters say, I JUST F#CKED YOUR MOTHER

[DICE=Search]1d4[dice=Wildcard]1d6
[dice=Ace]1d4 total:6

What are the armor stats they're carrying?

Mr Sardonicous Nothing is this post has happened yet. Please see the post in the Lounge.

Dark Archive

Hybrid Girl| Notice d4| Parry:6 Tough:12(2) ForceF: 1{Life}| RATN: 7| Wounds: 0/4|Absorb: All{R}| BennEEz: 4

Imagine had kept up a constant telepathic ping on the dead guy, just on hunch that he might be napping. "Hey there, Sardonicous! Welcome back to the land of the living. We're all to the West, on the second floor. Come join us soon as you can. Doesn't look like anyone's shooting at us currently, but, eh ya never know."

As Kara walks down the stairs with Dave she turns her blue eyes, framed in a model's face, with soft, straight blonde hair spilling down to an impeccable suit with a modern cut, showing just the top semi-circles of cleavage. "Heh, no, I can't tell a fake Rolex. I mean, not without "invading" the dealer's mind, ha!"

On the way down she activates some buttons, including the force field.

At the drone she knocks on its head. "Hey there! Feel like talking? Of course ya don't! You're an unthinking killing machine that's currently trapped in one of DocToxic's un-escapable jello-molds. Well let's see if you know anything about our good friend MindJack.

And once you tell us I'll kill ya. So it's good fun all around!"

She puts a hand on the exposed drone's head and things get all freeky.

Lower attribute, Smarts! No resist!: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 raise! reduced two steps!
WILD Lower attribute, Smarts! No resist!: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12

Additional Action! Mind Reading! Resisted by Smarts!: 1d12 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
WILD Additional Action! Mind Reading! Resisted by Smarts!: 1d6 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
WILD ACE!: 1d6 ⇒ 2 = 16 Raise! Resist at -2!


Ah-Rekhmire continues looking for his "treasure" and adds it to his growing personal jewellery collection. Each piece is ancient and probably worth thousands of dollars, but they also give odd a menacing vibe that makes anyone handling them feel like something was watching them...

Once all his things are back, he joins the others, looking each of them over with dead eyes.


Bennies: 9 | Current Card: none | Active: Speak Language, Heighten Senses, armor (10) | Toughness 6 (10)

I composed a post earlier that apparently got eaten by the Paizo goblins. I'll repost what I remember doing and then read through the posts above to catch up on anything else I should interact with or role play.

Karma, who so far has only identified herself to the group as Ghost, announces, "I'm going ghost mode to look for useful stuff. Let me know if I can locate anything you are missing. I'll send thoughts to the lady in blue if I find anything useful."

Karma then turns semi-transparent but still visible and floats up and around looking for a flashlight first and foremost.

Notice: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 4


Imagine you no longer feel any connection to the tall pale man from the transport.

Imagine wrote:
On the way down she activates some buttons, including the force field.

Focus roll to activate the force field please. Not likely to fail but there is always the chance for the double 1

Imagine wrote:

At the drone she knocks on its head. "Hey there! Feel like talking? Of course ya don't! You're an unthinking killing machine that's currently trapped in one of DocToxic's un-escapable jello-molds. Well let's see if you know anything about our good friend MindJack.

And once you tell us I'll kill ya. So it's good fun all around!"

She puts a hand on the exposed drone's head and things get all freeky.

Lower attribute, Smarts, reduced two steps!
Additional Action! Mind Reading! Resisted by Smarts! 16 with a raise, resist at -2

Pitiful resistance: 1d4 - 2 ⇒ (1) - 2 = -1 Utter failure.

The thing you learn:
Prisoner 74L5910 Designation MindJack is interred in cell two, first wing. You also learn that this drone is not a machine.

The other thing you learn:
This drone is in active communication with a drone at the top of the tower. That drone is attempting to recall the rest of the prison staff and/or summon reinforcements.

The thing you learn along the way:
The mind has an unfamiliar structure. They might not be Human/Hybrid/Atlantean or there may have been extensive alterations but they are alive or at least alive adjacent.


Karma

Karma wrote:

Karma, who so far has only identified herself to the group as Ghost, announces, "I'm going ghost mode to look for useful stuff. Let me know if I can locate anything you are missing. I'll send thoughts to the lady in blue if I find anything useful."

Karma then turns semi-transparent but still visible and floats up and around looking for a flashlight first and foremost.

You easily find a flashlight. Focus roll if you want to pick it up while remaining in ghost form.


Bennies: 9 | Current Card: none | Active: Speak Language, Heighten Senses, armor (10) | Toughness 6 (10)

Focus: 1d8 ⇒ 5
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Karma picks up the flashlight and slips it in one of the cape's inner pockets.

Doctor Toxic wrote:

"Doctor Toxic is the name that stuck. But we should probably find Mindjack before they regroup and send reinforcements."

Is this the highest point?

Karma gestures to anyone below watching her that she is going up. Then she makes the sign of watching with two fingers point away from her eyes and vanishes.

She moves up through the floor to look at the top level, strongly suspecting Mindjack was there.


Init:3C, 9 Bennies; Parry 5/14, Toughness 6/16, RATN 4/13

Wow, miss just one day...

Psiclops grabs his ear bud and follows Karma to the third floor.

Dark Archive

Hybrid Girl| Notice d4| Parry:6 Tough:12(2) ForceF: 1{Life}| RATN: 7| Wounds: 0/4|Absorb: All{R}| BennEEz: 4

"Hey all, MindJack is interred in cell two, first wing.

Hey Karma, are you going up top? Because this drone says there's another drone at the top of the tower that is trying to call all of the reinforcements down on us. If you could make him not able to do that, that'd be super.

Does anyone want to know anything else from this drone? Now's a good time to ask. Because he won't be able to talk soon. Or do anything else.

Because Imma shoot him. Was that not obvious? People tell me I'm too subtle so I never know."

GM, do we know which is the first wing, or do I need to ask him that too? Because this building doesn't look like it has wings.


Kara "Imagine" Luthor wrote:


...

GM, do we know which is the first wing, or do I need to ask him that too? Because this building doesn't look like it has wings.

It doesn't? I may be using the term incorrectly. To me it means two or more roughly similar bits of building that stick out from a shared and more prominent bit of building. Does that jive with reality?

Take a look at the map again and try to see what the building looks like from the courtyard. Also, and forgive me if this makes things too obvious, but if there is a 'first' wing it implies at least a second. Wings tend to look alike, and using the same logic you know from the drone that the first wing has more than one cell in it. So 2 bits of the building that look alike and have two or more cells.

And most importantly somewhere you have not been yet......


Doctor Toxic wrote:

"Doctor Toxic is the name that stuck. But we should probably find Mindjack before they regroup and send reinforcements."

Is this the highest point?

Sorry, I missed this post. My bad. As you can see stairs going up and because the atrium continues you are sure there is at least one more floor. Probably only one or else you would have seen it from the gym roof.


PsiclopsNE wrote:

Wow, miss just one day...

Psiclops grabs his ear bud and follows Karma to the third floor.

Karma is going through the floor. Bit hard to follow her quietly. Are you flying up the stairs, trying the elevator, or flying up the atrium? Or maybe you are blasting your way through the floor. I don't judge.


Karma NE wrote:


Karma picks up the flashlight and slips it in one of the cape's inner pockets.

Karma gestures to anyone below watching her that she is going up. Then she makes the sign of watching with two fingers point away from her eyes and vanishes.

She moves up through the floor to look at the top level, strongly suspecting Mindjack was there.

As you pass through the floor you realize you have a headache. It is quite rare for you to have 'normal' aches and pains in ghost form. It's not a bad headache, but it is there. Odd.

Top of the tower:
This is quite impressive. The glass domed ceiling is at least 14 feet high and allows the strong half-moon to fill the level with light. The sprinkler system is working. The sprayers are attached to the ribs supporting the glass panels of the dome.
(Area 1)You emerge in what once was a lounge area. Dirty tables, dead plants, an overturned sofa.
(Area 3) An 8 foot high birch wood wall cuts through the space. Looking through windows you see a meeting room and open plan offices. This space has no ceiling. The walls just end at about 8 feet and the spaces inside a re open to the glass dome above.
(Area 2) A wall half made of dark wood and half of glass separates this area from the lounge. There are vertical slat tracked curtains on the inside of this wall and they are currently closed. (sorry for the poor pic. Best I could find.) This wall also stops short of the dome but you see some smaller domes peeping above the wall indicating some areas may be fully enclosed.

Dark Archive

Hybrid Girl| Notice d4| Parry:6 Tough:12(2) ForceF: 1{Life}| RATN: 7| Wounds: 0/4|Absorb: All{R}| BennEEz: 4

Oh. When I think of wings I imagine them on opposite sides. To have an East Wing and a South Wing strikes me as odd. I acknowledge I can't say why.

"Excellent," she says as the rifle she picked up from before hovers up as if by its own volition and almost touches the head of the restrained drone.

Although Kara's hands might not be able to find which end of a rifle the bang comes out of, with the ability to control it with her mind Imagine is able to pull off a precision few other beings that are limited to merely two mortal slabs of flesh and fingers ever could.

Shooting! Telekinetic fine control! Bound! Aiming for Head!: 1d12 + 8 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (9) + 8 + 2 - 4 = 15
WILD Shoo...yadda yadda: 1d6 + 8 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 2 - 4 = 8

Damage will need to be rolled by GM as I don't know what this rifle does for damage but Imma presume that this will end it.

"Come on Dave, I know where MindJack is," she says dramatically, heading for Building #4 just to their South.

Adjusting to a group-wide brainthought she says, "Karma and Psi, you guys are heading up, yeah? Keep doing that. Let's shut down any more party guests.

Ah-Rekhmire and the good Doctor? MindJack is in building 4, just to our South. Let's secure him so we can make like a tree and get outa here."


"[b wrote:

Kara "Imagine" Luthor"[/b]] Oh. When I think of wings I imagine them on opposite sides. To have an East Wing and a South Wing strikes me as odd. I acknowledge I can't say why.

"Excellent," she says as the rifle she picked up from before hovers up as if by its own volition and almost touches the head of the restrained drone.

Although Kara's hands might not be able to find which end of a rifle the bang comes out of, with the ability to control it with her mind Imagine is able to pull off a precision few other beings that are limited to merely two mortal slabs of flesh and fingers ever could.

[dice=Shooting! Telekinetic fine control! Bound! Aiming for Head!]d12+8+2-4
[dice=WILD Shoo...yadda yadda]d6+8+2-4

Damage will need to be rolled by GM as I don't know what this rifle does for damage but Imma presume that this will end it.

"Come on Dave, I know where MindJack is," she says dramatically, heading for Building #4 just to their South.

Adjusting to a group-wide brainthought she says, "Karma and Psi, you guys are heading up, yeah? Keep doing that. Let's shut down any more party guests.

Ah-Rekhmire and the good Doctor? MindJack is in building 4, just to our South. Let's secure him so we can make like a tree and get outa here."

The trigger depresses but the gun fails to fire. It doesn't even make a satisfying 'click'.

You didn't think is was going to be that easy, did you?


Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d4-1, Notice d4-1, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Driving d6, Fighting d12+4, Focus d8 | AG d8, SM d4, SP d8, ST d8, VI d8 | Pace 11, Size 1, Parry 13, Tough 13 | Wounds: 0

When nothing happens, Dave waits patiently. Blue girl will figure it out on her own.

Dark Archive

Hybrid Girl| Notice d4| Parry:6 Tough:12(2) ForceF: 1{Life}| RATN: 7| Wounds: 0/4|Absorb: All{R}| BennEEz: 4

Kara sighs. It is the sound a comet makes as it at long last loses the battle against a star's gravity well.

She knows she probably "can" make the thing work, but her previous testing lets her know that it will take time. More time than they have.

"Dave, could you please crush this guy's head? That won't keep him forever and we've got drek to do."


Init:3C, 9 Bennies; Parry 5/14, Toughness 6/16, RATN 4/13

Psiclops is flying out to the atrium and up to the open area on the third floor. What does he see?


Init: ; Parry: 6, RATN: 7, Toughness: 14(8); Active: Chemical sense

The Doctor will telepathically respond, "Roger, heading to hijack Mindjack.".

And he will slide his way down the elevator shaft and over to the other wing.


Bennies: 9 | Current Card: none | Active: Speak Language, Heighten Senses, armor (10) | Toughness 6 (10)

Psiclops: see the spoiler above: Top of the Tower.


Athletics d8, Common Knowledge d4-1, Notice d4-1, Persuasion d4, Stealth d4, Driving d6, Fighting d12+4, Focus d8 | AG d8, SM d4, SP d8, ST d8, VI d8 | Pace 11, Size 1, Parry 13, Tough 13 | Wounds: 0

Dave looks blankly at the immobilized drone. Killing it is really no different than smashing a wall, he tells himself. And blue girl asked him really nicely. Good enough.

Fighting: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 131d6 ⇒ 4
Damage: 3d6 + 1d8 + 1d4 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) + (8) + (4) + (3) = 23 + Ace: 1d8 ⇒ 2 = 25


Ah-Rekhmire lifts from the ground and flies to the top of the tower, joining Psiclops and anyone else already there.

"Let us hurry so we can be rid of this place and return to our own abodes!" the creature wheezes as he floats beside Psiclops


[b wrote:
"Psiclops"[/b]] Psiclops is flying out to the atrium and up to the open area on the third floor. What does he see?

Karma has the right of it but here is the non-spoilered version.

Top of the tower: This is quite impressive. The glass domed ceiling is at least 14 feet high and allows the strong half-moon to fill the level with light. (Whole level is Dim,-2. Not an issue with your goggles) The sprinkler system is working. The sprayers are attached to the ribs supporting the glass panels of the dome.

(Area 1) This was once was a lounge area. Dirty tables, dead plants, an overturned sofa. (I added you to the lvl 2 map for reference, feel free to move if you like.)

(Area 3) An 8 foot high birch wood wall cuts through the space. Looking through windows you see a meeting room and open plan offices. This space has no ceiling. The walls just end at about 8 feet and the spaces inside are open to the glass dome above.

(Area 2) A wall half made of dark wood and half of glass separates this area from the lounge. There are vertical slat tracked curtains on the inside of this wall and they are currently closed. (Sorry for the poor pic. Best I could find.) This wall also stops short of the dome but you see some smaller domes peeping above the wall indicating some areas may be fully enclosed.


Doctor Toxic wrote:

The Doctor will telepathically respond, "Roger, heading to hijack Mindjack.".

And he will slide his way down the elevator shaft and over to the other wing.

The main level.

Oozing back down the now familiar shaft you squeeze back onto the main floor and slide over to archway leading to the next wing. Doc's Noice: 1d8 ⇒ 71d6 ⇒ 5 vs SHHH!: 1d6 ⇒ 2 You notice an unarmored figure failing to hide behind the archway where the grenades were.

The new corridor.
This wing appears to present a mirror to the previous one. From what you can see there is a straight corridor leading past former classrooms that have been crudely but effectively transformed into cyclone fence cages.

Several figures can be seen at the front of these cages.
See the blob? Group roll: 1d6 ⇒ 51d6 ⇒ 6ace: 1d6 ⇒ 3 9-4(darkness) 5 success.
"Door!" A young male voice shouts in fear. All the figures move back from the cage walls.


Dave Finsterman wrote:

Dave looks blankly at the immobilized drone. Killing it is really no different than smashing a wall, he tells himself. And blue girl asked him really nicely. Good enough.

[dice=Fighting]1d12+4;1d6
[dice=Damage]3d6+1d8+1d4+1d6 [dice=+ Ace]1d8 = 25

But it is different, infinitely so. Note feel free to ignore this commentary.

The helmet collapses. The drone is still.


Ah-Rekhmire wrote:

Ah-Rekhmire lifts from the ground and flies to the top of the tower, joining Psiclops and anyone else already there.

"Let us hurry so we can be rid of this place and return to our own abodes!" the creature wheezes as he floats beside Psiclops

Note please Psiclops is invisible. Even though Psiclops forgot to note this in their post. <Waggles admonishing finger in a direction vaguely near the invisible villain> No issue for this post but maybe in the future.

Top of the tower: This is quite impressive. The glass domed ceiling is at least 14 feet high and allows the strong half-moon to fill the level with light. (Whole level is Dim,-2) The sprinkler system is working. The sprayers are attached to the ribs supporting the glass panels of the dome.

(Area 1) This was once was a lounge area. Dirty tables, dead plants, an overturned sofa.

(Area 3) An 8 foot high birch wood wall cuts through the space. Looking through windows you see a meeting room and open plan offices. This space has no ceiling. The walls just end at about 8 feet and the spaces inside are open to the glass dome above.

(Area 2) A wall half made of dark wood and half of glass separates this area from the lounge. There are vertical slat tracked curtains on the inside of this wall and they are currently closed. (Sorry for the poor pic. Best I could find.) This wall also stops short of the dome but you see some smaller domes peeping above the wall indicating some areas may be fully enclosed.


BOOM!!

Everyone but Ah-Rekmire, Karma, and Psiclops. You hear an explosion from above.

Doc You hear glass shattering from the courtyard (you got a raise on your Notice)

Ah-Rekmire, Karma, Psiclops. Area 2 just exploded. The windows are shattered and the slat curtains shredded. The doors are blown down/open/unscathed as you desire. The flickering light of flames can be seen inside once the flash-glow fades from your vision.

Dark Archive

Hybrid Girl| Notice d4| Parry:6 Tough:12(2) ForceF: 1{Life}| RATN: 7| Wounds: 0/4|Absorb: All{R}| BennEEz: 4

"Gratitude, Dave," Imagine recognizses as she slips into the faster and more efficient mind-speech now that the target has been identified and direct action can commence.

So she responds thusly when the explosion happens.

"Talk to me guys," she chirps at Force Above. "Something just went boom. Are you hurt? Do you need help? Are you attacked?"

That done, she sees DocTox just ahead and hurries to catch up with him in the other wing.

"What do you see, good Doctor? We just had to secure our rear. I expect there to be lots and lots of ambushes here, just like at the other place, so tread careful. We'll be there soon."

Taking her advice to tread carefully, and knowing that the enemy uses tripwires, Kara's feet leave the ground as she returns to the more familiar air element.


Bennies: 9 | Current Card: none | Active: Speak Language, Heighten Senses, armor (10) | Toughness 6 (10)

Hearing the explosion, Karma pushes to move just enough to see inside area 3 before investigating the explosion. She moves to just inside area 2, avoiding any fire.

Notice: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3

Stealth: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Wild: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Plus whatever bonuses come with being intangible and invisible.

It is apparently hard to see with the smoke and dust and fire.

I think she can move without running to see in the two rooms (path marked for 6" inches). Can ordinary fire harm her when intangible? I expect it would be considered the same as a weapon that does energy damage, such as lasers or flame throwers.


Init:3C, 9 Bennies; Parry 5/14, Toughness 6/16, RATN 4/13

Something in one of the rooms in the top floor of the atrium just exploded. I don't know if anybody was in there. Checking it out. Can whoever saw the drone up here tell us exactly where it is?

Active powers : Force Field, Flight, Dodge, Invisibility, Parry
I have a *horrible* memory, so keep reminding me to do this. I also just noticed I have an initiative card from *way* back in my tag line...

Dark Archive

Hybrid Girl| Notice d4| Parry:6 Tough:12(2) ForceF: 1{Life}| RATN: 7| Wounds: 0/4|Absorb: All{R}| BennEEz: 4

"I didn't see it, just when I read the drone down here I caught on that it was in comms with a drone up there. Glad no one's hurt. Go get 'em!"[


Init: ; Parry: 6, RATN: 7, Toughness: 14(8); Active: Chemical sense

Doc relays a report telepathically. They just blew up part of the winge we explored. I think they've trapped the door to Mindjack's wing.

He'll slip a pseudopod through the door crack to look around. Looking for both active enemies and traps on the door.

notice: 1d8 ⇒ 61d6 ⇒ 6
ace: 1d6 ⇒ 5 Woo hoo! 11 total
genius reroll: 1d8 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 2


Bennies: 9 | Current Card: none | Active: Speak Language, Heighten Senses, armor (10) | Toughness 6 (10)
Kara "Imagine" Luthor wrote:

So she responds thusly when the explosion happens.

"Talk to me guys," she chirps at Force Above. "Something just went boom. Are you hurt? Do you need help? Are you attacked?"

Checking.


"I...am...Ah-Rekhmire and I am here"

The undead shakes his head as if trying to clear his thoughts, or perhaps to get the voice out of his mind.


Karma wrote:

Hearing the explosion, Karma pushes to move just enough to see inside area 3 before investigating the explosion. She moves to just inside area 2, avoiding any fire.

[dice=Notice]1d6
[dice=Wild]1d6

[dice=Stealth]1d6
[dice=Wild]1d6
Plus whatever bonuses come with being intangible and invisible.

It is apparently hard to see with the smoke and dust and fire.

I think she can move without running to see in the two rooms (path marked for 6" inches). Can ordinary fire harm her when intangible? I expect it would be considered the same as a weapon that does energy damage, such as lasers or flame throwers.

Yes, fire hurts. Who knew ghosts were so flammable.

Area 3:
Dusty. Looks largely unused. You see office/craft supplies. Not much else. A couple of the windows on the lounge side are cracked. No other damage visible.

Area 2:
This area is another story. The damage is pretty extensive. All the windows leading to the lounge shattered outwards. Desks overturned. Tracked reconfigurable walls blown down. A strong breeze is blowing in from where the outer windows/dome panels blew out. {the area where the heavy red circle overlaps the outer edge of the level is open to the night air.} The heavy red circle is clearly where the blast came from. You think there was a desk and some bookcases but it is all flaming ruin now. (Inside the red circle is largely on fire. Visibility is still good. The blasted dome panel is acting as a chimney) Surprisingly the door survived. It is flat on the floor but you can still read the name plate. "Principal Fredric Wertham." You've never heard of him.

401 to 450 of 603 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Welcome to Star City, City of the Future All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.