Eberron Official Campaign

Game Master EltonJ

This campaign is one where we go through the published adventures for 3.5e.


551 to 600 of 764 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"I know going into the Mournland is dangerous," says Elaydren. "But we must get the creation schema before anyone else."


"We appreciate your candor; let us also hear the structure of the deal you are offering? Inter-House goodwill you & I can speak to separately, but that won't be enough to fund an expedition like this."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"I will fund the expedition," Lady Elaydren says.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Warforged Aegis 1/Soulknife 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 22, T 11, F 21 | F 5, R 4, W 5 | Init +1, Perception +6

"I will go on this. Then again, I can be fixed with a hammer and nails." he says, looking especially at the softer ones in the gorup.


Male Half-orc Bard 2 Init +2 Percept +5 (darkvision 60) SenseMotive +4 22 /22 HP; Fort +3 Reflex +5 Will +3 (+4 v Bardic, sonic, lanaguage) ; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12

"I will go also, but can we settle the details somewhere else?"


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"Hmm. I know of a place where we can be without the Lord of Blades wondering where we are," Lady Elaydrin says. "If you are uncomfortable with the Red Light District, now is the time to tell me."


Warforged Aegis (Aberrant) 2
Escher. wrote:
"I will go on this. Then again, I can be fixed with a hammer and nails." he says, looking especially at the softer ones in the gorup.

Lambda nods. "Likewise. And besides, I have heard of this "Lord of Blades". It sounds as though he is the worst of warforged. To oppose him is worthwhile."


Elf (Aerenal) Cleric of the Undying Court 2 HP 9 AC 20 (T 13, FF 17) Fort +4 Refl +4 Will +7 init +3

Lia shrugs. "Best to discus things where he cannot interfere.. Will we need horses for our trip overland?"


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"You can also go by sea," said the Lady Eladryn.


Male Half-orc Bard 2 Init +2 Percept +5 (darkvision 60) SenseMotive +4 22 /22 HP; Fort +3 Reflex +5 Will +3 (+4 v Bardic, sonic, lanaguage) ; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12
EltonJ wrote:

"Hmm. I know of a place where we can be without the Lord of Blades wondering where we are," Lady Elaydrin says. "If you are uncomfortable with the Red Light District, now is the time to tell me."

"Red lights are fine. Let's just go before we're attacked here again."

EltonJ wrote:
"You can also go by sea," said the Lady Eladryn.

"Or, if we are in a hurry, could we take the lightning rail east and purchase horses and supplies on the border of the Mournland?"


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"You can."


m LN human Gunslinger 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +3 CMD 16 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Grit 2/2 | Ammo 5/5

I am happy that you will finance this expedition...

Beren starts coughing heavily and covers the lot with a handkerchief. When he takes the handkerchief away from his face, a little blood is visible on it. He hastily hides the handkerchief so that no one notices.

...Like I said, I'm happy. But how much will you pay us for the search? The world is full of evil without the Lord of Blades. I could fire a couple of bolts at any evil, not necessarily at this one. What is the reward?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

She gives you a backpack.

"All the information you need is in the left pocket of the backpack. Take it and go! Get out of the city as quickly as you can!”


m LN human Gunslinger 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +3 CMD 16 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Grit 2/2 | Ammo 5/5

Beren will not go anywhere until he deals with the issue of a new reward .)


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Beren Lonn wrote:
Beren will not go anywhere until he deals with the issue of a new reward .)

Lady Eladryn groans. "I'll have 2,000 gp transferred into each of your accounts as a reward."


Karsh'e wrote:
EltonJ wrote:

"Hmm. I know of a place where we can be without the Lord of Blades wondering where we are," Lady Elaydrin says. "If you are uncomfortable with the Red Light District, now is the time to tell me."

"Red lights are fine. Let's just go before we're attacked here again."

EltonJ wrote:
"You can also go by sea," said the Lady Eladryn.
"Or, if we are in a hurry, could we take the lightning rail east and purchase horses and supplies on the border of the Mournland?"

"The lady's suggestion though, is more discreet and has fewer points of risk than all the stops of the lightning rail. If we sail, hopefully as far up the river as to Rhukaan Draal, we will be a virtual stones throw from Whitehearth."

Jacen looks around ...

"But let us make haste."


Elf (Aerenal) Cleric of the Undying Court 2 HP 9 AC 20 (T 13, FF 17) Fort +4 Refl +4 Will +7 init +3

"Jacan's idea has merit. As long as we are careful gaining places on a ship. Less watched and recorded than the rail."


Male Half-orc Bard 2 Init +2 Percept +5 (darkvision 60) SenseMotive +4 22 /22 HP; Fort +3 Reflex +5 Will +3 (+4 v Bardic, sonic, lanaguage) ; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12

Karsh'e 's expression droops. He agrees slowly, "A ship then. I can leave now."

The mention of 2000 in gold gets his attention, with a small gasp. There is one difficulty. "I don't think I have an account."


Warforged Aegis 1/Soulknife 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 22, T 11, F 21 | F 5, R 4, W 5 | Init +1, Perception +6

"I'm not very experienced with horses. I suspect they may not like going into the mournland. We may need to travel the old fashioned way."

How long does it take to set up an account with House Kundarak?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Escher. wrote:

"I'm not very experienced with horses. I suspect they may not like going into the mournland. We may need to travel the old fashioned way."

How long does it take to set up an account with House Kundarak?

Thanks to House Sivis, only a half an hour.


m LN human Gunslinger 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +3 CMD 16 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Grit 2/2 | Ammo 5/5

If you survive after this journey, Karsh'e, which is unlikely, you will have one. Beren coughs again, nods and agrees to participate in this mission.


"Off to the port then?"


Warforged Aegis (Aberrant) 2

"Let us not waste time."


Warforged Aegis 1/Soulknife 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 22, T 11, F 21 | F 5, R 4, W 5 | Init +1, Perception +6

"Agreed"


Elf (Aerenal) Cleric of the Undying Court 2 HP 9 AC 20 (T 13, FF 17) Fort +4 Refl +4 Will +7 init +3

"Sounds like fun."
Her face says otherwise.
"Well then, grab your gear and food and water and meet at the docks then..."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Are you sure you don't want to do a little research?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Elf (Aerenal) Cleric of the Undying Court 2 HP 9 AC 20 (T 13, FF 17) Fort +4 Refl +4 Will +7 init +3

"On second thought, perhaps we should research this place and our path more. both historically and rumors and sightings of travelers and adventurers to that area... I just had a vision form my ancestors.."


Male Half-orc Bard 2 Init +2 Percept +5 (darkvision 60) SenseMotive +4 22 /22 HP; Fort +3 Reflex +5 Will +3 (+4 v Bardic, sonic, lanaguage) ; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12

"So Whitehearth is in the Mournlsnds, but what is it, a castle with a hig fireplace?"

On learning Whitehearth is a town, Karsh'e seems troubled. "A town is a big place to search. Any idea where the schema is in Whitehearth?"


Warforged Aegis 1/Soulknife 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 22, T 11, F 21 | F 5, R 4, W 5 | Init +1, Perception +6

"We find the house Cannith compound and look for the labs. That should be a good start."

how well known are the workarounds for healing in the mournlands?


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Escher. wrote:

"We find the house Cannith compound and look for the labs. That should be a good start."

how well known are the workarounds for healing in the mournlands?

It's not common knowledge in Sharn, although adventurers going into the Mournland should be appraised of all the dangers. The halflings of House Jorasco would definitely know.


Elf (Aerenal) Cleric of the Undying Court 2 HP 9 AC 20 (T 13, FF 17) Fort +4 Refl +4 Will +7 init +3

"House Jorasco it is then..."


Male Half-orc Bard 2 Init +2 Percept +5 (darkvision 60) SenseMotive +4 22 /22 HP; Fort +3 Reflex +5 Will +3 (+4 v Bardic, sonic, lanaguage) ; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12

"And where's House Cannith in Whitehearth?"


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

Lady Eladryn answers, "It's in the ruins, according to the missive I got from Aeren."


EltonJ wrote:

Lady Eladryn answers, "It's in the ruins, according to the missive I got from Aeren."

"So sorry milady ... Aeren?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"Yes, Aeren," said Lady Eladryn. "He's alive."


EltonJ wrote:
"Yes, Aeren," said Lady Eladryn. "He's alive."

"Is this someone we need to rescue? Do you mean alive in the Mournland."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"So far," said Lady Eladryn.


Elf (Aerenal) Cleric of the Undying Court 2 HP 9 AC 20 (T 13, FF 17) Fort +4 Refl +4 Will +7 init +3

"Any other questions? We should go talk to a few halflings.."


Male Half-orc Bard 2 Init +2 Percept +5 (darkvision 60) SenseMotive +4 22 /22 HP; Fort +3 Reflex +5 Will +3 (+4 v Bardic, sonic, lanaguage) ; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12
EltonJ wrote:
"So far," said Lady Eladryn.

"What can you tell us about Aeren, so that we'll recognize them if we meet?"

*****
Once we get a description of Aeren, I'm ready to follow Lia to House Jorasco.


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10
Karsh'e wrote:
EltonJ wrote:
"So far," said Lady Eladryn.

"What can you tell us about Aeren, so that we'll recognize them if we meet?"

*****
Once we get a description of Aeren, I'm ready to follow Lia to House Jorasco.

"I don't know what he looked like. Presumably, he looks like Baron Merrix, except older," she says.


m LN human Gunslinger 2 | HP 17/17 | AC 19 T 14 FF 15 | CMB +3 CMD 16 | F +2 R +6 W +2 | Perc +7 | Grit 2/2 | Ammo 5/5

Let's not get confused. We are not sent for Aeren, but for the creation scheme. We're not saving Aeren, we're just using him if he's useful for the search. The one who chose to live in Mournland... Does not need our salvation.


Warforged Aegis (Aberrant) 2

Knowledge(Local): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Just wanting to make sure I have IC justification for what I know OOC, GM. But...a warforged is going to know a thing or two about Aaren d'Cannith, right? I feel like they'd know the name of the guy who created them, at the very least.

At the revelation that Aaren d'Cannith is alive, Lambda looks immediately to Escher, as if to ask "did you know this?"


Warforged Aegis 1/Soulknife 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 22, T 11, F 21 | F 5, R 4, W 5 | Init +1, Perception +6

Escher seems as surprised as anybody. "But I'll bet he has some interesting stories..."


Male Half-orc Bard 2 Init +2 Percept +5 (darkvision 60) SenseMotive +4 22 /22 HP; Fort +3 Reflex +5 Will +3 (+4 v Bardic, sonic, lanaguage) ; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12

"Oh. Baron Merrix. That makes everything clear."

Karsh'e notices the reaction of the warforged. "Who is Aeren d'Cannith to you?"

If there's a place unaffected by the war and isolated from major news, it's the Shadow Marches.


Warforged Aegis 1/Soulknife 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 22, T 11, F 21 | F 5, R 4, W 5 | Init +1, Perception +6

"I know of Aeren d'Cannith, but I was designed by Merrix d'Cannith."


Elf (Aerenal) Cleric of the Undying Court 2 HP 9 AC 20 (T 13, FF 17) Fort +4 Refl +4 Will +7 init +3

"Well, shall we go attempt to pry some information out of some halflings, acquire any needed gear and food and such and then make travel arrangements?"


Male Half-orc Bard 2 Init +2 Percept +5 (darkvision 60) SenseMotive +4 22 /22 HP; Fort +3 Reflex +5 Will +3 (+4 v Bardic, sonic, lanaguage) ; AC 14, touch 14, flat-footed 12

"That sounds good."

The halforc is looking forward to visiting House Jorasco. He had never been in one, had only heard of their hospitality and caregivers expertise. It seemed like a good, quiet sort of avocation, but not the stuff of tale and paean. He was curious. Perhaps there was a different king of story in it.


Warforged Aegis (Aberrant) 2
Karsh'e wrote:


Karsh'e notices the reaction of the warforged. "Who is Aeren d'Cannith to you?"

He, and his father Merrix" Lambda says, inclining his head toward Escher, "designed the warforged. I had thought he was dead."


Warforged Aegis 1/Soulknife 1 | HP 23/23 | AC 22, T 11, F 21 | F 5, R 4, W 5 | Init +1, Perception +6

He looks quizzical and then chuckles, "No, I meant Merrix, the Son of Aeren, not Merrix the Father of Aeren. He's not dead at all."


Male Human Psion 10/Atlanteologist 10

"Be careful in the Mournlands," Lady Elaydren said. "People have died there."

551 to 600 of 764 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Eberron play All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.