#8-05 UNGROUNDED BUT UNBROKEN - GM Nowruz (Inactive)

Game Master noral

Maps and handouts.


301 to 350 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
The Exchange

F Sylph M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

Shenendril will join Kridash and will lead the way to the office. She stows her bow but draws her longsword in case any of the crowd gets too aggressive in their disagreements.

She also tries to calm them.

"We apologize for the disruption in your evening ladies and gentlemen. Unfortunately, there's always some bad ore in a vein and this individual was trying to take advantage of our patrons. We have subdued her and will be turning her over to the proper authorities. Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


You properly grapple and restrain the woman and eventually realize that Shenendril is really able to calm the whole crowd.

The guards come to your aid and take the thief away.

“Good job!!“ the Oread boss says with a smile.

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

The witch takes advantage of the boss's good mood and asks, "Excuse me. The shaitan noble--who is she?"


He looks totally confused.

“The woman is actually General Faiza bint Hanif!! Your super boss!!! Hanif is an expected guest of honor tonight, and I will need to apologize profusely to the general for all this turmoil! Excuse me please!“ he says as he leaves to escort the general out as she’s exiting the establishment.


RETURN TO THE BARRACKS

The day after you return to the barracks from the casino, Captain Othis summons you to her office once again.

“You’re still here?“

Captain Othis growls, without looking up from the pile of missives on her desk.

“I thought you’d find a path out of here by now. Well, maggots, it’s your lucky day. I have another easy job for you to screw up!“

Othis rifles through her stack of papers and holds up a scroll bearing a bronze seal.

“Zuhair Issawa needs someone to babysit a shipment of gems. Our real troops have more important things to do, so I’m sending you. All you have to do is get the caravan to his estate a few miles outside the city. Any questions?“

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Pugilist 4.0 | Init +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +2; Darkvision 60 ft | HP 33 / 33 | AC 20; T 15; FF 15 | CMB +3 | CMD +18 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +4 (5 vs enchantment) | Speed: 30 ft | Conditions: -

In the casino:

Ash looks at the door when the oread reveals the identity of the deocrated woman. "Maybe we should have a word with her as well? Bring forward our concerns about the state of the company?"

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Ilarien shakes her head. "The impression I got from her was that she wouldn't take it well in this setting. I almost admire the captain for setting us up like this...if we got into trouble with the general, she'd claim it was a test to see whether we knew our commanding officer. A test we would have failed. Let's gather more evidence first, and try to find someone at a slightly lower echelon to talk to. And keep our orders for this mission safe."

The Exchange

F Sylph M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

"We should keep gathering evidence but I think Hanif will be interested when she finds out we were given this and told that the person it depicts was a thief by Othis," Shenendril says, waving the sheet they were given before the casino job when they're wrapping it up.

"The way out is through, Sir," she says at the briefing the next day.

"Is there any particular opposition we should expect or hazards we should watch out for?"


The general is unfortunately not available for any further discussions after the fight in the casino.

~

When you start to asking the captain questions, she rolls her eyes.

"Well, let me think ... " she starts to talk but it is clear that her words provide little guidance.

Essentially, Captain Othis provides little in the way of useful information other than where to find the caravan.

As you surely stick around to ask more questions, she becomes increasingly frustrated, finally ordering you to get out of her sight.

Captain Othis finally claims, "The guard duty will be little more than a formality, as the caravan’s route is a well used thorough fare and generally known to be safe! Get out!"

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

The witch gives whatever gesture passes for a salute among the Ungrounded and departs. Once out of earshot, though, she murmurs to the others, "Shen or Ash, can one of you talk to Herm and see if she knows anything about this 'formality?'"

GM N, does this sound like the caravan that Othis sold out to the xorn?


Yes. It definitely sounds like that Ilarien.

You talk to other Ungrounded but they confirm that this is a standard job because the route is changed often and is secret usually.

The Exchange

F Sylph M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

"This feels like another scenario where she wants us to fail or die because we aren't expecting trouble. But we ARE expecting trouble and her little co-conspirator is going to learn what it means to face Pathfinders," Shenendril says, her jaw setting with increasing anger toward their commander.

Dark Archive

Female Catfolk Rogue 3/Scaled Fist 1 | hp 35/35 | AC 19 T19 FF13 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +5, R +9, W +1 | Init: +7| Perc: +8, SM: -1, Concentration | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 0/0 | Conditions: none

Will we be able to ambush the ambushers? Or do we have to walk with the caravan into the trap?


The caravan is easy enough to find, loading up at a warehouse on the outskirts of the city.

Four stocky rock beetles carry what look to be the heaviest goods, and a massive bronze-ringed serpent with horns and silvery skin carries the bulky materials.

It spots you Pathfinders and hisses warningly, baring long deadly fangs, before a pair of dwarves shush it and draw its attention away from the strangers.

Knowledge (planes) DC 15:

The horned serpent is an agrawgh, earth elementals known for their deadly bite and the acid spray they use when threatened.

“Howdy there folks!“ one of two dwarven handlers says once the serpent is calm enough to speak over.

The two female dwarves approach you.

“You must be the escort we contracted out, yes? Name's Annie, and that's Nef!“ she waves at the other dwarf who waves back with a smile on her face.

“And you're just in time - we're ready to head out!“ Annie continues happily.

“Where would you like to be in the caravan while we travel? Do you mind telling us about the Material Plane? What season is it right now? I'll admit sometimes I get a yearning to see the sky again, but everyone knows a dwarf's most at home underground. Ain't that right?“ she winks before running over to tie up a loose package on one of the beetles.

How do approach this task?

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Taking 10 on the Knowledge (Planes) check, since we're not under pressure:

Ilarien indicates the serpent. "Stay away from its front end. That's an agrawgh, and it spits acid."

In answer to the dwarf, Ilarien responds with a question of her own. "The Captain didn't have much time to brief us, so we don't know how long the trip will take or the route you're following. Can we go over that while we're starting out? We'll decide placement based on that."


Nef cheerfully informs Ilarien that goods are fairly-evenly distributed amongst the caravan, "...but of course the bulk are on Rockhead here, given that she's so much bigger than the rest of us."

See slides for a picture of the beasts.

She pats the agrawgh gently, and the towering creature huffs gently before shaking her head impatiently.

"We will be traveling for a day, not more."

Nef concedes with a deep laugh. "Let's be off then! You decide how you want to structure security."

The journey to the Issawa estate is slow going - the beetles in particular seem quite prone to stopping and refusing to move until Nef or Annie cajole them into rejoining the rest of the caravan.

Where would you like to be in the caravan? The large serpent is in the middle of the group, with a pair of beetles and a dwarven handler both in front and behind. Pick one of those three positions (Front, Middle, Rear) where you'd like to be for the journey.

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Ilarien stays in the middle, anticipating that the attack will fall there.

Dark Archive

HP 39/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.1

Ryskovich looks at the mighty beast in front of him and is happy knowing that he is hopefully not looking like a snack. He then takes up position in the middle as well (if possible) to be able to reach anywhere that should need reinforcement.

The Exchange

F Sylph M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

"Oh, I've known plenty of dwarves, even an oread or two who liked to be under the open sky. It's...fall?" Shenendril looks around dismayed at the others. "Fall, right? Back home. It's so easy to lose track of time here for those of us not accustomed to being underground all the time."

She falls in line at the back of the group. Between her bow and her speed it will be easier for her to catch up than fall back.

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

"We came from Absalom, which is close enough to the equator not to have pronounced seasons."

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Pugilist 4.0 | Init +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +2; Darkvision 60 ft | HP 33 / 33 | AC 20; T 15; FF 15 | CMB +3 | CMD +18 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +4 (5 vs enchantment) | Speed: 30 ft | Conditions: -

"Any chance someone can scout ahead?" Ash looks at Shenendril.

"I know of a small friend of yours that could... give us an edge in the form of a heads-up?" he coughs "Ah, in CASE of an ambush, of course."

"I haven't been here long enough to really make comparisons with the material plane. And I am not sure whether you know what seasons are? It's like weatcher changes every few months in cycles. Snow first, then everything is in bloom with colours, then heat, and in autumn, everything almost dies again, only to be covered in snow and spring to life afterwards. Do you have that here?"

The Exchange

F Sylph M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

Shenendril nods. It takes some cajoling and only after she assures him that he doesn't have to fly close to the ground that Belthelgior flies out ahead of the caravan. It would be easy enough for him to simply keep pace with the group but he is so high strung he can not fly slow and flits all around approximately 50' ahead of the group.

Shenendril does not point out to the little elemental that they're in a tunnel and lots of things here can burrow so he's not much safer flying near the ceiling than he would be hovering just over the ground.

Dark Archive

Female Catfolk Rogue 3/Scaled Fist 1 | hp 35/35 | AC 19 T19 FF13 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +5, R +9, W +1 | Init: +7| Perc: +8, SM: -1, Concentration | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 0/0 | Conditions: none

Camina will stick to the front of the caravan - away from the mouths of the beasts.


"Yes, yes, we have that here as well Ash but it is just different you know. This is the plane of earth after all!" the dwarf says smiling.

Belthelgior scouts ahead but does not see anything special.

~

After 4 hours of stop-and-go travel through a forest of stalactites and stalagmites, the caravan reaches a narrow bridge made of magically-shaped quartz spanning the vast geode walls surrounding the Opaline Vault.

A waterfall tumbles from the ceiling nearby.

kn planes DC 15:
This waterfall is an influence from the Plane of Water that fills the air with a perpetual mist, though the mist has no effect on Perception checks against creatures within 200 feet.

Stalactites grow down from the low ceiling, the longest of them reaching all the way down to the bridge itself.

Beneath the bridge, the “floor” of the geode is made up of jagged crystals that sprout from the ground 10 feet below.

A creature that falls off the bridge takes 2d6 points of damage from landing on the crystals. The crystals are relatively easy to climb—ascending back to the bridge requires only a successful DC 15 Climb check.

~

Zandu and Shenendril suddenly realize that something is coming off the ceiling!

GM:
Perception

Perc(Shenendril): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Perc(Kridash): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
Perc(Zandu): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Perc (Camina): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Perc (Ryskovich): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19
Perc(Ilarien): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

GM:
Initiative

Ini(Mephit): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Ini(Elementals): 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Ini(Shenendril): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Ini(Kridash): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Init(Zandu): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7]
Init(Camina): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Init(Ryskovich): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Init(Ilarien): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

A small humanoid creature with thin, leathery wings, small horns, and a mischievous smile drop to the ground and suddenly the whole ground becomes super soft!!

Kn planes to identify the mephit. Please ask your questions.

@EVERYONE: Reflex saves please and roll d2 in case you are affected!
Soften Earth and Stone: When this spell is cast, all natural, undressed earth or stone in the spell’s area is softened. Wet earth becomes thick mud, dry earth becomes loose sand or dirt, and stone becomes soft clay that is easily molded or chopped. You affect a 10-foot square area to a depth of 1 to 4 feet, depending on the toughness or resilience of the ground at that spot. Magical, enchanted, dressed, or worked stone cannot be affected. Earth or stone creatures are not affected.
A creature in mud must succeed on a Reflex save or be caught for 1d2 rounds and unable to move, attack, or cast spells. A creature that succeeds on its save can move through the mud at half speed, and it can’t run or charge. Loose dirt is not as troublesome as mud, but all creatures in the area can move at only half their normal speed and can’t run or charge over the surface. Stone softened into clay does not hinder movement, but it does allow characters to cut, shape, or excavate areas they may not have been able to affect before.

HAZARD: A creature that falls off the bridge takes 2d6 points of damage from landing on the crystals. The crystals are relatively easy to climb—ascending back to the bridge requires only a successful DC 15 Climb check.

~

Surprise round - Standard or move action

Mephit

Shenendril
Zandu

Earth elementals

~

Round 1

Mephit

Ryskovich
Shenendril
Zandu
Camina
Ilarien
Ash

Earth elementals

BOLD are up!

The Exchange

F Sylph M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Refl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

What a good place for an ambush, Shenendril thinks as she approaches the bridge, leaving her a on edge and ready when it comes.

She calls upon her connection to the planes through Belthelgior and summons up a celestial creature.

Using my Servitor Ability. Got a meeting but I'll place the creature and roll for it in a bit.


Celestial Eagle HP 5/5 | AC 14, T 13, FF 12| SR: 5| Resist Acid, Cold and Electricity: 5 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +2 | Perc +10, Darkvision 60’, low-light vision | Init +2

A heavenly eagle appears and tears into the elemental creature.

talons: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Slashing: 1d4 ⇒ 2

talons: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Slashing: 1d4 ⇒ 3

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 4

It's using Smite Evil so anything that hits (and if it's evil) does a +1 damage.

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

DC 15 Knowledge (Planes) check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19

"Interesting...that waterfall is an ingress from the Plane of Water."

Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Dark Archive

HP 39/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.1

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 191d2 ⇒ 2


Sorry i did not mention that but the reflex dc is 14. The scenario explicitly says that mud is created.
@ Shenendril: Can you summon as a standard action. Even if yes then the eagle can unfortunately only make a standard action as this is the surprise round. :-(
ZANDU is up.
All that have not made a dc 14 reflex save -> please do so. :-)

The Exchange

F Sylph M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

Yes, my Servitor power from being a Conjuring Occultist lets me summon as a Standard Action.

Dark Archive

Female Catfolk Rogue 3/Scaled Fist 1 | hp 35/35 | AC 19 T19 FF13 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +5, R +9, W +1 | Init: +7| Perc: +8, SM: -1, Concentration | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 0/0 | Conditions: none

reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 3/Sorcerer 1 | HP 38/38 (11NL) | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | F+8 R+8 W+7 | Perception +9 | Init +5 | CMB +0 | CMD 14

Ref save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

Zandu easily dances out of the way of the softening earth, keeping his footing without difficulty. Spotting the winged assailant, with a gesture he sends a piece of rock shooting across the empty space between them, aetheric strands shimmering around it as it flies.

Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 8 + 1 = 24
Damage, PBS: 2d6 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 8 + 1 = 14


The summoned eagle scratches the mephit and Zando can knock the breath out of the mephit's lungs.

Suddenly, from above two earth elementals drop directly on the Agrawgh. The caravan’s agrawgh is injured and screeches in pain! Obviously, the stalactites that reach down to the bridge allowed the elementals to sense the caravan’s approach with their tremorsense!

~

The injured agrawgh flails around in pain, exhaling drops of acid that fall to the ground as acid rain.

Acid rain: 2d4 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7

@EVERYONE: This acid deals 2d4 points of damage each round to all creatures within 20 feet of the Large creature (Reflex DC 16 half and please roll yourself!
IMPORTANT: The PCs can neutralize the hazard by calming the agrawgh. The agrawgh stops flailing if the PCs heal any of the damage it has taken or if they succeed at a Diplomacy or Handle Animal check to soothe it (this check is a standard action and any number of PCs may assist as long as they also spend a standard action.

~

The mephit steps back and concentrates to cast a spell .

~

Round 1

Mephit, -16, casting 1 round spell

Ash, reflex DC 16
Ryskovich, reflex DC 16

Agrawgh

Shenendril, reflex DC 16
Zandu, reflex DC 16
Camina, reflex DC 16
Ilarien, reflex DC 16

Earth elementals

BOLD are up!

Dark Archive

Female Catfolk Rogue 3/Scaled Fist 1 | hp 35/35 | AC 19 T19 FF13 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +5, R +9, W +1 | Init: +7| Perc: +8, SM: -1, Concentration | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 0/0 | Conditions: none

reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Gaaaahhh!

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

DC 16 Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

The witch fails to avoid any of the corrosive spray.

Dark Archive

HP 39/42, AC/T/F 21/14/18, Intimidate +3, Perception +11, Initiative +2 , F/R/W: 7/5/3 (5 v fear) Halfling Fighter (Rondelero Duelist) 5.1

reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

Ryskovich will jump and dodge out of the way of the failing acidic rain. He then attempts to soothe the mighty beast as it flails about.

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Pugilist 4.0 | Init +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +2; Darkvision 60 ft | HP 33 / 33 | AC 20; T 15; FF 15 | CMB +3 | CMD +18 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +4 (5 vs enchantment) | Speed: 30 ft | Conditions: -

"Surprise, surprise... An ambush. Who would have thought?" Ash mutters to himself as the creatures pop up in the area. The ground he is standing on turns to quicksand, and he immediately sinks in. "Well, fu-"

Reflex: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
1d2 ⇒ 1

I take it I can't dodge the acid rain if I am in the mud/quicksand, so full damage.

2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7


Camina and Ilarien get acid in the eyes!

Ryskovich can dodge most of the acid but he is unable to really steer the emotions of the large Agrawgh!

Ash is able to prevent getting stuck and can also dodge most of the acid spraying around!

DC was only 14 for the mud and 16 for the acid. ;-)

reflex Ash: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

You are still up Ash!

~

Round 1

Mephit, -16, casting 1 round spell

Ash

Ryskovich, -3

Agrawgh

Shenendril, reflex DC 16
Zandu, reflex DC 16
Camina, -7
Ilarien, -7

Earth elementals

BOLD are up!

Liberty's Edge

Male CG Half-Orc Pugilist 4.0 | Init +4 | Perc: +9, SM: +2; Darkvision 60 ft | HP 33 / 33 | AC 20; T 15; FF 15 | CMB +3 | CMD +18 | Fort +7; Ref +13; Will +4 (5 vs enchantment) | Speed: 30 ft | Conditions: -

Oh, okay then.

Unadrmed Strike: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 141d6 ⇒ 6

Ash moves towards the mephit and tries to slam his elbow into the creature.


Unfortunately, Ash cannot penetrate the defense of the mephit!

The Agrawgh is still spitting acid all over the place!

acid damage all Reflex DC 16 half: 2d4 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

Nef and Annie frantically entreat you, "Do something!! The elementals are trying to steal from us!!"

~

Round 1

Mephit, -16, casting 1 round spell

Ash, reflex DC 16
Ryskovich, -3, reflex DC 16

Agrawgh

Shenendril, 2 x reflex DC 16
Zandu, 2 x reflex DC 16
Camina, -7, reflex DC 16
Ilarien, -7, reflex DC 16

Earth elementals

BOLD are up!

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

DC 16 Reflex save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ilarien continues to be unable to dodge the acid spray. She casts a protective spell (mage armor), then tries to slip by one of the elementals to get out of the splash zone.

Untrained Acrobatics check to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Fluffed that. Current AC is 16.

The Exchange

F Sylph M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

Refl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Refl: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

"Calm down, friend," Shenendril says, stepping up to the agrawgh after taking one blast of acid but avoiding the other.

She lays a hand on it to heal it.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


When Ilarien tries to escape the earth elemental has a treat!

Ilarien, do you cast defensively? I assume that you move away and then cast you spell which might be better? AC without MA is 12 so the attack roll is below and please advise your action sequence. Or roll concentration.

AoO slam: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 151d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13

~

Shenendril heals the large elemental worm which helps!

I will treat this as a +4 on the diplomacy or handle animal check. :)

~

Round 1

Mephit, -16, casting 1 round spell

Ash, reflex DC 16
Ryskovich, -3, reflex DC 16

Agrawgh

Shenendril, -8
Zandu, 2 x reflex DC 16
Camina, -7, reflex DC 16
Ilarien, -9

Earth elementals

BOLD are up!

Dark Archive

Female Catfolk Rogue 3/Scaled Fist 1 | hp 35/35 | AC 19 T19 FF13 | CMB +4, CMD 19 | F: +5, R +9, W +1 | Init: +7| Perc: +8, SM: -1, Concentration | Speed 30 ft | |Spells: 1st 0/0 | Conditions: none

reflex: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Camina steps into flank, snaps into a menacing fighting stance and flurries the elemental

I think elementals don't take precision damage in 1e, so I'll give them to you separately. (In character, Camina certainly doesn't know.)

punch 1: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 18
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
sneak?: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 6) = 9

punch 2: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 8 - 2 + 2 = 9
damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
sneak?: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

Would the agrawgh take an AoO against Ilarien, and if so is that obvious? I'll wait to clarify until you respond to Shenendril's question on Discord, since she acts before Ilarien.

Dark Archive

F Human Witch/4 HP 18/27 AC16/T 12/FF 14 Fort +4/Ref +4/ Will +5 Init +4 Perc +2|Sense Motive +0|Active conditions: none

With the creature calmed, Ilarien casts her protective spell and stays put.

The Exchange

Male Human Telekineticist 3/Sorcerer 1 | HP 38/38 (11NL) | AC 14 T 14 FF 10 | F+8 R+8 W+7 | Perception +9 | Init +5 | CMB +0 | CMD 14

Just realized that I have the following boon:
Elemental Conquest [Earth]: +1 insight bonus on saving throws against spells, spell-like abilities, and effects of creatures with the earth subtype and against spells with the acid or earth descriptors. If on Plane of Earth, instead gain a +1 insight bonus on all saving throws.
Will be adding that to my saving throws going forward.

Ref 1, halve 7 damage: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 8 + 1 = 27 3 damage
Ref 2, halve 2 damage: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 1 = 11 2 damage
5 damage total

Zandu dodges the worst of the acid rain, but stumbles a bit with the second wave. He is relieved to see Shenendril calm the large beast, and turns his attention back to the mephit. Another aetheric-wrapped piece of rubble goes sailing across the space between them, but this time the aim is not so well - it flies harmlessly wide! The bald man curses under his breath.

Attack, PBS: 1d20 + 8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 8 + 1 = 10


Taking away all the damage from the second reflex save as the healing will calm the agrawagh.

~

Camina lands a punch on the elemental with brown colors

Zandu fumbles unfortunately.

~
slam : 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 141d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15

slam : 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 9 + 1 = 111d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 7 + 1 = 14

The earth elemental try to slam into you but are obviously confused.

~

Ending 1 round casting. d100<25: 1d100 ⇒ 49

The mephit ends his spell and tries to summon another one of his kind but no elemental answers his call!

The mephit concentrates but looses the spell!

concentration DC 19: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

~

Round 2

Mephit, -16, casting 1 round spell

Ash
Ryskovich, -3

Agrawgh

Shenendril, -7
Zandu, -3
Camina, -7
Ilarien, -7


Earth elemental, brown, -10
Earth elemental, black

BOLD are up!

The Exchange

F Sylph M Sylph Occultist (Sha’ir) 3[HP 19/19, AC 18 /ff 15 /t 13, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +4, Init +3, Per +7, Spd 40']

Shenendril takes a step away from the elemental that appeared right next to her, knocks an arrow and fires at it.

longbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Arrow: 1d8 ⇒ 5


Celestial Eagle HP 5/5 | AC 14, T 13, FF 12| SR: 5| Resist Acid, Cold and Electricity: 5 | F: +3, R: +4, W: +2 | Perc +10, Darkvision 60’, low-light vision | Init +2

The eagle moves toward the same elemental but maintains its assault on the mephit.

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
slashing: 1d4 ⇒ 2

talon: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19
slashing: 1d4 ⇒ 4

bite: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
slashing: 1d4 ⇒ 3

+1 to damage for each hit if the mephit is evil.

301 to 350 of 404 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 8-05 UNGROUNDED BUT UNBROKEN - GM Nowruz All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.