GM Numbat's PFS2 1-01 The Absalom Initiation (Inactive)

Game Master numbat1

GM Numbat's PFS2 1-01 March 2020



1 person marked this as a favorite.

Welcome to my recruitment thread.

This is where you indicate you are interested in playing in this game. This game is designed as an introduction for new Play-by-Post players and/or new to PFS2 (Pathfinder Society). More experienced players would be welcome as mentors.

While I will still aim for one post per day minimum, this is not designed as a fast game but rather a place to learn and be introduced to our online community.

Please post your interest and tell me of your experience with PFS and PbP and also your goals for this game.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber
GM Numbat wrote:

Welcome to my recruitment thread.

This is where you indicate you are interested in playing in this game. This game is designed as an introduction for new Play-by-Post players and/or new to PFS2 (Pathfinder Society). More experienced players would be welcome as mentors.

While I will still aim for one post per day minimum, this is not designed as a fast game but rather a place to learn and be introduced to our online community.

Please post your interest and tell me of your experience with PFS and PbP and also your goals for this game.

Interest: Yes!

Experience with PFS and PbP: None and none
Goals: To learn how to PbP, how PFS works, and to have fun!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Interested: Yessir!

10 years of PFS & ~6 years as Venture Agent.
No experience with PbP or online.

Goal: to learn how to PbP and eventually GM PbP


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

I am interested! 3 years in PFS, have GMed both editions, but no PbP experience; this seems like a great time and place to get started!

This scenario is repeatable, yes? I've played it on my 2002 but not my 2001...

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Im not a PFS member and not familiar with PF2 but Ive been playing rpg's since they were invented and Pathfinder 1 from the inception.

want to learn PF2 and would love to start getting into the PFS


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I can play if there is still room - either first or third level characters available.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
GreatGraySkwid wrote:
This scenario is repeatable, yes?

Yes, it is.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

Hello! Numbat invited me to join - I'm one of the regular PFS2 GMs in my area. I run face-to-face and online.

My goal is to help. Yes, help. If I had more arms, I could be even more helpful.

Welcome to all who are new to PbP and/or PFS2!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hello! I'm new to pbp and has been playing 1e for almost half a year, I'm also new to 2e but I'd love to learn n.n

Vigilant Seal

This would be Dreads character- Dorian The Hammer of Clan Gravendak.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Interest: Very

Experience:
PBP: Years of P1 and started in a FoP PBP a few months ago.
PFS: I have played one scenario in P1 and have not played at all any P2 Scenarios

Goals: To get more accustomed with PFS and the P2 ruleset.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

OK. It looks like we may end up with two tables. I will probably start everyone in one discussion thread and then split the group.

It is good to see so much interest.

@logsig - thank you for being willing to co-mentor.

Silver Crusade

Yay, thankies for taking us on.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If there's still room, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring.

PFS: Been laying PF2E society for a few months now at my local game store. So I have a general idea of what I'm doing.

PbP: I'm currently in a non-society game for Starfinder, but haven't gotten a chance to mess around on the forums beyond that.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

If you have any more room (With two tables opening up (if not no worries))

Interest - Yes :)

Experience with PFS and PbP: PFS lots of Face to Face, some Roll20 and no PbP games. Though I played in a few (non pfs) pf1 PbP games years ago .

Goals: To try PbP again and eventually learn enough to be confident in running a PbP game.

Grand Lodge

I need help/guidance creating a PbP character. If character creation will be covered in a different thread, just let me know. I don't have a computer or herolab. I hope I can just use my smartphone.

I currently have 5 PFS2e PCs, all of which have some chronicles but none are level 2 yet. Could I use my -2001 (which I plan to rebuild) or do I have to create a new PC to be used only for online play?

Cheers!
Christian D.

Silver Crusade

A smartphone should be fine, just arrange the character info on the profile of the alias in an easy to read and manageable way (and when editing the profile save often, the Paizo sites likes to kick you out and steal your progress if you take more than a couple minutes).


roll4initiative wrote:

I need help/guidance creating a PbP character. If character creation will be covered in a different thread, just let me know. I don't have a computer or herolab. I hope I can just use my smartphone.

You can download pathbuilder 2e, it helps a lot, it only has core options but it's not like if we already have a ton of splats n.n

Grand Lodge

Rysky wrote:
A smartphone should be fine, just arrange the character info on the profile of the alias in an easy to read and manageable way (and when editing the profile save often, the Paizo sites likes to kick you out and steal your progress if you take more than a couple minutes).

Lol! I don't know how to "arrange character info" or even make an alias. I'm good at reporting my PFS tables, though!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.

No worries :3

Click My Account > Organized Play > log in > Register a New Pathfinder Society (second edition) Character > fill out name (and avatar and faction as needed) > Submit Changes

Then My Account > My Profile > Aliases > click on character > edit my profile


I will move us into discussion shortly and will start instructions from the beginning. I definitely plan to include setting up your PbP character sheet, etc.

Grand Lodge

Rysky wrote:

No worries :3

Click My Account > Organized Play > log in > Register a New Pathfinder Society (second edition) Character > fill out name (and avatar and faction as needed) > Submit Changes

Then My Account > My Profile > Aliases > click on character > edit my profile

Oh! So, can I take my -2001 that has already done some tabletop play and add in the stuff in the profile for online play? I'm gonna go play around a bit with it & see what I can do.

Vigilant Seal

2 people marked this as a favorite.

While I may look different, this is still your GM (Numbat).
If you click on Barb you can take a look at one option for making your character online.

Silver Crusade

roll4initiative wrote:
Rysky wrote:

No worries :3

Click My Account > Organized Play > log in > Register a New Pathfinder Society (second edition) Character > fill out name (and avatar and faction as needed) > Submit Changes

Then My Account > My Profile > Aliases > click on character > edit my profile

Oh! So, can I take my -2001 that has already done some tabletop play and add in the stuff in the profile for online play? I'm gonna go play around a bit with it & see what I can do.

Perhaps? That would be a question for the more knowledgeable here, so let's wait and see what GM Numbat has for us :3


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rysky wrote:

No worries :3

Click My Account > Organized Play > log in > Register a New Pathfinder Society (second edition) Character > fill out name (and avatar and faction as needed) > Submit Changes

Then My Account > My Profile > Aliases > click on character > edit my profile

I didn't knew that either o.o good stuff! Thanks for the info n.n

Silver Crusade

Np :3

Also nabbed these from my other game:

Action ◆ Free Action ◇ Reaction ↺


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Maps, Pathfinder Accessories, Pawns Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Starfinder Superscriber

You can totally use a character that has existing PFS2 tabletop credit in an online game. Regardless of where you play, it is all the same campaign.

However, note that a PFS scenario will run weeks on PbP so the character you use will be occupied for the duration.

In other words, don't use a character you might want to play elsewhere in the meantime.

Silver Crusade

Oooo, but then I only play PBP so not really an issue for me


Checking in


OK everyone, at the top you will see a Discussion tab. Please go there and check-in. We will go through the process of registering for Organized Play and registering your character.

Grand Lodge

I am very interested. Played pf1 learning pf2 never played pbp

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Lord Magnus wrote:

I am very interested. Played pf1 learning pf2 never played pbp.

Post in the discussion thread. GM Numbat or one of the other moderators should respond soon. Read through that thread for pbp & character creation instructions.


Interested. Started in a PbP game but my character hasn't been found yet. PF1e for ~2yrs. PF2e since playtest. GM a monthly (going on ~9mo) RotR game in 2e. Play in an IRL (pre COVID) AoA game 2e.

Mainly looking to expand my gaming to PbP because the cadence fits mine and my family's lifestyle better than a dedicated 3-6 hour session.


Pathfinder Adventure, Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Welcome, Mirko!


@Mirko Rainer - Join the discussion thread and complete the lessons. When we split for tables we will see if we can seat everyone. We may need three tables instead of two.

Silver Crusade

Hey. Ive been looking for games to play. How do I signup for this?

Grand Lodge

MailliWilliaM wrote:
Hey. Ive been looking for games to play. How do I signup for this?

Hi, William! Read through the discussion thread for directions on making a PC. One of the GMs/moderators should get back to you soon.

(William is a regular PFS player in my Denver lodge).

Silver Crusade

MailliWilliaM wrote:
Hey. Ive been looking for games to play. How do I signup for this?

After reading what I could I am going to bow out of this one, I need alot more time to read and understand what this is and how it works.

Thanks roll4initiative for your help.


MailliWilliaM wrote:
MailliWilliaM wrote:
Hey. Ive been looking for games to play. How do I signup for this?

After reading what I could I am going to bow out of this one, I need alot more time to read and understand what this is and how it works.

Thanks roll4initiative for your help.

I sent you a PM.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Lost Omens, Rulebook Subscriber

Hello,

I would be very interested in jumping in if another player is needed. I have played PF1 for years, and have loved the switch to PF2. I played partway through the first playtest PFS module in a play by post discord channel. It was fun but it fell apart as the GM and players lost interest in the playtest.

I am a reliable poster, but I know almost nothing about the long term path finder society stories or plot lines, but I hear a lot of good things about the writing and have been interested in exploring it more thoroughly.


Hi,
If there are any more spaces available I would really love to join. I have no experience with pbp or pfs, descent knowledge of Pathfinder 1e and very limited knowledge of Pathfinder 2e.


DruidOfTheMoon wrote:

Hi,

If there are any more spaces available I would really love to join. I have no experience with pbp or pfs, descent knowledge of Pathfinder 1e and very limited knowledge of Pathfinder 2e.

PM sent.

Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Recruitment / GM Numbat's PFS2 1-01 The Absalom Initiation Recruitment All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.