GM Mioki Presents: Ruins of Azlant

Game Master Mioki

Pathfinder Adventure Path: Ruins of Azlant

Set sail and join the expedition to colonize the lost continent of Azlant.

Slides

PC LOOT

Battle Grids and Maps

Character Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brannart]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Fenna]1d20 + 6[/dice]
[dice=Kowal]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Malakar]1d20 + 5[/dice]
[dice=Razor]1d20 + 1[/dice]
[dice=Sho]1d20 + 7[/dice]
[dice=Vexas]1d20 + 6[/dice]

Character Initiative Rolls:

[dice=Brannart]1d20 + 6[/dice]
[dice=Fenna]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Kowal]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Malakar]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Razor]1d20 + 2[/dice]
[dice=Sho]1d20 + 3[/dice]
[dice=Vexas]1d20 + 4[/dice]


501 to 550 of 871 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>

”Oh, a library. Ya think that might be better than the s+#$ter.” Kelcora says with a sarcastic snark in her tone as she uses her hands to brush off her patchwork clothing, as if this action would eliminate any permeating odors. After her faux disdain, she busts out laughing as she shakes her head. ”Well, ya got one thing going for ya. If your gonna hide some treasure, it sure is safe in the ‘s+@# pit’.

Vexas hails down a crewman as he is making his way toward the aft with a crossbow in hand. The crewman, clearly in a hurry, quickly rattles off a few rooms that the rogue was already aware of. His ears, though, perk up when he hears the word ‘Library’ on the top deck. Moments later, Vexas notices the ship slowing and the sails being lowered.


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

More sheepish laughter, and likely and increasingly red face as he weathers Kalcora's jabs. Hehe, indeed. You have to admit it was a practical, if unorthodox guess.

The halfling gives a slight bow to the crewman and offers, Apologies for delaying you, be on your way and concern yourself not with us!

As his ears perk up and (separately) the ship shows signs of slowing, he motions for his friend to follow. Hmm, they're lowering the sales, so some might get bored and seek out places that had to previously compete with the views on the decks. Let's hurry to the library and look for any secret compartments or passages. Perhaps behind a set of unpopular books, or even an entire case of the stacks. Certainly not their steamier or otherwise engaging offerings, I would think. A key-hole, somewhere...

Perception, search the library: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Welp, I hope I'm not turning this into the all-Vexas show. Perhaps some other characters want to hang out in the library and force themselves onto his little side-quest :)


Female CG Half-Elf Bard (Studious Librarian) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (T: 12, F: 14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs Enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Performance: 6/7

Hearing Frel's story takes Fenna through a gamut of emotions. She is saddened and horrified at what Frel was put through. She is ashamed of what happened due to her after she left, perhaps sooner than she ought to have, because she was scared. She is also kind of thrilled to learn she had been listened to by anyone, and her message had gotten through at all.

There are a couple of things about Frel's account that Fenna might have normally looked at askance. For example, she is a far more practiced orator than singer, and she doesn't recall ever singing while there. But maybe Frel misspoke, or mis-remembered. Perhaps she's the one who doesn't remember correctly. The incident at his cabin is a heroic enough stand to jostle up against the improbable. The coincidences that would have to pile up for her and her lone convert from the town to show up on the same ship now... But how awful would she be to doubt him after all he tried to do for her?

With very watery eyes, Fenna reaches up to caress the scarring where Frel's eye once was.

"I'm so sorry Frel. I should never have gone back to Darkmoon Vale. I thought I was doing something good, but I only made a mess of everything. A lot of people got hurt..."

Tears begin to track down Fenna's cheeks.

"It was my idea alone. I was so stupid."

No Sense Motive check on purpose.


Frel shakes his head as he catches her hand caressing his scar and messages her palm with his thumb, ”Nah, not stupid”, he looks into her eyes. ”Brave, so brave. With your actions, then my actions, we took several Consortium thugs out. Who knows? That could have awaken the populace. I bet if you went back there now with your friends you could do some real damage. And don’t you worry about me. I was already plannin’ on leavin’.” The ship then seems to shift and Frel looks up. ”Feels like we’re slowin’ down. Look,” he points upwards. ”The sails are coming down. Wonder what this is all about?”


A crewman comes looking for Brannart and Sho, "The Captain would like you both on the aft deck. Bring your bows."

Looking to have Malakar, Merrek, and Nymbleth to check in with the supplies and gear they need for the dive.


Female CG Half-Elf Bard (Studious Librarian) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (T: 12, F: 14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs Enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Performance: 6/7

Fenna leaves Frel's reply unanswered. Instead she stands up.

"It's odd, no reason I can think up for us to drop sail here. I'm going to see what's happening."

Fenna starts for the Quarterdeck.

Dark Archive

Female Half elf Ranger 1 Ini+3 HP 7/12 AC 17 T13 FF14 Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+1 Per+7 Spd 30

I'll be there soon.

Sho get fetch her bow, testing and oiling the string, careful to check the wood for any scratch

It is , truly, a thing of beauty.

She picks her quiver and comes back to the aft deck, whistling a seaman's song


M Human Ftr1 | AC 20, T12, FF18, CMD 17 (18 vs Grapple, Disarm) | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +3 W +0 (+1 vs mind-affecting) | Move 30' | Init +6 | Per +3 (low-light) | Hero Points: 2

Brannart looks up from his game of cards with a colonist.
"Right away."
He takes his arms and heads to the deck. He has his underwater crossbow, javelins, and sword, and his armor on. The ranseur is still in the hold.

"What seems to be the problem?"


The Crewman quickly answers back to Brannart, "Precautionary, mostly, I hope. Something about the rudder and sending divers to fix it. Captain is looking for extra deck support. He already dropped the sails." The crewman sputters as he moves away.


Male CG Undine(frostsoul) Druid(SharkShaman) 1|HP 10/13|AC w/o Shield 17(T:13, FF:14)|AC w/Shield 19(T:13,FF:16)|CMB +3, CMD 16|F:+3, R:+3, W:+3|Init +3|Perc: +5|Speed 20ft., Swim 20ft.|Spells 1st: 2/2|Hero Point 0|
Razor animal companion:
Male N Small Animal Shark|HP 20/20|AC17(T:13,FF:15|CMB +1, CMD 13|F:+5,R+5,W+1|Init +2|Perc +1 low-light vision|Speed 5ft., Swim 60ft.|Survival +2, Swim +13|Pwr Atk Bite +2 (1d4+4 p)

Malakar can swim in his armor with no penalty because of his traits so he doesn't need any supplies other than what tools may be needed to fix the rudder such as a crowbar or hammer? Both of which I assume the crew has to lend.

Malakar is waiting at the aft anxious to get to work. Having an epiphany he grabs a handful of chum and tosses it while whistling to call Razor to the aft.

"My friends worry not about my shark companion. Since Ms. Swain thinks there may have been some foul play he will be our bodyguard"

Hearing himself Malakar decides to add his spear to his kit during this job.


A burly crewman, crossbow in hand, wearing leather armor with body hair sticking out around it, looks down into the waters and sees Razor swimming about. His eyes widen in astonishment, "By Gozreh's Dripping Leaf, how do you friend a shark?"


Male CG Undine(frostsoul) Druid(SharkShaman) 1|HP 10/13|AC w/o Shield 17(T:13, FF:14)|AC w/Shield 19(T:13,FF:16)|CMB +3, CMD 16|F:+3, R:+3, W:+3|Init +3|Perc: +5|Speed 20ft., Swim 20ft.|Spells 1st: 2/2|Hero Point 0|
Razor animal companion:
Male N Small Animal Shark|HP 20/20|AC17(T:13,FF:15|CMB +1, CMD 13|F:+5,R+5,W+1|Init +2|Perc +1 low-light vision|Speed 5ft., Swim 60ft.|Survival +2, Swim +13|Pwr Atk Bite +2 (1d4+4 p)

"Not sure how anyone else would do it but I saved him and his kind from a fin poacher and Gozreh spoke to his soul and told him to guard me as I did his kind. Although with enough time I can 'reason' with mosts beasts of the depths if they have the brain for it that is."

Malakar makes a whistle of a different pitch and than chucks another piece of chum ahead of Razor, only a second later for him to crest the surface and catch it before it hits the water.


Male N Tiefling Alchemist (Grenadier) 1|HP 10/10|AC 17(T:13, FF:14)|CMB +2, CMD 15|F:+4, R:+5, W:+0|Init +3|Perc: +4, Darkvision|Speed 30ft |Spells 1st: 2/2|Hero Point 1/2|Bombs 4/4|
Effects:
resist fire 5
Skills:
Bluff -1 (+8 to lie) Diplomacy-1 (+4 to persuade) K. Arcana +7 K. History +8 K. Local +5 K. Nature +7 Perception +4 Background Skills K. Engineering +4 Craft (alchemy) +8

Nymbleth arrives at the tail end of Malakar’s explaination, ”Your shark will protect us from other predators? Nevertheless, I am prepared to help however I can.”


After following the directions given by the crewman, Vexas and Kalcora make their way to the top deck and find the room simply labeled Library. Testing the door, they find it unlocked and enter.

The library is a small cozy room about eight square feet in dimension. The walls and bookshelves are a deep mahogany and the carpeting is a plush tope. There is a window looking out the port side with two plush chairs facing that direction. Between the chairs is a simple table.
In the left corner, near the entrance is a plush reading chair. Next to the chair is a cabinet that doubles as a side table. The cabinet appears to have an interesting, octagonal-shaped, small hole near the top middle. On the cabinet is a small statue depicting the sun. This statue has an interesting shaped hole on the top of it. The wall to your right is a built-in bookshelf holding several large volumes.

Directly in front of the Halflings is a rectangular table with six wooden carved chairs surrounding it, three on each side. Toward the far end of the table, the port side, is elven wording. To the right of the elven wording is an engraved picture of the sun. The middle of the table has a dark canvas sprinkled with white dots. The canvas is covered in glass for protection. The front end of the table, nearest Vexas and Kalcora, consists of eight pictures spread along the table. They are engraved in three-inch by three-inch squares. There are two inches between each picture. The pictures are in linear, left to right order, and look like this:

Pictures on Table

On Book Shelf:

The Nation of Rahadoum
Age of Enthronement: The Starstone Cronicles
The Dwarven Quest for Sky
Age of Darkness: The Fall of the Azlanti Empire
The Shining Crusade
Ten Magic Warriors
The Black Dragon Regiment: Unit 186
The Elven Language
Fishing the Inner Sea
The Dragon Plague
Age of Destiny: From Osirion to The Tarrasque
The Church of Aroden
Age of Lost Omens: A Current History
The Night Sky
The Red Revolution
The First Siege of Absalom
Age of Anguish: Impacts after Earthfall
The Goblinblood Wars

Elven Wording on Table:

When viewed the night sky of Lamashan
The key to the Dawn will come into hand

Knowledge: (any) DC 10:
You believe that the dark canvas sprinkled with white dots in the middle of the table represents the night sky. The pictures below are the phases of the moon.

Knowledge: (any) DC 18:
You can recognize certain constellations on the dark canvas.

Knowledge: (any) DC 22:
The constellations do not appear to be in the correct positions in the sky.

Knowledge: (any) DC 25:
These are all constellations found in the Autumn sky


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Vexas looks around to make sure that there are no others in the library. When safe, he proceeds forward to inspect the rectangular table, thinking out loud with his new friend.

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

The dotted area on the table depicts the stars of the night sky, more than that I cannot say about it. The Elven writing states that "the key to the Dawn will come into hand" in the month of Lamashan, which is squarely in the autumn. But, we already have a key? Does this mean that it won't work right now?

He frowns, turning back to the cabinet near the entrance. He slowly pulls out the recently acquired key and gingerly tries to fit it into the hole...


Merrek just smiles as Malakar explains how he met his shark companion. The story wasn't that strange to him, having grown up in Outsea.

"I should be fine as is. Well, maybe we'd need some tools to remove whatever is blocking the rudder or make repairs. That said, I'm not sure I have the skills to repair a ship's rudder."

Like Malakar, Merrek can just dive in with his own gear. I won't be much good at hitting things until Guided Hand at 3rd level but I can support.


Kalcora's Knowledge Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Kalcora takes a look at the table, "Hmmmm, Well, back in the day, I spent a lot of time looking at the stars. Something seems off."

Kalcora opened up the next two spoilers for Vexas


Vexas moves to the cabinet and takes out the octagonal rod he found in the baluster. It fits perfectly. With a turn, the cabinet opens. Inside he sees a removable locked chest with the painted depiction of a large black dragon on top. On the front of the chest is a three-number lock.

Conceptually, this contains 'escape room' type puzzles. I left you clues to solve the puzzles. No outside knowledge is needed. If you would like a hint, let me know.


Raearg steps forward and offers up tools that might be needed. There are different types of cutting tools and blades like daggers and machetes. There are also pry bars and different types of hammers and picks.

”Gentleman,” the Bosun shouts looking at Malakar, Nymbleth, and Merrek, ”Thank you for your service in this endeavor. We will be up here to assist you in any way we can.” The mighty half-orc spreads out his muscular arms to encompass the crew standing ready with crossbows in hands. Near them they have set up a rope a pulley system, and they have rope ladders tied to the aft railing. ”When you are ready, you can use the ladders or dive.”


Fenna makes her way to the quarterdeck and looks below at the congregation of crew and her companions. Along with Nymbleth, Malakar, and Merrek getting ready to enter the water, she notices both Sho and Brannart, weapons in hand, amongst the crew.


Female CG Half-Elf Bard (Studious Librarian) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (T: 12, F: 14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs Enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Performance: 6/7

Fenna goes down to to join the busy cluster.

"Hey, what's going on? Why have we stopped?"


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Vexas sits down in the chair next to the cabinet, turning the locked chest over in his hand. He stops on the number dial. I'm going to assume each wheel is 0-9.

Ah, he intuits to Kalcora. We don't have to wait until a specific time of year, we only need to set it here with a code.

He gets up and walks over to the table again...

More clarity: does the table have any movable parts, as in a way to correct the constellations? Is it obvious they're aligned with the moon phases along the bottom?


Vexas, you are on the right track regarding the constellations. A future clue will give you access. To open the chest, the clue lies within the booklist.


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Looking back over the booklist, the halfling simply tries one of the numbers from the books: 1-8-6.


Vexas enters the code 1-8-6 into the chest and it opens. Inside are eight tiles that are identical to the lunar pictures on the table. Along with the tiles, is a rolled parchment.

Parchment:

Match the phases of what Azlanti called Somal
To gain access to the stars above all


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Ah, that was as simple as I expected. The next note.

He takes a moment to peak out of the door to see if anybody, particularly the original treasure-hunting kids are anywhere nearby. Presuming not, he continues.

Match the phases of our Moon, or as the Azlanti called it, Somal. But match them to what? Maybe this is where the tenth month, as written in the Elvish script comes into play...

He looks up to see if Kalcora has the answer and is irritated with his slowness.

He inspects the table to see if the moon phases are moveable in an way. He counts out ten phases, knowing it will wrap around the cycle at least once, to see which it falls on. The tenth moon should be what they call the Hunter's Moon...


Vexas peaks outside the library to confirm the absence of his perceived competition. Noting nothing in the immediate vicinity, he turns back to the library. Before he closes the door completely, he does take notice of a congregation in the aft.

He goes back inside and fiddles with the eight pictures of the lunar phases. They do not move and seem to be carved into the wood. He looks to Kalcora for thoughts.

Kalcora puts the curve of her index finger to her chin and gives the table a thoughtful lookover. ”Hmmmmm’” she thinks as she drops her finger from her chin and outlines one of the lunar pictures. ”Eight pictures; eight identical tiles … do we put them together?”


Raearg awaits his dive team of Malakar, Merrek, and Nymbleth. He looks at the Tiefling, "I hear you have some kind of fancy potion that turns you into a fish like these guys," he nudges his chin toward the Undine and Locathah.


Male CG Undine(frostsoul) Druid(SharkShaman) 1|HP 10/13|AC w/o Shield 17(T:13, FF:14)|AC w/Shield 19(T:13,FF:16)|CMB +3, CMD 16|F:+3, R:+3, W:+3|Init +3|Perc: +5|Speed 20ft., Swim 20ft.|Spells 1st: 2/2|Hero Point 0|
Razor animal companion:
Male N Small Animal Shark|HP 20/20|AC17(T:13,FF:15|CMB +1, CMD 13|F:+5,R+5,W+1|Init +2|Perc +1 low-light vision|Speed 5ft., Swim 60ft.|Survival +2, Swim +13|Pwr Atk Bite +2 (1d4+4 p)

Malakar is ready to dive at any point just waiting for the command. In fact he offers to go first to check the area out for anything suspicious.

Swim: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (16) + 16 = 32
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Hoping for a post from each of my divers rping their thoughts as they enter the water. Do they dive, use the latter. What does the water feel like. Are they excited, apprehensive? PC's on deck can RP also. Fenna is wondering what is going on.


Male N Tiefling Alchemist (Grenadier) 1|HP 10/10|AC 17(T:13, FF:14)|CMB +2, CMD 15|F:+4, R:+5, W:+0|Init +3|Perc: +4, Darkvision|Speed 30ft |Spells 1st: 2/2|Hero Point 1/2|Bombs 4/4|
Effects:
resist fire 5
Skills:
Bluff -1 (+8 to lie) Diplomacy-1 (+4 to persuade) K. Arcana +7 K. History +8 K. Local +5 K. Nature +7 Perception +4 Background Skills K. Engineering +4 Craft (alchemy) +8

Nymbleth reaches down and takes a glass vial from his belt. He twist the stopper, removes it bringing the vial to his lips and consuming its contents one gulp. He takes a deep breath, to steady his nerves, before climbing down the ladder into the sea after Malakar.

Extract:

Touch of the Sea
Effect
Range touch
Target creature touched
Duration 1 minute/level
Saving Throw Fortitude negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes (harmless)
Description
You cause webs to grow between the target’s fingers and its feet to transform into flippers, granting a swim speed of 30 feet along with the standard +8 bonus on Swim checks and the ability to take 10 even if distracted or endangered. You can also use the run action while swimming, provided you swim in a straight line. This transformation causes any boots or gloves the target is wearing to meld into its form (although magic items with a continuous effect continue to function). This spell does not grant the target any ability to breathe water.


As Nymbleth reaches the ladder, Alba comes running up to him with a vial in her hand. "Nymbleth, drink this. It will give you breath underwater. And do be safe." She hands him the vial and steps back.


M Human Ftr1 | AC 20, T12, FF18, CMD 17 (18 vs Grapple, Disarm) | HP 12/12 | F +4 R +3 W +0 (+1 vs mind-affecting) | Move 30' | Init +6 | Per +3 (low-light) | Hero Points: 2

Brannart keeps a lookout for any trouble. He is used to guard duty, and keeps focused on his task rather than engaging in small talk.


Male N Tiefling Alchemist (Grenadier) 1|HP 10/10|AC 17(T:13, FF:14)|CMB +2, CMD 15|F:+4, R:+5, W:+0|Init +3|Perc: +4, Darkvision|Speed 30ft |Spells 1st: 2/2|Hero Point 1/2|Bombs 4/4|
Effects:
resist fire 5
Skills:
Bluff -1 (+8 to lie) Diplomacy-1 (+4 to persuade) K. Arcana +7 K. History +8 K. Local +5 K. Nature +7 Perception +4 Background Skills K. Engineering +4 Craft (alchemy) +8

Nymbleth nods his thanks to Alba and consumes the offered potion. ”That will makes things a little easier,” he mutters as he continues down the ladder.


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none
GM Mioki wrote:

Vexas peaks outside the library to confirm the absence of his perceived competition. Noting nothing in the immediate vicinity, he turns back to the library. Before he closes the door completely, he does take notice of a congregation in the aft.

He goes back inside and fiddles with the eight pictures of the lunar phases. They do not move and seem to be carved into the wood. He looks to Kalcora for thoughts.

Kalcora puts the curve of her index finger to her chin and gives the table a thoughtful lookover. ”Hmmmmm’” she thinks as she drops her finger from her chin and outlines one of the lunar pictures. ”Eight pictures; eight identical tiles … do we put them together?”

Derp, I got focused on the parchment and missed the tiles detail.

Vexas nods to Kalcora, bobbing his head from side to side a bit as if to say "of course!." He dumps the tiles on the table and, one by one, matches them to the moon phases already on the surface.

Yes, we put them together... He waits to see what happens.


Vexas takes the tiles found and matches them to the pictures on the table by placing like tiles on top of the pictures. The Rogue hears a click and notices the glass protector loosens from the table, giving access to the starred tapestry underneath.

Lifting up the glass, Vexas notices that what he thought was canvas is actually many wooden square pieces perfectly connected together. It appears that these pieces can be removed and interchanged with any other piece.

Dark Archive

Female Half elf Ranger 1 Ini+3 HP 7/12 AC 17 T13 FF14 Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+1 Per+7 Spd 30

Sho selects a few of her best arrows, and readies her bow, waiting for the opportunity to shoot if trouble arises

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

Ah, the pleasure of the hunt again. Focus, now.

She keeps silent, but has a radiant smile on her lips


I am going to move forward assuming all three of my divers are still around.

Nymbleth, Malakar, Merrek:
Nymbleth, Malakar, and Merrek make their way into the depths. They swim underneath Peregrine to inspect the rudder and connecting steering systems. When they get to their location, they notice that the collective infrastructure is bound in seaweed.

Knowledge: Nature DC 15:
You are able to conclude that, with how the seaweed in bound, there is almost no way this could have happened naturally.

Perception DC 28 or DC 23 w/ successful K: Nature Check:
You sense something swimming up behind you and you notice other things in the water moving toward the sides of the ship.

I guess I can't put spoilers inside a spoiler. I guess we'll have to pretend. :)


Brannart’s Perception Roll: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19

Fenna’s Perception Roll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Fenna gets a +2 conditional modifier for higher ground

Sho rolled a 23

Sho and Fenna:
Sho and Fenna notice the water roiling along the Starboard side of the ship


Male CG Undine(frostsoul) Druid(SharkShaman) 1|HP 10/13|AC w/o Shield 17(T:13, FF:14)|AC w/Shield 19(T:13,FF:16)|CMB +3, CMD 16|F:+3, R:+3, W:+3|Init +3|Perc: +5|Speed 20ft., Swim 20ft.|Spells 1st: 2/2|Hero Point 0|
Razor animal companion:
Male N Small Animal Shark|HP 20/20|AC17(T:13,FF:15|CMB +1, CMD 13|F:+5,R+5,W+1|Init +2|Perc +1 low-light vision|Speed 5ft., Swim 60ft.|Survival +2, Swim +13|Pwr Atk Bite +2 (1d4+4 p)

K. Nature: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Not sure what to make of the seaweed Malakar takes out a Knife to begin cutting away at it.

Razor Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

I am guess these will be needed even though we don't see anything.
Init Malakar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Init Razor: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none
GM Mioki wrote:

Vexas takes the tiles found and matches them to the pictures on the table by placing like tiles on top of the pictures. The Rogue hears a click and notices the glass protector loosens from the table, giving access to the starred tapestry underneath.

Lifting up the glass, Vexas notices that what he thought was canvas is actually many wooden square pieces perfectly connected together. It appears that these pieces can be removed and interchanged with any other piece.

Ah!

The halfling exclaims as the glass clicks open. He carefully lifts it and sets it to the side.

So, it appears we are now able to correct this night sky. Based on the elvish script I believe we need to configure it to show the constellations that would be present in the month of Lamashan.

He looks up at his friend. Here, do you want to help me with that? A large puzzle like this cold take some time... 1000 pcs!

But would Vexas just know that as common knowledge? Or would Kalcora know it as one of nature?

GM Mioki wrote:
I guess I can't put spoilers inside a spoiler. I guess we'll have to pretend. :)

You can, you just can't label the inner ones :/

Outer:
moar
Spoiler:
s3cr3t


Thanks, did not know this trick. Genius!!!

No where near 1000 pieces, more like 25

Kalcora puts on her thoughtful face once again, "Maybe the answer lies in one of these books." She starts scanning the titles.

On Book Shelf:

The Nation of Rahadoum
Age of Enthronement: The Starstone Cronicles
The Dwarven Quest for Sky
Age of Darkness: The Fall of the Azlanti Empire
The Shining Crusade
Ten Magic Warriors
The Black Dragon Regiment: Unit 186
The Elven Language
Fishing the Inner Sea
The Dragon Plague
Age of Destiny: From Osirion to The Tarrasque
The Church of Aroden
Age of Lost Omens: A Current History
The Night Sky
The Red Revolution
The First Siege of Absalom
Age of Anguish: Impacts after Earthfall
The Goblinblood Wars


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Vexas walks over to the bookshelf, running his finger along the spines. He stops at "The Night Sky", pulling it out. He carries it back over to the table and opens it on top of the elven runes so that he can still see the tiles, and checks the contents for any organization related to months, or even seasons.

Nobody knows the entire night sky from memory. Surely we can just copy it from here.


Female CG Half-Elf Bard (Studious Librarian) 1 | HP: 11/11 | AC: 16 (T: 12, F: 14) | CMB: +1, CMD: 13 | F: +2, R: +4, W: +4 (+6 vs Enchantments) | Init: +2 | Perc: +6, SM: +4 | Speed 30' | Performance: 6/7

Everyone seems too busy to fill Fenna in what going on so she leans over the side to take a look.

"Hey, there's something in the water down there. Seriously, what happening?"


Vexas scans the selected tomb and finds the chapter on Autumn Constellations. Using a well mapped picture, he moves the pieces on the table so the wooden blocks correspond to the book. When the Halfling matches the last piece, he hears a click and notices the engraved picture of the sun to the right of the Elven script lifts up revealing a hidden compartment. Inside the hidden compartment is a gold-colored key. The key handle is grooved in the shape of the sun.

"Well done Vexie," Kalcora cheers, trying out a pet name. "What's next my friend?"

Dark Archive

Female Half elf Ranger 1 Ini+3 HP 7/12 AC 17 T13 FF14 Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+1 Per+7 Spd 30

I don't know yet, and I'm not sure a warning shot would be a good idea..

Know Nature to identify?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

He bolts upright as if just hit by an arrow. Vexie?!?

His eye twitches before he quickly recovers the golden key.

Let's uh... not get too attached to that name Kalcora. He smiles at her but tries to think of where the key might fit.

There wasn't another note, did we pass any extra keyholes or locked boxes along the way?

He taps her shoulder with the key absent-mindedly as he frowns, trying to think of what he's forgotten.

The key to dawn...

I've gone back and read the posts and, while it might be under my nose somehow, I thought we'd run out of things to unlock, apologies.


GM Mioki wrote:


In the left corner, near the entrance is a plush reading chair. Next to the chair is a cabinet that doubles as a side table. The cabinet appears to have an interesting, octagonal-shaped, small hole near the top middle. On the cabinet is a small statue depicting the sun. This statue has an interesting shaped hole on the top of it. The wall to your right is a built-in bookshelf holding several large volumes.

reread this excerpt


Male Halfling CN rogue 1 | HP 8/8 | AC 17, t15, ff13 | CMB -2, CMD 12 | F+1 R+7 W+1 | Init +4 | Perc +6, SM +4 | Speed 20ft | Active conditions: none

Gah, two holes. Somehow my brain merged those (the octagonal shape being "interesting").

Vexas thankfully remembers the statue, and tries out this key in it.


Kalcora lets out a guffaw at Vexas’s reaction to a nickname, then stops and eyes him up and down, ”You find this treasure, and I will call you whatever you want to be called.” Then she pushes up her eyebrows several times while offering a flirty smile.

Vexas then remembers the statue of the sun and inserts the key. With a turn of the key, a compartment opens and inside is a rolled piece of parchment.

Parchment:

Linear Order of Ages
Remove the Pages of Sages

Stack Them to Read
The Code you will Need

The Bindings will Reveal
The Treasure to Steal

501 to 550 of 871 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Mioki Presents: Ruins of Azlant All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.