Legacy of the First

Game Master Archae

A Kobold only survival Kingmaker style game, where the pc's must venture into unknown home brew lands.


1 to 50 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

gameplay here, first post pending


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

Dotting in, statline coming soon :) I'm excited to get to play with all of you.


Female LN Kobold U-Monk (Scaled Fist) 1 U-Rogue (Dark Lurker) 1 | HP: 19/23| AC: 19 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4| Perc: +4 (darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Ki points: N/A | Active conditions:

Sharra'es impatiently paces waiting for the others.

Indeed! We're going to make the best Yue damnded kobold settlement ever seen!


Male Kobold, black-scale Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Beastmorph) 1|| HP: 5/10, AC: 17 (21 w/Mutagen) (FF: 13 [15 w/Mutagen] T: 15 (19 w/Mutagen) || Init: +4, Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +1 || Per: +5

Dottin'!


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

Saasraa cocks her pistol and holds it out before her, sighting down it. Satisfied she could take the shot, she uncocks and reholsters it.


Kobold Neutral Cavalier[Vermin Tamer/Emissary] 2nd|Init:+3 Speed:20ft| HP:17/17|Fort:+5 [+2+2] Reflex: +3[+0+3] Will: +1[+0+1]| BAB:+3 Melee:+4 Ranged:+6 CMB:+0 CMD:13|AC:20

Wyxar sits atop his spider, its lacquered armor of wood shining in the light as the Kobold knights' own impressive scale gleams as well. His wooden pole and flag resting in his grip as he looks on at the others gathered.


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

As he slouches against a wall with a bored expression on his face, Vraxiss begins to idly play with a small spark of electricity, running it between his fingers and occasionally tossing it back and forth between his hands. He looks at those who have gathered dismissively.


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

As the summoned group of Kobold misfits and prodigies wait around the hearing chamber esq room,the group of elder Kobolds known formally as the Council file in. Each Kobold either a hero among Kobold kind, or a leader of one of the many clans. They seat themselves and one among them, a Purple scaled Kobold with rather large arms, carrying a sizable axe and very deep draconic features, if anything he could be mistaken simply for a short lizardfolk, addresses the group in a deep serious tone,

Welcome to you all, I am Tak Starscale. You may or may not know me for my deeds combating Nar'voth. I have been chosen to speak for the council about this mission we have for the lot of you. I won't Lie to you when i say it will be dangerous but we have the utmost confidence that you all can accomplish this task. We would like you to venture beyond the Nine Kingdoms and forge a city for our people. No matter what you may have done in your past, this is for the legacy of our people and as such, should you succeed, you will be awarded a rank of prestige and relieved of past crimes. For know you all will be reporting directly to me

History check to know about Tak or any of the council if anyone's interested, otherwise if you want to know something, ask and i'll tell or give a roll.

Among the various Council members consist of a

deep blue Kobold smoking a cigar, dressed in a fine suit.

A robed sparkling silver kobold with an odd winged humanoid women at his side.

An odd Kobold with what must be every color conceivable for scales dressed in black leather armor and cloth


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

Saasraa stands straight while listening intently. The red kobold wears leather armor embedded with the teeth and claws of previous kills. She holds herself with iron discipline but agility and a killer's instinct clearly lurking just below the surface. A strange, smooth bone handle protrudes from a leather shoulder holster and a lizardskin backpack is strapped tightly to her back. She nods firmly at the end of receiving their commission, agreeing to this quest. "Certainly, Chief Starscale. And where shall we venture?" She looks around evaluating her new companions.


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

Vraxiss continues slouching against the wall, but stops his idle play and pays attention as Tak and then the red kobold speak. For a moment he looks as though he has something to say, but then he reconsiders, settling back down and studying each of the gathered group in turn.

Best to wait and see what the others say first.


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

That's the trick, you're venturing into unknown lands. You'll get to pick where you go and try to settle Miss Blackclaws He takes out a journal , This will allow you to right report directly too us, one of you will be the record keeper


Kobold Neutral Cavalier[Vermin Tamer/Emissary] 2nd|Init:+3 Speed:20ft| HP:17/17|Fort:+5 [+2+2] Reflex: +3[+0+3] Will: +1[+0+1]| BAB:+3 Melee:+4 Ranged:+6 CMB:+0 CMD:13|AC:20

" So you want us to establish and outpost and colony?" Wxyar says while he strokes his chin. as he does with one hand the others hand plays with the bristles on his spider mounts leg.

"I do not fear the objective, I though wonder of support once we do succeed in securing a base of operations? Will the writings be a back and forth endeavor or is it just one way?" Wxyar asks still contemplating the minutia of it all.


Male Kobold, black-scale Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Beastmorph) 1|| HP: 5/10, AC: 17 (21 w/Mutagen) (FF: 13 [15 w/Mutagen] T: 15 (19 w/Mutagen) || Init: +4, Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +1 || Per: +5

The next assembled reptilian to speak was sitting in thought, paying the slimmest attention to the proceedings prior to the mention of "rank and prestige". Suddenly his attention was roused. His scales are a curiously deep navy blue, a strange middle ground between blue and black. Though perhaps not overly strange given some of the council members. Red feathers adorning his head give a contrast to his other natural features. His nearly sterile white garments are appropriate for the meeting, but look as if they’ve never been worn beforehand. Leaning forward he addresses Tak:

”Ya got my undivided attention. It’s a pleasuh ta be makin’ yer acquaintances.” Sounds like he’s from one of the bigger cities.

Any councilfolk Harkness recognizes? No history ranks.


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

Saassraa nods thoughtfully. "Indeed. Then we will find the best land for our people." When the role of record keeper is described, she nods "I am no scribe. Perhaps someone else would be better suited."

What is the role of record keeper? Is this an ooc pary note-taker, which is always helpful, or strictly an IC role? Saassraa could do it but flavor-wise it doesn't make a lot of sense for her.


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

I don't have the bandwidth right now to do a too much extra note taking type stuff, but in character Vraxiss would be happy to take on that role. Assuming that it's just an in character charge then I'll speak up and say so unless someone else really wants the job.


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

Precisely Wyxarlixxac, As well as scouting foreign lands. Once deemed safe we'll send Civilians and resources.

So the record keeper is an in character rp thing, basically. Your character would be reporting everything done, locations, flora, fauna, anything to the council, Tak in particular. of course anyone's welcome to take notes ooc but it's not required and more something pc's can discuss amongst each other. I am willing to post links for things people do in the info tab

Harkness:

you would recognize the blue, suit wearing Kobold as the Head of The Lapis Mafia Don Rekieta.


Female LN Kobold U-Monk (Scaled Fist) 1 U-Rogue (Dark Lurker) 1 | HP: 19/23| AC: 19 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4| Perc: +4 (darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Ki points: N/A | Active conditions:

Sharra'es takes account of the elders as they file in and listen intently as the rest of the group go back and forth. She finally moves out of a recessed area to be better seen, her dark scales shimmering in the light. She wears loos fitting clothes cinched at the waist with a simple belt with pouches tied all along it. "I'll make sure we have the perfect spot to raise a new generation. Now what's going on with this book here?" She holds her hand out expectantly. After a moment she remembers who she's talking to and retracts her hand and gives an awkward curtsey, "Er, um, at your leisure elders."


Male Kobold, black-scale Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Beastmorph) 1|| HP: 5/10, AC: 17 (21 w/Mutagen) (FF: 13 [15 w/Mutagen] T: 15 (19 w/Mutagen) || Init: +4, Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +1 || Per: +5

I can do it.

"We're travellin' to uncharted territory? I had a minah in biology back when I was goin' tru higher learnin'. Mighta wanted ta take a couple notes anyways"

He leans on the (proportionally) large travel bag when it clicks as to who the cigar chewing councilman is.


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

Tak tosses over the blank leatherbound Journal to Sharra'es after she withdraws her hand simple, you write in it with ink and it appears in this twin book Shows another journal.

He looks at Harkness, leaning forward in his chair Complete unknowns, your skill will be invaluable i'm certain Doctor.


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

Vraxiss narrows his eyes. These simpletons, so quick to please.

After clearing his throat loudly he says, "So we've been chosen to found a new city outside the nine kingdoms. Everyone of here seems quite eager, but no one has stopped to asked the most important question, why? Why is the council seeking a foothold outside the protection and jurisdiction of the established powers?"

Does Vraxiss know anything about the council or what their motivations might be?

Sense Motive (If applicable): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

Saasraa nods firmly and listens carefully to the questions and input from the others then turns to survey her companions. "Well then, we should know something about each other. I am patroller Blackclaws. I have spent ten years patrolling the Underlands, protecting our nests there from goblins and the ilk. I intend to see this thing through for the glory and prosperity of all scale-kin. If you contribute to that, good. We will get along fine. If you do not contribute, I have nothing to say to you. Now, who are you all?" She speaks in sharp, clipped tones, not intending hostility but only efficiency and clarity.


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

Vraxiss fixes Saasraa with his large golden eyes, "Miss Blackclaws, are you presuming to be the leader of this ragtag band?"


Male Kobold, black-scale Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Beastmorph) 1|| HP: 5/10, AC: 17 (21 w/Mutagen) (FF: 13 [15 w/Mutagen] T: 15 (19 w/Mutagen) || Init: +4, Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +1 || Per: +5

"Sure, sounds good to me. I know I ain't interested. Anyway you fine folks can call me Maximilius Harkness." Not at all a typical kobolds name, nevertheless he turns to Saassraa and Sharra before adding:

"Doctor Maximilus Harkness." With no small hint of pride as he says so.


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

Saassraa shakes her head sharply. "No sir! I am not appointing myself in command of anything given the lack of a clear chain of command (though I would recommend such a chain of command, by the bye). I am merely introducing myself!" She snaps to attention and salutes the entire room to punctuate her message.


Female LN Kobold U-Monk (Scaled Fist) 1 U-Rogue (Dark Lurker) 1 | HP: 19/23| AC: 19 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4| Perc: +4 (darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Ki points: N/A | Active conditions:

"I'm more used to leading defensive actions rather than offensive but it should be mostly the same. Sharra 'es, nest guardian at your service." Sharra grins a toothy smile at the others.


Kobold Neutral Cavalier[Vermin Tamer/Emissary] 2nd|Init:+3 Speed:20ft| HP:17/17|Fort:+5 [+2+2] Reflex: +3[+0+3] Will: +1[+0+1]| BAB:+3 Melee:+4 Ranged:+6 CMB:+0 CMD:13|AC:20

"I am Wyxarlixxac the White, From the Web Weaver Tribe. I am a mounted Spider Rider of the Fanged Legion, though I have spent years training to be a Spider Rider. My superiors sent me here on my first true assignment" He says before he then coughs.

"Oh and I almost forgot, this" he pointed to the spider in lacquered wooden armor."Is Wood Rot my spider mount, he is more intelligent then the regular spider and not only is my mount but my friend." he says patting the Spider fondly.


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

"Very well, I am Vraxiss Sharpfang. I hail from the Underlands. As you can see I am a Wyrmkin of noble blood, and as such I have received training in arts both arcane and martial as befits one of my station. I have particular interest in the illusions and in the manipulation of electricity, though my talents and interests are many." Vraxiss says all of this with nonchalantly as if it matters little to him what the others think of his skills. He then turns to face Tak directly.

"Now, Master Tak, you still have not answered my questions. I will do my duty as a Son of the First, but I do want to know what it is that we are really about first."


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

Simply because none in the Nine kingdoms have done so yet, and if anyone should. it Should be us. We are also preparing as a matter of emergency, should the war with the hobgoblins take an unfortunate turn. Tak answers after a brief moment.

The Silver Robed kobold Stands up, to speak, He speaks with an odd yet attractive accent You see fellows, We have no way of knowing which way the war will turn, and as is who we as a people are. We should have a contingency plan, No?

Vraxiss, Sense motive:

You would know that Tak in particular is known to be quite the straight shooter

The Robed silver kobold is a good guy, Headmaster of the Spire

And the Suited Kobold You don't know


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

Vraxiss nods, "Very well. Knowing our purpose, the full purpose, I am happy to lend my support. For the good of all scale-kin, it shall be done."


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

Saassraa clicks the heels of her sturdy leather boots in agreement. "It shall be done" she reiterates.


Kobold Neutral Cavalier[Vermin Tamer/Emissary] 2nd|Init:+3 Speed:20ft| HP:17/17|Fort:+5 [+2+2] Reflex: +3[+0+3] Will: +1[+0+1]| BAB:+3 Melee:+4 Ranged:+6 CMB:+0 CMD:13|AC:20

Wxyar nods as he pats Wood Rots head. He looks over the others and then the leaders gathered."I shall do my best"


Male Kobold, black-scale Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Beastmorph) 1|| HP: 5/10, AC: 17 (21 w/Mutagen) (FF: 13 [15 w/Mutagen] T: 15 (19 w/Mutagen) || Init: +4, Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +1 || Per: +5

"Sure whateveh. Yer in charge. Ya said we weren't bein' pointed in a specific direction? Some way ta narrow our options down at least? It's a big world out there maybe Idunno."


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

Well... You don't need to leave immediately. geographical, historical and natural research could yield some results for what you're looking for


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

"It will also be best if we are properly equiped before leaving on such an expedition. Mater Tak, Honorable members of the Council I suggest we adjourn. Each of us has accepted the charge and Master Tak will I'm sure be able to guide us as needed. We can leave to organize ourselves, begin our research and make preparations. I am sure there are more important things that require your attention."


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

Saassraa nods. "Yes sirs. More intelligence on potential regions would certainly be desirable."

I have no knowledge skills whatsoever, though.


Kobold Neutral Cavalier[Vermin Tamer/Emissary] 2nd|Init:+3 Speed:20ft| HP:17/17|Fort:+5 [+2+2] Reflex: +3[+0+3] Will: +1[+0+1]| BAB:+3 Melee:+4 Ranged:+6 CMB:+0 CMD:13|AC:20

"Seems a prudent coarse to try and educate ourselves with whatever information we have knowledge of as well as provisions and what not for many leagues of travel. Like my colleague said you fine folk have far more important things to prepare for so we as a group shall make haste and figure out exactly where to go from here." He reiterates before he moves over and begins to look at others.

"So are we to split up or shall we go together to gain the knowledge we need and then shop. Wait the second one. seems more logical when you say it out loud."


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

Saassraa nods. "Agreed. We are a unit now and we must function as one."


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

The Silver robed Kobold walks up, Speaking in his oddly pleasant accent Well, if research is you first step you're all welcome to accompany me back to The Spire. Our libraries might have something, and i'm certain you'll be able to find supplies there


Female LN Kobold U-Monk (Scaled Fist) 1 U-Rogue (Dark Lurker) 1 | HP: 19/23| AC: 19 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4| Perc: +4 (darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Ki points: N/A | Active conditions:

"Yes, lets do some research and find a good direction to head off in. Now that I know what we're doing, I'm anxious to get going! I think I may be better at gathering supplies than researching though."

I also don't have any knowledge skills beyond racial bonuses.


Male Kobold, black-scale Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Beastmorph) 1|| HP: 5/10, AC: 17 (21 w/Mutagen) (FF: 13 [15 w/Mutagen] T: 15 (19 w/Mutagen) || Init: +4, Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +1 || Per: +5

"The Spiah? I don't suppose I gotta dress up some?" The Doctor looks at his clean, but plain white clothing as he talks.

I brought Arcana and Nature, so those could come in handy.


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

They sound handy indeed.

Saassraa nods and accompanies the silver robed Kobold to the Spire libraries with the others. "Thank you, sir. What is your name, sir?"


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

I am Draah'zhin, the great and powerful. This is my Eidolon and Companion Anya. Much Greetings and good to meet you

The silver robed kobold and the winged humanoid woman walk out the door, leading the party to a Caravan. The Caravan rides rather quickly, faster than horses, through the caverns of the Underland, lit buy large glowing mushrooms and heated by huge bronze colored steam pipes. The Road leads up a tunnel, where you start feeling a chill in the air. Outside you see snowfall, Large mountain peaks and a massive Spire made of Pure Marble before you, Windows and A single huge metal door.

Welcome to the Spire. One of the three Magical schools in the Nine Kingdoms, and if i do say so myself, the best.


Kobold Neutral Cavalier[Vermin Tamer/Emissary] 2nd|Init:+3 Speed:20ft| HP:17/17|Fort:+5 [+2+2] Reflex: +3[+0+3] Will: +1[+0+1]| BAB:+3 Melee:+4 Ranged:+6 CMB:+0 CMD:13|AC:20

Wxyar and Wood Rot enter the Caravan, which was nice, but not the same as riding the back of Wood Rot while you trudge along the cavernous ceilings or walls. Still, it was nice and he and his spider enjoyed a bit of rest for what he would assume be a great and perilous journey to come.

At the Spire the cold hits, but he is unphased having been born with the white scales gift of cold resistance. He did look at Wood Rot and then Draah'zhin.

"Is there stabling for Wood Rot here? Someplace where he can stay warm?"


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

Oh, do not worry. He can follow inside. We've had student come in with far worse He opens the door, Inside is warm and luxurious. it's a Lobby of sorts, with 4 winding staircases and a room Labelled to Headmasters office. The lobby itself has couches, a few paintings of the past headmasters, a Map showing where everything is complete with You are here symbol


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

Saassraa nods respectfully as Draah'zhin introduces himself. "And greeting to you." Then she follows along, quietly observing but not the fascinating architecture or halls of learning. Rather, she eyes the exits and nearby desks, keeping track of sources of cover or routes by which intruders may come in.

K nat: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (17) - 1 = 16
K geo: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Despite her lack of intellectualism, her disciplined mind finds the linrary most informative.


Male Kobold, black-scale Alchemist (Vivisectionist/Beastmorph) 1|| HP: 5/10, AC: 17 (21 w/Mutagen) (FF: 13 [15 w/Mutagen] T: 15 (19 w/Mutagen) || Init: +4, Fort: +4 Ref: +6 Will: +1 || Per: +5

*Wolf Whistle* "Fancy. Awright, we'll get somewhere I suppose." Doctor Harkness talks and walks on his way to the nearest collection of books he can find.

"Weah gonna want someplace tha ley-lines meet. If weah lucky? We find a whole load of 'em."

...

"A place wit' less..." Harkness shifts his glance over to Wood Rot "venom-filled wildlife sounds like a good place ta start." On the ride over, he sat as close to the door as he could while keeping an eye on the large arachnid. Sure, it likes its rider, but what about everyone else?

...

The more he talks the more his particular accent comes out, saying words like "talk" with an "aw" and emphasizing his T's. And he speaks to himself the entire time he researches potential locations beyond the borders of the Nine Kingdoms.

I'd like to take 20 on these Arcana and Nature rolls if possible. If not:

Know: Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

Well, that's good too. Assistance would still be appreciated tho.

"Maybe some calm weathah? Gonna be real different living above ground. Any a you been topside befoah? Like, is it always this bright?"


Female LN Kobold U-Monk (Scaled Fist) 1 U-Rogue (Dark Lurker) 1 | HP: 19/23| AC: 19 (18 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 16 | F: +4, R: +7, W: +0 | Init: +4| Perc: +4 (darkvision 60ft) | Speed 30ft | Stunning Fist 1/1 | Ki points: N/A | Active conditions:

Sharra'es eyes the silver robed kobold and its companion warily but follows dutifully. On the way to The Spire, she lounges in the caravan seemingly not a care in the world. This is how people our station should travel. she thinks to herself.

Once there she follows Doctor Harkness in his researching, taking notes for him and adding her own interpretations as he goes.

Take 10 on the assist rolls if possible adding up to 11. Rolls below if not.

Knowledge assist 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Knowledge assist 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

or not...


Warlock 2|HP 16/16|AC18/T15/FF14|Saves 2:7:4|CMD 13|Init 4|Percept +7 (lowlight, darkvision 60ft)|ER 5/Electric|Conditions: None
Skills:
Acro+8|Apr+7|Blf+3(7)|Clb-2|Crft(Alch) +8|Diplo+3(7)|Disg-1|EscA+7|Heal-1|Int-1|Kn(Arc) +7|Kn(eng) +7|Kn(loc) +7|Kn(nob) +7|Perc +7|Ride+3|SpllCrft+12|SM+5|Sth+14|Surv+1|Swim-2|UMD+7

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21Knowledge Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Knowledge Planes: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Vraxiss makes few comments during ride to the Spire and seems ambivalent the the statelyness of the the building or conveyance. Instead he watches the others closely trying to size each if them up.

Once the researching begins his experience and formal education shine. He is quick to find relevant writings and point out passages and the implications there of. He is quick to share what he finds and point to other possible times to those who help searching.

I think the gm was allowing almost all of the knowledges to be rolled, not just knowledge and nature those were just examples. The others might have other effects like understanding proximity to trade routes, or gates or riskj of floods and such.


Gunslinger 2 (pistolero) | AC 20 FF 14 T 17 | HP 23/23 | F 5 R 8 W 3 | Init: +5 | Perc: +8 W darkvision 60 | grit 3/3

I'd be more than happy for my rolls above to count as assist rolls for the good doctor.


Male Dungeon Master Dungeon Master / 21 levels

I assume you all share the knowledge your studying and researching So feel free to look. With the current roles this is all your Current information to work with

Draah'Zhin escorts the group to the Grand Library, A room which appears far bigger inside than the tower is. Shelves and rows of books upon books, some you've seen and some you haven't. Rare and old Books, Diagrams, artifacts, Everything educational imaginable. Several students are studying and working, though your group is easily able to find a workstation and table to occupy for the cause.

Arcana :

Between Vraxiss and the good doctor's work you're both able to trace and figure out several locations to the north of here where Leylines and magic would be incredibly strong, Coincidentally You're both able to determine this very location Would be deep in the mountains. you'd have to cross in and past the dragon territories or go by sea. This would put the group Quite close, if not in the Unknowns of the Windswept valley

Nature:

You're able to determine from reading various books, Maps, Bird migration patterns that there are suitable locations like beyond the Ocean or the Vast deadlands of Nar'voth.

The dead lands of NAr'voth would be dangerous to cross however and even more dangerous to send word back to the clan. Though a Cave path in the Underlands should exist... it could be worth the travel

Planes:

You know the magic of the world rather well and surmise that if you were to cross the Vast Bog that is Black Fens, you should find some Leylines strong Magics of Nature that the Fey might use to build their lands.

Dungeoneering:

You know that many of the Caverns of the Underland are well mapped and lead further beyond The Nine Kingdoms though not all are civilized. You could use those tunnels to get around and build the town near for easy Communication

1 to 50 of 256 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Legacy of the First All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.