JD's Giantslayer AP - revived!

Game Master Jack Daniels


51 to 97 of 97 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

”Well, that’s a relief!” Wulfric declares cheerily when the swamp gives way to dry ground. He stops to let Falric down and quickly adds, ”not that I mind carrying you, light as you are, but we’ll all be able t’move faster without slogging through that mud.”

With darkness fast approaching, he quickly works to build a fire. ”Let’s get this lobster-thing’s bits roasted before dark and then while we’re eating we can decide whether t’risk keeping the fire lit over night, and figure out who’s on which watch?”


halfling oracle 6 51/51 hp | 24 AC 15 T 20 FF | F 6 R 8 W 7 (+2 fear) | Ini +0, Perc +8| current spirit: Battle | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 4/6, 3rd 4/4

With the night approaching, Bruce uses some left-over spells to fully heal Falric.
"I'd prefer an early watch. I have so many spells to help me left..."


Halfling Alchemist 5/Bard 1 | HP 48/48| AC 18 T 18 FF 11 | CMD 18| F+5 R+12 W+4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +10 | Perc +14| Disable Device +15|Stealth +19| Adaptable Luck 3/3| Bardic Performance: 6/6

Falric hops off the dwarf's shoulders, wincing in pain from the injuries on his abdomen. Later that night, he shakes Bruce's hand, "Thanks for the healing, brother. That creature got me good!" As he sits down to eat around the camp fire, Falric recalls, "We're a day away from the Fort. We'll be covering ground with little cover. Do we want to arrive by nightfall, when the orcs stationed there have advantage with their ability to see in darkness? Do we delay to arrive in the morning? We must also be wary of patrols."


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

”Most orcs don’t see too well in the light, so attacking at midday’s probly our best plan,” Wulfric offers as he chomps on some roast lobster-monster. ”Shame we don’t got any butter. But, patrols’re good... every orc we kill outside the fort’s one less orc t’kill once we get in. Really, it might not be a bad idea t’spend a day circling the fort and killing patrols when we get there... second day they’ll likely send out extra patrols t’find us. We ignore those ones and attack th’fort while it’s under-manned. Between the orcs we killed plus those out hunting for us, it’ll be easier t’get to th’giant...”

He wipes some swampy lobster-monster juice from around his mouth then adds, ”and if all goes well, when we’re done we could wait for th’patrols t’come back and ambush them too.”

The Exchange

Urram |HP: 58/58| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +12, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: -1, Dip +12, HA + 11, Knw R +5, Ride +8 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH (3/4d6) 6/6 | +11/+4, d8+13, x3 | Active Conditions:

"I see in the dark better than any orc." Tyrek offers, "But midday may be best anyway. Or early in the morning when the sun is low. Any orcs up all night will be tired, and the ones sleeping will not be very awake."

He pauses for a few moments. "It is not honorable, but could someone examine the camp in disguise? It sounds like your friends Falric were caught because they didn't know what was coming. If we send in a... scout, then perhaps we could avoid that?"

He seems uncomfortable with the word 'spy'.


halfling oracle 6 51/51 hp | 24 AC 15 T 20 FF | F 6 R 8 W 7 (+2 fear) | Ini +0, Perc +8| current spirit: Battle | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 4/6, 3rd 4/4

At first it seemed as if Bruce was metnally absent from the tactical discussion. But he was only consultating the spirits, while still listening with the other ear.
"I can make someone invisible for a few minutes if someone can fly fast. I was also thinking of covering our approach with some magical fog..." Bruce thinks out loud.


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

”It’s not just about who sees better in th’dark, Tyrek,” Wulfric points out, ”most orcs have trouble seeing in the bright daylight sun, so that’ll be an advantage for us. Some of them’re even nocturnal, so we might catch them sleeping, if we’re lucky.”

”Falric, you hid from some of them before, you think you could sneak in and get a look around if Bruce made you invisible?”


Halfling Alchemist 5/Bard 1 | HP 48/48| AC 18 T 18 FF 11 | CMD 18| F+5 R+12 W+4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +10 | Perc +14| Disable Device +15|Stealth +19| Adaptable Luck 3/3| Bardic Performance: 6/6

"Aye, Wulfric, I can make myself invisible as well. But I am not a good climber at all. It's why I didn't scale the fort the first time, when I followed the fire giant and his hounds. If you have some magic to assist in that, I will gladly accept and scout as much as I can."


halfling oracle 6 51/51 hp | 24 AC 15 T 20 FF | F 6 R 8 W 7 (+2 fear) | Ini +0, Perc +8| current spirit: Battle | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 4/6, 3rd 4/4

Bruce jumps up from the trunk he was sitting on and sprints to his backpack. While searching through it, the contents fly away and spread in a 5 foot radius around his backpack. After he finally found what he was looking for, it took him another minute to collect everything. It was as if someone was deliberately working against him.

"I've got this!" He holds up a scroll and when unfolded it reads strange arcane letters. "Took it from an orc sorcerer I crossed a few days ago."

it's a scroll of spider climb


Equipped with a plan and a scroll, the party sets out for the Keep, pacing their travel to arrive in the morning of the next day. The trip is uneventful as you cross various plains with the Mindspin Moutains as your guide. You stop for lunch and rest and continue soon after. Near sundown, as you travel on the wide open plains, you see a scouting party crest a nearby hill and you both spot each other at the same time! The enemy's hunting party consists of a male hill giant and 4 orcs, two walking on each side of him. You are at a distance of 100 feet from each other.

Initiative:
Enemy: 1d20 ⇒ 3
Party: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Party is up first!


halfling oracle 6 51/51 hp | 24 AC 15 T 20 FF | F 6 R 8 W 7 (+2 fear) | Ini +0, Perc +8| current spirit: Battle | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 4/6, 3rd 4/4

Bruce, even while distracted, reacts the fastest. He sees the big bruisers and schemes a demonic plan. He brings forth a piece of flint and a pinch of silver dust and shoots a ray of light at the middle of the group.
Casting Burst of Radiance, DC 17 REF or blinded for 1d4 ⇒ 4 rounds. Dazzled on a save.
damage: 5d4 ⇒ (3, 3, 2, 2, 1) = 11 if evil

After that he moves into cover.

Edit: cover = hides behind Tyrek


With your spell, you catch the giant and 2 orcs. And unfortunately, there is no cover around, at least not close by.

The spell fills the area with a blinding light and when the light fades away, three enemies are harmed and one orc is blinded.
Reflex saves:
Giant:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22...success
Orc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6...blind
Orc: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20...success

The Exchange

Urram |HP: 58/58| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +12, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: -1, Dip +12, HA + 11, Knw R +5, Ride +8 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH (3/4d6) 6/6 | +11/+4, d8+13, x3 | Active Conditions:

Tyrek hefts his warhammer in both hands and takes a few paces in front of his companion to take the initial charge.

Move forward 10 ft or so.


Tyrek HP: 45/45 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc/SM: +8, Fly +11, Knw A +7, UMD +6 | Speed 20ft | Bite: +7, d6+6, x2. BPS. Tail: +7, d4+2, x2. B. | Active conditions:

Urram stays back and moves in front of Bruce, flaring his wings out and hissing loudly. It's clearly a threat display... just not a very good one.

Intimidate: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

Wulfric touches his holy symbol and mutters a brief prayer to the Forge Fire. activating war mind blessing as a standard action

Then he clutches his longhammer in both hands and rumbles forward to meet the patrol. move action to move forward 20’. I have 10’ reach so I should (probably) get an AoO against the first orc that reaches me.

edit: I have to assign the bonus from war mind every round, I’ll take the +1 AC this round, so 22 base and 26 vs the giant.


Halfling Alchemist 5/Bard 1 | HP 48/48| AC 18 T 18 FF 11 | CMD 18| F+5 R+12 W+4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +10 | Perc +14| Disable Device +15|Stealth +19| Adaptable Luck 3/3| Bardic Performance: 6/6

Falric pulls out his wand of mage armor and casts it on himself for a period of 3 hours.
UMD check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30 vs. DC 20
AC now 22/26 vs. Giants.


Round 1: Enemies
The three non-blinded orcs, gripping their falchions in 1 hand, move 30' closer to the party and launch their javelins at Wulfric, who is 50' away from them now. Two of the javelins land harmless to either side, but the one of the javelins catches the dwarf in the shoulder, opening a wound.
Attacks:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9...miss
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21...threat
Confirmation: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17..no
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5..miss

The angry giant, burned by Bruce's spell, pulls a rock out and launches it at Urram, but thankfully, at the last second, the drake evades the deadly rock, that explodes into pieces as it skids across the ground, the force behind it quite evident!
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14...miss

Recap:
One orc (blind 3 more rounds and -11 hps)
Hill Giant (-11 hps)
One orc 30' closer (-11 hps)
One orc 30 closer
Party:
Falric and Bruce same place with drake 5' in front of Bruce
Tyrek 10' closer to enemies
Wulfric 20' closer (-6 hps)

Party is up!


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

Round 2; assigning war mind to attack bonus

”This way, boys!” Wulfric cries as he rushes forward. With his longhammer raised at the ready he charges the injured orc who stands a few feet from its comrades. The head of his hammer bursts into flames as he moves and when he draws near he swings it down hard at his foe...

swift action to activate scorching weapon, charge 40’ (attacking with a reach weapon at 10’ away).
longhammer charge (WM/FE): 1d20 + 13 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 1 + 2 = 19
for: 2d6 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (2, 5) + 7 + 2 = 16
plus: 1d6 ⇒ 6 fire

dang... I hope they don’t have great AC... I’m guessing/assuming there’s still some separation between this one and the 2 that came from the other side of the giant? If so, I should get an AoO from one if they move into melee range, hopefully


halfling oracle 6 51/51 hp | 24 AC 15 T 20 FF | F 6 R 8 W 7 (+2 fear) | Ini +0, Perc +8| current spirit: Battle | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 4/6, 3rd 4/4

Behind the light cover of Urram's wings Bruce giggles and disappears. Suddenly, about 20 feet further into the battle field, everyone hears the halfling shout out a loud Battle Cry. "Aghagha!! Take 'em and leave no bone where it was!"

allies within 30 feet who can hear you gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and a +4 morale bonus on saving throws against fear. This effect lasts for 1 minute.
If an ally is under the effect of this feat and fails a saving throw, she can choose to end the battle cry’s effect on her to reroll the failed save against a fear effect. The ally must take the result of the reroll, even if it’s lower. Each ally can use this effect only once per use of this feat.

actions: standard to cast invisibility on myself, move action to move, swift action battle Cry

The Exchange

Urram |HP: 58/58| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +12, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: -1, Dip +12, HA + 11, Knw R +5, Ride +8 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH (3/4d6) 6/6 | +11/+4, d8+13, x3 | Active Conditions:

With Bruce's cry ringing in his ears Tyrek charges forward, whirling his warhammer as he targets the same orc as Wulfric.

Attack: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 2 = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Halfling Alchemist 5/Bard 1 | HP 48/48| AC 18 T 18 FF 11 | CMD 18| F+5 R+12 W+4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +10 | Perc +14| Disable Device +15|Stealth +19| Adaptable Luck 3/3| Bardic Performance: 6/6

Falric casts Shield on himself and moves 30' toward the orcs.
Duration: 5 minutes
AC 26/30 vs. giant


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

hey, just checking in... hope all is well IRL, GM


Thanks, Wulfric. I am good, just went away for the weekend.
Orcs are AC 14 btw.

Wulfric's weapon plows into the injured orc, killing it. Tyrek's blow bashes the fresh orc, staggering it, and would have killed it, but for orc ferocity.

Round 2: Enemies
The staggered orc swings at Tyrek, but misses wildly in his bloody state!
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8

A fresh orc also attacks Tyrek, but the paladin easily deflects the blow.
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12

The hill giant charges Wulfric, stopping 10' away and attacking from reach with his greatclub, bashing his shoulder!
1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 = 31..hit
Damage: 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (3, 4) + 16 = 23
Hil Giant AC: 19 after charging

Recap:
The blinded orc at his initial position, 30' away from Tyrek, 35' away from Wulfric
Tyrek and 2 orcs (1 staggered) in melee combat
Hill Giant and Wulfric in reach combat
Falric 40' away from the orcs, 45' from the giant
Bruce 50' away from melee combat
Hope that was clear....lol

Party is up!


halfling oracle 6 51/51 hp | 24 AC 15 T 20 FF | F 6 R 8 W 7 (+2 fear) | Ini +0, Perc +8| current spirit: Battle | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 4/6, 3rd 4/4

Nobody knows where Bruce is exactly. He storms towards Wulfric...

Run action to end adjacent to Wulfric. being ready to heal him next round if necessary.


Halfling Alchemist 5/Bard 1 | HP 48/48| AC 18 T 18 FF 11 | CMD 18| F+5 R+12 W+4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +10 | Perc +14| Disable Device +15|Stealth +19| Adaptable Luck 3/3| Bardic Performance: 6/6

Falric moves up and slices at the wounded orc fighting Tyrek with his flaming scimitar.
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23
Damage: 1d4 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (2) = 10


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

Wulfric can't help but grunt as the crude tree trunk slams into his shoulder. Not one to be shown up by a filthy hill giant, he grits his teeth, shrouds his longhammer in flame (swift action), and swings it hard at the oaf, twice (full attack).

longhammer1 vs giant (PA + IC): 1d20 + 17 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 17 - 2 + 1 = 35
for: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (5, 4) + 13 + 4 = 26
plus: 1d6 ⇒ 1 [fire]

longhammer2 vs giant (PA + IC): 1d20 + 12 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 12 - 2 + 1 = 20
for: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 13 + 4 = 24
plus: 1d6 ⇒ 3 [fire]

putting war mind into AC- 22 base, 26 vs giant
edit: man am I glad that giant took the AC penatly for charging, lol

The Exchange

Urram |HP: 58/58| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +12, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: -1, Dip +12, HA + 11, Knw R +5, Ride +8 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH (3/4d6) 6/6 | +11/+4, d8+13, x3 | Active Conditions:

Tyrek strikes firmly at the orcs surrounding him, methodically knocking them down.

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 11 + 1 = 14 Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Tyrek HP: 45/45 | AC: 18 (14 Tch, 15 Fl) | CMB: +5, CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +7, W: +4 | Init: +3 | Perc/SM: +8, Fly +11, Knw A +7, UMD +6 | Speed 20ft | Bite: +7, d6+6, x2. BPS. Tail: +7, d4+2, x2. B. | Active conditions:

Urram scurrys closer to the fight, but stays back for now. The giant is too large for him to fight... yet!


Falric's scimitar burns the staggered orc to death.
Tyrek's two blows kill the orc warrior attacking him.
Wulfric's blows severely damage the giant.

Round 3: Enemies
The giant screams in pain and tries to finish off the dwarf in 2 blows, but Wulfric's training saves him from the first blow and the second is easily deflected. The giant looks in horror to see the dwarf unharmed, as it knows it cannot survive two more blows from the dwarf...
Attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24..miss because of power attack
Attack: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17...miss

Party is up!


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

Wulfric grins in the soft red light of the flames flickering around his hammer (swift for scorching weapon). Gripping his weapon tightly he swings hard at the giant again.

I’ll put the war mind bonus back into attack bonus now that I smell blood in the water...
longhammer1 vs giant (PA+IC): 1d20 + 17 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 17 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 18
for: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 13 + 4 = 27
plus: 1d6 ⇒ 2 [fire]

longhammer2 vs giant (PA+IC): 1d20 + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 1 - 2 + 1 = 24
for: 2d6 + 13 + 4 ⇒ (6, 4) + 13 + 4 = 27
plus: 1d6 ⇒ 1 [fire]

Dang it, I think I needed like a 3 or 4 to hit on that first attack


Thanks to Wulfric's awkward first attack, the giant still lives...barely!


halfling oracle 6 51/51 hp | 24 AC 15 T 20 FF | F 6 R 8 W 7 (+2 fear) | Ini +0, Perc +8| current spirit: Battle | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 4/6, 3rd 4/4

Right behind Wulfric people can hear strange muttering.

CLW: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Something warm touches Wulfric's hip.

The Exchange

Urram |HP: 58/58| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +12, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: -1, Dip +12, HA + 11, Knw R +5, Ride +8 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH (3/4d6) 6/6 | +11/+4, d8+13, x3 | Active Conditions:

Attack: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 11 + 1 = 27 Damage: 1d8 + 13 ⇒ (3) + 13 = 16

Tyrek strides into the fray and slams his hammer into the giants ribs with a mighty 'crack'!


Tyrek gets his arm busted as he closes in on the giant, but his hammer ruptures the giant's spleen, killing it!
AoO vs. Tyrek: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage: 2d8 + 16 ⇒ (5, 1) + 16 = 22

Falric dispatches the blind orc and combat is over, with two party members wounded. Combat over.

The Exchange

Urram |HP: 58/58| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +12, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: -1, Dip +12, HA + 11, Knw R +5, Ride +8 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH (3/4d6) 6/6 | +11/+4, d8+13, x3 | Active Conditions:

Tyrek stretches his arms a few times and straightens out the vambrace as his arm glows slightly.

LoH will cure 24 if maximised.

"So? What now?" He asks, impressed by his companions's combat abilities.


Halfling Alchemist 5/Bard 1 | HP 48/48| AC 18 T 18 FF 11 | CMD 18| F+5 R+12 W+4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +10 | Perc +14| Disable Device +15|Stealth +19| Adaptable Luck 3/3| Bardic Performance: 6/6

"Great job, you two." Falric congratulates Wulfric and Tyrek, as he wipes the orc blood from his blade. "That sucker looked big and tough."


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

”Thanks,” Wulfric replies with a grin, ”giants are my specialty. But, uh, I wouldn’t say no t’one more of those healing spells...”


halfling oracle 6 51/51 hp | 24 AC 15 T 20 FF | F 6 R 8 W 7 (+2 fear) | Ini +0, Perc +8| current spirit: Battle | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 4/6, 3rd 4/4

"Well, that was easy" Bruce's voice says, still coming from nowhere.

we'll camp soon, don't we? i.e. I can use spells for healing?
two maximised CLW fully heal Wulfric.

"Here you are..."


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

Wulfric stretches and sighs contentedly. ”Ahh, that’s th’stuff! Thanks, Brucie.”

Looking around and then at his companions he asks, ”So... see if we can find another patrol t’take out?”


Halfling Alchemist 5/Bard 1 | HP 48/48| AC 18 T 18 FF 11 | CMD 18| F+5 R+12 W+4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +10 | Perc +14| Disable Device +15|Stealth +19| Adaptable Luck 3/3| Bardic Performance: 6/6

"Yeah, let's keep going and make for the Keep" After the healing, Falric continues in the lead.


The party continues its trek through the plains toward the Keep. The rest of the day passes without incident as does the night. By morning or mid-day, however, you wish to plan it, you see the reddish Keep in the distance.

Built from reddish stone (which also contributed to its name), Redlake Fort was originally surrounded by a water-filled moat fed by a nameless tributary of the River Esk. However, the water eventually evaporated, leaving the fort sitting atop a rocky outcrop 20 feet above a wide, dry trench. The bottom of this dry moat is 15 feet below the level of the surrounding land, encircled by a 10-foot-high wooden palisade constructed of 2-foot-thick logs lashed together. The outer wall of the fort itself is 15 feet high.

A large stone fortification, perched atop a small rocky island above a deep trench surrounding the entire stronghold, guards the approach to the fort’s gatehouse.

You are currently camped 200' away from the Keep behind some rocks. What's the plan?


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

”So, what’s th’plan, Falric?” Wulfric asks as he surveys the keep, ”is there some kind of water inlet t’sneak in, or an escape tunnel under th’wall we can come through?”

”And, what about other patrols,” he adds looking to Bruce and Tyrek, ”Do we try t’get in t’morrow, or spend a day killing patrols first?”


halfling oracle 6 51/51 hp | 24 AC 15 T 20 FF | F 6 R 8 W 7 (+2 fear) | Ini +0, Perc +8| current spirit: Battle | Spells: 1st 5/8, 2nd 4/6, 3rd 4/4

"I would love kill some more patrols. I don't know, if we're in a hurry." He looks askingly at Falric.


Halfling Alchemist 5/Bard 1 | HP 48/48| AC 18 T 18 FF 11 | CMD 18| F+5 R+12 W+4 (+2 vs fear) | Init +10 | Perc +14| Disable Device +15|Stealth +19| Adaptable Luck 3/3| Bardic Performance: 6/6

"I can turn invisible, climb the wall with your scroll, and do some scouting and we can take it from there."

Spider climb from the scroll will last 30 minutes. Invisibility lasts 5 minutes and Falric would have memorized it twice for scouting purposes this morning, so he has 10 minutes of that. His stealth is +19 normally, invisible and moving is +39. So up to GM, what information I can see in that time period. He will also cast negate aroma in case there are guard dogs or other pets. Plan is to climb the wall/palisade and see defenses and note numbers/types of enemies.


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

”Not a bad idea,” Wulfric nods, ”get th’lay of th’land... if there’s a plain weakness we attack right away, otherwise we look for another patrol or two today and can plan th’right spells for t’morrow...”

The Exchange

Urram |HP: 58/58| AC: 23 (12 Tch, 22 Fl) | CMB: +11, CMD: 22 | F: +12, R: +8, W: +10 | Init: +1 | Perc: -1, Dip +12, HA + 11, Knw R +5, Ride +8 | Speed 20ft | Smite 1/1, LoH (3/4d6) 6/6 | +11/+4, d8+13, x3 | Active Conditions:

"Taking out patrols makes our lives easier and hopefully scares those in the fort too. Sound strategy." Tyrek agrees.


HP 49/70 | AC 21* (t13/ff19) | CMD 23* | F +9*, R +8*, W +6* | sense motive +14*; perception (darkvision 60’) +12*; +2* initiative | blessing 5/6 | active effects: war mind

sooo... are we waiting here for a scouting report? Or, do we want to try to circle in closer, maybe kill another patrol if we’re lucky, and then wait while Falric scouts?

51 to 97 of 97 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / JD's Giantslayer AP - revived - Book 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.