Critzibles' Essential Trail Kit

Game Master Critzible

A foray into 5e DMing online, Basically running the Essentials kit until it ends and then starting a new world with those envolved!


1 to 50 of 249 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Hello All and Welcome to My Campaign!!

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Phandelin Personal view

Phandalin is an old style frontier town that has grown up around the old ruins of the abandoned town that once stood before. Most of the buildings are single story dwellings except for the Stonehill Inn which has an upstairs floor for visitors and guests of the inn. The buildings are of stone and wood frame while the entrance to town is no more than an old dirt road. There is a small area of green at the centre of housing area as well as a small orchard within the grounds of the town. The areas to the west and south include small farmsteads while the old Tresendar Manor stands dilapidated on the hill to the east overlooking the town.


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

He was drunk enough not to feel the candlestick to the face, but not so drunk to be mindless of the candle's flame encroaching on his precious mustache.

Toppling over backwards, it was a graceful flip with some expertise...but the axis of rotation was all wrong. Scramsax hit his head hard on the ruddy boot scraper near the tavern door, one foot flopping through the exit and a bag of coppers exploding and scattering all over.

He had palmed the silver and somehow held it still.

A horribly ugly yet amazingly buxom half orc maid screamed "Scrammy!" but the ultra compact halfling had eyes for only one thing: his tankard precariously balanced on the table. A table surrounded by 4 angry dwarven miners.

"Ye stink..." they said "...ye cur." and they were right on both counts, Scramsax pondered. But not for the reasons they thought.

Scram felt the need to explain, knocking his knees together and wobbling his back like a fish out of water until somehow he stood once again. "Did anyone ever tell you..." he began, holding back a belch in fear of what it might summon from the depths "...'scuse a man half in his cups?"

He bravely sauntered forth to claim his tankard. This time he stayed on the floor a bit longer.

The silver was still held out of sight.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

'Phandelin'

It was the sole word inscribed on the crumpled parchment, Dusk frowned for the umpteenth time before shrugging her shoulders and tucking the note back in her belt.

As missions went, this one was certainly proving to be on the more mysterious side. No explanation, no guidance, just a smile and the parchment handed over by a fellow Knight.

She glanced around once more at the quiet hamlet. Two weeks walking to get here and despite pondering it all the way, she still had little idea why she was actually here. Adjusting the pack on her back, she heard a clatter from the nearby inn. Shruging her shoulders she set off towards it. It might hold information, and would definitely hold ale, so seemed the best option for a traveler parched from the road and in search of answers.

Pushing open the door she paused momentarily to take in the scene, raising an eyebrow at the halfling groaning on the floor, she stepped over him and headed to the bar, ignoring the stares of the dwarves.

Tapping her signet ring on the countertop she addressed the frowning half-orc maid.

Ale please, the palest you have if there's the option?

She leant on the bar, body half turned so she could take in the rest of the bar and keep an eye on the whole halfling and dwarf situation. As an ale tankard was banged down in front of her she nodded her thanks politely to the still glowering marmaid, and raised the flagon to her lips. Holding it in both hands she smiled.

I don't suppose you gentlemen know of any good causes around here in need of a Knight's sword?


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas hefted his pack and carried his weary bones to the town. He had just come from sharing a campsite with a few trappers and had volunteered to sell their furs in town. The men trusted the druid after he had healed one of their own who had been attacked when their traps accidentally caught a wolf. The old elf also helped them by fixing a couple of the their older traps in dire need of maintenance. His magic allowed him to fix just about anything.

He spotted the tavern and decided that this was a good place to take a break and inquire about who here in town would pay for the furs. He unloaded his furs on the floor next to him, sighed, and asked for some food.

He addressed the half-orc maid, "Whatever you have that's hot and hearty I'll take. Bread too if you have any."

He nodded to the woman drinking the pale ale and kept an eye on the drunken halfling.

The druid asked the bartender, "Are you expecting trouble form the halfling or is this just one of the regulars?"


Male Elf Rogue Swashbuckler/4; HP: 27/27; AC:20; T: 16; FF: 15; F: 1/R: 8/W: 1; CMD: 20; Init: 6; Perc: 7; Sense Motive: 0

The very large, well-armed and well-built, handsome man dismounted outside the large two story Stonehill Inn.

Well, this appears like the best establishment in thus burgh. Sure could use my retainers, or at least a squire.

Stableboy, here, for your troubles.

Sir Adrian flipped a copper to the boy as he unsheathed his Greatsword from his mount, Smoke, and re-sheathed the sword on his back. After adjusting the gauntlet representing Torm, his deity, he said a brief prayer under his breath and walk purposefully through the front of the Inn and up to the bar.

There was always good works to be done in these out of the way places. He nods to the wood-elf, and hears the Tiefling woman ask about good causes for a Knight's sword.

He moves towards the woman, as he speaks to the barkeep.

I will have what the lady is having. Sir Adrian Fullbright, at your service, my lady.I too search f Ok...I r any good works for this Knight's Sword. To what order do you belong, my lady?

He pats the hilt of the Greatsword sticking up over his left shoulder.


Having arrived at the tavern much earlier, Lucen watches as the others arrive. Standing out from the normal clientele, the out of work scholar pay them particular attention and perks up as the talk suddenly turns to employment.

Well now, this could be a group that would benefit from my knowledge. Big and strong warriors...yes this might just be something I could join!" he thinks to himself. Pushing himself up and out of the chair situated in the dark corner, he moves towards the two warriors.

"Well met and good fortune to you. I am Maester Lucen, scholar and tutor to the nobility. I could not help but hear you are looking for some sort of adventure...perhaps you might find yourselves in need of my abilities?"

He gives the woman and man a winning smile as he awaits their response.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

The Half-Orc rolled her eyes at Scram and walk over to take the silver and then slaps the tankards handle into his hand. She then looks down and whispers "Ye Better be able ta pay, or I'll hav' ta; break yer legs here me Scram" She says before she stands up and places her shapely hip harumphing enough to send ehr breath to tussle her stray lock of hair off her face.

"Fancy Ale eh'" She says walking back around the bar and looking about. You see her bedn down and a variety of jingling and clanking until she comes back up with a dusty bottle that is toppered and seemed to seen better days."Got 'dis 'ere bottle er somethin' from an elf ' maid. Said t'was a "softer ale for a delicate palet" Er somethin elvish" She says sitting it on the bar with a smile.

At Dusks' cry for a knight a few miners look up and shake their heads. The Half-Orc woman chuckles."We gots board, as fer' yer 'knightly' stuff we Phandlins' save ourselves!" She says pointing to the well-kept handaxe at her side then the spear over the bar."We gots da' board 'ogh. Tis always be cover'd n' jobs n' such"

Looking at the Wood Elf she nods."Stew, with fresh bread n' tatermash, One s'iver" She says with pride as she then looks down at the drunken Halfling."Nah' he ok, just can't seem ta' 'strain himself" She says as she chuckles, confident she can take care of anything the halfling would do to her.

As the Half-Elf Sir Fullbright enters she rolls her eyes and fishes out another bottle and shakes her head at the obviously daft travelers. Still, she waited for them to pay, or change their orders. as she does she sees Lucen and nods.


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

Scram brushed himself off but wasn't quite ready to stand again, surprised and hurt that his hidden silver was taken so easily. He wagged his finger left and right smiling "Word to the wise: take the bread, leave the stew."


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

This place just got busier than I was expecting!

Dusk nodded companionably in return to the elven trapper, before making space at the bar for the greatsword-bearing man.

She nodded and smiled at his introduction.

A pleasure to meet you Sir Fullbright, you may call me Dusk

Sliding a few coppers across the bar to the half-orc and nodding her thanks for locating the dusty bottles, she pushes one towards Adrian.

I'm of the order of Myth Drannor, originally from the Dalelands, and yourself?

His answer is delayed by the sudden appearance of a rather more well to do local.

Well met Maester Lucen, I regret to correct you but Sir Fullbright and I simply appear to share a mutual desire to put our talents to goodly use, though of course adventure is most likely to accompany us on the way!

She looks the scholar up and down.

I'm sure if you are at a loose end we would appreciate the company, and certainly we would be glad of someone with local knowledge to guide us. What do you say?

As the halfling finally rouses, Dusk relaxes a little when no-one else in the inn moves towards this 'Scram'. She leans in slightly towards Lucen and Adrian, slightly tipping her bottle forward to indicate the halfling

Is this a common occurrence perchance?!


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)
Critzible wrote:
Looking at the Wood Elf she nods."Stew, with fresh bread n' tatermash, One s'iver" She says with pride as she then looks down at the drunken Halfling."Nah' he ok, just can't seem ta' 'strain himself" She says as she chuckles, confident she can take care of anything the halfling would do to her.

Loraas handed the barkeep the silver, ”Thank you.”

He chuckled with the half-orc, ”Glad everything is normal here. Anyway, you look like you can take care of things.” He inclined his head, ”Here to help if you need anything. My old eyes have seen many drunks like this one.”

He pointed to his stack of furs, ”Who here in town is interested in fresh pelts?”


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)
Scramsax wrote:
Scram brushed himself off but wasn't quite ready to stand again, surprised and hurt that his hidden silver was taken so easily. He wagged his finger left and right smiling "Word to the wise: take the bread, leave the stew."

The old elf chuckled, ”No stew eh? What did you have for dinner?” He pointed to a seat next to him, ”You’re welcome to join me for some bread if you can manage to get to the seat.”

He added, ”It may be a good idea to join me; the dwarves don’t look too pleased with your company right now…”


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Sir Adrian responds to the lady.

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Dusk. I am but a humble servant of Torm at this time. I seek to spread the goodness of his word through the defense of others and use use of my blade in battle in his name.

He throws 5 silvers on the bar towards the Half-Orc.

I will require the best available accommodations at your find establishment innkeep.

He holds out his hand to Maester Lucen.

I am always in search of those used to assisting those with means. For now, my retainers and squire are some ways distance from me, but there is strength in numbers. I see no reason why we should not join for a common cause. Lady Dusk and I appear to be of s similar mind already, and your local knowledge would certainly be worthwhile, as Lady Dusk has suggested.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

The half-orc and the patrons laugh at the request for a room."This be a Tap house, da' Inn is o'er yonder" She says with a smile as she holds the bottle for the two 'knights'"Be two coppers fer' 'ese Not sure de'y be good but..." She shrugs letting it linger as she then goes to dole out some stew and bread.

"Furs ye' say" She says while wiping the edge of the bowl and turning to serve Lorass"Try Brethens' He be more inclined t' buy, 'ough he does more sellin' then buyin', He might connect ye' with a local who could pay, got many a strange crafts and trades folk here seekin' ta' make it big" She says smiling as she hands over the food and then taps the barrel to pour a nice heady ale.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Sir Adrian collects 4 slivers and leaves the last.

Appreciate the tip. I will seek accommodations later. For now, I will enjoy our drinks.


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

At Lorass' offer, the halfling seemed to perk up, perhaps seeing the scene for the first time in his drunken stupor. His gaze lingered on the miners' weapons, his tankard, and finally the gear the newcomers possessed. "Just a misunderstandin'...us Hurbryn have a differin' taste in music is all..." he gathered his spilt sack of coppers and random-walked towards the stool...one eye on the dwarves, his body a locked and loaded spring ready to eject at the slightest hostility. Slamming his hand on the bar before the half-orc "Dancy, another..."


Lucen joins the man and woman at the bar.

"Let me first say that I am not a local of this...this..umm..place. I was travelling looking for a new patron when we stopped at this..town. I have been waiting for a week now for another caravan to join, but if you are looking for a scholar..well I am your man."

Glancing over at the halfling with a look of exasperation, Lucen speaks up.
"I think he has had more than enough for tonight... that is unless you want to clean his sick from the floor again!"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

"Get it right I'M DRANTHA!" She says her eyes narrowing at Scram. She sighs and begins to wash a few bowls. as she does she then ladels out another bowl and passes it to Sir Adrain.

"'Ere fer' yer' kind words" she says with a wink as she slides the stew over and then hands the knight a piece of bread.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

"Scram ain't so bad, n' if he does, He'll clean it on the Marrow!" she says looking over at the Halfling again shaking her head.

Eventually, more people begin to pour in all similarly dressed a bit filthy. They ask for ale and food.Drantha happily serves them food with little worry.

Feel free to Investigate,or ask any of the others, I will get to you when I can


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

Dusk smiles at Adrian

An honour to meet a servant of Torm, it seems Tymora has blessed us this day, for two knights errant to find each other here!

She gently taps her bottle against his and takes a sip, an expression of pleasant surprise flashes across her face.

This isn't bad you know!

She listens attentively as Lucen explains more about himself.

Ah I see, apologies for my presumption that you were part of the local fabric. Well it seems yet further fortunate for us three strangers to Phandelin to make each others acquaintance this day. By all means Maester, our blades would surely welcome wise counsel!

She glances over as the trapper and the halfling break bread together.

Well it is clear no-one in here needs saving, perhaps this job board of which Drantha... she tips a friendly nod to the half-orc ...spoke of might provide us somewhere to start, or at the least a means to earn our own keep whilst we wait to see why we were drawn here. What to you think?


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)
Scramsax wrote:
At Lorass' offer, the halfling seemed to perk up, perhaps seeing the scene for the first time in his drunken stupor. His gaze lingered on the miners' weapons, his tankard, and finally the gear the newcomers possessed. "Just a misunderstandin'...us Hurbryn have a differin' taste in music is all..." he gathered his spilt sack of coppers and random-walked towards the stool...one eye on the dwarves, his body a locked and loaded spring ready to eject at the slightest hostility. Slamming his hand on the bar before the half-orc "Dancy, another..."

The old elf smiled, "Ok, just make sure you don't get between a dwarf and his drink, eh?"

He chuckled, "That's probably worse than getting between a wildcat and her kittens."

He added, "Are you from around here? I'm trying to sell these pelts; do you know who to talk to about that?"


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)
Ðusk wrote:
Well it is clear no-one in here needs saving, perhaps this job board of which Drantha... she tips a friendly nod to the half-orc ...spoke of might provide us somewhere to start, or at the least a means to earn our own keep whilst we wait to see why we were drawn here. What to you think?

The elf munched down on his bread and slipped a hard crust into his cloak. A rodent, long-bodied, white rodent showed its head and grabbed the bread with pink hands and scuttled right back under the elf's clothes.

Loraas washed down his meal and stepped over to the job board. He nodded a greeting to the woman there, "Well met. It seems we're both looking for temporary employment."

He looked at the weapons and armor, "May ask what you are seeking here?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Eliyana approaches the tavern, needing a drink after the many days she had been travelling on the road since the last town. Pausing for a moment outside the door, she glances to the sign to ensure that she is at the correct building. Reassured that it is the town's tavern, she pulls the door open and steps inside. Moving up to the bar, she looks to the half-orcish bartender. "Greetings. May I have an ale please?"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

"Sure thing luv" Drantha says to the newcomer before she sees more of the locals gather.

"Looks like the rush is on!" She says and begins to ladle out a few dozen bowls of stew, bread and then begins on ales.

"Hello again my lovely Drantha, Pray tell me , you to have that heavenly stew for little ol' me?"Says a flamboyant magenta-colored coat with purple lining and lapel. it has gold and silver filigree as the shirt underneath was a golden silk shirt, his belt was simple purple and red cord sinched with a strange metal owl face buckle. His pants were a bright forest green with light gold filigree of leaves. His boots were hard dark red-tinged leather boots, On his head, was a fine dark leather cavalier hat with a large white plumed feather. on his shoulders rested a small green caps, while his face was obscured the many ringed fingers peaked out through finger holes of black glaves, and the skin was a plush vibrant pink.

The man then raises to smile through his five o'clock shadow. His not as defined angular face and slightly pointed ears smile his one blue eye one red eye looks up while his short black curls peek through from under his hat. AS he rises he shifts looking at newcomers before winking at the barmaid.


Male Chondathan HP 10 || Def 17 || Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +1 Wis +5 Cha +1 || Init +2 || Perception +5

The priest walks up to the water trough outside the tavern and, reaching his hands in, vigorously splashes his face then runs his fingers through his hair. It had been a productive afternoon, he'd spent the better part of the day helping a farmer repair a broken fence then round up his escaped sheep. Thus did a priest of Chauntea tend to their flock. Not that this is really my flock, I mean not yet. It's been less than two weeks since I arrived. Still, these people seem to need support. Perhaps I will stay a while longer? The thoughts continued to swirl in his mind as he walked into the tavern.

Walking through the tavern door is a smaller, lightly built young man in short brown robes, held close with a sturdy belt. His soft features and longer, full red-brown hair suggest he's seen less than 20 summers, yet there is an air of purpose about him. An iron amulet hangs from his neck, marked with a sheaf of grain and a rose atop it. He places a stout walking staff against the walk by the door then looks up to the barkeep. "Good day Drantha, may the Great Mother ever bless you. I could smell the stew outside, seems the harvest's bounty treats you well this day. I'll take a bowl, and an ale good miss." As he speaks he pulls a silver and a few copper out, placing them on the bar as he sits.

Turning his head, he takes stock of the several new faces, who most clearly are not common folk of the village. "Drantha, seems you have quite the crowd this day. Did they all come in together?"


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Sir Adrian takes stock of the colorful gent at the bar, and as he stands to look in his direction, Sir Adrian lifts his glass.

Well met,Sir Adrian Fullbright, at your service.

No sooner had he uttered the words, than he saw the priest walk through the door. There was no doubting the man of faith as he approached Drantha.

Ah, a local, of sorts, at last...

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

The Half-Orc shook her head as she began to dole out the established orders to the local folk, Stew, and bread all around followed by ale. Coins clattered and she happily scooped them up as she got to the busy part of the day.

the Dashing man heads over to the bar and hops over it. he begins to mix a few things together and then takes a long drink as he looks about the room. He pulls out gold and places it on the table before he smiles and begins to hum an eerie yet enchanting tune.


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

The enchanting man caught Loraas' attention, Obviously another local here given the way he jumped over the bar and started mixing his own drink. Probably the owner.

The druid continued eating his stew; it was good. He fed his ferret more crusty bread and started to hum along the catchy tune. It was good to be out of the wilderness. For a while.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

AS the dashing man looked about he smiles seeing the newcomers."Well hello there folks, you are new never seen your faces before, especially here, I don't bite don't worry I am Jak, just Jak. Current resident of the Manor which is getting a new name I am workshopping while I get it up and back to its former glory!" he says with a smile as he takes in a drink and smiles.

"So welcome to the Heros' Respite, I own about a fourth of this place, Drantha half and my former compatriot the last one left standing owns the last fourth, which if she dies, Gods willing that share goes to Drantha. She was shred when we turned her house into a pub but hey we were adventurers who saved Phandelin. tell me, friends, what brings you to.." he looks over at Scram"..Phandlin..Excuse me a second" he says as he turns to the Halfing.

"Scram do you have that ring I asked for? Its been months now, and I see you drinking more than working!"


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★
Drantha wrote:
"Get it right I'M DRANTHA!" She says her eyes narrowing at Scram.

Elbowing Lorass in the rib cage "She doesn't care what you call her if you say it in the right places..."

Loras wrote:

The old elf smiled, "Ok, just make sure you don't get between a dwarf and his drink, eh?"

He chuckled, "That's probably worse than getting between a wildcat and her kittens."

He added, "Are you from around here? I'm trying to sell these pelts; do you know who to talk to about that?"

He clicks his tongue, glancing back at the tankard "S'my drink. Traded it fer the table. They're jus' mad they've had to smell each other for the last 10 hours down a mine hole...plus they're jealous of me 'stache's superior thickness." grinning to himself. "Yeah, been here a stint. Barthan's is the place you want...I could walk you there, but I'm a bit thirsty...how about a drink in the name of friendship? I never forget a friend. Name's Scramsax...yeah, like the knife."


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★
Jax wrote:
"Scram do you have that ring I asked for? Its been months now, and I see you drinking more than working!"

Suddenly startling "*ahem* ah yes, the topaz cabachon cut on silver filigree...you know, precision is everything. The cuts can't be rushed lest I risk to crack the specimen. It takes what it needs...uh...but Jax of course there is another more important matter..." he glances around, struggling for a way out of the conversation. He was never a good liar.

"B-behold! These newcomers are adventurers, just like you! They were hoping to hear some of your tales of glory to inspire their future efforts...we were just talking about you."


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

Cheers then Jak, to your new venture, I toast to the health and prosperity of you and your partners!

The tiefling pushes a lock of hair back over one small horn and raises her bottle of ale in celebration.

Moving over to the elven woodsman she smiles as he asks about her.

Yes temporary employment seems the best fit right now. Truthbe told I'm not completely sure what I'm doing here, but I'm willing to make a go of most things so whatever lands in my lap I'm sure will be fine!

She stares at the board for inspiration.

Anything catch your eye?


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)
Scramsax wrote:
He clicks his tongue, glancing back at the tankard "S'my drink. Traded it fer the table. They're jus' mad they've had to smell each other for the last 10 hours down a mine hole...plus they're jealous of me 'stache's superior thickness." grinning to himself. "Yeah, been here a stint. Barthan's is the place you want...I could walk you there, but I'm a bit thirsty...how about a drink in the name of friendship? I never forget a friend. Name's Scramsax...yeah, like the knife."

The old elf extended his hand, "Loraas. Pleased to met you."

The druid washed down his stew and hearty bread, "Yes, I will take you up on the offer to show me where this Barthan is. He's probably closed today and you seem to be enjoying your drink so how about we go there tomorrow?"

Not knowing where he was going to stay he added, "Where can I find you? here?"


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)
Ðusk wrote:

Moving over to the elven woodsman she smiles as he asks about her.

Yes temporary employment seems the best fit right now. Truthbe told I'm not completely sure what I'm doing here, but I'm willing to make a go of most things so whatever lands in my lap I'm sure will be fine!

She stares at the board for inspiration.

Anything catch your eye?

The druid squinted at the postings, "Not sure yet. I'm hoping to find something that will help these folks, specially those that make their living off the land. Settler families and the like. Those are good folk."

He added, "Not sure what you're doing here, eh? How did you end up in this place then?"

----------
GM: Are there any postings for us to consider at this time or this just an RP gimmick and the job will come from elsewhere?


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Sir Adrian stands from the bar, and motions Maester Lucen to join him as he stands with food and drink and walks towards Dusk and Loraas.

Lady, good sir, maybe we ought to grab a table to discuss further how we may be able to help the good folk.

Sir Adrian grabs the closest, largest table he can find to accommodate the four, and more.

It may be that the local priest can help us identify a need?

He points towards Brother Gaelin.

Good Priest, unless I am mistaken, would you care to join us for a bit?


Lucen nods towards the flamboyantly dresses publician and smiles at the discomfort of Scramsax.

"It is nice to meet you again. I have been here a few days...still looking for employment, but now with these new adventurers in town, I may have a new calling!"


Male Chondathan HP 10 || Def 17 || Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +1 Wis +5 Cha +1 || Init +2 || Perception +5

Gaelin had been surprised to see the well-dressed man hop over the bar, but as he introduced himself, Gaelin remembered the tale of the strange heroes who had saved the town. Guess they don't all wear shining armor... he thinks to himself as he takes a spoonful of the stew.

When one of the knights calls over to him as 'priest', Gaelin looks up from the bowl, another spoonful about to hit his lips. "My apologies, sir knight, but you seek my company? Umm, okay, I suppose I could join you for a spell."

Gaelin somewhat nervously stands up, lifting his bowl of stew and mug of ale, then proceeds over to the table where the others have gathered. "I am Brother Gaelin, a servant of the Great Mother Chauntea. How can I be of assistance to you lords and ladies?"


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

We were hoping that you may be able to give us the lay of the land, Brother Gaelin, so that we may find a way to best serve the good folk of the area as a group?

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

On the board are three jobs.

Dwarven Excavation: This post deals with informing the Dwarves who are on an archaeological mission to excavate some old dwarven mines about the regional issue. It rewards 50 gps, seek Townmaster Harbin Wester for more details.

Gnomegaurde: The reclusive Gnomegaurde Gnomes work in a series of caves toiling on their research and inventions, They haven't been seen in town recently and need to be informed about the regional issue as well as generally checking in with them. See Townmaster Harbin Wester for more details, 50gp reward

Umbridge Hill The Local Midwife an acolyte of Chauntea, one Abadra Gwynn,Lives by herself on Umbridge Hill, a few miles south of Phandelin, with the threat looming in the area, Townmaster Harbin Wester seeks adventurers to persuade Abadra to return to the general safety of Phandelin. 25 gp reward.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Jax narrows his eyes at the halfling before he smiles."I see, Then I might have to push my work back. I doubt you'd want that, now I might be persuaded to ignore the time I paid for a speedy yet detailed ring if maybe just maybe you decided to do your civic duty and I don't know help clear the board. I might Just mightover look it Jax says before he stood up tall and nodded to Dusk.

"Well I'll drink to my health and Dranthas', Greena can dissolve in a Trolls' belly for all I care" he says taking another drink as he nops over the counter whilst drinking and smiles after he lets the drink pull form his lips.

"And I'll do a raincheck on that tale of glory, my bean counter is mad at me about the whole remodel, especially with the dwarven artisans I hired from Silverymoon!" he says walking out the door and whistling a tune that is both eerie and light-hearted.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

What exactly is the "threat" looming or the "regional issue"?

Well all, it appears from the board, that whatever we undertake, Harbin Wester is deserving of a visit from those wishing to help.


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)
Sir Adrian Fullbright wrote:
Well all, it appears from the board, that whatever we undertake, Harbin Wester is deserving of a visit from those wishing to help.

The old elf nodded in appreciation of the knight's assessment, "You are right Sir. We should go and talk to the Townmaster and perhaps he can prioritize these tasks he has posted."

He asked those gathered around the job board, "Does anyone know what this threat or regional issue is?"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Those who have been in town more than a week:
The looming threat is a supposed dragon seen in the sky or through a shadow


"Aye, it is a dragon that has been spotted in the sky. I have not seen it personally, but many have and it has all the locals spooked. I would like to join you as well, if you do not mind. Siting her is quite boring and expensive..."


Male Chondathan HP 10 || Def 17 || Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +1 Wis +5 Cha +1 || Init +2 || Perception +5

Gaelin looks at them confused for a moment before replying. "My apologies good folk, I do not mean to confuse or lead astray. Like yourselves, I am a traveler to these lands, having only come here two weeks past. It is a simple village, not much beyond good working folk. As this gentleman said-" pointing to Lucen, "there's been a dragon spottes on several occasions as of late and fear builds among the people. While I doubt I have little to offer in facing down a dragon, I would lend my hand if your intent is to help the people."


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

Scram groaned, doubting the accounts "...no dragon. Miners struck a gas flue that leaked into the town, everyone was seeing things that weren't there..." it sounded more like he wanted to believe it than he actually believed it.

He dumbly considered the options he could remember from the board. ::Break it down Scram...gnomes. Gnomes have gems. Gems sell for money. Money can be exchanged for goods and services...:: "Alright...yeah Jax, we should help those cave gnomes I think, good thinking. Good Jax. You're a good man, Jax. Mmm..oh yeah..thats the ticket..." he tries to stand up and wobbles towards the door.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision
Loraas wrote:


He added, "Not sure what you're doing here, eh? How did you end up in this place then?"

A fair question good sir! My order asked me to come here, perhaps to help out with this 'looming threat'. In any case, our intents are aligned, my sword defends those who can't defend themselves. Much as I'm sure your talents go to helping those in need

She smiles at the elf. As Adrian suggests a table, she nods in agreement and accompanies him, sitting down and welcoming all who follow.

Once everyone is seated, she begins.

Given the options, and the looming threat, I would prefer to assist the midwife as a priority. The other matters can wait, and she is vulnerable out on her own...

Her gaze meets each of yours as she looks around the table

Abadra Gwynn, acolyte of Chauntea... should be quick too and we can get to the other two jobs straight after. What do you think?


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas looked from drunken halfling to righteous knight, both with different suggestions.

He opened up his hands, "Either option to help seems reasonable. I mean they are both up there to be done. In any case, we need to talk to the Townmaster to let him know what we ar doing so he can manage resources better."

He scratched the back of the neck of his ferret that showed from under his clothes, "And if this dragon is true then I am not sure what we can do other than help people get out of its way. Surely a dragon is not something for us to deal with. Maybe we can distract it while we wait for real heroes to show up."

He finished, "I say we go and talk to the Townmaster but be prepared for travel." Something that was easy for him as he traveled light.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

I agree with Dusk, and I am fairly certain that we need to speak with Townmaster first, as well. Anyone know where we can find him?

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Phandalin

A dwarf, old and thickly scarred with a hammer and pickaxe on his back shifts and walks over to you all. His blonde hair braided as he rubs his fingers through his bread.

"I can show ya. Been tough for some of us to pull away and help our neighbours but we can't as we been in the mines and without a real leader we just fight off whoever comes in thinkin' this place is there's."

1 to 50 of 249 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Critzible's Essential Trail Kit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.