Critzibles' Essential Trail Kit (Inactive)

Game Master Critzible

A foray into 5e DMing online, Basically running the Essentials kit until it ends and then starting a new world with those envolved!


251 to 289 of 289 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Aye, let us tread lightly and carefully as you advance, Scramsax. I do agree with you, Brother Gaelin. We need to help stop whatever troubles these interesting little creatures, provided, that is, we can garner a staight answer from them.


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas took note of the workspace with casual interest but concentrated on getting to these kings. Not knowing which way to go, he followed the halfling up the left staircase.


"Yeah you're right...they seem extra 'crafty' these days. Hard to beat a gnome in hidden stonework..." he takes out his crowbar and prods in front of him slowly as he goes, checking for traps.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Scram you find no traps [no need to roll] AS you ascend the stairs you eventually come to the top and see immediate to your right a hallway and a corridor that continues straight.Which way do you go


Female Tiefling Warlock 5 | AC: 18; Init: +2; Darkvision; Passive Perception 14, Insight 11, Investigation 14

Dusk waits patiently for Scramsax to choose where to go.


Just for PBP speed assume he always goes left...unless there's a pile of gold or something obvious to the right.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

You head down the corridor which is much like the rest. In 10 feet it splits to the left and you head down that way and come to a solid wooden door with iron braces. It is locked.

To Unlock:
DC 14


Sorry again for delay, fell asleep when I came home...

Scram sizes up the keyhole before laying reaching into his little embroidered satchel "Heh, only a gnome would put 6 tumblers in a simple rim and mortise mechanism like this..."

Dex Thieves' Tools: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

When the door clicks he looks back at the party and winks.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Inside the room are piles and piles of junk, some are organized others recently gone through, they have labels in gnome for a variety. Truly the treasure to these Tinkering Gnomes.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Gaelin and Lorass you notice a few oddities A 4-foot long pole that is smooth yet has rings as if it has sections and an amulet with working clockwork gears.


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas picked up the pole and wondered out loud, "Is this a weapon?"

He added, "Where are these kings? We are looking for the gnome kings right?"

He looked at the halfling, "Are you sure you followed their directions?"


"*ahem* Well a minor detour perhaps...we're lucky to have found those things, I'd say...but yes, my memory is a bit hazy..." he pockets some minor bauble...

Sleight: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"...wait, no. Its coming back to me now. This way."

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Once you are done with the 'Treasure' you can continue down the path to the Kings Chambers.


Female Tiefling Warlock 5 | AC: 18; Init: +2; Darkvision; Passive Perception 14, Insight 11, Investigation 14

Dusk frowned, blinking slowly

"Are we sure we should be breaking and entering inside the home of the folk we are supposed to be contacting with a warning about the dragon?"

The tiefling shifts from foot to foot uncomfortably.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Aye, this all seems a bit too sneaky for heroes attempting to warn friends of grest danger. We should likely announce ourselves accordingly when we come across the king's chamber.


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas quickly returned the strange, smooth pole to its location and nodded to the tiefling, "Right you are Miss. Let's go see these kings."

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

The Hall comes up to a set of double Doors.[Not really just a normal door cut to open like a double door.] It is slightly thicker than the others but seems a bit more awkward than the rest. Its locks though two seem to have another lock woven in. It's an intricate work of craftsmanship.

[The Pole is a pole of Collapsing when you get a chance to Identify it]


He goes for his burglary tools, then hesitates "Wait, we should just knock, right?"

*knock knock* "Hey, open up, your doorknocker fell off..."


...if no answer he'll try unlocking it after checking for traps.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Dex Thieves Tools: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

...holy mother of H tap dancing christos...

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Wow which Archdevil or Demonlord did you appeal to for those roles!!


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Would have loved those on attack rolls with sneak att. damage applied!

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

The Chamber beyond is a bigger chamber that you step into and see a raised stone dais that houses two scrap metal thrones of gnome size there are however no kings.

Sconces line the walls to the right and left most of the torches are metal rods with continual light placed on them


Scram starts feeling around in the dim light, exagerrating blindness "Dark as a witch's cave 'ere...better take one o' these lighting rods fore I like to twist me undershins..." stealing one of the continual light torches.

Wafting it around "*Tch* An empty throne room. Sure are making it hard for us, eh?"

He looks around for anything out of the ordinary...

Investigation: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Just looks like stone walls


"Eh..." he glances around bored. "Maybe one of us should declare ourselves king of this place. I doubt anyone would notice."

Any exits from here? What are we doing here lol

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Just where you came in from.


He looks to the others and shrugs "Should we wait here, or just wander around until we find something?"


Female Tiefling Warlock 5 | AC: 18; Init: +2; Darkvision; Passive Perception 14, Insight 11, Investigation 14

Dusk glanced at Scramsax

"Well at the very least we should announce our presence. If they don;t answer then that's rather odd and we should probably go looking, this place seems... amiss"

She cleared her throat and shouted

"Hello? Anyone around?"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Nothing.


Female Tiefling Warlock 5 | AC: 18; Init: +2; Darkvision; Passive Perception 14, Insight 11, Investigation 14

"Ok, well I guess move forward in whatever direction you think is best Scramsax."

Dusk loosened her sword in its scabbard, she was beginning to get a bad feeling about this place.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Sir Adrian tightens his armor straps and draws his Great Sword, resting it across his arms like a babe for easy access.

This does not seem right to me. Maybe it is just the quirkiness of our friends?


Scram continues to lead the random exploration of the gnomish tunnels, secretly searching for beer.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Lorass you notice something


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas did a double-take and peered into the darkness a little longer, "Wait..."

Critzible wrote:
Lorass you notice something

GM: you either just post what Loraas notices or you send me a PM with details.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Lorass you notice a strange cease on the wall behind the throne. Its faint but your keen well trained eye spots it.


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas pointed to the wall behind the throne, "There. Can't you see it?"

He looked at the halfling, "Maybe you should go see if it opens or something?"


Grudgingly "...alright but if there's a bunch of animated spider exoskeletons behind here I'm holding you accountable..."

Traps?: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Locks?: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

...satisfied, he puts his shoulder to the brick and uses the full leverage of his half body to open the portal.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Sir Adrian waits just behind, prepared to enter once the door is opened.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Door opens into a smaller hallway, it is rougher then most here and bares no real light. Like before Gaelin and Lorass note a faint light at the far in from a crack. Its about a 30 foot long narrow hallway that allows only one person to traverse it. Its a tight squeeze basically for medium creatures.

251 to 289 of 289 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Critzible's Essential Trail Kit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.