Critzibles' Essential Trail Kit

Game Master Critzible

A foray into 5e DMing online, Basically running the Essentials kit until it ends and then starting a new world with those envolved!


201 to 250 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>

Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

Dusk applauded Scramsax as he reached the summit

Bravo! Very brave of you and well managed!

She winks at Loraas, then proceeds up the rope herself. At the top she helps everyone else up the last few feet, then heads off after Scramsax and his lantern.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Immediately after Dusk, Sir Adrian heads up, hand over hand.

Hold up at the entrance until everyone gets up here, then we can form an order of approach. I recommend that Dusk and I lead with the lantern carrying Scram just ahead.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

You know Sir Adrian, I was going to suggest you and I took the lead as we can see and it would protect our colleagues, however I fear that we might look a little too... militant?

She raised an eyebrow and crooked a smile

Probably better to let Scram and his friendly light lead as you say, we're right behind him if he runs in to trouble!


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

My thoughts, exactly, Dusk. Carry on Scram, and do not venture too far ahead, where we cannot help.


Following behind, Maester Lucen uses a minor spell to conjure a light to allow him to see in the darkness.


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

Scram consents and waddles forth "Eh, no need to be so tactical...they're just gnomes after all."

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

They are just gnomes!! I was slain by a party of three gnomes once!


Male Chondathan HP 10 || Def 17 || Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +1 Wis +5 Cha +1 || Init +2 || Perception +5

Brother Gaelin slowly makes his way up the rope behind the others, clearly a little less than practiced at such mountaineering work. With his comrades' assistance, he makes it to the top. Coming over the ledge as the others debate their moves, Gaelin looks puzzled. "I am sorry, perhaps I missed something - are we expecting trouble within?"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Remember you have to shout to understand each other.

-In the cavern it's open with several smaller nooks with doors the ground which is rough-hewn is littered with campfires some old some new


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

DM, what does Scram think of the situation based on last time he was here? Nothing unusual? If so, he just shrugs off the warnings and opens the door. Otherwise, he'll check for traps.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

Well brother Gaelin, I put it to you like this, as my old mentor put it to me...

She raises her voice so he can hear her over the sound of the water

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst!

As the group moves out in to the open cavern, she glances around and then yells out

Hello? Anyone in?


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

The old elf was having trouble hearing amidst all the noise. He would never admit that he noticed himself hard of hearing in other situations as well.

He made sure he was watching whoever was talking to him to make sure he understood.

He deferred to the halfling and yelled, "If you've been here then lead the way!

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Scram you know that this is more of the living quarters for the gnomes

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

There are four alcoves with doors followed by a set of stairs on the southern end that head down.

The Four Alcoves have thick doors of wood with iron hinges.


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

Scram knocks on the nearest door, then glances at his fist curiously when the sound is completely drowned out by the falls. He shrugs and walks down the stairs.


Male Chondathan HP 10 || Def 17 || Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +1 Wis +5 Cha +1 || Init +2 || Perception +5

At Lady Dusk's warning Brother Gaelin falls in behind the others, clutching his cudgel in both hands. He follows cautiously as they begin to descend the stairs, led by the oft-drunken halfling.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

Pausing to ensure everyone has reached the cavern safely, Dusk then proceeds down the corridor after Scramsax.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Sir Adrian follows the halfling down the stairs, using his dark vision to peer beyond the light of the lantern.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

No answer comes from the door, or so you believe as the roar of the water douses any hopes to really hear anything.

As you descend curves again into another staircase. Eventually, you begin to near another chamber that is lit with an oil lamp and you hear fast-paced and loud shrill voices in gnome going back and forth. The waterfalls roar is still faint but enough that its difficult to hear so the gnomes are being doubly loud.


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

He waves, shouting "Hey, its Scramsax! Of Phandalin! Got any of those cheesy mushrooms and wine? We're buying!" he glanced back at the party, thinking ::Well, they are anyways...::


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

"Plus some friends!" shouts Dusk after Scramsax's voice had finished echoing.

She glanced to the others, smiling

"We don't want to frighten them if they come around the corner expecting just one halfling!"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

a female voice calls out."Wait who is there?"

the male voice "Scramsax that halfling who drinks too much and steals our gems"

the female"He DOESN'T STEAL" she counters

male"OH JUST LIKE OUR KING NEEDS A STRAIGHTJACKET, WHEN HE NEEDS A MIND REFEACTOR!"

and then they begin to yell back and forth in Gnome, ignoring you as things now audibly clank and tumble


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas raised an eyebrow at the halfling, "It seems you have a reputation here."

The old elf gestured to the younger, hardier folk of the crowd, "I think we should try the door and let ourselves in. They seem to be engaged in a lively conversation and likely won't hear us."


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

"Ah...sweet woman. Her name will come to me, surely." he grins. To the others "Couldn't say what a 'refeactor' is...gnomish I wager. Always thought the king the solid sort...hmm..."

Scram listened to the sound of tiny gnome hands slapping faces and machinery getting battered and crumpled.

"You know...oddness may be afoot. I don't remember this such a silly place." he peeks around, trying to get line of sight on them while still being unseen...

Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

Pursing her lips a little at the mention of things perhaps not being right, Dusk places a hand on Scramsax and gently moves him to the side, before giving the door a shove to open it.

"Hello there! Pleased to meet you!"

She smiles hopefully at the room beyond.


Male Chondathan HP 10 || Def 17 || Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +1 Wis +5 Cha +1 || Init +2 || Perception +5

Hoping that his calm presence might bring some civility to whatever is transpiring within, Gaelin steps up beside the tiefling knight.

"Yes, good day. I am brother Gaelin, servant of the Earthmother. We come bringing grave tidings, will you please listen?"


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Sir Adrian walks in as well and stands towards the back, perusing the area.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

The gnomes stop and look at those gathered and blink.

"Hi" They say in unison awkwardly as they then go back to fighting back and forth over a literal straight jacket and some strange metal and a leather helmet with strange little diodes on it


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

Dusk lloks back and forth before raising her voice slightly

Broother Gaelin bears grave tidings, who among you will receive them?

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

Both stop and look at the people gathered curiously as they blinked and then spoke to each other again. They nodded and then spoke.

"You have grave tidings, our Kings are being more reclusive than ever, our item we promised the mayor!" The woman says as she still looks confused.

the male gnome begins to fiddle with his hat." he is crazy talking about shapeshifters and whatnot, and now several of our inventions and minds to seeking out and creating things to defeat this 'shapeshifter'" He says fiddling with the thing until it sparks and zaps his fingers, in which he pulls his fingers away and sucks on them.


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

Scram pinched the bridge of his nose, unable to concentrate on the odd ramblings "Is the taproom still downstairs? I need a drink...strong one."


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas was losing his patience, "Shapeshifter? What are you talking about?"

He raised his voice, "Did you hear that we are here to warn you?"


Male Chondathan HP 10 || Def 17 || Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +1 Wis +5 Cha +1 || Init +2 || Perception +5

Rather caught off guard as Dusk announces his as the voice of their company, Brother Gaelin stammers as he steps forward. "Umm, yes, there are troubles beyond this place. But your words, they are confusing. Are you saying that your people are besieged by some kind of a shapeshifter? Can we talk to your King about this threat?"


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Aye, take us to your king so that we can solve this problem you are having with the shapeshifter.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

"Yes our king holds the other captive in fear of this 'shapeshifter', which has spread to others, be it zealotry to gain more time with our book of spells and research area or possibly the chance to try out more dangerous things. Because we had that contract of building and supplying Phandanlen? Right yeah no, whatever. With weapons and magic items to help the citizenry. Which we get food and trade goods."They saw in a weird unison one fiddling while the other picks up in strange harmony and when in synch they sound almost as if a strange echo.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

Dusk whispers under her breath

I've not known many gnomes... is this normal?

She looks questioningly at the other members of the party.


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

Back from vacay.

Scram tugged on Dusk's tabard, covering his mouth with a hand whispering "Nay. Someone plucked the wrong mushroom, I'd say.

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

"So we came here to propose methods of subduing our King, so the King can steer us back to working on our projects and not paranoid delusional monster hunts" The female says as the Male shouted something in gnome and began to tinker and fiddle with his helmet in glorified earnest.


Chaotic Good Half-Elf Paladin (Noble) 1; AC: 16; HP: 11; Perception +0; Initiative: +0; Spell Slots Remaining: LV1 - 0/0; Inspiration: 0

Does this mean they will take us to the king, or are we on our own to proceed?


Male Chondathan HP 10 || Def 17 || Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +1 Wis +5 Cha +1 || Init +2 || Perception +5

Gaelin is thoroughly confused by the combination of the gnomes' description of a possible shapeshifter, their king's madness, and the strange device they seem to be tinkering with. "Sir Albright, I am honestly not sure. If you think your king is ill and needs assistance though, we would be glad to help. There is no need for innocents to be put at risk by one man's madness. Tell us, will you take us to him?"

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

The male one looks up as the female begins to fiddle with her straight jacket."Look." he says "Are you here to help save our Kings. Cause if you are then yeah we can point you in the right direction, we just want to make sure you take notes so we can use them for our inventions later on" he says pulling out what looks like a weird crossbow with no bow, instead it has a strange tip and tubes running from the trigger to the back which held a glass tube that had lighting running form between the tuning forks.

The woman then speaks as the jack seems to have a switch on the back and several of the little tubes full of lighting."Yeah King Korbaz has King Gnerkli bound and unwatch for fear he was the one who caused some gnomes...I think it was Orryn and Warren.." She is interjected by the male gnome.

"Wayyrn"

"Yes Wayyrn were attacked and disposed of within. Supposedly a Shapeshifter or shapeshifters have infiltrated Gnomegaurde and we must deal with them. Though this hurts our work on other projects as well as our income of goods to build. So if you can get them to reconcile and open back up our home so we can get back to our projects!"She finishes as she holds up her device."If not you can help me test teh straight jacket!"


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

Under his breath "Just say 'ok'...Ill jam the lock once we're all out..." Scram clandestinely indicates.

As an aside, 'teh' is my favorite word of all the internet.


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas looked at his companions ans shrugged, "I think our warning is falling on deaf ears with these two but perhaps these kings will take it more seriously."

He turned to the gnomes, "Yes, we are here to help so tell us where to find your kings."

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

"Oh okay so head to the far end of the chamber form the stairs you came in the form, then turn right, head straight don't turn left on that path as it's our treasury. They should be in the throne room or at least King Korbaz, King Gnerkli is probably in the bedchamber of the Kings" The female gnome says looking at her jacket.

"Are you sure you don't want me and my Straight Jacket to come along? It should cure his psychosis?"


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

Sizing up the crazy woman and her jacket "Is there room for 2 in that thing?" the drunk slobbers.


Female Tiefling Warlock 1 AC: 18; Init: +2; Perc: +0 (Passive 10) Darkvision

Scramsax, you should perhaps lead the way?

Dusk ushers Scramsax out of the room and prompts him to head towards the throne room, whichever way it was.


Male wood elf druid 1 (Outlander) AC: 14; Init: +3; Perc: +5 (Passive 15)

Loraas breathed out, satisfied that they were getting somewhere.

He looked towards the natural leaders of the group and nodded, "One of you should lead the way and offer our services to these kings. At the very least we should offer our warning, which is what we came here to do."

Grand Lodge

Male Aasimar Wizard 18/ Rogue2

At the far end of the cluttered chamber of strange scrap that actually seems to be in semi-organized piles with clear labels as well as tools. It opens to a wider end, with a set of ascending stairs to the left and to the right.

Also on the right of the chamber is a 10-foot ledge that overlooks the workspace. On it is a stand that clearly holds a book with its pages open.

Unlike most caverns space is dry and well maintained. Which is strangely odd for such clustered workspaces. All in all this is what you see. Which stairs do you take


jewel thief ★ AC 14 hp 9/9 ★ 14.16.12.12.12.10 ★ Ath*, Sleight*, Stealth, Perc, Invs, Hist, jewels, thieves ★

"Sinister, always. That's a bit o' oldtown Cant...left I mean."


Male Chondathan HP 10 || Def 17 || Str +0 Dex +2 Con +2 Int +1 Wis +5 Cha +1 || Init +2 || Perception +5

As the companions walk deeper into the gnomish chambers, Gaelin listens intently to his allies' words. "Yes, Loraas, we will most definitely offer the warning of the dragon. But this could be some fouler evil that troubles them now. If we are to be protectors of these realms, is it not our duty to investigate and right this situation?"

Turning to the shady halfling, Gaelin chuckles. "Master Scramsax, I don't suppose your eye for detail may have noticed any traps on either set of stairs?"

201 to 250 of 251 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Critzible's Essential Trail Kit All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.