DM_Delmoth's Strange Aeons: Table A

Game Master Delmoth

Map

Treasure


551 to 600 of 725 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>

Fire Resistance 10 Human Female Solar Sorceress 3 l AC 12/16* T 12 FF 10/14* l HP 21/21 l F +1/+2* R +3/+4* W +4/+5*/+9** l Init +4 l Perc +7

Ci Ci listens to the exchange with a look of concern. "So, I don't even know where I am, who this Count Lowls person is, and I can barely remember anything about myself, and I'm a suspect? This just keeps getting better and better," she mutters, ending her statement in a clearly sarcastic tone.


Female Human (Kellid) Shifter (Oozemorph) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 15 (18) TO 15 (14) FF 10 (14) | F +5 R +8 W +3 (+2 vs. fear/emotion) | CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perc +7 DV | Immune Crit, Flank, Precision | DR 4/Slash

In silent at the back of the room, Lahrehn seems to scratch her body with her appendages. As much as she can’t express herself, she can definitely feel the pain for what they’re hearing. At least, as some sort of silver lining, they’re starting to better understand their situation.


Female Human (Tien) Fighter (lore warden) 1/ Swashbuckler 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +9 W 0 | Init +6 | Perc +5 | Portrait |
Languages:
Common, Elven, Minkaian, Tien

Miz stays curled up on the floor only half listening to what the others are saying. Her mind is racing and all she can think about is how they are going to get out of here. Why they are here, who this count is and many more unanswered questions flood her thoughts but they aren't nearly as important as how do they escape this place.

When Saiya seems interested in searching through even more records Miz finally speaks up. "We should get some rest and return to searching for a way out of here as soon as we can..."


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Winter explains, "“Haserton Lowls is the count of Versex county in Ustalav. He appears to have abandoned his duties as one of the nation’s rulers. Accuser Omari had reason to believe that Lowls had regular business here at Briarstone. She sent me along with other associates to investigate the asylum while she went on to Thrushmoor. I am the only one left from that investigation team. Because you worked for him you would need to be questioned, Lowls is the one under scrutiny."

Saiya finds three deep purple cleric’s vestments (suited for a priest of Pharasma), a clean leather lash, and a box containing two scrolls of cure light wounds and one scroll of sanctuary, as well as a wand of lesser restoration (7 charges) in addition to the records.


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F +5 R +6 W +6 I Perception +9 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 4/day

Jassminder gives a slight smile: "Questioning won't take long."

She looks at Winter curiously. "What happened to the rest of your team? Are they somewhere out there?"


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Winter is only momentarily taken off guard by Jass's comments. She grasps her holy symbol, "The Lady of Graves is shepherding them now."

next day?


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 21/21 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13) (+1 vs Traps) | Saves: F:+3, R:+8 (+1 vs Traps), W:+4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception +6 + 1d6 (+1 to find traps) | Init +4
More Info:
Spells (1st) 4/4 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Resistances: Cold/Electricity 5, Poison 2 | Shadow Blending (50% miss chance in dim light)| Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 0

I’m fine with moving forward.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

The Vixen enjoys a much-needed rest. Lying on her pillow, she contemplates the next day. Whatever path the new friends, and slightly less new, and older friends/colleagues that were somehow forgotten…

Vix loses her train of thought and dozes off in her undies—which hastily-thrown-on covers partially reveal to be a red tank top with a yellow stripe near the waist, and a modest star-spangled bikini bottom.


Fire Resistance 10 Human Female Solar Sorceress 3 l AC 12/16* T 12 FF 10/14* l HP 21/21 l F +1/+2* R +3/+4* W +4/+5*/+9** l Init +4 l Perc +7

Sleep comes slowly and fitfully to Ci Ci, being the first time she has tried to rest since waking up in this strange place.

”They said it’s safe. They said it’s safe. They said it’s safe,” she mutters to herself in a quiet mantra, trying to calm herself enough to fall asleep. Eventually, sleep came.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

The party drifts off to sleep but is not met by a fitful nightmare filled half-sleep but a deep and refreshing night. Still they share a dream of a single dark amethyst butterfly floating purposely through a dark void speckled with pin pricks of flickering light. Healed as if getting complete bed rest.

Saiya has Filth Fever: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Dex damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3
Con damage: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Jassminder has Filth Fever: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 And is cured

Saiya continues to suffer a high fever and aching joints.


Female Human (Tien) Fighter (lore warden) 1/ Swashbuckler 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +9 W 0 | Init +6 | Perc +5 | Portrait |
Languages:
Common, Elven, Minkaian, Tien

Miz has a difficult time sleeping any little noise wakes her up as she worries about her surroundings. Luckily she is adept at falling back asleep quickly and ends up piecing together a full nights rest. She waits for the others to wake before stating, with feigned confidence "Alright! We are going to find a way out of this mess today, I just know it!" It's pretty apparent she is saying this as much for her benefit as for anyone else.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

Vix gets up and echos Miz’s chipper attitude.

“I’ve a good feeling meself, Miz! I just had a reoccurring dream—that purple butterfly again! I love it when me own dreams ain’t trying to ki—”

She looks at Saiya and… something’s off.

“Another nightmare, Saiya?” she asks.


Female Human (Kellid) Shifter (Oozemorph) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 15 (18) TO 15 (14) FF 10 (14) | F +5 R +8 W +3 (+2 vs. fear/emotion) | CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perc +7 DV | Immune Crit, Flank, Precision | DR 4/Slash

Lahrehn wakes up with the other - basically, her blob mass (which kept slowly bubbling during the night, with smooth wave-like movements) - shakes a little violently, popping and pulling back appendages and tentacles until finally "calm" again.

After some moments moving around the room, she finally stops by a wall and pulls it, barely climbing it and almost forming a humanoid shape, before collapsing back to her usual ooze form.

Holding for now until we decide where we're moving to - and then I'll assume a humanoid form for a couple hours (probably that of a sewer troll... Lol). I have to save my "truly functional" minutes as much as possible.


Fire Resistance 10 Human Female Solar Sorceress 3 l AC 12/16* T 12 FF 10/14* l HP 21/21 l F +1/+2* R +3/+4* W +4/+5*/+9** l Init +4 l Perc +7

Ci Ci awakens, pleasantly surprised to find herself well-rested and feeling much better.

"I dreamed of a purple butterfly, too!" she replies to The Vixen.
"What does it mean?"


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

Vix replies, “Apparently it means we think alike?”

If the purple butterfly was a shared dream last time, no one spoke of it.

“When Jass told me we shared a dream, and I died in it, I called bull-s@*&—I really didn’t recall dying, but maybe I woke up first and others saw me die. I had another dream I’m fighting this guy called Tatterman in me hometown o’ Rooftopolis. It’s a place where heroic women…”

Vix looks down and notices she’s wearing her tank top with the yellow double-V symbol and the vintage star-spangled short-shorts.

F!!!. Caught in me Vigilant Valkyrie Underoos.

“Never mind where I’m from, seeing how I’ve forgotten much of it. The purple butterfly dreams—the two I’ve experienced—are the ones not involving the Tatterman… who I’ve also dreamed o’ twice. So that’s four dreams since I awakened here, and half of ’em sucked.”

She’s about to wrap a blanket around herself or throw her dress on, but she suddenly thinks,

“Holy s$%%, Ci-Ci! Ye did ask the right question though. I don’t know a damn thing about interpreting dreams, but I know colors!

“Tatterman dreams’re enveloped in a yellow fart cloud. The butterfly dreams’re opposite in every way. Purple’s opposite yellow, glowy stuff’s opposite fog, peace is opposite o’ some dick trying to knife ye.

“Is this butterfly a religious symbol or something? Winter might know.”

Is she in here?

If so, Vix tries to draw attention to herself.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

DC Know religion 10, someone will get it.

You're dreaming of Desna's symbol. There was a shrine to her in the multi-denominational church that features a porcelain statue of the butterfly-winged goodess. One of her purviews is dreams.


Female Human (Tien) Fighter (lore warden) 1/ Swashbuckler 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +9 W 0 | Init +6 | Perc +5 | Portrait |
Languages:
Common, Elven, Minkaian, Tien

Know. Religion - Untrained: 1d20 ⇒ 3

Miz listens to them go on about the dreams. She had a similar dream, but her thoughts were no where near focused on dreams and their meanings, but much more in the present of how are they going to get out of this place and not end up some body spewing mist or blood. She is sure has seen the butterfly symbol before but can't recall, likely a memory lost with all her others.

Instead she starts gathering her belongs and leans against a nearby wall waiting for the others to be ready to go look for an escape.


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 21/21 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13) (+1 vs Traps) | Saves: F:+3, R:+8 (+1 vs Traps), W:+4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception +6 + 1d6 (+1 to find traps) | Init +4
More Info:
Spells (1st) 4/4 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Resistances: Cold/Electricity 5, Poison 2 | Shadow Blending (50% miss chance in dim light)| Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 0

The dreams were nice. Desna's butterfly seemed to keep away the nightmares, which Saiya appreciates even though she doesn't think she's ever worshiped Desna. Or anyone else.

The waking is far less pleasant, as she starts to get up and then literally falls out of bed. Her muscles aren't responding properly. She tries to answer the Vixen's concerned question, but only manages an "Uggghh."

Get it together Saiya, you can't afford to be sick!

"No...no nightmare. Just...not feeling so well." She vaguely hears people talking about the dreams, and adds, "Desna. Shrine over there. She does...things with good dreams." While her mind might not be affected by the sickness, her tongue apparently is and talking is hard.

She drags herself to her feet, pale and shivering. "I need...to see Winter. One...one minute." She staggers out of the chaplain's office, probably scaring any children nearby but too miserable to care. "Winter? Could use...a little help."

Saiya literally can't fail a DC 10 Knowledge check.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Winter says a prayer to Pharasma while drawing a spiral on Saiya's forehead.

Lesser restoration, Dex: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Lesser restoration, Con: 1d4 ⇒ 4


1 person marked this as a favorite.
F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 21/21 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13) (+1 vs Traps) | Saves: F:+3, R:+8 (+1 vs Traps), W:+4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception +6 + 1d6 (+1 to find traps) | Init +4
More Info:
Spells (1st) 4/4 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Resistances: Cold/Electricity 5, Poison 2 | Shadow Blending (50% miss chance in dim light)| Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 0

Saiya relaxes as the spells wash over her, taking the worst of the fatigue and soreness with them. She stretches, testing her muscles, and is relieved to find that she feels even better than she had the day before. Still not entirely well, but she's back in fighting shape.

"Winter, you are an angel of mercy and I would offer you my first-born child if I had one." Although actually, that's a thought she hadn't considered before. She very well could have a child for all she knows.

Surely I'd remember that.

"Alas, I'm pretty sure I don't. You'll have to settle for my everlasting gratitude." She makes an exaggerated bow, then heads back to the chaplain's office in much better spirits. "Winter fixed me up, so I'm good to go when everyone else is."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Fire Resistance 10 Human Female Solar Sorceress 3 l AC 12/16* T 12 FF 10/14* l HP 21/21 l F +1/+2* R +3/+4* W +4/+5*/+9** l Init +4 l Perc +7

Hearing Saiya's comment, Ci Ci takes a moment to lift the lower part of her her shirt, scanning her hips and abdomen for stretch marks. Finding none, she gives a small smile of relief.


Female Human (Tien) Fighter (lore warden) 1/ Swashbuckler 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +9 W 0 | Init +6 | Perc +5 | Portrait |
Languages:
Common, Elven, Minkaian, Tien

When Saiya notes she is ready to head out Miz kicks off from the wall where she was leaning waiting, unconcerned with the thought of having a child out their somewhere, she was pretty sure that wasn't possible, and moves toward the door "Ok, let's get a move on then, go find some way to get out of this mess. Back to where we left off? There were several doors that way and the strange blue light we hadn't checked on yet."


Fire Resistance 10 Human Female Solar Sorceress 3 l AC 12/16* T 12 FF 10/14* l HP 21/21 l F +1/+2* R +3/+4* W +4/+5*/+9** l Init +4 l Perc +7

"Sure," Ci Ci replies. "I don't know much about this place, so anywhere we go is going to be new to me."


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

When you're ready to go feel free to move your token next to an unopened door and we'll take it from there. I know there are a lot of doors to choose from at the moment.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

After Vix gets her gear on, she sees Saiya’s health has improved considerably, thanks to Winter.

“Ye look great, Saiya! Pick a direction. If yer stuck, I’m interested in the blue glow. I’m thinking the yellow fog sucks, and we get fog in the Tatterman dreams. Butterfly dreams are purple and glowy, so if there’s a purple glowy place, we should go there.

“Glowy blue’s close enough?”


Female Human (Tien) Fighter (lore warden) 1/ Swashbuckler 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +9 W 0 | Init +6 | Perc +5 | Portrait |
Languages:
Common, Elven, Minkaian, Tien

"Maybe we should check these other doors along the way, just to make sure we don't miss something?" Miz notes as she walks up to one of the nearest doors and and points to it "Maybe check this one first?"


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 21/21 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13) (+1 vs Traps) | Saves: F:+3, R:+8 (+1 vs Traps), W:+4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception +6 + 1d6 (+1 to find traps) | Init +4
More Info:
Spells (1st) 4/4 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Resistances: Cold/Electricity 5, Poison 2 | Shadow Blending (50% miss chance in dim light)| Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 0

"Sounds as good as any other. We can work our way down the hall." Wary of any more 'surprises', Saiya carefully examines the door before opening it.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Or she would have, if she didn't keep getting distracted by the memories of what had happened the last time she'd opened a door. Hopefully there isn't a sort-of-dead woman hemorrhaging blood in this room.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Chipped white paint peels from the battered frames of a row of identical beds. Dingy white curtains separate each bed, but offer only the illusion of privacy. Each of the beds have padded manacles and leather restraints affixed to them. One bed remains in use, a man with his eyes shut is twitching and moaning. He screams, ”No! Not again! Keep away! I don’t want anything from you! Get away from me, bastard!”


Female Human (Tien) Fighter (lore warden) 1/ Swashbuckler 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +9 W 0 | Init +6 | Perc +5 | Portrait |
Languages:
Common, Elven, Minkaian, Tien

When Saiya opens the door to expose the man bound to the bed Miz crumples her brow in confusion and turns to the others "Someone locked up in her, seems he is maybe stuck in a nightmare?" She pulls out her sword but keeps her distance, just in case this is some sort of trap, letting someone more compassionate or less risk averse go take a closer look.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

The Vixen runs over to the man, “He’s dreaming o’ the Tatterman? Maybe waking him’ll save him!”

Unless there’s a pitcher filled with water or something, Vix grabs the man by the shoulders and yells, ”WAKE UP!” as the tortured prisoner did for her days before.


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F +5 R +6 W +6 I Perception +9 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 4/day

Sorry for delay, thanks for bearing with me. Back now

Jassminder has a vague understanding that the ghouls and dopplegangers are caused by the Tatterman, so she remains alert and keeps her bow focused on the screaming man, covering Vixen. If he comes back from his dream as something else, she'll be ready.


Fire Resistance 10 Human Female Solar Sorceress 3 l AC 12/16* T 12 FF 10/14* l HP 21/21 l F +1/+2* R +3/+4* W +4/+5*/+9** l Init +4 l Perc +7

Ci Ci follows, but stays two or three paces behind The Vixen, she watches carefully for signs of dangerous aggression, ready to call upon her power if necessary.


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

Perception
Vix: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8
Ci Ci: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17
Lahrehn: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Jassminder: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Mizuko: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Saiya: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 +1 vs traps

Vix begins shaking the poor man in an attempt to wake him but as soon as she touches him he stops moving and goes silent. Lahrehn and Jassminder see a small puff of yellow smoke come out of the man’s mouth. He doesn’t wake up.


Female Human (Kellid) Shifter (Oozemorph) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 15 (18) TO 15 (14) FF 10 (14) | F +5 R +8 W +3 (+2 vs. fear/emotion) | CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perc +7 DV | Immune Crit, Flank, Precision | DR 4/Slash

Lahrehn extends her appendages, trying to pull his companions back away from the man. She can't speak, but gestures frenetically while doing so (and incoherently, since the other ones don't "speak" sign language). Regardless, she will get away from the smoke, and try to pull people away from it if possible.

When this scene ends, or if we get into some sort of combat with standard actions, I'll use the daily alter self. For now I'll wait on the resolution here and RP after that.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

Vix holds up her hands. “Um… he’s either dreaming o’ butterflies orrrrr… is dead.”

She checks to see if the restraints are on, and if so, she feels safe about backing away—which is what she does in any case!


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F +5 R +6 W +6 I Perception +9 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 4/day

"Yellow mist. Everyone move away." Jassminder's voice is calm, but her eyes move swiftly, trying to track the movement of the smoke.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

Hearing Jass loud and clear, Vix grabs whatever can be hurled as she backs off—if there is an object she can improvise as a weapon.


Female Human (Tien) Fighter (lore warden) 1/ Swashbuckler 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +9 W 0 | Init +6 | Perc +5 | Portrait |
Languages:
Common, Elven, Minkaian, Tien

Miz listens but is extremely confused "What's the big deal about being around the mist?"


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

Vix answers, “Last time I doubted Jass’ instinct, a doppelgänger nearly killed me.”

To Jass, she adds, “Still, Jass, if ye’ve the answer to Miz’s question, please, spare only the boring part. Logically, we’re more likely to follow yer advice if we know the gory details.”


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

As Vix surmised the man is dead, quickly growing cold. However after a minute of waiting the body convulses again. Before your eyes his flesh becomes pallid and stretches tightly over his now suddenly sunken and thin frame. A long tongue lolls out of his mouth which has instantly grown sharpened teeth. The man looks at the party looses a horrid and insistent meeping cry. He struggles against the bonds and begins to chew at the leather.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

Vix says, “Ghoul! F+#$! Stand back!”

She remains ten feet away, and kicks the ghoul twice.

Pugnacious trait for reach; full attack

Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Hit: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

She then steps back even further to make sure that tongue doesn’t lick her!

5’ step

In case it’s still able to lick people she says, “Please shoot it.”


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F +5 R +6 W +6 I Perception +9 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 4/day
Mizuko Tagashi wrote:
Miz listens but is extremely confused "What's the big deal about being around the mist?"

Jassminder shakes her head. "Not entirely sure, but being around the yellow mist is bad news. Anytime you see it, something bad is about to happen."

As the ghoul reveals itself, she fires at it.

"Which is just fine with me."

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Female Human (Tien) Fighter (lore warden) 1/ Swashbuckler 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +9 W 0 | Init +6 | Perc +5 | Portrait |
Languages:
Common, Elven, Minkaian, Tien

Miz looks on in horror as the man transforms into some monstrosity "What in the nine hells is that?" Seeing the thing is still bound and helpless, but it is clearly hostile, Miz steps up to it and tries to severe the creatures head with a swift blow.

CDG: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 6 = 17


Planescape Map Treasure SA: Table 1: Map Treasure SA: Table A: Map Treasure

The now-ghoul dies a second death and the only sound is the patter of a sudden heavy rain remains. Crumpled in one of the corners of the room is a stained straitjacket and a hoodwink cowl.


F Fetchling Investigator (Questioner) | HP 21/21 | AC: 17 (T: 14, FF: 13) (+1 vs Traps) | Saves: F:+3, R:+8 (+1 vs Traps), W:+4 | BAB: +2, CMB: +2, CMD: 16 | Perception +6 + 1d6 (+1 to find traps) | Init +4
More Info:
Spells (1st) 4/4 | Inspiration Pool 4/4 | Resistances: Cold/Electricity 5, Poison 2 | Shadow Blending (50% miss chance in dim light)| Filth Fever: Dex Damage: 0, Con Damage: 0

Saiya studies the patient-turned-ghoul with an odd, almost clinical detachment. That...that explained a lot. She'd been wondering where all the ghouls were coming from. Surely there weren't that many people who had already resorted to cannibalism? But if they were being transformed in their dreams....

Probably transformed in the dream and the connection this place has to that dimension made it happen in the real world as well. But there's been too many ghouls for that to just be a random nightmare. Something is causing the transformation. What?

She doesn't know. She doesn't like not knowing.

"No one sleeps outside the chapel." Saiya is still just standing there, not making any attempt to dispatch the ghoul. The others can take care of it. They're fighters. She's...what? What did Lowls have her doing?

She forces away the thought. "Something in this guy's dream made him turn. Desna's probably protecting the chapel, given all we've dreamt of there is butterflies. So yeah. No sleeping anywhere else."

Not that they had been planning to, but it's best to state such things clearly just in case.


Female Human Brawler (Hinyasi) from Numeria | ♥️25/25| Flex:3/4~Pug:1/1| AC:15~ff13~12t | CMD:20~21vTrip | Fort.3~Refx.5~Will.–1 | Perception–2 | Pugnacious | Init+2

Vix says, “That’s right! Me dream where I faced the Tatterman in Rooftopolis was when we were holed up in that boiler room. He was like ‘I killed ye,’ and I was like, ‘in yer dreams!’

“Not me exact words, but I wish I said that just for the irony. The f+@@er tried killing me in my dream. That must be who this poor sap was yelling at in his sleep.”

She says to the dead ghoul, “Sorry, guy. I truly hoped waking ye’d do the trick.”


Female Human (Tien) Fighter (lore warden) 1/ Swashbuckler 2 | AC 17 T 14 FF 13 | HP 25/25 | F +4 R +9 W 0 | Init +6 | Perc +5 | Portrait |
Languages:
Common, Elven, Minkaian, Tien

After seperating the things head from its body Miz considers what just happened as she notes "Maybe if we find other people acting... odd, we just leave them alone? I mean, what if us messing with him is what caused him to transform?" she shrugs having no real idea if it was related or not.

Either way, with nothing else of real interest Miz suggests "Let's keep moving, check another door."


F Human (Keleshite) Paladin (Tortured Crusader) 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 19 | F +5 R +6 W +6 I Perception +9 | Campaign Trait Foe of the Strange | Init +4 I LoH 4/day

Jassminder watches the ghoul for a few moments to make sure it is truly dead, but her mind is elsewhere. "We encountered the Tatterman, when we first woke up here. He killed us in our dreams, and we woke up to find that thing torturing the orderly."

There's another pause while she continues thinking. "Why did we wake up as us? Why didn't we wake up as ghouls or shapechangers, like this one did? Like everyone else has? That would have been more rational."


Female Human (Kellid) Shifter (Oozemorph) 3 | HP 28/28 | AC 15 (18) TO 15 (14) FF 10 (14) | F +5 R +8 W +3 (+2 vs. fear/emotion) | CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perc +7 DV | Immune Crit, Flank, Precision | DR 4/Slash

Lah-lah taps the wall, as she sees the ghoul dropping, trying to pull herself up. Her colleagues are still speaking while she, in the back, struggles in noisy blurbs to get to a fixed shape.

At first she throws some inaudible scream-like faces coming out of her fluid body, until finally she ends formed in a humanoid figure: that of a sewer troll. The armor adjusts with difficulty to the new female body, and the last teeth are still appearing when she speaks again.

H... Hi girls... - the voice sounds guttural, very different from before - ... I... Think this is somewhat stable, for now.

She moves towards the group. First with her feet just sliding on the floor, but then finally with the biped legs moving.

I'm... Sorry. Sorry if I can't much control what I am, and can't really communicate. I... Know sign language, though, and maybe I can teach... Someone... To understand me.

She then turns to Jassminder.

While it's a good question... I did wake up as a shapechanger. But if my file is anything correct, maybe that's what I always was.

Using sewer troll for shape as it's more advantageous - for the two hours per day I can do it :) Bite, claws (with 10-ft reach), scent, not too bad.


Fire Resistance 10 Human Female Solar Sorceress 3 l AC 12/16* T 12 FF 10/14* l HP 21/21 l F +1/+2* R +3/+4* W +4/+5*/+9** l Init +4 l Perc +7

"So the woman in the office where Miz and I woke up, the woman in there with us...was she a victim of the Tatterman, or did someone in this place do that to her?" Ci Ci asks.

551 to 600 of 725 << first < prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM_Delmoth's Strange Aeons Gameplay: Table A All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.