Gestalt Strange Aeons

Game Master bigrig107

Gestalt Strange Aeons! Spooky!


1 to 50 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Just opening this now, to get it dottable. Sorry, thought I had set it up already! Oops.


In a strange place none of you recognize, a strange city stands inside of a large canyon. Pouring over one side of the canyon is this strange otherworldy fog, with a yellow tint.

Where are you?

You find yourself in that city, running through the streets of decrepit architecture.

How did you get here?

All around is a wall of that same sickly yellow fog, tumbling through the alley’s canyon of crumbling, gray brick walls like some jaundiced flash flood.

What is this place?

Ahead, the unfamiliar alley splits, curving to the left and right. These streets are unknown to any of you, and look as if they were straight out of any history book you have read, if you could remember any history at all.

Who are you?

Behind, from the silent swell of mist, emanates the sound of footsteps—slow, but somehow keeping pace with the careening, hungry wave. It is coming, and you instinctively know you must flee.

Every one roll initiative for me, would ya? Welcome to Strange Aeons!


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Veda looks around, fumbling for her gear, hoping she brought it, whatever it is and from wherever she got it, desperately trying to remember this place and the people around her.
Everything seems somehow familiar, like a word that is on her tongue, but not in her mind.
She thinks she should know this place and these people, but somehow she doesn't.

Excuse me, it seems my memory lapsed somehow, but did we meet before? I have a feeling like i know you, but i can't remember your names. Very sorry about that.

My name is... My name is....

She pauses, visibly taken aback.

I think my name is Veda, Veda Versade. Or is it someone elses name? One of yours?


Okay, everyone roll a d4 as well in addition to your initiative as Veda looks around for your gear. The number you roll is the number of pieces of equipment you somehow manage to have with you. (Clothing And Spell component pouches both count as only one.)


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

1d4: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Oh my, maybe i shouldn't have mentioned that.


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Gear: 1d4 ⇒ 4

"What the bloody-" a red-haired woman in about her 20s comments in a faint Irish accent, "How'd I get here?" she pats herself down, studying herself, "And what am I wearing? Is that a sword? What in Nethys' name..." she shakes her head, and looks around, "I'm Aoife. Pretty sure. I don't really recognize my body at the moment, but I think I'm me. So... run?" she asks, then starts sprinting in the opposite direction of the encroaching mist.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22
Gear: 1d4 ⇒ 1 So naked or a spell component pouch. Question. Does psychic magic need a component pouch? I got confused when it said they only need expensive materials.

Kioku blinks her eyes. "Wh... Where am I..." As the thought crosses her mind, the same thoughts from others echo across her mind like conversations in a crowded tavern. Kioku closes her eyes tightly while internally screaming "SILENCE!!!" Her mind goes quiet as her thoughts are the only one she hears. Kioku opens her eyes and realizes one of the others is talking.

"Versade. Or is it someone else's name? One of yours?"

It takes her a moment to respond. "Not my name... My name is... It is... I should know this..." "Aoife" flashes across her mind. "No that's not right..." Then like a flash of lightning the name Kioku appears in her mind. The her body and mind feeling a certain rightness about the name. "My name is Kioku," she says with all the certainty she can muster. Just then another voice appears

"I'm Aoife. Pretty sure. I don't really recognize my body at the moment, but I think I'm me. So... run?"

"That explains Aoife... Run?" As the thought goes through her mind she turns to look and first notices the approaching mist. Not knowing what is going on, she follows her instinct and follows the human lady.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 Gear: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Prasitis looks up to find herself standing in a swirl of fog in one of the last places she could imagine ever expecting. I was … reading? No, writing. There wasn’t anything new to read that I hadn’t written myself, though I was searching…

“This is impossible,” she says in Elven, the edge of alarm creeping into her tone betraying her uncertainty as to the accuracy of her own statement.

Magic? Something flickers at another edge, of memory, but no. If she had prepared for it, she would have been able to test for magic as such, but for now all she knows is that she’s theoretically capable of such a thing. As to the eerie streets themselves, Not that, either. Aer would have mentioned it if the book…

Over the sound of hunting footsteps comes that of fleeing, and voices, names heard and names remembered. As the sounds come closer and closer, Prasitis starts running, noticing what she holds as if for the first time as her body sweeps into motion.

"Kesia?" she says, her hand curling cold and empty, as a group of women race toward her ahead of the fog. Her hand: there should be a sword there, or, no, a dagger. No, she gave it to her, but as the elf woman joins the other runners, it comes to her, her own name is: "Sorry. My name is Prasitis, of the Order of the Scarlet Rose, in the service of Her Most Radiant Majesty..."

She breaks off. She can't find the last name, but the first part feels right. Over scarlet robes, she wears a light breastplate, and in the crook of her left arm a sinister, almost faceless steel helm is cradled, its red crest spilling over her arm. Towards the other side of her narrow waist, a belt pouch with small pockets for spell components is cinched tightly. For her pieces of gear, taking clothes + spell component pouch, and her parade armour. It would be great if that could include the armoured skirt/kilt that she normally wears with it, but if that would count as two items, she'll stick with the top.


Initiative order:
Kioku- 22
Veda- 21
Aoife- 12
Prasitis- 8

The alley walls sag, battered brick slumping over the path, nearly blotting out the bruised twilight sky. Again the grimy cobblestone path splits. This time one route curves uphill, while the other recklessly descends.

As you are all beginning to get familiar with your surroundings, or as familiar as one could be with this strange place, the fog seems to unnaturally speed up behind you, coming closer and closer.
Surely it couldn't be that fast!

Wait, was there something in the cloud following you? The footsteps, they're suddenly echoing off of the increasingly small alley way's walls. One moment they were to the left of you, the next they were to the right. What is that thing, and what does it want?

The answer is soon enough quite clear, as the mist parts, now mere steps behind. A mask of gray rags emerges, strips of something fleshier than fabric worming and constricting across a body that’s almost humanlike—but too lean, and far too flexible. Gauzy gray ribbons reach out like tendrils, each grasping for less doubtful flesh to claim.

Prasitis notices just a split second too late that this creature is suddenly right next to her, as the fog completely encases her form, hiding her from the rest of the group. Seconds later, the remaining three hear terrifying screams and a handful of grisly slashes and blood splats, and she is gone.

As you continue running away from the obviously dangerous fog, a surprisingly close blood splat flies across one of the walls in front of you and forms one singular word.

"ME"


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Aoife's eyes widen as the creature kills one of her fellows with barely a second thought. She redoubles her efforts into running, and tries to get as far away as possible from the figure.

My gear would be my clothes, spell pouch, bonded ring, and sword


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Veda screams on top of her lungs as she witnesses the horror.
What was that? she asks, running away like Aoife, grasping a blade of elvish make and the seams of her skirts.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Kioku gasps, "Not ... possible... Did she say her name was Parasitis?" As much as she wishes to help the woman, her survival instincts drive her away quicker as Kioku continues to flee the fog. "What does it want? Why is it doing this?" the questions fly though her mind. As if in response the word "ME" splats in blood across the wall. "ME?!? What does that mean?" she thought as the voices of others begin echoing through her mind. Kioku continued to run

My gear would be my clothes


The yellow mist cares not for your cries of panic, as it speeds its advances towards you once more, overtaking the next in line, Aoife.

The sounds of a long blade being dragged over the course stone streets echoes around her, and yet it's flurry of claws that end up ending her life, as the thing in the mist claims yet another victim. Those two remaining survivors hear a curdling scream before that, too, is silenced.

Another word is thrown across that same wall, except you clearly remember running past that one a few seconds ago.

"Up".

More running, more mist pouring out from side streets. Finally, the mist reaches ahead of you, encircling the last two of you in a small, ever shrinking, circle clean air. Yet the mist grows closer.

Without warning, Veda is snatched out of the circle by the ragged hands and dragged off deep into the mist, and as her voice slowly fades out of earshot, Kioku knows that she is alone when the next word splashes across that same wall that she was certain wasn't there just a moment ago.

"Save".

As Kioku stands alone in the clearing, the mist speeds up and swallows her, obscuring all vision of the city or anything else.

Several voices echo through the mist, loud but distant, as though they were heard from the end of a long hall.

"Wake".

As the knife shoots through her back, everything around Kioku fades to black.


The group wakes up inside of a dirty darkened cell room, it looks like, with Prasistis alone in the south cell, Veda by herself in the northeast one, and the other two sharing the northwest cell.

Whatever equipment you had in the yellow city no longer exists, as you find yourselves covered in clothing that has certainly seen better days.

However, your attention is quickly brought to the large table in between the two cell walls, as there is an older man dressed in clothing similar to yours strapped down to it. A single lantern hangs above the table, illuminating the man's figure, his lips red and bloody and his skin cracked and covered in various cuts and bruises.

"Wake up, dammit!" he cries out in pain as the second figure in the room makes itself apparent, stepping out from the darkness to pick up another tool from the small table next to the man's table, which is laden with all sorts of instruments. Every single one of these was not meant to be used on human flesh, although that doesn't seem to have stopped her from using them on the man, as the collection of a gardening trowel, forks, several long pieces of broken glass or metal, and the other blade of the tormentor’s shears are cased in a layer of fresh blood.

This second figure appears to be wearing some sort of doctor's outfit, her white cloth outfit covered in blood; it's not hard to understand where it came from.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Kioku awakes gasping, immediately reaching for her back, checking for a knife wound. Her eyes quickly dart around, not recognizing this place any more than the last. Kioku's eyes fall on the human woman and her obvious breathing. "Aoife? From the dream?" The images of the dream flash through her head. "Me, Up, Save, Wake... What did it mean?"

Tortured Man wrote:
"Wake up, dammit!"

Kioku's eyes immediately focus on the man on the table and the message comes into focus, "Wake up! Save me!"

"I couldn't do anything in the dream, maybe I can do something now," Kioku thinks as she immediately rises up and rattles the door to her cell, her eyes searching for anything she can use. She calls out to the torturer, "Stop! Leave him alone!"

perception looking for anything I can use: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

Based on the description I'm assuming we have nothing but ratty clothes right now. Would I have prepared spells?


Prepared spells, yeah. Anyone that isn’t psychic (or has Eschew Materials) will need their spell component pouch and/or holy symbols before they can use their spells however.


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Veda twitches up, her jaw dropping as she sees the man being septomized on the table. She looks around, seeing what she could do about the situation.
Clearly, she doesn't want to witness a scene like this, nor be the next victim there.

Slowly she realizes the others.

You say cells, are we all locked in? Are there bars?


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

"Hey!" Aoife cries out, springing to her feet, and a look of surprise passes over her face for a moment with the movement
When did I become coordinated? she wonders for a moment, then shakes it off.
"Leave him alone!" she looks around the room for something to use as a weapon, and desperately wishes that she was on the other side of the bars- only to be stunned when, a moment later, she had done just that. She looks around in confusion for a moment, wondering what just happened, and then turns back towards the 'doctor,' doubtful that they would be very happy she was out.

Using Dimensional Steps to get to the other side of the cell.
I'll also need my bonded item before I can cast, but using school powers doesn't require that, fortunately.


Alright, everyone roll initiative for me again! Aoife has chosen to be quite bold.

doctor initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

edit: oh man, she's super surprised, apparently!


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Almost as surprised as Aoife, apparently. It turns out unintentional teleportation can be disorienting.
GM- Might we be able to get you to roll initiative for us as a group in the future? It tends to speed up PBPs a lot, from my experience.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

Prasitis comes to herself in her own cell with a start, reaching instinctively for her throat even as her shrieking nerves tell her that it hasn’t been cut. As her hands confirm that the scars on her face haven’t been reopened either, one of her usual slates slides off her lap, landing to show an word that wasn’t there when her nightmare vision started, and not in her usual handwriting: ME.

You’re safe, Siti, she reassures herself, though her shaky confidence in the bare assertion is overturned by her realization that her once fine robes and Kesia’s dagger, that she was sure she had been allowed to keep once it became clear that she wasn’t obviously dangerous with it, are gone. A fresh moment of panic runs through the young elf. It ended badly, but it was good while it lasted. Do all the worlds insist that everything I touch get ruined?

The commotion outside her cell distracts her, and she gets to her feet in time to recognize, she thinks, the women from her nightmare even as one of them somehow blinks out of her cell to accost the torturer. Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

Prasitis is not entirely surprised that she can’t seem to find her material spell components either, but fortunately, and a small cold smile curves her lips, the last spells she remembers preparing didn’t need them. Miraculously, I think the only thing she’s got prepared that has a material component is touch of fatigue, and since that calls for a drop of sweat, I think after that vision she might be able to provide one, even if ladies glow, rather than perspire, ideally. :) And she has her hexes.

Hands curling around the bars of the window of her cell door, Prasitis tries to introduce at least semblance of reason to the proceedings, though her voice purrs surprisingly, almost unconsciously, “Very well, ladies: let’s not do anything … hasty. With respect, that includes you, Doctor. I think we need to talk.” Setting up for a charm hex. If she’s within 30’ and open combat doesn’t break out before she can get it off, Prasitis will go for it and target the torturer. (Will DC 13 negates, or attitude improves by one step for 3 rounds.)


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Initiative: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Veda looks out for something that could be used as a weapon, picking it up if she finds something and moves closer to the "doctor".

Yes, yes, let's all stay calm here and not do anything best. Are you a doctor? What's wrong with that man there? I mean, who are you actually? And why are we here?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Yes, there are bars, and yes the cells are locked. A quick easy perception check (which Kioku beat) shows that the doctor has the keys on her waist currently.

Init:
Prasitis: 21
Kioku: 16
Veda: 14
Aoife: 8
Doctor: 7

The "doctor" seems very surprised when Aoife teleports through the bars, apparently unaware that she had the ability to do so.

As the rest of you begin to show that you're awake and start talking to the doctor, the man on the table seems to relax a bit, and sighs, whispering to himself in satisfaction.

His attitude soon changes, however, as the doctor turns towards the brand new arrival outside of the cells, and Aoife notices the..."doctor's" face and form wrinkle and shift into that of her own.

Speaking in Aoife's voice, the doctor calls out "Hey! Leave him alone!" mockingly and giggles maniacally before turning back to the man on the table and stabbing her half of the garden shears into his neck. A spurt of blood erupts from the now gaping wound in his throat before the man coughs a few times and finally seems to pass.

Ignoring Aoife for the time being, the thing occupies itself with the desecration and apparent cutting up of the man's corpse, and does not seem to respond to any of the other women's voices or pleas.

As she digs into the body with her claws, her skin actually seems to contort and shift once more, this time with her visage being replaced by that of a long gaunt nightmarish creature, white skin and deep sunken eyes along with razor sharp claws plainly showing this thing is not any sort of human.

Okay! Looks like the thing coup de grace'd the man on the table and he is in fact dead now. You've just witnessed your first murder!

@Prasitis, is your charm hex in fact a charm effect? If so, you realize even in the first round of activating it that the creature seems to not react to it at all.

Everyone else, feel free to act.
Few pieces of information:
1. Man on table is dead, and the thing is currently occupied with his body. Lots of horrible things going on there.
2. A key that likely is to the cell doors is hanging on the creatures belt, and she is distracted enough that with a relatively easy Dexterity or Sleight of Hand check one could steal the key from her.
3. Several improvised weapons, albeit covered in blood, stand on the small table next to the operating table. Any can be used as an improvised dagger for the purposes of damage.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5
The GM in Yellow wrote:
@Prasitis, is your charm hex in fact a charm effect? If so, you realize even in the first round of activating it that the creature seems to not react to it at all.

Darn, but yes, it’s a charm effect, so so much for that brilliant plan. :)

Prasitis realizes that things are even more off than the gruesome scene makes plain when her magically enhanced words slide right over the doctor. As the thing’s features start to slip and shift, before finally settling on something inhuman, Prasitis reappraises her situation, all but subconscious training kicking in. No dagger, let alone any larger blade, to hand. Target resists charms. Species? Door locked. OK, let’s throw some knowledges at it. On the off-chance that Arcana or Planes will figure out what the critter is: Kn (arcana): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Kn (planes): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Unfortunately, you need knowledge (local) for these, as they're humanoids. You'd likely know this, and it obviously isn't human. Nice try on the charm though, could've been cool! I'm sure it'll be useful later.


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Veda shudders as the doctor thing changes it's face and speaks with Aoifes voice suddenly.
Still she tries to reach out through the bars and steal the key she sees at it's belt. She tries to invoke her inborn luck for that.
DEX: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17

If there isn't enough reach, she can cast mage hand and try with that. Activating Archaeologist's Luck for a +2 for 3 rounds, not sure if it applies to an ability check though.

knowledge local: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Veda is easily able to reach out through the bars and take the key from the thing. Success!


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Probably that's 2 actions though, so leaving the cell and freeing someone else or attacking is next round.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Ack, ninja'd by Veda ... time for edits

Kioku is shocked as her cell mate slides through the bars. That surprise is short lived as the "doctor" shifts and changes. "Wha... What is she?" k. arcane: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26k. planes: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16k. all others: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

As the "doctor" stabs the poor man on the table, Kioku cannot help but scream "NOOOO!!!!" as the poor man dies. The creature then occupies itself with the man's corpse. "It's ignoring Aoife? Does it not see her as a threat? Or any of us?"

Just then, Kioku notices the key hanging from the creature's belt. "If Aoife could get that, maybe she could free us and then we can figure out what is going on and get out of here. How can I help her?" Before she can think of something, Kioku notices the keys lifting off and floating to one of the other cells where she notices one of the others from the dream "...Veda?" Seeing Veda now has the keys, Kioku decides she needs to distract the thing while Veda gets the rest of them out.

Assuming there is a cone that misses Aoife but hits the creature:
Kioku's body responds, almost as if running on muscle memory and instinct. She flicks her fingers forward and a flash of swirling colors envelopes the good "doctor"

cast color spray using a point of arcane reservoir to boost its DC, DC 16 will save

If there is no cone:
Kioku continues to rattle the door to the cell trying to make as much noise as possible while screaming at the good "doctor," "WHY?! WHY DID YOU KILL HIM?!"


There is a cone that won’t hit Aoife, yeah.

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

The flash of colors washes over the doctor’s form, briefly obscuring it from view. The creature emerges from the test of light unharmed however, and now you have its full attention as it turns away from the body it was mutilating.

”Hey! Leave him alone!” it cries out again, giggling evilly before turning towards Aoife.


Okay, moving on using the combat header. Waiting on Aoife’s action and then we can start the round of combat with the round/initiative count.


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Aoife grabs something sharp-looking from the table, and holds it menacingly in front of her, "Could one bloody thing just be normal today, or is that too much to ask?" she demands.
I had a sword before, right? I really hope I actually knew how to use it.

Still, in her panic, she reached out for her magic- she had no idea what she was capable, really, but hoped that in all she had apparently learned, she knew how to at least hurt the monster in front of her. Much to her surprise, she did, and she felt mana follow well-laid pathways down her arm and into the piece of junk she had picked up, a glowing rune etching itself onto the blade.

Using my arcane reservoir to make me have a +1 improvised dagger. For all the good that might do.


That creature is a doppelganger, known for their ability to mimic the exact form and voices of specific humanoids. N Monstrous Humanoids. No further pieces of information, although immune to charm effects is quite likely.

Round 2, Initiative count 7:
The doppleganger, as you now know it to be, cries out in its natural voice, a high pitched screeching that unsettles all of those in the room.

It then lunges out at Aoife in front of her, charging forward to swipe at her with the left half of the blood encased shears she pried out of the mans’ throat.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

I think Monstrous Humanoids require (nature) to ID, for the record (not that it matters- I have the same bonus in both).

Aoife yelps as the shears slice into her, then counterattacks with her surgical instrument. Her instincts weren't as good as she hoped, though, and the blow goes wide.
Improvised +1 light Weapon: 1d20 + 3 - 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 - 4 + 1 = 71d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

I haven't been able to cast Mage Armor yet, so no armor bonus for me- I'm at AC 12


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Are we in a true initiative or block initiative. I.e. is Prasitis up or do we each take our action regardless of order? What may help is when giving the initiative count just state who is up.

"Aoife!" Kioku yells as the shears slice into her. "Why did I draw its attention... What was I thinking". Kioku takes a step back, looking for anything that she can use to assist Aoife. Her eyes fall upon a small stone which begins to hover slightly. She then turns her eyes toward the thing and the rock hurtles through the air at it.

Cast Telekinetic Projectile into melee
RA into melee: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 2 - 4 = 16
damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


We should probably be in true initiative, just because some of you are still locked in cells and such. Also, sorry everyone for all the mistakes, I promise I’ll get the hang of this thing eventually!

Initiative Count: 21, Prasitis is up!


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

As the monster swipes at Aoife, another layer of Prasitis’ veneer of playfulness drops away as more and more old training reasserts itself. With an icy word and a curl of her fingers, a blue ray springs from her hand towards the shapechanger. She’ll cast ray of frost if she’s in range. Ranged touch attack, into melee: 1d20 + 3 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 3 - 4 = 7 Damage if hits: 1d3 ⇒ 3

She throws herself against the door to her cell, her green eyes wild in the frame of her dark tangled locks. She calls to Veda, "Get us out of here and we'll stand a better chance of being able to help!"

Despite her bold words, a part of Prasitis can't help but observe that there are advantages in keeping a door between herself and the lunatic creature posing as a doctor. No rush, Veda, in other words. Far be it for us to interfere with you having a bit of fun first before bringing the keys over. ;)


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

I believe that I am up now and Kioku's actions still work so just go with them from the previous post


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Round 2; Initiative 14

Veda opens her cells lock with the key, moving over to the table where the tools lay, throwing the key to Prasitis on her way.


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Round 2, Initiative 8

Aoife swipes at the doppelganger again, then steps back to start drawing it away from the cells.

Improvised +1 dagger: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 - 4 = 121d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Round two, Initiative 7

The doppleganger cries out in pain as the rock smacks it much harder than it thought it should, and glares at the psychic that threw it at her angrily.

And yet her anger and focus are directed at that which she can directly see, Aoife, the shears lashing out once more towards the wizard.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Ooh, another hit, That's the end of the round, back to the top!


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Round 3; Initiative 14

Veda picks up the other half of the shears, moving in to flank with the doppelgänger with Aoife and tries to slash it valiantly.
Shears Attack: 1d20 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2 - 4 = 181d3 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 2 = 4

Leave her alone you monster and take this!

There are a bit more modifiers, so i explain it once. Attack: +1 BAB +4 DEX +2 archeologists luck +2 flanking -4 improvised weapon; damage +1 STR, +2 archeologists luck. Archeologists luck is +2 because of the trait that adds +1 to luck boni.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

I'm still a bit lost on the Initiative. Should I hold my post until Prasitis post as she comes before me or just post and let the GM sort orders after?


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

Like Veda said in the Discussion thread, though of course different GMs might have different preferences, I think most people are OK with posting out of strict order, especially if folks don’t mind getting their action revised if something someone does who acts before them means their original actions are no longer possible. Redirecting a spell or arrow from a foe who gets dropped first, and so on.

Round 3, Init 21
Reaching an arm through the window to her cell, Prasitis catches the key Veda lobs her way. Moving as quickly as she can, she opens her door and hurries to where Kioku must be locked up, keeping one eye on the melee raging to one side, and for any other telekinetic projectiles.

“Let’s get you out of there,” she says quickly. Hmm. I’m not sure what Prasitis can do with two move actions. If she can’t quite get to Kioku’s cell, she’ll get as close as she can. She can’t possibly open both doors, but if she can get close enough, maybe Kioku can grab the key and let herself out?


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

I'd assume you could unlock your cell and move to my cell.

Kioku takes the keys Prasitis's hands and quickly unlocks her cell, pushing the door open. Her eyes then fall on one of the doctors implements. She focuses on it like she focused on the rock before and hurls one at the thing slicing Aoife. "You were told to Get away from her!!"

Move: Take key and unlock the door
Standard: Telekinetic projectile

Telekinetic Projectile into melee: 1d20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 - 4 = 13


Waiting on Aoife, but I'll go ahead and just post. It's just gonna be a normal combat attack anyway.

"And why should I listen to the already dead?" the doppleganger responds, before taking another stab at Aoife, the only one within reach of her murderous shears.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Damage: 1d3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Aoife takes the next attack with a grunt, and manages another counterattack before she collapses under the third attack.

Improvised Dagger: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 201d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Stabilization: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

EDIT: Crit Confirm?: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (19) + 0 = 191d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Okay, so that crit is actually enough to kill it. Take that last damage off, as you go before it and it didn’t get the chance to hit you the third time.

Aoife lashes out violently, managing to snag the beast in the chest with her cutting instrument. It cries out once, the doppleganger’s claws stretching out one more time before it collapses to the floor. The blood-soaked half of the garden shears clatter across the floor away from the table.

It is dead. You have won! This time.


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Aoife drops her dagger as the creature falls, and she rests her hands on her knees as she leans over, panting.

"Ugh. She really did a number on me." she looks over at the others, "I don't suppose any of you are healers, are ya?" she asks, looking around the room.

1 to 50 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aeons Gameplay! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.