Gestalt Strange Aeons

Game Master bigrig107

Gestalt Strange Aeons! Spooky!


51 to 100 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Did you actually see my attack?

Uhm yes, i can heal you, i guess. What was your name again?
Veda lays a hand on Aoifes wounds and looks like she's trying to remember something.
What was it again? Ah yes.
She whispers some melodic arcane words and you can feel how your wounds close.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

Prasitis is glad she’s not the only one able to step up. “I know a bit of healing magic,” she offers, "but I’ve only prepared the one spell for the day. Is everyone else alright? You’re welcome to it, of course, once we’re sure we’re safe.”

Her glance sweeps uncertainly about the room, trying not to dwell on the ruin of the tortured man’s corpse. “What was that thing? Not a fiend, I don’t think, even if it fought like one, because that I should know.”

It’s a strange thing to say, and even Prasitis would be hard pressed to say why she can feel the truth of it. She arranges the ragged folds of the tatty gown she’s in a bit more neatly on her shoulders, as if to ward off a chill that’s psychical, rather than physical. The coarse cloth offers little comfort, and the texture, along with something the monster said just before it fell leaps out at her. Her eyes flicker over each of the other women in turn.

“‘Why should I listen to the already dead?’ This is going to sound mad, but I think I’ve dreamed of all of us,” she admits, tentatively. She examines her own hands curiously, like someone unable to believe she’s dropped something. “A nightmare. And is anyone else missing something? I have … a bit of training in sword and shield and the like, and I could have sworn I still had a knife, but…”


Speaking of your lost gear, a cursory glance around the area around you discovers a large collection of bags and sacks up against the east wall. It looks as if they have been searched and ransacked recently, perhaps there is something useful to be found there?

And that doesn’t even begin to touch on the pile of stuff gathered in front of what looks like a large furnace around the corner.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

OK, let’s just be brave first.

Having spotted the bags on the east wall in her quick look around the room, Prasitis heads over to see what sort of things someone might have seen fit to store among the cells of an asylum. On the way, though, steeling herself, she forces herself to look at the body of the man she’s just seen murdered. Does she recognize him? As awful as it is to ask, does anything of what’s been done to him make any kind of sense? Was he just being tortured, or was it some sort of set-up for, I don’t know, beckoning to unspeakable powers?

Anyway, after that, I guess poking about the sacks next, and then the stuff near the furnace.


First things first, the body.

Most of the man’s wounds do seem truly random, and torture-inspired, but after a quick glance a small pattern emerges of two separate lines connected in a ‘V’ shape. This pattern repeats itself several times across his skin, each time appearing very deliberate.

As Prasitis searches through the sacks, she begins to realize that she recognizes much of what is in them. An elven thornblade is located among the bags, for one, and it is highly unlikely anyone else in the asylum would even know how to use this weapon. But there’s also a lot of stuff she doesn’t recognize as being hers, instead just having a general sense of having seen them together with someone she once knew, perhaps?


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

No that doesn't sound mad. Well it does a bit, but I dreamed of all of us as well, running away from a monster in yellow fog. It killed all of us though.
Veda los at Prasitis, a bit uncertain.
Not sure what this thing was. Or why it hurt the man in such specific ways. Looks like some experiments to me. Let's look through the stuff and find a way out of this creepy place!

Veda looks through the sacks and other stuff as well, searching for useful things.
Perception : 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Aoife makes her way over to the sacks by Prastis, and furrows her brow at the blade they're studying. "I think... that's mine? I was wearing something similar in that fog-dream. Was it really a dream? It felt so real." she hefts the thornblade and gives it a couple of test swings. "Huh. Well, it definitely feels familiar, that's for sure. I don't suppose you see a steel and sapphire ring in there, do you?" she asks


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

As the creature falls, Kioku takes a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself. She then rushes to Aoife's side. "Are you ok?"

Aoife wrote:
"Ugh. She really did a number on me." she looks over at the others, "I don't suppose any of you are healers, are ya?" she asks, looking around the room.

Kioku shakes her head, "No ... I don't think so ... I have some recollection on how but ... its fuzzy right now." Veda then heals Aoife some while a look of perplexion crosses Aoife's face. "Everything is fuzzy right now... I can remember the dream..." She looks at each of others. "All of them were in it... then we woke up here ... nothing before that."

As if in response to her thoughts Prasitis and Veda begin to speak

Prasitis and Veda wrote:

“‘Why should I listen to the already dead?’ This is going to sound mad, but I think I’ve dreamed of all of us,” she admits, tentatively.

No that doesn't sound mad. Well it does a bit, but I dreamed of all of us as well, running away from a monster in yellow fog. It killed all of us though. Veda lools at Prasitis, a bit uncertain.

Kioku looks up at them like a deer in headlights "We ... We all had the same dream?" Still in a bit of shock and surprise over the situation, she continues. "I .. I can't remember anything before the dream." She then hesitates before asking the question she is afraid of the answer. "Do any of you?"

Kioku's eyes then fall on the tortured body. "Poor man... he asked us to save him... we were too late"

Knowledge checks to see if the V pattern means anything to me
Knowledge: 1d20 ⇒ 8+9 arcana, +11 planes, +5 for all others


Oh....Aoife and Prasitis both use elven thornblade. What are the odds, really? Well, what I was trying to say was that all of your gear is in these bags. You get everything you bought at creation back. Sorry for being so uncertain about it!

Veda, with her ever perceptive eyes, manages to find a small bag with a handful of first aid supplies (the equivalent of a first aid kit with 5 uses left) and a small wand, with the label Cure Moderate Wounds on the side.

Spellcraft DC 18:
Confirms its a Cure Mod wand, with 3 charges left.

As you all seem to realize that you have met before at least once, in the yellow city, it becomes apparent that something bigger is at work here.
As for the man on the table and his gruesome disfigurement, none of you recognize the significance, and Kioku can't remember it within any of her studies either.

So there actually already is a way out, the door to the east. It's not hidden or anything.


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Wait, really? That seems... Highly statistically unlikely. Go figure.

Aoife studies the wand, muttering a spell once she has all her gear back and tapping it against the wall a couple times.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Yep. Healing wand. Almost spent, though. Are you able to finish healing me? I still feel half-dead." Aoife asks Veda, handing her the wand.


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Surprisingly, Veda uses an elven thornblade and a leaveblade as well :D

Veda looks very surprised as Aoife pushes the wand into her hands.
What? Hu?
Perplexed she takes it.
I guess so. I'm no healer though! I mean i can use this wand and other magic, but i know i'm not a healer or something by profession. Probably you should hand that sword to me. It looks very familiar and i bet i'm better than you with it!

She grasps the wand like you would hold a thornblade and while activating it, stabs at Aoife, touching her forehead right between the eyes.

CLW Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Being a bit too enthusiastic, it hurts a bit.
Allright, not sure if i should make those rolls^^


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

it was cure moderate wand so 2d8+3

Kioku looks through the bag finding a spell book and flips through the pages. "This is my hand writing... I know these spells... Why can't I remember learning them." Across the spine of the book she finds a small crystal with a chain. As she picks it up, the crystal begins to emit a soft light. "This must have been my gear..." She tries to think back on how she ended up here but is met with nothing but fog and shadows. Frustrated, she pushes the thoughts to the back of her mind, as she gathers her gear and prepares herself. With one last look at the tortured man she turns to the group. "Shall we leave? I for one would like to get out of here."


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Oh! I didn't read the spoiler. Here comes the rest!

CMW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Aoife nods in thanks, but with a skeptical eye, "You're not a healer? Could have fooled me. Anyway, is this your blade?" she asks, and pokes her way to another blade, comparing the two, "Hmmm. Well, assuming my sense of style extended to my sword, I'd wager this one is mine" she hands the other one to Veda, "And if you actually know how to use a sword, yes, you are better than me. Probably. Last thing I remember, I had never even touched a sword, and yet I took down that thing with a piece of metal barely bigger than my hand.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

A glance at the hilt confirms that the first sword she's found is not Prasitis’ weapon, so she hands it over wordlessly and keeps browsing, recognizing some of the other gear as her own. She emerges with a handful of blades in time to see Aoife taking an experimental swing.

“It suits you,” she says with a smile. The thorn-stemmed basket hilt on the other thornblade she’s recovered marks it as definitely Prasitis’, and thinking back to the nightmare visions suggests, as Aoife concludes, that one of the others must be Veda’s. Ha! As a snooty traditional elf, I have to approve of everyone’s good judgment in weaponcraft. :) We’ll have to get one for Kioku now, just because.

Some sort of whip seems to have got tangled up in her own gear, and she hands it to Veda, frowning a bit at her over-enthusiastic teasing. “No call for that.”

She turns to address Kioku’s questions, somewhat surprised. Then again, it makes a certain sense to have kept amnesiacs together, and humans would be hit harder by losing a few years than elves. Guiltily, Prasitis is all too aware of the opportunity to be selective in introducing herself.

“The last few years are a blur, but some of us have quite a few more than that,” she murmurs, taking refuge in the need to collect the rest of her things. She can’t hide for long, though: turning up a faceless scarlet-plumed helm, she admits, “I was – am – a knight, of sorts. Excuse me.

She disappears briefly to the cell she only just emerged from, to equip herself. When she returns, adjusting a last few straps and the hang of a scabbard or two, she’s considerably more composed, as if the ritual of putting on her armour provides some strange comfort. Ready to go!


The two things you have yet to look at or investigate are the door (presumably to get out of this wretched prison), and the furnace over in the corner. Feel free to look at either or ignore both! Although I wouldn’t recommend ignoring the door out of here.


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

No call for what? What do you mean?
Veda looks at Prasitis, a bit surprised and confused. She takes the whip though, recognizing it.
I think i know this. Was this mine?
Then she notices the rest of the stuff lying around, all of it familiar to her.Mh all of this seems familiar. I'll take it, might be useful. You can keep the other sword Aoife, i guess this one here is mine.
She picks up the bundle of stuff, containing the whip, a dagger, another sword of similar make and a bow with some arrows.

When Prasitits talks about the past, she seems distant.
Oh that looks good Prasitis. Indeed like a .. knight?

I believe i was something like a knight too..., but at a school? And there are so many books and old places?
She turns to the furnace in the corner.
Like this here, it looks old as well.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Kioku is all set to go when she hears Veda mention the furnace. She turns to look at it. "Could that poor man not have been the creature's first victim? Might there have been more?" With these thoughts fliting through her mind, she is drawn toward the furnace, both needing to know and nervous to know the answer to her thoughts.

perception at the furnace: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

At Veda’s mention of schooling, vague memories cross Prasitis’ mind: Theumanexus College, and, more starkly, the Acadamae. Neither of them feels quite right – no, she was privately tutored among her own people at the embassy.

That sparks another memory in turn: that means there’s something, someone, else missing. Cautiously, though she knows she was allowed to see her from time to time, she reaches out with her thoughts and feelings, Argyria? Are you safe? Testing her empathic link to her familiar, in case anyone’s worried how badly the witch has lost it. Please don’t sling any rocks at any ravens you see flapping about until we can be sure it’s not Prasitis’! :)

While waiting for a response and as Kioku checks the furnace, Prasitis heads to the door out, assuming a defensive stance so nothing can sneak up on the group without getting past her first. She keeps her shield hand free, for now, but draws steel as she goes. Curiously, it’s not the elven blade that still hangs at her hip, but a plain longsword that only an obsessive eye would recognize as of unremarkable Korvosan manufacture. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Checking at the door for any other nasty beasties, and, I guess, for traps? Badly, it seems. Too worried about her familiar.


Furnace, with Prasitis and Kioku

A cold, iron furnace hunkers in the corner of the basement, its four-foot-square door gaping half open. Nearby sprawls a heap of gory clothes and other dubiously flammable trash. It now lies cold, however.

With a relatively quick glance around the furnace, you can easily see about a half dozen bodies' worth of scorched bones, including one mostly intact skeleton inside of the furnace itself.

Buried in the rubble, amid the bones, is a particularly well made viola without its strings. Such a strange thing to find down here, surely. Upon closer inspection, what appears to be an inscribed name is visible upon the neck of the instrument. Auseil.

Prasitis, at the door

Argyria's empathetic link with the elven woman is full of fear and what amounts to cries for help, mixed with a healthy dose of panic. As you connect, however, you hear a rattling of a cage in the next room behind the door.
Sounds like some feathered thing in a cage? Could be the familiar you seek.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

Prasitis turns to the others as Argyria’s panic floods back. She tries to keep her own voice calm so as not to alarm anyone, though she suspects it makes her sound strangely detached. “My familiar’s in trouble! I’ll lead the way: no sense in putting anyone else at risk if I can help it.”

With that, she throws the door open and steps through, looking for the source of the sound she heard even as she tries to send reassuring determination back through her link.


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Vedad holds a hand before her mouth, wether in shock or because of the burned stench isn't clear. Maybe because of both.
Still, with one hand she fishes out the viola.
So disgusting. Poor souls, you think they all have been murdered here? Or treated? And what is this? How did it survive the fire?
She takes a closer look at the viola, then turns around.

Your what? Wait a moment, we're coming too!

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12 taking a look over the furnace again.


As Prasitis opens the door, the birds' frantic screeching just got louder, the raven trapped in a cage on the floor in the northwest corner of the room.

That's not all that is in this particular room, however, as yet another horrifying sight unfolds before you. A massive pile of badly mutilated humanoid bodies is stacked up against the east wall, creating a haze of the horrible stench that surrounds dead flesh. Most of the bodies are wearing the same doctor's uniform as the fake doctor in the cell room.

A broad chute extends diagonally through one of this cellar’s half-crumbled stone walls, directly above the pile of corpses. Nearby, a flight of rickety, wooden steps climbs toward the high ceiling—an escape none of the room’s current occupants seem capable of employing.

The smell of rot and decay in the room is overwhelming to the senses, and the buzz of flies hangs in the air, leaving you to wonder how you didn't smell this disgusting mound while you were in the cells.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

Prasitis tries not to breathe in too deeply as the choking miasma hits her, and she also tries to control the sickening images that flicker through her damaged memory at the sight of the piled corpses. Plague. Bodies cut down in the streets. The Merciless Way.

Beyond those disordered thoughts, something more secure from further back guides the witch as she crosses carefully to the caged bird, as quickly as she can. Growing up in fashionable South Shore in Korvosa, Prasitis was also close enough to the Gray district to hear stories about periodic outbreaks of undead activity in the city’s sprawling graveyard. First things first, Prasitis will make a beeline to free her familiar, and then she'll worry about figuring out what happened to the doctors? orderlies?


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

While the furnace seemingly doesn't give away anything more on inspection, Veda turns as Prasitis opens the door and follows her, giving Kioku a friendly pat on the arm to prompt her to the open door as well.
The stench hits her like a wall and she instinctly holds her nose closed.
With a now nasal voice she speaks:
What is this place? Seems we were lucky we woke up and could overwhelm this fake doctor. Those are a lot of bodies for one monster though, don't you think? And the stench! Look at their clothing, they might have been the original personal of this place.
Her voice sounds alert and nauseated, yet she moves in closer to inspect the bodies. On the way she adresses Prasitis.
Is this your familiar? The raven? Is it allright? If you need help opening the cage, let me know.

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22


Luckily for Prastitis, the cage is not locked, and Argyria seems to be unharmed. Somehow she has managed to escape whatever is affecting this unholy place.

Upon closer inspection, all of the bodies do look humanoid (no dopplegangeers here!) and the majority of their wounds appear to be from claws and blades. All of the clothes they wear are covered in blood and dirt and other filth, implying that whatever happened to them was not very pretty at all.

Veda's sharp eyes note that the stairs seem to be the quickest exit out of the room, and that would be a wonderful plan if the top of the stairs were not cut off by a ton of rubble and debris.

It seems as if there is only one way out of here left: the chute below the 'staircase' of bodies. How gruesome.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

“Thanks be to the goddess, you’re alright!” Prasitis exclaims in Sylvan, fussing over her familiar. Then again, given how much of her magic is bound up in that bond, perhaps it’s not so much of a fuss. Extending her arm to give the raven a boost, she makes a cursory introduction. “Veda, Aoife, Kioku – my familiar, Argyria.”

“A pleasure,” said familiar offers in a husky voice that pairs oddly with Sylvan, before lifting off to circle about her mistress. Despite the situation, it’s obvious that both of them take a certain comfort in the niceties.

Prasitis switches back to Common even as emotions still ricochet through her link. Turning to the corpses and Veda’s question, the witch nods her thanks and considers the evidence. “I think you’re right: this is an impossible horror.”

Her language stumbles over the atrocity, because the carnage is clearly all too real. “It’s been difficult to keep track of time, at least for me. But whatever happened, it looks like we’ve been … forgotten? Nothing’s coming down those stairs anytime soon, but someone must have thrown? these bodies down at some point, before…”

Her mind hits some sort of internal wall. How could she have slept through that sort of slaughter, or whatever blocked the passage up? She considers the chute unhappily, but with grim determination. “I suppose that’s that, then. I’ll go first.”

She repeats herself in Sylvan for Argyria’s benefit, adding that she should stay close but as high up as she can, to try to stay out of reach of any ground-bound monsters. Unless anyone’s got any better ideas, Prasitis will start making her way through the chute.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Earlier at the furnace
"So there were more ... At least we were able to best the mad doctor before we joined them." She then looks at the viola running her fingers over the wood. "Such beautiful craftsmanship... Ausiel? Does this name mean anything to anyone?" Before anyone can respond, Kioku hears Prasitis call out something about a familiar in trouble and they all rush to the door.

As the door opens Kioku's face drops in shock on the mountain of bodies in various states of decay. "So ... many ... more than possible of one thing..." These thoughts are almost echoed immediately by Veda. Before she can continue her thoughts, the stench of the bodies overwhelm and it takes all she can muster to hold back the contents of her stomach.

Kioku is finally able to regain her composure when she hears a raven speak to her

Sylvan:
"The pleasure is mine"
she says with a slight curtsy. "I know Sylvan? I guess at this point I shouldn't be quite surprised about what I do and do not know"

Prasitis wrote:
“I suppose that’s that, then. I’ll go first.”

"Go? You mean up the bodies?" Kioku looks briefly around for any other possible escape from their room and comes up empty. Dejectedly, Kioku continues "Lead the way, I'd prefer to be gone from here as quickly as we can"


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Yeah, nice to meet a talking bird i assume, even though i don't understand a single thing.
Veda looks amazed at Prasitis and Kioku, who both seem to be able to talk with the bird.

I'm afraid this chute really is the only way out here. So disgusting though. Go ahead, i'll be right behind you. Or at least i'll try.
You can hear a wretching sound and see Veda shiver and shake for a second as she makes herself ready to enther the chute.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

You carry a thornblade and don’t speak Sylvan? How do you frolic with nixies and pixies and naiads and dryads and such in faerie groves, then? ;)


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Yeah, how dare such an impostor use an elvish weapon, and not be able to speak any Sylvan!
*covers up character sheet*

Aoife nods in greeting to the bird, and says, "I'll assume that was a greeting? Good to meet you too."


The chute is actually quite easy to climb up once you climb over the pile of dead bodies, offering little resistance on the way up. The walls are full of handholds that make the act of climbing up it relatively trivial, and most of the blood on the walls of the chute has in fact had time to dry off.

At the top of the small passageway is a small metal door on the side of the wall, that pushes open to a reveal what appears to be a small janitorial close full of doctors’ gowns and other various cleaning and organizational tools.

The only way out is a door to the south.

In terms of where you are on the map, on the lower left corner of the main building there’s a small room with the brown square on the floor, right next to the courtyard with the trees or bushes.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

This all assumes the doctor gowns are actually semi clean though given the state of this place, that may be a bad assumption

Kioku climbs out of the chute following Prasitis. When she takes her bearings on their new room, her eyes light up. "Oh thank the gods, something clean to wear. After climbing the bodies, I'll take what small comforts I can." She then quickly rifles through the gowns looking for something that should fit her and changes. When she's done changing, she appears to have a bit more energy. "Anyone else? If not, it appears we only have one way out."


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

Emerging from the chute, Prasitis takes a cautious look around: it’s the first time that she can remember (not that that’s saying much at the moment :) ) seeing the inner workings of the asylum, and her nerves are still on high alert after the monster in the cellars. She examines the disorder for signs of violence, trying to figure out if people were trapped in the space and cut down, or if their bodies were just fed down the chute after whatever disaster struck.

In any case, as Kioku says, the way forward seems clear, for now. And then what? I think – I know I’ve been unwell, to have ended up here. Though I didn’t think I was as badly off as all that. She approaches her latest, clearest memories – of cells and slates and the unreal schedule of the asylum’s days – gingerly, trying not to get too distracted. Sword in hand, she opens the door out of the room, stepping out into unfamiliar courtyard.

Unless, of course, when she gets to the door there’s obviously something large and hungry breathing on the other side. :)


Prasitis, after a short look and an easy perception check notices that there isn't much blood in this particular room, compared to the one down inside the chute.

The clothing hanging around this small closet are all relatively clean, and you can easily find something to fit you should you take the time to do so.

As the door opens into that all so new courtyard, the first thing you notice is the sound of a storm. Rain, thunder, and howling winds churn around the sky above the asylum, and opening the door exposes you to the weather.

A blast of unusually hot air rushes past you, and seeing nothing, Prasitis walks out into the courtyard. A quick glance around the area uncovers trampled flowerbeds lying smeared and squashed across this muddy area On all sides, stark gray walls climb toward a narrow gap of sunless sky. To the immediate right on the wall is another closed door, and no other exits present themselves.

The rain is extremely hot, and Prasitis can feel the rain burning any exposed skin as she steps out underneath it. Everyone in the rain takes 1 point of fire damage from the unusual, burning hot water.
Above you in the sky swirl roiling clouds of yellow mist, covering the entire sky in a yellowish tint. The sun is nowhere to be seen.


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

Prasitis softly, but distinctly, hisses at the touch of the scalding rain: as it pelts down, the cool tones of the pale elf’s colouration only further highlight how uncomfortable she must be in the unnatural weather. Quickly scanning the courtyard for a next bit of shelter, she spots the next door and rushes to open and get through it before she starts to wilt, if not melt.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24 Just checking for any surprises, especially towards the north/top side of the courtyard on the map. Is the grey stuff just impassible rubble, or something else weird? Not that we’re paranoid about alien mushroom things or anything.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Apparently my post from Thursday afternoon got eaten and never showed up. I'm also going to apologize in advance if I'm spotty on posting this week and next. My 7 month old just started daycare for the first time this week and we are working on figuring out our new schedules. Though Veda appears to be missing.

Kioku steps out following Prasitis before jumping back into the closet with a yelp of surprise and pain. She takes stock of her surroundings and glances back down the chute. "I guess its either out there or back down there." Steeling her resolve she quickly rushes after Prasitis hoping to get into cover as quickly as possible.


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Definately not missing and pretty sure i posted something last week as well in answer to the sylvan talk.

Veda follows behind Prasitis into the yard.
Ouch. Pretty hot out here. I don't feel like taking off some of those rags though with this hot air boiling us here. You see the yellow fog? That's creepy. Seems it's not in dreams only, but invaded this place. Or invaded our dreams from here, who knows.
She dashes towards the next door after the others.


Time to get this show on the road again! Hopefully Alice can catch up and we’ll see what we need to do later to get her up to speed.

The door opens into a long hallway, which is mainly in the dark minus a few lamps on the other side of a barricade to the left of the door you all walked out of the burning rain through.

Posted at said barricade are several human-looking guards with crossbows, currently aimed towards the end of the long hall.

One of the guards exclaims in surprise, clearly not expecting you to show up from that particular direction.
”W-what are you doing there?!” the guard calls out shakily, turning his crossbow to point towards the group.


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

"I was kind of hoping you could tell us." Aoife says with a shrug, then narrows her eyes, and points her sword vaguely in their direction, "Is there any way you can prove you're human? Or, you know, like half-human at the very least. I have nothing against elves. Or halflings, for that matter. But you don't look like you're halflings. ANYWAY. My point is, this place is really weird and we just fought a shapeshifter. How do we know we can trust you?" she asks.


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Kioku enters the hall and shakes off what she can of the water when she then notices the group in front of her. When she sees the crossbow pointed at them, Kioku raises her hands as a means to show the man they mean no harm. She then speaks in a calming voice.

"We awoke below with a mad shapeshifter doing unspeakable things to a doctor. We managed to escape, but unfortunately the doctor was not as lucky. I cannot speak for the rest of my companions here, but I cannot remember anything that happened before waking in that basement a few hours ago. So if you could please tell us what is going on and how we got here, we would be much obliged."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

Prasitis nods her agreement with Kioku’s assessment, though unsure that she would confess the extent of the gaps in her memory, herself. Taking the guards in with a glance, she immediately, and perhaps uncharitably, pegs them as underlings, with the cool self-assurance of a born aristocrat and trained specialist.

“We’re securing the area,” she adds, not unkindly, though more plainly than she would choose were she at court. “The sanitarium is clearly under attack. What are you barricading yourselves against?”

She indicates herself and the rest of the motley crew of escaped madwomen with a small self-deprecating smile. “Trust me, from what we’ve seen so far, it’s those wearing doctors' gowns that you ought to be worried about.” Diplomacy, to aid Kioku: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Huh. That turned out quite nicely.

Despite the disadvantages of the situation, something about the charming elf woman's presence invites conviction. :)


The guards at the barricade look obviously confused as the quartet of women explain themselves to the best of their ability.

The words are obviously doing work on their attitude, as you can see the crossbows lowered, and the worry on their faces replaced with understanding and concern for the four of you.

And then a grizzled old face, much rougher than the younger original guards, appears over the barricade.
His voice sounds old, and carries the weight of quite a bit of knowledge and pain.

"Sorry, but I don't think we are quite in the right situation to be making friends and chatting. The asylum is overrun by all of those lunatics and these monsters that can look like anyone! Can't trust ya."

The older man thinks it over for a few seconds, his face obviously scrunching up in thought, before speaking again.

"Okay, here it is. Bring me a few of freshly dead dopplegangers, and I'll think about trusting ya. Around three should do the trick."


Female Human Conjurer//Blackblade Kensai Magus 1 HP: 2/10 | AC: 16 / T: 12 / FF: 14 | Fort: +4, Ref: +2, Will: +2 | CMB: +2, CMD: 13 | Init: +5, Perception: +0 | Dimensional Steps 6/7, Arcane Pool 2/5

Aoife raises an eyebrow, "Why do I get the feeling this is more about you wanting us to take out your trash more than anything else? Whatever, we- or at least I'll- do your little quest."


Female Elf Witch (seducer, winter witch) and Cavalier (sister-in-arms) 1 (Gestalt) HP 8/10 | AC 18 | T 12 | FF 16| CMD 15 | Fort +2 | Ref +2| Will +1 | Init +3 | Perc + 5

As one of “all of those lunatics,” Prasitis wonders if she should almost be offended. At least I’m not here of my own free will. At least, I don’t think? And yes, these poor souls are in over their heads, I shouldn’t wonder, but then who let themselves get stuck this far into hostile territory?

They don’t look exactly like conscripts, but then she’s still hardly in a position to judge what’s surely looking like a regrettable career choice at the moment.

She sets all such thoughts aside. It would probably be easier to focus, she imagines, if she had more of her past to draw on. Right now, she’s working on scraps and instinct. She decides to trust the latter, for the moment.

“Through there, then?” she says, gesturing in the direction the guards were training their crossbows, with what she hopes is reassuringly gallant confidence. “I trust we can rely on you to provide supporting fire if necessary?”

Finally, as she prepares to head off in whatever direction the guards indicate, the witch adds casually, “Anything else we should know about, before we bring you your monsters?”


Female CG Aasimar (Human Looking) Amnesiac Psychic/Psychic Blood Arcanist 1 | HP: 6/7 | AC: 14 (12 Tch, 12 Fl) | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | F: +1, R: +2, W: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +4, SM: +4 | Speed 30ft | Arcane Reservoir: 2/4, Phrenic Pool: 3/3 | Active conditions: None| Image|
Spells::
1st DC 15: Psychic - 4/4 Arcanist - 2/3

Kioku shivers at the thought of facing more of those vile creatures. "I understand not trusting us. After what I saw down there, they can obviously BE anyone. Which brings me to my question. How are we supposed to tell a doppleganger from someone who is another survivor of..." Kioku pauses and looks around with an uncertain look before continuing "whatever is going on here. I mean... we can't be the only ones still alive right?"

When we killed the doppleganger downstairs, did its body look different or did it still look human? Can you tell a doppleganger corpse from the person it was copying?


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Veda, looking at the crossbows pointed at them, stays in the back silently, until the "quest" is given and suspicions are raised.
What a good idea! Send forth a bunch of women in gowns to slay the horrible monsters! We don't even know if you're the ones who brought us here, or what this place actually is. But yeah, better than getting shot down I guess. Apologies will cost you later.
She turns, looking for the next exit, whispering let's go before they change their mind.


"I understand this is a confusing time for you, if you are still human, that is, but you have to understand where we're coming from. I can't really trust you unless you can prove that you have no qualms killing dopplegangers." the captain responds wearily, obviously understanding.

"Well, this is Briarstone Asylum. No, I didn't bring you here, but I don't know who you are or why you're here. All I know is that people are turning into monsters, and those that don't turn are killed or go crazy."

He points a hand down the long hall in front of the barricade.
"The dopplegangers stay down that way, occasionally venturing this way to attempt to brute force their way in, but they haven't yet. Head down that way and bring me three dead dopplegangers and we can talk more."


"I understand this is a confusing time for you, if you are still human, that is, but you have to understand where we're coming from. I can't really trust you unless you can prove that you have no qualms killing dopplegangers." the captain responds wearily, obviously understanding.

"Well, this is Briarstone Asylum. No, I didn't bring you here, but I don't know who you are or why you're here. All I know is that people are turning into monsters, and those that don't turn are killed or go crazy."

He points a hand down the long hall in front of the barricade.
"The dopplegangers stay down that way, occasionally venturing this way to attempt to brute force their way in, but they haven't yet. Head down that way and bring me three dead dopplegangers and we can talk more."


AC 18, 14, 14 hp 12 Fort +3, Ref +7, Will +2; +2 vs. enchantments Immune sleep Init +6; Senses darkvision 120 ft., detect balance; Perception +6

Hearing this, Veda turns around.
Wait a moment, can you proof you aren't a doppelganger? Maybe this is just a conflict between different doppelganger factions. Or a trap.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

51 to 100 of 171 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Aeons Gameplay! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.