[PbP Gameday VIII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Haunting of Hinojai (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Maps & Handouts


451 to 472 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gargoyle | Base Form | Neutral Good

"Fool. Afraid. Failure." Cirri barks at Minasko's remains. "Riddlewhipple, wait, I'll help you.'

Cirri spends some time flying over and loosening her favorite Faerie Dragon. "All of this wealth. All of this knowledge... She could have helped so many people. All of this should be in a museum.'

She takes a moment. "Once we clear this place out of threats, we have two people to return to their homes... neither will be fun."


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

With the true death of Minasako the aura of tension and dread that had filled the air within Hinojai slowly begins to disperse and even with having lost one of your own in this endeavor, it feels as though a weight has lifted from your shoulders.

Still, you're all eager to finish your explorations and be shut of this place. While Cirri returns to help Riddywhipple free himself from the tentacles that still flail about in the room behind you Ingrge and Akazim have a look around the spacious bedroom. The doesn't seem to be much in terms of material wealth but among the penanggalen's ashes you do find a small amber stone that radiates a magical aura and tucked into the pocket of the apron that her lower half was wearing is a plain, shapeless hat that also registers as magical.

Detect Magic + Spellcraft - Hat (DC 16):

It's a Hat of Disguise.

Detect Magic + Spellcraft - Amber Stone (DC 27):

Woooo, it's a (normal) Amber Spindle Ioun Stone.

You find no other magical items but among the ledgers on Minasako's desk you do find several that contain rosters of many members of the Way of the Kirin from the previous century, not just from Minkai, but all across Tian Xia! Even though the information is old, it would still surely be of interest to Amara Li.

Finally, tucked away in one of the desk drawers you encounter a journal. Written in Tien, it appears to be a chronicle written by Minasako herself. Not only does it detail her early work with the Way of the Kirin but it also documents the effort she went to see to its survival after the fall of Imperial Lung Wa. At first, these efforts came in the form of monetary contributions and the use of her own personal, noble influence. Yet over time what appears to have been altruistic motives borne from genuine belief in the Way's mission and tenets slowly gives way to dark obsession.

In her journal, Minasako writes of her visit to a local wise-woman named Garrigai who had once offered her the means to cheat death, as she believed that given enough time, she could serve as an anchor for her scattered brethren and bring the Way of the Kirin back into prominence. The two women worked closely together and over time Garrigai slowly encouraged Minasako to resort to darker and darker methods to fuel her quest for immortality. While Garrigai didn't live to see Minasako complete her transformation into a penanggalen her work had been done, for after her death she rose as a witchfire. The journal notes, with some irony, that witchfires are only spawned from the deaths of particularly vicious and wicked hags or witches; apparently Garrigai had concealed her true nature well.

But by this point in her writings Minasako had clearly long-since passed beyond the point of redemption. The rest of her entries, spread out over the decades, detail her efforts to cultivate an aura of fear and mystery about Hinojai in order to avoid prying eyes. By choosing her victims with care, making sure to only take passing travelers and those foolish enough to come to Hinojai, she gave the rumors surrounding her home an element of truth and that largely proved enough to keep her lair secret and safe through the years. And for extra insurance there was the outcast wayang Dagagal, to whom she offered shelter in return for his aid in keeping Hinojai secure - especially during the days where she was scheduled to work in Nagura at the Kami's Whisper, disguised as a mortal woman. Not only did this job allow her the means to regularly pilfer the ingredients needed to ferment the vinegar to keep her 'body' preserved but it also allowed her to keep abreast of any news in the region...and to get advance warning of anyone in town asking too many questions about her former life or Hinojai.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Cirri returns to her normal form, in time to look at the equipment the woman left behind.

Spellcraft vs Stone: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (9) + 16 = 25

She frowns. "This is a hat of disguise, but... I don't know what the stone is."

All she can do is frown as she reads Minasako's journal. "Immortality has a price. It always has a price." She sighs. "That wayang will be a problem, but... we can help him later. Hopefully he didn't pick up any advice from her."

The Exchange

Male N Half-Elf Occultist (Battle-Host) 8 | HP: 75/75 | AC: 25 (T 12 / FF 24) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +13, R: +6, W: +9 | Speed 30ft | Mental Focus: Trans 9/14 :: Abj 4/6 | Spells 1 = 4 / 6 :: 2 = 4 / 6 :: 3 = 2 / 3| Active conditions: None

"Ah, that explains what 'Garrigai's formulae' was that the wayang referenced in his journal. Interesting, though well outside my bailiwick. It will certainly add to the Society's knowledge of the dark arts and the fate of the Way, though."

Turning to the young magus, Akazim puts out his hand for the unknown stone. "May I take a look at it, Cirri?"

Spellcraft, guidance: 1d20 + 15 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 15 + 1 = 32

"Ah, it is an ioun stone that improves one's resistances to a variety of effects. But honestly, not much more useful than most adventurers' cloaks, nor would it work in concert with one. But I suppose it was hard to wear a cloak in her .. new ... form."

"Cirri is correct that we must attend to both Seiko and Abaal. I think returning Seiko home will be a rather positive endeavor, myself. As to the swordsman's fate, let us see if he has a will or other instructions on him first," Akazim concludes as he goes to check Abaal's body to see if there are any instructions for what to do with him (and his sword) in the event of an untimely death.

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 |
Akazim wrote:
As he makes his way over to the writing desk, he considers Abaal's future. I do wonder if he has made arrangements with the Society to be raised from death. If not, his sword would make a fine addition to the Museum's collection....

Over my dead--oh, wait....

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

Sorry, been a busy AF last couple days here, but I'm back!

Hanlin does a fistpump as Iomedae (and his friends) vaporize the creepy woman and her uncomfortable looking organs. "Looks like the good guys win again. Let's finish looking around, gather up the important stuff, and get those two back to town." He looks around at the team, who's way ahead of him.

"I'm sure we can find SOME clergy from one of our churches with the right clearance to bring Abaal back from the dead. I can ask HER to remove some of the residual shock to his system." He smiles then looks around and whispers "She's got a soft spot for diamond dust. With enough of it you can really get her to agree to most anything. So they say." He grins and slings his shield back over his shoulder and starts sweeping up the remains of the woman into a pillow case.


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Satisfied that you've done your very best to both learn the secrets of Hinojai and cleanse it of the evil within you waste little time in gathering up Abaal's body and the still-injured Seiko before swiftly making your way back to the village of Nagura.

As expected, your return to the village creates quite the scene; not only are the locals astonished to see you come back from Hinojai but they're even more amazed that you managed to rescue Seiko, who had been thought lost. It takes some time for the uproar to calm down but you do finally get a chance to explain just what happened out at the house and what you discovered there. While some of the villagers initially dismiss your story as being terribly exaggerated at best and total nonsense at worst, this skepticism is quickly quashed when you produce both Minasako's diary and Dagagal's writings as proof. The citizens of Nagura then spend the rest of the day and a good portion of the night in both celebration of your victory as well as remembrance of all the lives that Minasako's schemes claimed over the last century - including Abaal's. And though none of the local clergy possess the power to return the slain Abaal to life they do help out with a Gentle Repose spell, free of charge, which lasts you until you can make it to the much larger capital of Kasai - which is on your way back to Goka anyway.

With the exception of Abaal's return from the Boneyard the rest of your trip back to Goka is as blessedly uneventful as your journey to Nagura was. Before you know it you find yourself standing in front of an expectant Amara Li who is clearly quite pleased to see you all again.

"You have returned - wonderful! How did it go? Were you able to learn anything of Hinojai?"
______________

As always, feel free to back-fill anything you might've done during the remainder of your stay in Nagura and/or the journey back to Goka~

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Cirri nods and bows and shakes hands as they come along- she can't speak the language well, but she is glad to celebrate. She is especially glad to help Naomi with Seiko.

"Remember to tell the priests she has a fever and is weak from malnourishment. Other than that, she will recover in a few days." She gives Naomi a hug. "You were so brave to come to us."

"Can someone translate what I'm saying to Tien?"
---

Back in Goka, Cirri personally attends Abaal's raising. It's the least she could do. Even Riddywhipple dresses up for the occasion.

---

Back in Goka, Cirri recalls her adventure with a lot of remorse. "We were able to save a villager, and we got Abaal back, but we couldn't save other people. So many lives lost so Minasako could extend hers. If you call... that... extending."

"The fear of death and the loss of purpose are huge motivators. She chose to steal life and cheat death. I... I want to spend my remaining days leaving a mark on the world, for the better. Immortality is achieved through your deeds and memories of your descendants. Minasako misunderstood this when the Way of the Kirin fell, and she was tempted into darkness."

"The hauntings are real, they all revolve around the murders Minasako performed to extend her life. A horrible hag whispered secrets into her ear and lead her astray. But with her finally destroyed" -she points at Hanlin's ash collection- "We can clean up the place. Her wayang ally will need to be tracked down, but I don't think he'll return there."

"I need to copy some spells for later, but otherwise I think we cleaned up the Hinojai manse and saved some lives. We did good."

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf LG Urban Ranger 4/Zen Archer 3 | HP:49/52 AC:24 T:17 FF:17 | CMB:8 CMD:25 | F:+8 R:+13 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +21

Ingrge would have made sure to secure Abaal’s sword if no one else had already done so...

The ranger is perfectly content to let Cirri give the debrief...

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male N Half-Elf Occultist (Battle-Host) 8 | HP: 75/75 | AC: 25 (T 12 / FF 24) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +13, R: +6, W: +9 | Speed 30ft | Mental Focus: Trans 9/14 :: Abj 4/6 | Spells 1 = 4 / 6 :: 2 = 4 / 6 :: 3 = 2 / 3| Active conditions: None

Having found papers on Abaal's body that were written in a beautiful calligraphy and detailed the resources and arrangements he'd made in the event of his untimely death, Akazim quickly loses interest in the Sword of Katapesh. He lets Ingrge secure the black blade, and is aware of but unconcerned with the arrangements that the clerics make, except to offer to fund his share of the cost of the dust also.

In Nagura, Akazim acts as translator for Cirri and everyone else. He does his best to explain what happened, but finds that with so many people and so much excitement, his tendency to be long-winded leaves him unable to add the details he'd like and so resigns himself to being the designated translator. Then, after all the celebrations have died down, he finds the lady from the Kami's Whisper and gets another hot stone massage to help him relax.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Upon their return to Goka, he allows Cirri to give her brief-briefing before asking Amara Li if she might have time for a more detailed debrief. Perhaps over a pot of hojicha, a specialty tea from Minkai that he picked up in Kasai? And would her new intern, Tsamara, be available to attend also?

During the part about rescuing Seiko-chan, Amara-Li offhandedly asks him what password he set on the alarm spell. The old half-elf blushes as he looks at Tsamara. Clearly embarrassed, he initially stumbles through his "logic" for choosing the password. Finished, he takes a deep breath, and then admits quite bluntly that he'd been thinking about her quite a bit on the trip.

On their way out of the garden after the 2-hour debrief (and assorted impromptu history lessons), Akazim asks Tsamara, "I heard that you completed your first mission with the Society. Would you like to go hang some suncatchers, and tell me all about it along the way?" As he asks, he presents to her the rainbow-design suncatcher that he had made specifically for her in Nagura.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

Hanlin grins as Akazim starts laying on some charm. He's clearly pretty smitten with that kitten. I'm not sure I could get past the full body fur. Maybe its pretty cozy though?

Hanlin leaves Akazim to his mission, not wanting to stand in someone else's way. "Quite the little hideout, full of lots of history. Your choice to send Akazim and his knowledge with us was very helpful. Abaal as well knew his stuff."

"I'm glad we were able to solve the mystery pickling problem. Quite the curveball walking into a kitchen barren of food besides a ton of vinegar. Hopefully the haunts can be cleansed and the town can put that building to better use."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 |
Cirri Merryweather wrote:
Back in Goka, Cirri personally attends Abaal's raising. It's the least she could do. Even Riddywhipple dresses up for the occasion.
Ingrge wrote:
Ingrge would have made sure to secure Abaal’s sword if no one else had already done so...

Abaal's lifeless body lays upon the a slab of polished stone in the apse of the the temple of the little known Minkan divinity, Yunohoo, the minor patron goddess of those who take cuts in long lines, or who slip out of one theater, and into another, without paying for the second show.

Once the diamond dust and money is placed upon the collection plate, the high priestesses bid everyone not of the faith to wait out in the narthex where some of the cult's older women folk have prepared some morning tempura, and candied squid eyes available for small donation.

The two priestesses converse while group exits.

"彼らはあなたにすべてを与えただけですか?" asks the elder, more matronly priestess looking a bit confused.

"私は女神がそれを要求したと彼らに言いました。" says the younger woman with a smile.

"言う、私はそれを考えていなかった。" says her elder apparently catching on.

Minkaian:
"So they just gave you all that?"

"I told them that the goddess demanded it."

"Say, I hadn't thought of that."


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 | Alignment CG HP 43/43 | AC 23 (T 16 FF 19) | Saves 8/6/9 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

Riddywhipple chuckles as they leave the temple. "Oh, Cirri. They don't even need the-"

"Riddy! Show some respect!" Cirri snaps back.

Riddy falls silent and keeps the secret to himself. Only his grin gives away the truth.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 |

Later, in a recovery chamber.

"This isn't necromancy is it? Abaal will be no one's undead abomination!"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:
Abaal Zadeir, Sword of Katapesh wrote:

Later, in a recovery chamber.

"This isn't necromancy is it? Abaal will be no one's undead abomination!"

"Hard to say for sure if we got all your organs arranged properly. Best to give it a week or so and let them know if everything is working as intended." Hanlin grins as Abaal wakes up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Amara Li is silent, eyes closed, taking in all that you've reported, about Hinojai and Minasako and the Way of the Kirin but also about the human cost. The girl you saved and all the lives that were lost - and regained, in Abaal's case.

Cirri wrote:
"We did good."

She nods to herself and slowly opens her eyes. She smiles.

"Yes, you did. Well done, Pathfinders. While I'm very sorry that the experience turned out to be as dangerous and traumatic as it was, especially for you Abaal, I'm thankful that not only did you return with the information we sought but that you managed to put an end to a century's worth of death and torment in the region and prevent further loss of life."

And whether she's somehow omniscient or simply has reliable intelligence on each of your natures, the venture-captain is quick to add, "That said, I'm aware that there may still be some concerns about the wayang accomplice or the spirits you encountered inside the house. I will send other agents to keep an eye on the house and Nagura for a time. Now that we have a better idea of what we're dealing with we can be prepared should the wayang be foolish enough to return to Hinojai. We can also work to appease the spirits of her victims, though I'm told such things often require very precise steps to be taken."

"But for now, please, relax and enjoy yourselves here at the lodge and in Goka," Amara Li smiles, as she rises to her feet and moves to usher everyone out. "I'm sure that each of you will be called upon again sooner rather than later, so make the most of your free time while you have it. The city is beautiful and there are many sights to see."

As she opens the door to usher all of you out - except for Akazim who is rather noticeably remaining where he is - she's greeted by the sight of the young catfolk from earlier, Tsamara. "Ah, excellent timing Agent Tsamara. We were just finishing up; please, come in and have a seat and we'll get started in just a moment..."
______________

Another post to follow, please stand by~

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP: 10/10 l AC: 17, T 13, FF 14 l CMD 13 l F +2, R +3, W +3; +4 vs. charm, compulsion, curse | Luminous Form (1/1) l Cat's Luck (1/1) l L1: 4/4 l Init +4 l Senses: Perception -1, Low-Light Vision
Skills:
Climb +5, Diplomacy +7, Kn. Local/Nature/Planes/Religion +6, Linguistics +3, Spellcraft +6
Female CG Catfolk Oracle (Spirit Guide) 1 | Active Conditions:

Though she'd been a bit surprised to be requested to sit in on a more detailed debriefing of the mission the senior Pathfinder agents had been sent on, Tsamara didn't mind. It had been good to hear that they'd mostly come back alive and that the one who hadn't, the rather eccentric but talkative swordsman, had the resources to be recalled from beyond death's door.

As she finds herself being ushered into Amara Li's office she's even more surprised to see all the senior agents being ushered out. No, wait, not all of them. Sitting there in a chair, it's-

"Oh, Akazim! Hello again! So it's just you giving the debrief?"
______________

It's a rather lengthy, but thankfully mostly-interesting and occasionally hair-raising debrief. History really wasn't Tsamara's forte and likely never would be but it was as easy to see now as it was that day at the market that it was important to Akazim and she'd been sincere when she'd promised to try and pay more attention to his lectures.

But still, she had to admit to herself that more action-y parts of the story were the best parts, as horrible as they were.

When Akazim reaches the part about the password he'd used for his spell, the catfolk slowly blinks and then looks at the half-elf. A Chesire-cat grin spreads across her face. "I get that a lot. Were you impressed by my suncatcher-hanging skills? My radiant fur, shining in the sun? Or maybe the mystery of why I have opposable thumbs when the great cats and the tiny housecats don't?" she teases. "It's okay. I understand. I've been told that ones like me are a rare sight in most other parts of the world. Many visiting agents are curious about me if they see me, some more than others."

"And that's okay. I'm usually curious about them, too!"

And it's true. Later, when the debriefing is done, she's only too happy to accept Akazim's invitation, her expression brightening when he presents the suncatcher he'd had made for her. "You remembered! Oh yes, let's go, today is a perfect day - the sun's just right and there's only a little breeze so they won't flap all over the place or get blown down."

What a wonderful chance to learn more about her newest friend.

"And yes, I went on my very first mission! Some other junior agents and I, we went to Kwanlai to find out why guardians of a local temple had stopped sending reports up to Heaven..."

And him of her.
______________

Another post to follow, please stand by~


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Time passes and you spend many a relaxing day in the city of Goka. Though each of you largely go about your own business while waiting for your next call to action, you do get relatively regular updates from Amara Li about the village of Nagura and Hinojai.

Thankfully, it's all good news.

Without the threat of Hinojai hanging over Nagura and the surrounding area, life there is apparently improving substantially. The locals no longer fear staying out after sundown or straying too far from their homes and traffic along the roads in the region picks up as people feel more secure in traveling to and from the region.

Though Amara Li's secondary agents were met with noticeable difficulty in attempting to appease the restless spirits haunting the home, apparently the death of the one who tormented them in life was ultimately enough to settle them. Within a month's time, reports arrive that Hinojai is haunted no more and that all sighting of spirits and other paranormal activity has ceased entirely. Rumors begin to circulate that the Decemvirate themselves are interested in acquiring the property as a regional base in the hopes of tempting the Way of the Kirin to initiate contact, but who can say for sure?

And Cirri one morning finds herself the recipient of a letter from Naomi. Well, technically two letters, for one of them is written in a rather rough, beginner's level Common, and the other in fluent Tien. Both offer news that Seiko's health is steadily improving and the girl's regrets that she never really got a chance to meet her rescuers before the group had to leave Nagura. Both offer up the news that life in Nagura has gotten so much better now that Hinojai is quiet and the spirits rest easy. And both close with the same two words - Thank you.

Fin.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf LG Urban Ranger 4/Zen Archer 3 | HP:49/52 AC:24 T:17 FF:17 | CMB:8 CMD:25 | F:+8 R:+13 W:+5 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +21

Ingrge, inwardly ecstatic that Abaal is once more among the living, tries not to show it so much on the outside. He nods curtly to his friend, presents the sword he’s been caring for back to the Daring Blade of Katapesh, saying simply, ”Flyn will be glad to hear you’re not dead...”

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 |
Hanlin wrote:
Abaal Zadeir, Sword of Katapesh wrote:

Later, in a recovery chamber.

"This isn't necromancy is it? Abaal will be no one's undead abomination!"

"Hard to say for sure if we got all your organs arranged properly. Best to give it a week or so and let them know if everything is working as intended." Hanlin grins as Abaal wakes up.

Abaal's eyes narrow.

"Yes. For now though it would be enough get my sword back, and perhaps a pair of trousers."

Ingrge wrote:
Ingrge, inwardly ecstatic that Abaal is once more among the living, tries not to show it so much on the outside. He nods curtly to his friend, presents the sword he’s been caring for back to the Daring Blade of Katapesh, saying simply, ”Flyn will be glad to hear you’re not dead...”

"FLYN?! HERE?!" Suddenly alert, Abaal rolls from the pallet, and attempts to drag all of his companions to the floor behind whatever cover is available.

Later.

Tsamara the Luminous wrote:

Though she'd been a bit surprised to be requested to sit in on a more detailed debriefing of the mission the senior Pathfinder agents had been sent on, Tsamara didn't mind. It had been good to hear that they'd mostly come back alive and that the one who hadn't, the rather eccentric but talkative swordsman, had the resources to be recalled from beyond death's door.

As she finds herself being ushered into Amara Li's office she's even more surprised to see all the senior agents being ushered out. No, wait, not all of them. Sitting there in a chair, it's-

"Oh, Akazim! Hello again! So it's just you giving the debrief?"

"I would have come sooner myself to tell my part of the tale but I had already been 'debriefed' in a fashion and was looking to be fully rebriefed before my arrival."

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Cirri's glad the town has improved significantly. And there's one less ghost (or undead, or whatever) terrorizing the folk.

Cirri takes some time in Goka to learn the local language. With her downtime she's had the opportunity to improve her fighting style and to practice her new magic.

"Wait a minute... hmm... okay, carry the one... oh! I got it! The fourth sphere of magic!" Cirri claps as feathers burst forth and her feet turn to talons.

"Oops, triggered a harpy form. Oh well, may as well enjoy the flight!" Cirri flaps her wings and flies out of town for a few minutes. She giggles as her wings somehow provide enough lift to keep her afloat.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

Hanlin spends an extended time in the area, happy to learn the local language, as well as the language of the song birds. By the time his next mission is mustered he feels much more confident in himself, not to mention some extra time spent with the blade.

"I think its time to spread the word of Iomedae once again. Goodbye Goka!"

Level 8 fun time!

451 to 472 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VIII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Haunting of Hinojai All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.