[PbP Gameday VIII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Haunting of Hinojai (Inactive)

Game Master Lady Ladile

Maps & Handouts


401 to 450 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 48/{51}56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | 1 neg level
Malusha wrote:

I don't think I have anyway of bring Abaal back. I need one more character level to get raise dead or breath of life. Is there something else anyone knows about that I could do?

I certainly hope you aren't asking me. Abaal was just ready to settle into his starring role of what I assume is a Weekend at Bernie's sequel--Weekend at Bernie's Dungeon. ;)

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Cirri takes a look at the masks.

Appraise: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19 But who can focus on wealth at a time like this? Evil has claimed a good friend.

"Anyone see anything in this room?" Cirri keeps her staff at the ready.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25
Riddy's Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

The Exchange

Male N Half-Elf Occultist (Battle-Host) 8 | HP: 75/75 | AC: 25 (T 12 / FF 24) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +13, R: +6, W: +9 | Speed 30ft | Mental Focus: Trans 9/14 :: Abj 4/6 | Spells 1 = 4 / 6 :: 2 = 4 / 6 :: 3 = 2 / 3| Active conditions: None

Having laid the swordsman to rest for now and warded the room, Akazim's eye is caught by the items in their midst. A mere glance tells him the value of the masks, but he is more curious about what the swords may reveal.

While Ingrge inspects the door, Akazim hefts one of the magical swords then sits on the floor cross legged, the katana across his thighs as a samurai might. He places his hands on the weapon and lets his mind drift. Not randomly, but slowly down through his arms and fingertips, and eventually into the blade itself. Therein he sees its history. And that of the man who wielded it....

Having learned what he can, he replaces the blade in its holder in the room before rejoining his comrades in the library. "Books and maps and scrolls, oh my!" he says barely able to keep his voice down.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20
Appraise: 1d20 + 20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 2 = 33

"Would one of you mind checking for magic while I, ummm, appraise the value of these books?"

Tapping the Appraise check on the masks with his +20.

Using Object Reading Occultist ability on a katana: ... an occultist learns how to read information from items he examines. Examining an item in this way requires him to spend 1 minute handling the item. ... If the item has any historical significance, the occultist learns one piece of information about its past (as determined by the GM). Finally, if the item was last used no longer than 8 days ago, he learns one piece of information about the last creature to use the item. This information might be a glimpse of the creature’s appearance, a brief vision of what it saw while using the item, or perhaps its emotional state when it last used the item. The GM determines what information is gained in this way. ... A battle host can use object reading on only weapons, armor, and shields. (edited for brevity. poorly.)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha follows into the east room. He takes a few moments to go around the room searching for magical auras.

Cast Detect Magic everywhere

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

As the others detect for magics, Hanlin remembers he too can detect.. poisons. He asks his holiness for the power and scans for poisons. "Cannot be too careful with this Mistress considering the visions we've seen so far. Let's not dally too long just yet though, protective magics only last so long you know."

I'd like to save anything that is more time consuming than detections until we clear the rooms since well, spells don't last forever!. Hanlin will recast shield of faith on himself before going into the library room.

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf LG Urban Ranger 4/Zen Archer 4 | HP:58/58 AC:24 T:24 FF:17 | CMB:9 CMD:28 | F:+9 R:+14 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23

Ingrge kneels sadly by Abaal’s body before continuing on to the next room. ”I’m sorry my bow failed you my friend...if I had been a better shot, you’d still be alive. I wish Flyn had been here instead...rest well and I will take care of your bow...”

Upon entering the next room, Ingrge will check out the room, to include the two doors...

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (15) + 21 = 36

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 48/{51}56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | 1 neg level

I hope no one is waiting on my actions. ;)

Abaal lays ready to spring into action the moment his player finishes reading his copy of Ghostwalk.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 48/{51}56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | 1 neg level

Abaal remains absolutely still.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

Hanlin looks back at Abaal's corpse, then turns to the others "Did he just move? Nah..." Then goes back to scanning for poisons.

The GM is still alive, I think she's been busy lately but should soon return!


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Akazim:

As you focus on the blade in your hands bits of visions and surges of emotion flash across your mind....

<"Ah yes, you see, your past history is somewhat troubling and I am afraid that the Way of the Kirin only allows those of strong, noble character into their ranks...">

Anger and the burning shame of rejection.

[Gods, is this really what the rest of my life's going to be? Taking the jobs no one else wants just to get enough to maybe have a pot to piss in for a few nights?]

Boredom and despair.

<"Oh yes, I can offer you and your friend all the gold you could ever want or need - much more than you would have gotten for serving the Way of the Kirin, yes? In return, all you need do is serve me and handle a few tasks for me from time to time. Others may find them unsavory but you...well, I always do my research and I know that the two of you have never been one to shy away from a little necessary bloodshed from time to time, hmm?">

Glee...security...and a sense of purpose.

<"Yes, my lady. I will serve you loyally for all my days.">

And the last thing you hear as the visions fade, is the woman's reply...

<"And beyond...">

While Akazim lingers behind for a few moments to examine one of the blades you recovered from the skeletons the rest of you proceed into the library to have a look around. Neither Malusha nor Hanlin are able to locate any auras of magic or poison, but it's still clear that this room has seen regular use compared to many of the others that you've explored in the house. The maps spread out on the center table depict the division of territories and nations prior to the fall of the Lung Wa empire. The papers are examples of recent attempts to practice calligraphy, as indicated by the relative freshness of the parchment and inks. Finally, the books cover a range of different topics from art and philosophy, to economics and military strategy.

Ingrge's examination of the two doors that exit this room reveal neither of them to be trapped or locked...and as before, the house remains eerily silent except for the sounds of your own footsteps.

Second Floor

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Cirri moves up to the door. "We need to be careful here. Everything is staying quiet until we approach."

Cirri would kick down the door but maybe someone else wants to scout?

The Exchange

Male N Half-Elf Occultist (Battle-Host) 8 | HP: 75/75 | AC: 25 (T 12 / FF 24) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +13, R: +6, W: +9 | Speed 30ft | Mental Focus: Trans 9/14 :: Abj 4/6 | Spells 1 = 4 / 6 :: 2 = 4 / 6 :: 3 = 2 / 3| Active conditions: None

Akazim opens his eyes slowly as the vision ends, but the woman's voice lingers in his mind. He sets the blade back with the rest of the loot from the undead guardians and joins his remaining comrades in the library.

"The skeletons were mercenaries originally employed to do unsavory deeds on behalf of the Way but to which the Way could not be associated. They were lured with promises of vast amounts of gold, and then enchanted into undeath, presumably by Minasako. It was certainly not the wayang's voice I heard in the sword...."

"Speaking of whom, we've not seen him either since he fled."

He gestures to the opposite door closest to where Ingrge stands. "Whenever you are ready, my friend."


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Pick a door, any door! You've got the northern door or the eastern door :)

The Exchange

Male N Half-Elf Occultist (Battle-Host) 8 | HP: 75/75 | AC: 25 (T 12 / FF 24) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +13, R: +6, W: +9 | Speed 30ft | Mental Focus: Trans 9/14 :: Abj 4/6 | Spells 1 = 4 / 6 :: 2 = 4 / 6 :: 3 = 2 / 3| Active conditions: None
GM Ladile wrote:
Pick a door, any door! You've got the northern door or the eastern door :)

I was trying to indicate that we should go ahead and take the Eastern door.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

"I can offer up a blessing on someone's weapon so it strikes fully against a creature's protections. My sword doesn't get drawn as often as it once did so the blessing would be best used on one of yours..." He looks to the others. Bless Weapon. 7 min duration.

He nods in the ready to go.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Cirri nods at the Eastern door. "Hanlin. I can... I'll do it. Bless my quarterstaff. I know Abaal would have loved this opportunity. I'll do it in his stead."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Riddywhipple's Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha watches warily. "That door seems as good as any other. Let's just hurry. I'd like to be done here as soon as possible."

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 48/{51}56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | 1 neg level
Hanlin wrote:
The GM is still alive, I think she's been busy lately but should soon return!

Why is it that GMs never leave botting directions? **Throws hands up in wild and bewildered exasperation** ;)


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |
Akazim wrote:
I was trying to indicate that we should go ahead and take the Eastern door.

Ah yes, I see it now. My mistake!

Deciding to carry on Abaal's legacy of kicking down doors, Cirri puts her foot (or quarterstaff) through the eastern door once Hanlin has blessed it and everyone else indicates their readiness.

*CRUNCH*

As before, the door offers little resistance and Cirri has no trouble breaching it. It falls away to reveal a spacious room that appears to be almost too large for its occupant. A small and rumpled futon sits in the corner, next to a low table covered with dirty cups and plates. Books are casually strewn about the floor, and the entire room reeks of incense.

Behind the Scenes:

Hanlin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
Ingrge: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (17) + 21 = 38
Akazim: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17
Malusha.: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

Though neither Cirri nor Riddywhipple initially spot it, everyone else - Hanlin, Ingrge, Akazim, and Malusha - all find their eyes drawn to a rather obvious book-shaped bulge hidden underneath the futon. Further perusal reveals it to be an arcane spellbook!

Recovered Spellbook:

6th - Chain Lightning, Freezing Sphere
5th - Cone of Cold, Interposing Hand, Telekinesis, Teleport
4th — Greater Invisibility, Ice Storm, Shadow Conjuration, Shout, Wall of Ice
3rd — Dispel Magic, Displacement, Fly, Lightning Bolt, Major Image, Slow, Wind Wall
2nd — Blur, Gust of Wind, Invisibility, Minor Image, Scorching Ray
1st — Alarm, Burning Hands, Charm Person, Grease, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, Shield
Cantrips - All

Optional Mood Music

Second Floor

The Exchange

Male N Half-Elf Occultist (Battle-Host) 8 | HP: 75/75 | AC: 25 (T 12 / FF 24) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +13, R: +6, W: +9 | Speed 30ft | Mental Focus: Trans 9/14 :: Abj 4/6 | Spells 1 = 4 / 6 :: 2 = 4 / 6 :: 3 = 2 / 3| Active conditions: None
GM Ladile wrote:
... for its occupant.

Its what??? There's no one here, right? I'm going to presume this is an either/or situation and the "occupant" isn't here currently due to plot reasons related to something we did or did not do earlier.

Akazim looks over the text and quickly hands it to Cirri who seems not to have noticed it. "I think this is more in line with your mystical tradition, my young friend. It's nothing I can use. These others, though..." he trails off as he begins poking through the books on the floor.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

Hanlin moves in and scans the rooms for poisons because well, he's never been so great at picking out things and maybe just maybe he can impress someone by finding a poisoned trap. "Spellbook? Maybe its from that invisible bugger that zapped all that static into my undershirt down in the telescope room."

He doesn't take long to scan the room, impressing on the importance of keeping things moving for the sake of magical protections and the like.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

"Time is of the essence. I'd love to read through it once my staff's blessing wears off."

"But wow, there's a lot of spells in here... mostly ice and lightning."

Once the party finishes searching around, Cirri and Riddywhipple prepare to open the Northern Door.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Riddywhipple's Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf LG Urban Ranger 4/Zen Archer 4 | HP:58/58 AC:24 T:24 FF:17 | CMB:9 CMD:28 | F:+9 R:+14 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23

Ingrge checks out the door before Cirri opens it...

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32

...and then drops back to cover her as she does...


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |
Akazim wrote:
Its what??? There's no one here, right? I'm going to presume this is an either/or situation and the "occupant" isn't here currently due to plot reasons related to something we did or did not do earlier.

No, this room is empty. I meant that it's clear that someone has been living here but that the room seems pretty big for just a single occupant.

Though feeling an inexplicable need to hurry you do continue to do your due diligence with Akazim nosing through some of the other books on the floor of the bedroom while Ingrge sets about inspecting the northern door that exits the library.

Behind the Scenes:

Akazim Linguistics: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

Akazim:

As you quickly flip through the tomes on the floor, one of them catches your eye. Though the title on the front and on the binding reads Soulbinder, Handbook of the Lost the contents within seem to have little to do with the binding of souls. Instead you see several pages of handwritten notes that seem to detail a ritual of transformation. Though the information appears to be incomplete it does seem to demand a number of grisly deeds be performed, from physical, mental, and emotional torture to outright murder. One step that your eye alights upon mentions how the one performing the ritual must drink copious amount of fluid from their victims after they had suffered; there's even a footnote to this:

She once bragged to me that she would have her goons seal victims in the wine casks in the cellar - alive. Later, she would choke down as much of the wine as she could stomach. Perhaps it was more palatable that way? Ingenious way of interpreting Garrigai's formulae, especially if one finds the taste of blood offensive - which is rather ironic, considering the ritual's final result.

As before, Ingrge confirms that there's nothing amiss with the northern set of doors and obligingly steps back to allow Cirri the honors of opening it. The door easily slides open to reveal another spacious bedroom with a luxurious futon in the southeastern corner. Alongside it sits a writing desk with several ledgers and record books on top of it. To the northwest sits an enormous bathtub, almost the size of a vat. While the furnishings in the room are intact and of good quality, the scent of vinegar is almost overpowering.

Within the room and to no one's surprise, you find a familiar-looking Tien woman. She stands near the enormous tub, her work clothes spattered with drops of vinegar. At the sound of your arrival she turns to face you, a sly smile on her face.

"And here you are, just as I predicted. I knew you would come. You are not the first fools to venture to Hinojai nor will you be the last," Kimie, the waitress you met at the Kami's Whisper, purrs. Except that her features are also those of the mysterious woman you've seen in horrific visions and now you understand that somehow, Kimie Ateji and Minasako Himiju are one and the same. "But I'm afraid that you've caught me not properly dressed for company. Please, allow me to slip out of these wet clothes!"

As she speaks a dark line appears across her neck and a flood of dark fluid erupts from her throat in a putrid spray! Minasako's newly-severed head begins to rise above her shoulders, the internal organs being dragged noisily out of the body below which slowly slumps to the floor. All the while, her eyes regard you coldly, arrogantly.

"Don’t presume to judge me. Countless others have done worse to secure their immortality. How many murders buy a single vial of sun orchid elixir? Or do you seek the Way of the Kirin?" She chuckles throatily as she looks pointedly at the ledgers on the desk. "You’ll never find it! It’s deader than I am! Now come, it is time for you to learn just what happens to those who venture to Hinojai..."

Kn. Religion (DC 21):

You face a penanggalen! Penanggalen are dangerous undead creatures that are part vampire, part lich in nature.

For every 5 that you exceed the above DC you recall one piece of information from this list.

Who Goes First?:

Hanlin: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Ingrge: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21
Akazim: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Malusha: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Cirri: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

M: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
K: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
K. S: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

Hanlin: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Ingrge: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (12) + 21 = 33
Akazim: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14
Malusha.: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Cirri: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Riddy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (8) + 11 = 19


______________

Round 1

Akazim (Shield)
Malusha (-30)
Ingrge (Cirri's Ward Hex)

==============
Minasako
==============
Hanlin (Daylight, Shield of Faith)
Cirri (-15; Bless Weapon, Mirror Image; 2 images) + Riddywhipple

Active Conditions: None

Environmental Conditions: None

Akazim, Malusha and Ingrge are UP!

Current Map

Optional Mood Music

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

K Religion DC21: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

"Ahhh I knew you were a vampire.. or at least PART vampire. Penanggalen... undead creatures that are part vampire, part lich in nature. And part pickle apparently." Hanlin smirks.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Knowledge(religion): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Malusha looks with disgust. "What is that?" he says below his breath. "Saranrae protect us." Keeping his eyes on the creature, Malusha moves to the far end of the room. He takes his wand of bless from his bag. "You've seen these things before?" he asks Hanlin, incredulous.

Those are my two actions.

Dark Archive

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 48/{51}56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | 1 neg level

Somewhere.

Hmm. They are certainly taking their time. Surely they would not go into the final, climactic battle without the Daring Sword of Katapesh!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf LG Urban Ranger 4/Zen Archer 4 | HP:58/58 AC:24 T:24 FF:17 | CMB:9 CMD:28 | F:+9 R:+14 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23

GM: I altered my rolls to add Akazim’s granted bonuses since he technically goes before me in initiative order, if you’ll allow it. If not, no worries, pretty sure my first attack missed and assume my other two hit (a 26 and a 31) for 29 total damage.

Yeah, think we might should’ve brought back the daring sword of Katapesh for this fight...looks like it might be a tough one...

Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Ingrge deadpans, ”I’ll take your word for it...I hate the undead!”

He steps back 5’ SW and fires four arrows at the abomination...

To Hit: Dex+Base, Magic, Weapon Focus, PBS, Precise Shot, Rapid Shot, Deadly Aim, Deadeye Bowman, Point Blank Master, Manyshot, Blessing, Favored Enemy, Undead Bane
Damage: Strength, Magic, PBS, Deadly Aim, Rapid Shot, Favored Enemy, Undead Bane

Longbow (Manyshot): 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 12 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 18
Longbow (Perfect Strike): 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 24
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (3, 1) + 3 = 25
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (6, 1) + 3 = 21

Longbow (Iterative): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 7 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 29
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (6, 4) + 3 = 29

Longbow (Rapid Shot): 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 1 + 1 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 34
Magic/Cold Iron Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 + 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 + 4 + 2 + (2, 5) + 3 = 25

Perfect Strike uses: 2/4

The Exchange

Male N Half-Elf Occultist (Battle-Host) 8 | HP: 75/75 | AC: 25 (T 12 / FF 24) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +13, R: +6, W: +9 | Speed 30ft | Mental Focus: Trans 9/14 :: Abj 4/6 | Spells 1 = 4 / 6 :: 2 = 4 / 6 :: 3 = 2 / 3| Active conditions: None

posting from phone. On a beach. Sorry for no RP.

Akazim touches Ingrge's bow to grant it Bane Undead & a little extra magical power.

+3 to hit, +2d6+3 damage

Ninja'd by the Ranger! Was hoping to post before he did so he could add the bonuses


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

No worries; I'll let you add the bonuses!

Not inclined to play around Akazim quickly infuses Ingrge's bow with magical power specifically attuned to be effective against the undead while Malusha falls back into a more favorable position and draws out a wand of Bless.

And with his bow now super-charged Ingrge opens fire upon Minasako, directing a volley of arrows at the terrible creature. Though the first pair misses the mark the third and fourth arrows strike true, eliciting a pained shriek from the floating organ pile!

"Hmph! If you want to play roughly then so be it!" Minasako hisses as she begins casting...

Spellcraft (DC 19):

Oy! It's Black Tentacles!

...and a mass of black, writhing tentacles springs up to encompass the entire room in which everyone stands and spilling out of the open doors into adjacent rooms! The tentacles writhe and whip about, attempting to wind around everyone...

Grapple vs. Everyone: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (2) + 16 = 18 Seriously?
Tentacle Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

...but the only one they manage to catch is poor Riddywhipple. The penanggalen then swiftly falls further back into the room, likely trying to get out of Ingrge's line of sight.

On Black Tentacles vs. Mirror Image:

An initial search didn't turn much official up except for this 2012 post from James Jacobs on the matter. So I guess they ignore Mirror Image? That's the ruling I'm running with for now but if I find something new (or someone else does) then I'm happy to revise that.

______________

Round 1/Round 2

Akazim (Shield)
Malusha (-30)
Ingrge (Cirri's Ward Hex, Undead Bane +3)

==============
Minasako (-49; Dazzled)
==============
Hanlin (Daylight, Shield of Faith)
Cirri (-15; Bless Weapon, Mirror Image; 2 images) + Riddywhipple (-8; Grappled)

Active Conditions: None

Environmental Conditions: Black Tentacles (Blue Grid)

Everyone is UP!

Current Map

Optional Mood Music

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

Hanlin pushes his way into the room, knocking the pickle drunk tentacles out of his way as he goes with his shield. "You've chosen the wrong path and we've come to adjust your course." Hanlin quips, doing his best to sound grand and heroic as he unleashes a blast of searing light from his tattooed palm at the creature.

Searing Light Ranged Touch, Attack/Caster Check/Damage: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 131d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 157d8 ⇒ (1, 8, 4, 4, 2, 3, 7) = 29

I'm assuming she has vulnerability to light, if not then the alternate damage roll is below.

Damage vs Undead no light vulnerability: 7d6 ⇒ (2, 5, 2, 2, 4, 3, 2) = 20

Those rolls are pretty meh all the way around!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf LG Urban Ranger 4/Zen Archer 4 | HP:58/58 AC:24 T:24 FF:17 | CMB:9 CMD:28 | F:+9 R:+14 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23

GM: Just wondering...was Minasako not considered flat-footed when I shot? No worries, just thought my first shot (a 24 with Perfect Strike) might've hit her FFAC if so...

Ingrge double moves to clear the tentacles and stand next to Hanlin...

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Cirri squirms uncomfortably as the woman... thing... attacks. "Of course I'm going to judge you. You could have retired peacefully. You could have lived the rest of your days peacefully. Instead you will ... yikes, tentacles!" Cirri carefully moves across the rough terrain.

"Okay. Less lecturing, more flaming quarterstaves across the head."

Swift Action to apply +2 Flaming to my staff. Also using Combat Expertise.
Hanlin cast Bless Weapon on my quarterstaff.

+3 Flaming Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (12) + 12 + 2 - 1 = 25
2H Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 + 2 = 14
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3

GM, is Mirror Image still working?


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 | Alignment CG HP 43/43 | AC 23 (T 16 FF 19) | Saves 8/6/9 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

CMB: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Riddywhipple squirms against the tentacles. "Ah, the sooner you finish her the sooner this message ends. Er... help!"


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Yes, I did neglect FF AC; thank you for pointing it out. Current HP totals adjusted accordingly.

Hanlin is quick to scramble out of the grasp of the tentacles and attempts to fire off a ray of searing light at the terribly bloodied-looking Minasako but his is an attack that she sees and manages to dodge, though not by much.

Ingrge also hurries and moves into the room to avoid the tentacles, already planning his next arrow barrage.

Incredibly put off by the use of tentacles Cirri is right behind Ingrge and Hanlin, swinging her fiery quarterstaff at Minasako's face. The penanggalen also just barely manages to avoid this attack and her face twists into a hideous snarl.

Yes, Cirri's Mirror Image is still working.

"I should have retired? Went peacefully into the night like so many of those fools from the Way were willing to do once the empire had fallen? Hah! Immortality is how I sought to rebuild the Way and keep it strong...but then I realized that there was nothing worth salvaging from the weak-willed cowards!"
______________

Round 2

Akazim (Shield)
Malusha (-30)

Ingrge (Cirri's Ward Hex, Undead Bane +3)
==============
Minasako (-95; Dazzled)
==============
Hanlin (Daylight, Shield of Faith)
Cirri (-15; Bless Weapon, Mirror Image; 2 images) + Riddywhipple (-8; Grappled)

Active Conditions: None

Environmental Conditions: Black Tentacles (Blue Grid)

Akazim and Malusha are UP!

Current Map

Scarab Sages

Male Human Cleric (Sarenrae) /8 | HP: 26/59 | AC: 20 T: 14 FF: 17 | CMB: +6 CMD: 20 | Fort: +8 Ref: +5 Will: +11 | Init: +4 Perc: +12

Malusha dances on his feet as the tentacles threaten to grab him. He moves towards the doorway and the way out of the field of effect.

Double move to get out of the tentacles. Do I need to roll for CMB or damage?

The Exchange

Male N Half-Elf Occultist (Battle-Host) 8 | HP: 75/75 | AC: 25 (T 12 / FF 24) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +13, R: +6, W: +9 | Speed 30ft | Mental Focus: Trans 9/14 :: Abj 4/6 | Spells 1 = 4 / 6 :: 2 = 4 / 6 :: 3 = 2 / 3| Active conditions: None

Akazim calls upon the warriors who've wielded his glaive before him to grant him a bit more strength. As he feels his muscles bulge under his armor, he focuses his mental energy on a spot in the doorway. A pulse of psychic energy ripples through the air and his colleagues feel as if the rest of the world is moving in slow motion.

He then bounds through the room, hops onto and over the bed and stops next to the desk in a blur of accelerated movement.

Swift action class feature, +4 insight bonus to Strength. CMD in tag line adjusted.

Cast Haste on a point in space in the doorway. Conveniently, everyone is within 30' of each other. FWIW, If Akzim actually went before Malusha and Ingrge, they'd have had the extra movement speed, and wouldn't have needed to double move.

Using the Hasted speed to move across the bed, even assuming it's difficult terrain.

"Cirri, I will enhance your staff also as soon as I can."

"Minasako, even if the Way of the Kirin was too weak to be saved, why turn to Garrigel's formulae? Why not build a new organization dedicated to the same cause of helping the oppressed?"

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

"Because immortality makes you stupid!" Cirri's angry and frightened, and that makes her blunt. "She oppressed her allies, her friends, and even her lover. She stole their souls, and all for what? A vinegar bath and a floating organ display. Oh yeah, I bet she's all the rage with medical doctors and healers!"


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 | Alignment CG HP 43/43 | AC 23 (T 16 FF 19) | Saves 8/6/9 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

"Cirri's sarcastic? Oh, you done goofed now!" Riddywhipple chuckles.

"Ow but these tentacles are stifling me, help"


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

@Malusha - No, you weren't grappled so no need to roll anything.

Malusha and Akazim are also quick to move into the room, leaving only Riddywhipple stuck within the tentacles. Akazim then bolsters his companions with haste, to better hasten Minasako's doom.

That said, the penanggalen looks to be in dire straights as it is. She adopts a defensive position, somehow, as she attempts to cast a spell...

Spellcraft (DC 18):

Cast Defensively (DC 21): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (11) + 15 = 26

...and then a long piece of intestine lashes out at Cirri...

Melee Touch (Dazzled): 1d20 + 9 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 - 1 = 18
1=Real
1d3 ⇒ 3

...but the attack, whatever it was, only pops one of Cirri's remaining images. The creature screams with rage, even as her wounds continue to slowly knit closed on their own.

Black Tentacles Grapple: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (14) + 16 = 30
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

And outside poor Riddywhipple continues to feel the squeeze.
______________

Round 2

Akazim (Shield)
Malusha (-30)
Ingrge (Cirri's Ward Hex, Undead Bane +3)
==============
Minasako (-90; Dazzled)
==============
Hanlin (Daylight, Shield of Faith)
Cirri (-15; Bless Weapon, Mirror Image; 1 image) + Riddywhipple (-15; Grappled)

Active Conditions: Haste

Environmental Conditions: Black Tentacles (Blue Grid)

Hanlin and Cirri + Riddywhipple are UP at the bottom of Round 2!

Current Map

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 48/{51}56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | 1 neg level

Meanwhile.


Spells -/6 | Greater Invisibility 3/3 | Alignment CG HP 43/43 | AC 23 (T 16 FF 19) | Saves 8/6/9 | Perception +11 | Init +3 | Riddywhipple, Faerie Dragon familiar (Master) |

CMB, haste: 1d20 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 1 = 12

"How much vinegar does she bathe in, anyway? She could start a new volcano if she had enough baking soda! Mmmmpf!" A tentacle wraps around his mouth.

Silver Crusade

Male Cleric 8 HP 59/59 | AC (24)21, T 12, FF 19 | Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +11 Wands: CLW: 34/50 Bless: 29/50 Prot Evil: 50/50 ToG 6/6 Channel 10/10 | Divine Presence 8/8 | Nimbus 8/8 | Effects:

After browsing his holy options, Hanlin falls back on the tried and true, letting Iomedae snuff out undead. "Prepare for a holy sun burn woman. We all know you could use a little cleansing and Iomedae is just the one to do it."

Hanlin raises his hand high and a wave of undead scorching light washes out from him in all directions.

Channel to Harm Undead: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 3, 3, 5) + 7 = 19
Will Save DC22 vs Undead for 4d6+7 Damage, Ignore Channel Resistance.

Grand Lodge

Cirri's Familiar | Spells -/6/5/4/2 | Arcane Pool 11/11 | Flight Hex minutes 10/10 | GM Folio Reroll +2 | HP 86/86 | AC 21, T 12, FF 20 | Saves 11/6/8 | CMD 23 (25 vs trip) | Perception +7 | Init +1 | Female Human Magus 10 | Alignment NG |Ward not set

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24 Yikes! Keep your life stealing fingers off of me, lady!

Cirri focuses inward, and begins an intricate dance. Arcane energy surges forth.

Starting spell combat with Monstrous Physique I. Cirri gets a +2 bonus thanks to Improved Spell Combat, and +4 from Combat Casting.

She concentrates on her magic while defending herself...

Concentrate DC 21: 1d20 + 9 + 5 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 5 + 4 + 2 = 40 RIP 20

Grand Lodge

Gargoyle | Base Form | Neutral Good

And Cirri's body molds into the form of a Gargoyle.

"Okay then. Time for the full attack!" She growls.

Swift action for Arcane Strike.

Math:

Attack Rolls:
Spell Combat gives Cirri a -2 penalty to her attacks.
Monstrous Physique gives a +1 thanks to a Str bonus.
Combat Expertise gives a -1 to attacks in exchange for +2 AC (she has a trait to reduce the -2 to -1)
Haste gives a +1.
Cirri currently has a +3 weapon.

Damage Rolls:
Arcane Strike adds +2 to her damage.
Monstrous Physique gives a +1 thanks to a Str bonus.
Cirri currently has a +3 flaming weapon.

Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 11 - 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 + 3 = 20
1H Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 13
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 6 - 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 6 - 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 + 3 = 19
1H Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 12
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Hasted Quarterstaff: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 11 - 2 + 1 - 1 + 1 + 3 = 29
1H Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 1 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 1 + 2 + 3 = 13
Fire Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2

Her first two swings are wide, but Akazim's magic gives her another chance to strike.

Dark Archive

Male Human (Keleshite) Fighter (two-handed) 6 | hp 48/{51}56 | AC 19, T 14, FF 15 | CMD 23 (25 v sunder) | F +9, R +7, W +4 | Spd 30' (40' land)| Init +3 | KnArc +7, KnDun +6, KnPla +6, KnRel +6, Perc +0, SensM +0, Spcft +8 | 1 neg level

Sigh. If I were there, I would simply have chopped her head off.

Grand Lodge

Gargoyle | Base Form | Neutral Good

Her head's already chopped off, silly!


Venture-Agent, Play-by-Post | League Group | TL;DR Group |

Behind the Scenes:

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14

Absolutely tired of Hinojai and everything about it, including its owner, Hanlin raises his holy symbol high and calls upon Iomedae's holy power. A bright, blinding wave of positive energy washes over the room and for all her strength and power Minasako is powerless to resist it. She screams and screams, her unholy form withering away under the onslaught until only a small pile of ash remains!

Combat Over!

Grand Lodge

Male Half-Elf LG Urban Ranger 4/Zen Archer 4 | HP:58/58 AC:24 T:24 FF:17 | CMB:9 CMD:28 | F:+9 R:+14 W:+7 (+2 vs enchantments) | Init:+8 | Per: +23

Ingrge, shocked by the sudden demise of this creature, slowly lowers his bow. Nodding to Akazim, the ranger says, ”Thank you my friend, for your enchantment...we are in your debt...never before has my bow had quite that devastating of an effect...”

He warily checks out the area...

Perception: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (11) + 21 = 32

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male N Half-Elf Occultist (Battle-Host) 8 | HP: 75/75 | AC: 25 (T 12 / FF 24) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24 | F: +13, R: +6, W: +9 | Speed 30ft | Mental Focus: Trans 9/14 :: Abj 4/6 | Spells 1 = 4 / 6 :: 2 = 4 / 6 :: 3 = 2 / 3| Active conditions: None

Akazim returns the ranger's nod. "You are welcome, my friend. All in the name of teamwork."

"Speaking of which, it is too bad that one of our teammates did not make it to this point. Although, I feel as if I still hear his voice...." Shaking his head and looking around at the room, he continues, "But perhaps it is just the nature of this place that the dead seem to linger past their time."

As he makes his way over to the writing desk, he considers Abaal's future. I do wonder if he has made arrangements with the Society to be raised from death. If not, his sword would make a fine addition to the Museum's collection....

His musings halt upon reaching the desk, and he begins to thumb through the ledgers.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 29
Linguistics: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (11) + 18 = 29
How convenient!

401 to 450 of 472 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PbP Gameday VIII] GM Ladile & the Pathfinder Society Present: The Haunting of Hinojai All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.