Mummy's Mask

Game Master Daniel Penfold 351

In the wilds of Osirian something is shifting beneath the sands.

The rules

Notes

Treasure List

Maps

images


851 to 892 of 892 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cyrmic; Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Nodding to Ogochukwu, "good idea" and he inspects the dresser looking for traps.


You do not find any traps


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

"Not trapped" quips Cymric as starts opening the dresser drawers and looking inside.


Monk/2 HP 21/21 Nonlethal: 0 |AC 17/T 17/FF 14 +2 VS Rays| F+5/R+5/W+4 | CMD 22 |Init + 2 | Perc +10

Seeker nods yet another thanks to Shukara for her healing. The dog-creature hadn't done any damage to him, so this last bit of healing undoes the rest of the damage he had sustained today. The oracle's finding them h ad been fortuitous indeed. He would have to find some way to thank her later.


The dresser is empty, however as you examine it the back of the dresser falls away revealing a bronze chest.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cyrmic; Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Cymric; Disable Device / Open Lock: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

When the bronze chest is revealed, Cymric exclaims "well, well. What do we have here!" He inspects it for traps, and if finding none, determines whether it is locked or not. If locked he picks the lock and opens the chest using the open/close cantrip.


[i]Cymric you do not find any traps on the chest....

Until you try to open it, at which point a crossbow bolt fires out at you.

Bolt: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (14) + 15 = 29

damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Fort 11 save please.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cymric; Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 8


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

Ogochukwu makes a mental note to stop trusting Cymric about the presence of traps.


The chest contains 20 small gold ingots bearing a seal. Each ingot is worth 25gp

Knowledge history or nobility to make out the seal

There is also a dead man;s headband.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cymric; Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Cyrmic; Knowledge (nobility): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Spells: 0th/at will; 1st/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds remain; HP: 4/12 AC:16 T:14 F:12

After the dart hits him, Cymric turns to Shukara, "do you have any more healing left for the day? I am sorely wounded."


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Shukara jumps back as the crossbow bolt fires, then gasps as it hits Cymric squarely in the chest. "Of course, hold on just one second." She chants and a small wave of healing energy washes over him.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The spell sputters out without providing anywhere near as much healing as she'd hoped. "I'm sorry, that was the last of my spells." She seems genuinely upset to not be able to help more.


Cymric, you recognise the seal on the ingots as belonging to the Keleshite sultan who governed Osirion at the time of the Plague of Madness, 2215 years ago.


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

knowledge, nobility: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Is the headband magical, do you think?"


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Spells: 0th/at will; 1st/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds remain; HP: 8/12 AC:16 T:14 F:12

When Ogochukwu queries of the headband is magical, Cymric casts detect magic on it trying to discover its properties.


Ogochukwu you concur with Cymric's assessment of the seal.

Cymric you discover that the headband gives its wearer a +2 competence bonus on intimidate checks and increases the DC his fear effects of any abilities or spells by 1.


Monk/2 HP 21/21 Nonlethal: 0 |AC 17/T 17/FF 14 +2 VS Rays| F+5/R+5/W+4 | CMD 22 |Init + 2 | Perc +10

"A hidden chest, so likely not where the family stored the majority of their wealth." Seeker signs. "Gold bars belonging to the sultan. Perhaps an illegal deal between the two families?" The monk ponders 'aloud'. Bribery between noble houses was hardly unusual, or maybe the sultan was using the Pentheru's to do his less-than-reputable work so that the royalty might retain deniability.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Shukara shrugs, more concerned about the value of the ingots than the seal on them. "Could be. Or maybe they just hid it to protect against thieves. Who knows?"

She looks around the room one last time, then starts to head back out. "Only a couple rooms left to check. Then you'll be leaving the necropolis?" It's a question, not a statement. Shukara hadn't gotten too much information about what exactly the group was doing here. Exploring, obviously, but she wasn't sure how much they planned to explore before leaving.

Hopefully not too much more. She feels much less confident knowing that all her spells are spent. No more healing if anyone gets hurt. No obscuring mist or shadow trap to help her make a quick getaway. It's been a while since she's felt so...helpless.


You could leave the house and while you wouldn't have time to rest and regain spells you could buy potions, etc.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Spells: 0th/at will; 1st/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds remain; HP: 8/12 AC:16 T:14 F:12

Cymric passes on the information about the headband, and notes "not of use to me, however one of you might use it, or we can sell it when we get back."

"As we are almost finished with this estate, let us just finish it and then head back to the Inn."


Where next?


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

"Let's keep circling around." Shukara is relieved to hear that the group doesn't plan to stick around in the necropolis much longer. "Three sets of doors left; why don't we check the ones to the northeast first?"

Voting to head towards B21.


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

"Good choice" responds Cymric as he follows the group over to the door.


Dust blankets this room. The walls, once brightly painted to depict life in ancient Wati, are now faded. A smaller room or alcove takes up the northeast section of the room; it was once closed off by a wooden door that since has rotted away, leaving only its hinges in the doorframe. A strong, cloying odour of decay pervades the room.


Monk/2 HP 21/21 Nonlethal: 0 |AC 17/T 17/FF 14 +2 VS Rays| F+5/R+5/W+4 | CMD 22 |Init + 2 | Perc +10

Seeker moves through the rotted door, shovel at the ready.


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

Ogochukwu steps in besides Seeker, bardiche at the ready.


Can you make Perception checks please.

stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cyrmic; Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Standing behind Seeker and Ogochukwu, Cymric peers into the room.


Monk/2 HP 21/21 Nonlethal: 0 |AC 17/T 17/FF 14 +2 VS Rays| F+5/R+5/W+4 | CMD 22 |Init + 2 | Perc +10

per: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Shukara and Ogochukwu, do you want to make perception checks


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Shukara also peers into the room, carefully staying behind the fighters. "Do you see anything in there?"

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


[i]Something flies suddenly at Seeker. The creature is a blackened, bat-winged fiend’s head. Tentacles dangle from chin and scalp, and its fanged mouth hangs agape.

Knowledge planes

bite on Seeker: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

If it hits can you make a Fort 12 save

Ogochukwu initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Shukara initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

Cymric initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23

Seeker initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Vargouille initiative: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15


Initiative order:

Block 1: Cymric and Shukara

Block 2: Vargouille

Block 3: Seeker and Ogochukwu


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cymric; Knowledge (untrained): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23 Planes
Cymric; shortbow +5 (1d6/x3), within 30 ft. +6 (1d6+1) : 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 1 = 71d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Cymric digs deep into memory about creatures like this, then shoots it with an arrow that goes sailing off into the distance.


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

I think the highest you can get untrained is 10

knowledge, planes: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Hearing the commotion Shukara moves around the corner, and immediately wishes she hadn't. "What the hell is that?!" Not trusting her crossbow in such close quarters, she reaches forward and touches Seeker on the shoulder. "May Neith guide your arm."

Casting Guidance for +1 on one attack roll, saving throw, or skill check.


Yeah untrained can only get a 10

Cymric misses. Cymric you and Ogochukwu you recognise the creature as a vargouille but unfortunately you don't recognise anything else about it.

The vargouille shrieks - can everyone make a Fort 12 save please.


Female Human Oracle 2 | HP 17/17 | AC: 17 (T: 12, FF: 15)| Saves (+2 vs fear, +4 vs curses): F:+2, R:+2, W:+4 | BAB: +1, CMB: +3, CMD: +12, | Init: +2 | Darkvision 60ft | Perc. +6, SM +6 | Spells: (1st) 0/5

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14


Male LG Human (Mwangi) Occultist (Panoply Savant) 2 | HP 15 | AC 18 T 12 FF 16 | CMB +6, CMD 18 | F: +5, R: +4, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5, SM: +5 | Speed 30ft | Focus Points: 5 (2 abjuration, 3 transmutation) | Spells: 1st (3) | Active conditions: None.

fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Daily:
Spells: 0/at will; 1/3. Performance: 9/9 rounds
TN Male Human bard 2 (HP 12 AC:16 T:14 F:12 Saves F:+0 R:+7 W:+3 CMB:+1 CMD:15 Init:+4 Perc: +5) (14 blunt arrows)

Cymric; Fort save: 1d20 ⇒ 15 DC 12


Shukara, Ogochukwu and Cymric you manage to shake off the effects of the shriek.

Seeker could I have your Fort save please.

851 to 892 of 892 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.