GM Worg's Down the Blighted Path

Game Master Kyle "Worg" H

Chronicles | Maps/Slides/Handouts

First Gameplay Post: 5/26/19


551 to 600 of 630 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

His eyes dart quickly to Rorik, "Why of course they did, son of the Unmaker." He continues giving out random rat and bat treats to the paty. "I too am of the Unmaker, though I was unmade long ago as a young lad of the age of two or three when the Unmaker spoke to me. I live here because the Unmaker gave me the gift of transcendence to watch the beasts of its name stalk these halls. Many of them die and return to continue in the name of destruction, and it is in all of the Unmaker's glory that the beasts repeat the cycle. Why, you will be next in the cycle to either fall or rise to the Unmaker's will."

"Strangers come and go this way and that many times. Some wearing red hats and others with no flesh. Some even looked like you!" He points at Gordy. "Never ceasing in their movement they avoid the Unmaker's beasts."

The Exchange

Male LG Human (Garundi) Warpriest of Erastil 6 | HP: 39/39| AC: 22 (15 tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 23 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +8 | Speed 30 | Pearls of Power I 2/2 | Sacred Weapon 6/6, Fervor 3/5, Blessings 6/6, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1| Active conditions: Ant Haul

"Did you see where the ones in hats went? Or the ones that look like Gordy?" he indicates Gordy.

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

"Both went this way, and that way, then this way again." He points each direction he says when he says it. "Always in a hurry. Couldn't even stop for tea!" He says as he holds up a stone cup that has water and a rat in it. He dips the rat by its tail a few times then takes a sip.

The Concordance

Male NG Dwarf Kineticist 6 | HP: 65/(65)87 Burn 3| AC: 25, 15 t, 21 ff | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | F: +12, R: +10, W: +5; +4 vs spells & +2 vs poison | Init: +6 | Per: +12, SM: +2 |Speed 30ft | |

"The dwarves you seen, are they gray of skin with shaved heads and such, or be they ruddy and hale like a proper dwarf? Cause there be a big difference there. And what about them fellers in the red hats? Be they short or tall, fat or lean? What kind of cut is there caps?"

Gordy mutters to Archer, "Our two kitsunes should get along real good with this mad orc, what with worshipping world destroying gods n' all."

Grand Lodge

M Kitsune HP 27/48 AC:17 T:11 FF:17 Fort:7 Ref:3 Will:8 Inquisitor 5, CMD:17 Speed:20, CN INI:3 judgement 2/2 perception:10 Bane 5/5

Rorik perks up at the odd orc's words"Other followers of Rovagug, I doubt they'll let us pass peacefully."
a savage grin spreads across his muzzle "So I'll have to put them in their place."

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

"Ahahahahahaha!" The orc laughs at Rorik. "No, not them. I. Me. The one before you. Goruk, Prophet of the Unmaker."

"As for those who wore the red hats and skin of darkness but beards of length, they were all that you asked and more. So different and so unique but so much of the same look in their eyes. An eagerness to rend flesh and sear bone in their eyes that was with both glee and malice. Which is why you must destroy them utterly and without mercy, for it is of the divine ways that things die and conflict brings us to greater means."

With the prophets mad ramblings, you now have a few hints. There are monsters in this part of the cave that you could potentially avoid with a survival check to track. You can also gain a +5 bonus to the next survival check for navigating the tunnels to the next area.

Grand Lodge

M Kitsune HP 27/48 AC:17 T:11 FF:17 Fort:7 Ref:3 Will:8 Inquisitor 5, CMD:17 Speed:20, CN INI:3 judgement 2/2 perception:10 Bane 5/5

I thought he said there were creatures of Rovagug ahead in the tunnel.

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

Beasts of Rovagug; Check.
He is a prophet of Rovagug; Check.
Other followers of Rovagug; No.

The Concordance

Male NG Dwarf Kineticist 6 | HP: 65/(65)87 Burn 3| AC: 25, 15 t, 21 ff | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | F: +12, R: +10, W: +5; +4 vs spells & +2 vs poison | Init: +6 | Per: +12, SM: +2 |Speed 30ft | |

Here are Gordy and the Cap'n's next Survival checks, which he would like to donate as an aid to Rorik. And if he promises to give it back, he could even use Gordy's wayfinder.

Gordy's Survival:Aid: 1d20 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 5 = 9
Cap'n's Survival:Aid: 1d20 + 0 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 0 + 5 = 7

Sorry Rorik, it looks like its all up to you.

Grand Lodge

M Kitsune HP 27/48 AC:17 T:11 FF:17 Fort:7 Ref:3 Will:8 Inquisitor 5, CMD:17 Speed:20, CN INI:3 judgement 2/2 perception:10 Bane 5/5

survival: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 25
+2 from wayfinder, +2 inquisitor tracking, +5 navigation

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oozemorph Shifter 6 | HP : 58/58 | AC: 19 FF:17 T:13 CMD: 24+1 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +9 | Morphic Body: 1/3 | Current Form: Half Orc
Doggoth:
Male Aberrant Wolf 6 HD | HP : 39/39 | AC: 23 FF:20 T:13 CMD: 19 (23 vs trip) | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +5 (+4 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +5

Malsuza lets out a sigh, her posture low as her tendrils droop downward. "Really? You sound kind of like one of mom's friends. Always rambling about crazy stuff and strange creatures and blah blah."

The oozemorph clasps her hands together. "Maybe you should go out a little more! Get some sunlight if you can manage it. Maybe make more friends! It did wonders for my family, it could be great for you too."

Aiding Survival: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

The Exchange

Male LG Human (Garundi) Warpriest of Erastil 6 | HP: 39/39| AC: 22 (15 tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 23 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +8 | Speed 30 | Pearls of Power I 2/2 | Sacred Weapon 6/6, Fervor 3/5, Blessings 6/6, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1| Active conditions: Ant Haul

Archer helps Rorik.
He is probably the better tracker, but will allow Rorik to think otherwise.

survival aid another.: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

Certainly enough you find the tracks of monsters that are of medium size and the pronged toe foot prints. You also find rusted old bits of metal wherever their tracks are. With this information, you can get the drop on them.

Two Rust Monsters for a CR3 encounter only slow down the pace for us more, so I am going to say you guys bypass it to speed us up a bit.

Following the trail via Goruk's random instructions, you find a path that leads to a chamber. The walls and ceiling open up from the path to reveal stalactites and stalagmites on both sides of the tunnel. The formations nearly touch one another, like an open mouth of pointed teeth. The sound of a small waterfall comes from behind the pillars.

A steady waterfall of snowmelt high above has carved a deep channel through this chamber and continues below, and massive stalactites and stalagmites have formed from millennia of mineral deposits. Weblike fungi and molds grow between the pillars, and a thick mulch of guano coats the insectriddled floor.

Referring to maps you have reviewed in the fortress, you know that the shaft the waterfall goes through leads deeper into the Blighted Path. Descending into the waterfall shaft can be potentially dangerous, as the erosion from the water caused the surface to be smooth and need a DC25 climb without any ropes or climbing equipment. It goes 800ft down.

The Concordance

Male NG Dwarf Kineticist 6 | HP: 65/(65)87 Burn 3| AC: 25, 15 t, 21 ff | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | F: +12, R: +10, W: +5; +4 vs spells & +2 vs poison | Init: +6 | Per: +12, SM: +2 |Speed 30ft | |

Gordy opted to keep the ring of feather fall from the last adventure in lieu of its cash value, so this pit won't be any problem for him, but he may need to part ways with the Cap'n.

"I haven't tested this ring out fer a big fall like that one, but I suppose if it works for little falls its likely to work the same fer big ones, right?" the dwarf asks, hoping for some reassurance from the more magically inclined members of the party as he peers down into the abyss.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oozemorph Shifter 6 | HP : 58/58 | AC: 19 FF:17 T:13 CMD: 24+1 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +9 | Morphic Body: 1/3 | Current Form: Half Orc
Doggoth:
Male Aberrant Wolf 6 HD | HP : 39/39 | AC: 23 FF:20 T:13 CMD: 19 (23 vs trip) | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +5 (+4 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +5

Malsuza peers down the hole and frowns. "Welp. I can melt and slip my way down there easy, but Doggoth isn't so lucky. We'd need a pretty strong arm and an elaborate harness to carry him all the way down. And all I've got is 50 feet of rope."

She huffs, leaning in to hig her slimy black dog. "Any ideas?"

Dark Archive

Male Kitsune Warpriest 6 |HP34/58 | AC20 | T11 | FF19 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +1 | Perception +9 | Fervor used 1/5

"I got 50 more feet of rope," Kipp says as he pick up a rock and casts light on it, before tossing it over the edge and watching it fall "but I think we need more than that."

"Wait! Idea! Send down the Salty Sea Dwarf, Goo you get what stops him from dying and we all take turns!" Kipp scrunches his face a bit as he looks at Doggoth "Do rings work for Good-boy-dogos?"

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oozemorph Shifter 6 | HP : 58/58 | AC: 19 FF:17 T:13 CMD: 24+1 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +9 | Morphic Body: 1/3 | Current Form: Half Orc
Doggoth:
Male Aberrant Wolf 6 HD | HP : 39/39 | AC: 23 FF:20 T:13 CMD: 19 (23 vs trip) | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +5 (+4 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +5

Malsuza sighs. "Well, do we have time to head back to town and pick up some supplies? We could buy some lengths of rope, make a harness, or something like that."

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oozemorph Shifter 6 | HP : 58/58 | AC: 19 FF:17 T:13 CMD: 24+1 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +9 | Morphic Body: 1/3 | Current Form: Half Orc
Doggoth:
Male Aberrant Wolf 6 HD | HP : 39/39 | AC: 23 FF:20 T:13 CMD: 19 (23 vs trip) | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +5 (+4 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +5

But yeah real talk, how long would it take to get back to a town where we can buy some rope?

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

@Malsuza 3 Survival checks to prevent from getting lost, and about 7 hours.

The Exchange

Male LG Human (Garundi) Warpriest of Erastil 6 | HP: 39/39| AC: 22 (15 tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 23 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +8 | Speed 30 | Pearls of Power I 2/2 | Sacred Weapon 6/6, Fervor 3/5, Blessings 6/6, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1| Active conditions: Ant Haul

"All told, I have 150 feet of rope. 100 of it is silk." says Archer. "What I am missing it pitons and a climbing kit."

He thinks out loud, "That does give us 250 feet. And we could take advantage of Malsuza's slime abilities, but I'd prefer not to be doing this long of a climb without pitons to secure the ropes. Otherwise, one failure and we all fall. Plus, something tells me we may need to make it back up out of there.

"On the other hand, doesn't Witz know feather fall? He could get three of us per casting... but it would only reduce the fall by 180', so I guess that doesn't work. Wait... is Witz still with us?"

Going back to town to get proper climbing gear does seem to be the best option, given our distinct lack of arcane casting.

"When there, we should pick up scrolls or potions of fly to help us get back up, if necessary."

The Concordance

Male NG Dwarf Kineticist 6 | HP: 65/(65)87 Burn 3| AC: 25, 15 t, 21 ff | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | F: +12, R: +10, W: +5; +4 vs spells & +2 vs poison | Init: +6 | Per: +12, SM: +2 |Speed 30ft | |

"I always keep a bit a rope on me too. Tis only about fifty feet though."

Grand Lodge

M Kitsune HP 27/48 AC:17 T:11 FF:17 Fort:7 Ref:3 Will:8 Inquisitor 5, CMD:17 Speed:20, CN INI:3 judgement 2/2 perception:10 Bane 5/5

"Ive got 50 feet of rope, though it still smells like sweaty dwarf."

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

The party begins the long trek back to Duravan.
3 survival checks required.
When the party has 3 successes, feel,free to purchase your supplies and then make another 3 survival,checks,to get back to this point. Post all purchases you make as well.

Dark Archive

Male Kitsune Warpriest 6 |HP34/58 | AC20 | T11 | FF19 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +1 | Perception +9 | Fervor used 1/5

Kipp's helping!

survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

...Kipp's singing for morale!

Sing: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

And morale has improved, but not really.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oozemorph Shifter 6 | HP : 58/58 | AC: 19 FF:17 T:13 CMD: 24+1 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +9 | Morphic Body: 1/3 | Current Form: Half Orc
Doggoth:
Male Aberrant Wolf 6 HD | HP : 39/39 | AC: 23 FF:20 T:13 CMD: 19 (23 vs trip) | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +5 (+4 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +5

Survival, aiding: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26
Survival, aiding: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Survival, aiding: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

When the group makes their way back to town, Malsuza makes sure to pick up rope. Lots of rope! Naturally, she makes a point to tell her porter Sergei to make the trip for her. All the better that she avoid having to use her precious transformation time for the task.

I'm thinking 800 feet of silk rope. Between that and the 50 feet she already has, it'll be easy enough to lower Doggoth into the pit. From there, most of us should be able to make the climb.

Survival, aiding: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Survival, aiding: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Survival, aiding: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

The Concordance

Male NG Dwarf Kineticist 6 | HP: 65/(65)87 Burn 3| AC: 25, 15 t, 21 ff | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | F: +12, R: +10, W: +5; +4 vs spells & +2 vs poison | Init: +6 | Per: +12, SM: +2 |Speed 30ft | |

Gordy Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Gordy Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Gordy Aid: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Cap'n Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2
Cap'n Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Cap'n Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14

Gordy purchases another 100 feet of silk rope, a hammer, 20 pitons, and a block and tackle, which he stuffs in his bag, ready to drop if he needs to fight.

Gordy's movement isn't affected while encumbered but he would still get the penalties to his skill checks, so he'll be ready to drop his bag if a fight breaks out.

The Exchange

Male LG Human (Garundi) Warpriest of Erastil 6 | HP: 39/39| AC: 22 (15 tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 23 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +8 | Speed 30 | Pearls of Power I 2/2 | Sacred Weapon 6/6, Fervor 3/5, Blessings 6/6, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1| Active conditions: Ant Haul

Archer leads the trek back, not taking chances, just taking what he knows are the safe path.
Take 10 for 23, 25 If to avoid getting lost

Archer will pick up a climbing kit, 20 additional pitons, and another 100 feet of silk rope.
He will also call in a favor (spend 2 pp) to get a potion of fly.

Grand Lodge

M Kitsune HP 27/48 AC:17 T:11 FF:17 Fort:7 Ref:3 Will:8 Inquisitor 5, CMD:17 Speed:20, CN INI:3 judgement 2/2 perception:10 Bane 5/5

survival aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17
survival aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16
survival aid: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Rorik picks up 50 ft of silk rope and a potion of fly(2 PP)

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

With the return to town, you also manage to rest and recover any spells and abilities you may need to restore.

Three more survival checks, and then you can begin the descent down the waterfall cavern to the next area.

The Exchange

Male LG Human (Garundi) Warpriest of Erastil 6 | HP: 39/39| AC: 22 (15 tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 23 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +8 | Speed 30 | Pearls of Power I 2/2 | Sacred Weapon 6/6, Fervor 3/5, Blessings 6/6, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1| Active conditions: Ant Haul

with what folks have listed, we are at 550 feet of rope... And 40 pitons. That’s one piton per 20’, so I will buy another 20, if someone else buys 20. I’d like to see another 350’ of rope, just in case.

The Concordance

Male NG Dwarf Kineticist 6 | HP: 65/(65)87 Burn 3| AC: 25, 15 t, 21 ff | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | F: +12, R: +10, W: +5; +4 vs spells & +2 vs poison | Init: +6 | Per: +12, SM: +2 |Speed 30ft | |

Gordy would be fine shelling out for the rest of the rope. He might just need some help carrying some of it.

The Concordance

Male NG Dwarf Kineticist 6 | HP: 65/(65)87 Burn 3| AC: 25, 15 t, 21 ff | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | F: +12, R: +10, W: +5; +4 vs spells & +2 vs poison | Init: +6 | Per: +12, SM: +2 |Speed 30ft | |

Gordy purchases a total of 500 ft of silk rope, 40 pitons, two hammers, and a block of tackle, which adds up to 110 gp. Does Malsuza still have their barrel? That might be a good way to get the companion creatures down, using the block and tackle to make a simple pulley.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oozemorph Shifter 6 | HP : 58/58 | AC: 19 FF:17 T:13 CMD: 24+1 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +9 | Morphic Body: 1/3 | Current Form: Half Orc
Doggoth:
Male Aberrant Wolf 6 HD | HP : 39/39 | AC: 23 FF:20 T:13 CMD: 19 (23 vs trip) | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +5 (+4 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +5

Oh yeah! Barrel. We can totally rig a thing out of that.

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

The party makes its way back to the waterfall cavern, following the guiding skills of Archer. With rope in place and pitons at the ready, scaling this waterfall should be significantly easier.

With the ropes and pitons, the DC will decrease from 25 to 10 5 for the Walls to Brace and Rope + 5 for the waterfall right against your back

Going to Autobot to get us back on track
Climb Archer: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Climb Gordy Grimes: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (15) - 2 = 13
Climb Kipp Guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 3 + 1 = 9
Climb Malsuza: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18
Climb Rorik: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Climb Witz: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Climb Kipp Guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 1 = 6 2nd Climb
Climb Kipp Guidance: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 3 + 1 = 19 3rd Climb

Catching a Falling Character Near You:

If someone climbing above you or adjacent to you falls, you can attempt to catch the falling character if he or she is within your reach. Doing so requires a successful melee touch attack against the falling character (though he or she can voluntarily forgo any Dexterity bonus to AC if desired). If you hit, you must immediately attempt a Climb check (DC = wall’s DC + 10). Success indicates that you catch the falling character, but his total weight, including equipment, cannot exceed your heavy load limit or you automatically fall. If you fail your Climb check by 4 or less, you fail to stop the character’s fall but don’t lose your grip on the wall. If you fail by 5 or more, you fail to stop the character’s fall and begin falling as well.

After a momentary pause when Kipp was not able to advance, the party manages to safely reach the bottom. At the bottom of this tunnel is a chamber with A dazzling array of color that blooms throughout. Mushrooms, molds, and even small plants crowd into the glow of luminous fungus clinging to the cavern walls and ceiling, lending the massive cave the appearance of a spring day. A cobblestone road winds through the verdant terrain, leading down several side tunnels.

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

GM Screen:

Initiative Archer: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Initiative Gordy Grimes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
Initiative Kipp: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Initiative Malsuza: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Initiative Rorik: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Initiative Witz: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Initiative Darux: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Initiative Red Large Head: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Initiative Green Large Head: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Initiative Orange Large Head: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Giggles from strange little creatures sitting on the mushrooms all around you in this subterranean cavern, with a ugly and bulbous creature that looks like a caterpillar with a face lurches around behind the cover of the mushrooms.

Aklo:

"Ahhhh, more to cocoon at a time when we need it. Aemo, Ceuth, Dolich; bring them to me, girls."

The little giggling creatures stand up and begin to cast spells.

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Party Light
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Orange Small Fey(-0,Fine)
Archer(-0,Fine)
Rorik(-0,Fine)
Gordy Grimes(-0,Fine)
Malsuza(-0,Fine)

Worm Creature(-0,Fine)
Red Small Fey(-0,Fine)
Green Small Fey(-0,Fine)
Witz(-0,Fine)
Kipp(-0,Fine)

Worm Creature; Knowledge Nature DC15:

Fear Eater
NE Medium Fey
This creature seeks to turn you all into cocoons for unknown purposes, but based on how bulbous she is you cannot imagine it being good.
1 Question @20, 2 Questions @25

Small Fey; Knowledge Nature DC11:

Brownie
N Tiny Fey
Knee-high to a human, this large-headed creature has an almost manically friendly look on its expressive face.
1 Question @16, 2 Questions @21

The orange fey casts a spell, targeting Kipp!

Spellcraft DC16:

Lesser Confusion

What Happened
Orange Fey: Cast spell at Kipp
Kipp: Will Save DC14

Archer, Rorik, Gordy, Malsuza are up!

Grand Lodge

M Kitsune HP 27/48 AC:17 T:11 FF:17 Fort:7 Ref:3 Will:8 Inquisitor 5, CMD:17 Speed:20, CN INI:3 judgement 2/2 perception:10 Bane 5/5

nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14
nature: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
Rorik doesn't recognize the worm creature, but he identifies the Fey as a
Brownie.
special defences and special attacks?

Dark Archive

Male Kitsune Warpriest 6 |HP34/58 | AC20 | T11 | FF19 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +1 | Perception +9 | Fervor used 1/5

spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23

"Ha ha ha, little girly do you think I care if you hit me with that? Ha ha ha!" Kipp identifies the spell and continues to laugh it off... at least until it's will save time.

The Concordance

Male NG Dwarf Kineticist 6 | HP: 65/(65)87 Burn 3| AC: 25, 15 t, 21 ff | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | F: +12, R: +10, W: +5; +4 vs spells & +2 vs poison | Init: +6 | Per: +12, SM: +2 |Speed 30ft | |

Kn:Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
Kn:Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

I'm fine with finding out whatever would make sense about the brownies. Maybe their spell like abilities is that doesn't fall under special attacks.

Gordy gathers the energy he needs to power his kinetic charge, and flies towards one of the fey creatures.

"Fire at their broadside, lads!

Kinetic Charge: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 = 26
Blunt, Magic: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (6, 3, 6) + 9 = 24


The Cap'n jumps into the pool of water, swimming deep enough to not be targeted by the creatures on the surface.

The Exchange

Male LG Human (Garundi) Warpriest of Erastil 6 | HP: 39/39| AC: 22 (15 tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 23 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +8 | Speed 30 | Pearls of Power I 2/2 | Sacred Weapon 6/6, Fervor 3/5, Blessings 6/6, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1| Active conditions: Ant Haul

Hearing that the creatures are fey doesn't help Archer, but he is glad that he has cold iron arrows. The number of targets concerns him, so he calls upon the blessing of the Stag God. fervor casting divine favor!

He then shoots red, who is hopefully flatfooted, (and finishes with orange if red drops).

bow! PBS, DA, RS, DF: 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 13 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 3 = 18 CI arrow, PBS, DA, DF: 1d8 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 4 + 3 = 17

bow! PBS, DA, RS, DF: 1d20 + 13 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 13 + 1 - 2 - 2 + 3 = 17 CI arrow, PBS, DA, DF: 1d8 + 5 + 1 + 4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 1 + 4 + 3 = 17

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

Round 1: FIGHT!
Light Condition: Party Light
Active Buffs: None
Active Penalties: None
Orange Small Fey(-12,Unconcious)
Archer(-0,Fine)
Rorik(-0,Fine)
Gordy Grimes(-0,Fine)

Malsuza(-0,Fine)
Worm Creature(-0,Fine)

Red Small Fey(-12,Unconcious)
Green Small Fey(-19,Dead)
Witz(-0,Fine)
Kipp(-0,Will Save DC14)

GM Screen:

Fungal Snare Cooldown: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Rorik knows that the fey folk known as brownies can cast some spells, but otherwise are not impressive in combat. They are resistant to damage but will not be able to resist cold iron, and spells require a bit of effort to affect them.

Archer's arrows pieces through the red and orange Brownie with only a slight amount of resistance, but they are still more than enough to force them unconscious. Gordy's watery weapon slices into the little fey, and she cannot withstand the power behind that attack.

The worm creature eventually enters, now acting from the duress. It climbs to the top of one of the mushrooms and climbs across their surfaces. It looks to Gordy and breaths a foul odor at the kineticist.

What Happened
Worm Creature: Climb on top of mushrooms and towards party, Breath 30ft cone on Gordy
Gordy: DC17 Reflex Save

Malsuza has two turns, and everyone else is up again.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Bard (3)/ Divine Hunter (2) 5| HP 34/34| AC 17, Touch 12, FF 15| CMD 14| Fort+9, Ref +10, Will +11| Innitiative+2| Perception+8| Speed 30

nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13

Ife zeen a lot of creatures in my life but zis one takes zee cake, und it probably ate it too.
Bardic performance

Grand Lodge

Female Human Oozemorph Shifter 6 | HP : 58/58 | AC: 19 FF:17 T:13 CMD: 24+1 | Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +4 | Init +4 | Perception +9 | Morphic Body: 1/3 | Current Form: Half Orc
Doggoth:
Male Aberrant Wolf 6 HD | HP : 39/39 | AC: 23 FF:20 T:13 CMD: 19 (23 vs trip) | Fort +7, Ref +8, Will +5 (+4 vs enchantment) | Init +3 | Perception +5

Sorry about falling asleep on the job, guys[/occ]

[u]Round One[/u]

Malsuza had long since run out of 'leg time' with their long travels, so by the time things got serious she was in her gelatinous form. Her body expands and pops, revealing a half-orc behind it. After that, she flexes her muscles, forcing a trio of bladed tendrils to protrude from her back.

[ooc]Spending the round to shapeshift and then grow tendrils. Not at all what I wanted to do, but the only thing that would make sense when you consider what information I'd during the first round as well as things like being retroactively caught in AoE attacks or swinging at already-dead enemies. Snooze/Lose, etc.

[u]Round Two[/u]

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

With a sigh of annoyance, Malsuza rushes over to the collection of mushrooms that support the creature. There, she slashes at the mushroom with one of her tendrils in hopes of taking it down!

morphic weapon, power attack: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
damage: 1d6 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

She gestures with her other tendrils, signaling for Doggoth to do the same!

Handle Animal: Attack (DC 15): 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 + 4 = 14


Doggoth, being extra careful not to cause a time paradox from retroactive turns, wisely decides to do absolutely nothing useful for two round straight besides going with his previous command to follow his owner.

The Exchange

Male LG Human (Garundi) Warpriest of Erastil 6 | HP: 39/39| AC: 22 (15 tch, 17 Fl) | CMB: +6, CMD: 23 | F: +7, R: +8, W: +8 | Init: +5 | Perc: +2, SM: +8 | Speed 30 | Pearls of Power I 2/2 | Sacred Weapon 6/6, Fervor 3/5, Blessings 6/6, Shirt Reroll 1/1, Coin 1/1| Active conditions: Ant Haul

Archer steps 5’ to the north, to clear his shot from Kipp, and thus not getting cover from Malsuza. Two shots fly out at the worm thing.
Magic bow, DF, RS, DA, IC: 1d20 + 13 + 3 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 13 + 3 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 16 CI magic arrows, DF, DA, IC: 1d8 + 5 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 3 + 4 + 1 = 20
Magic bow, DF, RS, DA, IC: 1d20 + 13 + 3 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 13 + 3 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 33 CI magic arrows, DF, DA, IC: 1d8 + 5 + 3 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 3 + 4 + 1 = 16
Confirm: 1d20 + 13 + 3 - 2 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 13 + 3 - 2 - 2 + 1 = 28 Extra crit damage: 2d8 + 26 ⇒ (3, 4) + 26 = 33 49 if the crit confirms

”Huh. Thought they would be tougher. ”

Dark Archive

Male Kitsune Warpriest 6 |HP34/58 | AC20 | T11 | FF19 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +1 | Perception +9 | Fervor used 1/5

Kipp walks up to the caterpillar and says "Hey Ugly, let's play."

double move

The Concordance

Male NG Dwarf Kineticist 6 | HP: 65/(65)87 Burn 3| AC: 25, 15 t, 21 ff | CMB: +4, CMD: 19 | F: +12, R: +10, W: +5; +4 vs spells & +2 vs poison | Init: +6 | Per: +12, SM: +2 |Speed 30ft | |

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Definitely passed that. What happens to ole' Gordy?

The Cap'n crawls out of the pond and slithers towards the fear eater.

Gordy gathers energy again to throw himself at the caterpillar, appearing at eye level to deliver his slam before floating back down to the ground.

Kinetic Rush: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
Magic, Blunt: 3d6 + 9 ⇒ (2, 3, 5) + 9 = 19

Dark Archive

Male Kitsune Warpriest 6 |HP34/58 | AC20 | T11 | FF19 | CMD 17 | Fort +8 | Ref +4 | Will +8 | Speed 20ft | Initiative +1 | Perception +9 | Fervor used 1/5

will: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

the will save I thought was done, nothing has changed

Grand Lodge

M Kitsune HP 27/48 AC:17 T:11 FF:17 Fort:7 Ref:3 Will:8 Inquisitor 5, CMD:17 Speed:20, CN INI:3 judgement 2/2 perception:10 Bane 5/5

Rorik moves forward while drawing his long spear and stabs at the worm
Longspear PA: 1d20 + 6 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (18) + 6 + 1 - 1 = 241d8 + 4 + 1 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 + 3 = 11

Liberty's Edge

| Tears at Bitter Manor Maps | Down the Blighted Path Maps |

The blows fly swiftly and the worm finds itself under a heavy assault from Archer and Gordy's ranged superiority. The bile to try to turn Gordy into a field of entanglement fails, and it is defeated without much resistance it can throw up.

Among the body shaped cocoons you find in here is some random supplies. Loose bundles of dried flesh and coin and a corpse bearing some magical implements and masterwork equipment.

Based on your take 10s, you would be able to ID this stuff so I will just give it.

+1 Scale mail
Oil of Continual Flame
Potion of Spider Climb
Masterwork Heavy Wooden Shield
50 Masterwork Arrows
Masterwork Dagger
Masterwork Trident
Masterwork Backpack
10 Sunrods
1 Thunderstone
1 Bedroll
5 Vials of Ink
2 Weeks of Rations

***********************************************************

With the path now having but one direction to travel, the party continues its march into the darkness. Eventually it expands to what seems to be infinite depths, and you find yourselves gazing across a massive canyon. Half of a mile wide, yet untold miles long. Hanging rock formations, some the size of buildings, dangle from the ceiling a hundred feet overhead. Thousands of glowing points line the walls and ceiling, bathing everything in an eerie mock-starlight.

A ledge, nearly a hundred feet wide, winds along the edge of the chasm. Countless black cracks and passageways split into the rock walls alongside it, opening into a myriad of new caves. Rough-hewn metal fences line a small portion of the ledge, penning in several dozen shuffling figures. Bioluminescent fungus grows along the walls and ceiling, providing dim light and feeding a huge variety of insects species. Massive bats fly down every now and then to feast on the insects that cling to the cliffs.

A hollow echo of sound that never quire settles keeps reverberating against the stone. It reminds you of the buzz of insects at night - never overwhelming but always present.

Thousands of feet above the ground and above you is a hanging pillar. It is visible as an eerily regular pattern of lights, and you could only imagine it being the image referred to on your maps; Karexin's Tower. That is where the usefulness of the maps end, however, for no visible bridge or walkway leads up to it.

***********************************************************

In your moment of admiring the sheer scope and size of this enormous underground cavern, something does disrupt your admiration; the sound of battle. Looking around, you do eventually see the fight. What appear to be gnomes of dark skin and angry little men wielding scythes and wearing red caps are fighting. Right now, the scythe wielding red caps are winning.

Knowledge Local DC11 to ID the Gnome Creatures:

Svirfneblin
N Small Humanoid
Svirfneblin, or “deep gnomes,” are a reclusive offshoot of the gnome race. They dwell underground in hidden cities, safe from dark elves and other subterranean races. They have skin the color of gray or brown stone.

Knowledge Nature DC16 to ID the Red Cap Scythe Wielders:

RedCap
NE Small Fey
Redcaps embody both capriciousness and sadism. These stumpy, misanthropic fey freaks exist seemingly to indulge in blissful bloodletting and self-indulgent slaughter. Like prune-faced, angry old men, they mollycoddle their own inefficiencies and miseries in gore.

What do you do, Pathfinders?

551 to 600 of 630 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Worg's Down the Blighted Path All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.