SFS #1-15 Save the Renkrodas (subtier 3-4) (Inactive)

Game Master Ilmakis

link toward maps

Link toward chronicle sheet


1 to 50 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Dot here

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

A grizzled, dashing human fiddles with part of his freebooter armor's framing. Geez, this thing's already starting to fall apart. Best start saving up again, can't skimp on the armor.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

A slightly frazzled looking young lady of early 20s appearance hurtles through the door. While he does have the required Starfinder subdermal implant, none of the rest of her screams Starfinder.

She is wearing a Strawberry Machine Cake fan shirt, which leaves much of her midriff bare.

"Hey-ya!" she smiles, plonking herself down. You can almost smell the chewing gum from here.

"What's up?"

Acquisitives

Male CG damaya lashunta priest mystic (overlord) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 27/28 | RP 5/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +9 | Init: +0 | Perc: +12, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/5; 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: nil

Poppilo Moraeme strides into the room like he belongs there. (Which he does of course since he's a Starfinder, but he would have done the same in any other place even if he didn't belong. So you get the idea.) The symbol of Besmara the Pirate Queen hangs openly down his front, and he makes no attempt to hide it. He is handsome and suave, and what's more, he knows it.

Poppilo glances at Gunnz briefly, looks up, then replies, "The ceiling," with an smirk on his face. That is an irritating reply and he knows it.

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Reynold rolls his eyes at the lashunta, then checks his comm. "Looks like Boss sent us a text...Esowath Conservancy, eh? Seems like we'll be hobnobbing with the bigwigs again." He reaches into his bag and pulls out a spiffy tuxedo jacket. "Good thing I clean up nice," he says with a sly grin.

Reynold has formal attire, and will wear it over his armor if permitted.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Your mission begins as you gather on the deck of a ship sailing to Ukulam on Castrovel, the Black Widow. Radaszam, the leader of the Acquisitives faction, is accompanying you for this mission.

Before you all gather on the Black Widow, Radaszam sent on your personal datapad a short message Handout #1 and also, thing quite rare in the digital world you live in, at your personal address, an analog formal invitation. Handout #2
Letting you time to buy a formal attire or anything you could find useful for such event.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Ysoki Outlaw Technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 22/22 RP 5/6 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | Saves F+1 R+3 W+5 | Initiative +2; Perception +1, Darkvision 60ft, Speed 30ft | Spells/day: 1st - 1/4, 2nd 1/3| Status: Old

An elderly ysoki with long grey whiskers and walking staff nearly as tall as himself hobbles into the room to join his fellow Starfinders. "Eh-heh! I see ol' Radaszam has gone for the young, attractive crowd again instead of lettin' real life experience take the lead. Well, I can't say I blame 'im. Society work's for the young an' the desperate--and the downright foolish, speakin' from personal experience. Anyhow, pleasure to meet ya'll. Name's Chikasa."

The ysoki finds a seat and lets out a long groan as he takes a load off until the mission kicks off in earnest.

Formal attire will be included in my pre-scenario purchases.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz can't help but giggle at Poppilo. "Right on boyo!" she smiles at the pretty man.

Formal wear? I guess that means a ball dress.

Acquisitives

Male CG damaya lashunta priest mystic (overlord) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 27/28 | RP 5/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +9 | Init: +0 | Perc: +12, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/5; 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: nil

Will purchase formal clothing also.

Poppilo raises an eyebrow very distinctively at Chikasa's comment. "Hear, hear, ol' wrinkled one! Yeah, take a seat! Don't wear yourself out before we even begin." Again that smirk.

Turning to Guunz, he flashes his most brilliant and charming smile. "Heya, Giggles! Poppilo's the name."

Finally, he turns to his faction leader, with a look of suspicion. "I mean, saving these renkies is nice and all, but ain't the Society kinda low on funds now? You know, with all the Scoured Stars and stuff? Is donating money to some lizards REALLY the best use of funds now? I mean, I can think of a ship or ten that would be really nice..."

Dataphiles

Android Envoy 4 N HP 22 / 16 RES 5 / 4 STAM 18 / 12 Speed 30ft Init 6 KAC 18 EAC 17 Fort 2 Ref 6 Will 4

GOOD EVENING COMPATRIOTS. I AM A BUFF-BOT 9000 SERIES ANDROID, FORMALLY DESIGNATED M DOT A CROSS EMPTY SET. INFORMAL DESIGNATION, MAX.

OK... so... I definitely know Reynold and Gunnz, but only... by GM credit proxy.

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Ysoki Outlaw Technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 22/22 RP 5/6 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | Saves F+1 R+3 W+5 | Initiative +2; Perception +1, Darkvision 60ft, Speed 30ft | Spells/day: 1st - 1/4, 2nd 1/3| Status: Old
Poppilo Moraeme wrote:

Will purchase formal clothing also.

Poppilo raises an eyebrow very distinctively at Chikasa's comment. "Hear, hear, ol' wrinkled one! Yeah, take a seat! Don't wear yourself out before we even begin." Again that smirk.

Turning to Guunz, he flashes his most brilliant and charming smile. "Heya, Giggles! Poppilo's the name."

Finally, he turns to his faction leader, with a look of suspicion. "I mean, saving these renkies is nice and all, but ain't the Society kinda low on funds now? You know, with all the Scoured Stars and stuff? Is donating money to some lizards REALLY the best use of funds now? I mean, I can think of a ship or ten that would be really nice..."

"Believe me, young man, I got no intention of wearing' myself out before we even get t'our mission! Gotta say, though, ya got a point about the Society's cash flow. This ain't the first fancy soiree I been on with the Society neither." Chiksasa gives Radaszam a meaningful nod, then continues. "Let's just hope this one don't turn out the same kinda way. I did buy me some specialized tools just in case though."

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 3 | SP 0/21 HP 18/25 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: -1, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll is Used!

A formian soldier walks in...well...maybe stumbles in is a better word. Seeing that the meeting is about to start, it quickly comes to attention and speaks, "Sorry I was late. One was at a party with some Yeti's....and I might have--imbibed--a bit too much of something they called 'everclear'. Name is Kitkul, and the Society is my clan. I am here to protect you all." With that it finds a place to crouch comfortably on its four legs, and checks it's messages.

You see that it is wearing nice Ceremonial officer armor, along with the typical laser pistol. A glowing blue-white mote floats near its right shoulder.

Quietly it says,"Castrovel, haven't been back since I was kicked out of my hive....will it be nice to be back on that planet...."


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

As the last Starfinder stumbles into the room where Radaszam is standing, the doors behind him close and the Black Widow departs from Absalom Station to Castrovel.
Radaszam welcome you all Thank you for coming. I suppose you all receive my invitation and explanations about what you are going to do. I have important business to attend to while traveling. I will tell you all you need to know once on Castrovel. As for the cost of this little escapade, don't worry about it. The Society and I are long partner with the Esowath Conservancy.
Enjoy the trip.

After the welcome, you need to reach the atmosphere of the planet before crossing again the Vesk but only for a quick explanation about how to reach Ukalam, your final destination, on boat.

At last as you approach the coast of a large savage continent, Radaszam summoned you. Once you have all gathered on the yacht's top deck Radaszam leans over the edge of the yacht to stare into the water before starting to talk.
I hope you’re enjoying Castrovel. We should land on Ukulam soon, several miles south of main headquarters of the Esowath Conservancy on the continent. I wanted to thank you all personally for attending the gala with me.
Charity events like this are important to preserving the beauty of the galaxy. Save the Renkrodas has really caught on. Enormous carnosaurs like renkrodas tend to feature in gruesome tales, but they are majestic and inspiring animals. Unfortunately, some renkroda subspecies are quite near to extinction. The Esowath Conservancy usually hosts one or two of these upscale fundraisers every orbit to draw attention to endangered wildlife; I try to attend when I can.
The vesk pauses uncomfortably.
Oh, I know; I’m usually all guns and glory or safety and security Look, what’s the point of fighting if you’re not fighting for something? Glory and honor grant influence; influence can change the galaxy. Wealth gives you the comforts you’ve worked hard for, but it also allows you to help others who haven’t had the best luck. I try to funnel a generous portion of my income to charities like the Esowath Conservancy, which is trying to keep the natural beauty of their planet intact.
Radaszam clears his throat. So, your mission is simple: mingle, dance, enjoy the food, and talk up the Starfinder Society.
We’re one of the sponsoring partners for this event, so it’s a chance to make a good impression on some of the socialites and corporate elites who attend these functions. See if you can make some new connections for the Society, perhaps even a few new allies.
Oh, and the Conservancy pays well for security, so the only concern you need to worry about are corporate sharks, lawyers, and any aggressive wildlife we see on the safari tour this afternoon. I’ve negotiated special passes for you. You’re permitted to carry any gear you’d like, but I recommend checking your bulky pieces with a valet: heavy weapons, power armor, that sort of thing.
This event will be broadcast live across Castrovel and then rebroadcast to other Pact Worlds, so be on your best behavior. Just relax and enjoy the gala. That said, when does everything ever go as planned?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Ysoki Outlaw Technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 22/22 RP 5/6 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | Saves F+1 R+3 W+5 | Initiative +2; Perception +1, Darkvision 60ft, Speed 30ft | Spells/day: 1st - 1/4, 2nd 1/3| Status: Old

Chikasa sits in quiet admiration of the Acquisitives leader for a short while, but he also has a job to do, so he breaks the silence eventually with a question, "Do we know anybody who's gonna be there? Anybody we mighta met b'fore? And you mentioned that these galas are usually dedicated to a particular subspecies. You know which subspecies is the focus of this one?"

The ysoki also spends some time trying to recall what he can about renkrodas in general, referencing his newly purchased library chip to look up any pertinent details he doesn't know off-hand.

Take 20 on Life Science with a library chip for a total of a 33 to recall knowledge about renkrodas.

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 3 | SP 0/21 HP 18/25 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: -1, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll is Used!

Kitkul remembers that Ukulam is the "pristine" continent, and that it is kept that way by limited travel to the continent, but thinks on what it might have heard about that continent.

Culture on Ukulam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Don't know if being from Castrovel matters or not on the roll, but I am certain that Kitkul never made it to Ukulam, so would only know what it was told when part of it's formian hive, and anything it might have learned afterwards.

Dataphiles

Android Envoy 4 N HP 22 / 16 RES 5 / 4 STAM 18 / 12 Speed 30ft Init 6 KAC 18 EAC 17 Fort 2 Ref 6 Will 4

Max will also be purchasing formal clothing. Will include it on his purchase list in the discussion thread once I iron out chronicles.

QUERY: DOES THIS MISSION CONSTITUTE A RECRUITMENT OPPORTUNITY, OR MERELY DISPLAY OF GOODWILL AND COOPERATION?
QUERY: DOES THE ORGANIZATION HAVE ANY ENEMIES OR THREATS WHICH WOULD MERIT HAVING CONVENIENTLY LOCATIONED STARFINDERS ON SITE?
QUERY: AS A 9000 SERIES BUFF-BOT, I POSSESS AN ARRAY OF ALTERNATE PERSONALITIES COMPARABLE WITH MOST DIPLOMATIC EVENTS. A SUMMARY OF CULTURAL EXPECTATIONS WOULD FACILITATE SELECTION.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Radaszam answers Chikasa's question The subspecies for this gala is the feathered renkrodas. They are endangered by poachers mostly. Their feathers adorn some expensive clothing. Though they shed feathers naturally, poachers find that hunting the beasts gets them more feathers faster. High-visibility functions like this help to make wearing renkroda feathers taboo, but sadly there’s still a hefty market for them.

As Chikasa stays silent for 2 minutes he is able to recall a lot of knowledge about the subspecies Radaszam is talking about.

Life Science up to 33 about Renkrodas:

10+: Renkrodas are bipedal reptiles with a pair of smaller forelimbs, long necks, elongated snouts, and long tails. They’re hypercarnivores who can chase down prey with deadly speed.
15+: Most renkroda species are highly territorial, using terrifying calls to maintain boundaries and scare off scavengers. Many visitors to Castrovel have heard their recognizable roars echoing from the Castrovelian wilds.
20+: Feathered renkrodas are larger than their fare more common cousins, the whiskered renkrodas. Feathered renkrodas get their names from the multicolored feathers that cover their bodies, forming patterns unique to each renkroda. They use the feathers to help regulate body temperature and puff them out to scare off competing predators or strike their prey with paralyzing fear.
25+: Though typically solitary creatures, feathered renkrodas choose mates every few years. Mated renkrodas protect their nest for a few months, then abandon each other and leave their young to fend for themselves.

Kitkul knows that Castrovel is the second planet from the Pact Worlds; sun and native home to the lashuntas, elves, and formians. He also remembers that Ukulam is a continent reserved for preservation of Castrovel’s natural beauty; permanent settlements and technology are all but forbidden here. It's certainly why that have to take a boat to get there as flying vessels are forbidden on Ukalam.

What you can know about the Esowath Conservancy

Culture (Esowath Conservancy) DC10+:

The Esowath Conservancy has been spearheading efforts to keep the continent of Ukulam free from the influences of technology and politics.

Culture (Esowath Conservancy) DC15+:
They’ve been struggling financially for several years, but their latest campaign, “Save the Renkrodas,” has sparked renewed interest in Castrovel’s wildlife across the Pact Worlds.

Culture (Esowath Conservancy) DC20+:
Due to the Esowath Conservancy’s financial and political struggles, the success or failure of this gala will likely dictate the future of conservancy efforts on Ukulam. Some corporate interests would like to shut down conservation efforts to harvest resources, while extremist ecological groups don’t think the Conservancy goes far
enough.
This insight grants all of you a +2 circumstance bonus to skill checks to impress gala attendees.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Turning to Buff-Bot-9000 Radaszam says Just chat up and make connections. The guest list is confidential, so I don’t know who will be there. I expect that there could be some influential or wealthy patrons, due to the gala’s entry fee, and everyone there will be interested in the plight of the feathered renkroda. Don’t insult anyone or get into a fight; you should do fine.
As for any enemies, the Esowath Conservancy is a charitable organization that works to preserve Ukulam and assist endangered species, like the feathered renkroda. As usual, some corporation doesn't like they work but some extremist think they don't do enough... but no real enemies I know off.
Choose the one you are the more comfortable with, BB.

Turning to the other Starfinder he asks Any other question?

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Ysoki Outlaw Technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 22/22 RP 5/6 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | Saves F+1 R+3 W+5 | Initiative +2; Perception +1, Darkvision 60ft, Speed 30ft | Spells/day: 1st - 1/4, 2nd 1/3| Status: Old

Culture of Esowath Conservancy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

"Well, from what I hear, them Esowath folks've been leadin' the charge in keepin' all the troubles of the modern world outta Ukulam--the jungle ain't no place for technology and politics accordin' to them. Can't say I disagree entirely.

"A'course, things bein' what they are these days, the whole message of keepin' tech outta someplace folks want it to be ain't exactly a popular one, so the Conservancy's been havin' a fair bit of financial trouble the past several years. Only been since they started this 'Save the Renkrodas' initiative and got folks interested in Castrovel's wildlife again that things started turnin' around for 'em.

"Now, there's some folks really appreciate what the Conservancy's doin', but there's a fair few who see things a bit different. Some corporate folk want 'em out so they can come in for the continent's resources; then there's the extremist ecological groups who don't think the Conservancy's goin' far enough to protect the continent. Heck! With the Conservancy's financial and political troubles, seems like if the Gala don't go well, then those two groups'll be onto claimin' their stakes quicker'n a pair o' goblins on a stray sprocket!"

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Last encounter is still running for me, but we are down to the BBEG I think

culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

"Oh... I remember! I dated this guy once.. he was totally into conservation. He had 'Tech free Ukulam' poster above his bed..'"

She sighs. "That one didn't end so well. I hope he isn't at this do. Then again, he rarely had two credits to rub together, so it is probably unlikely."

She wracks her brain for a moment. "Doug. That was his name. Cute, curly hair. Vegetarian. " She shakes her head.

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 3 | SP 0/21 HP 18/25 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: -1, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll is Used!

Kitkul realizes that it should go polish its armor up. It is a fine set of ceremonial armor, but it was recently in a acidic environment.

"One realizes that this is a social environment. As you said, the guest list itself is confidential. But with previous galas of the Esowath Conservancy, were any guests, or even corporations mentioned that they attended? Things like this often get mentioned somewhere in the infosphere. Speculation people or corporations attending on things like this has to have happened somewhere."

GM, just FYI, Kitkul is a sterile female, prefers "it"

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Reynold cracks a huge grin. ”You serious? This is why you’re the boss, Boss. This is a mission I can get behind! No ghosts or demons or bloodthirsty aliens. Just good food, good drink, and good company for a good cause. This is the mission I’ve been waiting for since I left Akiton.” He makes a point to straighten his bowtie in the reflection of the boat’s windows, and practices a charming smile while he does so.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"The last society mission I heard of that involved a formal ball turned out to be a blast..." notes Gunnz.

"I was off station at the time though. So.. good questions about who might be there... Anyone able to try and get... ahh... advanced access to the guest list?"

Acquisitives

Male CG damaya lashunta priest mystic (overlord) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 27/28 | RP 5/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +9 | Init: +0 | Perc: +12, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/5; 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: nil

As the boat approaches Ukalam, Poppilo sighs deeply as he stares at the jungled-covered continent. He comments to no one in particular, "You know, there is a reason why I left this planet all those years ago... All those greenery? Ugh. And now I'm back! Sigh."

Turning to Radaszam, he adds, "But fear not, brave and charitable faction leader! I will gallantly put all that behind me and charm the pants off the guests. Oh, and dresses, too, I guess." He throws him a most brilliant smile.

He takes a brief glance down at his holy symbol, then frowns. "Hmm, forgive me my goddess," he mutters as he tucks the symbol of the Pirate Queen away. "Alas, in civilisation..."

GM, as an overlord mystic, Poppilo can cast charm person using RP, and the target would forget after the duration that it was charmed. That in itself would not be helpful for socialisation because we would want any good relations to be permanent, but would doing this confer bonuses to social interactions?


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Noted! Sorry for the confusion Kitkul ;)


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

@Poppilo for 1RP per check you can get a +2 bonus to your diplomacy roll

Radaszam turns to Kitkul and Gunnz Yes, rumors. A lot of people said they're were invited. I think the most prominent corporations of the Pact World will have a representative here and I don't think any eco-terrorist will be invited!
More seriously, I don't know exactly who will be there, there were rumors but nothing of importance. The guest list is something well protected and even if I could have someone get his hand on it I preferred not to as a courtesy to the Esowath Conservancy. They have enough trouble finding founding for their cause, having a leak will have been damageable for their reputation.

As Radaszam finishes his explanations, the ship docks at a natural harbor near a secluded beach crisscrossed by flower-lined paths. Faintly shimmering energy fields surround the entire area in an enormous half-dome, while tents and other temporary structures provide a pleasant-looking provisional settlement. The gala site is in a clearing with a large animal pen and an even larger stage.

Time to change Starfinders, get your best smile and mingle with the guests. If you have bulky equipment, you can store it at the Security Station A1 on the map. I need to discuss business with the head of the security staff. So spread out and enjoy!

With that he jumps out of the boat.

the gala :
You can split the party or get together on each location marked on the map.
Choose an area and I will tell you what to do.
A1 The Security Station
A2 The Bar
A3 The Stage
A4 The Renkodra Pen
A5 The Banquet Table

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 3 | SP 0/21 HP 18/25 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: -1, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll is Used!

Kitkul finishes working on its armor, it gets into its formal clothing and then it dons its armor almost ceremoniously, having it be more an accent to its formal clothing. Making certain that it looks pristine and correctly fitting on its frame. With that done, it puts its pistol on its hip and is ready to head out.

"While I am certain that we all should split up, maybe working in groups of 2 or 3 would be best, going as an individual is also an option. Also, maybe we should have our communicators on in case we find something out of import to tell the group. I can keep telepathic communication with anybody close to me if you wish to keep it off the open airwaves. With that said, I think I wouldn't mind stopping at the Security Station before heading to the Renkodra pens. Anybody else care to join me?"

FYI everybody has been around Kitkul long enough now to know that it prefers the pronoun "it" to "she", and also that in most cases it uses the "I" pronoun correctly when talking about itself. When flustered, or trying to get something out fast, it sometimes uses the word "One" or "Oneself" to identify itself. Which BTW was a lot of fun when it was in the Captain's seat in a space combat :-)

Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsbo)

Male Ysoki Outlaw Technomancer 4 | SP 20/20 HP 22/22 RP 5/6 | KAC 14 EAC 13 | Saves F+1 R+3 W+5 | Initiative +2; Perception +1, Darkvision 60ft, Speed 30ft | Spells/day: 1st - 1/4, 2nd 1/3| Status: Old

As he tugs on the sleeve of the loose-fitting outfit he wears for his everyday clothes, Chikasa's outfit transforms into a more formal thobe.

After getting changed, he heads straight for the banquet table. He may not be living the minute-by-minute uncertain life of a desert bandit on Akiton anymore, but his first instinct is still to make sure he's set on food! As he makes his way to the table, he tries to identify some of the delicacies available.

Culture: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10

Acquisitives

Male CG damaya lashunta priest mystic (overlord) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 27/28 | RP 5/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +9 | Init: +0 | Perc: +12, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/5; 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: nil

How should we group ourselves? Pair good diplo with um... more average?

"Did someone say the bar? You know where to find me. I'll need quite a bit to get me through a night here." He looks suspiciously at the overgrown trees all around him.

In his newly acquired suit (which incidentally is cut to almost resemble a classic pirate attire), Poppilo saunters over the counter. "Heya, barkeep. A shot of rum, if you please!"


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

You can discuss the pairing on the discussion thread.
For now : Kitkul in A1, Chikasa in A5 and Poppilo in A2

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Reynold moseys over to the stage, his eyes peeled for major movers and shakers at the party.

Reynold has solid social skills as an envoy, those unsure of their diplomatic leanings are welcome to join him.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz emerges from the ship wearing a cocktail dress.

"Honesty, these little things are a bit on the frilly side for me.." she says doing a little curtsy.

How formal is elite stationware. What can it be worn as part of? I'll grab a set of second-skin as well, just to wear under the cocktail dress.

"I want to check out the stage first."

She keeps a small clutch-purse with her, with her personal items (ya know, the stuff no girl should be without. Static arc pistol and tactical baton).


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

A1: Security Station Kitkul

A small kiosk with portable barriers acts as security control for the gala. Security guards wearing Esowath Conservancy uniforms check invitations of arriving guests and monitor several small vidscreens.

The guards, seems to recognize the Starfinders and let them path without checking their invitation
Nevertheless, they check the other guests invitation and check for any weapon.

You can try to talk to the guards with a diplomacy or profession (mercenary) check

A2: Bar Poppilo

A polished wooden bar featuring a vast selection of top-shelf beverages hovers slightly off the ground behind a few low bushes.

When you arrive an android bartender is finishing a colorful cocktail called a bryrvath claw—a drink with rainbow-colored bioluminescent fish giving off black vapors. The bartender hands the drink
to a gnome wearing a black leather jacket covered in prismatic nanocarbon studs.

You can try to talk to the bartender or the gnome with a diplomacy check or the gnome alone with anything related to music, fashion or popular culture

A3: Stage Reynold, Gunnz

This modular stage sits 5 feet above ground level, with stairs on both sides. Several transmitters are built into the edges of the stage. A broad dance floor spreads out in front of the stage.

Engineering DC15:
The experimental transmitters amplify sounds to deliver a superior acoustic performance, but creatures on the stage take half again as much damage (+50%) from sonic damage effects.

The Bretheda Celestial Orchestra has sent a string quartet to play during the cocktail meet-and-greet; they currently play a subtle Eoxian piece while overseen by their stage manager.
The stage manager floats nearby with a datapad, nervously watching the performance for slip-ups or dangers. He seems quite agitated.

getting the stage manager to calm down enough to talk requires a Diplomacy or Profession (musician) check

A5: Banquet Table Chicasa

An elaborate ice sculpture of a feathered renkroda stands over a table covered with hors d’oeuvres, including formian-style barbecued mountain eel, aparian caviar, bacon-wrapped caypin
stalks, and roasted ksarik poutine.

Servers come and go from this area, replenishing the food and clearing away items from the high, round tables nearby. A small metal plate in the center of the table is a cryo-mechanism to preserve the ice sculpture in the heat.
Several corporate executives and dignitaries mingle around the banquet table. As Chicasa approaches, a regal-looking haan wearing a fine suit engages the conversation.
Greetings, I'm Ipsoth, an off-world entrepreneur. What do you think about the effort of the Conservancy to preserve the nature here, in Castrovel?

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz is awe inspired by the stage.
engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Awsome! I'm looking forward to getting up there later

She approaches the stage manager.

"Hi there. This sounds awesome, you're doing a great job!"

She encourages him. "But you look worried... something wrong?
diplomacy(aid hopefully): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Reynold's companion, a tech spec, takes a look at the stage.

Engineering (ally boon): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17

Reynold checks a text from his ally. "Looks like the stage can get pretty loud. Careful not to get hit with any sonic blasts up there." Meanwhile, Reynold approaches the stage manager alongside Gunnz. "Hey there, friend, you alright? You look a little high strung."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Yikes, some rough dicebot rolls out the gate.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Helped by Gunnz, Reynold's words seems to calm down the man who seems a little less stressed.

Thanks miss! Yeah a little, you know, it's particularly important for me that this performance goes well. That's why I'm a little nervous. All must be perfect!
But, I forgot
says the barathu. Name Ulurio, nice to meet you guys. "looking" at you he adds You don't look like the other guests, all smily and too well dressed for their own good.
This place is a nightmare! I can't relax.
Pending trouble is everywhere in this damned place. Spy drones whir too loudly. You hear that?
he pauses a few second before one of his appendices turns to the banquet And, you see this well dressed haan, yes, the one discussing with your friend? Yes? He's eyeing the string quartet unusually critically! I've seen it turning his judging face toward us several time!
And the... the BEAST?! Its pen, I'm sure, is not strong enough to contain it!!!!
A true nightmare, I tell you...

Dataphiles

Android Envoy 4 N HP 22 / 16 RES 5 / 4 STAM 18 / 12 Speed 30ft Init 6 KAC 18 EAC 17 Fort 2 Ref 6 Will 4

Max contemplates his demeanor and scouts out the crowd. After a while, he decides that his prior guise of 'Max Arturo, corporate negotiator' will suffice for this crowd and takes a moment to calibrate his vocal modulator.

INITIATE TEST PATTERN: TWAS BRILLIG, AND THE SLITHY TOVES DID GYRE AND GIMBLE IN THE WABE.

After a pause, he repeats himself with a new accent and demeanor.

"Twas brillig, and the slithy toves Did gyre and gimble in the wabe; All mimsy were the borogoves, And the mome raths outgrabe."

He nods to himself. "Sufficient."

He looks about speaks in a hushed tone to Kitkul. "I shall join you at securty and take good note of their uniforms in case... some misdirection becomes required later."

"Good day! Seems like a fair bit of force for a nature preservation gathering... I mean really... who would have a bone to pick with such a fine cause? I'm sure you're glad to be here... probably more relaxing than most of your assignments. You should see some of the business negotiations I've attended... when they go south.. WHOOOOEEEE do they go south..."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Exo-Guardians

Female (sterile) NG formian tempered pilgrim solarian 3 | SP 0/21 HP 18/25 | RP 4/5 | EAC 17; KAC 19 | Resist 5:Sonic | Fort +3; Ref +3; Will +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3, SM: -1, Blindsense (scent) 30' | Speed 25ft (30' fly with jump jets) | limited telepathy | Active conditions: Stellar Mode: OOO. Shirt Reroll is Used!

Looking around the security station, Kitkul attempts to get one of the guards attention.
Profession (Bodyguard) maybe?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12 If you don't think Bodyguard is close enough to (mercenary), consider it a Diplomacy roll, it is the same +7

"Excuse me, I am wondering if you might have a moment. I was wondering if I might get to know more about the security here. I am here to protect my charges, and I am want to make certain that everything is on the up and up here."


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

@Kitkul Bodyguard seems fine to me!

Both BB-9000 and Kitkul are able to ease the guards as they relax and seem eager to answer any question they could have.

There is a lot of potential target here, rich people or high level representative from all the biggest Pact World corporations. More importantly we are in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by wild fauna and deadly flora. If something go south, reinforcements will take several hours to get here... if we are able to call for it!

Turning to Kitkul, they say Don't worry. We have security well in hand. We’ve got drones acting as mobile security cameras feeding directly to our vidscreens here, several of us standing by to intercept threats, and even satellite scanning of the area. You and your charges, are perfectly safe.

@Kitkul and BB9000 you can asks other questions if you want

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Gunnz looks around for the spy drone. "Wow, I think that one might have Zo! enterprises logo on it. I bet he has heard about your upcoming performance and is hoping to live-stream it. Wow, what an honour that will be for you. "

She pauses, "I do hope he paid royalties."

A consummate professional he is.

sense motive: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19 Anything unusual about him?

She'll practise a few moves on the dance floor, before realising that.
"A cocktail dress, and no cocktail to go with it!" she utters, horrified.

And make her way towards the bar.

For the moment, I'm assuming Gunnz is in second skin, and one of the team who was going to the guard post has her slightly heavier duty armour packed with them.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

Ulurio says, some disappointment in its voice. I wish! No, these are security drone. Nothing to share on social unfortunately... but If we do good here, the people here could talk about my... our performance here and engage the quatuor in other fancy event. It's quite important for my career... for the group.

Nothing seems unusual about the Barathu.

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

"Well, I think they sound fantastic." says Gunnz as she waves farewell to the floating conductor. "I look forward do a bit of a dance to your music later."

She mooches on over towards the bar, but before she manages to get there, is distracted by a sound from the pen.

"Tell you what.." she calls back. "I'll check the gate is secure". So saying with a light step to her foot, and still no drink in hand, Gunnz heads over towards the cage to make sure the conductors fears have no basis in fact.


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

A4: Renkodra Pen Gunnz

Interlocked panels of polycarbon plate comprise this large square pen, which is crested with an elaborate ivy trellis. Small grates in the polycarbon panels allow a view inside.
An information kiosk stands nearby.

The grates allow gala guests to look at the feathered renkroda safely. Although the creature occasionally slams his tail into the polycarbon pen in agitation, the durable panels keep the renkroda effectively contained.

Engineering/Perception DD20:
The ivy trellis is a hologram projected over an electrified wire coil.

Although several gala attendees mill about the pen, the most distinctive is a female kasatha in a uniform matching those of the guards at the entrance. She’s checking on the pen and the renkodra's disposition.

Dataphiles

Android Envoy 4 N HP 22 / 16 RES 5 / 4 STAM 18 / 12 Speed 30ft Init 6 KAC 18 EAC 17 Fort 2 Ref 6 Will 4

Max chuckles, although to his companions there is a clear fractional second gap between the laugh and the expression. "My compatriot here certainly is a bit... paranoid. But that is quite a good thing in its field! I certainly have had my fair share of... lax guards at events. It only takes one whackjob with a bone to pick to turn the simplest of negotiations into a firefight. And as you say... this is a target rich environment. I presume you're all trained in the non-lethal neutralization of wildlife theats? You know, in the event that something breaks free?"

He shrugs. "My apologies, I don't mean to be pushy but it's my nature. Having worked with the Starfinder Society for so long it always just feels like some crisis is about to break out or something. Well, if anything does, just remember you can count on us!"

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

Following the barathu's concern, Reynold eyes the haan from a distance.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
Sense Motive (expertise): 1d20 + 9 + 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + (4) + 1 = 20

"Look, Ulurio, I don't hear anything but your music, and it sounds spiffy. You folks are the real deal, and these bigwigs are lucky to have you here!"

Assuming nothing catches his interest: Reynold then walks over the the kasatha woman by the pen. "Everything look secure? I know we're here to save the renkrodas, but the messaging might be off if we wind up needing saving from them, you know?"

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16
life science: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21 Trying to see if the Rekodra is in good shape, or unusually agitated at all.

She'll mutter into the coms set on the groups private channel "Hey all. Hands away from the trellis if you come to the enclosure, it is electrified."

She wanders over to read the sign. "Doesn't seem fair having one couped up here just for our entertainment does it? Still, I guess the guests like to see what they are paying to save."

Wandering up to the guard, she does her dipsy-chic best awe inspired look.

"Do ya think we'll all be safe from it? That tail could take our a whole platoon of Vesk guards with one swipe."

Acquisitives

Male CG damaya lashunta priest mystic (overlord) 4 | SP 24/24 HP 27/28 | RP 5/7 | EAC 15; KAC 15 | Fort +1; Ref +1; Will +9 | Init: +0 | Perc: +12, SM: +10 | Speed 30ft | Healing Touch 1/1 | Detect Thoughts 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/5; 2nd 1/3 | Active conditions: nil

Poppilo first turns his attention to the bartender admiringly. "My, my, you certainly look skilled with that! You know what? Scratch my rum. Let's see you hustle up another one of that magnificent concoction."
diplomacy, publicist: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 = 16
"So, who's who around here?"

Once he's gotten his drink on hand, he turns to the gnome. "As they say, imitation is the best form of flattery. You certainly have an fascinating choice of poison. Cheers!"
diplomacy, publicist: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 = 27
"Name's Poppilo by the way, and spacefaring's my game." That's more innocent than pirating, that's for sure. He looks up and down the gnome before adding, "And if I have to guess, I'd say you're a trendsetter!"


Map #1-09 (The Cavern) Chase Rules & Buggy

A1: Security Station Kitkul & BB-9000

Yes, all our weapon are stun gun. We don't want to kill any wild beast nor endanger the guests if something bad happen. Muldoi makes sure of it!
Muldoi? She's the head of security. She’s a kasatha naturalist who’s served the Esowath Conservancy a lot longer than we have. Her heart may be in conservation, but she knows security procedures like the back of her hands. A good one to have as a boss.
If you want more info about our security measures, you can talk to her. She's near the Pen, making sure the Renkodra is not too agitated by all these people and agitation.

A2: Bar Poppilo

Thank you. name Enravik-1. Mostly important people. You see this guy here, he's some bigwig from Arabani Arms, LTD. This one she's from Ereus Teletech and this one from Astral Extraction. That's why the security is so tight.

The gnome smile widely at Poppilo Oh! Thank man! I'm Poshment Jamjet! But you certainly already knows me. There, my digital autograph. That's only the tenth I've signed today but I'm always happy to do it. The success ransom as we say.
I will perform later after these jackass from the Bretheda Celestial Orchestra! My music is so better than theirs!

You understand that Poshment Jamiet is a talented techno-musician. He is a rapid-fire and lively conversationalist, and he’s happy to engage Poppilo in discussion about music, fashion, and
popular culture but nothing more interesting.

A3: Stage Reynold

Reynold easily sees the well dressed Haan, discussing with his fellow Starfinders. From his position, it's difficult to see why it seems so interested by the quartet's playing.
Ulurio seems happy that Reynold thinks his quartet is beyond good and thanks the Starfinder for his kind words and seems better reassured than before.

A4: Renkodra Pen Gunnz, Reynold

As Gunnz moves to look at the kiosk she sees that it contains many informations about the Renkodra. It displays short holovids of feathered renkrodas and an encyclopedic info-page about their life cycle, providing all of the information that Chikasa tells you on the boat. The kiosk also notes that this renkroda is named Vossi, and that he’s been captive for about a month while recovering from a broken leg that could have been a life-threatening injury in the wild. Vossi is almost completely recovered, and the Esowath Conservancy intends to release him back into the
wild the following day.

Once she finishes to read all the info, she's joined by Reynold and together they move to the Kasatha guard.

Don't worry Starfinders, there isn’t any danger from the renkroda and he’ll be released back into the wild tomorrow. I make sure that nothing happen to him.

The kasatha is professional but distant, you can ease her mind with a Diplomacy or Life Science check

Dataphiles

Human Female Operative (ace pilot)-5 (Spaceship speed +1 from sky jockey) SP 16/40; HP 34/34; Res 7/7; Reroll 1/1; Cloak 9/10; KAC20 ; EAC 19; Fort 5; Ref 9; Will 4; Perc +9; SM +9; Stealth +15 (+19 for trick shot)

Well, you certainly seem to be doing a good job with Vossi. Back to the wild tomorrow? Fantastic." gushes Gunnz.

life sciences: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

"I feel so much better knowing there was a proper reason for her being here, not just on display for us."

Acquisitives

Male Human Envoy (outlaw) 7; SP 49/49, HP 46/46, RP 9/9; EAC 20, KAC 22, CMD 30; F +5, R +9, W +5; Spd 30 ft.; Init +4; Perception +10, darkvision 60 ft.

"Truly you are doing the people'e work by keeping this big fella safe. We're all so grateful for your expertise and help in restoring the feathered renkroda population."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

9_9

1 to 50 of 345 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / SFS #1-15 Save the Renkrodas All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.