[Outpost II] GM CariMac's 4-7 Severing Ties (Inactive)

Game Master CariMac


1 to 50 of 480 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

Welcome to the gameplay thread for my Outpost II Severing Ties game.

Please Dot and Delete in this thread. Feel free to introduce yourselves in the Discussion Thread.


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

The crisp chill of the Arcadian Ocean can be clearly felt as it sweeps across the fetid waters of Riddleport Harbor and onto the city streets, and the briny air inspires recent memories. Only a few days ago, back in Magnimar, Venture-Captain Sheila Heidmarch detailed the covert mission from behind the oaken desk in her office. “Lissala is the Thassilonian goddess of runes, fate, and obedience,” she explained. “Her followers are wicked and secretive, but they can be bought for the right price. The Aspis Consortium offered that price. In exchange for creating a back door into the Hao Jin Tapestry—a museum demiplane that we Pathfinders thought was entirely our own—the Aspis Consortium promised a river of wealth to the secretive cult. The Pathfinder Society ejected the Aspis Consortium from the Hao Jin Tapestry and the Consortium defaulted on its contract with the cult of Lissala. As you might expect from followers of a goddess of duty, the Lissalans are irate at the Aspis Consortium for defaulting. Tensions between the two groups are at their breaking point, and I need you to finish the job.

“Vidrin Jenk is a silver agent in the Aspis Consortium, newly arrived in Riddleport and anxious to prove his worth to the organization. The Aspis Consortium recently purchased the Barracuda Cartage company, and Jenk operates out of the offices there. Jenk plans to patch up relations with the cult of Lissala, which is well hidden somewhere in Riddleport. To help him, Jenk requisitioned a group of Aspis Consortium specialists—all bronze agents led by a mysterious troubleshooter named Thestil Shadowtongue.”

At this point, Venture-Captain Heidmarch slid several bronze badges across the desk, some flecked with blood. “Those specialists aren’t going to make it to Riddleport. You are. I want you to pretend to be the Aspis Consortium agents Jenk requested. Do as he asks, but only to keep suspicion off of you until you find out where the cult of Lissala is hiding. Once you know that, I need you to do two things. First, sabotage the Lissalan safe house as completely as possible. Second, throw the blame for the sabotage onto the Aspis Consortium.

“How you complete these tasks I leave to your discretion, but I want you to keep murder to a minimum. One of the Lissalan cultists is feeding us information, and I don’t want to risk you killing this valuable source. Furthermore, we want the Lissalans to remain alive so they can turn their full ire against the Aspis Consortium. Once you’ve accomplished these two mission objectives, return here.”

Heidmarch smiles broadly. “Welcome to the Aspis Consortium. Introduce yourselves to each other. Any questions before you leave for Riddleport?”

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/5 | HP: 28/43 (raging) or 38/38 AC Norm/Tch/FF: 21/10/20(raging) or 22/11/2 | CMB/CMD: +5/19(raging) or +4 /18 | F/R/W: +10/5/11(raging,heroism) or +7/3/7 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +11, Intimidate +11, Kn Arcana +7, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +6, Kn Other: +2, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +11, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: none

"Well, well. Seems fitting to be thrown from dealing with the cult or Razmir to one worshipping another greedy deity. You humans do seem to have a thing for greedy gods."

Syllyn is a crimson crested lizard man with breastplate armor and an adamantine scimitar. His hands are in constant motion, rapping out rhythms on his belt, shield, breastplate, table, whatever is at hand.

The Exchange

Male Human Varisian Slayer 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC 18 (T12, FF 16) (+1 vs. traps) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7 R:+7 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps) | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 vs. traps), SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy/Intimidate +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Acrobatics +6 (+9 to jump), Climb +10, Disable Device +8, Dungeoneering. +5, Geography +5, Local +8, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +5 | AoO: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ruslo is a tall Varisian man. He has a small patch of facial hair under his lower lip. He wears a Varisian head scarf. Earrings glint in the light. At his hip is a grappling hook with a length of rope. He wears very fine crocodile leather boots.

“Hey there everyone! I’m Ruslo.” He has a friendly smile.

Ruslo winks at Lady Naysha “Very nice to see you again little lady.”

At the sight of Fuzzzy he grins, “Old man! Good to see you found your way.” Ruslo pats Bobby on the head and feeds the owl a piece of rations.

At the first mention of the Apis Consortium Rulo scowls deeply.

Ruslo grins at Syllyn's remark. "Ha! We do like our coins."

With a frown Ruslo picks up one of the badges and examines it. "So this Thestil Shadowtongue... What can you tell us about him? What does he look like? One of us is gonna have to be him, right? And the others his agents? Has Thestil ever met Vidrin?

Dark Archive

LN Female Dwarf Geokineticist 4 | | HP: 39/39, 3 NL | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 (21 vs. bull rush, 21 vs. trip) | F: +10, R: +9, W: +4 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Init: +5 | Speed 20ft (climb 20 ft) | P: +8 SM +1 | DR 3/adamantine | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: elemental overflow

The dwarf joining you is particularly short, even for a dwarf, but the normal amount of stout, giving her an almost spherical appearance. Her long red hair is braided in an elaborate and traditional dwarven fashion, but the war hammer at her side looks barely used. When she gets bored, she's in the habit of pointing with a finger to create swirls and patterns on dusty surfaces.

"This seems very dangerous, ma'am. I'm sure it's necessary, but what are you doing to keep us safe?"

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Investigator (empiricist) 4 | hp 31/31 | AC 20 (19 w/o buckler) T 14 FF 17 (16 w/o buckler) | F +3 R +8 (+9 vs. traps) W +5, +2 vs illusion/disbelievable effects, +2 vs shadow | Inspiration 2/6 | Light and Dark 1/1 | Percept +11+1d6 (+2 vs traps), Darkvision 60ft, Sense Motive +9+1d6 | Studied Combat +2/+2 (4 rounds), Studied Strike +1d6 | Current Conditions: shield (current AC 23, FF 20)

A small shadowy figure in a trench coat and a fedora leans against the wall, blending in with the shadows. He wears a well-tailored double-breasted mithril waistcoat below a bow-tie, and does not seem to have any obvious weapons about him aside from the elegant cane leaned against the wall beside him. As he listens to the venture-captain, his hands are busy folding a piece of paper.

"Sounds that way, Ruslo" he says, placing an intricately-folded figure of a sheep on the desk and picking up one of the badges. "Should be interesting. My name's Sok, by the way. It's a please to meet you all." Those of you with knowledge of the humanoid races of golarion will recognize Sok as a wayang.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/5 | HP: 28/43 (raging) or 38/38 AC Norm/Tch/FF: 21/10/20(raging) or 22/11/2 | CMB/CMD: +5/19(raging) or +4 /18 | F/R/W: +10/5/11(raging,heroism) or +7/3/7 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +11, Intimidate +11, Kn Arcana +7, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +6, Kn Other: +2, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +11, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: none

"Tell me more about the Aspice. How are they organized? You mentioned something about silver and bronze ranks. Is that important? Where are they based? What are the names of their main members? If we are going to be pretending that were are members of that organization, every bit helps."


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

Venture-Captain Heidmarch has enough bronze badges for each of you. The badges depict the serpenton-shield emblem of the Aspis Consortium. One of the badges is more ornate than the others.

Heidmarch replies to Ruslo, “That’s the best part of this: Jenk doesn’t know anything about Thestil Shadowtongue other than by reputation. Thestil is known to be a loyal Aspis Consortium agent, but goes to great lengths to remain mysterious and anonymous. Almost no one knows what race Thestil is, or even whether Thestil is a man or a woman. I recommend that your best liar claim to be Thestil Shadowtongue, and that he or she emphasizes Thestil’s ‘enigmatic spy’ reputation.”

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Investigator (empiricist) 4 | hp 31/31 | AC 20 (19 w/o buckler) T 14 FF 17 (16 w/o buckler) | F +3 R +8 (+9 vs. traps) W +5, +2 vs illusion/disbelievable effects, +2 vs shadow | Inspiration 2/6 | Light and Dark 1/1 | Percept +11+1d6 (+2 vs traps), Darkvision 60ft, Sense Motive +9+1d6 | Studied Combat +2/+2 (4 rounds), Studied Strike +1d6 | Current Conditions: shield (current AC 23, FF 20)

"That sounds like a wise plan. I'm quite sure, though, that it won't be me donning that disguise. I'm more the silent-observation type than the active-lying type."


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

Regarding the Aspis:

Know Local 10+:
The Aspis Consortium is a supranational trade organization with shadowy leadership and a reputation for ruthless trade practices.

Know Local 15+:
The Aspis Consortium hires countless common mercenaries and merchants. Bronze agents hold the lowest rank of actual membership in the Consortium. Bronze agents are overseen by silver agents, who are in turn overseen by gold agents. A gold agent usually administers affairs in a large city or small nation.

Know Local 20+:
The Aspis Consortium has made several loans to power groups in Riddleport, including the three primary temples. These loans were drafted with intensely legalistic language and included steep interest rates, which the temples are often reluctant to pay, further entrenching them in debt.

Regarding Lissala:

Know History 15+:
Lissala was the Thassilonian deity of runes, fate, duty, and obedience. Her worshipers are generally sadistic self-flagellants who believe that self-inflicted pain opens the mind to enlightenment.

Know History 20+:
Lissala taught the seven virtues of rulership to Thassilonians, but these virtues became perverted under the runelords to reflect the seven mortal sins. At that time, Lissala’s worship grew more secretive and more sadistic. Many scholars assume that Lissala, like most Thassilonian gods, is no longer worshiped.

Know Hitory 30+:
Lissala may have created rune magic. Her followers commonly use runes and glyphs, including rune-carved guardians akin to golems.

Regarding Riddleport:

Knowledge (local) or Knowledge (religion) 15+:
Riddleport’s primary temples are the Publican House, a tavern-temple of Cayden Cailean; the House of the Silken Veil, a brothel-temple of Calistria; and the Fish Bowl, a temple of Besmara.

Knowledge (local) or Knowledge (religion) 20+:
The Publican House is the tavern-temple of Cayden Cailean. All are welcome in this crowded, rowdy drinking hall, except for cyphermages. Gambling and drinking contests are common at the Publican House.

Knowledge (local) or Knowledge (religion) 25+:
The Besmaran priests at the Fish Bowl are rumored to perform blood sacrifices on those who have displeased the Pirate Queen. These sacrifices often involve feeding victims to dangerous sea creatures.

Knowledge (local) or Knowledge (religion) 30+:
Worshipers of Calistria whisper that Shorafa Pamodae, mistress of the House of the Silken Veil, harbors a seething hatred of Vidrin Jenk.


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

The Venture Captain gives the dwarven woman an studying look. "You do realize you are here on a Pathfinder mission? You are responsible for your safety. You should be safe from Jenk's if you can convince him you are Aspis agents, but you DID sign the waiver of liability when you joined the Society."

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Investigator (empiricist) 4 | hp 31/31 | AC 20 (19 w/o buckler) T 14 FF 17 (16 w/o buckler) | F +3 R +8 (+9 vs. traps) W +5, +2 vs illusion/disbelievable effects, +2 vs shadow | Inspiration 2/6 | Light and Dark 1/1 | Percept +11+1d6 (+2 vs traps), Darkvision 60ft, Sense Motive +9+1d6 | Studied Combat +2/+2 (4 rounds), Studied Strike +1d6 | Current Conditions: shield (current AC 23, FF 20)

re: Aspis
Knowledge (local), inspiration: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 10 + (4) = 24

re: Lissala
Knowledge (history), inspiration: 1d20 + 8 + 1d6 ⇒ (13) + 8 + (3) = 24

re: Riddleport
Knowledge (local), inspiration: 1d20 + 10 + 1d6 ⇒ (18) + 10 + (5) = 33

------

”We’ve all heard about the Aspis—shadowy leadership, spanning nations (sounds familiar, eh, though I like to think we’re a bit less cutthroat than they are). I’ve been doing a some research on them, and can share what I know. They’ve got three levels of agents, Bronze, Silver, and Gold (who are akin to our Venture-Captains, from what I can tell), but they also hire lots of mercenaries and the like that don’t have badges of any type. I’ve that they’ve recently been making loans to powerful groups around Riddleport, including to temples, with some complicated contracts attached. Seems like that may have been causing some friction.

”If the Aspis are connected to the Lissalans, that could be bad news; anyone that worships through pain and flagellation worries me. It’s odd, too, since she originally taught her followers virtues rather than sins, but I suppose all religions change over time.

”I guess it shouldn’t be too surprising to hear rumors about them here in Riddleport, though, considering some of the other temples in town. I’m sure the Caydenites at the Publican House are nice enough. The Besmaran temple at the Fish Bowl, though…I’ve heard some worrying rumors about feeding those that have displeased the Pirate Queen to the predators of the sea. Anyway, the most interesting to us might be the Calistrians at the Silken Veil. There are whispers that the mistress there, Shorafa Pamodae, hates Vidrin Jenk. Perhaps there’s something there we can leverage.”

Unlocked everything except the DC 30 spoiler for history.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/5 | HP: 28/43 (raging) or 38/38 AC Norm/Tch/FF: 21/10/20(raging) or 22/11/2 | CMB/CMD: +5/19(raging) or +4 /18 | F/R/W: +10/5/11(raging,heroism) or +7/3/7 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +11, Intimidate +11, Kn Arcana +7, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +6, Kn Other: +2, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +11, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: none

"Well, I'm no good at bluffing. I'm an open and honest sort at heart. Hopefully someone else can pull the subterfuge off."

We may be severely lacking in bluff unless we have another character that has not introduced herself.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

I am labelling my posts because sometimes they get mixed up and Fuzzzy's intro always takes a lot of posts in a row. Post 1:

An old man with a long white beard, loose robes, and a fantastic floppy wizard's hat wanders into the room. He grins at all the people, looks around and says. ”Bobby? Where am I?”


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Post Two:

”Where am I?” his Magnificent Hat echoes.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Post Three

A little owl lands on the old man's shoulder. ”Hooooo!”

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Post Four

The old man smiles. ”Well, if you say so, Bobby!”

He looks at the other people nearby — including the people who seem to know him — and says, ”I’m sorry, have we met? I can't seem to recall…”


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Post Five:

”Recall!” the magnificent hat encourages.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Post Six:

”My name is…” He strokes his beard in thought. ”Ah... That is to say... Hmmm... I can't seem to recall... It's all rather fuzzy….” Suddenly he smiles. ”Ah, yes! That's it! Fuzzzy! My name is FUZZZY! Pleased to meet you! Have we met? I can't seem to recall…”

Looking at his owl, Fuzzzy asks, ”What am I doing here, again…?”


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Post Seven

”Here again!” the Hat explains.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Post Eight

”Hooooooo!” replies the owl.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Post Nine

”Ah, yes! A mission!” he exclaims with a smile. ”I love missions! I'm a Pathfinder, you know!” He nods his head proudly and then suddenly looks confused. ”I’m sorry, have we met? I can't seem to recall…”

As the mission briefing continues Fuzzzy smiles and nods along, but you’re not sure he’s absorbing anything. His owl looks like its paying pretty close attention though. Eventually he strokes his beard in thought...

History: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

"Hmmm... Interesting! I love playing games! And this one sounds delightful!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Post Ten

"Delightful!"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Post Eleven

"Hooo! Hoo-ooo!"

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Post Twelve

"Really? Well, if you say so." Fuzzzy replies to his bird. Looking to the others he says, "I should not be Thestil Shadowtongue. Or, at least, my owl says I shouldn't. And I'm inclined to believe him. He's a rather clever bird, you know."

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Even though she is a grown up woman, Lady Naysha looks like a young, teenage girl. She has black hair, a bright smile, and eyes that sparkle with joy. She wears very fancy clothes and jewelry, and always carries around her beloved stuffed rabbit, Miss Whiskers.

When she is given a letter by a messenger to meet for her eighth assignment, she smiles and claps her hands! Lady Naysha was in her garden, playing with her fairy friends. Pixies, and brownies and fairies and lots of others too! She had waved goodbye and skipped off to prepare for her mission!

"Oh, boy! This one says we're going to Riddleport! I have never been on a mission in the Riddleport before! Won't this be fun, Miss Whiskers?"

Lady Naysha and Miss Whiskers skipped down the road to get to the docks, all of her fey friends followed her. She couldn't see them right now, but even walking through the roads she knew they were there!

----

On the boat ride from Magnimar to Riddleport she giggles and jumps up and down on the deck. "Whoah! It' rocking! So much FUN!!"

Lots of sailors turned to look at her. She only looked like a child. They did not think she belonged. But, Lady Naysha did not mind. She knew she did. She was a Pathfinder. And a good one!

---

In the meeting with everyone Lady Naysha smiles at them, showing off all of her sparkling clean teeth, and curtsies. "Nice to meet you! I'm Lady Naysha! And THIS is Miss Whiskers!" She holds up a big, stuffed rabbit toy. "She's happy to meet you too!"

The stuffed rabbit doesn't seem to move or anything.

"And these are my fairy friends!" she says pointing behind her. "Come out, fairy friends!"

Nothing seems to come out.

Lady Naysha giggles like it's a real funny joke! "They're very silly," she explains.

Recognizing some of the other Pathfinders, she waves happily. "Hello again Fuzzzy, Bobby, and Fuzzzy's Hat! What's up?" When Fuzzzy doesn't remember her, Lady Naysha laughs again. "Oh, Fuzzzy! You're so silly. We went on a bunch of missions together. You're a Pathfinder, you know!" she winks at Bobby.

She smiles at Ruslo. "Hi again, Ruslo! Nice to see you."

Then she settles in for the mission briefing. "Oh, don't worry everyone. I'll make a great Thestil Shadowtongue. I'm a magician. And this is going to be my grandest trick yet!" she smiles brightly. "Won't it Miss Whiskers?"

The stuffed rabbit does not reply.

Lady Naysha nods as if it has. "Good point!" She looks at the Venture Captain. "Where were the agents we're supposed to be impersonating coming from?"

---

After the mission briefing, Lady Naysha puts on a magic show for everyone. She pulls rabbits out of hats, performs card and dice tricks, and tells really funny jokes.

Profession Magician: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Perform Comedy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Why do seagulls fly over the sea?"

Punch Line:

"Because if they flew over the bay, they'd be bagels!"

"What lies at the bottom of the ocean and twitches?"

Punch Line:

"A nervous wreck!"

"Why did Miss Whiskers say no to dessert?"

Punch Line:

"Because she was stuffed."

She smiles and picks the paper sheep up off of the desk. "Can I have this, Sok? I like it. Can you make me a paper rabbit? I love rabbits."

Dark Archive

LN Female Dwarf Geokineticist 4 | | HP: 39/39, 3 NL | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 (21 vs. bull rush, 21 vs. trip) | F: +10, R: +9, W: +4 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Init: +5 | Speed 20ft (climb 20 ft) | P: +8 SM +1 | DR 3/adamantine | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: elemental overflow

Aglynn keeps unwavering eye contact with the venture captain. "Aye. I know what I've agreed to."

The dwarf smiles at the introductions of the others. "I don't believe we've worked together yet, but I'm sure we'll get along great."

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/5 | HP: 28/43 (raging) or 38/38 AC Norm/Tch/FF: 21/10/20(raging) or 22/11/2 | CMB/CMD: +5/19(raging) or +4 /18 | F/R/W: +10/5/11(raging,heroism) or +7/3/7 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +11, Intimidate +11, Kn Arcana +7, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +6, Kn Other: +2, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +11, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: none

Syllyn is mystified by the antics of the two misfits and decided that if he EVER become a venture captain he is going to institute entrance exams that would prevent the insane from joining the guild. But he says nothing, and like the dwarf, just smiles. It just doesn't pay to antagonize folks that are going to have to have your back. His nervous drumming does increase in tempo and volume though.

The Exchange

Male Human Varisian Slayer 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC 18 (T12, FF 16) (+1 vs. traps) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7 R:+7 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps) | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 vs. traps), SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy/Intimidate +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Acrobatics +6 (+9 to jump), Climb +10, Disable Device +8, Dungeoneering. +5, Geography +5, Local +8, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +5 | AoO: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ruslo smiles at Lady Naysha. "You'll be a great Thestil." He takes the fanciest badge and passes it to Lady Naysha, then takes another badge and pins it onto Fuzzzy's robes. "This is yours, Old Man."


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

Ms. Heidmarch looks at the assembled Pathfinders, and shakes her head. "All right then. Miss Naysha is your Thestil Shadowtongue. I don't know where they were coming from, but I can tell you. They won't be showing up in Riddleport. Any other questions? Ready to head to the city of Cyphers?"

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Investigator (empiricist) 4 | hp 31/31 | AC 20 (19 w/o buckler) T 14 FF 17 (16 w/o buckler) | F +3 R +8 (+9 vs. traps) W +5, +2 vs illusion/disbelievable effects, +2 vs shadow | Inspiration 2/6 | Light and Dark 1/1 | Percept +11+1d6 (+2 vs traps), Darkvision 60ft, Sense Motive +9+1d6 | Studied Combat +2/+2 (4 rounds), Studied Strike +1d6 | Current Conditions: shield (current AC 23, FF 20)
Lady Naysha wrote:
She smiles and picks the paper sheep up off of the desk. "Can I have this, Sok? I like it. Can you make me a paper rabbit? I love rabbits."

"That? Oh, sure. It's just something I do to keep my hands busy while I think. I've never folded a rabbit before, but I bet I can figure it out while we travel."

Turning to the Venture-Captain he adds "I'm ready, Ma'am."

Dark Archive

LN Female Dwarf Geokineticist 4 | | HP: 39/39, 3 NL | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 (21 vs. bull rush, 21 vs. trip) | F: +10, R: +9, W: +4 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Init: +5 | Speed 20ft (climb 20 ft) | P: +8 SM +1 | DR 3/adamantine | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: elemental overflow

Aglynn pins a badge to her blouse, then covers it up with her mithral chain shirt.

"I'm ready. As my father always said, ore in the rock can't be worked."

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/5 | HP: 28/43 (raging) or 38/38 AC Norm/Tch/FF: 21/10/20(raging) or 22/11/2 | CMB/CMD: +5/19(raging) or +4 /18 | F/R/W: +10/5/11(raging,heroism) or +7/3/7 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +11, Intimidate +11, Kn Arcana +7, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +6, Kn Other: +2, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +11, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: none

"I'm ready. This should be interesting. Riddleport is part of the land of bards is it not?"

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

I am ready

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Ready for what?
I'm ready


"What?" replies the hat.

Silver Crusade

Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Hoooo! Hooo

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Fuzzzy nods, "Oh yes!"

The Exchange

Male Human Varisian Slayer 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC 18 (T12, FF 16) (+1 vs. traps) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7 R:+7 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps) | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 vs. traps), SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy/Intimidate +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Acrobatics +6 (+9 to jump), Climb +10, Disable Device +8, Dungeoneering. +5, Geography +5, Local +8, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +5 | AoO: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ruslo adjusts the badge on his vest.
"Well, let's do this." He smirks.


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

You arrive in Riddleport in the evening.

The Aspis Consortium’s headquarters in Riddleport is a dilapidated compound showing signs of recent repair. The cartage company’s main building rises three stories above the filthy streets. Behind this main building stands a coach-house large enough for four wagons. A weedy yard is enclosed by a high brick wall, but the large wooden doors to the yard stand open to admit new business, even in this evening hour. Beside the doors, a wooden sign reads, “Barracuda Cartage. Under New Management.”

A group of six thuggish Aspis Consortium mercenaries loiter in the loading yard, overseeing a dozen laborers loading carts with a large shipment of fine sailcloth. They look at you when you arrive, but don't say anything.

Dark Archive

Male Nagaji L/N Skald/5 | HP: 28/43 (raging) or 38/38 AC Norm/Tch/FF: 21/10/20(raging) or 22/11/2 | CMB/CMD: +5/19(raging) or +4 /18 | F/R/W: +10/5/11(raging,heroism) or +7/3/7 | Init: +1 | Speed 20 ft | Low-light Vision | Bluff +3, Climb +2, Diplomacy +7, HAnm +11, Intimidate +11, Kn Arcana +7, Kn Hist/Local/Nature/Nobility +6, Kn Other: +2, Perc: +7, Perform (Percussion) +11, Spellcraft +4, UMD +7 | Active Conditions: none

Before arriving, Syllyn casts Heroism on Naysha, figuring she is going to need all the help she can get pulling off the bluff.

Syllyn then lurks in the background, letting Naysha 'Thestil Shadowtongue' make the first overture.

Sovereign Court

Female Human Oracle 4 | HP: 31/31 | AC 15 (T13, FF 13) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+4 R:+4 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +0, SM +1, Bluff +12, Diplomacy +12 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 4/4, 1st: 7/7 | Flicker: 2/2, Assumed Form (at will), Whimsical Prank (at will, +9) | Active Conditions: None

Lady Naysha skips up to the men and smiles, showing off her sparkly white teeth. "I'm here to see your boss. Take me to see Vidrin Jenk, please." She smiles sweetly again and flashes the man her badge.

"Now."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 12 + 2 = 27

Silver Crusade

Male owl familiar (emissary) | HP: 7/7 | AC 17 (T15, FF 14) | CMB: +2 CMD: 10 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+5 | Init +3 | Perc +10, SM +2 | Fly +7, Stealth +14 | | Speed 10 ft., Fly 60 ft. | Touch of Good: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

"Hoooo!"

Silver Crusade

Old Male Human Wizard 3 HP: 20/20 | AC 12 (T12, FF 10) | CMB: +3 CMD: 15 | F:+2 R:+3 W:+2 | Init +2 | Perc -1 (+2 in shadows or darkness), SM -1, Bluff/Diplo/Intim +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 2nd: 2/2, 1st: 3/3 | A Sure Thing: 1/1, Hand of the Apprentice: 7/7, Share Will: 1/1, Volatile Conduit: 1/1 | Active Conditions: None

Fuzzzy follows behind Lady Naysha and smiles. "I can't wait!" He leans forward and explains to the men. "We have a job to do, you know!" He nods wisely.


"Job to do!" the hat agrees.

The Exchange

Male Human Varisian Slayer 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC 18 (T12, FF 16) (+1 vs. traps) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7 R:+7 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps) | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 vs. traps), SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy/Intimidate +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Acrobatics +6 (+9 to jump), Climb +10, Disable Device +8, Dungeoneering. +5, Geography +5, Local +8, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +5 | AoO: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Standing behind Lady Naysha, Ruslo nods. "Yeah, you heard the boss lady." He opens his vest to show off his Aspis badge inside.

Dark Archive

Male Wayang Investigator (empiricist) 4 | hp 31/31 | AC 20 (19 w/o buckler) T 14 FF 17 (16 w/o buckler) | F +3 R +8 (+9 vs. traps) W +5, +2 vs illusion/disbelievable effects, +2 vs shadow | Inspiration 2/6 | Light and Dark 1/1 | Percept +11+1d6 (+2 vs traps), Darkvision 60ft, Sense Motive +9+1d6 | Studied Combat +2/+2 (4 rounds), Studied Strike +1d6 | Current Conditions: shield (current AC 23, FF 20)

Sok just stares, silently, from beneath his fedora.

Dark Archive

LN Female Dwarf Geokineticist 4 | | HP: 39/39, 3 NL | AC: 19 (14 Tch, 16 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 17 (21 vs. bull rush, 21 vs. trip) | F: +10, R: +9, W: +4 (+2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities) | Init: +5 | Speed 20ft (climb 20 ft) | P: +8 SM +1 | DR 3/adamantine | Burn: 1 | Active conditions: elemental overflow

Aglynn adjusts her armor so her badge is visible. She stands silently next to Sok.


Dragonskull |PBP Singnup

The Aspis look at Lady Natasha and stop their work. "Of course ma'am. Let me show you and your companions where his office is on the second floor. “Boss Jenk” is this way."

Vidrin Jenk is a snappish, sharpnosed administrator dressed in the elaborate finery of a merchant-prince. He stands behind a desk strewn with contracts and ledgers, doing his best to read multiple papers at once.

He looks up at you as you enter. Seeing your badges he looks shrewdly at “Thestil Shadowtongue.”

Lady Natasha I need a bluff check please.

The Exchange

Male Human Varisian Slayer 4 | HP: 36/36 | AC 18 (T12, FF 16) (+1 vs. traps) | CMB: +7 CMD: 19 | F:+7 R:+7 W:+3 (+1 vs. traps) | Init +2 | Perc +7 (+8 vs. traps), SM +5, Bluff +4, Diplomacy/Intimidate +0 | Speed 20 ft. | Acrobatics +6 (+9 to jump), Climb +10, Disable Device +8, Dungeoneering. +5, Geography +5, Local +8, Sleight of Hand +7, Stealth +5 | AoO: 3/3 | Active Conditions: None

Ruslo stands tall, looking tough -- but being sure to treat Thestil Shadowtongue as his superior.

1 to 50 of 480 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [Outpost II] GM CariMac's 4-7 Severing Ties All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.