[OutPost II]Redelia's Through Maelstrom Rift (Inactive)

Game Master Dennis Muldoon

map


51 to 100 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"Well, I'm not against talking to him. He just seems so dreadfully dull. Be sure to ask him what he does with his time off."


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Rhyol somehow manages to look dubious. "Hsssomeone who isn't afraid, would beee a better matchhh.

"But we don't have to ssstart with Nixsss. Our cause is good, hssso Raszsakim should agree."


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

As you tell Razakim about yourselves, at first he laughs good naturedly, but then admits he likes your idealism. He seems to be happy to consider taking you, but needs a bit of convincing.

Please tell me what you say, and roll a relevant skill check. I'd rather leave this open rather than give you a particular skill you must use, and the scenario allows for that in this case.


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

We seek to understand about an imbalance which may be affecting the winds here in the Heart of All Wind... Krakos begins, before moving into the technical details in short concise details.
knowledge: planes for said technical details: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"How does your vessel cope with short-lived interstitial co-axial high-valency vortices? Hmm? Also, what do you like to do on shore leave?"

bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

why bluff?:
Because I'm making it up, seeking to impress the captain with arcane sounding nonsense ;)


[HP: 60/60] [AC: 24 (T13, FF21)] [Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6]

"Let me assure you, Captain, we wouldn't ask for a departure on such short notice if it weren't vital for the safety of the plane, as Krakos has explained with such erudition! And you should feel confident that, should any danger arise during the journey, my companions and I will protect your vessel with our lives."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 12 = 14

Jamila's little speech falls a bit flat, as she's distracted by watching her hawk flying near the airships.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

"Well, yes, that does sound important. However, I'm concerned that one of your companions might not be safe to take on my airship." Here he looks significantly at Ryoll.

You may try to use diplomacy to convince him that Ryoll is a safe passenger.


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember steps forward.

”Are you not aware that this guy is awesome on ships!? This guy is like the safest person to take with you!!“ Ember says smiling.

Diplomacy : 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34

The Concordance

Male Sylph Druid 6 | HP 51 | Speed 30’ | AC 17 (T14 FF 14) CMD 17 | F+7 R+8 W+11 (* +4 vs air/elec/weather) Resist 5/electric | Init +3 DV 60ft Perc+9

"Yes Ryoll is very safe, and it is for a good cause."

Diplomancy to Aid: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (11) + 0 = 11


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

”Well, truthfully Rhyol here is a little on the glowy side, but with Octaris the Water Wizard on board you’ve no need to fear any fire!”

diplo, aid: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Krakos grunts, smiles, and nods in what he hopes is a positive manner.
untrained diplomacy to aid another: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

The captain welcomes you aboard, accepting Ashasar's letter of credit as payment. The airship’s journey into the open skies proceeds without incident for several days. The captain and crew skillfully maneuver the ship from one high-speed current to another, accelerating it to speeds faster than dragon flight. Razakim’s vessel cuts through air as smoothly as a bullet. Past the borders of Armun Kelisk, the city’s artificial cycle of day and night gives way to eternal midday. The ship’s crew uses landmarks such as crystal formations, distant bright spots in the sky, and eternal storms that rage countless leagues away to chart their passage.

Anything you want to do while in flight? Please don't forget about the individual missions; they are very important for scenario rewards; I would suggest you each reread what I emailed to you.


[HP: 60/60] [AC: 24 (T13, FF21)] [Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6]

Jamila generally keeps up morale around the ship, making sure everyone is comfortable and ready for the mission to come.


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

Octaris spends much of his time poring over his spellbook, often whilst luxuriating in his bathtub, which he fills with conjured water.

When in the tub, he can be seen in conversation with a small blue-ringed octopus:

"Ia, e le mafai ona ou fai atu ua ou matua fiafia lava ia i latou i le taimi nei. E itiiti lava le aoga o le malamalama na faʻaalia, ma o le kapeteni o se avega mamafa. Ou te iloa latou te manaʻomia loʻu mana, ae ou te faʻamoemoe o lenei mea e le o se mea tiga tele ..."

aquan:
"Well I can't say I'm overly impressed with them as yet. Very little useful knowledge exhibited, and the captain is an absolute bore. I know they need my power, but I do hope this isn't completely excruciating..."


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

As the airship progresses away from the floating city, Krakos looks around with some trepidation until he digs some bits of earth and rock from a belt pouch and rubs a bit of it through his hands in a calming manner.

As they travel, he establishes several small caches of bits of dirt and small stones in out-of-the-way places where he won't be in the crew's way, but will have some vantage of the endless vistas of the plane.

@ GM:

Part of the above is in regards to the specific mission note - one of the crystals will end up on the ship in an area with a view where it's unlikely to be disturbed or even noticed.
stealth check with guidance if needed: 1d20 + 11 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 11 + 1 = 32


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember is truly amazed that so little is known about the phenomenon but that is truly a good start for her grand tale!

One morning when the crew and concordance agents have gathered she flies into the air and speaks in a loud voice.

”My dear friends, in the last couple of days I have contemplated on the significance of our endeavour for the plane of air and the acceptance of the Concordance as a beacon of stability and balance! The crew and captain of this ship are the enablers for this grand adventure and deserve mention in my epic story! Of course I play a major role too!“ Ember says with a sly smile.

She flies and starts to tell you about the start of this adventure mentioning all relevant characters and their heroism up to now ... exaggerated to some extent but true.

Perform (oratory) : 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

waiting a bit longer in case anyone else wants to do anything, before this scenario gets zany...

The Concordance

Male Sylph Druid 6 | HP 51 | Speed 30’ | AC 17 (T14 FF 14) CMD 17 | F+7 R+8 W+11 (* +4 vs air/elec/weather) Resist 5/electric | Init +3 DV 60ft Perc+9

Storm spends days watching the patterns of weather and bright lights, looking for signs of imbalance.

He also speaks to the captain and crew trying to get a feel for their faith in the Dutches of all winds.


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Rhyol finds herself surprised that the pyrausta seems to be the most interesting and cleverest one on the ship. Unless hiding in your bathtub is cleverer than it seems.

Mostly though, she waits on deck, too irked by the assumption that she's dangerous to secret herself away, even if she did often find the bustle of the crew confusing...


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

Zephyr finds very little evidence, like most of the crew dislikes the Duchess, but is too wise to say so.

On the fourth day, a member of the crew worriedly grabs the captain’s attention. The navigator reports that she has detected substantial irregularities in the currents ahead. The captain nods and orders the ship to halt, declaring that it is no longer safe for a ship of this size to progress further, as they cannot turn quickly enough to avoid unpredictable gusts, and their wide sails are particularly vulnerable. The captain announces that the site you seek is still over a day away by airship, which would make traveling there by natural flight extremely onerous and lengthy.
Razakim offers to lend you a smaller, more resilient vessel to make the rest of the journey, and promises to wait near this spot for your return. The small vessel contains a week’s supply of food and water, a crate filled with sky charts, and an aerial astrolabe capable of detecting air currents in a wide radius.

Razakim’s side vessel is a miniature airship, just as splendid as his full-sized vessel but capable of much sharper turns. He gives you a heavy orb of roiling winds that allows a creature who touches it to send him a message as per the sending spell up to once per week, and a sail that functions as a 10-foot-by-10-foot carpet of flying, except that once activated as a standard action, it can only fly for 10 minutes before requiring a month to recharge its magic.


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember is beaming when she learns that her tale was received well.

After Razakim details the next steps she is so excited that she flies up and down all the time.

"Oh yes! Our own ship! We are all captains now! Ehhh ... of course you are the supreme captain Razakim Sir!" she says with a sly smile.

* * *

Ember then starts to inspect the whole ship to familiarize herself with it.


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Krakos looks back and forth between the tiny vessel and his traveling companions and then out over the vast emptiness of the plane of air.
bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Does anyone have experience with such vessels?
The oread manages to maintain a stoic expression, but the deep rumble of his voice shows uncharacteristic nervousness and one of the rocks he habitually rubs is crushed to dust in his nervous fidgeting.


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"Can't manoeuvre through the storms, then? Well, I can't say I'm surprised. What a bore.

We are getting crew for this jolly-boat aren't we? Surely we're not expected to sail it ourselves?"


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

The little craft is clearly too small for any crew beyond your team...


[HP: 60/60] [AC: 24 (T13, FF21)] [Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6]

What skill is it to pilot airships? Profession (Sailor) maybe?


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Rhyol initially scoffs, but grows slowly more nervous as no one replies to Krakos's question.

"Hssmmaaybe it isssss easier than it seemsssss?"

The Concordance

Male Sylph Druid 6 | HP 51 | Speed 30’ | AC 17 (T14 FF 14) CMD 17 | F+7 R+8 W+11 (* +4 vs air/elec/weather) Resist 5/electric | Init +3 DV 60ft Perc+9

Storm steps up to the little vessel, ”We’ve got this, how hard could it be to sail? We’ll just pull on those ropes there and turn that wheel. We’ll be fine.”

Storm follows Ember onto the small airboat and starts checking the controls.


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

"There's room for my tub, right?"

"I'm quite certain a fellow mephit wouldn't have abandoned us like this. At the very least, she'd fit with us in a jolly-boat."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

untrained profession-sailor for lingo: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Boats, especially air-boats are not a thing to be happy, much less jolly, about. Is possible serious issue.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

You climb onto your little airship, and quickly find that you are able to control it and head towards the end of your journey.

Please let me know if you want to do anything now, and also please read carefully a bit of rules I am posting in discussion.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

After you have made some progress, a sudden, hard wind gust hits your little craft, which begins to spin and lurch violently.

pausing briefly for any reactions...


[HP: 60/60] [AC: 24 (T13, FF21)] [Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6]

Jamila tries to brace herself.


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Ember tries to maneuver the ship.


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

Octaris, fearful that a wind that could buffet the ship like that might blow him away, looks to hold onto something sturdy.

"Sail into the wind! That's what you're supposed to do!" he calls to everyone and no-one.

If he sees the means to do this, he tries it.

The Concordance

Male Sylph Druid 6 | HP 51 | Speed 30’ | AC 17 (T14 FF 14) CMD 17 | F+7 R+8 W+11 (* +4 vs air/elec/weather) Resist 5/electric | Init +3 DV 60ft Perc+9

Storm hangs on to something and tries to steer the craft to calmer winds.


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Krakos takes one look into the endless expanse, then another down at the flimsy bit of solidity beneath him.
He promptly begins tying himself to something solid and looking to see if there's a source other than just being in the region for the intense gusts.

Definitely, NOT jolly he mutters to himself as he ties down.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

There will be a slight delay before the next part, because I'm trying to figure out how to translate it to pbp...


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Rhyol wraps herself around whatever provides a solid anchor, and listens for any instructions more experienced sky-sailors might have.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

OK, I'm still working on how to handle a 3d map in PbP, but while I'm doing that, you can each roll a fly check and a reflex save.

The Concordance

Male Sylph Druid 6 | HP 51 | Speed 30’ | AC 17 (T14 FF 14) CMD 17 | F+7 R+8 W+11 (* +4 vs air/elec/weather) Resist 5/electric | Init +3 DV 60ft Perc+9

fly: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
reflex: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22 +4 vs. air or electricity descriptor spells or effects that control or modify the weather


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Fly : 1d20 + 24 ⇒ (19) + 24 = 43

Reflex : 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


[HP: 60/60] [AC: 24 (T13, FF21)] [Saves: Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +6]

Fly check: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22

Reflex save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

untrained fly: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
REF save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

Fly: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (8) + 14 = 22
Reflex: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (12) + 16 = 28


Ezren | Human, Male, Wizard 5 | Perception +9 | AC 20/21 - Fort+10, Ref+12, Will+11 HP 38/53

Fly: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 Much better if Acrobatics is allowed :-p
Reflex: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

The wind sensor on your craft emits a high pitched alarm, and soon you are thrown off your little craft, along with most of the stuff on your tiny airship. I'll get a map up tomorrow, everyone.


Venture Lieutenant, Play by Post (online), Hostess of Cottonseed Lodge (playtest)

OK, making progress. There is a link to a blank map grid up in the campaign header; please place a token for yourself near the middle of that map, and also roll your initiative. Once everyone has done that, I should be ready to get this very very messy encounter started.


active effects:
Veil of Mists, Shroud of Water, mage armour, good hope, haste
Octaris | HP: 71/71 Burn: 1 (7nl) | AC: 28 (T 19 FF 20) | F: +12 R: +20 W: +7

octaris initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


Male Oread Inquisitor 6 | HP 51/51 | Move 20 | AC 20 T 13 FF 18, CMD 22 | F+7 R+5 W+9 | Init +5 DV 60ft Per +12

Krakos' initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Ember | HP 57/57 (fast healing 1) | NOW: AC 26 t 20 ff 21 | AC 22 t 20 ff 17 | F +7, R +12, W +10 | | Init +5 | Perc +10, darkvision 60 ft | 60 ft fly | B. Perf. 19/19 | Spells 1st 6/6 2nd 4/4 | Active cond.: Mage Armor

Initiative ember : 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

51 to 100 of 308 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [OutPost II]Redelia's Through Maelstrom Rift All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.