Why Can't Fighters Have Nice Hobgoblins? Ironfang Invasion

Game Master Stalwart

Day 5, Week 2

Starday, 29 Gozran, 4717 AR

Militia Population: 28
Remaining Provision Points: 117
Livestock: 22 animals

maps
Loot list


2,501 to 2,550 of 2,596 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Let me know how Grum chooses to heal himself, but I'm moving us ahead.

William's hope that the massive plant contained a store of treasures sadly does not materialize.

The group continues on its way back to the caves that the refugees have turned into their home. It is still a lengthy distance, and the path that Cierio had given them away from Fort Ristin has put them somewhat off-track. They now have to work their way over a rocky series of hills before turning south towards the cave.

After some time traveling since they tendriculous, they find a glade in the midst of the series of hills. The secluded glen has only a few patches of short, tough grass growing in the dirt. A human man in a gray-and-green poncho lies face down in the center of the glen, several small arrows protruding from his shoulder. The man rocks back and forth with something clutched in his hands, a grimace of pain on his face.

From Grum's back, Cierio gasps. "Caydan! By the gods, what's happened?"

The man just groans and wheezes, holding something in his hands. He gasps, "Please, take this, before it's too late."


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict's first instinct is to run to help the man, but he's pulled enough tricks on the hobgoblins to have doubts about a potential trap.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28

Does he think this man is genuine, or is this a trap? And how small are the small arrows?

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)
Benedict the Clever wrote:
"We have potions, Grum, or we can have Aubrin or the adepts fix you up back at the caves."

”Save the potions. I’m not dead enough to need them. Aubrin and the others could use a job to do, anyways.”

——

”Too late? For what?” Grum said, scanning the trees for signs of hobgoblins. It looked to him that the man had run afoul of a patrol.

Perception with auto Aid from Sir Kingston: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel steps back into the trees to cover the others, scanning the area for threats as he readies his bow.

Stealth: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (14) + 14 = 28

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14


DM:

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

The arrows appear to be small-sized, possibly from a goblin, spriggan, halfling, or other race of smaller stature.

The wounded man groans again, reaching out with the object in his hand. "Please! I've not much time left!"

Cierio shakes urgently on the back of Grum. "If it was a trap, Caydan would be using a code! We've got to help him!" Then he shouts over Grum's shoulder. "It's me, Cierio! You're safe now!"


Male Human Fighter 5| AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 43/49| F +7 R +5 W +2; +1 vs Fear | Init +3 | Perc +9

William runs to the man one he has been identified as being known by Cierio. "Bring the wand and use it on him while I grab this thing."

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

”The wand doesn’t work. Not right now. Give him a potion.” Grum said, glad that he didn’t drink them all before they got to the wounded man.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict keeps a lookout for fey, goblins, spriggans, or the like.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel maintains his vigil.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

As to potions, we have at least 7 CMW and 11 CLW by my count. 11 CLW from Camp Redjaw, 3 CMW from Camp Redjaw, and 4 CMW from the archer ambush on the way to Fort Ristin.


I was waiting to see what Amkarang does at this point, but we'll say he hangs back.

As Grum (carrying Cierio) and William rush to the distressed ranger, there's a rustle in the undergrowth at the outskirts of the glade.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

A small arrow streaks from the undergrowth and strikes the ranger. The man shudders briefly and then explodes in a disgusting cloud of rot and decomposing gasses. Grum and William, make Reflex saves

Cierio's Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20

Enemy: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Grum: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Benedict: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
William: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
Amkarang: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Aerel: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Everyone goes before the enemy!

The shooter is a small fey of some kind, but clearly infected with some sort of fungal affliction. Most likely female, the fey's skin is covered in bleeding lesions and her gossamer wings are crusted with fungal growths. Despite her ailments, her face is set in a wicked grin.


Male Human Fighter 5| AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 43/49| F +7 R +5 W +2; +1 vs Fear | Init +3 | Perc +9

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


William, I edited my post, so see above as well.

William (and Grum, if he fails a DC 15 reflex save) feels a stinging sensation as a wriggling worm starts boring into his flesh!

Make a Fort save, DC 17 or take 1d2 ⇒ 1 Con damage

Knowledge (nature) or (dungeoneering) or Heal DC 14:

This is a rot grub infestation. A DC 20 Heal check or any application of fire damage can cure the infestation before the grub burrows its way into the heart or brain of its host

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Ref: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Grum blinked in surprise as he was covered in gore and rot. He then met the fey’s eyes. His own widened in surprise...which in turn quickly turned to anger.

Charge!: 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 13 + 1 = 21
Damage: 2d4 + 1d4 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (4, 4) + (2) + 16 + 1 = 27


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel quickly fires from his position in the trees.

Using Rapid Shot, Point-Blank Shot: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Second attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Human Fighter 5| AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 43/49| F +7 R +5 W +2; +1 vs Fear | Init +3 | Perc +9

"Rot grub infestation! Burning it quickly will kill it off or someone can treat it if they have the right medical knowledge." William yells as he feels the thing try to burrow in. He pulls out a alchemist's fire and says "Here goes nothing!"

Fort Save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Kn: Dungeoneering: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 10 = 17

Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict charges at the fey archer! He makes an unarmed Disarm attempt to grab her bow.
Disarm, Charge, Flag, Unarmed: 1d20 + 8 + 2 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 + 1 - 4 = 26


Amkarang: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13

Amkarang misses, but Grum deals the fey a serious wound, but his weapon does not cut as deep against the enchanted flesh of the creature. Similarly, Aerel's one bow shot that connects only does a trace amount of damage.

Benedict manages to snatch the bow away from the fey. Her face contorts into one of murderous intent before she vanishes from sight. Her cruel voice echoes through the glade. "Give me back my bow, you sot! Limbs will wither and flesh will rot!"

Grum, you'll need to keep making DC 17 Fort saves or take Con damage until the grub is cut from your body

You are all up!


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

”That was a solid hit, but it barely scratched her! What’s it going to take to hurt her?”

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Fort: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Grum merely grunted as he began to cut the grub from his body. It wasn’t pretty, but it had to be done. ”Damned cowardly...what luck to run into...grrrr...”


Male Human Fighter 5| AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 43/49| F +7 R +5 W +2; +1 vs Fear | Init +3 | Perc +9

William shouts "Try cold iron like the last fey we ran into! Of course you could always snap the bow in half and burn it if it doesn't reappear!" He then starts searching where the ranger was to find what he was holding and trying to give them.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

Benedict unstrings the bow.
If he has any actions left, he will draw from his bag one satchel of the Dust of Appearance that we found in the troglodyte caves. (He has one satchel, the other is unclaimed.)

"Grum, fire will kill the grubs and not hurt you!"
Well, at least not hurt him too much.
"Fire might kill the fey too!"
We have at least 25 Alchemists' Fire.


Unfortunately, the fire only works the first round before the grubs start digging into the flesh. Now it's got to be cut out with a Heal check.

The putrid stench surrounding the Chernasardo Ranger tells William that something's not right with him.
William's Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

As he interacts with the man, he suddenly realizes that there's an illusion over a stinking, rotted corpse teeming with vermin. Caydan was long dead.

I'll hold off and see if Amkarang wants to chime in.


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

So, basically we are all drawing daggers and making untrained Heal attempts on Grum each round, hoping for a 20, while he makes Fort saves to stave off the Con damage each round?
I guess Aerel at least has a positive Wisdom, the rest of us need nat 20's.

"Get that Aegis of Recovery on Grum!" I forget who had it.

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Heal Check: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Grum took a dagger and, heating it with his bloodline’s power, began to cut. ”I...can...heal...later!” He grunted as he went to work, glaring with hatred as he diligently tried to cut it out.


Someone can assist Grum and he'll have it!


HP (9/9) Saves (8/5/5) AC (15/13/12) Perception (+16) Stealth (+19)

Assist: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

Sir Kingston came out of Grum’s pack. The little hedgehog did what it could to help, even if it was at most moral support. Grum certainly did seem to ‘orc-up’ more in the face of pain with the miniature warrior watching him.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Google tells me that hedgehogs are insectivorous. So I think Sir Kingston's assist earned him a snack!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP (9/9) Saves (8/5/5) AC (15/13/12) Perception (+16) Stealth (+19)

Sir Kingston was a warrior! And now it was his time to do battle. Grum had made an opening, in his own lumbering way. Sir Kingston charged into the fray, his teeth gnashing at the foe. The grub, cowardly creature that it was, tried to retreat. But he would have none of that. The hedgehog pounced with all of his fury. And the fiend..was no more.


Fighter 4 | AC 21 (22 in fortress mode, 23 w/ full attack), T 13, F 15, 20 CMD | F 6 R 4 W 1 | Init +3 | Perc +5

Apologies for not posting. Snow season has started at my new job, and things have been getting progressively crazier. Has Sir Kingston dealt with the grub?


Glad you're still with us, Am! Yes, Grum's grub situation has been dealt with. All that's left is the invisible fey.

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

With the grub dealt with, Grum will focus on finding the fey. And just as Sir Kingston exists because he believes the hedgehog to do so...so too will he see the invisible fey.

Round 2: move action for barroom brawler, standard action see Invisibility


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel, seeing the futility of using his bow without the special ammunition, stows the weapon. "Who has more of the fire vials? I've used mine."

He will move to whoever says they have more alchemists' fire so he can prepare to throw them next round.


While the party prepares and heals, the invisible fey still lurks about. Suddenly, a mass of thorns spray Grum from a nearby patch of underbrush.

Ranged: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d3 ⇒ 3

Fortunately for Grum, the thorns fail to pierce his sturdy armor.

You are up!

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
With Fire: 2d4 + 1d4 + 17 ⇒ (1, 3) + (4) + 17 = 25

Grum turned, a look of intense anger on his face. ”Found you.” He growled, his voice dripping with malice.


Male Human Fighter 5| AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 43/49| F +7 R +5 W +2; +1 vs Fear | Init +3 | Perc +9

WIlliam moves back from the corpse on the ground. "He was long dead an it was an illusion we saw!" He the pulls a cold iron arrow and prepares to shoot it should the creature appear.

Mwk. Comp. Longbow (+2 Str) PBS: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 1 = 25 Damage: 1d8 + 2 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 2 + 1 = 9


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

"I've got some fire, Aerel!"
Benedict will stow the Dust of Appearance and draw an Alchemists' Fire for Aerel to take.


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel moves to Benedict and prepares to pitch the alchemists' fire to a space just beyond Grum, hoping to catch the creature in the flames.

"Grum! Where is it?"


The fey hisses as Grum delivers another powerful blow that cuts through its resistances. It retains its invisibility, however, as it steps back and flings more thorns at Grum.

Ranged: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

They again are ineffective.

Finish her, Grum!

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Hit: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Damage with fire: 2d4 + 1d4 + 17 ⇒ (2, 1) + (1) + 17 = 21

”It’s...” The thorns embedded themselves in his armor. ”...under...” His flaming sword came down from over his head. ”...my blade!”


The fey dies, flickering back into visibility. Its fungus-infested body starts decomposing right before everyone's eyes.

The fey carried a potion, a wand, and a quiver of sixteen masterwork arrows (small sized). The bow that Benedict stole at the start of the conflict is also masterwork.

3,600 xp

Cierio hops over to the decomposing fey and makes a face. "I had heard... rumors. Stories by some of the more seasoned rangers, that there's some sickness deep in the Fangwood. I wonder. That pixie was infected by something."

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Breathing heavily and bleeding, Grum stomped on what was left of the corpse for good measure. ”Let’s get back to camp.”


Male Elf Fighter (archer)/rogue* 5 | AC 19 (20 with buckler), T 14, F 15, CMD 19 | F 5 R 5 W 3 | hp 39/39 | Init +4 | Perc +11, +13 vs traps, darkvision 60' | Effects:

Aerel slaps Grum on the back. ”I have no idea how you could see that thing, but I’m glad you could!”


Male Human Fighter 5| AC 21 T 14 FF 18 | HP 43/49| F +7 R +5 W +2; +1 vs Fear | Init +3 | Perc +9

William says "That was nasty. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend." He takes the items and casts detect magic and examines them.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

"Yes, let's get back to camp. This bow and these arrows could be useful for some of our Halfling or Gnome refugees."

"Cierio, I don't know the burial customs of the Chernasardo Rangers. Your friend was infested with rot grubs. Best, I think, to just leave him here? Or maybe try to burn up the body with some Alchemists' Fire? I don't want to risk more of the grubs coming out, but I feel bad leaving Caydan like that."

Was there in fact an item in "Caydan's" hand or was that just part of the illusion?


The item in Caydan's hand was also an illusion. Ceirio looks at the corpse glumly. "We rangers know that often our graves will be simply the forest itself. But burning his body for the sake of the rot grubs is appreciated."

Regardless of how the body is dealt with, the Heroes of Phaendar return to the caves of Misthome (the name which the refugees had been calling it ever since the troglodyte stink had dissipated).

As usual, their arrival is met with great relief and cheers by the refugees. Aubrin is summoned and meets with everyone to update the Heroes of the community's progress.

"I'm so glad you're all here, back and safe! How was Fort Ristin? And is that Ceirio Thessaddin? Oh! You've one less leg since I've seen you last! That's not a good sign, is it?"

Sovereign Court

Wounds (0 HP (49) Saves (8/5/5) Init (+1) AC (22/12/21, +2 vs goblinoids) Fire Resist (5) Survival (+6) Perception (+7) Intimidate (+7/+8) UMD (+9) Wand CLW (46) BB (1/1)

Grum sat down and began removing his armor. Aerel had asked how he could see the invisible fey, but he didn’t have an answer. Just as he didn’t have an answer as to why his sword would catch on fire, or why he could talk to Sir Kingston. And because he didn’t have an answer he didn’t want to think about it. He worried that thinking about it might make it all go away.

”Fort Ristin is a tomb. Luckily the fey there decided to slaughter some hobknobs. We shouldn’t go back there.”


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

"We talked our way past some of the fey, but had to fight others. I wouldn't go back unless there was a good reason to. As long as we are safe here, we should stay in these caves.

Now that we have Ceirio, he can direct us to Fort Nunder. Perhaps there are Rangers there, or at least the cache of weapons that Ceirio mentioned.

Ceirio, can you use this bow that we took from that corrupted fey? I think it's just a bow, but you might want to clean it first. It seems about your size. We can set about making a peg-leg for you and Aubrin can give you some pointers on how to get around."

"I'd like to take a bit of time before heading back out. I think I can draw on my own minor magical gifts to make some things that will help protect us."

Hoping to take a few days to Craft Wondrous Item before heading out again. We may want to see if we can sell things to that Darklands merchant. I will update the Loot list and see what we can sell. Benedict himself has just over 2,000 gp right now.
Some priorities for low-moderate-cost Wondrous Items:
Swarmbane Clasp
Various Talismans
Belt/Headband of +2 to to something
Sipping Jacket (swift-action CLW potion)
Boots of Escape
Buffering Cap
Hand of Glory (Daylight and See Invis)
Various one-shot items (Feather Token Whip, Elemental Gem, Dust of Disappearance, etc.)


It's fine to take some time before heading off to Fort Nunder. There's some events closer to home that are going to pop up from time to time.

Aubrin looks troubled at the fact that Fort Ristin is lost, but only somewhat. It's easy to see that she's glad the heroes are back. "Certainly, your presence will make the populace feel more secure. There's been another owlbear attack since you've left. We managed to drive them off, but just barely."

Ceirio tests the bow and it appears to be to his liking. After the debriefing, Aubrin takes the maimed halfling under her wing and helps him out with a peg and some assistance in managing with only the one leg.

Aubrin tells you that the Darklands trader is due in a couple days. What all do you want to trade/sell?


M Aasimar Fighter 5 (Tactician) | HP 31/39 | AC 22 (24 vs goblins), T 13, FF 19 CMD 21 | Init +4 | Perception +9 (Darkvision) | F/R/W +6/+5/+2 | Move 30' | Tactician 1/1

William got a 25 and a 29 to identify the potion and the wand from the fey. What were they?
We got no loot from Fort Ristin that I can see.
Biggest haul was the archer ambush. Selling most of that stuff (the things with prices noted on the sheet) nets us another 660 each.
We should also divvy up healing potions and Alchemists' Fire.
I think we have 25 Alchemists' Fire, so 5 each.
And we have 11 CLW potions and 7 CMW potions. 2 CLW and 1 CMW each, with 1 CLW and 2 CMW in 'party stash.'

"We should take care of that owlbear problem. Figure out why they keep coming around, or else just kill off the local population.
Aubrin, if you think we should retake Fort Ristin, we can do that in the future. I think we should make it a point to get more cold iron weapons."

Benedict will try to craft a Belt of Incredible Dexterity +2. He really needs some AC boosts, and it will also help Initiative, ranged attacks, and Reflex saves.
Spellcraft DC 14; 1+CL 8 +5 for missing prerequisite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Inspired: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Made it on the first one; he will normally use Inspired on item creation checks.

2,501 to 2,550 of 2,596 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Shisumo's Why Can't Fighters Have Nice Hobgoblins? Ironfang Invasion All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.