The Shackled City Adventure Path by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 8 - LORDS OF OBLIVION

Cauldron map
Redgorge map
Current map

Campaign Index / Campaign diary
Loot sheet
Old loot sheet (Maxim)

Group Stealth (passive): -5 (Kikinnin)
Group Stealth (active): 5 (Kikinnin)
Group Perception: 27 (Marigold)
Group Sense motives: 30 (Marigold)
Group Spellcraft: 24 (Maxim)
Group Appraise: 23 (Maxim)


9,601 to 9,650 of 10,372 << first < prev | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | next > last >>

Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Urdihax looks at JJ as he speaks, then raises an eyebrow looking at Kikkinnin only to frown a bit frustrated at Kythel's words. By when Marigold speaks of the devil mischievous smile has returned "Well. Who cares. Maybe you are right after all. And anyway who wants to guard the gates of a dead leader" she bows at Kikinnin and adds "That was really ingenious of you... Kikinnin. I shall remember that name"

The rust devil sniffs and searches for something that she leaves on the bridge, a glass bottle with a cork "According to what the Bar-Lgura said, this will be good enough payment for my defeat" she laughs.

Then, while Urdihax raises her head her corpse slowly becomes ethereal and disappears back to her home plane. The bottle and the bubbling noise of the lava is everything which is left and the gates have no obstacle now to continue.

Detect Magic+Spellcraft DC 22:

The bottle is a bottle of air, an infinite source of air that can be shared.


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3
Urdihax wrote:
"That was really ingenious of you... Kikinnin. I shall remember that name."

"....Th-that's not ominous at all," Marigold shivers as the devil departs for her home plane. "N-names have p-power but at l-least we know her n-name too, or one of them."

She then carefully advances over the bridge and kneels down to examine the bottle Urdihax left behind...

Detect Magic + Spellcraft (DC 22): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

...but isn't able to determine much about its properties.

"It's m-m-magical but beyond that, I'm not s-sure what it does."


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"I bet it is a genie bottle. Beatinator found one once and opened it up. A beautiful Genie came out of it and offered him a wish!" gushes JJ.

"Umm... we might want to think about what we would wish for. Beatinator.... well, the genie was very pretty..." he blushes a little in remembrance of *that* particular comic.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Apologies gang - RL been throwing me for a loop at the moment.

Maxim joins Marigold in casting his eye o'er the bottle;

Detect Magic & DC22 Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (18) + 14 = 32

He frowns, then nods;

"Sorry to disappoint Surabar. Ain't no jinn bottle... nor alas a gin vessel... This is a Bottle o' Air: (See GM-R's spoiler above) holds a supply o' rarified air at all times... fir breathin' an' same such."


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

"R-really? That Urdihax would l-leave that here d-doesn't bode well...b-but wouldn't that l-let us breathe underw-w-water? If so, that'd m-make the journey through that t-tunnel a lot easier..."


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision
Urdihax wrote:
"That was really ingenious of you... Kikinnin. I shall remember that name."

Kikinnin watches the devil warily, expecting that at any moment, it will break from its own words to seize upon them, for all its advantage.

When the seizing opportunity slips away, and in its place is left a bottle, Kikinnin continues watching about the bridge, making his way swiftly to the doors, and presses against them. It won't surprise him in the least if the doors are barred, and the devil has departed with black humor behind its eyes. Regardless, they're wasting time, and he doesn't want to give the denizens of the Nab's palace any more preparation to stand against them.

With a quick worrying glance, the black beard looks upward, half-expecting to see a black kettle tipping its molten contents down upon them.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Kythel remains silent and moves along behind Kikinnin equally as wary for traps.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

When initially Kikinnin pushes the doors they do not even budge. But the strength of the dwarf is no joke. As he seriously starts to push the symbols of the gate light up and the gates finally concede their own defeat opening to the ample halls of Nabthatoron's Palace.

The Cauldron Watchers quickly move in easily dispatching a couple of dretch demons guarding the entrance hall. As the stinking clouds recede you contemplate a crude architecture made of bones and molten metal. You quickly take the stairs and discover yourself ambushed by a patrol of rutterkins. JJ makes Alakast spin quickly destroying half the patrol while Kikinnin's axe and Maxim's gun get rid of the rest.

You keep advancing through the alleys infested with lesser demons, but their lucky strikes are quickly treated by Marigold and when you are surrounded by an apparently endless mass of quasits, Kythel raises his holy symbol and his channeled energy destroys most of them forcing the rest to retreat and leaving you a new way forward.

Trapping one of the smallest demons you discover rumors that Dreghakus holds Majet Ghelve imprisoned in his own throne room, but it also seems certain personality, someone called Xokek, is currently visiting the demoness.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

As we close to the throne room.

Kythel turns to JJ, "Now that we are upon our foes, I shall bestow some of the last of my power upon you. To your health".

Cast Bear's Endurance on JJ. If my Magic Circle is still functioning, I will also cast Protection from Evil on Maxim, otherwise, I will cast it upon myself. Status should also still be up and functioning.

Kythel Remaining Spells:

As a result, Kythel only has the following spells left:
1 - Cure Light Wounds,
2 - Cure Moderate Wounds, Lesser Restoration, Remove Paralysis,
3 - Dispel Magic,
4 - Dismissal,
5 - Breath of Life


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Anyone heard of that Xokok before? " asks JJ.

"How are we going on that list of Cagewrights? Think he might be one of them?"


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

"Um...n-not right off, but l-let me think..." Marigold responds, brow crinkling as she tries to recall if 'Xokek' is a name she's ever seen or heard of before.

Kn. Arcana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Kn. Local: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Kn. Planes: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Kikinnin moves steadily, if noisily, down the hallway, flicking rutterkin guts from his Axe. He chews on names as he marches- Urdihax, Dreghakus, Xokek... demon names taste horrible, and the black beard spits deliberately on the floor of the palace.

Alright, Far. It's only a matter of moments before we engage in combat with Worldwounders. Your Light would be most welcome now.

Divine Bond- Kikinnin's Axe becomes a +3 Holy Dwarven Greataxe, for 12 minutes.

"Dypt takk, Eldgammel."

Dwarven:

"Deep thanks, Elder."

Kikinnin looks down on his Axe, turning it over to look upon both sides, considering. A proper name for a proper weapon.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Kythel improves JJ's endurance while Kikinnin presents his axe which shines with holy power. Marigold is quite sure she has not heard the name 'Xokek' before.

The Cauldron Watchers press forward through the central hallway that shall bring to the throne room. As you move forward the air reverberates and muffled sounds of conversation ring on the most perceptive of your ears. The voice tone is laconic "...so one you hold is a Shackleborn … the last one we need for our ritual ... Cagewrights demand ... immediate release. With the thirteen caged ... just a few weeks to complete … ritual." the tone changes to one of irony "Can you hold Nabthatoron’s armies until our vision completes? ... not want an army, … heavenly or human, ... noses in Cauldron before..." the softer voice interrupts with a higher tone clearly audible "Dreghakus’, these are Dreghakus hordes now. And make sure to remember our deal to your colleagues"

By when you reach the metallic doors that bar your pass into the throne hall the voices tone has lowered stopping to spill through the doors.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Though it is unlikely this far in, Kythel will check the door for Traps.

Perception 1d20 + 17 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 17 + 1 = 38


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Another shackleborn.... did we ever check our friendly gnomes wife to see if she also had a mark...." gasps JJ.

"[b]Who else did they capture right at the start... We should check them all![/]b"


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

"Th-that....th-that n-never occurred to m-me b-b-before," Marigold whispers, her face growing pale and her stuttering growing markedly worse than usual. "W-we have to st-stop them, we h-have to s-s-save M-M-Majet!"

She then whispers a quick prayer to Sarenrae, granting herself and everyone around her a blessing of fervor for the likely battle to come.
______________

Marigold will cast Blessing of Fervor, tagging everyone~


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Maxim too holds, readying his companions with magics; he beckons over JJ first, imbuing his staff with an enchantment;

"Fir yer stick Surabar - will make it a mite more deadly..." Casts Keen Edge on Alakast. Critical Threat range now 19-20 for 80 minutes.

Hearing his bror's words, he moves to the warrior placing his hand upon Kikinnin's broad shoulder with a hard smile;

"Axe like that need's a strong arm to wield it bror..." (Cast Bull's Strength on Kikinnin. He gains +4 STR for 8 minutes)

The gun-mage then approaches the doors alongside Kythel (if not trapped but locked Maxim will cast Knock. If they are trapped he'll attempt to Disable Device 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (20) + 22 = 42


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Kythel and Maxim make sure the doors are clear of traps while Marigold raises a blessing of fervor on the watchers and Maxim enchants Alakast.

The blond dwarf then knocks the doors open with his magic letting Marigold's mace daylight poor into the darkness of the massive throne room.

In between the darkness you are able to glimpse the deepness of the long room excavated on the stone of the crater. A small platform in the center focus all the attention of the other heavy lines. The ceiling, 20 feet over the ground, is crudely worked with the shapes of lesser demons, but in the middle a larger figure of a glabrezu that resembles Nabthatoron gathers all other ones around him. Back at the end of the hall you barely discern a platform at 10 feet height that follow the farthest walls, where a series of statues to various demon lords monitor the acts in the room. At the opposite corner there is a large pool of water, its warmth giving rise to a light mist around its shores.

At the center of the stone chamber an alluring woman with long horns, bat-like wings, and three spiked tails stands on the small platform. Her horns are covered with a kind of black clothing crown and she turns to look at you lasciviously. In front of the platform, a tall and slender man, similar to an elf, but with his face gray and covered in red tattoos stands in front of the demoness and only slightly turns to look at you. Your light seems to be distorted in strange directions as it reaches him, and the shadows of his tunic folds seem deeper than it is natural. Closer to the entrance, witnessing the encounter, an array of dretch demons guard the hall.

As you break in through the door, the beautifully winged succubus smiles and points at your direction "There you have it. Your Shackleborn"

Initiative:

JJ (+2 urban, +2 underground, +2 jungle, +10 Abyss, +2 plane of fire): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 20
Kikinnin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Marigold: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Maxim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Kythel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Dreghakus: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Minions: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Xokek: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Being closer to the doors, JJ and Kikinnin are the first ones to react.

Group buffs: blessing of fervor r12
Marigold: 118/118 hp, daylight (mace) 70 min
JJ: 129/129 hp, bear endurance 5 min
Maxim: 91/91 hp, endure elements 24 h, see invisibility 40 min, prot. evil 5 min
Kikinnin: 148/148 hp, heroism 10 min, divine bond (holy axe) 7 min
Kythel: 129/129 hp, circle vs evil 30 min
Round 1: JJ, Kikinnin, Minions, Xokek, Dreghakus, Marigold, Maxim, Kythel

Please, let me know if I missed any relevant effect.

New Nabthatoron's throne room map is available!
Mind the 60' yellow aura on Marigold, that is the daylight effect. From its edge and up to 120' you have dim light (20% mischance and enemies can hide). The rest is in total darkness.


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

The red baron? wonders JJ as his eyes land on the red faced man.

JJ hustles forward towards the closest of the demons swinging Alakast with all his might.

Blessing this round is +2 to hit, AC and reflex

attack,evil outsider, FT,BF: 1d20 + 20 + 2 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 20 + 2 + 10 + 2 = 43
damage(good,blunt,magic): 1d6 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + (1, 2) + 10 = 29


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

@GMR: Bull's Strength on Kikinnin is missing chief :)


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 1

Status:

AC = 27
HP = 148/148
Weapon Equipped = Eldgammel (+3 Holy)
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor, Divine Bond, Bull's Strength, Heroism

Kikinnin looks into the room, half-expecting to see Keygan's wife sitting in a cage, under demon threat. The darkness prevents him from locating her immediately, and the more immediate threats steal his attention away.

With Marigold's fervent gift, the black beard moves forward to begin the demon-dealing. He moves past JJ to the boy's left, and engages Black, hoping to shrink the horde, before dealing with the succubus and elf in their own turn.

Blessing of Fervor for Additional Movement

Eldgammel, Power Attack, Heroism, BS, Holy: 1d20 + 18 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 18 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 30 for 1d10 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + (4, 2) = 19 damage, including Holy

"What's this talk of Shackleborn, Dreghakus? You must be Xokek, eh? Can't say as it's a pleasure to meet either of you. Xokek, are you one of the Cagewrights, or are you just their dog?"


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

As the doors open JJ and Kikinnin, his muscles strengthened by Maxim, dart in destroying one of the lesser dretch demons each.

The other dretches react approaching the assailants. The dretch with blue skin double moves closer, while the one light green moves closer and tries to cause fear on Kikinnin, only to discover that feeling is not available to the dwarf.

The other two dretches move in to attack the black dwarf.
claws: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
claws: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 211d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
bite: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

claws: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
But Kikinnin deflects all the attacks with good use of his shield.

Xokek looks at Kikinnin as he speaks up to him "The Cauldron Watchers I infer. I thought you all would be dead by now" he turns to the succubus "The Cagewrights expect you place immediate solution to that extreme. Meanwhile, thank you for finding the Shackleborn. You will be rewarded under the new order"

K. nature DC 20:

You find out Xokek is not an elf, but a shadar-kai. A rare kind of fey that made a pact with an outer power of the Shadows but failed to dominate the world. They have abilities related to the plane of Shadows and are particularly stealthy when not exposed to the light of the Sun.

Images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Xokek moves his hands very fast saying arcane words and his figure suddenly duplicates in 8 more like him. Then he walks towards the pool of water and, very strangely, you seem to lose sight of him in the shadows of the dim light.
Perception DC 51:

If you are not JJ or Kikinnin or have moved to their positions, add +4 to the difficulty of the DC due to distance
Stealth+distance: 1d20 + 32 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 32 + 4 = 51
Xokek hide in plain sight profiting the dim light. He is at the border of the pool, near the edge of Marigold's daylight spell.

Dreghakus frowns but seems more bothered by the sudden irruption of the uninvited party in her throne hall. She takes a rod from her belt and starts to swing it pointing at JJ "You young boy, I can feel your inner battle. There is no reason to spoil your desires, come and get the kiss you so much want. Give up to your lust and let's finish this ancient struggle. Let demons and Surabar blood reign this lands together"

JJ:

Will 24 or JJ is filled with lust and desire for the succubus, with the compulsion to rush to her and passionately kiss her on his next turn, taking no other actions, as per the unnatural lust spell.

Spellcraft DC 18:

The spell cast by Dreghakus is a unnatural lust with bouncing metamagic and the rod added reach. This means if JJ succeeds at the save the spell will likely bounce towards a near target, likely Kikinnin.

Perception DC 42:

Stealth+distance: 1d20 + 23 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 23 + 10 = 42
You overhear the flapping of wings coming from the darkness behind the throne.

Group buffs: blessing of fervor r12
Marigold: 118/118 hp, daylight (mace) 70 min
JJ: 129/129 hp, bear endurance 5 min
Maxim: 91/91 hp, endure elements 24 h, see invisibility 40 min, prot. evil 5 min
Kikinnin: 148/148 hp, heroism 10 min, divine bond (holy axe) 7 min, bull's strength 8 min
Kythel: 129/129 hp, circle vs evil 30 min
Round 1: Marigold, Maxim, Kythel Round 2: JJ, Kikinnin, Minions, Xokek, Dreghakus


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Round 1

Spellcraft DC 18 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14. The other checks I cannot pass or make.

-------

Kythel moves into the room with extra speed granted to him by Marigold's spell. Take the 30' movement this round. He moves 60'.

Kythel then releases a Channel to attempt to wipe away the remaining Lesser Demons.

Alignment Channeling - 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 1, 5) = 22 Will save DC 22 for 1/2.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

LGreen Will DC 22: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20
Blue Will DC 22: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13
White Will DC 22: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
DGreen Will DC 22: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Shiny rays emanate from the Pharasma's symbol that Kythel presents to the dretch demons. They try to cover their faces and shriek in pain as the holy energy shatters all of them to pieces.

Dreghakus breaths deep and frowns at the sight of the cleric's deed.

Group buffs: blessing of fervor r12
Marigold: 118/118 hp, daylight (mace) 70 min
JJ: 129/129 hp, bear endurance 5 min
Maxim: 91/91 hp, endure elements 24 h, see invisibility 40 min, prot. evil 5 min
Kikinnin: 148/148 hp, heroism 10 min, divine bond (holy axe) 7 min, bull's strength 8 min
Kythel: 129/129 hp, circle vs evil 30 min
Round 1: Marigold, Maxim, Kythel Round 2: JJ, Kikinnin, Minions, Xokek, Dreghakus


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

ROUND 1

Using Blessing of Fervour for +30ft Movement this round

Galvanised by Marigold's blessing Maxim moves forward to help engage their demonic foes (50ft Move Action), drawing his wand of Magic Missile as he goes[ (Free Action).

Can't make either of those Perception checks...

As he approaches the combat the gun-mage attempts to discern any magics in play against the Watchers:

Spellcraft DC18: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34

Realising the nature of the magics, but powerless to halt them the gun-mage bellows a warning;

"Ware her magicks! She seeks to enflame the ardour of Surabar! Ware her kiss lad!"

He levels his wand at the distant succubus activing its magics:

"Magische Raket!" (Use Wand of Magic Missile - Standard Action: 8/22 charges remaining)

- firing a pentad of glowing bullets at the lustful demoness:

Magic Missile Damage (CL9): 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 4, 3, 4, 2) + 5 = 22

Caster Level Check (to overcome any SR): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 1

"ಸಂಕೋಲೆ. ನೀವು ನನ್ನ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಮಾತನಾಡುತ್ತಿದ್ದೀರಿ ಎಂದು ನಾನು? ಹಿಸುತ್ತೇನೆ?" Marigold calls out as she uses the benefits of Sarenrae's fervor to hasten her entrance into the throne room. "ನೀವು ನಮ್ಮನ್ನು ಕಡಿಮೆ ಅಂದಾಜು ಮಾಡಿದ್ದೀರಿ ಎಂದು ನಾನು ಭಾವಿಸುತ್ತೇನೆ. ದೌರ್ಬಲ್ಯವು ಇದನ್ನು ಎಂದಿಗೂ ಮಾಡಲಿಲ್ಲ!"

Deciding to bolster her companions further, she offers up another prayer to Sarenrae.

"ನನ್ನನ್ನು ಒಳಗೊಂಡಂತೆ. ನೀವು ನನ್ನನ್ನು ಪರೀಕ್ಷಿಸುವ ಮೊದಲು ನಿಮ್ಮ ಸ್ನೇಹಿತರು ಮತ್ತು ಸ್ನೇಹಿತರ ಎಲ್ಲಾ ಪರೀಕ್ಷೆಗಳಿಗೆ ನಾನು ಬಲಶಾಲಿಯಾಗಿದ್ದೇನೆ."

Celestial:

"Shackleborn. I guess you're talking about me?"

"I think you underestimate us. Weaklings would never have made it this far!"

"Including me. I'm stronger for all the trials and heartache your friends and cronies before you put me through."


______________

Move to current position (using the +30 ft. from BoF) and cast Prayer~


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 2

Status:

AC = 27 (30 v Succubus)
HP = 148/148
Weapon Equipped = Eldgammel (+3 Holy)
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor, Divine Bond, Bull's Strength, Heroism, Prayer

Kikinnin does his best to keep track of all the activity unfolding before him. For his battle blinders, he is largely unaware of anything other than the succubus beckoning the boy with her... uh... eyes.

Spellcraft v DC 18: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 2 = 8

GM Rutseg:

Preemptive Will Save, should the spell bounce against Kikinnin.
Will Save v DC 24: 1d20 + 17 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 17 + 2 = 27

Blessing of Fervor for Additional Movement

He was ready to level Eldgammel at Xokek, but the shady elf appears to have gone missing. "Xokek, I name you coward." The black beard focuses on the demoness. He doesn't want the thing to take flight, so he whispers an earnest prayer to Abadar, his need great. A Hero Point to bring one more Smite to bear for the day, having expended all four too quickly, against vrocks and giant. Then he charges.

Eldgammel, Power Attack, Bull's Strength, Charge, Heroism, Prayer, Smite: 1d20 + 18 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 18 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 45 for 1d10 + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 24 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 24 = 44 damage

Confirm Critical?: 1d20 + 18 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 18 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 = 44 for 2d10 + 10 + 16 + 4 + 2 + 48 ⇒ (9, 6) + 10 + 16 + 4 + 2 + 48 = 95 damage


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Will DC 24: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
JJ feels his heart and manship to beat with a sudden redoubled lust. The young man uses Marigold's blessing and his striding boots to reach Dreghakus in a sigh, and so he climbs the stairs to the dais and takes the demoness in his arms, giving her a passionate kiss on her mouth which she seems eager to give back. As he completes this act of passion, JJ feels weaker as after conceding to a great pleasure.

The demoness places a claw on the man's right chick and smiles "Good boy. And you will discover yet another level of pleasure. It is time we copulate and we bring together the true ruler of Cauldron" she whispers to his ear.
Succubus "Energy drain" places a negative level and requires a Will DC 24 against a suggestion for a new act of passion.

Maxim moves forward and his magic missiles pierce through the magical defenses of Dreghakus bursting on her body.

Marigold moves forward, and as she carries her mace as the torch of true Sun, Xokek appears just next to the pool, as the daylight rays of light hit on the shadows around him. When the halfling keeps advancing, the total darkness behind the dais recedes to and a platform with statues and a couple of fiends with lanky mouths filled with sharp fangs and great bat-like wings that stretch from their scaly hides.

Meanwhile Kikinnin puts to good place Marigold's blessing and rushes towards the demoness. The dwarf raises his axe and calls heroically for Abadar to smite Drehakus through his arm. And so Abadar concedes his greatest champion in Cauldron. And so once more the axe chops the demoness tails in a single swing. Drehakus shouts in pain and seems to lose balance but she endures the pain and shouts at the dwarf madly.

Angry, the demoness steps back precariously on the dais, but still embracing JJ with and arm over his shoulders. She points at Kikinnin "You, insolent! You shall contemplate this historical moment when Surabar and Abyss blood mingle together finally! Stand there and defend us against anyone willing to stop our act of passion!" and seems to put all her maximum power to ensure the loyalty of the dwarf.
Will DC 27 against dominate person

Xokek looks at Marigold bothered, but he just says a word Porta and a circle opens in front of him which he crosses appearing just next to Keygan "Don't try to resist. Embrace the greatness"

If those were not enough problems a giant octopus with fiendish skin emerges from the waters of the pool and attempts to grab Marigold.
tentacles-prayer (cover): 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 1 = 11
Bludgeoning/Evil damage: 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
But it hits the rock just between it and the halfling and gets there entangled.

The two demons on the platform that were flying in the darkness, now that they are lighted by Marigold spell, the move forward. One flies to cover his leader, while the other flies from the height of the platform charging over Kythel far below!
claws+charge+height: 1d20 + 15 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 15 + 2 + 1 = 19
B/S/P/Evil damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7
But the long movement unbalances him and fails with a shriek.

At the back, behind a set of bars in a crevice of the hall walls, a gnome stands up and shouts "Ey! Help!" you found Majet.

Dreghakus: 161 damage, badly damaged
Xokek: -prayer
Group buffs: blessing of fervor r12, prayer r14
Marigold: 118/118 hp, daylight (mace) 70 min
JJ: 129/129 hp, bear endurance 5 min
Maxim: 91/91 hp, endure elements 24 h, see invisibility 40 min, prot. evil 5 min
Kikinnin: 148/148 hp, heroism 10 min, divine bond (holy axe) 7 min, bull's strength 8 min
Kythel: 129/129 hp, circle vs evil 30 min
Round 2: Marigold, Maxim, Kythel Round 3: JJ, Kikinnin, Dreghakus, Xokek, Octopus, Demons


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Round 2

Kythel takes a 5' step back and casts a spell at his new adversary.

"Begone to the depths foul thing!"

Cast Dismissal on the foe. SR 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Will DC 18.

Shift my Blesing to grant me a +2 Bonus on Attack rolls and a +2 Bonus to AC.


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 3

Status:

AC = 27 (30 v Succubus)
HP = 148/148
Weapon Equipped = Eldgammel (+3 Holy)
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor, Divine Bond, Bull's Strength, Heroism, Prayer, Smite Evil

Will Save v DC 27, Heroism, Prayer: 1d20 + 17 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 17 + 2 + 1 = 31

Kikinnin shivers briefly as Dreghakus forces her will upon him. His mind slips down a mental mine shaft, seeking to avoid her push. When he's reasonably sure he's kept his wits, he slips past JJ, and takes another swing at the succubus. He almost cuffs the bewitched boy, but understands the greater threat is she.

Eldgammel, Power Attack, Heroism, Bull's Strength, Prayer, Smite, Divine Bond(Holy): 1d20 + 19 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 19 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 4 + 2 = 41 for 1d10 + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 12 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 12 + (5, 6) = 45 damage, including Smite and Holy

"Stop licking the boy, demoness, and face your destruction. I've got better foes to fell back there. Release JJ, and your death will be swift."


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Will DC 18: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
The winged demon seems to resist Kythel's magics. It opens its jaws menacingly at the cleric.

Kikinnin shelters his mind behind a thoughtswall and rejects the demoness orders. Instead the dwarf climbs up the stairs and scores a solid swing with his axe. Dreghakus spits blood and looks down at the dwarf frustrated, confused and barely alive.
I just noticed your trait extra damage is missing and applied it!

Dreghakus: 207 damage, moribund
Xokek: -prayer
Group buffs: blessing of fervor r12, prayer r14
Marigold: 118/118 hp, daylight (mace) 70 min
JJ: 129/129 hp, bear endurance 5 min
Maxim: 91/91 hp, endure elements 24 h, see invisibility 40 min, prot. evil 5 min
Kikinnin: 148/148 hp, heroism 10 min, divine bond (holy axe) 7 min, bull's strength 8 min
Kythel: 129/129 hp, circle vs evil 30 min
Round 2: Marigold, Maxim, Kythel Round 3: JJ, Kikinnin, Dreghakus, Xokek, Octopus, Demons


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

ROUND 2 Boons/Buffs: Prayer (+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks) & Blessing of Fervour (+2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.)

Maxim silently curses as JJ and the succubus lock lips;

God's be darned! That lad and his loins!

As Keygen is menaced the gun-mage spins, turning his wand toward the shadowy elven figure (am figuring that I can see Ghelve as the doors would have been left open?)

Activating the wand; "Magische Raket!" he fires another pentad of glowing bullets - this time toward Xokek....

(Use Wand of Magic Missile - Standard Action: 7/22 charges remaining)

Magic Missile Damage (CL9): 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 3, 4) + 5 = 19
Caster Level Check (to overcome any SR??): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

He then shifts toward the gnome (20ft Move), whilst giving himself an angle at the fiendish octopus menacing Marigold;

Burning only Hero Point for an additional standard action this round

With other hand outstretched Maxim calls upon his arcane might and unleashes a powerful spell at the fell cephalopod;

"Bliksem!" (Gnome: Lighting Bolt!)

Cast Lighting Bolt (Standard Action) at the creature

Lightning Bolt Electrical Damage: 8d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5, 3, 6, 3, 6, 2) = 30 (DC16 Reflex Save for Half)
Caster Level Check (to overcome any SR??): 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 2

Round 2 BoF Benefit: Gain a +2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.

"!!!"

Marigold quickly takes a step away from the enormous surprise octopus but her eyes don't move from the forms of Dreghakus and JJ at the northern end of the room.

Adopting a defensive position, she attempts to conjure holy power...

Cast Defensively (DC 23): 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (8) + 18 = 26

...and does so in an eruption of bright light!

Caster Level vs. Dreghakus SR (If Necessary; Spell Pen): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 13 + 2 = 33
Caster Level vs. Yellow SR (If Necessary; Spell Pen): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 = 21

Holy Smite (Evil Only): 5d8 ⇒ (4, 5, 2, 5, 7) = 23

Holy Smite (Evil Outsider): 10d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 1, 6, 1, 1, 3, 1, 2, 2) = 27
______________

Marigold casts Holy Smite at Dreghakus & Yellow; DC 19 Will for half damage & to negate the blindness~


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Ref DC 16: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Maxim magic missiles burst Xokek among its images! The dwarven lighting bolt crackles through the throne hall making dust and small debris fly as it goes forward and impacts the octopus electrocuting it! The electricity makes the tentacles to recede giving Marigold an opportunity to escape.

Will DC 19: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Will DC 19: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Escaping from the tentacles Marigold's magics hit the throne dais, and Dreghakus finally falls defeated over the dais tails, its face and body deformed by the many injuries and hits dealt by axe and magic.

At the entrance of the hall Xokek looks back at you laconic "You are so pernicious and pesky. As you refuse to die, I fear we will have to meet again at different circumstances... but now we have all we need... I guess I have to thank you in the name of the Cagewrights. Bye"
Touch attack: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Keygan Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
As he finishes his words, Xokek touches the gnome and they both suddenly vanish.

Spellcraft DC 24:

Xokek cast teleport.

The remaining demons start to shriek throwing themselves against you. The one near Kythel uses arcane magic against Maxim, Kythel and Marigold.
Will DC 21 vs mass hold person

While the other one attacks on the dwarf that destroyed his leader.
claws: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 161d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
claws: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (16) + 15 = 311d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9
bite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 181d8 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11
A single claw pierces through the dwarf's shoulder skin.

With its master destroyed and the electrical welcoming, the octopus decides the food does not deserve the effort and moves back slowly diving below the warm waters.

Dreghakus: 220 damage, destroyed
Yellow: 13 damage
Xokek: 19 damage, -prayer
Octopus: 15 damage
Group buffs: blessing of fervor r12, prayer r14
Marigold: 118/118 hp, daylight (mace) 70 min
JJ: 129/129 hp, bear endurance 5 min
Maxim: 91/91 hp, endure elements 24 h, see invisibility 40 min, prot. evil 5 min
Kikinnin: 139/148 hp, heroism 10 min, divine bond (holy axe) 7 min, bull's strength 8 min
Kythel: 129/129 hp, circle vs evil 30 min
Round 3: Marigold, Maxim, Kythel Round 4: JJ (x2), Kikinnin, Demons


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

ROUND 3 Boons/Buffs: Prayer (+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks) & Blessing of Fervour (+2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.)

As Xokek vanishes with Ghelve, Maxim attempts to discern what he's just witnessed;

DC24 Spellcraft: 1d20 + 14 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 14 + 1 = 25

"Hells Teeth! That basterd jus' teleported with Keygen! We been played all along - we're his wife that they wanted... was the locksmith hisself!"

As the demons magic washes o'er him the gun-mage attempts to resist...

DC21 Will Save: 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 1 = 22

... before turning his wand toward the demon menacing Kythel;

"Magische Raket!' (Gnome: Magic Missile) firing a volley of glowing bullets at the creature (Blue)

(Use Wand of Magic Missile - Standard Action: 6/22 charges remaining)

Magic Missile Damage (CL9): 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2, 3, 3, 3) + 5 = 20
Caster Level Check (to overcome any SR??): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Grim-faced the dwur moves to the shoulder of Kythel (20ft Move)


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 3

Spellcraft (DC 24): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Will (DC 21): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Marigold's mouth works silently as Xokek vanishes with Keygan and she realizes that Maxim is horribly, terribly right - they've been played like fiddles.

But before she can move to act, to do anything, her body suddenly freezes in place as one of the demons' fell magics takes hold of her.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Round 3

Will save DC 21 - 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 20

Kythel, almost, manages to resist the magics holding him still before a very angry Demon. "So this is how I die eh?", the thought skitters across his mind followed by another. "If they had the gnome why did they let him go? Were we played or was the fact that we came here sheer dumb luck in favor of the Demon?"


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 4

Status:

AC = 27
HP = 139/148
Weapon Equipped = Eldgammel (+3 Holy)
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor, Divine Bond, Bull's Strength, Heroism, Prayer

And here I thought the Beast Hunter trait was only good for Undead...

Kikinnin tries to end Yellow, while he looks over at JJ. "Hey, you should get in the face of the other bat-devil. I should be good here."

Eldgammel, Power Attack, Heroism, Bull's Strength, Prayer, Divine Bond(Holy): 1d20 + 19 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 19 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 38 for 1d10 + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (8) + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + (2, 5) = 31 damage

Second Swing: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 14 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 20 for 1d10 + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + (1, 1) = 27 damage

Third Swing: 1d20 + 9 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 - 4 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 13 for 1d10 + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 8 + 2 + 1 + (5, 5) = 30 damage


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Marigold and Kythel just freeze on place as the demon uses his magic.

Maxim's missiles are unable to pierce through the demon magical resistance this time.

But Kikinnin manages to strike true once at the smaller demon, giving back retaliation.

JJ Will vs suggestion DC 24: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15
JJ remains silently looking at the succubus trying to guess out how to proceed and complete his desire towards the suggestive creature that lays at his feet.

The yellow demon flaps his wings and takes height while approaching the dangerous axe dwarf now that the others are paralyzed or seem unable to pierce his magical defenses. From the heights of the room he points at Kikinnin and a ray of black crackling energy springs forward.
Ray-no precise shot (touch, soft cover): 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 12 - 4 = 23
Enervation negative levels: 1d4 ⇒ 1

The ray strikes true and slightly absorbs Kikinnin's essence.

Meanwhile the other demon keeps his fight with Kikinnin.
claws: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 241d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
claws: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 171d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
bite: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 161d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
But more readied now, the dwarf blocks all attacks with axe and shield.

Those of you paralyzed, you can attempt another save as a full round action

Dreghakus: 220 damage, destroyed
Yellow: 13 damage, slightly damaged
Blue: 31 damage, somehow damaged
Xokek: 19 damage, -prayer
Octopus: 15 damage
Group buffs: blessing of fervor r12, prayer r14
Marigold: 118/118 hp, daylight (mace) 70 min
JJ: 129/129 hp, bear endurance 5 min
Maxim: 91/91 hp, endure elements 24 h, see invisibility 40 min, prot. evil 5 min
Kikinnin: 139/148 hp, heroism 10 min, divine bond (holy axe) 7 min, bull's strength 8 min, -1 level
Kythel: 129/129 hp, circle vs evil 30 min
Round 4: Marigold, Maxim, Kythel Round 5: JJ, Kikinnin, Demons


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 4

Will (DC 21): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Even though the more dangerous foes are dead or fled the field, Marigold furiously fights against the demon's paralytic magics so that she may help her friends...and manages to break free!


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Round 4

Will save DC 21 - 1d20 + 9 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 2 + 1 = 28

Kythel this time, manages to shake the grasp of the Demons magic.


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 5

Status:

AC = 27
HP = 139/148
Weapon Equipped = Eldgammel (+3 Holy)
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor, Divine Bond, Bull's Strength, Heroism, Prayer

Kikinnin disregards the demon beast shooting rays at him, as it'll have its turn shortly after he finishes his current foe.

Blessing of Fervor for an Additional Attack

Eldgammel, Power Attack...: 1d20 + 19 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 19 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 39 for 1d10 + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + (3, 1) = 25 damage, including Holy

Second Swing: 1d20 + 14 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 14 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 34 for 1d10 + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (5) + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + (5, 2) = 29 damage, including Holy

Third Swing: 1d20 + 9 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 20 for 1d10 + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + (4, 6) = 31 damage, including Holy

He remembers the speed given to him by the halfling lass, this time.

BoF Attack: 1d20 + 19 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 19 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 26 for 1d10 + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + (5, 3) = 26 damage, including Holy


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Kythel and Marigold break free from their paralysis while JJ kneels and shakes the succubus body in frustration.

Kikinnin swings his axe and Eldgammel cuts three times through the demon's body, leaving three different parts split.

Maxim does something heroic.

Only one demon remains, and seeing how dangerous the dwarf is with the axe, the bat-like demon moves a hand attempting to make Kikinnin fly while he flaps his wings to move higher in the air.
Will DC 19 or suffer a Violent Thrust that makes Kikinnin fly falling on the water pond

Dreghakus: 220 damage, destroyed
Yellow: 13 damage, slightly damaged
Blue: 111 damage, destroyed
Xokek: 19 damage, -prayer
Octopus: 15 damage
Group buffs: blessing of fervor r12, prayer r14
Marigold: 118/118 hp, daylight (mace) 70 min
JJ: 129/129 hp, bear endurance 5 min
Maxim: 91/91 hp, endure elements 24 h, see invisibility 40 min, prot. evil 5 min
Kikinnin: 139/148 hp, heroism 10 min, divine bond (holy axe) 7 min, bull's strength 8 min, -1 level
Kythel: 129/129 hp, circle vs evil 30 min
Round 5: Marigold, Maxim (x2), Kythel Round 6: JJ, Kikinnin, Demons


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

ROUNDS 4 & 5 Boons/Buffs: Prayer (+1 luck bonus on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saves, and skill checks) & Blessing of Fervour (+2 bonus on attack rolls and a +2 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves.)

Maxim moves forward with grim determination (20ft Move) and draws a bead on the flying demon with his wand. (Map's showing Blue as active demon but damage tracker indicates it should be yellow? Targeting the survivor anyways!)

Activating the trusty item, he once again sends volley after volley of arcane bullets at the creature;

"Magische Raket!' (Gnome: Magic Missile). (Use Wand of Magic Missile - Round 4 Standard Action: 5/22 charges remaining vs Blue? Yellow?)

Magic Missile Damage (CL9): 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 2, 2, 3, 3) + 5 = 18
Caster Level Check (to overcome any SR??): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

"Magische Raket!' (Gnome: Magic Missile). (Use Wand of Magic Missile - Round 5 Standard Action: 4/22 charges remaining vs Blue? Yellow?)

Magic Missile Damage (CL9): 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 3, 4, 2, 2) + 5 = 19
Caster Level Check (to overcome any SR??): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

As he blasts the demon, the gun-mage shifts backward (10ft Move Action), to keep the creature within his sights...


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Round 5

Kythel moves towards JJ and casts a spell to try and remove whatever magics enrapture him.

Dispel Magic on JJ - 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Unfortunately, the magics of this Demon prove too powerful for the Cleric to remove...


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 6

Status:

AC = 27
HP = 139/148
Weapon Equipped = Eldgammel (+3 Holy)
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor, Divine Bond, Bull's Strength, Heroism, Prayer, Enervation

Will Save v DC 19: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (20) + 17 = 37

Kikinnin advances warily on the bat-demon. He suspects the thing is intelligent enough to avoid coming within an axe swing, so he watches intently as Maxim lays into it with the unerring missiles.

The black beard knows that he should find something in his weaponry to deal with the height disadvantage, but he figures that'll wait for a later rumination.

He watches the winged creature like a cat watches an injured bird...


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 5

Now free of the demon's magic, Marigold hustles forward to help against the last remaining foe; there was little they could do for Keygan at the moment but making sure they all survived would be the first step towards fixing their mistake.

She scowls up at the flying demon and attempts to blast it out of the air with a ray of light!

Searing Light (Ranged Touch; Prayer): 1d20 + 10 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 10 + 1 = 23
CL vs. Spell Resistance (Spell Pen.): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 13 + 2 = 31
Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 1, 5, 7) = 20


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Maxim's projectiles fail to pierce through the demon magical resistance.

Kythel's dispel fails to break the last suggestion of the succubus over JJ.

Kikinnin waits to see what happens.

Marigold's searing light though manages to pierce the magical defenses and strikes true, partially burning in light the demon.

Fly (hover) DC 15: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
The creature flaps his wings trying to maintain his height, and only slightly adjusting it dropping it 5 feet while it turns around to gaze at you with a death stealing stare!
Everyone among 30' must succeed on a DC 18 Fortitude save or gain a negative level. I think everyone but JJ and Maxim must roll.

Yellow: 33 damage, slightly damaged
Octopus: 15 damage
Group buffs: blessing of fervor r12, prayer r14
Marigold: 118/118 hp, daylight (mace) 70 min
JJ: 129/129 hp, bear endurance 5 min
Maxim: 91/91 hp, endure elements 24 h, see invisibility 40 min, prot. evil 5 min
Kikinnin: 139/148 hp, heroism 10 min, divine bond (holy axe) 7 min, bull's strength 8 min, -1 level
Kythel: 129/129 hp, circle vs evil 30 min
Round 5: Marigold, Maxim, Kythel Round 6: JJ, Kikinnin, Demons


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Marigold's Round 6

Fort (DC 18; Prayer): 1d20 + 13 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 13 + 1 = 15

Marigold hisses as the demon's gaze seems to sap some of her...strength? Vitality? Whatever it is, she doesn't like it. Not one bit.

She gazes up at the demon and gives a rather baleful glare in return as she attempts to fire another ray of light!

Searing Light (Ranged Touch, Prayer, Neg. Level): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 1 = 30
CL vs. Spell Resistance (Neg Level, Spell Penetration): 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 12 + 2 = 29
Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (8, 7, 7, 3, 7) = 32

Crit?: 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 1 = 18
Damage: 5d8 ⇒ (3, 2, 4, 5, 5) = 19


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 7

Status:

AC = 29 BoF
HP = 139/148
Weapon Equipped = Eldgammel (+3 Holy)
Condition(s) = Blessing of Fervor, Divine Bond, Bull's Strength, Heroism, Prayer, Enervation

Blessing of Fervor for +2s

Fortitude Save v DC 19: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (16) + 19 = 35

Kikinnin moves a little closer, and readies a swing, should the creature slip up, and descend. "Wings getting heavier? Come down, and we'll give you a proper rest."

Readied Attack:

Eldgammel...: 1d20 + 19 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 19 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 = 26 for 1d10 + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + 2d6 ⇒ (9) + 6 + 8 + 2 + 1 + (1, 3) = 30 damage, including Holy

9,601 to 9,650 of 10,372 << first < prev | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | 198 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] The Shackled City by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.