The Shackled City Adventure Path by GM Rutseg

Game Master Balacertar

Chapter 8 - LORDS OF OBLIVION

Cauldron map
Redgorge map
Current map

Campaign Index / Campaign diary
Loot sheet
Old loot sheet (Maxim)

Group Stealth (passive): -5 (Kikinnin)
Group Stealth (active): 5 (Kikinnin)
Group Perception: 27 (Marigold)
Group Sense motives: 30 (Marigold)
Group Spellcraft: 24 (Maxim)
Group Appraise: 23 (Maxim)


9,401 to 9,450 of 10,372 << first < prev | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision
Kythel wrote:
"Travel is no burden for me, where you believe I will be most useful is where I will be... I would consult Pharasma ... but I wonder how much help she would be if I am seeking to move against fellow Pharasmans..."

"My Bror states, rightly, that those were no true Pharasmans. If your faith is genuine, She should be quite helpful, if you ask the right questions." Kikinnin considers sharing his previous petition of Jenya for a Commune with Abadar, but decides not to.

Jenya wrote:
"I guess you wish to finish preparations for your trip to Karran-Kural. I don't know for how long, but for now I can grant the safety of the temple. As such, if you want to pass the night here and depart at dawn, you are invited to share dinner with us and find a spot in the dormitory."

"As always, much thanks, revered Jenya."

Marigold wrote:
"And it'll g-give us some t-time to, um...c-catch Kythel up on what we're d-doing and why. R-right?"

Kikinnin slowly nods, starting to understand that they have a job to do, getting Kythel up to speed. He gives Marigold a begrudging look, wondering who'll take the responsibility of the debriefing.

Juraan wrote:
"Yes! The Legend Lore spell worked out in the cage my friends!!! The cage results to be a powerful focus for a ritual to establish a permanent portal between the Material Plane and Carceri!!! This particular soulcage was forged by a fire giant named Dugobras and created by a cleric named Grehlia Cairnis with the aid of three individuals named Triel Eldurast, Skaven Umbermead, and Tarkilar!!! It also revealed the soulcage has ties to something called the Soul Pillars of Karran-Kural, and it provided a short quote from an anonymous source: 'An ancient hate stolen from the souls of the dead, the cage is but the key to a greater evil.'"

Kikinnin bows his head, as Juraan presents his findings, hands behind his back. The floor of the Temple provides several intersections of stone, where he tries his best to see the veins of deep rock lit with the names the professor is declaring. He sees Dugobras's name, linked with Grehlia, by a single fissure. From Grehlia's name, he links three other names- Triel, Skaven, and Tarkilar. He doesn't hear the name Fetor, so he wonders about Abradius's role in the investigation of the Soul Pillars. He doesn't lift his head, when he muses about what he's heard.

"'Permanent Portal'. So a way in, and a way out? Huh. Doesn't surprise us that Dugobras was the one crafting cages, either. Not sure we need anything further from him..."

...

Kikinnin takes his leave, and removes himself from his armor, giving each piece a good polishing before running himself a decent bath. The hot water gives his hands a good softening, and he pulls his head from the depths to run water through his beard several times. He acknowledges the slight redness in the water as a mixture of his own blood, and the blood of his enemies. The tinge doesn't discourage him from a good, long soak.

When he returns to the dining hall, his demeanor is improved. He takes what he can to eat, and pours himself something reasonable. Nothing which will dehydrate himself for the early departure the next morning.

He seeks out his companions, this time making a point of excluding Gemma from the conversation/planning. He doesn't want to think of what might happen if she were targeted by Sasserine assassins, and tortured for intelligence on their strategies, moving forward.

"Now, Kythel. This group here, it's become a kind of family to me, so I just want to be clear with you. Raise a hand to help any of them, and you'll earn my trust. Raise a hand against any of them, and you'll earn my ire. I don't expect you to sacrifice your life for those you just met, but you might decide to sacrifice your life for our cause, once you've been debriefed of our missions to date."

Kikinnin pauses his own stream of consciousness, before turning to Marigold and Maxim, giving them looks of petition to help him inform Kythel. He doesn't regard JJ as an objective accountant, what with his idolization of the Beef and Beat.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Juraan's Report

"Oh w-wow...we've heard the n-name Grehlia before," Marigold whistles. "K-Kaurophon told us that sh-she was the newest m-member of the C-Cagewrights and used to b-be the leader of the Ebon T-Triad here in C-Cauldron. But it g-goes even further b-back, remember?"

"And the other th-three, we've h-heard those names t-too," she continues. She lifts a finger. "We f-felled Skaven." Another finger. "And T-Triel..." she shoots JJ a sad look. Marigold lifts one more finger. "Then T-Tarkilar."

"So Grehlia is the o-only one we've not c-crossed paths with yet. B-but since we've c-cleared her three helpers off the b-board she hopefully c-can't make anymore soulcages anytime s-soon."

"All r-roads seem to lead to Karran-Kural, d-don't they? And J-Juraan's research only c-confirms what we already susp-p-pected...the C-Cagewrights mean to g-gain access to Carceri, p-probably for a p-prison break of some k-kind."


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

The table is soon set with bread, warm soup, legumes and a bunch of local coconuts.

As you take sits in the temple's refectory you find out Alek Tercival sits along in the same table. The man's demeanor is still dull but he makes a slight greeting sign, and takes a bite of bread.

Juraan nods as Marigold links people and events, he only makes a correction with an intended smile "I would say, Kikinnin, felled Tarkilar"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Maxim nods sage like as he mulls the back and forth on Juraan's discoveries;

"The fire jotunn we knew was forging cages. Said as much when he parleyed with him. Like my bror an' Lil' Miss say most o' em we crossed swords with... apart from this Grehlia."

The gun-mage reaches subconsciously for a stogie, then realises he's not got one lit.

"Karran-Kural it is then. We can rouse the fire-jotunn if we think it'll accomplish anything. Pay him off... or remove that piece from the board. Without his skills they'll not have the means to make more cages."

At Kikinnin's address to Kythel he offers a hard smile to the priest and warrior both;

"Ain't much to add, like I said previous - we're fighting a war, one for the heart and soul o' Cauldron, it's folk... and its faiths. Shadow foes strike at us, an' we've uncovering plots that have implications beyond this plane an' mortal ken."


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ sits next to uncle Alek, keeping the man silent company during the meal. Toward the end he does however quietly ask "Remember what you said to me when I first got into trouble, and the guard hauled me back to you?"

He shakes his head. "You'd thwacked my rear so hard I don't think I was able to sit for a week, and I was moping around."

The lad watches his uncles face, hoping for signs of remembrance, or at least understanding.

"What you told me then was: You took your licks, and they were due you. But the only person making you sad and mope around now is you. " He twists around to stare into the mans eyes.

"You said 'I love you lad. I hate to see you do this to yourself.'"

Then speaking clearly, JJ says "I love you uncle. You are the only blood-family I have. I hate to see you do this to yourself."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Opting to pretend to give JJ and his uncle some privacy during the meal, Marigold turns to Kythel.

"Um...m-more specifically, we did a b-big bunch of research on C-Carcei and the S-Soul Pillars and K-Karran-Kural and this is what we l-learned..." she begins to explain.

A few minutes later when she's done, she offers the man an apologetic shrug. "S-Sorry, I know that's a l-lot to take in. B-but based on what we learned earlier, we f-figured that meant that the C-Cagewrights wanted to g-get to Carceri using the soulc-c-cages. D-demodands are the j-jailers of Carceri and we were t-told that the l-leader of the C-Cagewrights is a demodand."

"From th-there, it...s-seems like they want to b-break s-someone out of C-Carceri. A d-demon lord named Adimarchus that used to r-rule the outer p-plane of Occipitus."

"And....b-based on what J-Juraan found it sounds like our theories were on the r-right track," Marigold concludes. "Karran-Kural h-holds further answers and th-that's where we aim to t-travel next."


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Alek's face seems to harden as JJ talks to him. The uncle takes the nephew's hand with strength. "You have grown so much JJ..." the paladin stares at the young man "I still think it was my weakness that took so much chaos to Cauldron, and only your boldness and skill fixed that error of mine. But... you are right... I shall learn from my past errors and endure as the future comes as there is no other way for me to help this city now"

"You are my only family JJ. I shall make it so you can count on me once more" the man seems suddenly to fill with recovered resolve "I promise, the next time you come back to Cauldron, you will find me once more clad in my armor"


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ beams a smile at his uncle. "Right on! I'm sure you also said something to me about life being uncertain."

He reaches across to some desert, fills a plate with it and sticks it in front of his hero. "So I say: Eat dessert first!
"


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Kythel eats little and says less at the dinner. He ponders just what he will ask in this Augury he plans on casting tonight.

Upon the arrival of the Professor he listens but does not speak, after all, these names are all new to him and he has no frame of reference for any of them.

When the companions have a private meeting that includes him he joins. At Kikinnin's statement he responds, "If I raise a hand to you or your friends it shall be to soothe your wounds and nothing more.

Be warned, I sometimes employ the powers of the enemy to hamper them but I have become so skilled in their ways that I will exclude both you and me from the effects of my channeling. In reverse, I can also aid al of you and me while excluding our foes from the benefits of my ministrations".

As the conversation continues Kythel asks, "What dangers, besides Demons, can we expect to encounter at Karran-Kural? Knowing will enable me to petition Pharasma for powers that will be the most helpful".


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Dead spirits trapped in pillars and a lich-dragon!" chimes in JJ with forced happiness.

"I guess if any spell-weavers survived we might find them too. Oh and likely the surviving Cage makers. I'm guessing there were a dozen of them, so ... maybe more than half still remain?" he adds questioningly.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

You spend the rest of the day resting, updating each other about the knowledge acquired and readying for your departure. After a night rest you awake to a well sorted table full of impressive food provided by Ryan's heroe's feast. The cleric nods at you as you arrive and gives Marigold a communal resist energy scroll he had been working on for the night.
CL is 11th for this scroll

After a couple more days, Maxim reaches you with an assortment of equipment that includes all the pieces you charged him to find in the far markets of the region.

Short after you leave Cauldron gates through the north-west and start to descend the caldera's slope through the main road that spins around. As you do so, you find out a campsite with the mercenary half-orcs that had been living in Minuta's Board until the inn burned down to ashes.

For the next hours you walk towards Sasserine through Cauldron's crop fields, sharing your way with some farmers at times and an eventual merchant. You have a stop to have lunch and orientate yourselves towards the destination.
JJ's Survival (take 10): 10 + 16 = 26

Thanks to the notes you have gathered, JJ calculates the best route towards the Demonskar, and decide to keep on the road for at least one more day, in order to avoid the worst of the jungle.

JJ's Survival (take 10): 10 + 16 = 26
After a bit more walking JJ find's a good spot to make camp for the night, easily defensible between rocks, and close to the road so you don't have to lose time.

Camp night and extra time for you to finish deciding what do you buy for equipment!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"You know, it is actually nice being in the outdoors again. " smiles JJ as the hot air of the jungle beats down on the group.

"Fresh aid. I mean, I know I'm a city boy at heart, but out here, surrounded by the trees... surrounded by LIFE... it just... don't you feel a bit free-er out here than in the stone surrounds of Cauldron.."

Then, realising what he is saying with dwarves around, adds. "Not that a stone city is anything wrong..."

He swats at a mosquito. "And a dry roof does have some advantages. Not to mention a bed that isn't surrounded by blood suckers. Apart from Vampires... obviously."

Maybe I'll just shut up now.

That evening he fiddles with a new ring sitting on his finger. "It's kind of hard to get used to wearing jewellery.." he sighs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

"It's a n-nice change of p-pace," Marigold agrees quietly. "At least when the w-weather is nice. Otherwise, g-give me a room somewhere f-far away from the c-cold night air..."

Realizing that she's segued into the lyrics of an old song, the halfling begins to hum as she helps to set up camp.

~Oh, wouldn't it be loverly?~

Later, she raises an amused eyebrow at JJ. "B-better work on that th-then before one of your g-girls decides to m-make an honest man out of y-you and p-put a ring on it," she giggles.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Sara's already trying." he replies.

It's hard to tell if he is glum about it, excited about it, or just exhausted at the thought of it.

"I mean she is a nice girl, and I like her heaps. But at the moment I think I'd be painting a target in the middle of her back."

He sighs a bit more "And, well... I guess farming folk get married by my age all the time. But I just... well.. I'm not sure that I'm ready..."

And why when I kiss her, do I keep looking for the horns and wings of the succubus from Occipus?. And why do I feel disappointed when they are not there?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

After diner you ready the camp for the night and go to sleep.

Marigold*:

After falling sleep you feel one of your dreams come back again vividly. But this time you feel calmer than ever before and under control.

You clutch the pitiful angel by his throat; watching his strength begin to falter and the spark of life begin to fade in his eyes. Demons encircle you and howl with bloodlust and scream for the angel’s death.

"Kill his slowly my lord so we may saviour his death!" says one, "and then drink his celestial blood!" you hear another guttural voice add in support. Turning to your left first, then your right, you see two great horned demons, one with one half of its face scared and its eye and horn missing while the other has two red horns that curl over its face. Your lieutenants - To’lor and Gutlal both smile wickedly towards you with eagerness.

Your attention turns back to the angel in your grasp and you feel his struggles cease. Staring into his eyes you feel something unexpected, something you had not dared to feel in decades.

You feel pity.

From the deep recesses of your consciousness you hear the seductive voice command you - Kill him, kill him now! Your army deserves to feast upon him after the deaths he caused!

"No!" you scream out loud, resisting your Inner Demon, "he fought well. He will live for the moment. Chain him to my throne!

The demons are visibly disappointed and angered by the command. "But my lord, he dared try and hunt you down to kill you!" the great horned demon by your side asserts.

"He will live until I tire of torturing him, now To’lor and Gutlal leave me and take the troops with you!" you order. Fire flares up in the lieutenants demonic eyes before they bow, "As you order my lord" they say in unison and they signal the other demons to follow them from the throne room.

You sit on a throne made of demonic skulls and bones within a cathedral of gold and ivory staring at the chained angel at your feet.

"I was once a pitiful angel like you - blinded by the light of heaven, ignorant of the truth that I was but a meaningless pawn" you eventual say with venom in your voice.

"I am nothing like you – DEMON LORD!" the angel spits back, "you have turned your back on heaven to lead the very thing you once fought to destroy!"

"Ahhh, so you know me do you? You know everything about me?" you say rising to your feet, "you know nothing!" and you lash out with your foot slamming into the angels face. Your voice rising with growing anger you spit down at the cowering celestial "I did not turn my back on heaven, they turned their back on me!"

"I was a general of Heavens armies. I was a champion of their cause. But what was my reward – banishment! And my crime – love. Yes, love. I dared love an angel forbidden to me because of her station. In heaven love should be cherished and worshiped, not punished."

You stand over the angel ripping him to his feet to look into your eyes, "And you call me a demon lord like it is an insult. Well when heaven cast me out the demons embraced me. They followed my command and they heeded my call. In hundreds of worlds they have erected statues, shrines and temples to me and worship me like a demonic god"

Throwing the angel to the floor you say coldly "And when I needed help it was Graz’zt, curse his black soul, my old enemy who granted it too me, not any celestial!"

"But, you once fought against Graz’zt. You repelled every invasion the demon lord sent against us." The angel dared to respond.

"Yes, he has been my enemy for a millennium. I was a desperate fool to seek his aid. Now he has found a way to curse me with an Inner Demon who did this to my eye and who threatens to drive me to the brink of insanity. But I am too strong, I will not let despair overcome me any longer!" you respond dropping back into the throne.

Tentatively rising to his feet, the angel looks at you with a new level of understanding and sympathy brimming in his eyes. "I came to kill you Adimarchus. I came to save us from the immense army you are building to invade heaven, but perhaps heaven is not the enemy you should be attacking... perhaps Graz’zt is."

After a moment of silence in barely a whisper you respond–

"Perhaps Graz’zt is, Angel, perhaps he is"

You do awake sweat but calm.

Kythel*:

This night you have one more of your dreams, but this one is more vivid than ever, like if the proximity to Cauldron is making things more clear.

You clutch the pitiful angel by his throat; watching his strength begin to falter and the spark of life begin to fade in his eyes. Demons encircle you and howl with bloodlust and scream for the angel’s death.

"Kill his slowly my lord so we may saviour his death!" says one, "and then drink his celestial blood!" you hear another guttural voice add in support. Turning to your left first, then your right, you see two great horned demons, one with one half of its face scared and its eye and horn missing while the other has two red horns that curl over its face. Your lieutenants - To’lor and Gutlal both smile wickedly towards you with eagerness.

Your attention turns back to the angel in your grasp and you feel his struggles cease. Staring into his eyes you feel something unexpected, something you had not dared to feel in decades.

You feel pity.

From the deep recesses of your consciousness you hear the seductive voice command you - Kill him, kill him now! Your army deserves to feast upon him after the deaths he caused!

"No!" you scream out loud, resisting your Inner Demon, "he fought well. He will live for the moment. Chain him to my throne!

The demons are visibly disappointed and angered by the command. "But my lord, he dared try and hunt you down to kill you!" the great horned demon by your side asserts.

"He will live until I tire of torturing him, now To’lor and Gutlal leave me and take the troops with you!" you order. Fire flares up in the lieutenants demonic eyes before they bow, "As you order my lord" they say in unison and they signal the other demons to follow them from the throne room.

You sit on a throne made of demonic skulls and bones within a cathedral of gold and ivory staring at the chained angel at your feet.

"I was once a pitiful angel like you - blinded by the light of heaven, ignorant of the truth that I was but a meaningless pawn" you eventual say with venom in your voice.

"I am nothing like you – DEMON LORD!" the angel spits back, "you have turned your back on heaven to lead the very thing you once fought to destroy!"

"Ahhh, so you know me do you? You know everything about me?" you say rising to your feet, "you know nothing!" and you lash out with your foot slamming into the angels face. Your voice rising with growing anger you spit down at the cowering celestial "I did not turn my back on heaven, they turned their back on me!"

"I was a general of Heavens armies. I was a champion of their cause. But what was my reward – banishment! And my crime – love. Yes, love. I dared love an angel forbidden to me because of her station. In heaven love should be cherished and worshiped, not punished."

You stand over the angel ripping him to his feet to look into your eyes, "And you call me a demon lord like it is an insult. Well when heaven cast me out the demons embraced me. They followed my command and they heeded my call. In hundreds of worlds they have erected statues, shrines and temples to me and worship me like a demonic god"

Throwing the angel to the floor you say coldly "And when I needed help it was Graz’zt, curse his black soul, my old enemy who granted it too me, not any celestial!"

"But, you once fought against Graz’zt. You repelled every invasion the demon lord sent against us." The angel dared to respond.

"Yes, he has been my enemy for a millennium. I was a desperate fool to seek his aid. Now he has found a way to curse me with an Inner Demon who did this to my eye and who threatens to drive me to the brink of insanity. But I am too strong, I will not let despair overcome me any longer!" you respond dropping back into the throne.

Tentatively rising to his feet, the angel looks at you with a new level of understanding and sympathy brimming in his eyes. "I came to kill you Adimarchus. I came to save us from the immense army you are building to invade heaven, but perhaps heaven is not the enemy you should be attacking... perhaps Graz’zt is."

After a moment of silence in barely a whisper you respond–

"Perhaps Graz’zt is, Angel, perhaps he is"

You do awake sweat but calm.

The next day lights up, ready for breakfast. A few miles forward and you will go deep into the jungle, opening your own path in the search of the Demonskar, but this time to find Karran-Kural.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Kythel remains quiet as the companions chat. It seems if he is not spoken to directly that chatting is not Kythel's strong suit or perhaps he is just quiet around newcomers.

Kythel wakes in a sweat. His eyes wide. He turns to the others, "I dreamt once more, this time I remember it all, perhaps it was our discussion, bringing to the fore names I was not aware of before. Did any of the rest of you dream?

In my dream I was Adimarchus"...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision
Juraan wrote:
"I would say, Kikinnin, felled Tarkilar."

Kikinnin keeps chewing his dinner, pausing to flick a seed from a back tooth. He's slow to remember Tarkilar, but remember him, he does. It begins a series of memories, of all the foes felled, all the risks taken. He smiles at Juraan, out of politeness for the acknowledgement, then uses the opportunity to look over each of his friends-in-arms, including the new face. He tosses another mouthful back, and savors the flavor and texture, expecting that their trip to Karran Kural will take them away from the comforts of Cauldron for a long while.

When the nephew and uncle share a moment, Kikinnin looks on JJ, and starts to see less of the boy, and more of the man he's becoming. He looks at Alek, and pictures JJ at the same age. He sees JJ with white streaks over his ears, as the hells they've been journeying through would undoubtedly pull more color out of the boy's hair than his uncle's.

Kythel wrote:
"If I raise a hand to you or your friends it shall be to soothe your wounds and nothing more. Be warned, I sometimes employ the powers of the enemy to hamper them but I have become so skilled in their ways that I will exclude both you and me from the effects of my channeling. In reverse, I can also aid al of you and me while excluding our foes from the benefits of my ministrations."

Kikinnin nods to Kythel, raising his mug to the priest. "You'll have a lot to discuss with JJ, then. He has a morbid fascination with abyssal things."

...

JJ wrote:
"It's kind of hard to get used to wearing jewellery..."
Marigold wrote:
"B-better work on that th-then before one of your g-girls decides to m-make an honest man out of y-you and p-put a ring on it."
JJ wrote:
"I'm not sure that I'm ready..."

Kikinnin listens to the two speak like old women sitting in rocking chairs next to the hearthfire, and almost joins them. He looks towards Maxim to throw some ribald remark regarding the boy's virility, and rings on fingers, all ten for separate lasses in distant cities, and snorts quietly to himself.

Kythel wrote:
"I dreamt once more, this time I remember it all, perhaps it was our discussion, bringing to the fore names I was not aware of before. Did any of the rest of you dream? In my dream I was Adimarchus..."

Kikinnin hears Kythel, but looks grimly at Marigold, and waits for the halfling with the smoking eye to respond to the Pharasman...


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

"W-wait...y-you t-too?"

Marigold sits and looks at Kythel, eyes wide, a thin sheen of sweat on her own brow. For a long moment that's all she can do, is look and look and look at their new companion.

"S-sat on a throne of b-bones and sk-skulls, in a cathedral m-made of g-gold and ivory...Adimarchus and his angelic p-prisoner spoke..." she whispers. "B-but Adimarchus and I w-were one and the s-same."


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Maxim picks at his breakfast before lighting up a morning stogie to clear the fresh air from his lungs.

At the admission from the newcomer Kythel, then corroboration by Marigold he almost allows the cheroot to drop from his beard shrouded lip;

"Hell's Teeth... Ya'll both were this Adimarchus? So what in tarnation does this mean?"

He shoots a look to their diminutive oracle, but focusses his gaze more on the Pharasman priest who fate has brought into their fold.


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJs eyes open up as Margold and Kythel speak. Quietly to Maxim he asks "[smaller]Kan du se, om han også har mærket?[/maller]"

Dwarven:

"Can you see if he has the mark too?"

Marigold, Terram...maybe Kythel..

Light bulbs go off in his head.

"Kythel... odd question, but are you an orphan? "
Then turning to Kikinnin he asks "And what about... Zenith... was he also an orphan?"


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Kikinnin stuffs a cold piece of potato into his mouth, while inhaling stogie smoke. It combines in his senses to remind him of the charred steak that would normally accompany the vegetable, much like Ryan's Feast Fit For Heroes. He finds his food somewhat lacking.

JJ wrote:
"Zenith... orphan?"

The black beard looks JJ over, his first reaction that the boy is having a laugh. When JJ looks to be seriously inquiring, Kikinnin answers.

"Zenith was born of Dakved, JJ. Sure, I wasn't witness to the birth, but all would vouch safe that Splintershield blood was true, untainted by bastard brood. The lineages of Malachite are old and noble." Something behind Kikinnin's eyes warns JJ to move on, and speak on other subjects, like Kythel.

So the black beard demonstrates the way to do so.

"Appears that you and miss Marigold shared something. We know that the halfling lass is Marked on her forehead, indicating that she's a focus of demodands. The boy wants you checked for the Mark, too." It doesn't sound quite like Kikinnin is asking for permission to do so.

He turns to both Marigold and Kythel. "I don't mean to push either of you, but you've hardly spoken on this dream. Were you both aware of each other in the dream? What exactly do you want us to understand about it?"

Kikinnin works on his breakfast, stuffing his mouth so the two dreamwalkers understand he'll not be speaking shortly. His eyebrows elevate to indicate the receptivity of his earholes.


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

"N-no, it was j-just me," Marigold answers as she begins to explain what happened in her dream.

Feel free to read Marigold's spoiler above.

As she finishes, she looks at Kythel.

"W-was your dream the s-same?"


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

The use of the group's see invisibility wand reveals to Maxim the Carcerian sign marks Kythel's forehead exactly in the same way as it does in Marigold's.

With the revelation done, the group uncamps and resumes walking. A couple of hours later you do leave behind the road to follow JJ's lead into the jungle. As you do, the sounds of monkeys, parrots and insects envelope you.

Your walk becomes more and more difficult as you walk into the heart of the jungle, always looking forward to the Demonskar. The earth here is full of moisture and your muddy steps become more difficult while the discussion about the sign still resounds among you.

The more you approach to the Demonskar, the more you feel the animals retreat, and a strange dread feeling of being observed rises.


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ, child of the streets, lovable vagabond of the city of Cauldron seems oddly at home in the jungle. Ranging ahead of the group he marks the easiest way for them to travel.

"I learned a bit last time we were here..." he explains.

"Pacing yourself is important, all to easy to get exhausted here. And sometimes moving around the vines helps a bit more than trying to rush through them."

And skilled indeed he appears, as not trace is left of his passing, the unfortunate same not being able to be said for much of the rest of the group.

"If you trample over the stinging vines, of course they'll hurt you." he explains.

Still, as the group approaches the scar, he can't help but notice the sparsity of animal life, and how the jungle itself starts to look more twisted and darker. The lad then keeps closer, never heading more than one hundred feet ahead in search of easier routes.

Assuming this is as hot as before, he'll also have endure elements up.


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Maxim looks troubled at the reveal of the sigil, before nodding to himself with a hard smile;

"So yer One o' the Marked Kythel... Bad news is ye may have a purpose to our foes... Good news is yer amongst friends, and them basterds ain't got ye yet..."


HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

"That m-makes at least f-four of us that we kn-know of now," Marigold muses, simultaneously worried but also not surprised to see that Kythel bears the same mark that she does. "M-me, y-you, Z-Zenith, and T-Terrem. The n-number '13' seems imp-p-portant to the Cagewrights...m-makes me wonder if there's supp-p-posed to be 13 m-marked out there s-somewhere..."

It's a troubling thought, especially since there seemed to be no way of knowing how many of those still lived or if they were already captured or dead.

"And I w-wonder if b-being able to remember the d-dreams only happens at a certain p-point? D-didn't Terrem complain of n-nightmares that he c-couldn't remember?"


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

The Carcerian Mark makes Kikinnin relax a little more, over Kythel. He's Marked, meant to be Caged, not work with the Cagers...

Marigold as Adimarchus wrote:
"Now he has found a way to curse me with an Inner Demon who did this to my eye and who threatens to drive me to the brink of insanity."

Kikinnin finds his spine straightening as the halfling lass brings her, and supposedly Kythel's, dream to light.

"So, when you lost your eye, you gained an Inner Demon?" The black beard largely ignores the fact that Kythel shared Marigold's perspective. The Pharasman hasn't yet lost his eye.

"Do we have to worry that you're Cursed, Marigold? I trust you, but if you acquired a Passenger through your Ritual, I think we're entitled to know if you're being threatened, as Adimarchus was in your dream."


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Those of you without resistance to warm environments, please provide 3 Fort rolls (DC 15, 16 and 17) to see if you are fatigued or exhausted. Apply a -4 if you travel in heavy clothing or armor of any sort. Remember you can use the Survival skill to get bonuses.

After a day of wading through the jungle you reach a point where the air is so foul that most vegetation has retreated. You walk through an ancient path that seems to take you deeper and deeper into a steeper cliff as you go forward.

To your left a waterfall spills water that quickly percolates into the Earth through fissures. Nearby an obelisk with text written in a forgotten language strongly calls your attention.

When you approach to examine the location a group of clouds composed of spores and feathers pop up around you! Taken by surprise by the sudden teleportation you barely have time to recognize four demons product of the twisted cross between a man and a gigantic vulture and a smaller but more muscular one, with violet skin that walks upon elephantine feet and has large, razor-sharp horns covering its body.

The violet one sniffs in the air and shouts "તમે સાચા હતા ... હવા દેવદૂત લોહીને ચાકારે છે. જુઓ! ત્યાં તે છે! પેલુ! સોનેરી! તેને ટુકડા કરી નાખો, અમે આજે રાત્રે તેના લોહીમાં તહેવાર કરીશું!"

Abyssal:
"You were right... the air reeks to angelic blood. Look! There it is! That one! The blonde one! Tear him to pieces, we will feast in his blood tonight!"

Initiative:

JJ (+2 urban, +2 underground, +2 jungle, +10 Abyss, +2 plane of fire): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 + 2 = 16
Kikinnin: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Marigold: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Maxim: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Kythel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Vulptures: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
Hunky: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18

Just after their appearance both Maxim and Kythel react very fast and ready for combat!

K. planes DC 19:

The vuplture ones are demons known as Vrocks. As most demons, they are immune to electricity and resistant to the rest of energy attacks. Also, they have mild resistance against magic and non-good aligned or holy weapons.

They know a ritualistic dance that completes with a great explosion of electricity in a large extension around them.

Also, they are known to have nasty spores around their bodies that damage living creatures and can only be destroyed by a bless spell or holy water.

Their screech is stunning, they can fly and they have the ability to create mirror images of themselves, use heroism, telekinesis and teleportation.

Their Will is considerably weaker than their Fortitude and Reflexes, and they have a weak touch AC.

K. planes DC 20:

The violet and hunky one is a Kalavakus demon. As most demons, they are immune to electricity and resistant to the rest of energy attacks. Also, they have mild resistance against magic and non-good aligned or holy weapons.

They are known to be powerful combatants, with a powerful gore charge attack they can use to easily disarm opponents. Their most wicket power is that of enslaving souls, and even those able to resist it get staggered by their potent power. Likewise, they have magical powers to dominate and command weak minds, haste their troops, teleport and walk in the air.

Their weakest safe is Reflexes.

Round 1
Maxim, Kythel, Vulptures, Hunky, JJ, Marigold, Kikinnin

Bold should act now! If you have an ability that allows you to act in a surprise round, you can take a standard action as the creatures teleport in.
New map available!


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ does what he can to keep the rest of the team feeling as spry as he can.

survival,FT: 1d20 + 16 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 16 + 2 = 19 +2 to everyones saves

"હું ફાડવું કરનાર બનીશ." roars back JJ in defiance.

Abyssal:

"I'll be the one doing the tearing."
If this counts as in or around Cauldron (I'm guessing it does) they get +1 to hit and damage me.

planes #1: 1d20 + 16 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 16 + 10 = 46
planes #2: 1d20 + 16 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 16 + 10 = 41


Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

DC15 Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 16
DC16 Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 11 1d4 ⇒ 3
DC17 Fort Save: 1d20 + 10 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (14) + 10 + 2 - 4 = 22

Round 1 Status/Conditions: 1 NL Damage & Fatigued (Cannot run nor charge and takes a –2 penalty to Strength and Dexterity. ****!)

As the demon pack materialise around the group Maxim inwardly curses never learning more of their other planer qualities or wilderness survival skills...

Weary from the journey and stifling conditions, the gun-mage moves toward his bror, drawing his single barrelled pistol as he goes (20ft Move Action & Free Action)

At the black-beard's armoured shoulder, blonde lays calloused hand upon the warrior and imbues him with arcane power;

"Bloed van helden ontwaakt!"

Gnome:
"Blood of heroes awaken!"

(Standard Action - Cast Heroism on Kikinnin. My doughty bror gains a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls, saves, and skill checks for 80 minutes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person
Marigold Montajay wrote:

"W-wait...y-you t-too?"

Marigold sits and looks at Kythel, eyes wide, a thin sheen of sweat on her own brow. For a long moment that's all she can do, is look and look and look at their new companion.

"S-sat on a throne of b-bones and sk-skulls, in a cathedral m-made of g-gold and ivory...Adimarchus and his angelic p-prisoner spoke..." she whispers. "B-but Adimarchus and I w-were one and the s-same."

Kythel nods to Marigold, "My dream was the same..."

Kythel turns to JJ a bit startled, "Yes, yes I was. How did you know? I never knew my parents. I was a street urchin and then". He pauses and shrugs, "I don't like to remember what I was..."

Kythel cocks his head, "Mark, I am not aware of any Mark placed upon me".

Kythel listen to Marigold recount her dream, "Yes mine was the same, exactly the same. Perhaps someone is using dream magic upon us and only we two fell victim to its effects?"

---

I will assume that Kythel knew that he would need some spells to resist the extreme temperature, cast Endure Elements on myself and whoever else seems they are suffering worst of the effects of the heat.

Kythel responds to Maxim, "Then perhaps Pharasma knew I had to come here and did indeed guide me here".

The Pharasman walks for some time in silence then finally speaks, "Do we know why they would have marked anyone, was it at random?"

---

Before anyone can answer his question, the group is ambushed!

Round 1

Knowledge Planes DC 19 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Knowledge Planes DC 20 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15

While Kythel does not know exactly what these creatures are, their appearance and language are enough to know they are not of this world.

Kythel responds with the light of Pharasma. Cast Magic Circle vs. Evil.

10' Radius centered on Kythel. Gain effects of Protection from Evil - +2 Deflection bonus to AC and +2 Resistance bonus on saves. Prevents bodily contact by evil summoned creatures, effect ends if warded creature makes an attack. Lasts 100 minutes.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Maxim infuses some higher heroism on Kikinnin while Kythel surrounds himself with a protection against the evil outsiders.

Violet one chuckles and laughs at JJ "ખરેખર? તમે રમુજી છો. કદાચ હું તમને એક સમય માટે જીવંત રાખીશ જેથી હું તમને ત્રાસ આપી શકું અને તમને જેવું બાળક છે તેવું રડતો જોઉં છું"

Abyssal:
"Really? You are funny. Perhaps I will maintain you alive for a time so I can torture you and see you cry like the baby you are"

Green and blue suddenly duplicate into a mirror image effect and start to flap their wings taking the air.
Green images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Blue images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

The two in the cliff begin a strange dance raising their hands and jumping from one foot to the other.

The violet one points at JJ which instantly feels his very soul being called by the creature.
Will 18 or you get -6 to attack and saves vs this creature (and his soul is his if you die), or staggered 1 round if you succeed. This is a swift action, thus...
With his other hand he seems to invoke another power and soon it starts climbing up into the air to a similar one as the vultures did.

Spellcraft DC 19:

Used air walk.

Green: 8i
Blue: 7i
Maxim: 3 non-lethal, fatigued
Kikinnin: herosim 80 min
Kythel: circle vs evil 100 min
Round 1: JJ, Marigold, Kikinnin, Round 2: Maxim, Kythel, Vulptures, Hunky

Other's round 1 and Maxim/Kythel round 2!
Mind your heat environment rolls


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Can we assume that I spent my second Endure Elements spell on Maxim? Spellcraft DC 19 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

For once the youth manages to control himself. "I've been befuddled by much more beautiful creatures of the pit than you. " he calls back.

"These fiends are Vrock and a Kalavakus demon." he explains, quickly outlying their worst powers.

Read spoilers above

"અને તેમ છતાં, તમે તમારા શબ્દોને ક્રિયાઓ સાથે બેકઅપ લેવાનો પ્રયાસ કરવા માટે મારી નજીક આવવાનું ડરશો. હું પોતે પણ નબત્થરોન પાસે જતો રહ્યો, અને ત્યાંથી ચાલવા જતો હું હતો, તે દુ: ખી હોઇ શકે નહીં." spits back the youth at the demon who would try for his very soul.

Abyssal:
"
And yet you fear to come close to me to actually try to back up your words with actions. I stood toe to toe with Nabthatoron himself, and I was the one to walk away, not that pathetic would-be-demonlord."

Okay, lots of words for one round of actions, especially as he is staggered. But a 20 on that save has to count for something, right?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Jorge de la Selva

Fortitude Save v DC 15: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 19 - 4 = 21
Fortitude Save v DC 16: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 19 - 4 = 20
Fortitude Save v DC 17: 1d20 + 19 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 19 - 4 = 26

Round 1

Status:

AC = 27
HP = 148/148
Weapon Equipped = +2 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = Heroism, Magic Circle v Evil, Resist Electricity 20/18 minutes

Spells for the Delve:

1st Level - Endure Elements, Grace, Liberating Command, L. Restoration
2nd Level - Bull's Strength, Paladin's Sacrifice, Shield Other
3rd Level - Prayer, Resist Energy, Communal

Kikinnin learns what he can about the demons flitting about, above Axe-level. He sees the vrocks beginning their dance, while the two others mirror up. Given the proximity of his companions, the black beard decides that caution is warranted at the moment.

"How are we gonna screw with them, if they keep to themselves up there? They can just keep lobbing insults in that hideous language. Unless you got means of lifting us up, Bror?"

While Kikinnin remains earthbound, he petitions Abadar for protection against the inevitable electricity JJ promised in his accounting of the demonic aggressors.

Cast Resist Energy 20, Communal for Electricity. 18 minutes each, my comrades.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

@Kythel, endure elements on Maxim, noted

JJ heroically resists the demon enslavement and delivers a quick master's lecture on Vrocks and Kalavakus demons.
Although that is a lot of talk you can probably still combine it with drawing a weapon or using some ability if you wish so

The Kalavakus opens wide his eyes and shouts back at JJ "તમે નબત્તોરોનને માર્યો?! રાક્ષસ સ્વામી સદીઓ પહેલાં તે દુષ્ટ માનવ, સ્પેલમાસન સુરબાર દ્વારા ફસાયો હતો. તેના નામનો શ્રાપ છે અને તેના બધા પરિવારને! તમે ખાતરીપૂર્વક તેને નબળી સ્થિતિમાં પકડ્યો. તમે હવે મરી જઇ રહ્યા છો, અને આ વખતે ટ્રોફી મારે તમારા માથા હશે!"

Abyssal:
"You killed Nabthatoron?! The demon lord was trapped centuries ago by that foul human, Spellmason Surabar. His name be cursed and all his family! You sure caught him in a weakened state. You are going to die now, and I will have your heads as trophies this time!"

Sagely listening JJ's words and observing the situation, Kikinnin raises a prayer to Abadar and starts touching his companions with resistance to electricity.
I adjusted KK position on the map for him to touch JJ, then the others ending in Marigold

Spellcraft DC 20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29
Spellcraft DC 20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Spellcraft DC 20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17
Spellcraft DC 20: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30
Caught by surprise three of the Vrocks shout almost ensemble "ધૂમ મચાવનાર મનુષ્ય તોફાન સામે પોતાનો બચાવ કરે છે! કાયર!"

Abyssal:
"The reeking humans are protecting themselves against the storm! Cowards!"

The Kalavakus replies enraged "તમારા મોં પાડો! ટેલિપથી ઇડિઅટ્સનો ઉપયોગ કરો!"

Abyssal:
"Shout your mouths! Use telepathy idiots!"

To which another of the Vrocks answers back "તમને બોસ કોણે બનાવ્યો? તમે પણ બુદ્ધિહીન મૂર્ખ બોલવાનું બંધ કરો!"

Abyssal:
"Who made you the boss? You too stop talking brainless fool!"

Green: 8i
Blue: 7i
Party buffs: resist energy (electricity 20) 18 min
Maxim: endure elements 24 h
Kikinnin: herosim 80 min
Kythel: circle vs evil 100 min
Round 1: JJ, Marigold, Kikinnin, Round 2: Maxim, Kythel, Vulptures, Hunky

Waiting actions from Marigold, Maxim and Kythel!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Dwarf Spellslinger Wizard 6/UC Rogue 4/Arcane Trickster 3 | HP 100/100 | AC 24/T18/FF19 | F+10, R+14, W+11| Perception +12; Darkvision 60ft. | Init +4 | Move: 20ft.| Hero Points: 1 | Grit: 1/1
DC5 Knowledge Local check:
Known as "Garthûn's Gun" in Cauldron.
Key Skills:
+22 Disable Device; +19 Know (Planes); +16 Know (Arcana) & Spellcraft; +15 Appraise; +14 Craft (Alchemy) & Stealth; +13 Escape Artist & Sense Motive

Round 2

Maxim nods at his bror's words and brings forth another enchantment as the demons continue to menace and taunt...

The gun-mage once again places his hand on the armoured shoulder of his fellow dwarf;

"Laten vliegen!" (Gnome: Fly!)

Standard Action - Cast Fly on Kikinnin... grants him 40ft. Flight Movement for 8 minutes... +4 Bonus on Fly skill.

Maxim flashes a hard smile as the holy warrior's feet gently lift from the ground;

"Closest darn thing I'll see to a hog flyin'... Har! Go get 'em bror!"

He then loads his pistol with an alchemical cartridge (Move Action)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
HP 127/127 l AC 22, T 13, FF 22 l CMD 18 l F +13, R +9, W +15; +2 bonus vs. illusions l Lucky Halfling (1/1), Spray of Shooting Stars (2/3), L1: 8/8, L2: 7/7, L3: 2/7, L4: 7/7, L5: 5/7, L6: 4/4 l Init +7 l Senses: Perception +18, Concentration +19 | Female Halfling Oracle (Heavens) 13 l Active Conditions: l Hero Points 1/3

Much Earlier

Kikinnin wrote:
"Do we have to worry that you're Cursed, Marigold? I trust you, but if you acquired a Passenger through your Ritual, I think we're entitled to know if you're being threatened, as Adimarchus was in your dream."

Though at heart she understands why Kikinnin feels it necessary to ask such a question, something about how the dwarf phrases it raises Marigold's hackles a little bit.

"I t-told you what was in my d-dream," she responds, defensiveness creeping into her voice. "And if there w-was anything else, I'd have t-told you that, t-too. I d-don't feel any d-different than I did before I went t-to sleep and that's all I can t-tell you. If there's any sort of P-P-Passenger in my m-mind they're doing a good j-job of keeping a low p-profile!"
______________

The Jungle Sucks

Fort #1 (DC 15): 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 13 - 4 = 19
Fort #2 (DC 16): 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 4 = 24
Fort #3 (DC 17): 1d20 + 13 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 13 - 4 = 24

"S-s-sure is hot, b-but this seems easier than the l-last time we did this!"
______________

Marigold's Round 1

Hoping to further bolster her companions before everyone scatters away from the stone obelisk Marigold calls on Sarenrae's power to grant her allies and herself fervor for the battle ahead.

"તમે ખોટા મુસાફરોને ગુંચવા માટે પસંદ કર્યા છે. અમે તમારા કરતા વધુ મજબૂત શત્રુઓનો સામનો કર્યો છે!"

Abyssal:

"You picked the wrong travelers to tangle with. We've faced down foes much stronger than you!"

Marigold casts Blessing of Fervor which should be able to get everyone~


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Round 2

Kythel will take the +2 Bonus to Attack rolls and the +2 Dodge bonus for AC and Reflex saves from the Blessing. This stacks with the Magic Circle vs Evil +2 to AC and +2 to saves vs. Evil (Deflection Bonus) AC now 20.

Kythel turns to the flying foe due north of him Purple Kalavakus and releases a Web to ensnare the foe!

Reflex DC 15 negates. NO SR applicable. If he fails, he gains the Grappled condition.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

JJ stands ready with Alakast in hand.

"No chance you can get me up there too is there?" he asks Maxim hopefully.[/b]"

" સુરબાર છું! મારા પૂર્વજ જેમ તમે ડઝન દ્વારા માર્યા ગયા, તેથી હું તમને સ્કોર દ્વારા કચડીશ!"

Abyssal:

"I am Surabar! As my ancestor slew you by the dozen, so shall I crush you by the score!" he continues to taunt the demons.

Bonus to AC attacks and reflex this round.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Kythel turns to his new allies and remarks, "I might need to bring larger weapons on our next excursion..."


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Maxim gives flight to Kikinnin just as he starts protecting the party, then readies his gun.

Marigold blesses the Watchers with fervor and taunts back the demons. Unseen under her patch her eye's flames roar with power.

Kythel waves his cloak and a mass of many-layered sticky strands magically shapes in between two of the trees.
Ref DC 15: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Although the strands get a good anchor the Kalavakus is only surrounded by webs and not grappled.

Noticing the resistance to electricity the Vrocks stop their dance and use mirror image on themselves.
Red Images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Yellow Images: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

The blue feathered vrock flaps his wings moving forward and slightly descending. When it seems she is up to charge on Marigold, she opens her beak and emits a shrilling screech that booms on the ears of everyone except JJ.
Fort DC 21 or be stunned 1 round. Yellow area in map

The last vrock nosedives charging on JJ with his beak!
bite-AP+charge+height+Surabar: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 13 - 3 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 27
S/P/B/evil/chaotic damage+AP: 1d8 + 5 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 9 + 1 = 16
The beak pierces through the young man right arm leaving an ugly wound.

The Kalavakus looks irked at Marigold's words and Kythel's web, but he seems to be just to enraged with JJ to bother with them "હું તે પેલીલાન્ટ આંખો પહેલા ઓળખી શકું! તે સુરાબર લાઇન એકને સમાપ્ત કરવામાં આનંદ થશે અને બધા માટે! " an mischievous smile draws on the hunky one "પરંતુ પ્રથમ ... તમારે પાલન કરવું જ જોઈએ!"

Abyssal:
"I shall have recognized those petulant eyes before! It will be a pleasure to end the Surabar line one and for all! But first... you must obey!"

The Kalavakus moves to a position where he can see JJ through the dense web of strands.
CMB to move through the web DC 15: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17
He groars as he fumbles his movement getting grappled, but he moves enough to have less than 20' of web in between JJ and him, enough to see the young of Surabar.
Concentration to cast while grappled DC 20 (10+5+spell level): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (3) + 15 = 18
The hunky demon gets enraged with the webs, battling with them and roaring in frustration as he loses concentration "આ મામૂલી વેબ્સથી વ્યગ્ર! હું તને નિસ્તેજ કરીશ!"
Abyssal:

"Distrubed by this insignificant webs! I will humble you pale one!

The demon attempts to enslave Kythel's soul as much as he tried before with JJ.
Will DC 18 mind-affecting and death effect (it's a swift supernatural, so no concentration needed) or take -6 on all attack rolls and saving throws against the Kalavakus

Kalavakus: grappled
Green: 8i
Blue: 7i
Red: 5i
Yellow: 8i
Party buffs: resist energy (electricity 20) 18 min, Blessing of fervor r13
JJ: 89/105 hp
Maxim: endure elements 24 h
Kikinnin: herosim 80 min, fly 8 min
Kythel: circle vs evil 100 min
Round 2: JJ, Marigold, Kikinnin, Round 3: Maxim, Kythel, Vrocks, Kalvakus

The heroes turn!


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Fortitude Save v DC 21: 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39

Kikinnin shrugs off the demon trying to deafen them, then watches JJ and Marigold first, wondering which way to Fly into battle, once he's sure he'll find his path unobstructed.

Will post more fully following Marigold's action, now that Kikinnin will actually have actions of his own :)


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

"Enough!" says JJ, realising the demons probably understood the language of mortals. "I'll not befoul my tongue with your piftyful excuse for a langage any more. Though, given who speaks it, maybe that explains a lot."

With the Vrock close by, he unleashes a mass of attacks, aiming to destroy images as much as harm the creature.

wall of attacks:

Using blessing this round for extra attack.
Extra +10 is from them being natives of teh abyss.
Should be an extra +2 on this from evil outsider bane as well, but I don't think it will be required.
primary attack, TWF: 1d20 + 20 - 2 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 20 - 2 + 10 = 38
TWF attack, TWF: 1d20 + 20 - 2 + 10 ⇒ (7) + 20 - 2 + 10 = 35
secondary attack, TWF: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 15 - 2 + 10 = 43
ITWF attack, TWF: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 15 - 2 + 10 = 33
tertiary attack, TWF: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 2 + 10 = 28
hasted attack, TWF: 1d20 + 20 - 2 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 20 - 2 + 10 = 32

Okay, they all look like hits, but with 8 images... that makes nine of them, assuming getting the high number destroys an image
image on max: 1d9 ⇒ 1
image on max: 1d8 ⇒ 8 Hit!
image on max: 1d8 ⇒ 2
image on max: 1d7 ⇒ 6
image on max: 1d6 ⇒ 3
image on max: 1d5 ⇒ 5

Extra damage is +2+2d6 from evil outsider bane.
primary damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
TWF damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 4 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 10 + 2 + (4, 6) = 27 HIT!
secondary damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12
ITWF damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
tertiary damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
hasted damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

In a matter of seconds the 'nine' facing the youth are reduced to four, and they all bear a single heavy wound - on the claw that drew the youths blood.
"Been a while since your prey could fight back I think. Your foolish master should have picked better slaves if he really wanted to best a Surabar! Or maybe he was just sick and tired of your pathetic moaning and wanted to be rid of you." he continues to taunt.


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Round 3

Will Save DC 18 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 + 2 = 19 Kythel manages to shake off the effect.

Kythel prays to Pharasma for her intercession and drops a pillar of flame upon the head of the Demon that is closest to him yellow Vrock

SR 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
Flamestrike Damage 10' Radius 10d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 1, 5, 4, 1, 2, 1, 2) = 27 14 Fire Damage & 13 Divine Damage. Reflex Save DC 18 for 1/2 damage.


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

Great descriptions there JJ! I feel tempted to give you the AC for you to describe your hits/fails from now on! :D
I usually use 1 as the real target, but I am fine with this here

Yellow Ref 18: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
The Vrock resists the worst of Kythel's magic.
Remember to roll your Fort versus the stunning screech Kythel! :)


Rogue 2/Cleric of Pharasma 11 | HP = 137/137 | AC = 18 | Initiative +6 | Perception +19 | CMD – 21 | CMB – +9 | F +8 (+10 Spider Poison) | R +8 | W +9 | Channels 2/10 | HP = 2/3 | Counterspell Hold Person

Fortitude Save 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 8 + 2 = 29


Dwarven Ratcatcher 13 HP 160 l AC 31, T 13, FF 30 l CMD 29 l F +20, R +14, W +18; +2 vs poison, spells/spell-like abilities l Init +1 l Senses: Perception +1, Darkvision

Round 2

Status:

AC = 29 (34 AC against Yellow for Smite)
HP = 148/148
Weapon Equipped = +2 Dwarven Greataxe
Condition(s) = Heroism(+2 Attack/Saves/Skills), Magic Circle v Evil, Resist Electricity 20/18 minutes

Blessing of Fervor- +2 to Attack, +2 Dodge Bonus to AC/Reflex

Kikinnin finally engages, watching out of the corner of his eye to see what Marigold will bring against the demons. He charges upwards at Yellow, seeking out the meat behind the mirrors. Before he takes off, he Marks Yellow for some of Abadar's anger. Smite Yellow

"You're in it now, demon. You've welcomed your doom, attacking us. Made yourself known to demonslayers, which is a very bad thing to do, seeing as you're a demon."

+2 Dwarven Greataxe, Power Attack, Charge, BoF, Heroism, Smite: 1d20 + 18 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 18 - 4 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 5 = 30 for 1d10 + 5 + 8 + 12 + 12 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 8 + 12 + 12 = 39 damage
Miss Chance, 1 Hits: 1d9 ⇒ 1 hehehe


Ire of the Storm: Ire of the Storm maps; Shackled City: Player's Guide - Expectations | Shackled City map

JJ strikes in a whirlwind with the two extremes of Alakast. With each blow of the staff one of the vulpture-like figures disappears, making more clear where the real Vrock is, until the young man strikes neatly on the demon, the holy weapon going through all his defenses.

Kythel presents his holy symbol, a soul drawing a spiral, and says divine words. A massive column of fire descends over the head of the easternmost Vrock who barely manages to avoid part of the damage. Despite his fire resistance, the sacred damage goes through his defenses.

Kikinnin flights in, placing his eye on the evilness of the same Vrock. As the scolds of fire fade away, the flying dwarf smites the demon with a precise axe slash that goes in between all the illusions that surround it.

Because Marigold commented she will not be available until Sunday, I will GMPC her here
Fort DC 21: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (14) + 13 = 27
Marigold makes some movements with her hands and casts a reach true seeing spell.
Ray touch to Kikinnin: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Thanks to the enhanced metamagic a ray springs from her hand traveling all the way until it strikes Kikinnin who suddenly sees things as they really are!

Kikinnin:

You do now see all Vrocks crystal clear, without a single image around them.

She then steps back and draws her spear, determined to protect Maxim and Kythel.

Maxim does something heroic.

The Vrock on Kikinnin performs a shrill screech as well that expands up from the dwarf to the bottom of the cliff, getting everyone but JJ on its effects.
Again, everyone Fort DC 21 vs stunning 1 round

The one on JJ flaps his wings, trying to maintain its advantage position over the blonde.
Fly (hover) DC 15: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Claw 1+PA+height+Surabar: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 = 292d6 + 5 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5) + 5 + 6 + 1 = 18
Claw 2+PA+height+Surabar: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 = 312d6 + 5 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (2, 5) + 5 + 6 + 1 = 19

Bite+PA+height+Surabar: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 = 201d8 + 5 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 6 + 1 = 15
Talon 1+PA+height+Surabar: 1d20 - 3 + 13 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) - 3 + 13 + 1 + 1 = 131d6 + 5 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 6 + 1 = 13
Talon 2+PA+height+Surabar: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 = 181d6 + 5 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 6 + 1 = 17
While the beak fails, the powerful claws of the demon cut clean on JJ's skin once more.

The southern Vrock nosedives over Maxim and Marigold performing a cleave attack on them.
Claw 1+PA+height: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 13 - 3 + 1 = 132d6 + 5 + 6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 5 + 6 = 22
But her claw is deflected by the dwarf's magics and ends unable to complete the arch of her attack.

The last Vrock descends as well over JJ, trying to abuse the most injured enemy.
Claw 1+PA+height+Surabar: 1d20 + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 13 - 3 + 1 + 1 = 292d6 + 5 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 1) + 5 + 6 + 1 = 18
The lash strikes true, making things more difficult for the young combatant!

CMB (break grapple) DC 15: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
CMB (break grapple) DC 15: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (4) + 16 = 20
The Kalavakus fights the webs and finally is able to break free and move past the sticky strands. Full of rage it walks in the air next to JJ.

The demons seem to flock over the smell of Surabar's blood!

Spores suddenly erupt from the bodies of the Vrocks, lashing out at everyone adjacent to them!
Spores on JJ: 2d8 ⇒ (2, 8) = 10
Spores on Maxim: 1d8 ⇒ 4
Spores on Marigold: 1d8 ⇒ 1
Spores on Kikinnin: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Kalavakus: grappled
Green: 27 damage, 3i, slightly damaged
Blue: 7i, -2 AC r4
Red: 5i
Yellow: 45 damage, 8i, considerably damaged
Party buffs: resist energy (electricity 20) 18 min, Blessing of fervor r13
Marigold: 117/118 hp
JJ: 24/105 hp
Maxim: 87/91 hp, endure elements 24 h
Kikinnin: 142/148 hp, herosim 80 min, fly 8 min, true seeing 13 min
Kythel: circle vs evil 100 min
Round 3: JJ, Marigold, Kikinnin, Round 4: Maxim (x2), Kythel, Vrocks, Kalvakus

Back to the heroes turn! (mind your Fort rolls against the stunning screech)
Maxim has his actions for round 3 in addition of round 4 (and 2 Fort rolls!)


Male HP 112/112; LoH 2/3 (6d6); AC 27(29 SoF), Touch 15, Flat-footed 19, Fort 15(reroll 1/day), Ref 14, Will 13; resist fire&acid/10; Perception +19 (extra from FE/FT))

Blue blood spills from the suddenly large number of wounds that cover the young Surabar.
LoH: 6d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 6, 2, 5, 6) = 25
Uncle always said my big mouth was going to get me into trouble..

Seeing the leader close by, JJ hopes that by finishing it he might swing the tide of the battle. He turns on the grappled demon, taking advantage of its poor situation.

In the hands of the young Surabar, Alakast appears as a blazing bar of light. Thunder crackles with each blow, echoed surely by the sound of demonic bones breaking.

wall of attacks:

Blessing for extra attack, if the Kalavakus goes down, JJ will return to the green one.
Extra +10 to hit and damage from demons
+2 from outsider bane (+2d6 extra damage)

primary attack, TWF: 1d20 + 20 - 2 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 20 - 2 + 10 + 2 = 33
TWF attack, TWF: 1d20 + 20 - 2 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 20 - 2 + 10 + 2 = 39
secondary attack, TWF: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 15 - 2 + 10 + 2 = 42
ITWF attack, TWF: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 15 - 2 + 10 + 2 = 29
tertiary attack, TWF: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 10 - 2 + 10 + 2 = 22 Might hit due to grapple?
fervor attack, TWF: 1d20 + 20 - 2 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 20 - 2 + 10 + 2 = 35

primary damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 7 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 10 + 2 + (6, 2) = 29
TWF damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 4 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 10 + 2 + (5, 4) = 26
secondary damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 7 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 10 + 2 + (2, 5) = 30
ITWF damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 4 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 10 + 2 + (3, 4) = 29
tertiary damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 7 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 10 + 2 + (1, 4) = 26 Might be a miss
fervor damage(blunt,magic,good): 1d6 + 7 + 10 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 10 + 2 + (4, 6) = 32

9,401 to 9,450 of 10,372 << first < prev | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [AP] The Shackled City by GM Rutseg - Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.