The Reclamation of Zahvroma

Game Master Signore di Fortuna

Chapter 6: A Candle Burning At Both Ends Combat Map


63,951 to 64,000 of 64,061 << first < prev | 1272 | 1273 | 1274 | 1275 | 1276 | 1277 | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | next > last >>

The ground rumbles as the crimson worm searches for the group aimlessly before heading back in the direction it came from.


F Anizari Rogue 11/Guardian 2 HP:66/76; AC: 22, T: 17, FF: 16, Fort: +5, Ref: +14, Will: +7 (+2 vs illusions); Init: +7; Perception: +16 (+4 vs concealed objects/conversations)

Mirrin looks to the sorceress. "Rhadaya?"


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 14; Mythic Tier 4th (Archmage) HP: 103/103; AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17; Fort: +8, Ref: +10, Will: +11, Init: +12, Perception: +11

"We'll have to attract its attention somehow," Sienna remarks.

Kn(Arcana): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (9) + 15 = 24

"Any ideas?" she asks as the nature of the beast eludes her.


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Roshan tries to think of how to attract the worm to them.

Know Arcana: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Roshan shrugs slightly, "I'm sorry, I haven't really run into anything like that before....but maybe if we do something either loud, or something that would send a vibration through the ground? It seemed to show up after we got there, and it lost us because I sort of jumped all of us here. If anyone has a more solid idea though, I'd be open to hearing it. I'm pretty much guessing at this point."


Female Human (Anizari) Female Human (Anizari) Magus (Bladebound) 14 : Mythic tier 4th (Champion ); HP: 160/160; AC:34 FF:30, T:15; Init:+5, Fort: +12, Ref: +6, Will: +10; Perception:+4(+6)

Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 23 ⇒ (18) + 23 = 41


Female Sylph Sorceress (Stormborn) 14 Mythic Tier 3rd: Archmage. HP: 80/80. AC: 22 touch 20 FF: 16. Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +9. Electricity res: 5 Sonic res:5

"I'm not sure. There's something odd about the ice on the surface. It's not just regular ice." The sorceress responds with a frown. "I can try smashing through it with a thunderbolt."


Female Anizari Brawler 11/Champion 2 HP: 93/111; AC: 21, T: 18, FF: 15; Fort: +12, Ref: +12, Will: +6; Init: +5; Perception: +15

"Is there a way to figure it out without perhaps putting us in some danger?" Magestreia asks. "A spell like that might send us into the water."


Sādhanā is certain that the beast is a variation of the purple worm, except much larger. It can breathe fire and is resistant to it as well. It is also poisonous. A worm can sense vibrations in the ground about sixty feet around it and is highly accurate within that range.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

As she listens to them talk, a thought occurs to Tesia. Not wanting to change back to her natural form just yet, Tesia tries to communicate with others non verbally.

Getting their attention, Tesia gestures to herself, and then to the ice around them. She then gestures for them to get off of the ice. Feeling a little frustrated at not being able to vocalize her thoughts, Tesia starts to head off of the ice and gestures for them to follow her.


Female Human (Anizari) Female Human (Anizari) Magus (Bladebound) 14 : Mythic tier 4th (Champion ); HP: 160/160; AC:34 FF:30, T:15; Init:+5, Fort: +12, Ref: +6, Will: +10; Perception:+4(+6)

Sādhanā relays the information to her companions. "We'd need to prepare to withstand at least one blast of fire to take it on." she says looking at the others, and ideally we'd be better off either fighting from the air or spread out enough for it to only focus on one person at a time."[/b]


Female Sylph Sorceress (Stormborn) 14 Mythic Tier 3rd: Archmage. HP: 80/80. AC: 22 touch 20 FF: 16. Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +9. Electricity res: 5 Sonic res:5

"Okay, lets clear off the ice, Tes obviously has an idea of something she can do in this form." Rhadaya relays to the others.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Yeah, I can still cast spells, so I thought I would try Dispel Magic Greater. Here goes nothing. If this doesn't work, I'm not sure what we can do.

Once they are all clear from the "ice", Tesia begins casting her spell. The sounds that come out of her are not understood byh thed others, but she knows what she's saying. Once she finishes the spell, she takes another step back, just in case.

Casting Dispel Magic Greater


Tesia, make a caster level check (1d20+14).


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 14; Mythic Tier 4th (Archmage) HP: 103/103; AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17; Fort: +8, Ref: +10, Will: +11, Init: +12, Perception: +11

"We'll have to get its attention first," Sienna notes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Caster level check: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (20) + 14 = 34


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Woohoo


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

"Well, if it feels vibrations in the ground...I guess we could try jumping up and down." Roshan suggests, before demonstrating by jumping up and down.


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 14; Mythic Tier 4th (Archmage) HP: 103/103; AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17; Fort: +8, Ref: +10, Will: +11, Init: +12, Perception: +11

"I'm not sure you want to do that close enough to where you'll get its attention," Sienna says.


The "ice" explodes in a shower of arcane sparks, revealing the water underneath. The fish retreat deeper into the water as a layer of real ice begins to form on the surface.


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Roshan stops jumping, "Sooo...that's not enough of a vibration to attract it's attention from a distance huh? Well...what else can set off vibrations that might attract such a creature?" Never having run across something like this before, he wasn't quite sure how to proceed.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

I'm not sure what to do at this point


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tiefling Spirit Ranger 14, Trickster Tier 4
Stats:
Init: +11* | HP: 170/170 | AC: 21 | FF: 16 | Fort: +13 | Ref: +15 | Will: +11 | Perception: +20* | Surge 11/11 | Spirit Bond 3/3

Cast Protection From Energy (Communal) [Fire]

"I doubt it's all that smart, maybe we just need bait?" Cyna suggests.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Well, I would if I was there with you guys, but we're here trying to defrost some nymphs. Lol I'm just not sure what to do now that ice is forming over the lake thing. We're in two different groups. Bard boy is with you guys, and I'm here with Rhy and the others trying to do other stuff. I don't know, I'm super tired, and my head is hurting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human (Anizari) Female Human (Anizari) Magus (Bladebound) 14 : Mythic tier 4th (Champion ); HP: 160/160; AC:34 FF:30, T:15; Init:+5, Fort: +12, Ref: +6, Will: +10; Perception:+4(+6)

"I think I can handle that." Sādhanā says striding over about 20 feet from the others. Uttering the command word for her cloak, the bladebearer doubles in size, increasing her mass exponentially. With another command work she brings the wings on her boots to life, flying straight up in the air before launching herself into a dive to land heavily in a combat stance.

Enlarge person: This spell causes instant growth of a humanoid creature, doubling its height and multiplying its weight by 8.. Assuming the with all her gear armor and shield she comes in at about 250, she's now 2000lbs. Doing the "superhero landing" should be enough to draw it's attention.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Roshan's mouth falls open for a moment before shutting it again, "Well damn....okay then." As he watches the magus land and take her position, Roshan unsheaths his rapier and runs his tongue over the blade, applying his own personal poison to it.

I come with my own poison.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

I just mean....should I do something fiery to try and stop th eddd ice, dive in and try to get the entrapped person out before it completely freezes over, or was also wondering if taking care of Wyvaire first would make freeing the Nymphs easier....or if freeing them first would make dealing with Wyvaire easier, or if I'm just really overthinking it? Acting on impulses though haven't always yielded good results either. I'm sorry I'm being so indecisive, I'm just really not sure what the next best course of action is. I could dive in and change into something really big and strong that would allow me to breath under water, grab up the trapped person, and then break back through th eddd ice? Or at least see who's actually trapped.

Seeing actual ice starting to form on the top of the water, Tesia knew that time was not on their side. She quickly looks at the others for some idea of what she should do, her eyes settling on her beloved. If she went in the water, she could become trapped....but if she didn't...how would they know who was down there, and how would they save them.


Make a perception check, Tesia.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

perception: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (7) + 30 = 37


Tesia sees the sphere bob at the surface of the water. She believes she could grip it if she turned into her giant eagle form.

---

As Sadhana lands, she sees the blackened earth raise up and head towards her.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Not wasting any time, Tesia changes into her giant eagle form. Leaping up into the air, the druidess flaps her wings to hover above the sphere. She then carefully grips it, and lifts it out of the water. Tesia takes it over to the others and lowers it safely to the ground, before landing and changing back to herself.

Going to the orb, Tesia inspects it and looks inside.

perception: 1d20 + 30 ⇒ (8) + 30 = 38


Female Human (Anizari) Female Human (Anizari) Magus (Bladebound) 14 : Mythic tier 4th (Champion ); HP: 160/160; AC:34 FF:30, T:15; Init:+5, Fort: +12, Ref: +6, Will: +10; Perception:+4(+6)

"Incoming!" the magus says loudly, beginning to cast a spell as the rime and ice coating Oblivion thickens, steam rising from the blade in warm air.

Cast Frigid Touch. Hold charge. Held action to strike when creature emerges


Tesia sees a nymph within the sphere of ice, her eyes closed and not moving. Yet, the druid notices that the ice seems to be doing something to keep the nymph alive.

---

The worm bursts forth from the ground, its massive jaws poised to swallow the magus whole.

Attack: 1d20 + 25 ⇒ (4) + 25 = 29; Take your held action, Sādhanā.

The worm seems to not have anticipated the magus' size, leading it to miss with its attack.

Initiative:

Sādhanā: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Roshan: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22
Cyna: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Celia: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Sienna: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20
Worm: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (12) - 2 = 10

Round 1: Roshan, Sienna, Celia, Cyna, Sādhanā, Worm


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Holy $hit!! Did not see that one coming. I'll go ahead and let Ms. Sadhana take her held action before I take my regular action....whatever that may be. Yikes....


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Beckoning Rhy over to her, Tesia points to the sphere o fcc ice, and the Nymph within. Giving Rhy a curious look she says, "Hey Rhy, come look at this with me. It looks like this ice is doing something to keep her alive. If we're going to rescue her, I'd like to do it without bringing her harm." She says, while investigating the spheres physical qualities.

Know Nature: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Oh good grief....well, I guess I can't be expected to understand everything I come across. Especially if I've never encountered anything like it before. *sigh*


Tesia thinks fire would work well.


Female Half-elf Druid 14/Hierophant 3 HP 123/130; AC 20, FF 19, Touch 11; Perception +30, Init +8; Fort: +12 (+5 vs cold weather), Ref: +6, Will: +16

Tesia looks at Rhadaya with a questioning expression, "I think fire might do the trick...but I'd really like to know what you think first." She says, not sounding completely sure of herself.


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

I'm not scared, I'm just....cautious. Oh come on, who are we kidding?! That thing is freakin' HUGE! It can swallow people whole, and I have NEVER seen anything like that in my entire short existance and I'd like to keep existing....but I'm gonna attack it...somehow. I'm just not exactly sure yet...but it's probably gonna be some sneaky sneaky something something....dark side. I don't know. *nervous laughter* Compaired to you guys, I'm just a rookie.


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

As the colossal beast bursts forth from the ground, and attempts to swallow the magus whole, Roshan takes a visible step back. His eyes going rather large he exclaims, "Holy $hit!"


Female Human (Anizari) Female Human (Anizari) Magus (Bladebound) 14 : Mythic tier 4th (Champion ); HP: 160/160; AC:34 FF:30, T:15; Init:+5, Fort: +12, Ref: +6, Will: +10; Perception:+4(+6)

Just managing to avoid the massive worm's attack, Sādhanā steps in, swinging a powerful strike as she channels her spell through Oblivion.

Enlarged/Oblivion:(Enhanced) +5 Frost Blackblade longsword : 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (6) + 22 = 28
1d8 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Cold(Frost): 1d6 ⇒ 6
Frigid touch: 4d6 ⇒ (2, 3, 1, 1) = 7
+ whatever Cold vulnerability might add as a fire creature. Opponent staggered for 1 round no save


Female Sylph Sorceress (Stormborn) 14 Mythic Tier 3rd: Archmage. HP: 80/80. AC: 22 touch 20 FF: 16. Fort: +7 Reflex: +7 Will: +9. Electricity res: 5 Sonic res:5

Flying over, Rhadaya studies the trapped form of the nymph within the ice.

Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Taking quick stock of the situation, Roshan takes a moment to step back and intone a spell. Making a few fluid movements, there suddenly appears to be two Roshans.

Okay, going to take a step back to P7 and cast darting duplicate? I think if it works right, when I go to attack...it will appear as if there are two of me? If I understood that spell right. Let me know if I got it wrong, or if that's not the way it works and I will try to come up with something else.


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

For now I gots to hit the bed. Just let me know if I misunderstood how that spell worked. It's always difficult for me to get used to how new characters work. Magic is something that isn't easy for me to understand anyways....but I just too tired right now to keep thinking. If I messed it up, I'll figure out something else tomorrow and fix it then. Hope everyone has a good night.


Female Human (Anizari) Female Human (Anizari) Magus (Bladebound) 14 : Mythic tier 4th (Champion ); HP: 160/160; AC:34 FF:30, T:15; Init:+5, Fort: +12, Ref: +6, Will: +10; Perception:+4(+6)

It forces the worm to waste any attack of opportunity it might have taken, on the duplicate. nTYhe casting time is 1 swift action, s you still get your full action.


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Oh, okay. So, I'll figure out how to attack it when I get home. I just thought since it was a spell, it was like when I cast other stuff. I'm still sleppy, even though I slept a little more. It took a long time to get comfortable.


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Let me redo that post.

Taking in the situation quickly, Roshan casts a spell to bring forth a copy of himself.

Moving impossibly fast, Roshan darts up to the worm and attacks with his poisoned weapon.

Attack: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (1) + 17 = 18


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Well....damn.


Female Tiefling Sorcerer 14; Mythic Tier 4th (Archmage) HP: 103/103; AC: 21, T: 14, FF: 17; Fort: +8, Ref: +10, Will: +11, Init: +12, Perception: +11

Sienna quickly chants as spell and takes to the air.

Fly 60 ft up.


Oblivion cuts through the worm's chitinous armor and delivers a solid blow, while Roshan fails to connect. The worm swings its giant stinger at the illusory copy of the bard.

Round 1: Roshan, Sienna, Celia, Cyna, Sādhanā, Worm

GM Notes:
CW hp: 168


M Vishkanya Bard/Archaeologist 12

Oh crap....I'm gonna get eaten.

63,951 to 64,000 of 64,061 << first < prev | 1272 | 1273 | 1274 | 1275 | 1276 | 1277 | 1278 | 1279 | 1280 | 1281 | 1282 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / For the Glory of Icathia Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.