[PFS PbP Gameday V] GM Boldr's PFS 02-26: The Mantis' Prey (Inactive)

Game Master MisterSlanky

[PFS PbP Gameday V] 02-26: The Mantis' Prey
Event 82317, Session 203


351 to 390 of 390 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

Okay - I want to get this finished up. Botting Denbora and Raven to keep things moving.

Botting Denbora:
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
High I die: 1d100 ⇒ 84

Raven again readies for an attack and Denbora commands his spiritual weapon to attack while switching direction back into the middle of the room. The glowing hammer again misses.

GM Defensive Rolls:
Will against suggestion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Kain's aggressive attack just barely slams into the Red Mantis causing a gaping wound. At this point the Red Mantis is clearly hurt.

Afficus' spell goes off, but the Mantis looks him the eye, a clear bloodlust has enraged him as he does not land and go prone.

Red Mantis:
Acrobatics to avoid AoO (DC 28): 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (14) + 20 = 34
Fly for complex maneuver (DC 20): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Mantis Attack: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 22 + 1 = 43Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Mantis Crit: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 22 + 1 = 40Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
Bleed: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 5) = 9
Grab: 1d20 + 16 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 1 = 21
Free Mandibles: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (12) + 17 = 29Damage: 1d6 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6Fall Damage: 5d6 ⇒ (3, 6, 3, 2, 4) = 18

The Red Mantis does a loop as he flies away from Kain and avoiding the attack of opportunity. It dives towards Afficus where it strikes him before pulling up hard and flying back to the safety of the ceiling.

The claw tears into Afficus with a critical blow. You see gouts of blood weep from the wound while the Mantis chews at his flesh with his mandibles. Afficus is carried aloft before being unceremoniously dropped to the ground. Afficus lands with a sickening crack. You see his open wound continue to bleed profusely.

You watch with horror as the wounds on the mantis begin to close.

Orange Mantis:
Mantis Lunge: 1d20 + 4 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 4 = 23Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

The Orange Mantis strikes at the Cerberi from its lunge position and hits once, damaging it slightly.

Important for Afficus to note he's taking Bleed (9) every round right now.

Also important to note: this is your last round of Fervor.

You all are up.

Red Mantis Fight:

X Red Mantis [1x3, 3x4, 2x2, V, BS, CG, ER, Str(+4), AC(-1), AC(+4), AC(1) 6, FH(2) 6, H 2]
X Orange Mantis
=> Raven [Fervor 10]
=> Denbora [Prone, Fervor 10, Invisibility Purge 7]
=> Gunari [Prone, Fervor 10]
=> Kain [Bleed (1), Fervor 10]
=> Afficus [Bleed (9), Fervor 10]

Conditions:
Afficus: 12/62
Chocobo: -20/67
Denbora: 46/83
Gunari: 51/75
Kain: 71/90
Raven: 83/83

Cerberi: 86/92

Red Mantis: 54 taken
Orange Mantis: 28 taken

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier (Sword) 4/Fighter(Dragoon) 6 | HP: 90/90 | AC: 28 (13 Tch) | CMB: +16, CMD: 28 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, Diplo +7, SM: +7 (+2 vs Bluff) | Speed 30ft | Dailies: 2/2 Challenges 1/1 Tactician | Active Conditions: none

BoF to Hit/AC/Ref
Kain angrily follows again....

+2 Holy Impervious Adamantine Lance, BoF, defensive fighting: 1d20 + 20 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 20 + 2 - 4 = 29
damage: 1d8 + 26 ⇒ (7) + 26 = 33
potential holy damage: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7
miss chance, high you die: 1d100 ⇒ 36

AC 31, CMD 33

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF

BoF to AC/Ref
Gunari moves to Afficus, seeing the blood pooling on the floor. He drops his blade next to him, and then casts cure serious wounds (burning protection from energy)

CSW: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 5, 7) + 9 = 23

"Quit bleeding all over the floor!"

Dark Archive

Male LN Tiefling Sorceror 10 | HP: 75/62 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +7 (+4 vs poison), R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/8, 2nd 2/8, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/6, 5th 4/4 | Hellfire 0/1 | Extend Rod 2/3 | Silent Rod 3/3 | Shirt Re-roll 1/1 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, shield, False Life, mirror image (4), Attunement Tattoo

GM you forgot my mirror images.

1 is me, 2-6 are images: 1d6 ⇒ 4

The mantus guts an illusion, it bleeds and evaporates into a black mist before dissipating.

Gunari redo your action. If I was pulled in by the grapple please move me back.

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

Whoops, thanks for the catch. That was like three weeks ago, you expect me to remember these things?

Sovereign Court

Male gear gnome cleric of Torag 10 | HP: 83/83 | AC: [28] 25 (11 Tch, [28] 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +14, R: +6, W: +15, +2 vs illusions | Init: +0 | Perc: +21, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 5/7 2nd 5/6 3rd 3/5 4th 4/5 5th 4/4| Channel Energy 4/7 5d6 DC 17| Active conditions: BoF +2 attack, AC, and Ref saves, Invisibility Purge

yes, just like oils of fly :)

Dark Archive

Male LN Tiefling Sorceror 10 | HP: 75/62 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +7 (+4 vs poison), R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/8, 2nd 2/8, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/6, 5th 4/4 | Hellfire 0/1 | Extend Rod 2/3 | Silent Rod 3/3 | Shirt Re-roll 1/1 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, shield, False Life, mirror image (4), Attunement Tattoo

It's in my tagline, mang ;D

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF

I have moved Gunari back. He is in delay waiting for Afficus.

Dark Archive

Male LN Tiefling Sorceror 10 | HP: 75/62 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +7 (+4 vs poison), R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/8, 2nd 2/8, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/6, 5th 4/4 | Hellfire 0/1 | Extend Rod 2/3 | Silent Rod 3/3 | Shirt Re-roll 1/1 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, shield, False Life, mirror image (4), Attunement Tattoo

Scroll of fly is still in my hand

use scroll of fly in hand(out of threatened area), move up to Gunari, deliver fly spell onto the drunk

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF

Gunari takes AC/AB/Ref.
Suddenly held aloft by the magic of Afficus's spell, Gunari takes to the air. Unfortunately, with the height of the mantis, he cannot make immediately get up there, so he circles around the mantis, gaining altitude all the while.

(flies in a 45 degree angle the entire way. (double move, 80' of movement giving 40' lateral, and 40' of height, and he started at 5' above ground on the stairs. No turns are >45 degrees.)

Possible AoO near the top, he is going around counter-clockwise, so the square to the right of him is the likely point of an AoO with reach.

Use fervor to heal.
healing: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 3) = 8 Sigh

if attacked:

I don't think these are needed, as he doesn't use wings
fly check #1, if needed: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
[dice=fly check #2, if needed[/ooc]

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

Raven continues to ready.

Mid Round Shenanigans:
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21
Damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
High I die: 1d100 ⇒ 91

Attack of Opportunity: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 22 + 1 = 29Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12

The mantis growl at his missed opportunity on Afficus. Denbora's spiritual weapon continues to miss while Kain charges yet again, drawing a spectacular attack. The Red Mantis continues fighting. As Gunari approaches the Mantis strikes once, missing in the process.

Red Mantis:
Strike: 1d20 + 22 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 22 + 1 = 26Damage: 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17

The Red Mantis flies past Kain attempting to strike once as he flies past, but he misses.

The Orange Mantis and the Cerebri seem locked in mortal combat. Grr.

Fervor is now over.
You may all act.

Red Mantis Fight:
X Red Mantis [1x3, 3x4, 2x2, V, BS, CG, ER, Str(+4), AC(-1), AC(+4), AC(1) 7, FH(2) 7, H 2]
X Orange Mantis
=> Raven []
=> Denbora [Prone, Invisibility Purge 7]
=> Gunari []
=> Kain [Bleed (1)]
=> Afficus [Fervor 10]
Conditions:
Afficus: 75/62
Chocobo: -20/67
Denbora: 46/83
Gunari: 59/75
Kain: 70/90
Raven: 83/83

Cerberi: 86/92

Red Mantis: 92 taken
Orange Mantis: 28 taken

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier (Sword) 4/Fighter(Dragoon) 6 | HP: 90/90 | AC: 28 (13 Tch) | CMB: +16, CMD: 28 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, Diplo +7, SM: +7 (+2 vs Bluff) | Speed 30ft | Dailies: 2/2 Challenges 1/1 Tactician | Active Conditions: none

rinse, repeat

+2 Holy Impervious Adamantine Lance, defensive fighting: 1d20 + 20 - 4 ⇒ (12) + 20 - 4 = 28
damage: 1d8 + 26 ⇒ (2) + 26 = 28
potential holy damage: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4
miss chance, high you die: 1d100 ⇒ 99

AC 29, CMD 31

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

As Kain strikes the flying Mantis it explodes into a fine red mist, very unlike anything you've ever seen before.

A load of gear clatters to the floor including a mithral shirt, sawtooth saber, amulet, cloak, mask (shaped like a mantis), and a ring. You all figure you'll examine the items later.

The orange Mantis dissapates.

Fight is over. Decide what to do.

Dark Archive

Male LN Tiefling Sorceror 10 | HP: 75/62 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +7 (+4 vs poison), R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/8, 2nd 2/8, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/6, 5th 4/4 | Hellfire 0/1 | Extend Rod 2/3 | Silent Rod 3/3 | Shirt Re-roll 1/1 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, shield, False Life, mirror image (4), Attunement Tattoo

Afficus chooses to let the cerberi's summon duration run until expiration.

Taking 10 for 25 spellcraft on the items

"Let's see what we've got here..."

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF

"Well, that's good. Sorry it wasted your scroll, Afficus." says Gunari. "Hey, Denbora, you wanna make sure everyone is healed up? See if there is anything you can do for Kain's bird. Truly sorry about that, Kain."

He makes sure everyone is all healed up, and that they've found any treasure that they can find.
If Denbora doesn't channel
cure light wand to self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
If still down at least 4
cure light wand to self: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Will stay at 72hp unless Denbora has channeled

He'll then run around outside, flying, to see if there is anything that they missed, and entrance that they could have used.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Sovereign Court

Male gear gnome cleric of Torag 10 | HP: 83/83 | AC: [28] 25 (11 Tch, [28] 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +14, R: +6, W: +15, +2 vs illusions | Init: +0 | Perc: +21, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 5/7 2nd 5/6 3rd 3/5 4th 4/5 5th 4/4| Channel Energy 4/7 5d6 DC 17| Active conditions: BoF +2 attack, AC, and Ref saves, Invisibility Purge

I planned to pop off a few channels

Denbora calls upon the power of the Daddy Mack to heal all of his beetches, selecting out those who would profane his holiness.

Channel to heal mofos!: 5d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 2, 4, 1) = 14
Channel to heal mofos!: 5d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 3, 4, 2) = 20

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

What's next guys?

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF

As he goes by, Gunari grabs Raven... landing on the ground, as the hype kicks in once more... "THERESGOTTABEMORETOTHISPLACELETSGOANDFINDSOMETHINGOUTSIDEBECAUSEWEHAVEALRE ADYFOUNDEVERYTHINGINSIDEHAVEN'TWE?"

previous plan

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier (Sword) 4/Fighter(Dragoon) 6 | HP: 90/90 | AC: 28 (13 Tch) | CMB: +16, CMD: 28 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, Diplo +7, SM: +7 (+2 vs Bluff) | Speed 30ft | Dailies: 2/2 Challenges 1/1 Tactician | Active Conditions: none

Kain will join the party in a thorough re-search of the place.

Whence it is time to depart, Kain will stow his gear and carry Choco.

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

You feel you've explored the entire site. You find no more Red Mantis, and none further ambush you.

You feel perhaps it's best at this point to go let Eando know what is going on.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier (Sword) 4/Fighter(Dragoon) 6 | HP: 90/90 | AC: 28 (13 Tch) | CMB: +16, CMD: 28 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, Diplo +7, SM: +7 (+2 vs Bluff) | Speed 30ft | Dailies: 2/2 Challenges 1/1 Tactician | Active Conditions: none

"I feel like.... we should head back to Eando's and provide a report on what is going on."

Grand Lodge

Male TN Half Elf "Warpriest" (Sacred Fist) 4, Rogue (Unchained) 7 | HP: 91/91 | AC: 28 (23 Tch, 21 Fl (Uncanny)), Mobility, Danger Sense +2 | CMB: +9, CMD: 32 | F: +9, R: +13 (Danger Sense +2), W: +12 (+2 Enchant) | Init: +13 | Perc: +30 (+3 Traps, +2 Surprise, Trapspot), SM: +11 | Speed 40ft (50 w/Hype) | Blessings: 5/5, Fervor: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: Hype (1hr), MA

Raven will nod and give the place a quick once over, dashing from room to room, before heading to the exit.

A quick take 10 near the center of each room, checking for hiding enemies/secret panels. 40 perception.

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

You return to the manor with your loot in tow. At the main gates the gate guards wave you in after verifying your identities.

Eando is again standing in what must have been Torch's old bathroom. He's in the middle of a discussion with a robed sage while flanked by his two hulking half-orc guards.

"So, you've been gone long enough? Is the threat neutralized? Did you discover anything?"

Sovereign Court

Male gear gnome cleric of Torag 10 | HP: 83/83 | AC: [28] 25 (11 Tch, [28] 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +14, R: +6, W: +15, +2 vs illusions | Init: +0 | Perc: +21, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 5/7 2nd 5/6 3rd 3/5 4th 4/5 5th 4/4| Channel Energy 4/7 5d6 DC 17| Active conditions: BoF +2 attack, AC, and Ref saves, Invisibility Purge

let's boogie back to grandmaster flash and the furious orcs

Sovereign Court

Male gear gnome cleric of Torag 10 | HP: 83/83 | AC: [28] 25 (11 Tch, [28] 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +14, R: +6, W: +15, +2 vs illusions | Init: +0 | Perc: +21, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 5/7 2nd 5/6 3rd 3/5 4th 4/5 5th 4/4| Channel Energy 4/7 5d6 DC 17| Active conditions: BoF +2 attack, AC, and Ref saves, Invisibility Purge

"Who's this new m%@%#$&*$*@#?", pointing at the robed person?

Denbora shrugs his shoulders and twitches his head back and forth a bit as if to say "whatever".

We got the name of the person who was hired to kill you. Uh, Vashian the Needle or some s+@# like that. We got that from a real pain in the ass known as a medusa, right before we sent her and her sister back to what ever pit they crawled out. There were a few more of these Red Mantis peeps that we killed, and then I can only assume we killed this Needle dick guy. Here's his stuff."

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF

"Yes, what the lovely gnome here said." Gunari says, holding himself back from patting Denbora on the head, and action that he knows would only end in bloodshed.

"To add to that, we got ambushed trying to get into the school, but were able to defeat them. Then, there was this annoying puzzle lock, and a HUGE water elemental that threw a few of us off the cliff.

"Was kind of fun, until I actually landed on some sharp rocks. That stung.

"From there, I used my Swan Boat feather token to get out of the water. Have to remember to thank that Taco fellow for the idea. I mean, really, who goes around the Grand Lodge asking every agent if they have a swan boat?

"Well, I guess we figured out the puzzle, because then we went in, but were ambushed by the medusa and a bunch of mantis guys pretending to be captives. I got turned to stone, which I wouldn't recommend to anyone. Kind of hurts for a moment, gets really dull for a while, then hurts more than you would imagine when you get turned back. Took a good shot from my hip flask after that.

"Then, we got surprised by their top agent, or whom I expect was their top agent. He outright killed poor Choku, the bastard. Then he was flying around, hiding, and summoning bugs. He turned into a bug as well.

"Kain took his vengeance out on him, and took his stuff, and here we are."

The warpriest then pulls out his tankards, and asks, "Anyone thirsty after that?"

GM - I assume most, if not all, buffs have run out?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier (Sword) 4/Fighter(Dragoon) 6 | HP: 90/90 | AC: 28 (13 Tch) | CMB: +16, CMD: 28 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, Diplo +7, SM: +7 (+2 vs Bluff) | Speed 30ft | Dailies: 2/2 Challenges 1/1 Tactician | Active Conditions: none

"Yes." Kain takes a huge pull from the flask.

Dark Archive

Male LN Tiefling Sorceror 10 | HP: 75/62 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +7 (+4 vs poison), R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/8, 2nd 2/8, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/6, 5th 4/4 | Hellfire 0/1 | Extend Rod 2/3 | Silent Rod 3/3 | Shirt Re-roll 1/1 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, shield, False Life, mirror image (4), Attunement Tattoo

"I'll echo what the inebriated one said. We tried to negotiate on your behalf and were only met with treachery--I suspect the threat on your life is not yet over. Furthermore, my detect magic is also busted so we weren't able to identify the mantis-bear-pig's things. I'll try again here."

detect magic, 10 spellcraft for 25.

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

GM Stuff:
B: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

SM 1: 1d20 + 0 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 0 + 4 = 24
SM 2: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
SM 3: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (17) + 17 = 34
SM 4: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
SM 5: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

Me I: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
You I: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Afficus, even though he knows deep down it's a pile of +1 garbage that doesn't even warrant his time, begins to cast detect magic. He sees magic auras, then he counts a number of them. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven. Wait, there are only six objects...

Gunari ONLY:
Eando's half-orc guard is about to stab him Eando with what looks an awful lot like a wooden spoon.

This is a surprise round, you may have one action. You are 15' away.

Please wait until Gunari responds.

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF

Suddenly, Gunari leaps forward towards the half-orc guard! As he charges, he fervor casts divine favor and attempts to grab the guard! "He's going to kill Eando!" He grabs the guard to prevent him from attacking their patron.
grapple vs FF(?), charge: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 12 + 2 = 33

"Eando! Get out of here!"

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

Converting the illegal grapple into a Bull Rush upon request.

The guard lets out an "oomph" as he is pushed back a full 10 feet from Eando.

The guard drops his guise. Standing before you is the red-clad figure of a Red Mantis Assassin; two vicious sawtooth sabers in his hands.

Red Mantis:
Strike: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30Damage: 1d8 + 5 + 3d6 ⇒ (2) + 5 + (5, 3, 2) = 17

Fortitude (DC22): 1d20 ⇒ 18 (Let's just see if it's even in the ballpark, if it isn't then we'll deal with it).

The Red Mantis shakes off the sudden blow and charges with single-minded determination at Eando. The blade digs deep. You see a faint green coating tinge the blade, but it appears to have not gotten into the wound.

GM Only:
Afficus Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29
Denbora Init: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (14) + 0 = 14
Kain Init: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Raven Init: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

Eando: 1d20 ⇒ 9

Since you've all beat the solo 59 HP Red Mantis on initiative, we all know what happens next, no need to play it out.

With the Mantis dead after you hog-pile him, Eando looks down at the gaping wound in his gut. "Man, I'm glad that poison on his blade wasn't coated very well, looks like I barely made it out of that alive. Thanks Gunari!"

He thanks each of your for your involvement in saving his life, "I'm sure I can offer you a favor someday," he states.

Go ahead and close this out however you like.

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

Eando looks at the gear on the table, "Say, anybody know what this stuff is?"

Sovereign Court

Male gear gnome cleric of Torag 10 | HP: 83/83 | AC: [28] 25 (11 Tch, [28] 25 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 18 | F: +14, R: +6, W: +15, +2 vs illusions | Init: +0 | Perc: +21, SM: +9 | Speed 20ft | Spells: 1st 5/7 2nd 5/6 3rd 3/5 4th 4/5 5th 4/4| Channel Energy 4/7 5d6 DC 17| Active conditions: BoF +2 attack, AC, and Ref saves, Invisibility Purge

"Hey, Kline. You got a contact down on the docks? Maybe know a boat gonna sail for... oh, I don't know, The Shackles or some such hell hole that might make a pit stop on a certain island? I got something I wanna put on as cargo."

Denbora puts his left foot on the dead assassin's chest, lines up his warhammer next to the assassin's temple, clears his throat and expels the wad of phlegm on the dead assassin's face. He shakes a bit, back and forth, adjusting his grip on his warhammer before bringing the hammer head at great strength back to the assassin's temple.

With a smile and nod of his head, Denbora walks over to retrieve the now free rolling assassin head. Picking it up, Denbora walks over to Kline.

"This."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Cavalier (Sword) 4/Fighter(Dragoon) 6 | HP: 90/90 | AC: 28 (13 Tch) | CMB: +16, CMD: 28 | F: +14, R: +7, W: +8 (+2 vs Fear) | Init: +2 | Perc: +0, Diplo +7, SM: +7 (+2 vs Bluff) | Speed 30ft | Dailies: 2/2 Challenges 1/1 Tactician | Active Conditions: none

"To the great hall. The Druids there will be able to bring Choco back to me. Todag's assistance will be of great help Denbora."

Nothing further for Kain - Thanks for GMing!

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF

"Hey, no problem! I'd do it for anyone. Saw the bastard getting ready to swing a spoon at you... I know that wouldn't be right. Glad you are doing ok after that."

Gunari looks over the stuff, (takes 10 for a 22 to ID stuff that Afficus hasn't geotten to yet.) He then describes everything he can figure out to Eando, after pooring Eando a beer.

Grand Lodge

Male TN Half Elf "Warpriest" (Sacred Fist) 4, Rogue (Unchained) 7 | HP: 91/91 | AC: 28 (23 Tch, 21 Fl (Uncanny)), Mobility, Danger Sense +2 | CMB: +9, CMD: 32 | F: +9, R: +13 (Danger Sense +2), W: +12 (+2 Enchant) | Init: +13 | Perc: +30 (+3 Traps, +2 Surprise, Trapspot), SM: +11 | Speed 40ft (50 w/Hype) | Blessings: 5/5, Fervor: 7/7 | Spells: 1st 5/5, 2nd 2/2 | Active conditions: Hype (1hr), MA

Raven heads out to restock his drug supply, bored and confused.

The Exchange

Male CG Human (Varisian) Warpriest 10 | HP:83/83| AC: 32 (15 tch, 30 Fl) | CMB: +10, CMD: 24| F: +13 (+5 vs cold weather), R: +9, W: +16 (+2 vs mind effecting) | Init: +1 | Perc: +7, SM: +18 | Blessing: 8/8, Fervor 3/10, SacWeap (9/10r), SacArm (7/10m), Shirt 0/1 | Pearl 1 1/3, Pearl 2 0/1, Extend: (2/6), Heroism (0/1), Chalices (2/4), Corset 0/1 | Active: Divine Favor +4, BoF

"Dude!" Gunari calls out to Raven. "Where do you get that HYPE stuff. It was incredible!"

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

The gear is a bunch of +1 gear, and a Mask of the Mantis. It'll all be on the chronicle.

Dark Archive

Male LN Tiefling Sorceror 10 | HP: 75/62 | AC: 23 (14 Tch, 19 Fl) | CMB: +3, CMD: 16 | F: +7 (+4 vs poison), R: +8, W: +9 | Init: +3 | Perc: +0, SM: +0 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 1st 6/8, 2nd 2/8, 3rd 3/7, 4th 4/6, 5th 4/4 | Hellfire 0/1 | Extend Rod 2/3 | Silent Rod 3/3 | Shirt Re-roll 1/1 | Active conditions: Mage Armor, shield, False Life, mirror image (4), Attunement Tattoo

"Gentlemen, it's been a pleasure..."

10 for 38 bluff

With that, the tiefling raises his arms and disappears in a cloud of smoke.

dim door to down the street and away from the rest of the party.

Dark Archive

Tactical Maps and Handouts

You all note that most of the expensive treasure seems to be missing after the Tiefling's escape.

351 to 390 of 390 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS PbP Gameday V] GM Boldr's PFS 02-26: The Mantis' Prey All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.